Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Is the British public the new Édith Piaf? – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,216
    edited July 2022

kle4 said:

Sandpit said:

glw said:

Shares in France’s Eutelsat slump after it confirms OneWeb merger talks
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/jul/25/france-eutelsat-uk-satellite-firm-oneweb-elon-musk-starlink

Oh and the British government will have all sorts of handy vetos over the merged company.

Rishi has quite possibly played an absolute blinder.

It does rather look like the LEO constellations data provision market will be

1) Starlink
    2) OneWeb - being actually operational and everything. Being the alternative to Starlink, in OneWebs chosen markets is probably quite a good business plan.
    3) Kuiper - if Jeff can ever get his rockets up.
    Kuiper will happen. Even *If* New Glenn never gets to orbit, Kuiper will launch, as Kuiper is not dependent on NG. It's Kuiper and Oneweb's USP...

Also note sex-pest Musk's post that Starlink depends on the unlaunched Starship... (*)

(*) I don't believe that for one minute. he was just sh*tting on the employees he could not sh*g.
    It may happen - the problem is persistent non-delivery. It is hard to think that the slow pace at Blue Origin may be matched by the satellites for Kuiper taking ages.

Remember when Surrey Satellites saved Galileo’s bacon? Just…

Starlink V2 is about getting an unassailable lead - even if Bezos is buying all the non Starship launch capacity on the planet, he can’t compete. Can’t solve that problem with money - he’d need throw weight. Which won’t be available for any price. Unless he launches on Starship
    As ever, you are a little too pro-Musk and a little too anti- his rivals. If you had not noticed, SS has not launched, let alone reached orbit. They're nearly as late as NG. And Raptor 2 isn't looking that good.
    Starlink is in operation now. Thousands of satellites. Hundreds of thousands of actual users etc. approval to operate in many countries. Uplink stations in many countries. More satellites being launched every week. Literally.

OneWeb is now beginning to come into service. Satellites in orbit, ground stations up and running, approval granted by various countries.

Kuiper - no satellites. No ground stations. No users. No approvals.

Currently just OneWeb and Starlink are in the game.

Not sure what you means about Raptor 2 - plenty of videos from the fence at McGregor of multi hundred second runs, thrust vectoring and everything…
    There are plenty of videos of BE-4 as well, with the same criteria. And note they are on Raptor *2* because Raptor *1* did not cut the mustard. And they have blown three Raptor 2's in the last few months.

Now, this might mean they're pushing the limits. Or it could be a sign the program is in trouble. But bear in mind NG has seven BE-4 engines on its first stage. Super Heavy has 33 (*). As the N1 shows, even with protection, the failure of one engine can doom the rocket.

SpaceX has a great record in such things. But they are really pushing the limits of the technology, and they may be in for a world of pain. And tech is filled with companies that were leaders who vanished. I doubt that will happen with SpaceX, but don't swallow the Musk Kool-Aid.

(*) According to Wiki; it regularly changes.
    The main problem with the N1 was lack of funding - they were trying for all up testing, but lacked the funds to lose the first 1/2 dozen boosters. Some of their stuff was mad even by SpaceX throw-it-at-the-sky standards - explosively opened valves, which couldn’t be reset. So completely untested engines off the production line, first flight was first fire…

The comments from those who’ve worked at SpaceX and were involved with them (as both competitors and helpers) all agree on one thing - it takes years to build an organisation that can launch orbital rockets. And it isn’t something you can create without launching to orbit. Blue Origin is years behind - they haven’t finalised the design of New Glenn to the point of building tooling - they’ve built some test tanks. They really need the experience that some of the small launcher companies have already got - flying rockets. There’s no substitute.
    From memory (there's an online book about it written by an US/?Indian? chap), the N1 was meant to have a dozen+ launches before it successfully got to orbit. The political will - and hence financing - ran out.

As I keep on saying, you seem too down on Blue Origin, and far too *up* on Musk's ventures.

I want both to succeed. In fact, it's vital they both do.

Edit: 'Challenge to Apollo' by Asif A. Siddiqi. Available for free online, and a great resource.

Part 1:
    https://history.nasa.gov/SP-4408pt1.pdf
    Part 2:
    https://history.nasa.gov/SP-4408pt2.pdf
    If I may, here's a section on what it's like when an Apollo or SuperHeavy-sized rocket goes boom near the pad:

"Only in the trench did I understand the sense of the expression "your heart in your mouth." Something quite improbable was being created all around--the steppe was trembling like a vibration test thundering, rumbling, whistling, gnashing-- mixed together in some terrible, seemingly unending cacophony. The trench proved to be so shallow and unreliable that one wanted to burrow into the sand so as not to hear this nightmare.., the thick wave from the explosion passed over us, sweeping away and leveling everything. Behind it came hot metal raining down from above. Pieces of the rocket were thrown ten kilometers away, and large windows were shattered in structures
    40 kilometers away. ,_ 400 kilogram spherical tank landed on the roof o[ the installation and testing wing. seven kilometers from the launch pad.

By some estimates, the strength of the explosion was close to 250 tons of TNT--not a nuclear explosion, but certainly the most powerful explosion ever in the history of rocketry. The booster had lifted off to a height of 200 meters before falling over and exploding on the launch pad itself, about twenty-three seconds after launch. The emergency rescue system fired in the nick of time, at T+ 14.5 seconds, to shoot the descent apparatus of the payload two kilometers from the pad, thus saving it from destruction. Remarkably, no doubt because of the
    stringent safety precautions, there were no fatalities or injuries, although the physical devastation was phenomenal. When the first teams arrived near the pad in the early-morning hours of July 4, there was only carnage left behind:
    We arrived at the fueling station and were horrified--the windows and doors were smashed out, the iron entrance gate was askew, the equipment was scattered about with the light o[ dawn and was turned to stone--the steppe was literally strewn withdead animals and birds. Where so many o[ them came [rom and how they appeared in
    such quantities at the station I still do not understand.'

And they reckon that only a small fraction of the fuel on the rocket went boom.
    Stand back from the window, when the rocket goes boom.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=wX5GD1N7bEw
    The Soviet lack of understanding of basic safety was a feature of their rocket programs

If you don’t mind watching humans burning to death - https://youtu.be/_ybnj4jcnwg
    The little I read of either space programme, but particularly the Soviet one, the more I'm amazed anyone made it up there and back in their death traps.
    Very true.

But not just in Russia: Brazil had a really nasty one in 2003, killing 19 people. This is one thing I fear with SpaceX's SH/SS development: failing frequently is fine until it is not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VLS-1_V03
    The trick is not having people close to where you are playing with propellants.

That and flight termination systems make rocketry safe. A kiloton or 2 on the horizon is just a loud bang.

The Brazilian thing was stupid negligence of the most basic sort.
    Also see the event where Virgin Galactic's friends killed three engineers in an explosion.

Or the event this year where another 'emergent' rocket company had an event with people nearby, fortunately without casualties. Can't find a link immediately, but they got *lots* of criticism...
    I’ll refrain from commenting too much on the Virgin thing. He likes to sue.

The engineers were

1) pumping around multiple tons of a known monopropellant. AKA an explosive.
    2) they were unaware of the pressure/temperature issues documented in the literature about said propellant.
    3) they had no temperature measurement or control on the propellant tanks
    4) they had done no worst case (or any case) study to work out a safe zone.
    5) they did their tests with people nearby. For no requirement or reason.
    6) it was a blazing hot day in the desert, and they had no idea what that was doing to their test rig.

EDIT - do you mean those idiots who were running a giant blow torch they called a rocket motor, while trying to kill themselves? Complete with hiding behind a small hummock of earth about 6 feet from their “test”?

I’ll stop there…
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,899
    Boom and bust lol
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,244
    IshmaelZ said:

Rishi sounds like a creepy teenage dweeb. Just been watching Stranger Things and can picture him leaping on his chopper bike to head off Liz at the pass.

Can’t believe I never noticed the Rishi = EICIPM thing before.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,822
    On the assumption we aren't going to dash to the polls to show our appreciation of how lucky we are Truss has become Prime Minister, the next big election in Europe is Sweden on 11th September.

The latest poll from SKOP has fieldwork from 8th to the 11th so quite old already.

Changes from the last election:

Social Democrats: 31.5% (+3.2)
    Moderates: 18.5% (-1.3)
    Sweden Democrats: 16.6% (-0.9)
    Left Party: 10.3% (+2.3)
    Centre Party: 6.2% (-2.4)
    Liberal Party: 6.1% (+0.6)
    Christian Democrats: 5.7% (-0.6)
    Greens: 3.6% (-0.8)

With the 4% threshold, all bar the Greens would get seats in the Riksdag. The Social Democrats would be in a strong position but it would be back to the old hunt for coalition partners.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,043
    Truss is winning this because Sunak is losing his cool. Primarily because he is getting frustrated at her utter nonsense.

Although Phase-al (Faisal) has just chopped her off at the knees.
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,976
    Actually, very reassured. Liz is going to have a chancellor who helps rationalise our debt. Nice.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,286
    Betfair stable - unlike the debate!
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Dweeb on dweeb action.
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    Faisal Islam apparently unaware what the current UK yield curve looks like.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,079
    CatMan said:

Think Sunak is interrupting so much to try and show himself as "Stronger" than Truss

It's risk reward. The reward is she could crumble. The risk is he looks a bully. Worth taking because he knows he's behind.
  • Options
    A poor format.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,280
    There's an Opinium poll on this debate.

I'm one of the 1,000 or so ordinary voters taking part in this poll.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,578
    This is awful.

Rishi doing 90% of the talking.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,937
    stodge said:

On the assumption we aren't going to dash to the polls to show our appreciation of how lucky we are Truss has become Prime Minister, the next big election in Europe is Sweden on 11th September.

The latest poll from SKOP has fieldwork from 8th to the 11th so quite old already.

Changes from the last election:

Social Democrats: 31.5% (+3.2)
    Moderates: 18.5% (-1.3)
    Sweden Democrats: 16.6% (-0.9)
    Left Party: 10.3% (+2.3)
    Centre Party: 6.2% (-2.4)
    Liberal Party: 6.1% (+0.6)
    Christian Democrats: 5.7% (-0.6)
    Greens: 3.6% (-0.8)

With the 4% threshold, all bar the Greens would get seats in the Riksdag. The Social Democrats would be in a strong position but it would be back to the old hunt for coalition partners.

Italy also has its general election shortly after on 25th September, there the right leads, even if Sweden as is usually the case, sees the Social Democrats top again
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,175
    If we had a Lab and Con leaders debate before an election that was as fiery as this it would be great! Two people who politically despise each other tearing the other apart. Calling out their policies as stupid and their positions as lies.

But these two are supposedly the same party.
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited July 2022
    Truss is hardly getting a look in so far. I don't think Sunak is doing his chances any harm at all with all this exposition, and explanation, very assertively expressed.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,011
    Sunak is out of his depth at this level of politics.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,123

Faisal Islam now telling Truss that her borrow to cut taxes plan is incoherent bullshit.

Long term interest rates are higher but that doesn't stop us borrowing a bit more now if we have a good use for the money.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Jonathan said:

This is genuinely nasty. In an other universe, Ben Wallace is gently edging out Mourdaunt in a good humoured contest.

Yes, Ben Wallace's decision not to run for Tory leader may just have given Starmer an overall majority or very close to it. He was always the grown up in the room
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    So far I think Truss is winning this shit show. Rishi is trying too hard, looks a tad desperate.
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 703

Good that they’re sampling the working class.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,109

If we had a Lab and Con leaders debate before an election that was as fiery as this it would be great! Two people who politically despise each other tearing the other apart. Calling out their policies as stupid and their positions as lies.

Your opponents are opposite. Your enemies are next to you.
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,235
    Endillion said:

Get on with it! We want to hear from the candidates

Yes, we don't need to hear the audience's problems. We know them; we often share them.
    Yes, but Rishi doesn't.
    I doubt the average voter cares. Boris is a millionaire who owns four homes and won an 80-seat majority.
  • Options
    Endillion said:

Can you link to it ?
    Lower long term ?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095

Truss is winning this because Sunak is losing his cool. Primarily because he is getting frustrated at her utter nonsense.

Although Phase-al (Faisal) has just chopped her off at the knees.

Truss is losing because she has a battleship full of anchors in her past comments, dragging her to the seabed....
  • Options
    EabhalEabhal Posts: 5,880
    2nd comment from GF: "Dishi Rishi is actually a mansplaining creep. Will he shut up"
  • Options
    My god what a shower.

The Tories are completely out of ideas and out of time. This is literally like 2010
  • Options
    DriverDriver Posts: 4,522
    Big point scored by Truss, Mason quotes a book she co-authored, calling the British people skiers, Truss points out that bit was written by Raab who is supporting Sunak...
  • Options
    Chris Mason now throwing Britannia Unchained at her calling the audience workshy scum. "But I wrote the chapter on education. Dominic Raab wrote that chapter and he supports Rishi"

Jesus!!!!!! These two just need to hate fuck. Would be better than 6 weeks of this.
  • Options
    I think Rishi is probably right politically. If the Tories aren’t for bean counting, people will vote Labour. And they will
  • Options

FIFTH time in two weeks

Every statistics textbook I have ever read has started, Take a random sample....
  • Options
    Rishi worked in his mum's chemists don't you know and did her books and delivered prescriptions
  • Options
    NeilVW said:

Working class Northerner.
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,435
    I think Truss is winning - Rishi is coming across as too combative and frenetic. He is making Truss come across as calm and measured even though she’s talking rubbish.
  • Options
    I think Truss is winning this tbh
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Chill out Rishi.
  • Options
    EabhalEabhal Posts: 5,880
    edited July 2022
    Brilliant from Mason! And great from Truss. Homework done.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,077
    Eabhal said:

2nd comment from GF: "Dishi Rishi is actually a mansplaining creep. Will he shut up"

He is being too aggressive
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Jonathan said:

This is genuinely nasty. In an other universe, Ben Wallace is gently edging out Mourdaunt in a good humoured contest.

Yes, Ben Wallace's decision not to run for Tory leader may just have given Starmer an overall majority or very close to it. He was always the grown up in the room
    Or he concluded the Tories were going to lose so he’s keeping his powder clean
  • Options

My god what a shower.

The Tories are completely out of ideas and out of time. This is literally like 2010

Was there anyone this exercised with hate against fellow cabinet members like this?
  • Options

I think Rishi is probably right politically. If the Tories aren’t for bean counting, people will vote Labour. And they will

Boris was anything but a bean counter, what people want from the Tories is a charismatic leader with vision and patriotism, the bean counting is for the chancellor
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,215
    edited July 2022

Do we really believe them when they claim to have had these heated debates behind closed doors in Cabinet before? Or did they merely tut under their breath and note down a political opportunity for the future?
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,235
    Liz Truss did not follow Sophie Raworth's pronunciation of Faisal.
  • Options

My god what a shower.

Was there anyone this exercised with hate against fellow cabinet members like this?
    Gordon and Tony
  • Options
    Truss drifts to 1.58
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

There's not a thousand ordinary people watching this.
  • Options

Endillion said:

Yes, we don't need to hear the audience's problems. We know them; we often share them.
    Yes, but Rishi doesn't.
    I doubt the average voter cares. Boris is a millionaire who owns four homes and won an 80-seat majority.
    Which was fine when Brexit was the #1 issue at the heart of the election, and not fine if the key issue of the next one is cost of living.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Chris Mason now throwing Britannia Unchained at her calling the audience workshy scum. "But I wrote the chapter on education. Dominic Raab wrote that chapter and he supports Rishi"

Jesus!!!!!! These two just need to hate fuck. Would be better than 6 weeks of this.

Shades of the Clinton v Obama debates, also a slick privately educated non white male v a stiff white woman educated in public/state schools
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,584
    NeilVW said:

Yeah, a chap in a Salford back to back. (Seriously, Robert Roberts' The Classic Slum is an old favourite.)
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,123
    Eabhal said:

It's way too much. Sophie is the one who should be telling him to shut up.
  • Options

He’s out of his depth debating head-to-head with Truss? Oh dear.
  • Options

Sunak better-prepared but domineering - I wonder if he's overdoing it

I believe he is.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 595
    I liked Rishi a lot more before this debate, his obvious contempt for Truss and and "I know best" attitude isn't very attractive.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,200
    Eabhal said:

These sexist Asian males, eh? :lol:
  • Options
  • Options
    londonpubmanlondonpubman Posts: 3,174
    I'm not getting the impression that either of these can articulate a clear plan to deal with CPI...
  • Options
    Feckwits in the audience who voted Tory complaining about the shit being served up by the Tories.
  • Options
    Sunak has already lost, hasn't he? So what does he have to lose? Other than machine gun the Truss bullshit. Yes he is ranting a bit. But she is talking so much shit. And its loads of fun to watch.
  • Options
    The articulacy gap for Truss is very obvious, however.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,079

Truss is in a different class to the Blair impersonator Sunak.

He's lower 6th, she's 4th form?
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

He’s out of his depth debating head-to-head with Truss? Oh dear.
    Truss is quite good at grimacing a lot and talking in abstract economic policy terms for growth in towns
  • Options
    Sophie needs to get a grip on Rishi
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,940
    Driver said:

Big point scored by Truss, Mason quotes a book she co-authored, calling the British people skiers, Truss points out that bit was written by Raab who is supporting Sunak...

And it was downhill from there.
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,913

Sunak better-prepared but domineering - I wonder if he's overdoing it

I cant stand Truss and this is my least preferred head to head but Sunak is the wrong man at the wrong time. Filthy Rich guy saying no help for you until i say so is totally out of the question as a way forward.
  • Options
    Sunak correctly calling Truss' bluff on Solvency II: she does indeed have no idea what it means, and reforming it absolutely will not help drive investment in places like Stoke-on-Trent.
  • Options
    Finding it hard to stay focused on this tbh.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Carnyx said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Why? One's not very good and the other's utterly fecking awful.
    I'd rather look at videos of crashing rockets. They look more exciting.
    I'm actually watching the live feed from the hall. But not of the debate. Of an organ concert recorded about five years ago.

It's very good. Apart from the fact the organist confirms every stereotype about Dutch humour in his intro.

https://youtu.be/0HowudzPGfc
    What's the lady in the russet dress doing?
    Turning the pages and pressing the combination pistons which change multiple stops at once.

She has certainly got my organ functioning.
  • Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,763

I think Truss is winning - Rishi is coming across as too combative and frenetic. He is making Truss come across as calm and measured even though she’s talking rubbish.

There's a bit of a "Please stop picking on interrupting me" vibe coming from Truss though
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

FIFTH time in two weeks

Every statistics textbook I have ever read has started, Take a random sample....
    I'm represent several demographics that pollsters find hard to find.

Tory member, asian heritage, muslim, and a few others.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,200

Oo-er, Missus!
  • Options

Feckwits in the audience who voted Tory complaining about the shit being served up by the Tories.

"but nobody told us they would eat our face"

• Options
    A lot of turbo charging going on in Liz's world.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Shades of the Clinton v Obama debates, also a slick privately educated non white male v a stiff white woman educated in public/state schools
    Sunak is no Obama
  • Options
    They manage to make Labour look united and sane, how is this possible
  • Options
    I see they've changed their name to "Tory debate watch". Pretty sure they lost their shit when the Tories did something similar a few years back.
  • Options
    Give those two weapons and let them fight it out
  • Options
    Neither of them really doing ‘human’, although Sunak is trying to engage the audience without much success.

Penny could have scored big here with the right pitch.
  • Options

NeilVW said:

Working class Northerner.
    Liz?
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,109

Ummmm...
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

FIFTH time in two weeks

Do you get to answer 4 times then...?
  • Options
    Driver said:

I see they've changed their name to "Tory debate watch". Pretty sure they lost their shit when the Tories did something similar a few years back.
    Nah that was the Corbyn fandom
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,445
    Welcome Driver.
  • Options

Thanks for delivering this pair, Tory MPs and Daily Mail.

Thanks a fucking bunch.

The worst thing about Truss is that if/when she wins, she's provided so much material for Labour's attack messages.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Pulpstar said:

Endillion said:

Can you link to it ?
    Lower long term ?
    Basically flat. Has tried to invert a few times but not really got there so far.

http://www.worldgovernmentbonds.com/country/united-kingdom/

Edit: try this:
    https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/statistics/yield-curves
  • Options
    nico679nico679 Posts: 4,726
    Must be watching a different debate but Sunak is wiping the floor with Truss who seems to be making it up as she goes along regarding taxes .

If you want your home repossessed after mortgage rates go through the roof vote Truss !
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,560

IshmaelZ said:

FIFTH time in two weeks

...working-class northern lad, bespoke shoe collector?
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Welcome Driver.

You mean welcome back on their third or fourth account?
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Neither of them really doing ‘human’, although Sunak is trying to engage the audience without much success.

Her pitch is waaaaay too low. We know that isn't her natural register.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,932
    nico679 said:

Must be watching a different debate but Sunak is wiping the floor with Truss who seems to be making it up as she goes along regarding taxes .

If you want your home repossessed after mortgage rates go through the roof vote Truss !

Cheap additional BTL properties for those with cash..

So possibly a vote winner for older Tory party members...
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

FIFTH time in two weeks

Do you get to answer 4 times then...?
    My vote gets downweighted because I have a 10/10 interest in politics.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,845
    Nice of Truss to confirm there was no economic strategy for the past two and a half years.
  • Options
    TazTaz Posts: 11,052

Give those two weapons and let them fight it out

Cage match with barbed wire baseball bats, WWE style.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,445
    HYUFD said:

Rishi worked in his mum's chemists don't you know and did her books and delivered prescriptions

I'm impressed, non-sarcastically.
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,913
    edited July 2022
    Letting Rishi savage her may work out. She could end up winning with the sympathy of the public behind her. If shes confident of beating him in the vote its not the worst idea ever. Shes saving those for policy.
  • Options
    Truss now 1.59 but stable last 5 mins.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,845
    Why is Sophie letting Rishi go first, and cannibalise Liz’s time?
  • Options
    Thank you for your work in delivering the next Labour Government
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,244
    It’s a low bar but have to say I think Truss will do a superior job as PM to May. And let us not forget that May earned 42.4% of the vote.
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 703
    IanB2 said:

She struggled in fierce debate. Much as I liked her.
This discussion has been closed.