Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Johnson Premiership – Are we seeing the end days? – politicalbetting.com

123457»

Comments

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,725
    Boris Johnson Premiership - 2 years 346 days and counting

Theresa May Premiership - 3 years 11 days.

He should manage to get past that without a mass resignation and coronation.
  • Options
    HeathenerHeathener Posts: 5,258
    Well done Sajid Javid. Should have done it weeks ago but at least one of them is prepared to stand up and be counted
  • Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,768
    Presumably Javid will be replaced by Michael Fabricant
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,977
    Sunak now gone
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,540
    HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

I have spoken to the Prime Minister to tender my resignation as Secretary of State for Health & Social Care.

It has been an enormous privilege to serve in this role, but I regret that I can no longer continue in good conscience. https://twitter.com/sajidjavid/status/1544366218789937152/photo/1

Probably looking terminal now for
    Johnson
    Not necessarily, Javid stood against Johnson for the leadership in 2019 and was a Remainer
    'Tis but a flesh wound.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,986
    Nigelb said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

I have spoken to the Prime Minister to tender my resignation as Secretary of State for Health & Social Care.

It has been an enormous privilege to serve in this role, but I regret that I can no longer continue in good conscience. https://twitter.com/sajidjavid/status/1544366218789937152/photo/1

Johnson
    Not necessarily, Javid stood against Johnson for the leadership in 2019 and was a Remainer
    Still peddling the 'but a Remainer' shit, I see.
    Time for you, and the country to move on from the obsession with something that's long since done.
    It is not done, for the Brexit voting core of the Tory Party they fear a replacement leader will move to a closer alignment with the EU and the membership get the final say on that next leader
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,186
    Heathener said:

So does Javid get to make a speech before PMQ's tomorrow? Like Geoffrey Howe?!

Does the House of Commons fridge function at 40c?
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,594
    RH1992 said:
    Good way to dodge the car crash that will be the NHS crisis this autumn.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,541

NEW: Boris Johnson says it was "a mistake" appointing Chris Pincher to his government: "in hindsight it was the wrong thing to do...

LOL
    https://twitter.com/RhonddaBryant/status/1544366257763483650
    Who’s captain hindsight now?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Johnson
    It's over @HYUFD

Absolutely delighted
    Corbyn survived frequent resignations
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,186
    Spare a thought for Cummings. If his arch hate Javid brings Johnson down when he couldn't, he may actually explode at his own impotence.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,202
    RH1992 said:
    A GS alumni being pipped at the post by a DB banker. The shame!
  • Options
    RH1992 said:
    Even then not necessarily fatal, Sunak is now clearly on the left of the party
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Wow!! Ex-minister Nick Gibb suggests that, as in the US, “you worry whether democracy is safe”.....as he calls the Cabinet to bring down the PM

“We have to make sure that doesn’t happen in this country. We have to get rid of the rot in our political system” - tells R4

https://twitter.com/Rob_Merrick/status/1544355683142877186

When was the general election Johnson lost, I must have missed it? He was elected in 2019 for a 5 year term.

There is no comparison whatsoever to Trump's actions after he lost the 2020 US election. Johnson haters are just going loony now
    Grow some morals and a spine.
    It doesn't matter who leads the Tories, you will still whinge because we have a Tory government.

It manifestly does matter who leads the conservative party, and Johnson is so toxic he is destroying the party single handedly and you as his cheerleader
    How many on here currently voting Labour or LD would switch to the Tories if led by Wallace or Truss or Mordaunt, Boris' likely replacements now if he goes? Barely any I suggest. So replacing Johnson is largely irrelevant to the Tories prospects
    That's not the test is it? I currently propose to vote LD, might switch back for mordaunt or Wallace plus a new local replacement for phatboi Cox.
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,731
    He’ll be gone tonight.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Wow!! Ex-minister Nick Gibb suggests that, as in the US, “you worry whether democracy is safe”.....as he calls the Cabinet to bring down the PM

“We have to make sure that doesn’t happen in this country. We have to get rid of the rot in our political system” - tells R4

When was the general election Johnson lost, I must have missed it? He was elected in 2019 for a 5 year term.

There is no comparison whatsoever to Trump's actions after he lost the 2020 US election. Johnson haters are just going loony now
    It doesn't matter who leads the Tories, you will still whinge because we have a Tory government.

It manifestly does matter who leads the conservative party, and Johnson is so toxic he is destroying the party single handedly and you as his cheerleader
    How many on here currently voting Labour or LD would switch to the Tories if led by Wallace or Truss or Mordaunt, Boris' likely replacements now if he goes? Barely any I suggest. So replacing Johnson is largely irrelevant to the Tories prospects
    That's not the test is it? I currently propose to vote LD, might switch back for mordaunt or Wallace plus a new local replacement for phatboi Cox.
    Might, not will. I highly doubt it given your generally anti Tory posts
  • Options
    ping said:

He’ll be gone tonight.

He won't, he is as stubborn as Corbyn and Trump, he will force his opponents to vote him out if they want to remove him
  • Options
    TimSTimS Posts: 9,598
    RH1992 said:
    Poor old Rishi already lost the game theory exercise to Sajid.
  • Options
    If coordinated then presumably Truss goes in a few minutes...
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    HYUFD said:

RH1992 said:
    Even then not necessarily fatal, Sunak is now clearly on the left of the party
    But a flesh wound

That is a killer letter. Nothing about Pincher and lying, exclusively says you can't be trusted with economy

Actum est de puero pinguido
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,962
    New thread.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

ping said:

He’ll be gone tonight.

He won't, he is as stubborn as Corbyn and Trump, he will force his opponents to vote him out if they want to remove him
    I reckon this. His ego will mean he clings on in the bunker
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,594
    RH1992 said:
    Good way to dodge the car crash of the economy this autumn...
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,973
    On the railways: Class 66 Derby County tried to emulate its namesake this morning, and crashed near Doncaster. It tried to get frisky with the freight train in front, which shed its load all over it.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,176
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Scale of defeat I think. That’s why. And the right thing to do.
  • Options
    SeaShantyIrish2SeaShantyIrish2 Posts: 15,561
    Is Carrie Boris's Delilah?

Tom Jones "Delilah" on The Ed Sullivan Show
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIIU9xkGAMs

Way back in my misspent youth, used to mow lawns to make a little money. My customers included the Presbyterian minister & his wife who lived a few houses from mine. They were a very nice, quiet, older couple, in their 60s when I knew them.

One day the pastor's wife declared to me (why I have no clue) her epic, overwhelming passion for Tom Jones.

Which embarrassed, repelled and fascinated my (then) innocent self, in roughly equal degrees.

• Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Scale of defeat I think. That’s why. And the
    right thing to do.
    This. No idea what planet HFUYD is in, but it is the difference between total wipeout and living to fight another day
  • Options
    SeaShantyIrish2SeaShantyIrish2 Posts: 15,561
    NEW THREAD
  • Options
    StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    edited July 2022
    Savanta ComRes

Lab 41%
    Con 32%
    LD 11%
    SNP 4%
    Ref 4%