Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Blow for Truss in first voting poll as PM – politicalbetting.com

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Who the fuck told me to come on this hike?

Look at it. 15 km. zero shade. zero. All sand

(snip photos)

Looks magnificent. Stop whinging and just enjoy it.
    Sure. You do it. The weather was meant to be mild and considerably cloudy. It’s pure blue sky and about 30C. And not a hint of shade anywhere

And the sand!

*soldiers on, britannically*
    [swaggering] We had 40 degrees in London two months back :)
  • Options

OnboardG1 said:

dr_spyn said:

dr_spyn said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

I really hope she recovers, but if HMQ were to die in Scotland, that would be "interesting"

Why?
    Special procedures, I think trains are involved.
    There would be something entirely fitting about a funeral cortège moving down the ECML allowing people the length of the country to pay their respects.

Would be a bugger for train schedules, but it would be symbolic.
    Pulled by Flying Scotsman, Mallard or a Deltic. Would be beautiful. Thoughts with HMQ and her family today, feeling very sombre.
    Mallard definitely.
    Definitely not I'm afraid. Mallard is not in running condition. It can be hauled along the tracks, but it can't haul anything.
    Is 'Princess Elizabeth' available? It was named after her, and is mainline certified.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LMS_Princess_Royal_Class_6201_Princess_Elizabeth

Oh, and the look magnificent.

But it has to be a loco that is immediately available on her death. We'll probably get a 68 or 60 ... :(
    Clan Line or Duchess of Sutherland might be available to haul a funeral train.
    It seems an odd thing to be discussing, but please let it be the Duchess of Sutherland. A magnificent loco, and the most powerful class of steam locos ever to run in Britain. If only it was streamlined, as Duchess of Hamilton looks spectacular.

And thanks to the poster below for info. on Princess Elizabeth.
    2 x Stanier Black 5 locomotives would also do the job.
    I’m going to be extremely annoying and advocate for an HST. All these steam locos are wonderful machines, but the HST is the railway symbol of the new Elizabethan Age.
    That's actually a good shout. I think it would be very fitting, and operationally much easier.
    I'd be okay with an HST but I'd dispute that they are the railway symbol of the new Elizabethan age, as they weren't introduced until after her silver jubilee! A first generation diesel like a Deltic would be more fitting IMHO.
    Deltics were a failure though. They lasted twenty years. They were a dead-end piece of tech.

HSTs have lasted (so far) 45-odd. Well over half her reign. They were also typically British - an afterthought, a compromise, that turned out to be far more successful than the 'better' thing they were playing second-fiddle to. I think one also still holds the world speed record for diesels?
    Deltics a failure?! Ahead of their time I think you mean. And with two Napier Deltic high speed diesel engines based on marine tech there's a Royal Navy link too.
    I am as big a fan of the HST as anyone - they are probably our best ever train from a passenger POV - I just think they were introduced too late in her reign to be the appropriate choice.
    But the powers that be will probably go with a double header of a couple of big freight locos attached to the regular royal train, because they have no soul.
  • Options
    bigglesbiggles Posts: 4,339
    DougSeal said:

ping said:

I don’t think shutting down the internet for the public holidays following the queens death is a particularly good idea, personally.

In darker moments I think shutting down the internet altogether might not be a bad idea.
    I think that in my lighter moments….
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,715
    Dura_Ace said:

Leon said:

Grind it out, it's what the Queen would have wanted. In fact throw your shoes into the sea and leave bloody footprints of mourning across the Iberian peninsula.

This is like Christmas Eve for anarchists.
    You might want to restrain your fire on Christmas Day?
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,114

OnboardG1 said:

dr_spyn said:

dr_spyn said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

I really hope she recovers, but if HMQ were to die in Scotland, that would be "interesting"

Why?
    There would be something entirely fitting about a funeral cortège moving down the ECML allowing people the length of the country to pay their respects.

Pulled by Flying Scotsman, Mallard or a Deltic. Would be beautiful. Thoughts with HMQ and her family today, feeling very sombre.
    Mallard definitely.
    Definitely not I'm afraid. Mallard is not in running condition. It can be hauled along the tracks, but it can't haul anything.
    Is 'Princess Elizabeth' available? It was named after her, and is mainline certified.

But it has to be a loco that is immediately available on her death. We'll probably get a 68 or 60 ... :(
    It seems an odd thing to be discussing, but please let it be the Duchess of Sutherland. A magnificent loco, and the most powerful class of steam locos ever to run in Britain. If only it was streamlined, as Duchess of Hamilton looks spectacular.

I’m going to be extremely annoying and advocate for an HST. All these steam locos are wonderful machines, but the HST is the railway symbol of the new Elizabethan Age.
    That's actually a good shout. I think it would be very fitting, and operationally much easier.
    I'd be okay with an HST but I'd dispute that they are the railway symbol of the new Elizabethan age, as they weren't introduced until after her silver jubilee! A first generation diesel like a Deltic would be more fitting IMHO.
    Deltics were a failure though. They lasted twenty years. They were a dead-end piece of tech.

HSTs have lasted (so far) 45-odd. Well over half her reign. They were also typically British - an afterthought, a compromise, that turned out to be far more successful than the 'better' thing they were playing second-fiddle to. I think one also still holds the world speed record for diesels?
    Deltics a failure?! Ahead of their time I think you mean. And with two Napier Deltic high speed diesel engines based on marine tech there's a Royal Navy link too.
    I am as big a fan of the HST as anyone - they are probably our best ever train from a passenger POV - I just think they were introduced too late in her reign to be the appropriate choice.
    But the powers that be will probably go with a double header of a couple of big freight locos attached to the regular royal train, because they have no soul.
    I love PB train threads more than any other aspect of the site.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

Interesting that JRM has confirmed tidal energy is part of the energy strategy

That's okay. The mediaevals had it, so no problem there.

https://woodbridgetidemill.org.uk/
    We went to Eling Tide Mill in August.
    https://www.elingexperience.co.uk/

I love that part of the world.
  • Options
    Walkin’ aboot the toon, above average numbers talking into or looking at their phones I’d say. Including me obvs.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,597
    edited September 2022

OnboardG1 said:

dr_spyn said:

dr_spyn said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Why?

Mallard definitely.

Quite; the Ton class minesweepers, with Deltic power, were the biggest RN postwar programme IIRC (and I still have my dad's maintenance documentation for the marine engine).

Edit: He was at HMtQ's Coronation Review of the Fleet. I have his photo in best No 1 in front of his gun turret!
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,364

biggles said:

CatMan said:

There will be three days of official mourning when she does die. Everything will close down for those three days. (Not sure about food shops.) We had to consider "London Bridge" insurance for the Dart Music Festival. If she had died during it, we had to pull the plug.

Think I remember reading somewhere that the ECB have insurance for if it happens during a Test Match (which started today).
    Another strange reason for abandoning a test along with Dangerous Pitch (Sabina Park) and that one where it got flooded?
    Wait, hang on, I have tickets for Sunday!
    Test abandoned - sabina park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNV8LJX1Pms

one or two batsmen glad to be out there!
    Bollocks to that. I have as much respect for the Queen as the next man. 75 years of service to the country. But doesn't seem worth abandoning a test match for. It's not as if any of her family are playing in it.
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,913
    edited September 2022
    ping said:

I don’t think shutting down the internet for the public holidays following the queens death is a particularly good idea, personally.

There are no public holidays following the Queens death. Aside from the funeral
  • Options
    Radio on. She's either already gone or will be imminently.

This is what happens when you shake hands with Liz Truss...
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,399
    edited September 2022
    OnboardG1 said:

MaxPB said:

Just back to the energy stuff, the sentiment is good but I think the target of becoming a net exporter of energy by 2040 is nowhere near ambitious enough. We should be aiming to do that by 2030 and by 2040 having a huge domestic energy surplus so our industries benefit from low prices and clean energy generation.

That would require her to build the onshore wind and solar that she doesn’t like instead of chasing the fracking canard (still no mention of the BGS report).
    Yes, the fracking is a red herring.

But so is most of everything else wrt the immediate crisis.

The increasing use of diesel discussed on R4 this morning was interesting, as he have a fleet of Short-Term Operational Requirement backup sources to cover maintenance interruptions and very occasionally (hardly ever required to date) operational shortfalls.

Running them at higher than the normal 200 hours a year of all of that is presumably a planning assumption for the next months.

Silly newspapers get excited about it from time to time.

Nicola Horlicks' setup invested £34m in the capacity back in 2016.
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/dec/06/diesel-farms-national-grid-tax-breaks

• Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,867
  • Options
    Can you government really demand that shops etc etc shut for a period after the queen's death? What about those with holidays booked and stuff?
  • Options

OnboardG1 said:

dr_spyn said:

dr_spyn said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Why?

Mallard definitely.

If they were 'ahead of their time', then why were there no follow-ups? How come they only lasted twenty years? How come that entire idea of loco-hauled trains came to an end.

The Deltic engines were a wonder, but really were not ideal for locomotive usage cycles. Many a journey was 'saved' because one of the two engines had failed, but they managed to limp home on the other. BR could have cascaded tem to other services. They did not, because they were too much bother. They really were racehorses - fast but fragile.

I quite like them though. Especially Tulyar.
  • Options

OnboardG1 said:

dr_spyn said:

dr_spyn said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Why?

Mallard definitely.

1976 was before 1977!
    Good spot. I was thinking of the ECML. They weren't introduced onto the ECML until 1978.
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    edited September 2022
    . m
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Stocky said:

Can you government really demand that shops etc etc shut for a period after the queen's death? What about those with holidays booked and stuff?

Where are people getting this? The only day off or of closures is for the funeral
  • Options
    Stocky said:

Surely it will just be closures for public buildings, non essential government services etc. And maybe a bank holiday
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,399

Leon said:

A few days ago we were wondering if someone would die on PB...

I'd hope you brought a few litres of water and a hat. 15km in full sun and sand. You're not in Camden any more.
    This is like Jeremy Clarkson in Namibia.

Does he know that Portugal only has one coast?
  • Options

Leon said:

Leon said:

(snip photos)

Sure. You do it. The weather was meant to be mild and considerably cloudy. It’s pure blue sky and about 30C. And not a hint of shade anywhere

And the sand!

[pries open Château de Chasselas]

Right. I had to get up at fifty celsius at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of molten lava, walk twenty-nine miles a day up hill, and pay hill owner for permission to come to walk, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,070
    edited September 2022
    Leon said:

Prediction: people who expect to feel nothing, or very little - the young, republicans, mad bitter Remainers - will find themselves unexpectedly moved. Even shaken

At the same time people who will expect to be sad or griefstruck might feel less than they anticipated

But I expect the first group to outnumber the second

Why bitter Remainers?
    Foxy said:

Scott_xP said:

I find these odd words to type, but I think you may be underestimating Johnson. He was and is an utterly sleazy piece of shit, but he could get the tone right for this sort of thing. He’s not like Trump.

The tone, perhaps, but he would still look like a fucking clown at a funeral.

It is a blessing he is gone.
    I'd imagine he'll be at the funeral. And I am sure he'll look fine.
    All living ex PMs will be at the funeral no doubt.
    Even the Labour ones? They weren't invited to Will and Kate's bunfight.
  • Options

Stocky said:

Where are people getting this? The only day off or of closures is for the funeral
    That's not too bad. Is this already agreed?
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,945

Stocky said:

ISTR that London Bridge was downscaled after the DofE went.
    It used to be a week of mourning. Everything shut.
  • Options

OnboardG1 said:

dr_spyn said:

dr_spyn said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Why?

Mallard definitely.

If they were 'ahead of their time', then why were there no follow-ups? How come they only lasted twenty years? How come that entire idea of loco-hauled trains came to an end.

The Deltic engines were a wonder, but really were not ideal for locomotive usage cycles. Many a journey was 'saved' because one of the two engines had failed, but they managed to limp home on the other. BR could have cascaded tem to other services. They did not, because they were too much bother. They really were racehorses - fast but fragile.

I quite like them though. Especially Tulyar.
    No follow up to Concorde either!
    Operationally they were unreliable it is true although IIRC a lot of the issues were with their boilers for steam heating in their early usage and they were more reliable later on. But they were a beautiful design and have inspired more devotion than any other diesel loco - six of the 22 were preserved. I think as a representative of the early diesels introduced at the start of her reign, and the flagship on the ECML, they would be the ideal choice to head the Royal train.
  • Options
    Why are the BBC putting Huw Edwards to report on this? That's just rubbing it in, surely?
  • Options
    Stocky said:

Stocky said:

That's not too bad. Is this already agreed?
    Actually even the funeral is not a bank holiday it is a day of national mourning, i suspect it will be a de facto BH though if not formally declared, schools will likely close etc
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,793
    Scott_xP said:

That was the speech that took HMQ not just from national institution and legend but to myth...
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,245

Leon said:

Leon said:

(snip photos)

And the sand!

[pries open Château de Chasselas]

Right. I had to get up at fifty celsius at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of molten lava, walk twenty-nine miles a day up hill, and pay hill owner for permission to come to walk, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah
    You had fifty Celsius? We had to walk through a supernova. In summer….
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,924
    edited September 2022

Stocky said:

Surely it will just be closures for public buildings, non essential government services etc. And maybe a bank holiday
    Last time the TV, such as it was, was shut down and BBC radio just played solemn music. That was until the day of the funeral after which things got back to normal.
    Shops were open as normal.
  • Options
    Stocky said:

I'm on holiday the week after next... it better bloody not!

I'm sure some things will be affected, but life will go on.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Is there a royal replacement bus service?
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

Yeah. Bloody good, wasn't she?
  • Options
    Cookie said:

Why are the BBC putting Huw Edwards to report on this? That's just rubbing it in, surely?

Mawkmaster General.
  • Options

Leon said:

(snip photos)

How hot is it? 9 miles, 3 hours. He won't dehydrate. Unless he started with a hangover...
  • Options
    edited September 2022

Stocky said:

Last time the TV, such as it was, was shut down and the radio just played solemn music. That was until the day of the funeral after which things got back to normal.
    Yeah, comedy shows will be canned on the beeb etc until after the funeral, black ties for the news, no parliament for 10 days (i suspect if its imminent that means conference recess will have to be cancelled )
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

(snip photos)

Sure. You do it. (Snip)

Ahem. I walked 6,200 miles around the coast of Britain in 2003, which was a really hot year. So yes, I'm used to walking along a beach or two in hot weather ... ;)

Enjoy it. Savour it.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,597
    edited September 2022
    dixiedean said:

Stocky said:

Wonder if there is some confusion re the web. Wiki says: Government websites and social media accounts, as well as the royal family's website, will turn black, and the publication of non-urgent content must be avoided.[3]

But this fuller account, which it links to, ias much more nuanced - black borders, etc.

https://www.politico.eu/article/queen-elizabeth-death-plan-britain-operation-london-bridge/

Which also adds:

The prime minister and the queen have agreed that the day of the state funeral will be a “Day of National Mourning.” This has also led to planning issues. The day will effectively be a bank holiday, although it will not be named as such. If the funeral falls on the weekend or an existing bank holiday, an extra bank holiday will not be granted. If the funeral falls on a weekday, the government does not plan to order employers to give employees the day off — the documents say that is a matter between employees and their staff.

Anuthing happening around 10 days after the event - some diary checking needed.

• Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,924
    MattW said:

Leon said:

I'd hope you brought a few litres of water and a hat. 15km in full sun and sand. You're not in Camden any more.
    This is like Jeremy Clarkson in Namibia.

Does he know that Portugal only has one coast?
    Two, surely; west and south!
  • Options
    Cookie said:

He’s the Replacement Dimbleby. The fact they’ve put him on also speaks volumes.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 46,853

Leon said:

I am well equipped. I have brought with me a bottle of excellent and now rather warm white wine. And nothing else
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961
    edited September 2022
    GIN1138 said:

Scott_xP said:

That was the speech that took HMQ not just from national institution and legend but to myth...
    Quite a difference in two years when you compare this to the latest photos.
  • Options
    bigglesbiggles Posts: 4,339

Stocky said:

Last time the TV, such as it was, was shut down and the radio just played solemn music. That was until the day of the funeral after which things got back to normal.
    Yeah, comedy shows will be canned on the beeb etc until after the funeral, black ties for the news, no parliament for 10 days (i suspect if its imminent that means conference recess will have to be cancelled )
    The price cap presumably needs legislation and needs it quick? Also, the impending “fiscal event”? There’s a practical issue there.
  • Options

Leon said:

Prediction: people who expect to feel nothing, or very little - the young, republicans, mad bitter Remainers - will find themselves unexpectedly moved. Even shaken

At the same time people who will expect to be sad or griefstruck might feel less than they anticipated

But I expect the first group to outnumber the second

Why bitter Remainers?
    Foxy said:

Scott_xP said:

I find these odd words to type, but I think you may be underestimating Johnson. He was and is an utterly sleazy piece of shit, but he could get the tone right for this sort of thing. He’s not like Trump.

The tone, perhaps, but he would still look like a fucking clown at a funeral.

It is a blessing he is gone.
    I'd imagine he'll be at the funeral. And I am sure he'll look fine.
    All living ex PMs will be at the funeral no doubt.
    Even the Labour ones? They weren't invited to Will and Kate's bunfight.
    I presume Leon is thinking of the likes of Jolyon thingy the remainer/lawyer/fox killer.

Anyway, my mood is irritable. The Queen is Dead, Long live the next one. I don't know what this will mean for the UK but I can't imagine it will be good.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,226
    DougSeal said:

OnboardG1 said:

dr_spyn said:

dr_spyn said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Why?

Mallard definitely.

I love PB train threads more than any other aspect of the site.
    We’re all very chuffed.
  • Options
    If its imminent/has happened then the likely announcement will be early evening news/ 6pm or tomorrow morning
  • Options

What a horrible comment

You should be ashamed of yourself
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    Carnyx said:

Interesting that JRM has confirmed tidal energy is part of the energy strategy

That's okay. The mediaevals had it, so no problem there.

https://woodbridgetidemill.org.uk/
    The Pentland Firth would be ideal
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

Looks like that photo was taken at about 07:00 BST.
  • Options
    If HMQ has sadly died, I don't imagine there will be a public announcement until all the royal family are at Balmoral and / or have heard the news.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,130

Leon said:

Leon said:

(snip photos)

Sure. You do it. (Snip)

Ahem. I walked 6,200 miles around the coast of Britain in 2003, which was a really hot year. So yes, I'm used to walking along a beach or two in hot weather ... ;)

Enjoy it. Savour it.
    Did 5 miles along Puttsborough to Woolacombe and back last week. I was fine, the dog not so much.
  • Options
    biggles said:

Stocky said:

The price cap presumably needs legislation and needs it quick? Also, the impending “fiscal event”? There’s a practical issue there.
    There is, although there is time before the cap incresse in October, and the Energy companies can no doubt be persuaded to act as if the legislation is in place for a few days if required.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,645
    OnboardG1 said:

I know that it’s a serious time but I couldn’t help remembering this sequence from Yes Prime Minister:

https://youtu.be/tQpV-A2zOvI

I love it when Bernard gets a chance to shine.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,129
    TOPPING said:

Look around you. This will be one of those "where were you" moments.

Waitrose deli counter, unfortunately.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,383

Leon said:

Leon said:

(snip photos)

Sure. You do it. (Snip)

Enjoy it. Savour it.
    Though not the seawater.
    Don't drink that.
  • Options

ping said:

Harry and Meghan travelling to Balmoral.

That's good. I am not a fan of Harry but it would be hateful for him to miss farewells with his grandma because of petty family politicking.
    And the perfect time for the family to come together and put their differences behind them
    They couldn't for Prince Phillip's funeral, the Queen had to sort them out. Discouraging.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,249
    kinabalu said:

TOPPING said:

I saw that an organic, free range whole chicken is around twenty quid. JFC.
  • Options
    ohnotnowohnotnow Posts: 2,910
    I'm wondering how many skeezy email marketers are busy prepping emails along the lines of 'To mark the passing of The Queen, we're offering 5% off all orders! Use code 'LIZZYGOBYEBYE' to claim your discount!'...
  • Options

MISTY said:

The Queen has got on with Meghan better than almost all the rest of the family combined, and always was relatively unfussed by the whole conflict and nonsensical tribalism on both sides about it, and social media wars. Good to see that she's there - it seems very likely the Queen has asked for that.

Do you actually have any evidence for that?

Ms Markle has levelled some pretty unsavoury stuff at the Royal Family, knowing they are limited in the way they can respond.

But not at the Queen herself - quite the opposite in fact, describing her as looking out for her with kindness when she first appeared - and thus they themselves got on well from the start. Hence the Queen's own response to the whole conflict has always been very measured and not too involved.
    There was that 'recollections differ' statement.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

ping said:

That's good. I am not a fan of Harry but it would be hateful for him to miss farewells with his grandma because of petty family politicking.
    And the perfect time for the family to come together and put their differences behind them
    They couldn't for Prince Phillip's funeral, the Queen had to sort them out. Discouraging.
    I'm glad she didn't have to carry on for too long after Phillip passed.
  • Options
    It must sadly be end of days. Hazza and Megs are on their way.

R4 cancelled programmes for a mawkish couple of hours naval gazing before R4 PM.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,129
    TOPPING said:

kinabalu said:

TOPPING said:

I saw that an organic, free range whole chicken is around twenty quid. JFC.
    Yes - ridiculous. "Essential Waitrose" breasts for me at a fraction of that.
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415

What a horrible comment

Yes. Political point scoring, all political arguing, should stop a while out of respect. It’s not a normal day. I can’t stop crying.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Stocky said:

I dont think that much has changed. It was always a lot of 'consider if X should close'
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,470
    ping said:

Why not?
  • Options

OnboardG1 said:

dr_spyn said:

dr_spyn said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Why?

Mallard definitely.

If you want all the best bits of a Deltic, in a form that has now been holding bits of the rail network together for over 60 years, rather than the 20 the Deltics managed, surely you go for a pair of 37s.
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,982

What a horrible comment

Yes. Political point scoring, all political arguing, should stop a while out of respect. It’s not a normal day. I can’t stop crying.
    Don't worry. Leon will be half-pissed and sun burnt but he'll be fine.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,157
    Nigelb said:

Deputies of Smolninksoye municipality in St Petersburg voted to address the Russian Duma with a suggestion to accuse Putin of treason and remove him from power, according to the Article 93 of the Constitution

PS the address is not filed yet, it gonna be sent in the coming days

https://twitter.com/kamilkazani/status/1567867734393749505

Stay away from upper storey windows.

It would be karma if that was Putin's end.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

kle4 said:

ping said:

I'm glad she didn't have to carry on for too long after Phillip passed.
    He didn’t pass, he died.
This discussion has been closed.