Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Johnson Premiership – Are we seeing the end days? – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,934
    edited July 2022
    The next 15 minutes are surely optimum shaft the dog minutes for cabinet?
    Gove incoming.........(hopefully)
  • Options
    FairlieredFairliered Posts: 3,988
    Boris getting his balls squeezed by Pincher. Now he knows how his colleagues feel.
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,977
    How does Boris promise yet another “I’ll change” line and expect people to believe it( (I mean, I can understand Nadine and Jacob falling for it but for others…)
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,779

How does Boris promise yet another “I’ll change” line and expect people to believe it( (I mean, I can understand Nadine and Jacob falling for it but for others…)

I'm pretty sure he's said 'I won't change'.
  • Options
    SeaShantyIrish2SeaShantyIrish2 Posts: 15,580
    Leon: Joe Rogan has a new theory (and his opinion is as good as any. . .). . .

SSI - You must REALLY have enjoyed your lunch!
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,229
    HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Wow!! Ex-minister Nick Gibb suggests that, as in the US, “you worry whether democracy is safe”.....as he calls the Cabinet to bring down the PM

“We have to make sure that doesn’t happen in this country. We have to get rid of the rot in our political system” - tells R4

https://twitter.com/Rob_Merrick/status/1544355683142877186

When was the general election Johnson lost, I must have missed it? He was elected in 2019 for a 5 year term.

There is no comparison whatsoever to Trump's actions after he lost the 2020 US election. Johnson haters are just going loony now
    Grow some morals and a spine.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Wow!! Ex-minister Nick Gibb suggests that, as in the US, “you worry whether democracy is safe”.....as he calls the Cabinet to bring down the PM

“We have to make sure that doesn’t happen in this country. We have to get rid of the rot in our political system” - tells R4

When was the general election Johnson lost, I must have missed it? He was elected in 2019 for a 5 year term.

There is no comparison whatsoever to Trump's actions after he lost the 2020 US election. Johnson haters are just going loony now
    Haters of lies, deceit and corruption actually. And coming to their senses.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,945
    Omnium said:

Omnium said:

Omnium said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

As we wait for Boris to do the honourable thing....

the UAP/UFO story rumbles on, as mystifying as ever

"In April 2014, four naval aviators narrowly escaped disaster. Just as they entered highly controlled airspace for a training exercise, their two F/A-18F fighter jets nearly collided with an unidentified flying object (UFO). To the frustration of dozens of their fellow aviators, such a near-catastrophe was inevitable.

"For months before and after the incident, aircrews flying in “exclusive use” training areas off the U.S. East Coast frequently observed unknown objects exhibiting highly anomalous flight characteristics. Despite the collision hazard posed by the UFOs, aviators lacked a formal mechanism to report the mysterious objects."

https://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/3545072-stunned-by-ufos-exasperated-fighter-pilots-get-little-help-from-pentagon/

Lol.

You believe in UFOs and you believe in Brexit. In Ireland there are "little people" that if you catch one they will give you a wish. In Cornwall they have similar folk. Also I have a bridge I would like to sell you.

You, Sir, are the leaking rectum of a louse
    Hehe, fair play, a most excellent insult. I shall not try to respond. That was an unplayable ace!

You're welcome, and thankyou for the compliment

On a more serious note, there really is, still, a UFO story that needs to be addressed, inasmuch as, if you refuse to believe in UFOs (and fair enough, the evidence is weak), then you have to explain why the American Establishment is behaving so oddly

This video is REALLY worth watching, as it threads that argument together

https://twitter.com/AdamGoldsack/status/1543833019705950209?s=20&t=NTcHEXq1aARg4seDhYxQiA

It will take 5 minutes of your time. At the end you have to ask: why are these senior people saying these strange things

In particular look out for minute 2:40 and minute 3:10. In the first one the ex Director of the CIA looks absolutely tortured, and agonised, as he says these things could be "other forms of life". In the second the Director of National Intelligence struggles to say the word "extra terrestrial" as she admits these might be "extra terrestrials"

Why are they tortured and struggling? Is it because they are part of some grand conspiracy to hoodwink the Chinese and it makes them unhappy? Have these top people simply gone mad? Are they acting? One explanation is that they genuinely think these might be extra terrestrials but the idea is so, er, alien, they find it hard to say

Let me know your thoughts
    My scientific training causes me to be open minded, but evidence based. I am also sceptical about people who want to believe in something where all the evidence suggests that something does not exist. I am not saying UFOs cannot exist, it is just that it is massively unlikely. The balance of probability is that it is all nonsense. I will take a look at it later, but must do some work. I will also think of a similarly amusing insult for you at a later date!
    I am explicitly saying it is probably not "aliens"

If it is aliens where are the 1000s of photos and videos? We all have smartphones. It doesn't add up. I don't believe Will Smith is going round erasing the memories and phones of millions of witnesses

But that leaves us with the mystery of American behaviour. All these top people, from Obama down, saying this weird shit. And some of them saying it with anguished body language, which suggests something going on under the surface
    Where are the photos? Is not a slam dunk argument.

Take a bird like the snipe. Little brown fuckers, not rare, really difficult to shoot because they stay low and jink, hence why snipers are called snipers. If their existence were called in question it would be as difficult to prove it by photos as it is to shoot them

Exhibit b is big cats in Devon and Cornwall. Nobody serious disputes they are out there but no decent focused photos. It's harder than it looks
    Interesting

Yet those US pilots report being buzzed by these UFOS every day for two years. And the UFOs are not tiny birds, these are considerable "aircraft" that attain great speed and show advanced maneuverability. So they must be easily visible to the naked eye

So where are the videos and photos of these? I'd whip my bloody iPhone out, sharpish

The whole thing is deeply confounding. I've thought about it hard and I can't find one easy single explanation
    I can - lies
    Who is lying, and why?
    Now THAT is the right question.

Seriously - if US pilots are seeing these things all the time, presumably there is headcam footage? Or cockpit footage?
    Nope?
    Then I have to ask why.
    See also millions of airline passengers over the last 20 years with cameras on their phones - did none of them see these UFO's?
    So... you have no answer or theory. OK
    In science theories (or perhaps more accurately hypotheses) are built up from observational evidence and data collection. Until such times as you or other 'Alien' advocates can provide such observational evidence there is nothing upon which to construct a theory.

If you want to see someone doing a good job of debunking many of these UFO stories then try reading the Skeptoid Blog. The latest one on the Chilean Navy UFO case is a good example.

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4838
    This isn't correct - theories are just guesses. A good theory fits the known evidence and makes predictions that can be tested. Theories are not built up in the way you suggest.

See below for a good example - I suggest a theory, and it's immediately shot down. A chap called Popper had rather too much to say on such things!
    Wrong. What you are referring to are hypotheses. And I am well aware of Popper and what he had to say about these things.

There is a clear difference between hypothesis and theory in science. A theory is definitely not just 'a guess'.
    Happy to be called wrong if you explain the 'clear difference' between a hypothesis and a theory.
    Gravity says hello.
    A 'hypothesis' is an initial suggestion based upon observation. It has to be falsifiable (which is why a religion, as an example, cannot be a hypothesis) and it is tested and refined by further observation and testing which produce a body of data.

Only after it has been extensively tested and substantiated and has resulted in predictions which themselves have been shown to be accurate and substantiated is it considered to be a 'theory'. The actual verifiable results form a 'law' - something that is repeatable without variation under the same circumstances - whilst the explanation of that law is the 'theory'.

Edit - apologies Solarflare this should of course have been in answer to Omnium not yourself.
    Nice that you've pulled yourself together on this! (I quite like your explanation.)
    I have had this argument on here several times in the past with people who don't know the difference and assume the colloquial usage is correct. So much so that I have the explanation saved for reference.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Never going to happen with HYUFD. He, and people like him, is why the Tories will struggle to recover from this, even when Johnson goes.
  • Options
    A hushed silence descends on PB. There's an odd ratty post, but it just rattles the floorboards. Light flickers through the shutters as if to suggest change, but it's just the searchlights of the betting company helicopters seeking a mug.
  • Options
    Omnium said:

A hushed silence descends on PB. There's an odd ratty post, but it just rattles the floorboards. Light flickers through the shutters as if to suggest change, but it's just the searchlights of the betting company helicopters seeking a mug.

U alright m8
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Omnium said:

I was thinking about what a friend had said
    I was hoping it was a lie
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,282

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Never going to happen with HYUFD. He, and people like him, is why the Tories will struggle to recover from this, even when Johnson goes.
    He and his ilk will soon be telling us that the s***show that Brexit is already turning into wouldn’t have come to pass had the liar king been kept in power….
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,007

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

It doesn't matter who leads the Tories, you will still whinge because we have a Tory government.

• Options
    OnboardG1OnboardG1 Posts: 1,282
    What’s the counterfactual where Johnson handles this well? Kick out Pinchy on the Wednesday, come clean about the old allegations immediately and spin some “I genuinely thought he’d changed” bollocks?
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

He and his ilk will soon be telling us that the s***show that Brexit is already turning into wouldn’t have come to pass had the liar king been kept in power….
    It was only thanks to Boris winning the 2016 referendum and the 2019 general election that Brexit happened and with a trade deal with the EU and I didn't even vote for Brexit!

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,750
    FPT
    kjh said:

kle4 I believe it was you who claimed to have conspired with my dog to destroy my wallet the other day. So was it you that encouraged him to steal my toast and marmalade this morning? I need to know.

Same tactics used: Bolt for the door and run around in circles in the garden with said plunder handing from his mouth.

It certainly was not me @kjh. The delay in me responding has nothing to do with arranging an alibi.
  • Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,770
    Mood this evening consistent. Tory MPs have snapped. View is enough is enough.

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1544361639163600896?s=20&t=f2IcQ0ipxffBed_09nJZxg
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

It was only thanks to Boris winning the 2016 referendum and the 2019 general election that Brexit happened and with a trade deal with the EU and I didn't even vote for Brexit!

To think, without Boris Johnson David Cameron would have served a full term and we now be in the Osborne era.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

To think, without Boris Johnson David Cameron would have served a full term and we now be in the Osborne era.
    Get him back, Cameron was a better PM than Johnson will ever be - and I hated Cameron
  • Options
    CatMan said:

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1544361639163600896?s=20&t=f2IcQ0ipxffBed_09nJZxg

They had their chance and blew it.
  • Options

Omnium said:

Omnium said:

Omnium said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

"In April 2014, four naval aviators narrowly escaped disaster. Just as they entered highly controlled airspace for a training exercise, their two F/A-18F fighter jets nearly collided with an unidentified flying object (UFO). To the frustration of dozens of their fellow aviators, such a near-catastrophe was inevitable.

"For months before and after the incident, aircrews flying in “exclusive use” training areas off the U.S. East Coast frequently observed unknown objects exhibiting highly anomalous flight characteristics. Despite the collision hazard posed by the UFOs, aviators lacked a formal mechanism to report the mysterious objects."

https://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/3545072-stunned-by-ufos-exasperated-fighter-pilots-get-little-help-from-pentagon/

Lol.

You believe in UFOs and you believe in Brexit. In Ireland there are "little people" that if you catch one they will give you a wish. In Cornwall they have similar folk. Also I have a bridge I would like to sell you.

Hehe, fair play, a most excellent insult. I shall not try to respond. That was an unplayable ace!

On a more serious note, there really is, still, a UFO story that needs to be addressed, inasmuch as, if you refuse to believe in UFOs (and fair enough, the evidence is weak), then you have to explain why the American Establishment is behaving so oddly

https://twitter.com/AdamGoldsack/status/1543833019705950209?s=20&t=NTcHEXq1aARg4seDhYxQiA

It will take 5 minutes of your time. At the end you have to ask: why are these senior people saying these strange things

In particular look out for minute 2:40 and minute 3:10. In the first one the ex Director of the CIA looks absolutely tortured, and agonised, as he says these things could be "other forms of life". In the second the Director of National Intelligence struggles to say the word "extra terrestrial" as she admits these might be "extra terrestrials"

Why are they tortured and struggling? Is it because they are part of some grand conspiracy to hoodwink the Chinese and it makes them unhappy? Have these top people simply gone mad? Are they acting? One explanation is that they genuinely think these might be extra terrestrials but the idea is so, er, alien, they find it hard to say

My scientific training causes me to be open minded, but evidence based. I am also sceptical about people who want to believe in something where all the evidence suggests that something does not exist. I am not saying UFOs cannot exist, it is just that it is massively unlikely. The balance of probability is that it is all nonsense. I will take a look at it later, but must do some work. I will also think of a similarly amusing insult for you at a later date!

If it is aliens where are the 1000s of photos and videos? We all have smartphones. It doesn't add up. I don't believe Will Smith is going round erasing the memories and phones of millions of witnesses

But that leaves us with the mystery of American behaviour. All these top people, from Obama down, saying this weird shit. And some of them saying it with anguished body language, which suggests something going on under the surface

Take a bird like the snipe. Little brown fuckers, not rare, really difficult to shoot because they stay low and jink, hence why snipers are called snipers. If their existence were called in question it would be as difficult to prove it by photos as it is to shoot them

Exhibit b is big cats in Devon and Cornwall. Nobody serious disputes they are out there but no decent focused photos. It's harder than it looks
    Interesting

Yet those US pilots report being buzzed by these UFOS every day for two years. And the UFOs are not tiny birds, these are considerable "aircraft" that attain great speed and show advanced maneuverability. So they must be easily visible to the naked eye

So where are the videos and photos of these? I'd whip my bloody iPhone out, sharpish

The whole thing is deeply confounding. I've thought about it hard and I can't find one easy single explanation
    I can - lies
    Who is lying, and why?

Seriously - if US pilots are seeing these things all the time, presumably there is headcam footage? Or cockpit footage?
    Nope?
    Then I have to ask why.
    See also millions of airline passengers over the last 20 years with cameras on their phones - did none of them see these UFO's?
    In science theories (or perhaps more accurately hypotheses) are built up from observational evidence and data collection. Until such times as you or other 'Alien' advocates can provide such observational evidence there is nothing upon which to construct a theory.

If you want to see someone doing a good job of debunking many of these UFO stories then try reading the Skeptoid Blog. The latest one on the Chilean Navy UFO case is a good example.

This isn't correct - theories are just guesses. A good theory fits the known evidence and makes predictions that can be tested. Theories are not built up in the way you suggest.

See below for a good example - I suggest a theory, and it's immediately shot down. A chap called Popper had rather too much to say on such things!
    Wrong. What you are referring to are hypotheses. And I am well aware of Popper and what he had to say about these things.

There is a clear difference between hypothesis and theory in science. A theory is definitely not just 'a guess'.
    Happy to be called wrong if you explain the 'clear difference' between a hypothesis and a theory.
    Gravity says hello.
    A 'hypothesis' is an initial suggestion based upon observation. It has to be falsifiable (which is why a religion, as an example, cannot be a hypothesis) and it is tested and refined by further observation and testing which produce a body of data.

Only after it has been extensively tested and substantiated and has resulted in predictions which themselves have been shown to be accurate and substantiated is it considered to be a 'theory'. The actual verifiable results form a 'law' - something that is repeatable without variation under the same circumstances - whilst the explanation of that law is the 'theory'.

Edit - apologies Solarflare this should of course have been in answer to Omnium not yourself.
    Nice that you've pulled yourself together on this! (I quite like your explanation.)
    I have had this argument on here several times in the past with people who don't know the difference and assume the colloquial usage is correct. So much so that I have the explanation saved for reference.
    And why would you argue with such people?
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,263
    Jonathan said:

HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

We'd be seeing a lot more of the insufferable Farage on the TV though, so I'm sure we would still have thought we were in the worst possible reality.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Get him back, Cameron was a better PM than Johnson will ever be - and I hated Cameron
    To be fair, it’s a very low bar.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,953

We'd be seeing a lot more of the insufferable Farage on the TV though, so I'm sure we would still have thought we were in the worst possible reality.

He is also critical of BoZo...
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    CatMan said:

Haha, sure it is. Actions speak louder than (anonymously briefed) words.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

And what a noble, truthful individual he’s been too. A fine man, and a fine prime minister

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Jonathan said:

HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

It was Cameron who decided to call the EU referendum and I doubt the less charismatic Osborne would have won a majority against Corbyn as Boris did.

Osborne would have been the austerity PM facing a resurgent UKIP to his right and an aggressive left from Corbyn had Remain narrowly won and he succeeded Cameron
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,945
    Omnium said:

Omnium said:

Omnium said:

Omnium said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Lol.

Interesting

I can - lies
    Who is lying, and why?

Nope?
    Then I have to ask why.

Gravity says hello.

And why would you argue with such people?
    I thought that was what we did here. :)
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

CatMan said:

They had their chance and blew it.
    Now be fair, who could have precicted that Boris Johnson would once again get them into trouble over his selective recall of events and poor personal judgement?
  • Options

Jonathan said:

HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Blukip would never have happened. Farage and Faragism would have been defeated, he would still gob off, but who would care?
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,298
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

It doesn't matter who leads the Tories, you will still whinge because we have a Tory government.

It manifestly does matter who leads the conservative party, and Johnson is so toxic he is destroying the party single handedly and you as his cheerleader
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,641
    Interesting polling on Starmers Brexit policy:

A bid to win over soft Tories and former Labour Leavers, but may hinder the GOTV operation and tactical Lib Dem voters. Might help Tactical voters going Lib Dem though.

I understand the electoral motivation, but a courageous decision...
  • Options

How could he expect people to believe it last time? They did, so of course he tries again - that's the thing with such people, you have to push them onto a sword, as they will never fall on one without your action.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

A bid to win over soft Tories and former Labour Leavers, but may hinder the GOTV operation and tactical Lib Dem voters. Might help Tactical voters going Lib Dem though.

Remarkable that conservatives are very pleased and labour supporters not so
  • Options
    Amazing speaking to Conservative MPs (inc payroll) today how widespread the assumption is that the PM won't make it to the next election. There are disagreements on the mechanism and the timing. But there are not a lot who think they will fight another election under Johnson

https://twitter.com/hzeffman/status/1544355581582090240

Interestingly I know several MPs who voted confidence in BJ but were so taken aback by the scale of the opposition that they now wouldn't (on the grounds that he cannot unify the party)

https://twitter.com/hzeffman/status/1544356996522074112
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Soft Tories and former Labour Leavers are the key swing voters for Labour in the Leave voting redwall and the key English and Welsh marginal seats held by the Tories.

Losing some Remainers in safe Labour Remain voting inner city and university seats to the LDs is irrelevant to Labour and in Remain seats in the Home Counties the LDs are the Tories main opponents anyway
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

“Thanks to……” is often an interesting turn of phrase.

As in “thanks to you, my car is now a wreck”?
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Hes failed the Guardian Test
    https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1544365099774787585?t=8JwwnzZqdfOF08EJMtv-yw&s=19
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

It manifestly does matter who leads the conservative party, and Johnson is so toxic he is destroying the party single handedly and you as his cheerleader
    How many on here currently voting Labour or LD would switch to the Tories if led by Wallace or Truss or Mordaunt, Boris' likely replacements now if he goes? Barely any I suggest. So replacing Johnson is largely irrelevant to the Tories prospects
  • Options
    NEW: Boris Johnson says it was "a mistake" appointing Chris Pincher to his government: "in hindsight it was the wrong thing to do, I apologise to everyone who has been badly affected by it."

Sorry I got caught more like.

He's next, Johnson is a groper himself
  • Options
    " I want to make absolutely clear that there's no place in this Government for anybody who is predatory or who abuses their position of power." 2/2

Except Johnson himself
  • Options
    We would have been better off without Boris.
  • Options
    Boris Johnson on making Chris Pincher deputy chief whip: "It was a mistake and I apologise for it. In hindsight it was the wrong thing to do.
    "There's no place in this government for anybody who is predatory or abuses their position in power."

https://twitter.com/KevinASchofield/status/1544365870717276160
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,138
    Boris Johnson says he "bitterly regrets" giving MP Chris Pincher a government role as deputy chief whip after being made aware of a misconduct complaint against him.

Johnson says it was a mistake given complaints about his conduct had been made before.

"In hindsight it was the wrong thing to do and I apologise to everyone who has been badly affected by it.

"I just want to make absolutely clear that there's no place in this government for anybody who is predatory or abuses their position of power," he says.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Blukip would never have happened. Farage and Faragism would have been defeated, he would still gob off, but who would care?
    UKIP would be on 20%+ of the vote had Remain narrowly won the EU referendum and Osborne succeeded Cameron as PM
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

How many on here currently voting Labour or LD would switch to the Tories if led by Wallace or Truss or Mordaunt, Boris' likely replacements now if he goes? Barely any I suggest. So replacing Johnson is largely irrelevant to the Tories prospects
    The election is not decided by ca 100 politically motivated PB posters
  • Options
    Sajid gone
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

UKIP would be on 20%+ of the vote had Remain narrowly won the EU referendum and Osborne succeeded Cameron as PM
    Alas we will never know. Either way still better off than now.
  • Options
    I have spoken to the Prime Minister to tender my resignation as Secretary of State for Health & Social Care.

It has been an enormous privilege to serve in this role, but I regret that I can no longer continue in good conscience. https://twitter.com/sajidjavid/status/1544366218789937152/photo/1
  • Options
    I have spoken to the Prime Minister to tender my resignation as Secretary of State for Health & Social Care.

It has been an enormous privilege to serve in this role, but I regret that I can no longer continue in good conscience.

Sajid Javid
  • Options
    Saj! Resigned again lol, man has no spine
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

It has been an enormous privilege to serve in this role, but I regret that I can no longer continue in good conscience. https://twitter.com/sajidjavid/status/1544366218789937152/photo/1

Probably looking terminal now for
    Johnson
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    BJ doesn't deny (again) the "Pincher by name, Pincher by nature" remark.
  • Options
    Saj with the 6pm boom
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,215
    Scott_xP said:

Surely this is it tho. He must have co-ordinated this, otherwise he's a dorkus of the porkus morkus
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

Johnson
    Not necessarily, Javid stood against Johnson for the leadership in 2019 and was a Remainer
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

How many on here will vote conservative is irrelevant

It is how many of the electorate will and they have already made the decision Johnson is toxic

Sajid Javid resigns - great
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,611
    That Boris Johnson apology - it's an honest mistake, guv, and nothing really to do with me, anyway.
    But I deeply regret it.
    https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1544365569591447552
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Alas we will never know. Either way still better off than now.
    There is no way Osborne would have won an 80 seat Tory majority as Boris did
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,226
    Javid.

The man.

• Options
    Evening of the Pen Knives

Still, as Gertrude Stein would put it, a cut is a cut a cut. (Feel free to add "n" according to taste.)
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,731
    He’s toast
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Johnson
    Not necessarily, Javid stood against Johnson for the leadership in 2019 and was a Remainer
    It really is over.

• Options
    BBC Breaking - Javid resigns
  • Options
    Javid - top timing.

At last a spine and a serious runner for leader.

• Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

So let me get this staight. You support a party that has a troubled leader and little in the way of a plausible backup?

I have no idea what you're saying, so at least in that we're allies.

• Options
    HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Johnson
    It's over @HYUFD

Absolutely delighted
  • Options
    "I keep making basic mistakes - keep backing me"!
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,731
    HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Johnson
    Desperate
  • Options
    DORKUS OF THE PORKUS MORKUS

You will all remember the moment that was coined, and how it spread around the world, until even little babes in Bangladesh were heard to whisper "dorkus of the porkus morkussssss" as the aliens hovered above, talking to DALLE-59
  • Options
    Sunak - Javid double act coming?

• Options
    ping said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Johnson
    Desperate
    Actually it is very sad
  • Options
    Rishi must now go if he intends to run
  • Options

Sunak - Javid double act coming?

Fingers crossed
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,205
    Sajid, eh.

Will anyone follow him?

Or will he be the James Purnell de nos jours?
  • Options
    Ultimately any leader relies on the team that supports them. You simply cannot keep embarrassing them and demanding of them. At some point they ask what they are getting out of it.

Do Tory MPs and Members punish the first big beasts to go though, as not being loyal, even if they agree Boris needs to go?
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215
    Saj For Leader
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Johnson
    Still peddling the 'but a Remainer' shit, I see.
    Time for you, and the country to move on from the obsession with something that's long since done.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,263
    IanB2 said:

BBC Breaking - Javid resigns

He had the gumption to stand up to Cummings too.
  • Options
    HeathenerHeathener Posts: 5,262
    This is the end, beautiful friend
    This is the end, my only friend
    The end of our elaborate plans
    The end of everything that stands
  • Options
    MISTYMISTY Posts: 1,594

Still, as Gertrude Stein would put it, a cut is a cut a cut. (Feel free to add "n" according to taste.)

And the first cut is the deepest, as.....er......Rod Stewart would put it.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    Leon said:

You will all remember the moment that was coined, and how it spread around the world, until even little babes in Bangladesh were heard to whisper "dorkus of the porkus morkussssss" as the aliens hovered above, talking to DALLE-59

I thought it was worth a like myself. I like it.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,067
    Johnson could just say that in light of recent events, he believes that Matt Hancock should get a second chance.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    fitalass said:

Boris Johnson's position is now simple untenable! Only question now is, will Cabinet Ministers even wait to see the 'public' mood of Conservatives backbenchers at PMQs tomorrow as Boris tries to bluff his away through it, or will they accept the game is up and tell him today to resign for the greater good of the party?!

Twitter
    (((Dan Hodges)))
    @DPJHodges·3m
    Saj resigns. It’s over.
  • Options

A letter to the PM, so a paper cut ?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Devastating resignation letter and other cabinet ministers thinking of walking out tonight apparently

This is the end of Johnson's tenure
  • Options
    HeathenerHeathener Posts: 5,262
    So does Javid get to make a speech before PMQ's tomorrow? Like Geoffrey Howe?!
  • Options
    Rejoice. Sajid has a spine - thank god there are some principled individuals left
  • Options
    Saj was the one to watch.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,444

NEW THREAD

• Options
    Raab next PM?
  • Options
    Leon said:

We were warned . . . LOOOOONG before Leon . . .

My Favorite Martian - Season 1, Episode 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PYnnHFAuRU
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,109
    I sense a lot of Tories are now going to be extolling Javid’s good bits, such as they are.
  • Options
    When is OGH back?
  • Options

Leon said:

I thought it was worth a like myself. I like it.
    Too kind
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,229
    Its on. Like Fat Pat's Thong
This discussion has been closed.