Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Sunak is just like the Grand Old Duke of York? – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    GhedebravGhedebrav Posts: 3,565
    Andy_JS said:

Economist latest forecast.

Lab 381
    Con 192
    LD 22
    SNP 27

https://www.economist.com/interactive/uk-general-election/forecast

LDs a little to low for me there. But otherwise looks plausible.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 16,624

Scott_xP said:

@nicholaswatt
    A Tory rebel source tells me: Letters are going in calling for a no confidence vote in Rishi Sunak after reports of an imminent general election announcement

Another Tory source: panic in the tea room. Nobody was expecting this. “Everyone mortified,” the source told me

This echoes what a leading Tory Brexiteer told me - as I posted earlier - that an election now would be “madness”. Why go when @Conservatives are 20 points behind in the polls goes the thinking

Could Sunak be hijacked prior to seeing Chas?
    The most hilarious sequence of events is if he bottles calling an early election, but panicked MPs call a confidence vote in him to stop him from doing so anyway.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 78,069

Scott_xP said:

@kitty_donaldson

Civil servant texts to say everyone has downed tools and is refreshing Twitter

Most important question- what colour lanyard are they wearing
    Nobody knows because they are all working from home...
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 34,555
    @jamesrbuk
    I am hearing that there is currently a stage being built at the ExCeL for a Conservative Party event this evening – around 8pm.

Given reports of an announcement outside Number 10 around 5pm, could this be some kind of follow up launch?

@mikeysmith
    Given the response to the rumours from Tory backbenchers, one hopes they booked a small room.
  • Options
    GhedebravGhedebrav Posts: 3,565
    Dura_Ace said:

Andy_JS said:

Tory leadership race in September.

Candidates: Truss, Braverman, Patel, Mordaunt.

Mental Spice, Evil Spice, Thick Spice and I can't even be bothered to come up with one for Mordaunt.
    Mumsy
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 9,412
    If July then the round of polling beginning Monday should give us our first hint at the campaign outset polling, by then the DKs will have had a chance to K with a certain date in play
  • Options
    TheValiantTheValiant Posts: 1,822
    Scott_xP said:

@Stefan_Boscia

Tory MP when asked if I should cancel my June plans at 11.44am: "Probably not."

Same MP, unprompted, at 2.53pm: "Hold that."

The chances of a June election now are very, very slim. July certainly, but there isn't enough time for June now on a Thursday.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,945

kinabalu said:

Scott_xP said:

@severincarrell

Here's what @YouGov is polling: Sunak has his lowest score on favourability and other key attributes; the economy as a top concern dips to its lowest level since early 2022 #snapelection #GE2024

Perhaps he thinks he can do a Corbyn with SKS as Mrs May?
    That gives us the prospect of another five years of inertia. What will be left by 2029?

Remember 1992 Kinabalu. Remember 1992!
    A tiny part of me wants Sunak to win to have to clear up the mess he has made. Tories on 10% in 2028.
    But it doesn't work that way. If the Cons win again in these circumstances that's a one party state we have.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 48,152
    Leon said:

So my pal was right. An election, announced at 5pm

*brave*

Your usual BS, deniable punting just in case.
  • Options
    TazTaz Posts: 12,175
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

You wouldn't think Labour could lose an election from this position, but you never know.

I think they are hoping for Theresa May in reverse.

Of course in that election the Tories still won.
    You're back. Shocked.
  • Options
    @KevinASchofield

Hearing Rishi Sunak has a campaign visit lined up for tomorrow.

Looks like it's on ...
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 49,648
    I for one feel a sense of relief at the news of an election, equivalent to the sense of relief I felt when my quinsy was lanced; it meant my mouth was full of pus and blood - that's the election of Labour - but the pain was finally gone - that's the Tories departing
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,924
    Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

A friend of mine with some political connections says Yes there will be an election in July, and it will be announced around 5pm, before the news at 6

He sometimes gets things wildly wrong, and sometimes nails things completely

Did he predict Brexit?
    he is obsessively political
    What, as opposed to us here on PB. mkay.

• Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 41,134
    Dura_Ace said:

Andy_JS said:

Mental Spice, Evil Spice, Thick Spice and I can't even be bothered to come up with one for Mordaunt.
    Sub Spice. It livens up the Tory market offering.
  • Options
    @Peston

I am told all the final stages of the finance bill are being rushed through tomorrow. That would be consistent with a 4 July general election
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

Andy_JS said:

Vacant Spice.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@KevinASchofield

Looks like it's on ...

Like fat Pat's thong....
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

@Stefan_Boscia

The chances of a June election now are very, very slim. July certainly, but there isn't enough time for June now on a Thursday.
    July election means that June is busy with an election campaign.
  • Options
    bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 8,811
    Scott_xP said:

@Peston

I am told all the final stages of the finance bill are being rushed through tomorrow. That would be consistent with a 4 July general election

And the Post Office bill? Not going to look good to leave them hanging again...
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 50,081
    Dura_Ace said:

Andy_JS said:

Curvy Spice.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

A friend of mine with some political connections says Yes there will be an election in July, and it will be announced around 5pm, before the news at 6

Did he predict Brexit?

I mean he actually has a job in politics, as an elected politician, which is NOT true of most people on here

Anyway, it seems that this time he aced it
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 28,785
    Vennells getting lucky wrt publicity.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 68,402

Scott_xP said:

@Peston

By interrupting Vennells' train wreck he already has.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

SeanT ?
    Leon's alter ego Heather, surely. Never forget the rumours about new lockdowns...
    Didn't you want to make a bet with me, the other day, that Peter "Lab Leak" Daszak would never see a trial or a jail?

You sure?

🚨BREAKING🚨

Last night, based partially on evidence uncovered in @COVIDSelect's recent staff report and public hearing, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services commenced individual debarment proceedings against Dr. Peter Daszak, President of EcoHealth Alliance, Inc.

This move comes one week after @HHSgov issued an immediate, government-wide suspension on all taxpayer funds allocated to EcoHealth.

Dr. Daszak’s individual debarment will prevent him from receiving funds from the U.S. taxpayer."

https://x.com/COVIDSelect/status/1793251784930066524

The conspiracy to gaslight us is finally falling to pieces, and it looks Daszak is in the firing line. And given that TWENTY MILLION PEOPLE are dead, that seems fair
    What's the main accusation against him? Working with China?
    An entire textbook of allegations. Richard Ebright has been on the case (a science prof at Rutgers) he's feeling vindicated (quote rightly) and here is his summary:

"Unindicted felon Peter Daszak provably defrauded the US government, provably breached contractual terms of US-government grants, and, through reckless gain-of-function research in Wuhan, probably caused the COVID-19 pandemic, killing 20 million and costing $25 trillion."

https://x.com/R_H_Ebright/status/1793263627547423206
    Ta.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,450
    Rishi Sunak presumably now being intensively coached for the announcement.

I almost feel sorry for him already.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

@KevinASchofield

Looks like it's on ...

Like fat Pat's thong....
    Usually worn on Frank Butchers head.
  • Options
    Chris said:

Scott_xP said:

@nicholaswatt
    A Tory rebel source tells me: Letters are going in calling for a no confidence vote in Rishi Sunak after reports of an imminent general election announcement

Another Tory source: panic in the tea room. Nobody was expecting this. “Everyone mortified,” the source told me

This echoes what a leading Tory Brexiteer told me - as I posted earlier - that an election now would be “madness”. Why go when @Conservatives are 20 points behind in the polls goes the thinking

Probably Sunak thinks he can salvage 150 seats or more if he goes now, rather than fewer than 100 if he hangs on until the last possible minute.
    He might think he can win or go close. Corbyn17 turned round a big deficit in the GE campaign.

Oh Ri-ishi Sunak ...
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Leon said:

*brave*

I said he is often wrong, and that he is predicting a slender Sunak win. This is really not going to happen, he's wrong

So I'm not punting out some bullshit, I am relaying some insider info, which it turns out, is probably correct in this instance
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@Peston

Right that has put the kibosh on it then....Back to Dec GE.
  • Options
    TheValiantTheValiant Posts: 1,822
    Scott_xP said:

@mikeysmith

Rishi Sunak being prevented from calling an election because he had to fight a no confidence vote would be the most Rishi Sunak thing that has ever happened.

It's probably never been tested, but I think calling a GE would take precedence over an internal Conservative leadership challenge.

(In theory, both could run alongside each other, but it'd be farcical - how would the question, "So who will be Prime Minister if your party wins?" be answered.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

Chris said:

Scott_xP said:

@nicholaswatt

Probably Sunak thinks he can salvage 150 seats or more if he goes now, rather than fewer than 100 if he hangs on until the last possible minute.
    He might think he can win or go close. Corbyn17 turned round a big deficit in the GE campaign.

Oh Ri-ishi Sunak ...
    Starmer might prove as inept a campaigner as May.

But it's hard to see Sunak magically becoming as effective at campaigning as Corbyn.
  • Options
    No_Offence_AlanNo_Offence_Alan Posts: 4,076

Scott_xP said:

@Stefan_Boscia

July election means that June is busy with an election campaign.
    Good, lots of daylight hours for me to deliver bar charts.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,986

Our Canadian daughter in law who, with our son, is here for our diamond celebrations has gone to Betws y Coed today and has just text to say gossip on the train back to Llandudno is a UK GE is about to be called

Amazing how these rumours spread

Everyone reads pb. Simples. Best source of news there is.
  • Options
    AramintaMoonbeamQCAramintaMoonbeamQC Posts: 3,773
    Thoughts and prayers with Prof. Sir John Curtice, who probably had a nice summer planned on his allotment.
  • Options
    HeathenerHeathener Posts: 6,627
    edited May 22
    Scott_xP said:

@Peston

Thanks for these useful tweets. I know one or two get annoyed by them on here but I don’t like using twitter these days so it’s helpful to have election-focused ones pinged into this thread.

From a betting POV of course ;)

• Options
    @Savanta_UK
    🚨NEW Westminster Voting Intention for
    @Telegraph

📈17pt Labour lead

🌹Lab 43 (=)
    🌳Con 26 (+1)
    🔶LD 10 (-2)
    ➡️Reform 9 (-1)
    🌍Green 5 (+1)
    🎗️SNP 3 (=)
    ⬜️Other 4 (=)

2,295 UK adults, 17-19 May

(chg 10-12 May)
  • Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,924
    edited May 22

Scott_xP said:

@Peston

Not just that

"Government legislation that hasn't yet reached the
    @UKHouseofLords
    in this session includes:
    🚭Tobacco and Vapes Bill
    ⚖️Crime and Justice Bill
    🔨Sentencing Bill
    ⚽️ Football Governance Bill

Either these Bills are lost, or scrutiny is heavily scaled back, if election is imminent.
    "

https://x.com/woodstockjag/status/1793263871244849655
  • Options
    edited May 22
    Scott_xP said:

@jamesrbuk
    I am hearing that there is currently a stage being built at the ExCeL for a Conservative Party event this evening – around 8pm.

Given reports of an announcement outside Number 10 around 5pm, could this be some kind of follow up launch?

@mikeysmith
    Given the response to the rumours from Tory backbenchers, one hopes they booked a small room.

I thought the Disney exhibition was occupying ExCel atm.
  • Options
    HeathenerHeathener Posts: 6,627
    Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

Did he predict Brexit?

I mean he actually has a job in politics, as an elected politician, which is NOT true of most people on here

I mean, lovely. But you posted his information about an hour after everyone else was already talking about the rumour on here.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 49,216
    Leon said:

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

*brave*

I said he is often wrong, and that he is predicting a slender Sunak win. This is really not going to happen, he's wrong

So I'm not punting out some bullshit, I am relaying some insider info, which it turns out, is probably correct in this instance
    It might be a value bet. If Reform won't be a factor then it wouldn't take that much of a swing for the Tories to be in contention again.
  • Options
    Coincidentally, I told a couple of people earlier today that the received wisdom on PB was that the election would now be January next year.

When will I learn?
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 61,054
    kinabalu said:

Chris said:

Scott_xP said:

@nicholaswatt

Oh Ri-ishi Sunak ...
    He was remarkable confident at PMQs today - maybe even relieved at what looks like a very sensible decision
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,308
    Chris said:

Less tetchy. No, even less tetchy than that.

Remember, hit the key points. Rainbow lanyards, toilets and the slightly different coloured cross on the England shirt. Don't mention Brexit. Repeat. Do not mention Brexit.

Can you smile? Ok, Christ, don't smile.

Is that really how tall he is? Can somebody get him a bucket to stand on?
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@Savanta_UK
    @Telegraph

📈17pt Labour lead

🌹Lab 43 (=)
    🌳Con 26 (+1)
    🔶LD 10 (-2)
    ➡️Reform 9 (-1)
    🌍Green 5 (+1)
    🎗️SNP 3 (=)
    ⬜️Other 4 (=)

(chg 10-12 May)

Tory surge already, and he's not even called it yet...
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 8,096
    Ghedebrav said:

Andy_JS said:

Economist latest forecast.

Lab 381
    Con 192
    LD 22
    SNP 27

https://www.economist.com/interactive/uk-general-election/forecast

LDs a little to low for me there. But otherwise looks plausible.
    I don't think it allows for tactical voting.
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

Chris said:

Less tetchy. No, even less tetchy than that.

Remember, hit the key points. Rainbow lanyards, toilets and the slightly different coloured cross on the England shirt. Don't mention Brexit. Repeat. Do not mention Brexit.

Can you smile? Ok, Christ, don't smile.

Is that really how tall he is? Can somebody get him a bucket to stand on?
    "OK, two buckets then!"
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 9,412

kinabalu said:

Chris said:

Scott_xP said:

@nicholaswatt

Oh Ri-ishi Sunak ...
    He was remarkable confident at PMQs today - maybe even relieved at what looks like a very sensible decision
    He's believing the internal polling
  • Options
    edited May 22
    Leon said:

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

*brave*

He doesn’t exist. You’re just desperate to make the story (at least partly) about you. As usual.
  • Options
    @maitlis

It’s on ! July 4th. Just had this from 3 people in last minute.
  • Options
    Heathener said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

Did he predict Brexit?

I mean, lovely. But you posted his information about an hour after everyone else was already talking about the rumour on here.
    Jeez. Tough gig: tough crowd

I'm just noting what a friend said, and he is often weridly correct: it seems he even got the timing right (5pm), tho we don't quite know yet

PB is a place where we swap rumours, it's what we do. This was a rumour from an intriguing source. Is all

Right, now I have to organise another trip to Italy. The Gazette is so impressed by my enthusiastic descriptions of Taranto and Altamura they are sending me back there, on assignment. Yay!

• Options

Scott_xP said:

@Savanta_UK
    @Telegraph

📈17pt Labour lead

🌹Lab 43 (=)
    🌳Con 26 (+1)
    🔶LD 10 (-2)
    ➡️Reform 9 (-1)
    🌍Green 5 (+1)
    🎗️SNP 3 (=)
    ⬜️Other 4 (=)

(chg 10-12 May)

SNPs worst nightmare about to happen maybe

A July GE
  • Options
    Has Paula Vennells really admitted she lied to a select committee?

Good grief.

I mean, we all knew she did but I'm surprised she admitted it.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Heathener said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

Did he predict Brexit?

I'm just noting what a friend said, and he is often weridly correct: it seems he even got the timing right (5pm), tho we don't quite know yet

PB is a place where we swap rumours, it's what we do. This was a rumour from an intriguing source. Is all

Right, now I have to organise another trip to Italy. The Gazette is so impressed by my enthusiastic descriptions of Taranto and Altamura they are sending me back there, on assignment. Yay!

Still dodging the bet I see, even after you brought it up?
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 59,415
    Yeh!! Now all green on date market for me.

• Options
    Sunak so wants to be American he choses July 4 for the election :grimace:
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

kinabalu said:

Chris said:

Scott_xP said:

@nicholaswatt

Oh Ri-ishi Sunak ...
    Starmer might prove as inept a campaigner as May.

But it's hard to see Sunak magically becoming as effective at campaigning as Corbyn.
    I think Starmer will be pretty effective actually.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,419
    Sensible move by Rishi if true. The psychological pressure is now all on Sir Keir. Don't screw this up, don't screw this up, don't screw this up...
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 64,618
    CatMan said:

Scott_xP said:

@Peston

Not just that

@UKHouseofLords
    🚭Tobacco and Vapes Bill
    ⚖️Crime and Justice Bill
    🔨Sentencing Bill

Either these Bills are lost, or scrutiny is heavily scaled back, if election is imminent.
    "

All these bills are lost, like tears in rain..
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 12,037
    Leon said:

Heathener said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

Did he predict Brexit?

“weirdly correct”. This is hardly one for the X-Files if he’s got political connections. They’d have told him. As you implied.
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 4,181
    So what happens when Mr G Brady's postbox starts overflowing this afternoon?
  • Options

Yeh!! Now all green on date market for me.

I'm up in the three months version and down in the exact month, but net is a green... Go Rishi (in both senses...)
  • Options
    @LadPolitics
    How many seats will the Conservatives win at the next General Election?

0-49 - 8/1
    50-99 - 11/4
    100-149 - 7/4
    150-199 - 3/1
    200-249 - 7/1
    250-299 - 14/1
    300-349 - 33/1
    350-399 - 100/1
    400+ - 100/1
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 24,425
    edited May 22
    ydoethur said:

Good grief.

She's probably heard the GE rumours and it's a good day to bury bad news. Wait till you hear what she did to Shergar,
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

CatMan said:

Scott_xP said:

@Peston

Not just that

@UKHouseofLords
    🚭Tobacco and Vapes Bill
    ⚖️Crime and Justice Bill
    🔨Sentencing Bill

"

Always thought that 'like tears in the rain' would have worked better.
  • Options
    CatMan said:

Sunak so wants to be American he choses July 4 for the election :grimace:

"Make July 4th our independence day from the ECHR!"
  • Options
    @YouGov
    Rishi Sunak's -51 net favourability rating is his joint lowest to date (with Jan)

Rishi Sunak
    Favourable: 20% (-2 from 12-14 Apr)
    Unfavourable: 71% (+2)

Keir Starmer
    Favourable: 34% (+1)
    Unfavourable: 51% (-2)
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@Savanta_UK
    @Telegraph

📈17pt Labour lead

🌹Lab 43 (=)
    🌳Con 26 (+1)
    🔶LD 10 (-2)
    ➡️Reform 9 (-1)
    🌍Green 5 (+1)
    🎗️SNP 3 (=)
    ⬜️Other 4 (=)

(chg 10-12 May)

As long as the combined Tory/RefUK share is within 10% of Labour's I would be a tiny bit nervous if I was a supporter of the latter.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Good grief.

Maybe Sunak is hoping she'll distract everyone from noticing the General Election ?
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,760
    edited May 22
    Dura_Ace said:

Andy_JS said:

Old Spice in tribute to the aged chuffs who get off on her matronly charms.
  • Options
    edited May 22
    Heathener said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

Did he predict Brexit?

Yes, not to be churlish but it would have been nice to have got that 'tip' before it went 1.2 on Betfair.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Good grief.

She's probably hear the GE rumours and it's a good day to bury bad news. Wait till you hear what she did to Shergar,
    She sounded horse.
  • Options
    @montie
    Nick is 🎯
    I know of three MPs submitting no confidence votes to stop an elxn.
    MMMAAAAADDDDD
  • Options
    Which biscuits for a Cabinet meeting to kick off an election campaign?

Could be one of your last chances to avail of the Downing Street catering, so presumably you go straight for the fancy chocolate chip cookies?
  • Options
    edited May 22

ydoethur said:

Good grief.

She's probably heard the GE rumours and it's a good day to bury bad news. Wait till you hear what she did to Shergar,
    Did Jo Moore change her identity?

• Options
    IanB2 said:

Leon said:

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

*brave*

He doesn’t exist. You’re just desperate to make the story (at least partly) about you. As usual.
    Here you go, dummy

• Options

Nigelb said:

CatMan said:

Scott_xP said:

@Peston

Not just that

@UKHouseofLords
    🚭Tobacco and Vapes Bill
    ⚖️Crime and Justice Bill
    🔨Sentencing Bill

"

Always thought that 'like tears in the rain' would have worked better.
    No, that sounds like pop song lyrics.
    Rutger's version is just better.
  • Options
    MightyAlexMightyAlex Posts: 1,523
    edited May 22
    July seems mad. Thought it would be in January to give them more time to ban young people.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Good grief.

Did Jo Moore change her identity?

Thing is, she was right.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 21,191
    Last time we had a general election in July was... 1945 right?

Kind of ended sub-optimal for the Tories, that one... ;)
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@montie
    Nick is 🎯
    MMMAAAAADDDDD

Who cares about these mps - the country needs an election
  • Options
    @christiancalgie

CCHQ has just uploaded the two free post templates for a GE to the party’s online toolkit, one keen-eyed activist spots...
  • Options
    AramintaMoonbeamQCAramintaMoonbeamQC Posts: 3,773

Scott_xP said:

@Savanta_UK
    @Telegraph

📈17pt Labour lead

🌹Lab 43 (=)
    🌳Con 26 (+1)
    🔶LD 10 (-2)
    ➡️Reform 9 (-1)
    🌍Green 5 (+1)
    🎗️SNP 3 (=)
    ⬜️Other 4 (=)

(chg 10-12 May)

A July GE
    Banter timetline here would involve more Operation Branchform charges.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 59,415
    Scott_xP said:

@montie
    Nick is 🎯
    MMMAAAAADDDDD

That is mad. As long as he gets to the Palace before Graham Brady gets a full postbag and starts the process with 1922 Sunak is PM and the advice to dissolve has to be followed.
  • Options
    "Labour faces series of crises if elected, internal dossier warns"

https://www.ft.com/content/b95976ff-d861-4baf-a168-fd262b4e2f95
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 3,004
    edited May 22
    Ah - will have to book the 5th July off to watch the inevitable bloodbath..

I just think it’s all utterly bonkers. But then again, this is Sunak. Like throwing them to the lions
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,308
    IanB2 said:

Leon said:

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

*brave*

I've got a girlfriend but you wouldn't know her. She goes to a different school.
  • Options
    edited May 22

Scott_xP said:

@Savanta_UK
    @Telegraph

📈17pt Labour lead

🌹Lab 43 (=)
    🌳Con 26 (+1)
    🔶LD 10 (-2)
    ➡️Reform 9 (-1)
    🌍Green 5 (+1)
    🎗️SNP 3 (=)
    ⬜️Other 4 (=)

(chg 10-12 May)

A July GE
    Banter timetline here would involve more Operation Branchform charges.
    Glen Sannox might sink in her sea trials.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 21,191
    Andy_JS said:

"Labour faces series of crises if elected, internal dossier warns"

https://www.ft.com/content/b95976ff-d861-4baf-a168-fd262b4e2f95

Well yeah, who knew, lol! 😂
  • Options
    Leon said:

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

*brave*

Here you go, dummy

Actually, looking at the timing it seems my friend told me this before 1pm. Sorry: if I'd handed on the rumour earlier you could all have made money?
  • Options
    Did *anyone* have July in the PB Prediction Competition?
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Although they returned to power 5 years later. Might not be so quick this time around.
  • Options
    edited May 22
    Leon said:

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

*brave*

Here you go, dummy

More BS
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

Although they returned to power 5 years later. Might not be so quick this time around.
    Six years, three months later, actually.
  • Options

Leon said:

Heathener said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

Did he predict Brexit?

Still dodging the bet I see, even after you brought it up?
    Go fuck yourself. Seriously. Your attitude to this is.... ugh

20 million dead and you think it's all funny
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

The Tories lost 189 seats in 1945. An identical result this time would see them reduced to 176 seats.
  • Options
    @lewis_goodall

I understand a large venue where a big election count takes place has this afternoon received a block booking from the government for 4th/5th July…
  • Options
    StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 15,378

Scott_xP said:

@montie
    Nick is 🎯
    MMMAAAAADDDDD

That is mad. As long as he gets to the Palace before Graham Brady gets a full postbag and starts the process with 1922 Sunak is PM and the advice to dissolve has to be followed.
    Sounds like the plot of a heartwarming caper movie as Graham Brady races across London to stop Rishi meeting the King.
This discussion has been closed.