Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Durham police say Starmer’s “No case to answer” over Beergate – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,683
edited July 2022 in General
Durham police say Starmer’s “No case to answer” over Beergate – politicalbetting.com

Breaking: "No case to answer." https://t.co/kH0rzdaZBb

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Irrelevant footnote now
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    OH SIR BEER KORMA !
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,200
    Irrelevant but if I were Sunak I would be spitting tacks. He turns up for a work meeting and ends up with a FPN. Starmer at a work event no FPN (correctly).

Far more events at No 10 seemingly should have been fined.

The whole thing stinks, but its time to forget it.
  • Options
    SKS USP was being all forensic on Johnson's ass. It didn't work for 18 months then it worked a bit until partygate was blunted by beergate and then it didn't work so well. Now what is there for it to work on? He is unlikely to get another PM with as much to forensicate about as Johnson. His reaction yesterday was by all accounts pure damp squib. What is he for?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    Covid cases soar by another FIFTH in a week with 2.7MILLION Britons infected

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10994915/Covid-cases-soar-FIFTH-week-2-7MILLION-Britons-infected.html
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,304
    It is indeed a footnote but is one (more) reason why I won't be buying BoJo's memoirs.

"And then we made these rules which were designed to prevent people meeting and you'll never guess what but the Leader of the Opposition (NOTE TO NORTH AMERICAN READERS PLEASE SEE GLOSSARY) only went and had a beer and a curry well I never...."

etc, etc
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,196
    IshmaelZ said:

Irrelevant footnote now

Who? Sir Beer.

• Options
    NorthofStokeNorthofStoke Posts: 1,758
    IshmaelZ said:

Irrelevant footnote now

Not so, it means SKS versus new Tory PM at the GE. Slight plus for Tories? Will also feed the anti-establishment grudge merchants I fear.
  • Options
    billben74billben74 Posts: 1
    Irrelevant to what...yes sure if you mean about the general electon...but it has been reported that focus groups have shown that most people still don't know Starmer/Rayner have put their job on the line, but when they find out they are impressed....
    So
    a) If Sunak becomes PM there is the obvious comparison
    b) It can still be used on the doorstep to show Starmer's integrity
  • Options
    Explosives found at shooting suspect's home

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-62089486
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,847
    The video of disappointed Boris voters in the red wall posted on the last thread by MickG or whatever his name is, was very very interesting.

The media / Tories / establishment have removed “their Boris”, who they voted for “knowing full well he made mistakes, like all of us”.

They do have a point.
  • Options

Keir Starmer has played with fire - and won.

I think he is a far better politician than many would give him credit for. As I have said before, he has single handedly destroyed Corbynism and the left from inside.

I also suspect that his 'I will stand down if fined' stance helped clarify the minds of the Durham police.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Irrelevant but if I were Sunak I would be spitting tacks. He turns up for a work meeting and ends up with a FPN. Starmer at a work event no FPN (correctly).

i. He accepted the fine.
    ii. Didn't lie about it in parliament
    iii. It was clearly Boris' fault inviting to the meeting.
    iv. The fine was a bit harsh.
    v. I doubt most of the public even know he got a fine (All the focus on Boris)

Many things might kill his leadership chances (Non Dom, immense wealth, tax raises whilst chancellor) but this isn't one of them.
  • Options

I think he is a far better politician than many would give him credit for. As I have said before, he has single handedly destroyed Corbynism and the left from inside.

He was also happy to serve under Corbyn too - accepting perhaps the need to progress his career even if not agreeing with the leadership.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Personally I want SKS to go, as I think he is an obstacle to a progressive win at the next election.

However to go because he had the “wrong korma” according to James Delingpole’s son, makes no sense whatsoever.
  • Options
    FairlieredFairliered Posts: 3,988
    I hope he celebrates tonight - with a beer and a korma!
  • Options

He was also happy to serve under Corbyn too - accepting perhaps the need to progress his career even if not agreeing with the leadership.
    If he had not done that, he would not have been elected and would not have been able to destroy Corbyn and his chums.

He's been playing this game for many years.

I am told he is "delighted" today.
  • Options

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10994915/Covid-cases-soar-FIFTH-week-2-7MILLION-Britons-infected.html

There's a lot of it about. If you are vulnerable now is a good time to be prudent. And I'd suggest taking care if friends/colleagues say they have tested and the heavy cold is not covid - seems to only show on lateral flow a few days after onset of symptoms.
  • Options
    I like beer

I like korma
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

Irrelevant footnote now

Not so, it means SKS versus new Tory PM at the GE. Slight plus for Tories? Will also feed the anti-establishment grudge merchants I fear.
    Now Johnson has gone (has he gone?) all his potential replacements (except Baker) are top drawer establishment figures irrespective of gender, race, religion or background. Johnson was the only working class boy in the Party.
  • Options

Get over it. Serving under someone is not the be-all and end-all.

Politics is the art of the possible.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

Personally I want SKS to go, as I think he is an obstacle to a progressive win at the next election.

However to go because he had the “wrong korma” according to James Delingpole’s son, makes no sense whatsoever.

It was a smokescreen designed to save big dog. Quite rightly it did not work. What was depressing was how many sensible people went along with it.
  • Options

The video of disappointed Boris voters in the red wall posted on the last thread by MickG or whatever his name is, was very very interesting.

The media / Tories / establishment have removed “their Boris”, who they voted for “knowing full well he made mistakes, like all of us”.

They do have a point.

I think turnout in those seats will be depressingly low next time around.
  • Options

They do have a point.

Exactly. KevB pointed this out, everyone mocked him and whether he is a computer bank in Moscow or some bloke in his undies posting from his mother's basement it is a very good point.
  • Options

If he had not done that, he would not have been elected and would not have been able to destroy Corbyn and his chums.

He's been playing this game for many years.

I am told he is "delighted" today.
    Yes - that was my point really. He does however face a new challenge now. Depending on who the Tories choose, if its not a complete loon, the easy job of opposing the idiot is over. I think the dial has shifted back to hung parliament again, whereas I was starting to think Labour majority. But it does depend on who wins the leadership.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,444

Lockdown now!

Surprised Cosplay SAGE aren’t all over the news.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

i. He accepted the fine.

Many things might kill his leadership chances (Non Dom, immense wealth, tax raises whilst chancellor) but this isn't one of them.
    Wasn't really talking about the leadership - I think the other things you've listed are far more detrimental. Its more the fairness of it. A bit like my speeding ticket at 27 mph in a 20 zone (which is only 200 yards long) while on the motorways right now thousands are driving over 80 mph.
  • Options

None of the current Tory runners and riders have soiled themselves by serving under the humiliated and discredited Johnson have they? Oh wait... just one.
  • Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775

They do have a point.

Naan of the above
  • Options
    R4 WATO digging up Lebedev now.
  • Options

Maybe I'm not being clear - I'm suggesting he did the right thing. We all have to swallow our principles sometimes.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

They do have a point.

Exactly. KevB pointed this out, everyone mocked him and whether he is a computer bank in Moscow or some bloke in his undies posting from his mother's basement it is a very good point.
    It’s uncomfortable for me.
    I hate Boris, and am glad to see him go.
    I think it is right that he goes, chiefly for repeated lying to his colleagues, the House, and the country.

But those redwallers know he’s a liar.
    And they don’t care; from their perspective it’s part of the game. What’s important to them is that he was on their side, somehow. And now he’s gone, taken down by the same old forces the redwallers were voting against.

• Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,067

Lockdown now!

Eric Feigl-Ding has moved on to fear-mongering about monkeypox.

https://www.twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1545127543103258625
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,718

I guess that argument applies to all the aspiring PMs who were happy to serve under Boris.
  • Options

Lockdown now!

Is he a gay man who frequents mass orgies? Because that was where this latest outbreak started. Something not really reported in the media, but definitely in the UKHSA reports.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,750
    TOPPING said:

They do have a point.

I don't like pile ons, but I also don't like martyring people either (or pretending someone who was piled on for one thing is the only one who called X right, even if others had said it too, but that's a different matter).

Snippets have been posted of people who were upset, many comments have been made and discussed in the past around how much personal appeal Boris has, particularly in the red wall, and whether someone else has any possibility of matching that genuine appeal.

I remember because I recall yelling at HYUFD about the point - not at the principle that people will be disappointed, but whether it is irreversible.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

i. He accepted the fine.

Wasn't really talking about the leadership - I think the other things you've listed are far more detrimental. Its more the fairness of it. A bit like my speeding ticket at 27 mph in a 20 zone (which is only 200 yards long) while on the motorways right now thousands are driving over 80 mph.
    Life isn't completely fair though, I'm sure Sunak will live.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

They do have a point.

I think it is right that he goes, chiefly for repeated lying to his colleagues, the House, and the country.

And they don’t care; from their perspective it’s part of the game. What’s important to them is that he was on their side, somehow. And now he’s gone, taken down by the same old forces the redwallers were voting against.

Perhaps the argument is that they know he is a liar, but think ALL politicians are liars, and that Johnson was their liar?
  • Options
    Farooq said:

They do have a point.

Naan of the above
    The candidates must try to curry favour with the voters.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,109
    edited July 2022

Wait till you hear how many of the current Tory leadership crop were happy-nay, tumescent!-to serve under a FLSOJ.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

i. He accepted the fine.

Life isn't completely fair though, I'm sure Sunak will live.
    Oh yes, his immense wealth etc. But the law should be equal for all, and this one just seemed odd.
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Breaking: Durham police decide NO FINES over beergate. Keir and Rayner in the clear.

https://twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/1545370059815649280

Enough excitement for one week….

Called it. It was obvious from the start.
    Yeah it was so partisan, idiots not realising the rules were different in April 2021 to most of 2020.
    Well, on the night Starmer was having a curry and a beer indoors, I was getting told off for talking to a friend in a pub car park.
    The Rozzers not knowing the rules, well colour me stunned.

Not by police, but by pub staff. Perhaps they got it wrong, but you had to be sat down at a table in the garden or something.

Utter bollocks, of course, but Starmer voted for that bollocks.
    You are absolutely right TLG, what a mess the rules were “you are a criminal unless you have a pork pie with that” “you are a criminal if you take that mask off on this windswept station platform where you are on your own - but come into this little cafe behind you where we are crammed in having a party, and you can take it off.”

I guess at end of day Starmer wasn’t actually in government inventing this at the time.

PS are you the resident Arsenal fan? Are you watching the game later on the app like my other half is? Is Partey back for tonight? Unless Arteta gets some defensive midfielders in who can protect that defence, they are going down aren’t they? 100 goal target achieved - 200 goals conceded 🙂
  • Options

TOPPING said:

They do have a point.

Perhaps the argument is that they know he is a liar, but think ALL politicians are liars, and that Johnson was their liar?
    That’s what I’m trying to say, yes.
    As others have suggested, they will respond by simply (returning to) not voting.
  • Options
    So the Tories have gotten rid of BJ, and Labour are keeping SKS?

Does that mean the odds of Con Overall Majority should be shortening?
  • Options

Korma for Labour, Karma for the Tories.

Klarna for BJ when paying for stuff until he gets his MASSIVE payday after people buy his must read lies.
  • Options
    Jim_MillerJim_Miller Posts: 2,505
    Here's a lighter question for you all: What else should Sir Keir be eating and drinking in public to show his common touch? The beer seems right, but I am not sure what else. Fish and chips? A big Mac? Scotch eggs?

Was the curry a good choice?

(Back in the 1950's Nelson Rockefeller became known for eating ethnic foods. It didn't hurt him with the public though, as I recall, it did lead Bob Dylan to mock him.)
  • Options

Boris scandals get worse. Lebedev will be huge.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,636

Pulpstar said:

i. He accepted the fine.

Speeding on a motorway isn't very dangerous compared to speeding in a built-up area.
  • Options

Because inflation is under control and energy prices are stable, and Sunak's fiscal policy has been based strictly on affordability they will have no problems in cutting taxes and increasing health, education and defence spending. A walk in the park.
  • Options

Here's a lighter question for you all: What else should Sir Keir be eating and drinking in public to show his common touch? The beer seems right, but I am not sure what else. Fish and chips? A big Mac? Scotch eggs?

(Back in the 1950's Nelson Rockefeller became known for eating ethnic foods. It didn't hurt him with the public though, as I recall, it did lead Bob Dylan to mock him.)

Keir is a self-appointed member of the London liberal classes, and a great example of social mobility.

He just needs to be “himself”. Voters know when politicians aren’t being genuine.

Having said that, I’ve no idea what Keir’s interests are outside politics. Does he have any?
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,282

They do have a point.

If any of us or any of them had lied so continually and behaved so badly, where would it have got us?

• Options

Pulpstar said:

i. He accepted the fine.

A 200 yard 20 zone is presumably a school or similar?

What's more deadly, speeding in a residential or school area where young children might step onto the road, or doing 80 on the motorway?
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

They do have a point.

If any of us or any of them had lied so continually and behaved so badly, where would it have got us?

You are mistaking me for someone who will defend Boris.

I’m trying to point out that from the frame of reference of those red-wallers, it kind of makes sense. As @turbotubbs put it, “They all lie; but he’s our liar”.

• Options

IanB2 said:

They do have a point.

I’m trying to point out that from the frame of reference of those red-wallers, it kind of makes sense. As @turbotubbs put it, “They all lie; but he’s our liar”.

Which is what many of the MAGA lot think and say.

What of it?
  • Options

Lockdown now!

Wait until he hears about this...

Outbreak of highly contagious Ebola-like virus a ‘serious concern’
    Ghana reports two cases of Marburg for the first time, a haemorrhagic fever with a death rate of up to 88 per cent

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/outbreak-highly-contagious-ebola-like-virus-serious-concern/
  • Options

Folk here would probably look at you a bit oddly if you described curry as ethnic food.

This is apparently our national dish.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/what-is-the-national-dish-of-england.html
  • Options

Johnson hasn't gone yet. I'm backing Cummings' analysis. Johnson is convinced something turns up which allows him to continue as PM.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,981

TOPPING said:

They do have a point.

I suspect those people have voted twice in the last 15+ years,

Once in the referendum, and again in 2019. If they have voted at other times their vote would have been wasted as a UKIP vote isn't worth the paper the cross is on as UKIP got no seats.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,405
    rcs1000 said:

Applicant said:

TOPPING said:

rcs1000 said:

KevinB said:

Watch this video of red wall voters. The conservatives should be very afraid

https://twitter.com/CatharineHoey/status/1545334146507198464?s=20&t=ucP2Ei8Vp5zHlfnoQC5maw

Kevin (aka Mick).

Please acknowledge my email, or I will be forced to wave the ban hammer.
    Who is/was MickTrain?
    Another Russian troll from a couple of weeks ago (or, apparently, the same one).
    You know: Russian trolls would last a lot longer on here if they actually used genuine email addresses.
    Полностью согласен, товарищ комиссар
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,636
    edited July 2022
    Penny Mourdant is a lot more Woke than I'd previously realised. Whether than has a serious impact on her leadership chances remains to be seen.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/penny-mordaunt-is-wrong-to-repeat-the-trans-allies-mantra
  • Options
    UnpopularUnpopular Posts: 782

Johnson hasn't gone yet. I'm backing Cummings' analysis. Johnson is convinced something turns up which allows him to continue as PM.
    Or he induces it.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

They do have a point.

Can we dispute these Boris done okay facts?

delivering Brexit from total grid lock, politics, government, country was paralysed by Brexit grid lock before he was PM.
    delivering First country out a Global Pandemic. Despite everything, at least they got the vaccine programme right.
    ensuring UK is leading supporter of Ukraine in a major European Land War. Other countries just didn’t get how vital resisting Putin’s colonialism is to keep all Europe safe from it in future.
    and now sorting out world cost of living crisis impacting here in the UK with economic reset and giving people back their own money to be able to help themselves and their families? Or would be if not removed by his parliamentary party.

And can we dispute that when it worked, he did actually have charm and appeal on voters, so was an electoral asset? Say in contrast with May who couldn’t convince voters to follow her, Boris picked up votes from across the voting spectrum and outside it for being Boris, this charismatic politician with unique and persuasive “can do” persona in order to sell the great change for better once we have Brexited and change for the better once levelling up completed.

I am convinced Boris is a hard act to follow as firstly I doubt any successor can match those vote winning qualities Boris had.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

They do have a point.

There is that, or maybe they follow the to make an omelette you must break a few eggs line.
  • Options

I don't think it was analysis so much as impatience. The Tory party leadership is vacant, and the only legitimate route back for the liar king is to stand. Which he won't. Once there is a new official Tory party leader, he will be removed were he stupid enough to try to stay.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,067

Folk here would probably look at you a bit oddly if you described curry as ethnic food.

Our national dish of England?
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,993
    Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

i. He accepted the fine.

Speeding on a motorway isn't very dangerous compared to speeding in a built-up area.
    As a telematics auto insurance guy, I strongly concur.

Driving at 85 on an empty motorway on a sunny day is some of the safest driving you can do.

By contrast, you can just be doing the speed limit in a built up area, but if the conditions are terrible that might be a very dangerous speed.

Context matters.
  • Options

Lockdown now!

Monoliths for @MoonRabbit, incoming....
  • Options

Neither London Bridge nor WWIII allow him to continue. WWIII probably means Wallace pulls out the race (If he even enters) to focus on defense, and London Bridge might delay his depature by a few days but I'm struggling to see what might 'turn up' to allow Boris to continue.
  • Options
    Wulfrun_PhilWulfrun_Phil Posts: 4,601

No, it was about being in a position to take out continuity Corbynism when the time came. What choice did he have? Those outspokenly denouncing Corbyn from the outside were never going to have been in a position to challenge when Corbyn resigned. Also, Starmer had already had a fine career and stepping back from DPP to take up the position of a lowly backbench MP hardly suggests someone mainly motivated by personal gain and advancement.

• Options

Curry is our national dish, isn't it?
  • Options
    ApplicantApplicant Posts: 3,379

They do have a point.

Only if neither party has a leader that inspires.

After today, Labour are locked in with one who doesn't.
  • Options
    ohnotnowohnotnow Posts: 2,934

There's a lot of it about. If you are vulnerable now is a good time to be prudent. And I'd suggest taking care if friends/colleagues say they have tested and the heavy cold is not covid - seems to only show on lateral flow a few days after onset of symptoms.
    Two folk at my work are down with it for the second time in just a month. Both had cold-like symptoms and thought 'no - surely not again so soon' then tested positive a day or two later. One of them is proper knocked out for a second time too.

Some of my optimism about all this is wearing a little thin.
  • Options

Lockdown now!

Monoliths for @MoonRabbit, incoming....
    Excellent. I can do with a few cocktails. 🍸
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Pulpstar said:

Neither London Bridge nor WWIII allow him to continue. WWIII probably means Wallace pulls out the race (If he even enters) to focus on defense, and London Bridge might delay his depature by a few days but I'm struggling to see what might 'turn up' to allow Boris to continue.
    A Russian nuclear drop on London might do it
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

IanB2 said:

They do have a point.

Which is what many of the MAGA lot think and say.

What of it?
    Its what almost everyone thinks.

Remember when David Cameron outright lied about how he'd stay and invoke Article 50 if we voted Leave and he immediately resigned instead? There were numerous defences here at the time of "well of course he lied, if he told the truth that would have been bad for the campaign".

Not only were people prepared to defend lies, they were prepared to defend politicians lying deliberately in order to swing votes.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,970

Keir is a self-appointed member of the London liberal classes, and a great example of social mobility.

He just needs to be “himself”. Voters know when politicians aren’t being genuine.

Having said that, I’ve no idea what Keir’s interests are outside politics. Does he have any?
    He's an Arsenal fan like Jezza.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

For the British nationalists among us. I think it likely originating in Glasgow will commend Chicken Tikka Masala to them.

'Chicken tikka masala is not only a popular dish in England but the whole of the United Kingdom'
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Boris scandals get worse. Lebedev will be huge.
    On the day Starmer and Rayner are declared not- guilty the media interest in the Conservatives latest Profumo level scandal begins to stir.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Breaking: Durham police decide NO FINES over beergate. Keir and Rayner in the clear.

https://twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/1545370059815649280

Enough excitement for one week….

Called it. It was obvious from the start.
    Yeah it was so partisan, idiots not realising the rules were different in April 2021 to most of 2020.
    Well, on the night Starmer was having a curry and a beer indoors, I was getting told off for talking to a friend in a pub car park.
    The Rozzers not knowing the rules, well colour me stunned.

Not by police, but by pub staff. Perhaps they got it wrong, but you had to be sat down at a table in the garden or something.

Utter bollocks, of course, but Starmer voted for that bollocks.
    You are absolutely right TLG, what a mess the rules were “you are a criminal unless you have a pork pie with that” “you are a criminal if you take that mask off on this windswept station platform where you are on your own - but come into this little cafe behind you where we are crammed in having a party, and you can take it off.”

I guess at end of day Starmer wasn’t actually in government inventing this at the time.

PS are you the resident Arsenal fan? Are you watching the game later on the app like my other half is? Is Partey back for tonight? Unless Arteta gets some defensive midfielders in who can protect that defence, they are going down aren’t they? 100 goal target achieved - 200 goals conceded 🙂
    Labour's behaviour at the back end of the pandemic really annoyed me. Virtue signalling with masks in the Commons yet doing what they liked when they thought no one was watching.

I am an Arsenal fan, but I don't pay attention to pre-season. I hope Partey is back. He was really good at times last season and was missed at the end of the season.

It was also put my mind at rest regarding the 29 year old who's been arrested. I really hope the racists on Twitter don't turn out to be right.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

He's an Arsenal fan like Jezza.
    Perhaps he'd better downplay that.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    IanB2 said:

Pulpstar said:

Betfair would probably suspend the next PM and Tory leader markets if that happened, the spoilsports.
  • Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,114

Curries as served in most 'Indian' restaurants are definitely not 'ethnic food' as they have been engineered to appeal to the British palate and often bear limited resemblance to food served on the subcontinent. A korma is as British as fish and chips (another relatively recent innovation brought here by immigrants).
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Pulpstar said:

Only if he is at Chequers.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Penny Mourdant is a lot more Woke than I'd previously realised. Whether than has a serious impact on her leadership chances remains to be seen.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/penny-mordaunt-is-wrong-to-repeat-the-trans-allies-mantra

So she is a competent defence expert on the verge of a World War but she must be discounted because she is open minded on the subject of cocks in frocks.
  • Options
    bigglesbiggles Posts: 4,340
    IanB2 said:

They do have a point.

Number 10?

• Options

For the British nationalists among us. I think it likely originating in Glasgow will commend Chicken Tikka Masala to them.

'Chicken tikka masala is not only a popular dish in England but the whole of the United Kingdom'
    According to my Indian friends, British Curry is a definite, distinct thing from Indian Curry. They seem divided on whether it is a bad thing - some think the good stuff has interesting idea
  • Options

IanB2 said:

Pulpstar said:

Only if he is at Chequers.
    I'm pretty sure Chequers is a high priority target
  • Options
    The Lebedev stuff may be bad enough to justify Boris’s immediate departure.
  • Options
    The Tories now know who they are facing at next GE. Might influence who wins the leadership election?
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,817

Korma for Labour, Karma for the Tories.

LOL!
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,006
    So Starmer survives to lead Labour at the next general election.

However I find it somewhat odd that he and Rayner avoided a fine by police but both Johnson and Sunak were fined by police
  • Options

It bloody well ought to be. But there's silence from some people who would be chewing through their own arms over it if a Labour PM had done this.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,006
    Pulpstar said:

WW3 means Wallace PM by coronation as by far the best war leader we would have
  • Options
    bigglesbiggles Posts: 4,340

I sort of agree, in the sense that, along with everything else going on the 1922 will be pressured into a quick series of ballots and the final two pressured into doing a deal.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

So she is a competent defence expert on the verge of a World War but she must be discounted because she is open minded on the subject of cocks in frocks.
    On the defence aspect - it seems that the very concept of transgender causes Russian Ultranationalists to lose their minds.

So a surely a unit of transgender soldiers would be an effective military asset? Nothing like making the enemies heads explode.....
This discussion has been closed.