Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The July 20th by-elections – latest betting – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,737
edited July 2023 in General
imageThe July 20th by-elections – latest betting – politicalbetting.com

As can be seen the money is going on the LDs to take Mid Bedfordshire and Somerton with LAB the easy winners in BoJo’s old seat of Uxbridge.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,959
    Is Mike on holiday again (wondering just how bad the Russian coup is going to get) ? 😂
  • Options

eek said:

MaxPB said:

Sean_F said:

I can't believe the government would be so stupid as to freeze public sector pay (well maybe I could) next year. Their employees would not stand for it, and nor should they stand for it.

Indeed, instead of a wage freeze the government needs to look at mass layoffs in order to increase pay. The public sector is unproductive and a major reason for it is that it is completely bloated. Sacking 20% of public sector employees would free up labour supply in the private sector, enable pay rises for the remaining 80% and allow for a big reduction in spending. I doubt anyone would notice either if the cuts were made among the army of do nothing paper shufflers.
    Nice try, but no.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/audio-video/key-facts-figures-nhs

NHS admin is about 2 percent of the whole budget.

NHS managers are about 3 percent of the workforce.

Even if you think those numbers are too narrowly drawn, the idea that there are 20% easy cuts is for the birds. As well as pretty insulting to all the people who have made Sophie's Choice cuts rather than harvest all this supposed low hanging fruit.
    The public sector has been subjected to real cuts now for 13 years. There really is nothing anywhere left to cut.

You can always find somewhere to cut — maybe the hereditary Lords? — but, yes, indeed. It is an incoherent fantasy that the public sector can be repeatedly cut back without the loss of public services.
    Indeed, and the loss of some 'public services' is what we should welcome.

The Government needs to pick some things it currently asks public sector employees to do, which its no longer going to ask them to do. At that point you can have cuts. I have my own ideas, I'm sure others have others.

Simply saying "cuts" without actually cutting anything isn't going to work though.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,139
    This seems about right still. Selby looking tougher to hold in present circumstances even versus when it was first called.

I know there was that bad interview for the LD candidate in Somerton, but that sort of thing is survivable.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,054
    Kadyrov remains behind Putin. Mentions sending forces out too. If Prigozhin has ruF ahead and the Chechens behind I think he won't succeed.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Is Mike on holiday again (wondering just how bad the Russian coup is going to get) ? 😂

A bad coup is one that is going to be put down overnight like Turkey 2016.

I'm wondering how good the coup is going to get. 😂
  • Options
    CorrectHorseBatCorrectHorseBat Posts: 1,761
    10K in this morning
  • Options
    Putin last year: Ukraine's army should lay down its weapons and greet Russian forces as liberators

Putin today: the prisoners I pardoned so they could join my former caterer's militia should please stop participating in his armed uprising against my defense ministry

For those of you new to this media environment. The main sources of info are an army that lies about everything; a warlord who owns an infamous troll factory and lied about it for years; and the Kremlin. And Russia destroyed the media, so there aren't any good independent sources

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1672528720261677056?cxt=HHwWgICw_c6AgrYuAAAA
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,193
    edited June 2023
    deleted
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Wagner just shot down a Russian AN-26 military transport plane...
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,562
    Pulpstar said:

Kadyrov remains behind Putin. Mentions sending forces out too. If Prigozhin has ruF ahead and the Chechens behind I think he won't succeed.

They’re 100% behind the leaders until they aren’t.

Unless we see actual military efforts taking place to properly impede Wagner then no-one is resisting them currently.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,663

Two of them, or Vanilla doing what it does best?
  • Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,839

10K in this morning

Is this a fake bet or a fake run?
  • Options

Regardless of who wins this coup, scorpions taking out other scorpions means fewer scorpions to fight Ukrainians ...
  • Options
    Wasn't Wagner pretty darn small as an operating force until last year, with the mass recruitment from prisons and the like? How many are committed to being a personal army I wonder (mercenary force seems a bit off as a descriptor).
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

A ripple in the Vanilla....
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@MikeGapes
    Have Corbyn and his friends called on both sides to Stop the War in Russia yet ?

And to think, if only NATO hadn't meddled none of this would be happening. Why couldn't NATO just force Ukraine to join the Russian sphere prior to the invasion, or let them be conquered, then the people of Rostov would be in peace right now.
  • Options
    boulayboulay Posts: 4,162

ydoethur said:

A ripple in the Vanilla....
    A raspberry ripple?
  • Options
    MiklosvarMiklosvar Posts: 1,855

GIN1138 said:

If Wagner takes over in Ukraine its watchword will be: No more Mr Nice Guy. Careful what you wish for.
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited June 2023

This sounds less good. A palace coup with a Wagner-installed puppet would be better than a civil war.

Where was this reported as happening ? If it was in or around Ukraine rather than South of Moscow it might be less notable.
  • Options
    Miklosvar said:

GIN1138 said:

If Wagner takes over in Ukraine its watchword will be: No more Mr Nice Guy. Careful what you wish for.
    I'm just praying for as much damage to the Russian state as possible without nukes getting messed around with.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,150
    edited June 2023

GIN1138 said:

It’s being led by the competent part of the Russian “Army” (I.e. Wagner) - so I give it a lot better chance than Turkey..
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,161
    Miklosvar said:

GIN1138 said:

Right, because a perfect description of the war so far has been "Mr Nice Guy".
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,591
    Very small crowd floating about in front of the Caird Hall this morning for the SNP conference. A couple of people there with Union Jacks trying to wind them up but the SNiPs look like they can’t be bothered.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,364
    Miklosvar said:

GIN1138 said:

No, because whoever is in charge faces the same constraints, and Prigozhin has already demolished the rationale for the war.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Very small crowd floating about in front of the Caird Hall this morning for the SNP conference. A couple of people there with Union Jacks trying to wind them up but the SNiPs look like they can’t be bothered.

Conference? Isn't this a strange time of year for a conference?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

There are definitely large parts of the Russian elite that are fed up with Kadyrov, so him backing Putin might tempt them to jump the other way.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,489
    Chechen leader says forces ready to help Putin
  • Options

Carnyx said:

Lol, Kemi whining about ‘disinformation’ after literally mentioning a ‘pupil who identifies as a cat’ in her letter to OFSTED. Who’s disinforming who?

https://twitter.com/mrjohnnicolson/status/1672511202688221184?s=61&t=LYVEHh2mqFy1oUJAdCfe-Q

I like Mr Nicholson's suggestion she's adopted the dead cat strategy. Rather apt.
    It's not a spoof story. A teacher called a child despicable and suggested they go to a different school because they had a binary view on sex. The cat element is a red herring.
    Quite so.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,439
    DavidL said:

I hope you and your pal with the UJs didn’t have too much of the piss ripped out of you.
  • Options
    Farooq said:

DavidL said:

Delayed from March.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,266
    DavidL said:

will be free tickets being handed out by now to try and make it a bit less embarrassing. They should have gone for backroom of a pub given their last turnout in a massive hall. The glory days are gone for this bunch of grifters, down to delusions of grandeur now. We need a coup in Scotland.
  • Options
    Farooq said:

DavidL said:

It’s not an ‘SNP’ conference per se but a convention on independence.
  • Options

Chechen leader says forces ready to help Putin

Say what you like about Kadyrov, and if you're Chechen you can't, but he knows who his daddy is.

• Options

Miklosvar said:

GIN1138 said:

I doubt it. I think Wagner want out of Ukraine, they don't want to be fighting Western-backed troops, they want to fight people they can bully.

Interesting that Prigozhin has basically called out the war in Ukraine as unnecessary, undermined the case for it and said that it was all Shoigu's fault the war started. That doesn't sound like someone in a hurry to get back to having his men killed in Ukraine again. See analysis at 9:11am here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-66006142
    Yep, this fundamentally isn’t starting over a spat between personalities. It’s someone trying to draw the line under the Ukraine misadventure.

That’s not suggesting Prigozhin is a hero or a nice man. The world will not be especially safe with him and his buddies in charge. But it will mark a change in Ukraine.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

DavidL said:

will be free tickets being handed out by now to try and make it a bit less embarrassing. They should have gone for backroom of a pub given their last turnout in a massive hall. The glory days are gone for this bunch of grifters, down to delusions of grandeur now. We need a coup in Scotland.
    ok HYUFD
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,685

Phillips P. OBrien
    @PhillipsPOBrien
    ·
    40m
    Replying to
    @PhillipsPOBrien
    To understand what Prigozhin has done in seizing control of Rostov and Voronezh, think of him as the Royal Navy in the Mediterranean in 1800, and the Russian army in Ukraine is Napoleon’s army in Egypt.

Phillips P. OBrien
    @PhillipsPOBrien
    ·
    35m
    Replying to
    @PhillipsPOBrien
    In other words, the Russian army can’t function if Prigozhin won’t let it, it needs the supply routes working. Napoleon won all the battles in Egypt but had to pull out because he could not keep the supply routes open
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Farooq said:

DavidL said:

Delayed from March.
    How it can be called a conference is a laugh, some clowns stating they have no clue other than begging Wm and much prefer to stay on the gravy train that actually try to get anywhere, then a collection tin at the door to help with the legal bills incoming. Assuming their are still some idiots who would trust them with as much as a brass farthing.
  • Options

Farooq said:

DavidL said:

It’s not an ‘SNP’ conference per se but a convention on independence.
    A gathering of the (camper) vans?
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,740
    Re: Russia

How bad could this get?
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,591
    Farooq said:

DavidL said:

They are discussing their new improved plan for independence….which sounds very much like the old plan. See Wings for details ( for the tiny handful still interested).
  • Options
    Ran 10K this morning, my longest run in a year. Not too hot.
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,161
    ping said:

How bad could this get?

Two rival groups of gangster/nutcases, angry at both each other and the rest of the world, each controlling part of the former Soviet nuclear arsenal. The bad outcomes are pretty bad.
  • Options
    Any word from Shoigu?
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    That shoot-down sounds more worrying, if that's right, because as i understand it Voronezh is nearer Moscow than Ukraine.

Let's hope for a more peaceful transfer of power, because in a country as vast and well-armed as Russia, even with thugs like Progozhin, that would be preferable.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    ping said:

How bad could this get?

Well I guess the 2 worst case scenarios are 1) Putin consolidates his power but at the expense of any trust he has for any followers and his own sanity and goes cuckoo-nuts with the nuke button or 2) nuclear civil war in Russia with potential to spill out into a wider conflagration. But we’re not anywhere near either of those yet.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,685
    kle4 said:

Any word from Shoigu?

"Everything is fine and our glorious and well-armed military continue to make fantastic gains in Ukraine."
  • Options

Another 10k, or the one you told us about earlier?
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

kle4 said:

Farooq said:

DavidL said:

Delayed from March.
    How it can be called a conference is a laugh, some clowns stating they have no clue other than begging Wm and much prefer to stay on the gravy train that actually try to get anywhere, then a collection tin at the door to help with the legal bills incoming. Assuming their are still some idiots who would trust them with as much as a brass farthing.
    I for one heartedly endorse the conference then.
  • Options

That shoot-down sounds more worrying, if that's right, because as i understand it Voronezh is nearer Moscow than Ukraine.

Let's hope for a more peaceful transfer of power, because in a country as vast and well-armed as Russia, even with thugs like Progozhin, that would be preferable.

A transfer of power is ideal yes, but a few dead scorpions along the way isn't the worst thing in the world to undermine any potential for continued war effort afterwards.

Especially if its valuable military hardware that is destroyed, with no dead Ukrainians on either side of the conflict.
  • Options
    edited June 2023

A transfer of power is ideal yes, but a few dead scorpions along the way isn't the worst thing in the world to undermine any potential for continued war effort afterwards.

Especially if its valuable military hardware that is destroyed, with no dead Ukrainians on either side of the conflict.
    It depends, though, because the dynamics of these thing can be very hard to control once they get underway.

It could be either a very quick palace coup, or a long and bloody civil conflict. To be honest I think those two options are the most likely.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,078
    Looking positively.
    (I'm so perky I get on my own nerves).
    This is the beginning of the end of the War in Ukraine I think.
    It may be the start of one in Russia, mind.
  • Options
    @wartranslated
    ❗️Prigozhin audio message 10:19AM BST - "no one will surrender to the demands of the President":

"Regarding the betrayal of the Motherland, the President is deeply mistaken. We’re patriots of our Motherland. We fought and we are fighting, all fighters of PMC Wagner. And no one is going to surrender to the demands of the President, FSB, or anyone else. Because we don’t want the country to live further in corruption lies, and bureaucracy.

When we fought in Africa, we were told that we needed Africa, and then they dumped it, because they stole all the money that was meant to come for help.

When we were told we are fighting with Ukraine, we went and fought. But it turned out that the ammo, weapons, all money put towards this were also being stolen, while officials are sitting and saving them for themselves for an incident that happened today, when someone is going towards Moscow."

Now they are not saving anything, they are striking us with planes and helicopters at the columns with civilians. And they hit civilians because they’re missing. And they hit anywhere they can.

Thus, we are the patriots, but those resisting us today are those who gathered around scumbags.

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1672536701997072384
  • Options

Miklosvar said:

GIN1138 said:

Um, that was my point. It could easily get even worse.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 63,362
    ping said:

How bad could this get?

As bad as you can imagine.
    At the moment, anything is possible - apart from a transition to democracy.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 63,362
    If you're curious how Wagner are managing to down VKS assets, here you go; a Pantsir-S(1), w/ the acquisition radar of the 72V6-series combat vehicle active. Can also see a Strela-10 TELAR, although doesn't look like it's being used.

Plus tanks, technicals, supply trucks, etc.

https://twitter.com/CalibreObscura/status/1672534220122599424
  • Options
    CiceroCicero Posts: 2,327
    Miklosvar said:

Miklosvar said:

GIN1138 said:

Well, shoot a dictator from time to time "to encourage the others"
  • Options

@wartranslated
    ❗️Prigozhin audio message 10:19AM BST - "no one will surrender to the demands of the President":

"Regarding the betrayal of the Motherland, the President is deeply mistaken. We’re patriots of our Motherland. We fought and we are fighting, all fighters of PMC Wagner. And no one is going to surrender to the demands of the President, FSB, or anyone else. Because we don’t want the country to live further in corruption lies, and bureaucracy.

When we fought in Africa, we were told that we needed Africa, and then they dumped it, because they stole all the money that was meant to come for help.

When we were told we are fighting with Ukraine, we went and fought. But it turned out that the ammo, weapons, all money put towards this were also being stolen, while officials are sitting and saving them for themselves for an incident that happened today, when someone is going towards Moscow."

Now they are not saving anything, they are striking us with planes and helicopters at the columns with civilians. And they hit civilians because they’re missing. And they hit anywhere they can.

Thus, we are the patriots, but those resisting us today are those who gathered around scumbags.

Yep, he’s gone full-coup.
  • Options

It depends, though, because the dynamics of these thing can be very hard to control once they get underway.

It could be either a very quick palace coup, or a long and bloody civil conflict. To be honest I think those two options are the most likely.
    Win/win either way then.

A quick palace coup is great, get rid of Putin.

A long and bloody civil conflict is great. Russians fighting Russians is infinitely better than Russians fighting Ukrainians.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,978
    GIN1138 said:

Actually this explains the Russian trolls

They aren’t here to convince us that Woke Trans Gay NATO is a threat to our Vital Essence.

They are here to get timing information as to when Russia should launch the Next Big Stupidity.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,085
    Will the Belorussians fighting in Ukraine return to their homeland?
  • Options

@wartranslated

Putin talked about the Fatherland - different translation choices or do Russians use both Fatherland and Motherland?
  • Options

Win/win either way then.

A long and bloody civil conflict is great. Russians fighting Russians is infinitely better than Russians fighting Ukrainians.
    But there's also the matter of nuclear weapons.

And also big conventional forces. They may be full out of date equipment, but there's tons of them.
  • Options

@wartranslated

One correspondent was saying it should all be over by Monday. I think we can hope it lasts just a bit longer than that.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@rogerlwhite
    Is it true that leader of the Albagner Group Alex (Russia Today) Salmond is marching with his forces on Dundee today to topple the leader of the Scottish government, hunkered down with his loyal followers in the Caird Hall?

This actually is the Caird Hall in a previous incarnation.
    Rumours of the Albanians in any way matching the murderous efficiency of the Wagner Group are much exaggerated

• Options
    ping said:

How bad could this get?

Putin falls.

Boris Johnson rides a tidal wave of “I fucking told you” back to No 10….

That’s the 10/10

At 9 we have Global Nuclear War
    At 8…
  • Options
    TheshardTheshard Posts: 50

Win/win either way then.

Really i think you guys are getting too excited by this. I imagine this will all be over by the end of the weekend.
  • Options

Another 10k, or the one you told us about earlier?
    Same one as earlier
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@rogerlwhite
    Is it true that leader of the Albagner Group Alex (Russia Today) Salmond is marching with his forces on Dundee today to topple the leader of the Scottish government, hunkered down with his loyal followers in the Caird Hall?

Trying to be funny from a foreign country does not work sunshine. Hope you have a day job given youar eabout as funny as a hole in the head.
  • Options
    Cicero said:

Miklosvar said:

Miklosvar said:

GIN1138 said:

Well, shoot a dictator from time to time "to encourage the others"
    Genuinely might be true - too many dictatorial regimes are unfortunately stable. Dictators live in constant fear of losing their power - that's the nature of the game - but few seem to face serious actual threat, so perhaps they are getting a bit comfortable.
  • Options

Win/win either way then.

And also big conventional forces. They may be full out of date equipment, but there's tons of them.
    Useless though, they would struggle to beat a carpet.
  • Options
    Theshard said:

Win/win either way then.

Really i think you guys are getting too excited by this. I imagine this will all be over by the end of the weekend.
    Ah, so a military mutiny is of no consequence so long as it is over quickly, right. If 20k Ukrainian troops rose up against the military high command that would be of no consequence too?

No need to answer.
  • Options
    Theshard said:

Win/win either way then.

Welcome. The Questions -

1) is pineapple on pizza a war crime?
    2) an airliner crashes on the Ukraine/Republic of China border. On which side do you bury the survivors?
    3) which is more legendary - @TSE’s modesty or the quietness of his taste in shoes?
  • Options
    Oh great Malcomg is back, what a waste of space
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    kle4 said:

@wartranslated

Putin talked about the Fatherland - different translation choices or do Russians use both Fatherland and Motherland?
    Yes they do use both: otechestvo vs rodina.
  • Options
    TimSTimS Posts: 10,057

ping said:

How bad could this get?

Two rival groups of gangster/nutcases, angry at both each other and the rest of the world, each controlling part of the former Soviet nuclear arsenal. The bad outcomes are pretty bad.
    Bad for Russia yes. Bad for the rest of us? Not so much. I’d rather have them pointing nukes at each other than at Ukraine.

Some useful tips for Trump if he loses in 2024. To quote crocodile Dundee, “mate, that ain’t a coup. This is a coup”. GOP should start hiring convicts into a private militia.
  • Options

Win/win either way then.

Oh big frigging deal about nuclear weapons, so what? That's all apologists for Russia every bring up, nukes, nukes, nukes. Yes, many nations have nukes, including us, so they're not going to be used against the West as we'd destroy them if they did.

Conventional forces - yes they have these. So if they're using them on each other that's better than using them on Ukrainians.

Either way, a civil war or coup is better than Putin continuing as a dictator invading other nations.
  • Options

kle4 said:

@wartranslated

Yes they do use both: otechestvo vs rodina.
    Interesting. I had no idea Russia as a state was so open to gender fluidity.
  • Options
    TheshardTheshard Posts: 50
    This fron Will Schryver. Please guys dont get too excited.

Well that was the most lame attempt at a coup d'etat I've ever seen. A couple old tanks and a couple dozen trucks carrying a couple hundred disheveled "soldiers" in ill-fitting uniforms. The modest parade was escorted by Rosgvardia into Rostov; Prigozhin pretended to "occupy" the city, then he had a chat with a couple generals, after which he and his motley group of "insurrectionists" drove away again. Now Putin says they're all in VERY big trouble and will be dealt with promptly and harshly. That's it, folks. Show's over. We will now resume the war where we left off a few hours ago.

8:44 AM · Jun 24, 2023

·

https://twitter.com/imetatronink/status/1672510901256171520?s=20
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,539

@wartranslated

Amazing how career paths can develop. He used to be a chef.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,663
    edited June 2023
    Theshard said:

Win/win either way then.

You think Putin’s in so much trouble he won’t make it to Monday? :hushed:
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,198
    kle4 said:

@wartranslated

Afaik it's always been "mother Russia"

• Options

Win/win either way then.

The more chaos, the more chance of them rotting in their siloes unmaintained. And the more chances of Western intelligence penetration too.

As has been commented up thread, better the devil you don’t know.
  • Options

Oh great Malcomg is back, what a waste of space

Dumbo opines
  • Options
    Theshard said:

Win/win either way then.

Ah we've been expecting you.

What's going to be over by the end of the weekend? Putin's regime?
  • Options
    FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 3,983
    Theshard said:

Win/win either way then.

Can you give us any pointers as to the outcome?

The highway of death on the M4 or Swan Lake?
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,759
    kle4 said:

Carnyx said:

Lol, Kemi whining about ‘disinformation’ after literally mentioning a ‘pupil who identifies as a cat’ in her letter to OFSTED. Who’s disinforming who?

https://twitter.com/mrjohnnicolson/status/1672511202688221184?s=61&t=LYVEHh2mqFy1oUJAdCfe-Q

I like Mr Nicholson's suggestion she's adopted the dead cat strategy. Rather apt.
    It's not a spoof story. A teacher called a child despicable and suggested they go to a different school because they had a binary view on sex. The cat element is a red herring.
    Quite so.
    Don't tell us; tell Kemi. She's the one who mentioned the cat.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Theshard said:

Win/win either way then.

Is the shard our latest Saturday visitor? Tough gig this morning. Still, good use of google to check out London landmarks for a user name.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,818
    GIN1138 said:

I’m on holiday since yesterday until the start of July.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    kinabalu said:

@wartranslated

Amazing how career paths can develop. He used to be a chef.
    Well, before that he was a violent criminal thug, so it is more of returning full circle, just grander in scale.
  • Options
    Theshard said:

Well that was the most lame attempt at a coup d'etat I've ever seen. A couple old tanks and a couple dozen trucks carrying a couple hundred disheveled "soldiers" in ill-fitting uniforms. The modest parade was escorted by Rosgvardia into Rostov; Prigozhin pretended to "occupy" the city, then he had a chat with a couple generals, after which he and his motley group of "insurrectionists" drove away again. Now Putin says they're all in VERY big trouble and will be dealt with promptly and harshly. That's it, folks. Show's over. We will now resume the war where we left off a few hours ago.

·

A couple old tanks and a couple dozen trucks carrying a couple hundred disheveled "soldiers" in ill-fitting uniforms.

But I thought this was Russia's most feared division.... oh wait, sorry, I thought there was a contradiction for a moment but there isn't.
  • Options
    Theshard said:

·

After a failed insurrection, tovarischsch, the insurrectionists do not generally get to "drive away again."
  • Options
    TimS said:

ydoethur said:

Theshard said:

Win/win either way then.

Is the shard our latest Saturday visitor? Tough gig this morning. Still, good use of google to check out London landmarks for a user name.
    Yes but starting with Will Schryver as a "source"?

They've clearly not sent us their best operator this weekend.
This discussion has been closed.