Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Why Boris might not be the answer for the Tories – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,248
    edited November 2022
    Pure Corbynite delusion.

"I would reject the idea that what has happened in the economy are as a result of the actions that Liz took," says the uber-loyal Truss supporter Simon Clarke.

https://twitter.com/KevinASchofield/status/1591735592882143232
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,835
    edited November 2022
    Ooh, that changes things, key wicket for Pakistan. England now 1.5 to make the runs.
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,571
    kjh said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

kamski said:

No surprise that PB's pub bore posts moronic shit like this:

"About two centuries before the British took India, the racist supremacist Muslim Mughals took India, and built pyramids out of skulls. The Mughals were far far worse than the British. By some estimates they killed 40-80 million Indians. Others go higher"

but slightly surprised that only Sunil objected

The figures Leon gave were not wrong

https://trunicle.com/worlds-biggest-holocaust-islamic-invaders-killed-more-than-80-million-hindus-in-india/
    This is how the site you link to describes itself (these are the site's own words) -

Truncile.com, owned by Trunicle India Pvt. Ltd., derived from True Chronicles, is a pro nationalist opinion and news portal, launched in July 2020. Trunicle focuses on topics that are related to India policy, governance and current affairs. It also focuses on publishing positive & development oriented articles for youth who today struggle to find relevant material online. Trunicle does this by empowering individuals to come and raise their voice for what is RIGHT.
    (emphasis mine)

https://trunicle.com/about-us/
    The figures come from work by the Indian historian Professor KS Lal

https://www.firstpost.com/opinion-news-expert-views-news-analysis-firstpost-viewpoint/whitewashing-genocides-and-history-phobia-why-ks-lals-claims-of-80-mn-hindus-killed-by-islamic-barbarism-hold-water-11618501.html
    Umm. And have you read about what he wrote in later life, which is discredited.
    @hyufd. Just to add to my post - You wouldn't quote David Irving, would you, about the Holocaust so it is worth checking what and who you are quoting. Just because it is on the internet, it doesn't make it correct. Something I have mentioned to you a few times. Leon should bear that in mind also.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,491
    DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

malcolmg said:

Bollocks:

‘Guidance for Scotland’s biggest health board also says that any woman who complains about a transwoman sharing their ward should be advised that “the ward is indeed female-only and that there are no men present”.’

https://twitter.com/kathmurray1/status/1591708311153524737

Unbelievable, Sturgeon and her cohorts have a lot to answer for.
    It’s already led to cases like this in the NHS (location not disclosed):

A patient who was raped by a transgender woman on a hospital ward could not have been raped because her attacker is defined as a woman, heard the House of Lords.

Police were told by hospital staff that the reported incident was not true, telling officers: "There was no male in the hospital, therefore the rape could not have happened."

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/politics/hospital-says-patient-could-not-26506744

Does the Scottish government think that gaslighting rape victims is the new progressive future?
    It's just ignorance. Our sexual offences legislation is gender neutral and there is no reason why a woman with a penis could not be found guilty of rape.
    That is my understanding too.

Quite why such a serious sexual assault was not taken seriously by hospital staff is unclear. It doesn't matter what gender or sex the attacker and victim were, a sexual assault is a sexual assault.

• Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 46,712
    Need a boundary
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

malcolmg said:

Bollocks:

‘Guidance for Scotland’s biggest health board also says that any woman who complains about a transwoman sharing their ward should be advised that “the ward is indeed female-only and that there are no men present”.’

A patient who was raped by a transgender woman on a hospital ward could not have been raped because her attacker is defined as a woman, heard the House of Lords.

Police were told by hospital staff that the reported incident was not true, telling officers: "There was no male in the hospital, therefore the rape could not have happened."

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/politics/hospital-says-patient-could-not-26506744

Does the Scottish government think that gaslighting rape victims is the new progressive future?
    It's just ignorance. Our sexual offences legislation is gender neutral and there is no reason why a woman with a penis could not be found guilty of rape.
    Its not just ignorance. Its also a safeguarding issue as to why a single-sex area had anyone with a penis in it?
  • Options
    RRR down to a run a ball. 61 from 61 required.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095
    Result today
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,935
    kjh said:

kjh said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

kamski said:

"About two centuries before the British took India, the racist supremacist Muslim Mughals took India, and built pyramids out of skulls. The Mughals were far far worse than the British. By some estimates they killed 40-80 million Indians. Others go higher"

https://trunicle.com/worlds-biggest-holocaust-islamic-invaders-killed-more-than-80-million-hindus-in-india/
    This is how the site you link to describes itself (these are the site's own words) -

Truncile.com, owned by Trunicle India Pvt. Ltd., derived from True Chronicles, is a pro nationalist opinion and news portal, launched in July 2020. Trunicle focuses on topics that are related to India policy, governance and current affairs. It also focuses on publishing positive & development oriented articles for youth who today struggle to find relevant material online. Trunicle does this by empowering individuals to come and raise their voice for what is RIGHT.
    (emphasis mine)

https://www.firstpost.com/opinion-news-expert-views-news-analysis-firstpost-viewpoint/whitewashing-genocides-and-history-phobia-why-ks-lals-claims-of-80-mn-hindus-killed-by-islamic-barbarism-hold-water-11618501.html
    @hyufd. Just to add to my post - You wouldn't quote David Irving, would you, about the Holocaust so it is worth checking what and who you are quoting. Just because it is on the internet, it doesn't make it correct. Something I have mentioned to you a few times. Leon should bear that in mind also.

Well the vast majority of historians agree the Holocaust happened unlike Irving.

Show me evidence then of historians who disprove Professor Lal's claims? Irving of course was just an author, he did not even have a PhD and certainly was never a Professor unlike Lal
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,570
    edited November 2022
    Foxy said:

DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

malcolmg said:

Bollocks:

It doesn't matter what gender or sex the attacker and victim were, a sexual assault is a sexual assault.
    So keeping people with a penis out of women’s wards would be a good start…

• Options
    edited November 2022
    England 1.11 to make the runs. I’d half forgotten how much fun betting in-play on cricket could be, since Betfair closed my account a couple of years back.
  • Options

Spoke too soon, five dot balls in a row now.
  • Options
    TresTres Posts: 2,208
    edited November 2022
    HYUFD has form for posting anti-vaxx nonsense on this site as part of his never-ending quest to refuse losing an argument.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,570
    edited November 2022
    An illustration of the mess the Scottish Government has got itself into:

The Equality Act just contains one definition of ‘sex’, just contains one definition of ‘woman’, just contains one definition of ‘man’. And the structure of the Act supposes that the same concept applies across the Act, so when it uses ‘sex’ in one section, it means the same thing throughout the Act. Similarly when it says ‘woman’ in one particular provision it means it throughout the Act.

But what the Scottish Ministers are now saying is that sometimes ‘woman’ means a biological woman in the Act, but other times, it means a biological woman plus a biological man who has a GRC. And that’s what worries me most of all about this massive shift in position, is that it’s a prescription for chaos. The Scottish Ministers have abandoned any coherent principle of statutory interpretation. All they have said is, if it doesn’t make sense to us when faced up with the implications of what they’re saying, then with one leap, oh, it’s a Section 9(3) understanding of sex, so biology still applies here. Now, that is not a position which is based on any kind of statutory interpretation. And that’s what we are about here. The law needs to be interpreted in a coherent and consistent fashion, not just for and among lawyers, but for those who have to apply the law.

https://forwomen.scot/12/11/2022/judicial-review-2-substantive-hearing/
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    It’s so noisy in the MCG, that the fielders weren’t sure if he’d hit that.

Definite bucket-list stadium to visit.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,122

Runs are not the issue. Its wickets.
  • Options
    Tres said:

HYUFD has form for posting anti-vaxx nonsense on this site as part of his never-ending quest to refuse losing an argument.

When have I ever posted anti vaxx information? Never so don't lie
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,109
    On topic, if Johnson isn't the answer, then the answer must be Truss. She has bounced back before and it's only a matter of time before the Conservative Party starts to have buyer's remorse about Sunak. Her fearless approach to the problems that faced us was jettisoned far too fast. I still think she will lead the Tories into the next election and win, handsomely at that.
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,930
    Just a quick one for Phil since he's about this morning:

As you know I'm pro bitcoin (for the same reason I'm pro gold - I believe in private, i.e. non state issued money as a means of reining in central banks and infinite money printing). But even I'm shocked at the level of scamminess coming out of the FTX scandal.

For me, if someone builds a giant scam/ponzi on the back of gold, for example ("give me your gold and I'll give you 10% more back next month") it doesn't make gold itself a scam, it's just a scam built on gold... but wowza. FTX. Sam Bankman-Fried looking a lot like the new Elizabeth Holmes, and I honestly don't blame you at this point for saying it's all a giant scam.

For me, the underlying tech isn't a scam, self custody isn't a scam, but the sheer level of f***ery that's now coming out about FTX and some of the other players in the market goes beyond ponzi and into outright theft.

It really is little wonder you believe the whole thing is a scam. As I say, if you build a scam on the back of gold, gold itself isn't a scam. But if 99% of the players in the gold market were scam artists, I think it's a pretty legitimate position to take.
  • Options

Foxy said:

DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

malcolmg said:

Bollocks:

It doesn't matter what gender or sex the attacker and victim were, a sexual assault is a sexual assault.

More that protecting all patients from assaults by other patients would be a good start.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

I was there in 1999 for an ODI, we were absolutely trounced, Australia bowled us out and then won by 9 wickets. http://www.howstat.com/cricket/statistics/Matches/MatchScorecard_ODI.asp?MatchCode=1465

But despite the result it was a great experience anyway. Also though it didn't seem great at the time, it was good in hindsight to have seen McGrath and Warne bowling in their prime. They just seemed unplayable.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,248
    edited November 2022
    HYUFD said:

Tres said:

I remember in September 2021 you posted some utter bollocks about Bill Gates and the vaccine that Robert called you out on and you refused to back down on.
  • Options
    kyf_100 said:

As you know I'm pro bitcoin (for the same reason I'm pro gold - I believe in private, i.e. non state issued money as a means of reining in central banks and infinite money printing). But even I'm shocked at the level of scamminess coming out of the FTX scandal.

For me, if someone builds a giant scam/ponzi on the back of gold, for example ("give me your gold and I'll give you 10% more back next month") it doesn't make gold itself a scam, it's just a scam built on gold... but wowza. FTX. Sam Bankman-Fried looking a lot like the new Elizabeth Holmes, and I honestly don't blame you at this point for saying it's all a giant scam.

For me, the underlying tech isn't a scam, self custody isn't a scam, but the sheer level of f***ery that's now coming out about FTX and some of the other players in the market goes beyond ponzi and into outright theft.

It really is little wonder you believe the whole thing is a scam. As I say, if you build a scam on the back of gold, gold itself isn't a scam. But if 99% of the players in the gold market were scam artists, I think it's a pretty legitimate position to take.

Correct. Bitcoin itself isn’t a scam. What’s important is to have your own wallet address, because almost everyone talking about or dealing in Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies, appear to be somewhat less than totally honest.
  • Options
    Brilliant bowling from Pakistan. We need a boundary!
  • Options
    DavidL said:

RRR is rapidly creeping back up which is putting pressure on the wickets though.

When you only need to turn over a run a ball its a lot simpler, but back up to over 8 per over now.
  • Options
    I am shocked, Man City are using bullshit companies to boost their turnover.

Mark my words within a decade they'll be stripped off all their titles they won under the ADFG.

Thread.

https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1591570024258359296
  • Options

DavidL said:

RRR is rapidly creeping back up which is putting pressure on the wickets though.

When you only need to turn over a run a ball its a lot simpler, but back up to over 8 per over now.
    Two boundaries sorts that. But we have to knock them
  • Options
    kyf_100 said:

Thank you and kudos for you to put your hands up and say that.

Yes, I've said repeatedly that the technology itself certainly could have legitimate uses, but the market that exists atm has been taken over by scammers not the technology.

With that post you and I now seem to be on the exact same page, and I wasn't expecting that so soon. Credit to you for that, its not often people say things like that.
  • Options
    edited November 2022

Sandpit said:

I was there in 1999 for an ODI, we were absolutely trounced, Australia bowled us out and then won by 9 wickets. http://www.howstat.com/cricket/statistics/Matches/MatchScorecard_ODI.asp?MatchCode=1465

But despite the result it was a great experience anyway. Also though it didn't seem great at the time, it was good in hindsight to have seen McGrath and Warne bowling in their prime. They just seemed unplayable.
    Cool. The place it reminds me of most, is the Camp Nou in Barcelona. A cauldron of noise.
    I was there in 2002, while working on a project in the city, to watch Liverpool hold the hosts to a draw.
    Sitting in the wrong end of course, with a jumper over the red shirt.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/champions_league/1868466.stm
  • Options
    England 1 behind DLS now.
  • Options
    Leon said:

DavidL said:

Two boundaries sorts that. But we have to knock them
    Need many more than 2 now.

Even getting a boundary that over, the RRR crept up a little bit further, whereas if we'd kept it to a run a ball it would have shrank. The RRR and wickets is adding to the pressure respectively.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

kjh said:

kjh said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

kamski said:

(emphasis mine)

Well the vast majority of historians agree the Holocaust happened unlike Irving.

Show me evidence then of historians who disprove Professor Lal's claims? Irving of course was just an author, he did not even have a PhD and certainly was never a Professor unlike Lal
    There are critiques of Prof Lal's work in terms of numbers on the quite obvious grounds of the lack of decent census data on medieval India before and after the arrival of Islam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_of_Muslim_Population_in_Medieval_India

This is not an idle piece of historical analysis, but a very active political agenda in India. The Hindutva activists use it as a way to stir up communal violence. We saw some of that in my City in September.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Tres said:

I remember in September 2021 you posted some utter bollocks about Bill Gates and the vaccine that Robert called you out on and you refused to back down on.
    It was not anti vaccine, it was pointing out concerns over Gates' pushing monopoly patent rights.

In the developing world issues like that have delayed access to vaccines
  • Options
    That's cut the pressure a fair bit. Back above DLS par.
  • Options
    Well there’s your two big boundaries!
  • Options
    18 from 4 deliveries. 🏏😲

20 from 22 required.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095
    18 off 4 balls....
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Tres said:

It was not anti vaccine, it was pointing out concerns over Gates' pushing monopoly patent rights.

The stuff Gates is doing with food and medicine, is very worrying.
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 4,962

18 off 4 balls....

The beard that’s feared.
  • Options
    1.03 England.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

malcolmg said:

Bollocks:

More that protecting all patients from assaults by other patients would be a good start.
    Since 98% of sexual assault convictions are committed by people with penises, do you think that might be a place to start?
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Tres said:

With medicine he seems to have done a lot to help the developing world.

With food, I don't see anything positive in what he's doing. Buying up vast tracts of land is rather concerning.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,299
    Sandpit said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Tres said:

He's a very dodgy character.
  • Options
    A lot lower risk now they can just take singles and twos to get the required runs. Just don't be silly.
  • Options
    Four more. 12 from 18 now, unbackable.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,431
    7,000 fewer spectators compared to the 1992 World Cup final between England and Pakistan.
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,141
    edited November 2022
    Sandpit said:

I've heard about this too:
    https://www.theonion.com/evil-genius-gates-drops-windows-98-into-nyc-water-suppl-1819564734
  • Options
    Fascinating interview with Angela Rayner in the FT, and non-paywalled on this link.

I thought having Starmer in her phone as Mr Darcy quite witty. The rather stuffy lawyer that you turn to in a crisis when passion let's you down...

https://twitter.com/Marthalanefox/status/1591373351196434432?t=04LYlBgr0Svcj7kMY7aB8w&s=19
  • Options
    DJ41DJ41 Posts: 792
    Did Nigel Farage get a place in today's commemoration at the Cenotaph in the end, by dint of being leader of Reform UK? Last I heard he was saying he wanted to come.
  • Options
    David Dimbleby at the Cenotaph this morning '...to his right, Liz Truss, who was briefly Prime Minister'
  • Options
    paulyork64paulyork64 Posts: 2,461
    Ben stokes 20.0 for SPOTY. Now 16.0
  • Options

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

malcolmg said:

Bollocks:

Since 98% of sexual assault convictions are committed by people with penises, do you think that might be a place to start?
    No.

Women hospital patients should be allowed to be visited by males under the same rules as any patient being visited by anyone.
  • Options
    Scores Level! 8 balls remaining.
  • Options
    Well it wont’ be Ali with the winning runs.
  • Options
    This Stokes chap is quite handy in a crunch, isn't he?
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 4,962
    And that is that!
  • Options
    DJ41 said:

Did Nigel Farage get a place in today's commemoration at the Cenotaph in the end, by dint of being leader of Reform UK? Last I heard he was saying he wanted to come.

He isn't leader of Reform or any other political party. The leader is Richard Tice. And given they have no elected representatives in Parliament I don't see why they should be present any more than the Monster Raving Loony Party.
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

malcolmg said:

Bollocks:

Yes, and protecting all patients would entail taking the most obvious, time tested and value-for-money precautions, like penis yes/no ward discrimination, would it not?

Absolute brain fart of a post.
  • Options
    Really the first 50 Stokes has got in T20s?
  • Options
    Well done Stokes, Buttler and England, WC Champions :grin: 🏏
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,810

An illustration of the mess the Scottish Government has got itself into:

The Equality Act just contains one definition of ‘sex’, just contains one definition of ‘woman’, just contains one definition of ‘man’. And the structure of the Act supposes that the same concept applies across the Act, so when it uses ‘sex’ in one section, it means the same thing throughout the Act. Similarly when it says ‘woman’ in one particular provision it means it throughout the Act.

But what the Scottish Ministers are now saying is that sometimes ‘woman’ means a biological woman in the Act, but other times, it means a biological woman plus a biological man who has a GRC. And that’s what worries me most of all about this massive shift in position, is that it’s a prescription for chaos. The Scottish Ministers have abandoned any coherent principle of statutory interpretation. All they have said is, if it doesn’t make sense to us when faced up with the implications of what they’re saying, then with one leap, oh, it’s a Section 9(3) understanding of sex, so biology still applies here. Now, that is not a position which is based on any kind of statutory interpretation. And that’s what we are about here. The law needs to be interpreted in a coherent and consistent fashion, not just for and among lawyers, but for those who have to apply the law.

https://forwomen.scot/12/11/2022/judicial-review-2-substantive-hearing/

They are such a useless bunch , greedy , weird self seeking arseholes. There ar eno redeeming factors in a cabinet of 2nd rate duffers who are just Sturgeon butt licking troughers. Their other good one is they can self id as disabled.
  • Options
    There we go, ENGLAND CHAMPIONS!!!!!
  • Options
    YAAAAAAAAS

BEN BLOODY STOKES
  • Options
    DJ41 said:

He was ranting about an Albanian flag draped over the Churchill statue

https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/1591459999758393344?s=20&t=4MZBktAWO1Madi_nccgtkw
  • Options
    kyf_100 said:

For anyone not following this, which would be a sane decision, today custodial exchanges have been under pressure to provide an attestation that they have all the cybercoins they say they do. To accomplish this they've been following the practice set by the Bitfinex/Tether exchange and borrowing coins from each other, doing the attestation then sending them back.

PS If anyone's interested I have a story from when Mt Gox fell over: https://cryptodon.lol/web/@edmundedgar/109328621991453452
  • Options

DJ41 said:

He isn't leader of Reform or any other political party. The leader is Richard Tice. And given they have no elected representatives in Parliament I don't see why they should be present any more than the Monster Raving Loony Party.
    Sorry - I was getting confused. I took it into my head that an article from several years ago was recent. Agreed there's no good reason to invite him.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

malcolmg said:

Bollocks:

Yes, and protecting all patients would entail taking the most obvious, time tested and value-for-money precautions, like penis yes/no ward discrimination, would it not?

Absolute brain fart of a post.
    Penis discrimination is exactly the same as calling all trans people rapists
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Didn't doubt it for a moment.
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,571
    HYUFD said:

kjh said:

kjh said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

kamski said:

(emphasis mine)

Well you don't have to look far. Just read his Wikipedia page and there are lots of references of others calling him out on his later works. Some very strongly. You can't pick and choose your internet sources.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,431
    HYUFD said:

DJ41 said:

https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/1591459999758393344?s=20&t=4MZBktAWO1Madi_nccgtkw
    What's wrong with complaining about that?
  • Options

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

malcolmg said:

Bollocks:

It may well put Trans-women at risk. This does sound to have been an incident on a psychiatric ward. As per prisons, I think Trans-people who are either threat or at risk of sexual assault should be individually risk assessed and mitigations arranged, such as sideroom with ensuite toilet facilities.

In a general medical setting we do not segregate sexes in outpatients, daycase or investigation suites. There are also many mixed wards, where a single speciality manages patients of both sexes, with separation by use of bays and siderooms.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    kjh said:

HYUFD said:

kjh said:

kjh said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

kamski said:

(emphasis mine)

Well you don't have to look far. Just read his Wikipedia page and there are lots of references of others calling him out on his later works. Some very strongly. You can't pick and choose your internet sources.
    Professor Jeremy Black formerly of Exeter University and now at the US Foreign Policy Institute regards Lal as a good scholar only considered rightwing by Indian Muslim Marxist historians, which says something

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=AiZtAgAAQBAJ&redir_esc=y

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/K._S._Lal

• Options
    Andy_JS said:

HYUFD said:

DJ41 said:

Nothing, hopefully it has now been removed
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Andy_JS said:

HYUFD said:

DJ41 said:

Albanians have a long history of Churchill fandom. He even featured on some of their postage stamps, in thanks for helping free them from fascism.

https://twitter.com/LouisHenwood/status/1591532804722274304?t=wjUeHI1BhSAPqfBTl7ekTA&s=19
  • Options
    Leon said:

That performance against India deserved that World Cup. Whoopoohooooo!

Yes, that was a format changing performance. All the old stuff about setting a base, watching wickets in the power play etc etc just in the bin. Attack from ball 1 and keep going. Not a backward step.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Yes, Sam Curran gets MOTM. Great to see it given to a bowler.

Edit: and player of the tournament!
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Sandpit said:

And man of the tournament too. He has been outstanding and yet he hardly got a chance to bat.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

malcolmg said:

Bollocks:

It may well put Trans-women at risk.
    So Trans women are at risk from other men?
  • Options
    edited November 2022

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

malcolmg said:

Bollocks:

So Trans women are at risk from men?
    Yes. Does that surprise you?

Imagine being a trans-woman in a male prison, or psychiatric facility.

• Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,320
    HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

kamski said:

(emphasis mine)

They are a load of Hindu nationalist nonsense.
    Aside from noting that the total is given for thirteen centuries, it’s absurd to term what were wars between states of multiple kinds, over many centuries, as an ‘islamic genocide’ of Hindus.
    And accepting at face value casualty figures from so long ago is pitiful history.

I’d also note that the mainly Hindu population of India grew at a historically unprecedented rate under Mughal rule.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

And man of the tournament too. He has been outstanding and yet he hardly got a chance to bat.
    Can't even see him quoted in SPOTY betting so when he gets added it won't be generous.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

malcolmg said:

Bollocks:

So Trans women are at risk from men?
    Yes. Does that surprise you?

Imagine being a trans-woman in a male prison, or psychiatric facility.

I notice you deleted the "other" as in "other men".

So the solution is to put biological women at risk from Trans Women?

Pop quiz. What are the relative sexual assault offending rates between women, men and Trans women? One is very different from the other two. Two cluster closely.
  • Options

Ben stokes 20.0 for SPOTY. Now 16.0

Talk of SPotY reminds me of Time Person of the Year, and whether after the mid-terms, Joe Biden is now a contender, but no-one seems to be betting on it, probably because President Zelensky has looked home and hosed since the SMO.
  • Options

DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

Can't even see him quoted in SPOTY betting so when he gets added it won't be generous.
    So when he gets added, he’ll be good value.
  • Options
    DriverDriver Posts: 4,522

kyf_100 said:

For anyone not following this, which would be a sane decision, today custodial exchanges have been under pressure to provide an attestation that they have all the cybercoins they say they do. To accomplish this they've been following the practice set by the Bitfinex/Tether exchange and borrowing coins from each other, doing the attestation then sending them back.

PS If anyone's interested I have a story from when Mt Gox fell over: https://cryptodon.lol/web/@edmundedgar/109328621991453452
    It's starting to feel rather reminiscent of Allen Stanford.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

I think the opposite. Can't remember how the voting works and if Curran and Stokes might split the cricket vote or if you can vote multiple times?
  • Options

Sandpit said:

DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

I think the opposite. Can't remember how the voting works and if Curran and Stokes might split the cricket vote or if you can vote multiple times?
    There will be a shortlist from the BBC, with probably only one cricketer on it.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

Unfortunately I have little hope of any England men doing anything outstanding during the world cup.
  • Options
    Catching up on political news this morning.

Hunt says everyone is going to have to pay more tax. Rachel Reeves says everyone, particularly "higher earners", will have to pay even more tax.

Maybe it's time I looked again at moving to Canada or Australia. My tits are clearly going to be squeezed till they're purple if I stay here and my job is hard and stressful enough as it is.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,581
    Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

kjh said:

kjh said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

kamski said:

(emphasis mine)

There are critiques of Prof Lal's work in terms of numbers on the quite obvious grounds of the lack of decent census data on medieval India before and after the arrival of Islam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_of_Muslim_Population_in_Medieval_India

This is not an idle piece of historical analysis, but a very active political agenda in India. The Hindutva activists use it as a way to stir up communal violence. We saw some of that in my City in September.
    HYUFD is an activist in a party which actively tries to suppress historical debate and to force schools to use dodgy old textbooks. I mean, 'My Island Story'. WTF!?!
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,109
    Based on Leonadamus’s prediction I turned off the cricket. How much did Pakistan win by eventually?
  • Options
    edited November 2022

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

Unfortunately I have little hope of any England men doing anything outstanding during the world cup.
    Assuming the footballers don’t win the WC, the cricketers should be favourites for team of the year.

Looking at Betfair now, there’s only four sportspeople layable at sensible prices:
    Beth Mead
    Harry Kane
    Ben Stokes
    Ronnie O’Sullivan.

I reckon the winner isn’t one of those four.
    https://www.betfair.com/exchange/special-bets/event/31141809/multi-market?marketIds=1.192647553
  • Options
    DriverDriver Posts: 4,522

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

DavidL said:

Sandpit said:

It's very difficult for a player in a team sport to win SPOTY - ignoring the farce of 2009, Stokes 2019 is the only one since Flintoff 2005.

For the World Cup to provide a winner it would probably have to be a last-minute winner (as per Wilkinson 2003) or a hat trick in the final.
This discussion has been closed.