Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

2 months after Rishi collapsed the CON leader market is static – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited May 2022 in General
image2 months after Rishi collapsed the CON leader market is static – politicalbetting.com

One thing that really boosts Johnson in his can’t position is that there is no obvious person there to replace him as we see from the betting chart above. This of course all changed with the massive decline of the Sunak in March and since then no one has really emerged to perhaps take his place.

Read the full story here

Comments

• tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,164
    First.
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,274
    tlg86 said:

First.

I'll second that!
  • LeonLeon Posts: 46,238
    “The Sunak”?!

I quite like it
  • stodgestodge Posts: 12,741
    To be fair, that's about as wide open as it gets.

Based on @HYUFD whose knowledge of the Conservative membership has to be respected, Ben Wallace looks the call.
    Dirty Leeds earning that title at the moment.
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614
    Tom Tugendhat is now the favourite?

Would love to see some polling on how many people have even heard of him!
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,957
    I don't wish to belittle Sunak but I did say he was rubbish, who knew politicians who gave the voters money then took it away would become unpopular.

JohnO and myself had lunch yesterday, we reckon Wallace, Truss is too much of a joke, Hunt will make the final two and lose.

Not sure what happens if Truss and Hunt make the final two.

Surprise next Chancellor/PM/Tory Leader, Steve Barclay.
  • wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,831
    edited May 2022
    tlg86 said:

Lamentable effort since they kicked off against Man City 2 games ago. Raphina and Phillips are the only 2 premier quality players
  • CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,074

I don't wish to belittle Sunak but I did say he was rubbish, who knew politicians who gave the voters money then took it away would become unpopular.

JohnO and myself had lunch yesterday, we reckon Wallace, Truss is too much of a joke, Hunt will make the final two and lose.

Hasn't Wallace said he's not interested?
  • StockyStocky Posts: 9,653
    Sandpit said:

Tom Tugendhat is now the favourite?

Would love to see some polling on how many people have even heard of him!

Joint favourite with Truss with BF and with Truss and Hunt with the trad bookies. I agree, it's crazy.
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,741

I don't wish to belittle Sunak

Not impressed. I tend to be a bit short with people who make heightest jokes.
    Cyclefree said:

Want me to list all the politicians who said they had no interest in running for the leadership then ran?
    edited May 2022
    I'm assuming Dan James could only get a summer holiday booked for this weekend after that challenge
    What did we expect from a united reject
  • MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    Sandpit said:

Government admits today it may send Ukrainian refugees to Rwanda? Tell me I’m wrong. 😟

You’re wrong. The Ukranian refugees are all being sponsored by UK citizens and residents, and issued visas before they arrive. Those going to Rwanda are the irregular and undocumented arrivals, most of whom turn up on small boats across the Channel.
    Yes that is the answer my family just gave me, after I saw it on the news, only not as polite as you. They said Channel 4 news lying.

But what if Ukrainians frustrated by the official route try the quicker route believing it’s okay they Ukrainians? Can you rule out they will end up in Rwanda? I think that’s where the government didn’t.
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,769
    Come on Chelsea & Watford!

I'd have Wallace and Hunt as joint favourites.

I'm already on Barclay at 16.5 for next chancellor with Smarkets.
  • FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,005
    What would the odds be on a play off match between Liverpool and Manchester Ciy to determine the winners of the premier league. If level on points, goal difference, goals scored and head to head results (tick) that is what would happen.

At the moment they've scored the same number of goals but City have conceded 3 fewer.
    tlg86 said:

Yup, well earned.
    edited May 2022
    FPT for @rcs1000

“The evidence hasn't changed one jot in two years: the same city where bat viruses are researched is the same city where the virus emerged. It is massive circumstantial evidence, that makes it by far the most likely source of the virus. But it doesn't preclude the small chance that it is entirely zoonotic.”

+++

This is not true. Loads more evidence has emerged - the alteration of the Furin Cleavage Site, the fact Daszak put in a bid to do precisely this virological engineering, the endless redacted emails showing that everyone in UK/US initially ASSUMED it came from the lab (then weirdly and inexplicably changed their minds overnight), and so on, and so forth

Is this all just “circumstantial”? I guess maybe. But if you are waiting for “hard” evidence: ie a video of something tampering with a bat virus then - Ooops! - spilling it near the market, that’s not gonna happen

Otherwise I agree. We can now say it very likely came from the lab. We cannot say this absolutely, however - and probably never will be able to do that
    Cyclefree said:

In a Jim Hacker way, Or for real?

In any case it would be a pleasant change to have a PM who wasn't crazed with getting power for its own sake. Haven't had one of those in a while.
  • JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,517
    Off-topic:

I listened to a heart-breaking story on r5L earlier about the dad of a child with hepatitis, who gave part of his liver for his three year old daughter. I'm hoping this does not become a bigger story:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/05/450-cases-11-dead-worldwide-in-growing-child-hepatitis-mystery/
  • geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,092
    Leon said:

“The Sunak”?!

I quite like it

Its slight astringency is nice sprinkled on roasted vegetables.
  • OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 14,911

Sandpit said:

Government admits today it may send Ukrainian refugees to Rwanda? Tell me I’m wrong. 😟

You’re wrong. The Ukranian refugees are all being sponsored by UK citizens and residents, and issued visas before they arrive. Those going to Rwanda are the irregular and undocumented arrivals, most of whom turn up on small boats across the Channel.
    Yes that is the answer my family just gave me, after I saw it on the news, only not as polite as you. They said Channel 4 news lying.

But what if Ukrainians frustrated by the official route try the quicker route believing it’s okay they Ukrainians? Can you rule out they will end up in Rwanda? I think that’s where the government didn’t.
    If it's OK to send a refugee from the war in Syria to Rwanda, why is it not OK to send a refugee from the war in Ukraine there?
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,038
    Late to this as it was this morning's Times but, wow, this is blistering double barrel stuff from Finkelstein:

"It is perfectly obvious that the government is confused about what it stands for. This is because it is confused about who it stands for.

The prime minister and the chancellor believe in different fiscal policies, the government believes in low taxes but is raising taxes, the party believes in free trade but is presiding over vast increases in trade barriers for Britain. It is a free-market party that has fallen out with the leadership of big business. It is a Conservative Party but isn’t sure how seriously it takes the rule of law. Or treaties. Or standards in public life."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0d62e7f8-d078-11ec-84ba-2054de44b21e?shareToken=cfb37b7a29183f3fe783ec72bb348f78
    A Jan. 6 defendant, Charles Hand, says he needs a gun at home because he recently had to kill a snake with a shovel. DOJ says there are other ways to protect your property from snakes than shooting them

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1524464920523378689

tlg86 said:

Yup, well earned.
    Don't you want Everton to get relegated?

I didn't know Robert cared about Burnley.
  • MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    rcs1000 said:

I'll second that

tlg86 said:

Yup, well earned.

I don't want Everton to get relegated.

I have a few Evertonian friends and I know how important the club is to them.

I think Everton getting relegated would be a genuinely existential crisis for them given their finances.

My own club nearly went into administration which would have led to a fire sale and relegation and I don't want that to happen any one.
    With Bielsa gone Leeds short lived run as not one of the world's most despised teams ends
    ydoethur said:

Cyclefree said:

In a Jim Hacker way, Or for real?

In any case it would be a pleasant change to have a PM who wasn't crazed with getting power for its own sake. Haven't had one of those in a while.
    But Wallace is so dull. And not in a good way. In a IDS way. He would lead the Tories to mediocre defeat, at a time when they don’t need to be defeatist - yet. Starmer is not Blair

If forced to choose between the guys I’d go for Hunt. OK he was a Remainer, whatever. He’s clever, measured and articulate, and doesn’t make me want to drip LSD into my eyes to keep me awake

A Jan. 6 defendant, Charles Hand, says he needs a gun at home because he recently had to kill a snake with a shovel. DOJ says there are other ways to protect your property from snakes than shooting them

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1524464920523378689

What is the difference between the Ontological Argument and the Second Amendment?

One is illogical nonsense formulated centuries ago by idiots and defended solely by lunatics, and the other was the idea of Anselm of Canterbury.

tlg86 said:

Yup, well earned.
    Phillips lucky not to get red for that tackle.
    Leon said:

FPT for @rcs1000

“The evidence hasn't changed one jot in two years: the same city where bat viruses are researched is the same city where the virus emerged. It is massive circumstantial evidence, that makes it by far the most likely source of the virus. But it doesn't preclude the small chance that it is entirely zoonotic.”

+++

This is not true. Loads more evidence has emerged - the alteration of the Furin Cleavage Site, the fact Daszak put in a bid to do precisely this virological engineering, the endless redacted emails showing that everyone in UK/US initially ASSUMED it came from the lab (then weirdly and inexplicably changed their minds overnight), and so on, and so forth

Is this all just “circumstantial”? I guess maybe. But if you are waiting for “hard” evidence: ie a video of something tampering with a bat virus then - Ooops! - spilling it near the market, that’s not gonna happen

Otherwise I agree. We can now say it very likely came from the lab. We cannot say this absolutely, however - and probably never will be able to do that

Who'd have thought gain of function research would lead to gain of function in a coronavirus.
    Shocker.
    Bat soup though.

rcs1000 said:

I'll second that
    You can get 96 with BF on 10-man Leeds turning this match round. You never know.
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,835

tlg86 said:

Yup, well earned.

I think Everton getting relegated would be a genuinely existential crisis for them given their finances.

My own club nearly went into administration which would have led to a fire sale and relegation and I don't want that to happen any one.
    I suspect that would be a bigger issue for Burnley given the debt loaded on the club.
  • CatManCatMan Posts: 2,721

Sandpit said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/may/11/ukraine-refugees-who-enter-uk-via-ireland-may-be-sent-to-rwanda-mps-told

"Undocumented people who travel from Ukraine to the UK via Ireland could be considered for removal to Rwanda, a senior Home Office official has told MPs.

During the same select committee hearing, a minister refused to say under repeated questioning whether Ukrainians who arrive in the UK across the Channel by boat could also be sent to the central African country."
    edited May 2022
    tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Yup, well earned.
    Phillips lucky not to get red for that tackle.
    After last season they believe themselves too good to go down and are frustrated, but we were down there for 15 years for a reason.......
    Bielsas small squad stuff works if you're Man City/Real, not if you're little Leeds

Leon said:

FPT for @rcs1000

+++

Who'd have thought gain of function research would lead to gain of function in a coronavirus.
    Shocker.
    Bat soup though.
    The transfer from non-human animals - pangolin in this case it is said - I guess had plausibility due to HIV coming from bats. I'm not sure Ockham's Razor necessarily points to a lab. Maybe we'll never know.

What are the views of @Carnyx and @CD13 ?
    dixiedean said:

tlg86 said:

Yup, well earned.

I suspect that would be a bigger issue for Burnley given the debt loaded on the club.
    Yeah, £65 million loan repayment the moment they get relegated.
  • noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,451

Bielsas small squad stuff works if you're Man City/Real, not if you're little Leeds

It works if you don't get injuries. Burnley have kept a small squad for years with very few changes game to game and it works fine. Until you run out of players and then it doesn't.

Leon said:

FPT for @rcs1000

+++

Shocker.
    Bat soup though.
    A Nobel prize in medicine awaits the scientists behind this patently outstandingly successful research on the accumulated evidence.

Tbf. It helps with a small squad not to have half a dozen suspended.

It works if you don't get injuries. Burnley have kept a small squad for years with very few changes game to game and it works fine. Until you run out of players and then it doesn't.
    Yes but bielsa keeps a small squad then for 3 years ran them into the floor. Too much and not buying in January with no striker and injuries aplenty was the end
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,393
    Yesterday evening we went to see Simon Brodkin over in Manchester. Very funny - it's the fourth time we've seen him. And not a face mask to be seen.

Anyway, he said that when he pulled the P45 prank on Tezzie May, in order to gain access to the Tory conference he had to...

....buy a ticket in his own name.
    CatMan said:

Sandpit said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/may/11/ukraine-refugees-who-enter-uk-via-ireland-may-be-sent-to-rwanda-mps-told

"Undocumented people who travel from Ukraine to the UK via Ireland could be considered for removal to Rwanda, a senior Home Office official has told MPs.

During the same select committee hearing, a minister refused to say under repeated questioning whether Ukrainians who arrive in the UK across the Channel by boat could also be sent to the central African country."
    They would have to practice equal treatment so if they send refugees from other war zones to Rwanda they have to send Ukrainians who have entered the UK in the same way there too. This is what happens when the government follows two logically inconsistent tabloid narratives, because unlike the tabloids the government isn't allowed to discriminate based on skin tone.
  • Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,043
    geoffw said:

Leon said:

FPT for @rcs1000

+++

Shocker.
    Bat soup though.
    A Nobel prize in medicine awaits the scientists behind this patently outstandingly successful research on the accumulated evidence.

A Nobel prize and several million lawsuits one hopes.
    I've often thought Labour, since Blair, were far too nice when it came to winning elections, doesn't apply under Starmer.

Stocky said:

Leon said:

FPT for @rcs1000

+++

Shocker.
    Bat soup though.
    The transfer from non-human animals - pangolin in this case it is said - I guess had plausibility due to HIV coming from bats. I'm not sure Ockham's Razor necessarily points to a lab. Maybe we'll never know.

You might be literally the last person on earth still forlornly hoping that it is pangolins. Bless
    And

• Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,009

That's my position as well.

Hunt is unfairly branded as a Remainer/One Nation stooge but I think he's far more sophisticated than that.
    Stocky said:

Leon said:

FPT for @rcs1000

+++

Shocker.
    Bat soup though.

When the lab is at the epicentre and studies coronaviruses its probably top choice though.
    edited May 2022
    Ugh, Labour have used a grocer's/Brexiteer's apostrophe.

#StarmerMustGo

And

Good to see. All good points, well made.
    Come on Wolves. If you're gonna lose at least keep the goals down.
    Leon said:

Stocky said:

Leon said:

FPT for @rcs1000

+++

Shocker.
    Bat soup though.

You might be literally the last person on earth still forlornly hoping that it is pangolins. Bless
    Not hoping. I genuinely have no idea. Not invested in either hypothesis.

I've often thought Labour, since Blair, were far too nice when it came to winning elections, doesn't apply under Starmer.

You suspect he was working late on this, over a beer and a takeaway

geoffw said:

Leon said:

FPT for @rcs1000

+++

Shocker.
    Bat soup though.

A Nobel prize and several million lawsuits one hopes.
    That'll be a shot in the arm for m'learned friends.

Is it me or do Leeds avoid goals better with half the team in prison for stud muggings

And

Apart from, as @TSE notes, the punctuation points...

Ugh, Labour have used a grocer's/Brexiteer's apostrophe.

#StarmetMustGo

Trying to win back Leave voters and prove they're not all elitist London lawyers. Smart.
    edited May 2022

dixiedean said:

tlg86 said:

Yup, well earned.

Not saying Everton wouldn't be a shitshow if we went down. But.
    We don't have to pay anything out on relegation.
    We could put the stadium on hold.
    We will continue to sell 30k season tickets.
    We have players who will command serious transfer fees. Pickford, Gray, Gordon, Richarlison.
    We have a farcically bloated squad. So all four could go along with everyone out of contract, and we'd still have a large squad.
    Our youth and U23s are competitive.

Burnley don't have most of those advantages.
    Bloody hell. One-all.
    ydoethur said:

And

Apart from, as @TSE notes, the punctuation points...
    Well it is taxpayers' money but also taxpayer's money. The singular makes it more personal. Smart.
    dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

tlg86 said:

Yup, well earned.

We have players who will command serious transfer fees. Pickford, Gray, Gordon, Richarlison.
    We have a farcically bloated squad. So all four could go along with everyone out of contract, and we'd still have a large squad.

My fear is that Moshiri would lose interest and pull the plug on funding the club.

Yes but bielsa keeps a small squad then for 3 years ran them into the floor. Too much and not buying in January with no striker and injuries aplenty was the end
    Burnley have done the same. Leeds is a very typical example of second season syndrome. First season back Leeds have extra momentum and other teams not sure on best way to tackle their unusual set up. Second season, everyone knows the right tactics.

Sheffield United had exactly the same experience with their dynamic centre backs formation.
  • Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,846
    FPT

[SSI - my own theory is that Pickett was Harney's protege AND both were rash hotheads NOT noted for brainpower]

Is that the same George Pickett who led the doomed charge at Gettysburg?
  • StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,085

Hunt is unfairly branded as a Remainer/One Nation stooge but I think he's far more sophisticated than that.
    He is, and he's the most plausible Prime Minister the Conservatives can drop into place.

However, elevating Hunt would also be a pretty clear "we screwed up in summer 2019" message. And I don't see much sign of the Conservative Party being ready to admit that yet.

The interesting question is why had Truss benefited so little from Sunak's implosion. In theory, she's the biggest beast left who is not obviously utterly unsuitable. And yet...

Burnley have done the same. Leeds is a very typical example of second season syndrome. First season back Leeds have extra momentum and other teams not sure on best way to tackle their unusual set up. Second season, everyone knows the right tactics.

Sheffield United had exactly the same experience with their dynamic centre backs formation.
    Leeds slso, sad to say as a fan, think we are still rightfully a 'big' club,
    We haven't been since Ken Bates bought us for a tin of spam and gutted what was left

He is, and he's the most plausible Prime Minister the Conservatives can drop into place.

However, elevating Hunt would also be a pretty clear "we screwed up in summer 2019" message. And I don't see much sign of the Conservative Party being ready to admit that yet.

The interesting question is why had Truss benefited so little from Sunak's implosion. In theory, she's the biggest beast left who is not obviously utterly unsuitable. And yet...
    Ummmm....
    KDB is brilliant. What were the journos smoking when they gave Salah footballer of the year?

Probably concern given the history with Field etc. Turnip taliban were really unhappy to receive her

Sandpit said:

If it's OK to send a refugee from the war in Syria to Rwanda, why is it not OK to send a refugee from the war in Ukraine there?
    Becuase of disease protection is the obvious answer to your question. We would have to make sure everyone sent there is protected front bungy fever and Malaria wouldn’t we?
    Early in his presidency Donald Trump repeatedly grilled his aides on whether China could be manufacturing hurricanes and directing them at the United States, asking whether he could retaliate with military force.

Trump demanded to know if China had developed a “hurricane gun” and whether using it would constitute an act of war, according to unnamed former officials who spoke to Rolling Stone.

“It was almost too stupid for words,” one source told the magazine. “I did not get the sense he was joking at all.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/donald-trump-asked-if-china-was-firing-hurricanes-at-us-aides-claim-m5bp3pjjh
    Stocky said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

Leon said:

FPT for @rcs1000

+++

Shocker.
    Bat soup though.

Then do a spot of reading. Came from that there lab
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,762
    That list for player of the season in full

1 Kevin de Bruyne.

That’s it.

Early in his presidency Donald Trump repeatedly grilled his aides on whether China could be manufacturing hurricanes and directing them at the United States, asking whether he could retaliate with military force.

Trump demanded to know if China had developed a “hurricane gun” and whether using it would constitute an act of war, according to unnamed former officials who spoke to Rolling Stone.

“It was almost too stupid for words,” one source told the magazine. “I did not get the sense he was joking at all.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/donald-trump-asked-if-china-was-firing-hurricanes-at-us-aides-claim-m5bp3pjjh

Is that where all that nonsense about nuking hurricanes came from?
  • ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 4,920
    edited May 2022
    tlg86 said:

KDB is brilliant. What were the journos smoking when they gave Salah footballer of the year?

Simply the best player in the world currently. But, he’s a team man without the ego of Messi or Ronaldo, so it isn’t properly acknowledged.
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,138
    Stocky said:

Leon said:

FPT for @rcs1000

+++

Shocker.
    Bat soup though.

Not been keeping up with the literature to add anything.
  • Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 48,913

He wants to curry favour with the voters of Wakefield?

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

tlg86 said:

Yup, well earned.

My fear is that Moshiri would lose interest and pull the plug on funding the club.
    My fear is that he won't!
    The club's gone to the dogs since he took over. No planning and totally lost our identity. Money pissed up the wall.
    You knew what you'd get when we were penniless under Moyes. No one liked playing us. We'd overachieve with players from the Championship, League One, America, China and Sligo Rovers.

Stocky said:

Leon said:

FPT for @rcs1000

+++

Shocker.
    Bat soup though.

When the lab is at the epicentre and studies coronaviruses its probably top choice though.
    At least one study presented evidence otherwise - mapped cases pointing ti the market.

tlg86 said:

Simply, the best player in the world currently. But, he’s a team man without the ego of Messi or Ronaldo, so it isn’t properly acknowledged.
    Er, Mbappe?
    De Bruyne is summat else.
  • Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,001
    What a goal by KDB

Sandpit said:

Becuase of disease protection is the obvious answer to your question. We would have to make sure everyone sent there is protected front bungy fever and Malaria wouldn’t we?
    Applies just as well to Syrian folk, though.
    Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

Leon said:

FPT for @rcs1000

+++

Shocker.
    Bat soup though.

At least one study presented evidence otherwise - mapped cases pointing ti the market.
    Worobey. Since debunked
    edited May 2022

Weather manipulation and modification has been a concern since the 50s.
    Unnamed former officials in my bedroom say I am a legendary lover by the way. True.
    edited May 2022
    Leon said:

tlg86 said:

Simply, the best player in the world currently. But, he’s a team man without the ego of Messi or Ronaldo, so it isn’t properly acknowledged.
    Er, Mbappe?
    Mbappe doesn't count, he's playing in a league that is even less competitive than the Scottish Premier League.

He needs to perform in a non farmers league.

We haven't been since Ken Bates bought us for a tin of spam and gutted what was left
    In some ways it is easier for the likes of Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth, Brentford, Wigan, Hull, Charlton etc to have lengthy spells in the Premier League than Leeds, Sheff Weds, Sheff Utd, Forest, Sunderland etc as accepting mere survival as success perpetually is tough for their fans, owners and coaches.
  • ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 4,920
    Leon said:

tlg86 said:

Er, Mbappe?
    Actually, the only one who comes close is Haaland, and they’ll be in the same team next season. Frightening.
    edited May 2022
    dixiedean said:

De Bruyne is summat else.

I was going through my "Opposition XI" (i.e. opposition players I've seen play against Arsenal) yesterday and I didn't put KDB in it. Might have to reconsider that.

He wants to curry favour with the voters of Wakefield?
    Starmer had a takeaway, and then the police took his job away 😆
  • StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    Angus Council: SNP forms administration with backing from independents

The SNP is to lead Angus Council after reaching agreement for support with two independent councillors, marking an end to a scandal-ridden Tory dominated administration.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/20131782.angus-council-snp-forms-administration-backing-independents/
  • OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,688
    It is all going wrong for the Tories.

Oddly, and entirely, in that they insist on doing the stupidest things imaginable.

The next Tory leader is long overdue.
    Leon said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

Leon said:

FPT for @rcs1000

+++

Shocker.
    Bat soup though.

Worobey. Since debunked
    More than one paper, and it was also a matter of genetic trees not just geography.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00584-8#ref-CR3

But I lost interest after that as I had to deal with more urgent matters.
    edited May 2022
    DavidL said:

That list for player of the season in full

1 Kevin de Bruyne.

That’s it.

Don’t let TSE see this, but Bruyner has just won the title, hasn’t he?
  • EabhalEabhal Posts: 5,781
    Leon said:

Stocky said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

Leon said:

FPT for @rcs1000

+++

Shocker.
    Bat soup though.

Then do a spot of reading. Came from that there lab
    If you point out to people that a Foot & Mouth outbreak came from a UK lab then you'll find them receptive to the idea.

People are sensitive to racism (rightly), so putting it in Western terms absolves then of that.
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,392

late to this as it was this morning's Times but, wow, this is blistering double barrel stuff from Finkelstein:

"It is perfectly obvious that the government is confused about what it stands for. This is because it is confused about who it stands for.

The prime minister and the chancellor believe in different fiscal policies, the government believes in low taxes but is raising taxes, the party believes in free trade but is presiding over vast increases in trade barriers for Britain. It is a free-market party that has fallen out with the leadership of big business. It is a Conservative Party but isn’t sure how seriously it takes the rule of law. Or treaties. Or standards in public life."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0d62e7f8-d078-11ec-84ba-2054de44b21e?shareToken=cfb37b7a29183f3fe783ec72bb348f78

I think the government is very sure how seriously it takes the rule of law and standards in public life.

In some ways it is easier for the likes of Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth, Brentford, Wigan, Hull, Charlton etc to have lengthy spells in the Premier League than Leeds, Sheff Weds, Sheff Utd, Forest, Sunderland etc as accepting mere survival as success perpetually is tough for their fans, owners and coaches.
    Tbh life in the PL is miserable for all but about 8 teams. My sister is a Norwich season ticket holder, she hates PL seasons.
This discussion has been closed.