Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

It’s now odds-on that BJ will be replaced by the end of 2022 – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,796
    edited December 2021
    Well fancy that:

"The new head of the charity watchdog quit today before officially taking up his post after The Times uncovered how “inappropriate behaviour” led to his resignation from an aid agency.

Martin Thomas, 58, a friend of Boris Johnson, was confirmed as chairman of the Charity Commission last week by the culture secretary Nadine Dorries.

He was due to begin work on December 27 but stepped down after The Times raised questions about his appointment in the wake of his role in a bullying investigation this year when he was chairman of Women For Women International UK."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/be277850-5f54-11ec-8fac-c70e630faee6?shareToken=d1354bb5aa4cca56ca79d36c4c75853b

As an aside, why was the chair of Women For Women International UK... a bloke?
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,713
    Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

"UK researchers have analysed the likely impact that a Covid booster shot will have on Omicron and say it could provide around 85% protection against severe illness."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59696499

These stats are so confusing. That sounds pretty bad. You have all three shots and you’ve still got a 1 in 6 chance of SEVERE illness? Presumably depending on age, co-morbidity etc

No. If you had, say, a 20% chance of severe illness without a vaccine, that will be reduced by 85% to a 3% chance.
  • Options
    EabhalEabhal Posts: 5,929

Competition Update:

Highest Boosters to date: 861,306 (today)
    Nearest estimate: @carnyx (854,217)
    Next nearest: @Richard_Nabavi (896,322)

Eliminated entries:
    @Endillion 525,600
    @MightyAlex 700,000
    @Cyclefree 723,527
    @Eabhal 825,000

I'm still in the game. This is fun!
    I really thought it would be a flash in the pan.

Quite impressed so many young people are coming forward - one of my friends is doing shuttle runs to a max-vaxx centre for people without a car (probably super spreading), and everyone is boasting about how long they queued on insta (3.5 hours at a mosque in Glasgow is the record).
  • Options

Has anyone mentioned this story?

Covid: Addenbrooke's boss says 80% of virus patients are unvaccinated
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-59699891

It's nothing new. It's what my A&E consultant friend says. In fact I think she says *all* the patients are unvaxxed.
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,631
    dixiedean said:

Leon said:

Edinboro Castle. Huge popular boozer ten yards from my Camden flat. Massive heated beer garden

Three weeks ago, packed at weekends. Tonight, Friday night, seven days from Christmas, maybe 10% full. Barely a dozen drinkers

We in de facto lockdown anyway. Hospitality is being slaughtered

Except without the financial support...
    Most folk lockdown whatever the government says. And whatever pleas to rational argument. Cos they don't want to get sick.
    I still havn’t heard from PBs hive mind what intervention Sunak can actually take. How is it targeted for effectiveness, fairness?
  • Options
    Eabhal said:

Competition Update:

Eliminated entries:
    @Endillion 525,600
    @MightyAlex 700,000
    @Cyclefree 723,527
    @Eabhal 825,000

Quite impressed so many young people are coming forward - one of my friends is doing shuttle runs to a max-vaxx centre for people without a car (probably super spreading), and everyone is boasting about how long they queued on insta (3.5 hours at a mosque in Glasgow is the record).
    I'd be surprised if it gets much higher before peaking tbh. Christmas init.
  • Options
    I WEEKEND: Omicron infections now out of control #TomorrowsPapersToday https://t.co/XV8l1kRrLa
  • Options

Well fancy that:

"The new head of the charity watchdog quit today before officially taking up his post after The Times uncovered how “inappropriate behaviour” led to his resignation from an aid agency.

Martin Thomas, 58, a friend of Boris Johnson, was confirmed as chairman of the Charity Commission last week by the culture secretary Nadine Dorries.

He was due to begin work on December 27 but stepped down after The Times raised questions about his appointment in the wake of his role in a bullying investigation this year when he was chairman of Women For Women International UK."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/be277850-5f54-11ec-8fac-c70e630faee6?shareToken=d1354bb5aa4cca56ca79d36c4c75853b

Maybe he identifies as a woman
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391

dixiedean said:

Leon said:

Edinboro Castle. Huge popular boozer ten yards from my Camden flat. Massive heated beer garden

Three weeks ago, packed at weekends. Tonight, Friday night, seven days from Christmas, maybe 10% full. Barely a dozen drinkers

Most folk lockdown whatever the government says. And whatever pleas to rational argument. Cos they don't want to get sick.
    I still havn’t heard from PBs hive mind what intervention Sunak can actually take. How is it targeted for effectiveness, fairness?
    Another rates cancellation for hospitality, a few grants, then just hope someone is willing to reopen them in Feb when this nonsense is over. It's bloody awful if you're the mug paying the bills, but unless the premises are demolished and the people all emmigrate, the capacity will still be there when needed.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,618

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

"UK researchers have analysed the likely impact that a Covid booster shot will have on Omicron and say it could provide around 85% protection against severe illness."

These stats are so confusing. That sounds pretty bad. You have all three shots and you’ve still got a 1 in 6 chance of SEVERE illness? Presumably depending on age, co-morbidity etc

No. If you had, say, a 20% chance of severe illness without a vaccine, that will be reduced by 85% to a 3% chance.
    No it's not even that, if 1000 people were exposed to Omicron and it causes 100 severe cases in that unvaccinated cohort, in a three dose cohort would mean if 1000 people were exposed to Omicron it would cause 15 severe cases.

A slightly weird calculation.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,205

dixiedean said:

Leon said:

I remember seeing Manchester Piccadilly station in the early weeks of March 2020, before lockdown, and you could see it becoming less and less busy.

People don't need formal lockdowns to change their behaviour.
    That was pre-vaccines. We just don’t know how many people will obey a lockdown now.
  • Options

Well fancy that:

Maybe he identifies as a woman
    The it would be she identifies as a woman.
  • Options

I WEEKEND: Omicron infections now out of control #TomorrowsPapersToday https://t.co/XV8l1kRrLa

As opposed to where we negotiated the daily figures? Headline written by one of the prats in government who thinks they can dial it up or down with NPIs.
  • Options
    Roger said:

Completely OT. A great story in the Guardian about the case of the film director who was sued by Leni Riefenstahl for libel.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2021/dec/09/burying-leni-riefenstahl-nina-gladitz-lifelong-crusade-hitler-film-maker?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

Fascinating. Gladitz sounds..er..difficult.
  • Options

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

From that SAGE leak

‘My note that 'after step 2' would mean closing indoor hospitality and back to six people/two households inside. Whereas 'after step 1' would add no mixing whatsoever indoors and closing non-essential retail]. 6/10’

They want this BEFORE Jan 1. It’s actually worse than I predicted

And there’s a tiny hint this could last ‘for months’

Boris will never survive it. Quite simply the party would tell him and the scientists to get fucked. He loses the leadership, Mark Harper or another Tory MP says "fuck lockdown" and wins.
    Nah, Government of National Unity, lockdown passes with Labour votes and Boris Johnson is the new Ramsay MacDonald.
    Lol, imagine if Keith kept Boris as PM.
    It's the piece I'm doing for Boxing Day.

Not for the first time as PM, Boris Johnson is controlled by a dom.
    Does PB do Boxing Day? Surely everyone writing it, reading it, posting will be off their heads on alcoh…

Oh 🙄
  • Options

It's nothing new. It's what my A&E consultant friend says. In fact I think she says *all* the patients are unvaxxed.
    It's new for me to see a story on the BBC about it. If it's like this everywhere, why aren't there official stats and far more stories about it?
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Now? Where they ever under control?
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489

Eabhal said:

Competition Update:

Eliminated entries:
    @Endillion 525,600
    @MightyAlex 700,000
    @Cyclefree 723,527
    @Eabhal 825,000

Are the vaccine centres going to be open of Christmas day? (or charismas eve & boxing day?)
  • Options
    BigRich said:

Eabhal said:

Competition Update:

Eliminated entries:
    @Endillion 525,600
    @MightyAlex 700,000
    @Cyclefree 723,527
    @Eabhal 825,000

Are the vaccine centres going to be open of Christmas day? (or charismas eve & boxing day?)
    Or the two bank holidays after Boxing day?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    edited December 2021
    maaarsh said:

As opposed to where we negotiated the daily figures? Headline written by one of the prats in government who thinks they can dial it up or down with NPIs.
    Written by the same people who wrote "Petrol shortages out of control, Don't panic buy"......
  • Options

Eabhal said:

Competition Update:

Eliminated entries:
    @Endillion 525,600
    @MightyAlex 700,000
    @Cyclefree 723,527
    @Eabhal 825,000

I think that's why it will get higher, people want it before next Friday. I wouldn't be surprised to see 1.1-1.3m per day next week until Friday. Then it will drop off for Xmas until the 4th of Jan.
  • Options

TimS said:

MaxPB said:

This scenario from Imperial, for a hypothetical LMIC "with substantial prior transmission and low vaccine access", says a country like South Africa will see 6,000 Omicron deaths *a day* (current 7-day average: 31)

Sorry, I'm not a maths-brain, but this can't possibly be right.

https://twitter.com/RufusSG

It's absurd. This is what they've been reduced to in order to push for more lockdowns. It's almost like they're addicted to having this power over everyone's lives and don't want to give it up.

Go on Boris, listen to them, try and go for restrictions. Please. It's time for the nation to be rid of you.
    Next Tory leader Mark Harper. You heard it here first.

66:1 by the way.
    It's not Harper they need, it's Harpic, to get rid of the stench that Bozo has created.
    Seriously, that is a good tip at 66-1. 👍🏻
  • Options
    I assume all of PB knows that Boxing Day is 27 December this year.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    BigRich said:

Eabhal said:

Competition Update:

Eliminated entries:
    @Endillion 525,600
    @MightyAlex 700,000
    @Cyclefree 723,527
    @Eabhal 825,000

Yes. I believe the plan is Christmas Day for lesser capacity, but rest of the time is full stream.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,013
    Strewth. Looked at the footy fixtures last night. Most of EPL off, couple of handfuls of EFL.
    Tonight the vast majority off.
    Anecdotal evidence of the case surge.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Nope, that's Christmas day if you're talking about moveable bank holidays.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

It was me, I was controlling them.
  • Options
    Soz.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Strewth. Looked at the footy fixtures last night. Most of EPL off, couple of handfuls of EFL.
    Tonight the vast majority off.
    Anecdotal evidence of the case surge.

The idea anyone 20-40 with a social life hasn't caught it before xmas is for the birds.
  • Options

Jesus christ its so gloomy in here

It was nice to actually have 24 hours of actual political betting before the bugbotherers took back over 😆

I for one certainly learnt something last night. Don’t eat two pizza, drink about 2 litre wine, attempt to mop up with chicken nugget sandwiches spicy Pringles and two pickled eggs then get excited and jump up and down.

*betting post. I have a 100% record in political bets. MPs will be consulting me on their chances before throwing their hats into January’s leadership contest.
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489
    MaxPB said:

Eabhal said:

Competition Update:

Eliminated entries:
    @Endillion 525,600
    @MightyAlex 700,000
    @Cyclefree 723,527
    @Eabhal 825,000

I think that's why it will get higher, people want it before next Friday. I wouldn't be surprised to see 1.1-1.3m per day next week until Friday. Then it will drop off for Xmas until the 4th of Jan.
    I assume the limit is on the capacity of the centres not the number of people who what to get jabed?
  • Options

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

So you're telling me there's a chance!
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,517

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

FFS mate.....2 years and you are making this mistake...its always "effectiveness" i.e. reduction versus nothing.
    Yes, my bad. I was kind of aware I was making a dumb statement, in my defence. Hence the "confusing"

There is so much data every day, esp right now. Some dodgy some worthy some wanky some bizarre
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,429
    tlg86 said:

Boxing Day is still 26 December but the compensating bank holiday is on the 28th. The 27th is for Xmas Day.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,823

dixiedean said:

Leon said:

I remember seeing Manchester Piccadilly station in the early weeks of March 2020, before lockdown, and you could see it becoming less and less busy.

Doesn't seem to have hit Leicester in a big way yet.

Not quite, but all of the ICU patients are unvaxxed at my hospital. Staff try not to be judgemental, but it is a factor in why there is not much in the way of volunteering for redeployment.
  • Options
    I am almost certain we are headed where Ireland is headed.
  • Options

dixiedean said:

Leon said:

That's fine, its called freedom. Let people decide.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

FFS mate.....2 years and you are making this mistake...its always "effectiveness" i.e. reduction versus nothing.
    Yes, my bad. I was kind of aware I was making a dumb statement, in my defence. Hence the "confusing"

There is so much data every day, esp right now. Some dodgy some worthy some wanky some bizarre
    That one is dodgy anyway, it takes no account of t-cells.
  • Options
    maaarsh said:

tlg86 said:

Nope, that's Christmas day if you're talking about moveable bank holidays.
    Not that. Christmas Day is Saturday, and in the olden times the next day was known as Christmas Sunday.

But it’s lost it’s meaning since the change to Sunday trading laws. Even the King George VI chase at Kempton Park is on Sunday 26 December these days.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,068
    tlg86 said:

dixiedean said:

Leon said:

That was pre-vaccines. We just don’t know how many people will obey a lockdown now.
    We see behaviour changing already: @Leon's example of the his local pub is one example.

• Options
    rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

dixiedean said:

Leon said:

We see behaviour changing already: @Leon's example of the his local pub is one example.

I blame all the scare-mongering.
  • Options

You were almost certain Jeremy was gonna be prime minister.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Well ffs - why did you stop?
  • Options
    maaarsh said:

You were almost certain Jeremy was gonna be prime minister.
    Fair point, although I've been correct about every previous lockdown and my recent predictions after GE19 have been correct
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

tlg86 said:

Boxing Day is still 26 December but the compensating bank holiday is on the 28th. The 27th is for Xmas Day.
    When I was little my next-door neighbour was a nurse who had to work on Christmas Day. That year the Bank Holiday was the weekend and so she got paid normal pay on Christmas Day while those who worked on the Monday were paid double-time. She wasn't too impressed by that at all. No idea how that can be allowed to happen, or if its still the case nowadays.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

dixiedean said:

Leon said:

I don’t dispute that people will change their behaviour through choice. But if the government says no household mixing etc., I wouldn’t bet on enough people obeying for it to make any difference.
  • Options

A border poll?
  • Options
    It is funny that on the day the government has had to retract it's official 200k Omicron cases per day stat a whole bunch of other dodgy ones come out to replace it.
  • Options
    For a chance of pace, and for all the wind power pervs out there, next week should be a good example of their folly. Our 24GW capacity will spend one of the coldest, highest demand weeks of the year generating more or less bugger all, and we'll be busy burning gas and coal in power stations we've paid to exist but not run all year (with that cost not being attributed to the wind economic calculations).

In the absense of a viable wind based network without using gas back-up at times of peak gas demand and cost, you almost start to think Nuclear could be made economic.
  • Options
    maaarsh said:

dixiedean said:

Leon said:

Another rates cancellation for hospitality, a few grants, then just hope someone is willing to reopen them in Feb when this nonsense is over. It's bloody awful if you're the mug paying the bills, but unless the premises are demolished and the people all emmigrate, the capacity will still be there when needed.
    Yes I agree. Keep things alive. For some people a family business is their life and passion, it’s more than just an accountants decision, it’s social fabric of community life, so surely if Rishi can hand fraudsters thirty billion on a plate he can help out genuine people tomorrow? Imagine opening your doors and no punters come in 🙁 Imagine of it becomes a double whammy with face off with Russia, energy prices making business unworkable, it will scar our homeland for decades or generations.
  • Options

lol

BREAKING: Vampire wakes at night, seeks blood of comely maidens
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787

Jesus christ its so gloomy in here

It was nice to actually have 24 hours of actual political betting before the bugbotherers took back over 😆
    We could talk about Brexit?

• Options
    edited December 2021

IanB2 said:

tlg86 said:

When I was little my next-door neighbour was a nurse who had to work on Christmas Day. That year the Bank Holiday was the weekend and so she got paid normal pay on Christmas Day while those who worked on the Monday were paid double-time. She wasn't too impressed by that at all. No idea how that can be allowed to happen, or if its still the case nowadays.
    Working Christmas is just part of salary for me, but I do get a day of leave in lieu for bank Holidays. So no days in lieu for working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day New Year's Eve or New Year's Day this year.
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    edited December 2021
    Foxy said:

IanB2 said:

tlg86 said:

Working Christmas is just part of salary foe me, but I do get a day of leave on lieu for bank Holidays. So no days in lieu for working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day New Year's Eve or New Year's Day this year.
    But shurely there are still bank holidays for those days, just moved to the next weekday aren't they?

ETA: gov.uk says

27 December Monday Christmas Day (substitute day)
    28 December Tuesday Boxing Day (substitute day)

So you don't get days off in lieu for those? You should get on to your union rep!
  • Options

Alistair said:

Well ffs - why did you stop?
    Cat jumped onto my keyboard and added a bunch of zeros onto the end of the case numbers field.
  • Options
    Another of our offices down south went ahead with their Christmas party. I'm sure you can guess the rest.

Hopefully all will just have mild cases.
  • Options
    nico679nico679 Posts: 5,010
    So if this party had not come to light then Case would have continued in his role . Shouldn’t he resign for being so pathetically useless that he didn’t work out there would be a conflict of interest and why on earth should he be trusted with anything else in the future . Why on earth isn’t there a truly independent process for this . Hilariously the new person overseeing this will be reporting her findings to the PM so the co-accused ! I mean what sort of joke is this !
  • Options

A border poll?
    A quick one now for round London?
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

King George is on Sunday. That makes it Boxing Day.

Maybe we should consult the Queen on when she will open the alms boxes?
  • Options
    Foxy said:

IanB2 said:

tlg86 said:

Working Christmas is just part of salary for me, but I do get a day of leave in lieu for bank Holidays. So no days in lieu for working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day New Year's Eve or New Year's Day this year.
    Right so that's probably the same as what my neighbour had ~30 years ago, I was going off memory.

That's really odd for me, that working the Bank Holiday would get more compensation than working Christmas Day itself. Messed up situation.
  • Options
    rpjs said:

Foxy said:

IanB2 said:

tlg86 said:

Working Christmas is just part of salary foe me, but I do get a day of leave on lieu for bank Holidays. So no days in lieu for working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day New Year's Eve or New Year's Day this year.
    But shurely there are still bank holidays for those days, just moved to the next weekday aren't they?
    Yes, I would get a days lieu this year for working any of: 26*, 27, 28 Dec, 2* or 3rd Jan.

*Being on call after midnight until the baton is passed at 0800 the next day. On call is 24 hours.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Charles said:

10 Downing Street is going to be the only hospitality venue open in the next few weeks isn't it?

We’ve had a record year this Christmas and only one deferral
    By 'we', I assume you mean No 10?
    My foundation - we rent out our London home for parties & the foundation gets the process
  • Options
    maaarsh said:

Scott_xP said:

Important leak to my colleague Jim tonight below - SAGE minutes suggest tougher restrictions needed before New Year if we're to avoid 3k people going to hospital every day
    https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1471932874261770248
    https://twitter.com/jim_reed/status/1471915719117971456

Hang on, I thought 5000 were dying a day? It’s so hard to keep up with the bullshit numbers...
    Yep but most of them will die twice - good practice for end of Jan when we're each going to have to die every hour with only a 6 hour sleep break.
    By February we'll all die in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before we get infected, take a PCR test, spend twenty-nine hours a day down ICU, and pay our bosses for permission to come to work, and when we got home, Omicron will kill us, and dance about on our graves singing 'Hallelujah.'
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Leon said:

lol

BREAKING: Vampire wakes at night, seeks blood of comely maidens
    See also: friend of Boris resigns as head of Charity Commission before starting due to “inappropriate behaviour”.
  • Options
    News Flash - Seattle Seahawks’ game against the Rams in Los Angeles has been pushed from Sunday to Tuesday at 4 p.m. because of COVID-19 issues.
  • Options
    @isam can tell us why this latest poll now is actually bad news for Keir Starmer!
  • Options
    TimSTimS Posts: 9,774

Another of our offices down south went ahead with their Christmas party. I'm sure you can guess the rest.

Hopefully all will just have mild cases.

So did we, last week. 7 people down. But lucky for them in a way, they’re all through it now whereas Sod’s law dictates one of our family will test positive on the 23rd.
  • Options

maaarsh said:

Scott_xP said:

Important leak to my colleague Jim tonight below - SAGE minutes suggest tougher restrictions needed before New Year if we're to avoid 3k people going to hospital every day
    https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1471932874261770248
    https://twitter.com/jim_reed/status/1471915719117971456

Hang on, I thought 5000 were dying a day? It’s so hard to keep up with the bullshit numbers...
    Yep but most of them will die twice - good practice for end of Jan when we're each going to have to die every hour with only a 6 hour sleep break.
    By February we'll all die in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before we get infected, take a PCR test, spend twenty-nine hours a day down ICU, and pay our bosses for permission to come to work, and when we got home, Omicron will kill us, and dance about on our graves singing 'Hallelujah.'
    You try telling that to these covidiots though these days, and they won't believe you!
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    TimT said:

Charles said:

TimT said:

PS He agreed with my theorizing that if omicron is now an upper rather than lower respiratory tract infection (which, along with the higher virus reproduction rates in the bronchi leading to higher shedded viral loads, helps explain why it is way more transmissible), then that is consistent with expecting it to be a less severe illness than previous variants.

Meaning to ask you did you ever come across Julian Robinson? Had lunch with his sister last weekend
    Julian Perry Robinson?
    That’s him
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,333

Foxy said:

IanB2 said:

tlg86 said:

Right so that's probably the same as what my neighbour had ~30 years ago, I was going off memory.

That's really odd for me, that working the Bank Holiday would get more compensation than working Christmas Day itself. Messed up situation.
    How do you think Omicron is assessing the chances of a Lockdown now?
  • Options
    nico679 said:

So if this party had not come to light then Case would have continued in his role . Shouldn’t he resign for being so pathetically useless that he didn’t work out there would be a conflict of interest and why on earth should he be trusted with anything else in the future . Why on earth isn’t there a truly independent process for this . Hilariously the new person overseeing this will be reporting her findings to the PM so the co-accused ! I mean what sort of joke is this !

Yep, even if he is ultimately exonerated, it's hard to see how accepting the lead of an investigation that he is a legitimate suspect of, is not an instant resignation/sacking in disgrace offence.
  • Options

Foxy said:

IanB2 said:

tlg86 said:

Yes, it has always been like that. Nurses get unsocial hours supplements etc, but off the top of my head I can't remember how that works.

Mind you, when I was a junior doctor I was paid 38% of the base rate for on call, so on Christmas day would be the lowest paid worker in the hospital as House Officer.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,001

Eabhal said:

Competition Update:

Eliminated entries:
    @Endillion 525,600
    @MightyAlex 700,000
    @Cyclefree 723,527
    @Eabhal 825,000

This sunday WILL be the peak for this round of jabs. Highest day for recording -> Christmas -> New Year -> Demand limitations.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,177
    There’s a rumour doing rounds that Simon Case informed downing st about this event. But they went ahead with appointing him to investigation. Neither Cab office or Downing st have responded to say true or not but am asking
    https://twitter.com/AnushkaAsthana/status/1471949419524370434
  • Options

tlg86 said:

King George is on Sunday. That makes it Boxing Day.

Maybe we should consult the Queen on when she will open the alms boxes?
    Yeah, I think the last time it was Monday 27 December was in 1999:

https://www.skysports.com/racing/racecards/kempton-park/27-12-1999/161133/pertemps-king-george-vi-chase
  • Options
    Spain finally joins the party.

33,000 cases, the most in one day since Nightclub Marbella Delta in the summer

OMICRON THE HISPANOPHOBE
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

There’s a rumour doing rounds that Simon Case informed downing st about this event. But they went ahead with appointing him to investigation. Neither Cab office or Downing st have responded to say true or not but am asking
    https://twitter.com/AnushkaAsthana/status/1471949419524370434

Makes it even worse for Case frankly. We all already know Boris is a scumbag but that's for the electorate/1922 to judge. Case is supposed to be a man of honour.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,790

If it's not bolognese I want, please can I have a genuine recipe for the genuine thing it is, if possible :)

It's ragù alla Bolognese - meat sauce Bologna style - so that is what you want. Personally I prefer to leave out the milk, include bacon, carrots and celery, not have too much tomato and add decent parmesan. But it's all personal. Better with fresh pasta in my view, which is what you are more likely to get in that part of Italy than dried pasta such as spaghetti, which is more from the South.
  • Options
    RattersRatters Posts: 803
    While I doubt we'll quite deliver all boosters by year end, we will be down to demand being the constraint by the end of first week of January.

Cases will have also likely peaked by that point.

What are the chances we can hold off significant restrictions for 3 weeks?
  • Options
    So, the Boris speech this morning!

I'll leave it for people far more qualified than me at reviewing incompetence....

(Obvious clip credits to the TTOI cast, @SkyNews @Aiannucci @Tucker5law 😉 @mrchrisaddison etc etc...)

#BorisMustGo #NorthShropshire #ToryChristmasparty https://twitter.com/milescook/status/1471928727781220365/video/1
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Eabhal said:

Competition Update:

Eliminated entries:
    @Endillion 525,600
    @MightyAlex 700,000
    @Cyclefree 723,527
    @Eabhal 825,000

This sunday WILL be the peak for this round of jabs. Highest day for recording -> Christmas -> New Year -> Demand limitations.
    Yes. 1,048,576 jabs I think.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Eabhal said:

Competition Update:

Eliminated entries:
    @Endillion 525,600
    @MightyAlex 700,000
    @Cyclefree 723,527
    @Eabhal 825,000

Yes. 1,048,576 jabs I think.
    If that's the peak then there's going to be a lot of people who haven't bothered to get their jab. :(
  • Options
    SeaShantyIrish2SeaShantyIrish2 Posts: 15,658
    edited December 2021
    nico679 said:

"Just in Case? The Case Against Case Being on the Case"
  • Options
    Ratters said:

While I doubt we'll quite deliver all boosters by year end, we will be down to demand being the constraint by the end of first week of January.

Yes, I think so. The keen ones are getting in the queue, others are not going to bother. How soon we run out of the willing, who knows?
  • Options

@isam can tell us why this latest poll now is actually bad news for Keir Starmer!

You might have more luck asking him on twitter.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Ratters said:

Given how many people are getting it and you can't be jabbed for 30 days, there will also be millions who can't even if they want to.

A million a day and that will cover all those who want and can be jabbed. But the media will still find some ridiculous edge case.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,505
    Pulpstar said:

Eabhal said:

Competition Update:

Eliminated entries:
    @Endillion 525,600
    @MightyAlex 700,000
    @Cyclefree 723,527
    @Eabhal 825,000

I reckon 1 million plus tomorrow, one of which will be me.
    I got a text from my doctors today inviting me in for a jab. I was tempted to ignore it - I'd already booked a jab for early Jan and I couldn't imagine what they were going to offer would be much more favourable. But I basically had my choice of timeslots. So will drop middle daughter at tutor, go and get jabbed and be back in time to pick her up.
    If they have cranked up capacity to the extent they can offer me that, I'm expecting a bumper day.
  • Options

Was Sam not put in the slammer?
  • Options
    Lab - 38%
    con - 30%
    Lib dem - 10%
    Greens - 10%

https://t.co/6jglyXgzhF

Tories back to 1997.
  • Options
    I love the notion that Rishi Sunak is back early because he cares deeply for small businesses. Not because Johnson is bleeding out and Truss is on manoeuvres.
    https://twitter.com/sturdyAlex/status/1471952150238539776
  • Options
    320 seats would mean he could govern with the Lib Dems, meaning any attacks of chaos would be irrelevant
  • Options
    Leon said:

Spain finally joins the party.

33,000 cases, the most in one day since Nightclub Marbella Delta in the summer

OMICRON THE HISPANOPHOBE

? Phile
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,094
    Con on 30% oof.
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,733

Lab - 38%
    con - 30%
    Lib dem - 10%
    Greens - 10%

Tories back to 1997.

The right taking a pummelling.
  • Options
    30% is when you are talking absolute bedrock territory for Tory and Labour.
  • Options
    29% is 1997 so yes the Tories are down to the minimum polling now
  • Options

Lab - 38%
    con - 30%
    Lib dem - 10%
    Greens - 10%

Tories back to 1997.

Are those proper poll figures?
This discussion has been closed.