Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Truss dominates Sunak in the polling except the key one? – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    boulayboulay Posts: 3,875
    Leon said:

LIZ TRUSS FOR QUEEN!!!

I disagree, if they are getting rid of Adam Lambert as Freddie Mercury’s replacement they should go for Sam Ryder of Eurovision fame
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,913
    edited July 2022
    GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

Liz's reaction of shock and horror was genuine. I was impressed that she rushed towards the "danger" rather than backing away from it (fight or flight response would have been telling her to back away) Well done Liz Truss.

I'm remember Eamonn Holmes hiding behind a contestant when Fathers4Justice invaded his BBC set live on a Saturday night years ago.

Hopefully Kate is OK.

Must have been a fucking huge contestant
    LOL! Was an elderly lady from what I can remember. He was cowering behind her.
    Poor old Eamonn. If he got any bigger he'd have to breathe in to hide behind a row of terraces.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,294
    So Nadine Dorries is basically French, another reason not to abolish the licence fee.

France’s National Assembly has formally voted to end the €138 ($142) annual TV licence fee (la contribution pour l’audiovisuel public) in favour of a VAT increase.

The bill was passed over the weekend with 170 French MPs in favour and 57 opposed and follows president Emmanuel Macron’s decision to make the end of the licence fee a key pledge in his re-election campaign to “give back purchasing power”.

Once in effect, public broadcasting in the country would be financed by “a fraction” of VAT for a total of around €3.7bn. The existing licence fee will bring in €3.2bn in 2022.

https://tbivision.com/2022/07/25/france-votes-to-scrap-licence-fee/
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,026
    Leon said:

LIZ TRUSS FOR QUEEN!!!

The PM of hearts.
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,573
    Leon said:

kjh said:

Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Leon said:

I've learned three things today

1. Liz Truss (as I suspected after necklace-and-dress-gate) is REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED

2. She also has nice normal human reactions: to swiftly help people in trouble

3. TalkTV is the most incredible pile of shit, and consists mainly of Piers Morgan's fat sweaty face

Was it that swift? She looked to someone on her right before moving.

But yes - she reacted. As I expect everyone else there did.
    No, a lot of people simply freeze when something truly unexpected/alarming happens. I've done it myself. Your brain is trying to work out what to do. It's not fear or callousness, you simply can't compute what you've seen

I'd say Truss reacted as fast as could be expected, given her initial, total shock (visible on her face)

I'm sorry but this might seem heartless but surely you have seen dozens of people faint. It was a regular occurrence during a hot assembly at my school and I have seen a few presenters at meetings keel over. Soldiers do it all the time on parade. Hell for many of us of a certain age we saw Tommy Cooper drop dead on stage. The normal reaction is to run over and help. Truss seemed overly shocked and was pretty close to react
    What arrant nonsense

How often does a TV presenter faint and crash to the floor, live, during a crucial TV leaders debate?

I'll tell you how often: never

And of course there was and is always the chance of foul play, of the first incident leading to much more, perhaps poisoning, who knows. So Truss would have been feeling fear as well as shock; likwise Sunak

Jeez I know politicians can be wankers but cut them some slack when they behave decently
    TV presenters keel over like nine pins. Just Google it. I assume due to hot lights. So never is actually quite often in fact. They also deal with studio invasions, exploding light bulbs, etc. You are making too much of this as usual.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961

So Nadine Dorries is basically French, another reason not to abolish the licence fee.

France’s National Assembly has formally voted to end the €138 ($142) annual TV licence fee (la contribution pour l’audiovisuel public) in favour of a VAT increase.

The bill was passed over the weekend with 170 French MPs in favour and 57 opposed and follows president Emmanuel Macron’s decision to make the end of the licence fee a key pledge in his re-election campaign to “give back purchasing power”.

Once in effect, public broadcasting in the country would be financed by “a fraction” of VAT for a total of around €3.7bn. The existing licence fee will bring in €3.2bn in 2022.

"Give back purchasing power" by clawing it back (and more) through VAT? Not sure how that works.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,915
    kjh said:

Leon said:

kjh said:

Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Leon said:

1. Liz Truss (as I suspected after necklace-and-dress-gate) is REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED

3. TalkTV is the most incredible pile of shit, and consists mainly of Piers Morgan's fat sweaty face

No, a lot of people simply freeze when something truly unexpected/alarming happens. I've done it myself. Your brain is trying to work out what to do. It's not fear or callousness, you simply can't compute what you've seen

I'd say Truss reacted as fast as could be expected, given her initial, total shock (visible on her face)

I'm sorry but this might seem heartless but surely you have seen dozens of people faint. It was a regular occurrence during a hot assembly at my school and I have seen a few presenters at meetings keel over. Soldiers do it all the time on parade. Hell for many of us of a certain age we saw Tommy Cooper drop dead on stage. The normal reaction is to run over and help. Truss seemed overly shocked and was pretty close to react
    What arrant nonsense

How often does a TV presenter faint and crash to the floor, live, during a crucial TV leaders debate?

And of course there was and is always the chance of foul play, of the first incident leading to much more, perhaps poisoning, who knows. So Truss would have been feeling fear as well as shock; likwise Sunak

Jeez I know politicians can be wankers but cut them some slack when they behave decently
    TV presenters keel over like nine pins. Just Google it. I assume due to hot lights. So never is actually quite often in fact. They also deal with studio invasions, exploding light bulbs, etc. You are making too much of this as usual.
    How often, given the fact such events are *always* caught on camera, and the thousands of hours of video captured every day around the world? It'll be very unusual.
  • Options
    RobD said:

"Give back purchasing power" by clawing it back (and more) through VAT? Not sure how that works.
    IIRC the extra purchasing power comes from saving money from collecting the licence fee because now you just get it as a cash lump sum from the government.
  • Options
    boulayboulay Posts: 3,875
    boulay said:

Leon said:

LIZ TRUSS FOR QUEEN!!!

I disagree, if they are getting rid of Adam Lambert as Freddie Mercury’s replacement they should go for Sam Ryder of Eurovision fame
    Whilst thinking about Eurovision they should host it in Salisbury and have the spire as the symbol to troll Russia.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961

RobD said:

IIRC the extra purchasing power comes from saving money from collecting the licence fee because now you just get it as a cash lump sum from the government.
    Ah, purchasing power for the broadcaster? Note how the total amount received actually goes up by almost 20%!
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,187
    Sweden look better than England. It’s not coming home.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,793

I just tuned in to TalkTV, Rishi's team have announced he will go to assist Kate once inflation is under control and not before. Now is not the time to be assisting fainted ladies. Its not fiscally prudent.

:wink:
  • Options
    Leon said:

kjh said:

Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Leon said:

AIUI some freeze, and some move randomly, often into the face of danger. What makes the difference is training.

A story: two young squaddies were on a train that crashed on a Sunday night 20-30 years ago out of Paddington. Their carriage ended up on its side. They clambered out onto the top of the carriage, then went back in to help. Apparently they did as trained: they got themselves somewhere safe where they could evaluate the situation, then went back in to help. If the carriage had been on fire their evaluation may have been very different.

That's what training does. I have heard a couple of similar stories about a fireman and a paramedic, both of whom reacted in a very calm manner to an unusual situation. The latter saved the life of a neighbour's dad...

As an aside, because of the crash they were late back to barracks. The MOD said that they would not be sanctioned for being late back...
    My wife reacted similarly when we were first on the scene of a multiple pile up. I weaved through the cars as the accident was ongoing before stopping to help. She was brilliant. I was useless. She is a doctor and I'm not. I went back and checked cars for anyone injured and/or trapped. I had a lucky escape when a car I checked was hit a few seconds later. The last car I checked was the cause of the accident. It had come over the central reservation and was on the hard shoulder so had flipped multiple lanes as well as the barrier. Two lads were trapped inside. I got my wife and she was brilliant and dealt with it until the police and ambulances arrived.
    Crikey. That's quite a story
    I was first aid trained, but forgot everything. Surprisingly doctors aren't first aid trained (I don't know if they are these days) but it all seemed natural to her. She hadn't done any A&E stuff for sometime. She was a pathologist at the time. All I was useful for was checking all the vehicles and then updating the police when they arrived. The only thing that shook me was seeing a car plough into the empty car I had just checked and thought gosh that was close.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,109

Leon said:

LIZ TRUSS FOR QUEEN!!!

The PM of hearts.
    Well, certainly not of diamonds.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,097

I just tuned in to TalkTV, Rishi's team have announced he will go to assist Kate once inflation is under control and not before. Now is not the time to be assisting fainted ladies. Its not fiscally prudent.

If Sunak's team actually used the word "ladies" that will be very big news.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,590

Carnyx said:

Bit late but perhaps one for @RochdalePioneers as well as those who claim Brexit is a doddle for impex folk.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/26/british-wine-wholesaler-leave-uk-over-post-brexit-paperwork

He's having to move to France:

'There he will set up a French company to export back to his own company in Wales.

He said the only way he could get around the “incredibly complicated” paperwork for importing alcohol was to establish a French company to export into the UK, and do the administration in the EU himself.

“I am doing what the government was suggesting, which is to have a company here and in Europe to mitigate the impact of Brexit,” he said. “What I’m doing will enable me to import and export into and out of the EU within the company itself, so that we mitigate all of the cost of importing into the UK.”'

And that's a lot of employment, profit and tax lost to the UK. As HMG should have knonw when they said "**** business, go away and set up elsewhere".

That's the same whinging individual who has been quoted a thousand times before.

If everyone is struggling, why is it always the same moaning FBPE bugger with an EU flag on his handle that is the goto to be quoted instead of thousands of different individuals all complaining?
    That's a bit like saying you are always the one to leap to the defence of Brexit so can be ignored. You see?
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578
    Chris said:

stodge said:

Evening all :)

I didn't see what happened and it's obviously good to hear Kate McCann is fine.

God knows after the tragic business with her daughter I'm sure we all wish her well.
    Different Kate McCann I think....
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

Bit late but perhaps one for @RochdalePioneers as well as those who claim Brexit is a doddle for impex folk.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/26/british-wine-wholesaler-leave-uk-over-post-brexit-paperwork

'There he will set up a French company to export back to his own company in Wales.

He said the only way he could get around the “incredibly complicated” paperwork for importing alcohol was to establish a French company to export into the UK, and do the administration in the EU himself.

“I am doing what the government was suggesting, which is to have a company here and in Europe to mitigate the impact of Brexit,” he said. “What I’m doing will enable me to import and export into and out of the EU within the company itself, so that we mitigate all of the cost of importing into the UK.”'

And that's a lot of employment, profit and tax lost to the UK. As HMG should have knonw when they said "**** business, go away and set up elsewhere".

That's the same whinging individual who has been quoted a thousand times before.

If everyone is struggling, why is it always the same moaning FBPE bugger with an EU flag on his handle that is the goto to be quoted instead of thousands of different individuals all complaining?
    That's a bit like saying you are always the one to leap to the defence of Brexit so can be ignored. You see?
    Its exactly like that, yes.

My stating my opinion isn't new or original. Fitting for a discussion website, but for so-called "news" sources? That this FBPE guy doesn't like Brexit is about as much news as hearing that John Major doesn't like Boris for the 17654th time.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,026
    https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1551990768092454912

"I am Kamala Harris, my pronouns are she and her, and I am a woman sitting at the table wearing a blue suit."
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,966

tlg86 said:

Dare I click on the link in the header? :neutral:

It is safe
    But what’s the word?
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,130
    Eabhal said:
    Reading an autocue?
  • Options
    Eabhal said:
    Normally I think all these "Biden is ..." things are silly, but yeah that's an undoctored clip they've put out not being snipped by GOP trolls and those eyes are creepy.

Unmoving and don't look right at all.

I hope he's OK. I think America is going to need President Kamala sooner than later.
  • Options

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

My stating my opinion isn't new or original. Fitting for a discussion website, but for so-called "news" sources? That this FBPE guy doesn't like Brexit is about as much news as hearing that John Major doesn't like Boris for the 17654th time.
    But what is news is that he has fulfilled the instructions of your favourite Brexiter fraction. Which were to **** off to Europe and take his employment and tax with him.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Eabhal said:
    Reading an autocue?
    Doesn't look like it, normally with an autocue you see the eyes shifting slightly left to right as they read. His are just fixed, unmoving. It seems a bit creepy.

Maybe its normal, but it doesn't look it.
  • Options
    EabhalEabhal Posts: 5,881
    DavidL said:

Eabhal said:
    Reading an autocue?
    He usually screws them up when he's struggling with the autocue?

I've gone through a few of his recent vids and something is weird about this one.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

But what is news is that he has fulfilled the instructions of your favourite Brexiter fraction. Which were to **** off to Europe and take his employment and tax with him.
    Cool, so will this be the last time we hear from him? Or will he be back in a few weeks time getting shared by the usual FBPE circlejerk updating us on how much of a challenge Brexit is for his business?
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,177
    Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

The guy in question runs a sizeable wine business. The idea that he is doing all of this for fun to make political points is laughable.
  • Options
    Eabhal said:

DavidL said:

Eabhal said:
    Reading an autocue?
    He usually screws them up when he's struggling with the autocue?

I've gone through a few of his recent vids and something is weird about this one.
    They couldnt even find same sized ones in the Mr Biden Head box
  • Options
    Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,829

dixiedean said:

Labour leads Conservatives in ALL issues but Ukraine.

Which party do Red Wall voters trust the most on...? (Conservative | Labour)

Pandemic (27% | 31%)
    The NHS (20% | 40%)
    Immigration (21% | 30%)
    The Economy (26% | 33%)
    Levelling Up (18% | 38%)

That's a huge lead on levelling up.
    Especially since it's a Conservative flagship policy taken in the area it's supposed to benefit.
    After GE19 most of the money has been spent on London.

Vote Labour, the only party to have actually levelled up this country in the last thirty years.
    Pfft labour always leaves me poorer and I am not rolling in it but live pay check to pay check.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 46,829
    PICTURE QUIZ

Where is this? No googling

• Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

He has done something about it, he has emigrated, whereas you have instructed me to broaden my travel horizons when so far this year I have been to Cape Verde, Sicily and Scilly and you have yet to leave Warrington.
  • Options
    England probably a little fortunate to be level. But they have already had 2 poor first halves in this tournament.
  • Options

kjh said:

Leon said:

kjh said:

Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Leon said:

What arrant nonsense

How often, given the fact such events are *always* caught on camera, and the thousands of hours of video captured every day around the world? It'll be very unusual.
    I believe it is quite common because of the lights. Another one is operating theatres. My wife had to give up any ideas of surgery because of this. On her feet for extended periods in a warm room she was prone to keeling over.
  • Options
    Leon said:

PICTURE QUIZ

N Australia
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,224
    MrEd said:

Chris said:

stodge said:

Evening all :)

I didn't see what happened and it's obviously good to hear Kate McCann is fine.

God knows after the tragic business with her daughter I'm sure we all wish her well.
    Different Kate McCann I think....
    Different humour I think
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    Eabhal said:
    White House stare-out competition stopping him blinking?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

England probably a little fortunate to be level. But they have already had 2 poor first halves in this tournament.

Its OK though as Stokes can chase down any target in the second half of the innings.
  • Options
    Leon said:

PICTURE QUIZ

Looks freshwater (no sea anemones etc), but it is hard to tell if it is an Old World croc or a New World alligator. But it is obvs a zoo so the reptile could be far from home. Gut feeling is something touristy in Thailand.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,187
    DavidL said:

Name on the trophy.
  • Options
    Meade!!
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,097
    Leon said:

PICTURE QUIZ

Channel 5 studio, looking for a different angle for the 25th leadership debate?
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,363
    Pagan2 said:

dixiedean said:

Pandemic (27% | 31%)
    The NHS (20% | 40%)
    Immigration (21% | 30%)
    The Economy (26% | 33%)
    Levelling Up (18% | 38%)

Especially since it's a Conservative flagship policy taken in the area it's supposed to benefit.

Vote Labour, the only party to have actually levelled up this country in the last thirty years.
    Pfft labour always leaves me poorer and I am not rolling in it but live pay check to pay check.
    The money is always spent in London. Was the case when Labour were in power, was the case when the Tories were in power. It's not where the politicians are from, it's where the civil servants are from.
  • Options

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

Cool, so will this be the last time we hear from him? Or will he be back in a few weeks time getting shared by the usual FBPE circlejerk updating us on how much of a challenge Brexit is for his business?
    Why not, given that Brexit is a complete pain in the arse? Think for once, can't you? Normal wine importers deal with wine from n x 10e2 different suppliers. Many will say "foutez-vous en" rather than deal with the new paperwork. So he now has to effectily set up a new company just to deal with the paperwork and crap you so lovingly regard.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,966
    Great to see the fine tradition of BBC English football commentary kept up for the Lionesses.

‘Can’t see how that was a free kick’

‘Oh, ok, it’s pretty clear in the replay’

• Options
    DavidL said:

We thank you for your contribution.
  • Options
    People diss the wimmins football game, but this is every bit as ballsachingly boring as the blokes version.
  • Options
    Chris said:

Leon said:

PICTURE QUIZ

Channel 5 studio, looking for a different angle for the 25th leadership debate?
    Yep. So you can answer questions about Russia but who can handle a crocodile? That’s what the voters want to know.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,823
    Pagan2 said:

Yes, you do know Labour haven't been in Government since 2010....

There will always be a core of people who believe ANY Conservative Government will be better than ANY Labour Government and another core who believe the exact opposite.

Both groups have their representatives on PB - I suspect more of the former than the latter.

• Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

PICTURE QUIZ

N Australia
    That was too easy!

If you haven’t been there hats off for a brilliant guesstimate

It’s crocosaurus in Darwin Oz. They put me in that tank with the world’s largest ‘saltie’ - then they chucked raw meat in to make him lively

Quite the experience
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

People diss the wimmins football game, but this is every bit as ballsachingly boring as the blokes version.

Some dirty play out there as well
  • Options

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

you are on average one of the most articulate and responsive posters on the site, but not when I ask the question: do you sell goods or services to anyone outside the UK?

I wonder why that is.
  • Options
    The Swedes look cooked.
  • Options
    Leon said:

IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

PICTURE QUIZ

N Australia
    That was too easy!

It’s crocosaurus in Darwin Oz. They put me in that tank with the world’s largest ‘saltie’ - then they chucked raw meat in to make him lively

Quite the experience
    It was a guess. Thinking was, there's crocs all over, but you really, really want first world croc cages for your daughters to view them from. Do Not Try This In Africa.
  • Options
    Leon said:

IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

PICTURE QUIZ

N Australia
    That was too easy!

Quite the experience
    Reckon you were safe…vegetarian sharks are extremely rare
  • Options
    Jim_MillerJim_Miller Posts: 2,478
    There are crocodiles in the Americas. Southern Florida is the northern limit of their range. (There are, of course, many more alligators than crocodiles in Florida.)
  • Options

The Swedes look cooked.

Well that’s a Turnip for the books.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,059
    Pagan2 said:

dixiedean said:

Pandemic (27% | 31%)
    The NHS (20% | 40%)
    Immigration (21% | 30%)
    The Economy (26% | 33%)
    Levelling Up (18% | 38%)

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind.
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 4,967

Great to see the fine tradition of BBC English football commentary kept up for the Lionesses.

‘Can’t see how that was a free kick’

‘Oh, ok, it’s pretty clear in the replay’

Good to hear that Kevin Keegan’s back in work.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

PICTURE QUIZ

N Australia
    That was too easy!

Quite the experience
    It was a guess. Thinking was, there's crocs all over, but you really, really want first world croc cages for your daughters to view them from. Do Not Try This In Africa.
    Aussie salt water crocs are the biggest and most aggressive on earth. Quite terrifying
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,267
    Just checked: faintgate is top story on BBC News, The Times, The Telegraph, The Mail, The Sun and even the Independent and the Guardian.

That's amazing coverage for Truss.
  • Options
    Ok this is a really good one. It is absurdly hard but it’s entertaining

Whose house is this and where is it?
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,208
    So hang on - there was ANOTHER debate tonight?
  • Options
    If anyone can guess that without googling and without further clues I will buy them an oyster
  • Options
    carnforthcarnforth Posts: 3,174
    Leon said:

Goldeneye in bad weather?
  • Options
    carnforth said:

Leon said:

Goldeneye in bad weather?

No but right hemisphere
  • Options
    LennonLennon Posts: 1,729
    Leon said:

Totally random guess - but is it where Napolean was sent on St Helena? Atlantic fog and on a hill?
  • Options
    Most of us will have heard of the inhabitant of that house (maybe all?) and I imagine a similar proportion will have heard of its quite famous location
  • Options
    Lennon said:

Leon said:

Totally random guess - but is it where Napolean was sent on St Helena? Atlantic fog and on a hill?

No
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62311410

'Flashy' NYC bishop robbed of $1m in jewellery during live sermon

Let's all laugh at Christians
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,208
    Leon said:

If anyone can guess that without googling and without further clues I will buy them an oyster

Oyster? I haven't used an Oyster since I first got a contactless bank card in 2015.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Che Guevaras pad
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,244
    Leon said:

Lennon said:

Leon said:

No
    Pol Pot’s retirement home?
  • Options

Leon said:

Che Guevaras pad
    Oooh. Much nearer. Wrong, but a great guess
  • Options
    Another entry in the file that the police are wankers and the Met needs disbanding.

Five children are being strip searched by Met Police officers every week without even being arrested first.

Data obtained by LBC shows 799 children aged between 10 and 17 were strip-searched whilst not in custody, from 2019 to 2021.

The vast majority were for suspected drugs offences, and in just under half of the cases there was no outcome or arrest.

The figures also expose huge racial disparities; more than half of the children strip-searched were black (436), three-quarters of them were from ethnically diverse backgrounds (607), while only one in five (179) were white.

Scotland Yard sparked national outrage after news emerged earlier this year of a 15-year-old black school girl from Hackney, known as Child Q, being strip-searched, without having been first arrested for any crime.

The searches of 10 other children have also been referred to the police watchdog to investigate.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/met-strip-search-five-children-every-week/
  • Options
    Cookie said:

Pagan2 said:

dixiedean said:

Pandemic (27% | 31%)
    The NHS (20% | 40%)
    Immigration (21% | 30%)
    The Economy (26% | 33%)
    Levelling Up (18% | 38%)

The money is always spent in London. Was the case when Labour were in power, was the case when the Tories were in power. It's not where the politicians are from, it's where the civil servants are from.
    Shrugs been through two labour governments they always fucked me. Been through a few conservative ones sometimes got better off sometime fucked as well. CHB can do one with his levelling up spiel the only thing in anyones experience if you arent public sector or a benefits junkie is to level everyone down. They are the anti midas of political parties turning gold into shit
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Che Guevaras pad
    Escobar
  • Options
    carnforthcarnforth Posts: 3,174
    edited July 2022
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Che Guevaras pad
    Hemingway, then?
  • Options
    moonshine said:

Leon said:

Lennon said:

Leon said:

No
    Pol Pot’s retirement home?
    No, tho I have been there (to Pol Pot's last house)
  • Options

Leon said:

Oyster? I haven't used an Oyster since I first got a contactless bank card in 2015.
    I bought one on a whim 4 years ago, always wanted one because James Bond. It has not, to put it mildly, depreciated.
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,524
    Leon said:

PICTURE QUIZ

Brighton Sea Life Centre?
  • Options
    moonshine said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Che Guevaras pad
    Escobar
    No
  • Options
    carnforth said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Che Guevaras pad
    Hemingway, then?
    No

OK hold on I will give everyone a clue
  • Options
    stodge said:

Pagan2 said:

There will always be a core of people who believe ANY Conservative Government will be better than ANY Labour Government and another core who believe the exact opposite.

Both groups have their representatives on PB - I suspect more of the former than the latter.

The blair years left me on 60% down compared to inflation at the time by the time of 2007 so cutting out the gfc. Tories governements at least sometimes but not always at least let me keep up more with inflation.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Che Guevaras pad
    Hmmmm, its got a Guyana feel
    Jim Jones
  • Options

Leon said:

Leon said:

Che Guevaras pad
    Jim Jones
    No....
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Che Guevaras pad
    Jim Jones
    No....
    Waco
  • Options
    Here’s a chunky clue

The house is about 500m from THIS

• Options
    DriverDriver Posts: 4,522

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1551990768092454912

"I am Kamala Harris, my pronouns are she and her, and I am a woman sitting at the table wearing a blue suit."

Must be an old clip, surely, since they're all wearing masks?
  • Options
    moonshine said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Che Guevaras pad
    Jim Jones
    No....
    Waco
    David Koresh if so?
  • Options
    Peter_the_PunterPeter_the_Punter Posts: 13,288
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Che Guevaras pad
    For some reason I'm thinking of Aleister Crowley and Sicily. How far out?
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

stodge said:

Pagan2 said:

The blair years left me on 60% down compared to inflation at the time by the time of 2007 so cutting out the gfc. Tories governements at least sometimes but not always at least let me keep up more with inflation.
    In my view the labour party want minimum wage to catch up with most of the country so we are all beholden to government largess....tories arent much better mind
  • Options

Leon said:

Leon said:

Che Guevaras pad
    Trillion miles
  • Options

Leon said:

Leon said:

Che Guevaras pad
    No. Bin there and it ain't that.
  • Options
    EabhalEabhal Posts: 5,881
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Che Guevaras pad
    Trillion miles
    Bolivia
  • Options
    Eabhal said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Che Guevaras pad
    Trillion miles
    Bolivia
    Yeah looks like the coroico death road doesn’t it
  • Options
    Noriega
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,524
    Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

stodge said:

Pagan2 said:

In my view the labour party want minimum wage to catch up with most of the country so we are all beholden to government largess....tories arent much better mind
    Tell you what, why don't you just vote Tory and have done with it? I don't think Labour were expecting your vote, somehow.
This discussion has been closed.