Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Blow for Truss in first voting poll as PM – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,354
    biggles said:

HYUFD said:

Some good proposals from Truss on the energy bills cap anyway

Seriously?

“We are proud to unveil our crisis plan!”
    “How much does it cost?”
    “Dunno.”

They can’t tell us how much it costs? That is the definition of a disgrace. 🙂

This week has been a shambles for the Tories. At the first PMQ question from Starmer, Truss fell down a trap. And now big plan is so half baked there hasn’t been any costs put on it?
    I dislike the policy (many of us don’t need the bung) but that’s a bit of a silly criticism. The public doesn’t need to know the cost. The public just needs to know there’s going to be a freeze. Tbh business doesn’t need much more info either so long as the energy market starts to prepare.
    I think MPs are entitled to be want to know. However, the bleak news today puts that to one side. Best wishes to Jonathan and Mrs too.
  • Options
    jonny83jonny83 Posts: 1,261
    The most famous woman in the world might be entering the final stage of her life. It's a huge deal but she's 96, there should be no surprise at any decline at that age.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,250
    RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

I really hope she recovers, but if HMQ were to die in Scotland, that would be "interesting"

Why?
    Special procedures, I think trains are involved.
    Yes but why is that 'interesting'?
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,426
    This is like a mountain crumbling. An enormous landslip. Something apparently eternal disappearing

Psychologically disturbing
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Doctors concerned for HMQ's health.

I fear the end is close. I did try to tell you. Then you dismissed my info as invented
    The end might indeed be close - for a 96-yr old frail-looking woman - but no one who knew told you.
    Sigh. Can’t you just accept that I got it right?

I’m not going to exult. It’s horrible. Our queen is near the end. But a very well informed person warned me this was very close and I told you all yesterday

And so it is. Whatever. You do you
    Trying to make this story about you is just distasteful.
    She’s not dead yet, bless her

And we were all cheerily debating this yesterday. I distinctly recall @kinabalu saying

“She looks fine, she’s probably got another 5 years in her”
    Yes I'm sorry about that. And if she's now trying to prove me wrong I'll carry that weight to my grave.
    Without being ghoulish the photo of her with Truss said it all, I fear. It was someone close to the end

Ah god. It’s going to be bleak
    Bleak's not really the word I'd choose for the natural end of a long and healthy life.
    Yes, that must be remembered.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

I really hope she recovers, but if HMQ were to die in Scotland, that would be "interesting"

Why?
    Are you saying you don't like trains?
  • Options
    Shitballs... this is it isn't it.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,334

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Why?
    It will interest Sunil, anyway.
  • Options
    boulayboulay Posts: 3,973

Voices cracking on Sky, grim times

The beeb presenters are also somewhat shaky too.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Why?
    There would be something entirely fitting about a funeral cortège moving down the ECML allowing people the length of the country to pay their respects.

Would be a bugger for train schedules, but it would be symbolic.
    Pulled by Flying Scotsman, Mallard or a Deltic. Would be beautiful. Thoughts with HMQ and her family today, feeling very sombre.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,927

Scott_xP said:

Why?
    From the famous Guardian piece a few years back:

”The most elaborate plans are for what happens if she passes away at Balmoral, where she spends three months of the year. This will trigger an initial wave of Scottish ritual. First, the Queen’s body will lie at rest in her smallest palace, at Holyroodhouse, in Edinburgh, where she is traditionally guarded by the Royal Company of Archers, who wear eagle feathers in their bonnets. Then the coffin will be carried up the Royal Mile to St Giles’s cathedral, for a service of reception, before being put on board the Royal Train at Waverley station for a sad progress down the east coast mainline. Crowds are expected at level crossings and on station platforms the length of the country – from Musselburgh and Thirsk in the north, to Peterborough and Hatfield in the south – to throw flowers on the passing train.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-dies-london-bridge
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,360

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Why?
    There would be something entirely fitting about a funeral cortège moving down the ECML allowing people the length of the country to pay their respects.

Pulled by Flying Scotsman, Mallard or a Deltic. Would be beautiful. Thoughts with HMQ and her family today, feeling very sombre.
    They practice doing it by road every year. All junctions blocked. All the way. Its routine for Police Scotland.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,526

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Why?

Mallard definitely.
  • Options
    MISTYMISTY Posts: 1,594
    Leon said:

This is like a mountain crumbling. An enormous landslip. Something apparently eternal disappearing

'Apres moi, le deluge'
  • Options

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

I fear the end is close. I did try to tell you. Then you dismissed my info as invented
    The end might indeed be close - for a 96-yr old frail-looking woman - but no one who knew told you.

I’m not going to exult. It’s horrible. Our queen is near the end. But a very well informed person warned me this was very close and I told you all yesterday

And we were all cheerily debating this yesterday. I distinctly recall @kinabalu saying

Yes I'm sorry about that. And if she's now trying to prove me wrong I'll carry that weight to my grave.
    Without being ghoulish the photo of her with Truss said it all, I fear. It was someone close to the end

Bleak's not really the word I'd choose for the natural end of a long and healthy life.

Yes, that must be remembered.
    No, this is bleak. She’s more than just a granny and a mum. She’s the Queen. She’s our history embodied, going back to world war 2

It will be a bleak time of grieving, strangeness and instability

• Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

An era is slipping away before our very eyes, but few realise this.
    Quite a thought that she was only a few months younger than Thatcher, but Thatcher left office over thirty years ago and has been dead a decade.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Scott_xP said:

Why?
    From the famous Guardian piece a few years back:

”The most elaborate plans are for what happens if she passes away at Balmoral, where she spends three months of the year. This will trigger an initial wave of Scottish ritual. First, the Queen’s body will lie at rest in her smallest palace, at Holyroodhouse, in Edinburgh, where she is traditionally guarded by the Royal Company of Archers, who wear eagle feathers in their bonnets. Then the coffin will be carried up the Royal Mile to St Giles’s cathedral, for a service of reception, before being put on board the Royal Train at Waverley station for a sad progress down the east coast mainline. Crowds are expected at level crossings and on station platforms the length of the country – from Musselburgh and Thirsk in the north, to Peterborough and Hatfield in the south – to throw flowers on the passing train.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-dies-london-bridge
    It seems at the moment like this is what she chose.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,995
    That they are not releasing any

IshmaelZ said:

Sky News pretty much doing a sort of pre-obituary

They know, don't they?

Never thought energy could be knocked off the news today. This is the only thing that could do it.

#1 and #2 1pm news headline, energy bills dropped to "in other news".
    Was listening to Adrian Chiles. He's dreadful I know, but when he read the statement live, his tone changed abruptly.
    Almost as if he got the word halfway through reading it out.
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

They know, don't they?

Never thought energy could be knocked off the news today. This is the only thing that could do it.

The clues are the Queen is under medical supervision and her family are travelling to her bedside
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 7,073
    Leon said:

I don’t feel very MIGHTY LEON now. Seriously don’t want the old girl to go

Boo

Its a very monumental moment. Monarchist, republican or uncertain, when she passes away something seemingly eternal will be taken from us. Like the Nation is being ripped away from under our feet and we will be left smaller, more vulnerable and terribly terribly sad. Colours will show their greyness, a long haul autumn under leaden skies with the very bleakest of winters after.
    Fucking grim. And i vacillate on monarchism. For some this is going to be horrific.
  • Options
    nico679nico679 Posts: 4,946
    Can’t see how you go from meeting Johnson and Truss on Tuesday to being at deaths door two days later . Is there some illness that’s been there for a while and not released to the public .

She looked frail but quite cheery on Tuesday .
  • Options
    bigglesbiggles Posts: 4,360
    If she left a final message the whole country will be in bits.
  • Options
    Prince Charles already at Balmoral.
    Travelled this morning.
    This is the end.
  • Options
    Gosh this is going to be a huge event. I am no monarchist but that lady has my full respect.
  • Options
    nico679 said:

Can’t see how you go from meeting Johnson and Truss on Tuesday to being at deaths door two days later . Is there some illness that’s been there for a while and not released to the public .

Bone cancer is what a few people have speculated for a while.
  • Options
    What a thing to happen in your first week as PM. Bloody hell.

I am genuinely distressed.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Why?
    Are you saying you don't like trains?
    No - the comment seemed to be implying something other, something more political. I LOVE trains.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,310
    edited September 2022

If it is that-which-we-hope-it-isn't, thank f&*%$ that Johnson isn't fronting the government response.

Which he'll right now be kicking the cat about. Telling so many of us had that exact thought - "thank god he's not PM for this" - isn't it?
  • Options

Leon said:

I don’t feel very MIGHTY LEON now. Seriously don’t want the old girl to go

Boo

Its a very monumental moment. Monarchist, republican or uncertain, when she passes away something seemingly eternal will be taken from us. Like the Nation is being ripped away from under our feet and we will be left smaller, more vulnerable and terribly terribly sad. Colours will show their greyness, a long haul autumn under leaden skies with the very bleakest of winters after.
    Fucking grim. And i vacillate on monarchism. For some this is going to be horrific.
    It took Thailand 1-2 years to get back to seeming normality after bumibhol died

At least Prince Charles - for all his faults - is not a Caligula-Esque freak like the new Thai king
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Travelled this morning.
    This is the end.

What about the other three? Andrew I believe is there all the time but have Anne and Edward made the trip?
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,236
    edited September 2022
    ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Why?

At least the inevitable unscheduled stops could be blamed on the driver being overcome with grief. Replacement bus service not really an option though.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,950

kle4 said:

With all respect due to Her Majesty, hoping she is well after this event it does show she probably needs to accept a regency. Otherwise every time she doesn't go to something or has a check up it will be panicked 'is this it?' moments.

Check ups and the family being called etc will be "is this it?" moments even with a regency.

We have a de facto regency already, Charles already did the Queen's Speech etc

I said earlier this week I expect that photo of her inviting Truss to form a Government would be the final photograph of the Queen doing an official duty like that, but that was because I thought she probably had another year or two in her but she wouldn't do any more duties in that time.
    But they wouldn't be going 'she didn't come to x' since there'd be no expectation of going to any.
  • Options
    Betting Post

Football: https://enormo-haddock.blogspot.com/2022/09/epl-and-serie-thoughts.html

Backed Bournemouth at home versus Brighton at 5, and laid Chelsea (away) versus Fulham at 1.85.
  • Options
    CiceroCicero Posts: 2,249
    nico679 said:

She also had bruises on her hands, which are most likely from cannulae. She has been receiving long term medical treatment, and the nature of this has not been disclosed. Many informed people and Leon are telling us to expect the worst.
  • Options
    WATO extended to 2 o'clock.
  • Options
    nico679 said:

There was early speculation of a fall, apparently.
  • Options
    BartholomewRobertsBartholomewRoberts Posts: 18,775
    edited September 2022
    dixiedean said:

That they are not releasing any

IshmaelZ said:

They know, don't they?

Was listening to Adrian Chiles. He's dreadful I know, but when he read the statement live, his tone changed abruptly.
    Almost as if he got the word halfway through reading it out.
    Or he realised the severity of what he was reading.

A memorable time I recall similar live was when I was a teen watching the news at night on what you'd call a 'slow news day' until then when the tone changed dramatically, from previously a 'fun' news story before they announced the sports results, to breaking the news about Columbine. The presenter started reading the words but struggled to get to the end of what needed to be read.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Why?

At least the inevitable unscheduled stops could be blamed on the driver being overcome with grief. Replacement bus service not really an option though.
    I now have an image of Her Majesty's coffin being transferred to a No. 47.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Me too. A little bit shaken to be honest
  • Options

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Why?

they would strike
  • Options
    CiceroCicero Posts: 2,249

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Why?

The Queen was 12 when Mallard was built,
  • Options

nico679 said:

Bone cancer is what a few people have speculated for a while.
    Thanks I didn’t know anything about that . It would be very weird , it’s often felt like she would always be there . I’m pretty ambivalent about the monarchy in general but do respect the Queen and the service she’s given the country and was a huge fan of Diana .
  • Options
    Of all the times for it to happen

This autumn of all autumns

Bleak
  • Options
    Leon said:

DavidL said:

Im shocked at how much the possibility even has hit me.
  • Options
    Leon said:

DavidL said:

I hope you're not going to use this as an excuse to bunk off your walk!
  • Options
    EabhalEabhal Posts: 5,914
    I saw the Queen in Stornoway many years ago. I'm glad of that.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,389
    nico679 said:

As I said, she apparently has bone cancer.
  • Options
    edited September 2022

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

as far away as possible from right now :)
    Amen to that!

Mwabudike Morgan : I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even five hundred would be pretty nice
  • Options
    TazTaz Posts: 11,278
    dixiedean said:

Travelled this morning.
    This is the end.

But the moment has been prepared for.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Scott_xP said:

Clarence House: “Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have travelled to Balmoral.”

The Duke of Cambridge is also travelling to Balmoral

That definitely sounds ominous. William wouldn't be going today of all days if it weren't something really serious.
    "Today of all days" - what am I missing?
  • Options
    bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 7,738
    nico679 said:

People can deteriorate quickly. People can deteriorate slowly. Such things often happen quicker than everyone expects or slower than everyone expects, or even both quicker and slower! I don’t think there’s any way of knowing quite what is or will happen without being privy to confidential medical information.

• Options

Leon said:

DavidL said:

I’ve decided to do it. Can’t bear sitting here doomscrolling just waiting for her to fall over

• Options
    European Central Banks hikes 75bps
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Leon said:

Bleak

Why?

At least we can get out there and mourn properly, vs a socially distanced funeral for 6.
  • Options

nico679 said:

People can deteriorate quickly. People can deteriorate slowly. Such things often happen quicker than everyone expects or slower than everyone expects, or even both quicker and slower! I don’t think there’s any way of knowing quite what is or will happen without being privy to confidential medical information.

Magnificent series of insights there
  • Options
    state_go_awaystate_go_away Posts: 5,422
    edited September 2022
    biggles said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Yes I’ve had a few relatives go at this age. It’s an odd mix of emotions. Hard to describe. The key one should be thankfulness and celebration of who they were.

I think its actually a bit sadder if a relative goes in their over 90s as opposed to one in their 70s or 80s - I think its because it signals the end of an era ,a break from the past (of a family ) as they will have been the last witness to that earlier age
  • Options
    kle4 said:

If the unhappy event should come, let us hope this sort of thing is restrained to twitter

1) The performative 'good riddance scrounger' crowd
    2) The 'you aren't grieving hard enough' crowd

I suspect the outpouring of grief will be matched by the outpouring of rage because of both.
  • Options
    darkagedarkage Posts: 4,797
    kle4 said:

If the unhappy event should come, let us hope this sort of thing is restrained to twitter

1) The performative 'good riddance scrounger' crowd
    2) The 'you aren't grieving hard enough' crowd

And complaints about 'white privilege', 'apologist for empire/colonialism' etc etc.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

"I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong."

Imperial? Better censor that footage.
  • Options
    The most elaborate plans are for what happens if she passes away at Balmoral, where she spends three months of the year. This will trigger an initial wave of Scottish ritual. First, the Queen’s body will lie at rest in her smallest palace, at Holyroodhouse, in Edinburgh, where she is traditionally guarded by the Royal Company of Archers, who wear eagle feathers in their bonnets. Then the coffin will be carried up the Royal Mile to St Giles’s cathedral, for a service of reception, before being put on board the Royal Train at Waverley station for a sad progress down the east coast mainline. Crowds are expected at level crossings and on station platforms the length of the country – from Musselburgh and Thirsk in the north, to Peterborough and Hatfield in the south – to throw flowers on the passing train. (Another locomotive will follow behind, to clear debris from the tracks.) “It’s actually very complicated,” one transport official told me.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,310
    Leon said:

Bleak

Can you please not keep saying Bleak.
  • Options

nico679 said:

google "facies hippocratica" and look at the photos on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

I’ve decided to do it. Can’t bear sitting here doomscrolling just waiting for her to fall over

What sort of rubbish advice have you been given . Screw the hike , have a few more glasses of wine and something to eat and get a taxi !
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

Bleak

Why?

At least we can get out there and mourn properly, vs a socially distanced funeral for 6.
    Because I believe it will really shake the nation with sadness and loss. She’s the national mum

And it’s happened as we enter the worst winter since the war, just after a terrible plague

It’s going to be emotionally tough
  • Options
    kle4 said:

IshmaelZ said:

"I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong."

Imperial? Better censor that footage.
    Yes that was 1947. Late in the day to be saying that.
  • Options
    So what regnal name will Prince Charles choose.

I think he’ll choose George.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,284
    nico679 said:

Without appearing flippant, I genuinely believe she was cheered to see the back of Johnson on Tuesday. He was an absolute embarrassment to our nation.
  • Options
    EabhalEabhal Posts: 5,914

European Central Banks hikes 75bps

Someone should tell them it's not literally her Treasury.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,509
    edited September 2022

nico679 said:

Without appearing flippant, I genuinely believe she was cheered to see the back of Johnson on Tuesday. He was an absolute embarrassment to our nation.
    Not really sure seeing the back of him is a massive upgrade on seeing the front.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

Leon said:

Bleak

It’s more accurate than your ludicrous

“Look at her, she’s practically dancing, she’ll go on for another 20 years” - just yesterday

Has it ever occurred to you that your famed abilities of insight and foresight - famed by you if no one else - are a complete fiction? You get so much so wrong

You stared at Truss when was wearing that necklace and dress and you saw Nothing
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,099
    That’s a lot of people standing up and huddling in the newsroom https://twitter.com/juliamacfarlane/status/1567849675566227456/photo/1

• Options
    It's not really the time, but there is a lot of hindsighting going on wrt energy.

How much increase on energy bills would have been needed ten years ago to avoid the problems we are facing today - if we were not aware of this specific issue and needed general security? Would that cost have been politically acceptable without hindsight?

(If the amount it would have cost is much less than it is coting now, I hope politicians and others learn the lessons that security is worth paying for.)
  • Options

Charles. This is not a time to be looking posh and weird. Praeter necessitatem.

Just think, all the QCs you know are now KCs.
  • Options
    darkagedarkage Posts: 4,797

biggles said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Yes I’ve had a few relatives go at this age. It’s an odd mix of emotions. Hard to describe. The key one should be thankfulness and celebration of who they were.

I think its actually a bit sadder if a relative goes in their over 90s as opposed to one in their 70s or 80s - I think its because it signals the end of an era ,a break from the past (of a family ) as they will have been the last witness to that earlier age
    This video Churchills funeral (with the queen in attendance) reminds me of this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Xkr8z3lEo
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Why?

I now have an image of Her Majesty's coffin being transferred to a No. 47.
    Like this one?

• Options
    Scott_xP said:

That’s a lot of people standing up and huddling in the newsroom https://twitter.com/juliamacfarlane/status/1567849675566227456/photo/1

I suspect the Palace would not make an announcement until William is there, the official 'end' will require the family to be with her.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Prediction: people who expect to feel nothing, or very little - the young, republicans, mad bitter Remainers - will find themselves unexpectedly moved. Even shaken

At the same time people who will expect to be sad or griefstruck might feel less than they anticipated

But I expect the first group to outnumber the second

• Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,221
    ydoethur said:

dixiedean said:

Travelled this morning.
    This is the end.

What about the other three? Andrew I believe is there all the time but have Anne and Edward made the trip?
    Has Harry left? He was here a few days ago. Did he visit her?
  • Options
    to be honest Johnson would probably have been better at an imaginative reflection of the Queens life than Truzz will be
  • Options

Which I don't understand at all. Surely his name is Charles? The previous two were ok, apart from a tiny civil war for one and a lot of shagging and cavorting for the other.
  • Options
    Leon said:

IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

Bleak

Why?

Because I believe it will really shake the nation with sadness and loss. She’s the national mum

And it’s happened as we enter the worst winter since the war, just after a terrible plague

It’s going to be emotionally tough
    It’s going to be a winter of 12ft snow drifts isn’t it? Because of course it is.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

And when will they start changing the post boxes?
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

Leon said:

Bleak

Perhaps we could adapt word bingo to the situation with Leon contributing to Woke charities every time a threshold is reached.
    A sort of Bleak house as it were.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,902
    IshmaelZ said:

When the time comes, hopefully years from now, perhaps he will self identify as King Elizabeth III. IWould make a lot of things easier.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,556
    edited September 2022
    Scott_xP said:

The moment he starts wearing a black tie….
  • Options
    edited September 2022

It'll be Charles. 72 years of calling him Charles it would be silly to change that.
  • Options
    Its actually operation Unicorn if she dies in Scotland, at least north of the border.
  • Options

It's not really the time, but there is a lot of hindsighting going on wrt energy.

How much increase on energy bills would have been needed ten years ago to avoid the problems we are facing today - if we were not aware of this specific issue and needed general security? Would that cost have been politically acceptable without hindsight?

(If the amount it would have cost is much less than it is coting now, I hope politicians and others learn the lessons that security is worth paying for.)

On that, we agree.
  • Options
    bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 7,738

There is a body of Telegraph/Mail readers who despise Meghan. One thing they attack her on is that Meghan isn’t her name. Her first name is Rachel: she switched to her middle name, Meghan, because there was already another actor with a similar name. This is, of course, a stupid reason to attack someone, but nonetheless in anti-Meghan circles, they like to go on about it. Anyway, I do wonder how the changing-your-name-proves-you’re-evil crowd will cope with Charles choosing a different regnal name.
  • Options
    FossFoss Posts: 694

IshmaelZ said:

And when will they start changing the post boxes?
    They don’t. You can still see old George VI boxes in some places.

This discussion has been closed.