Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

What’s this chart going to look like on Friday? – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited May 2022 in General
imageWhat’s this chart going to look like on Friday? – politicalbetting.com

Thursday’s elections take place against a huge amount of speculation about the future of the man who won the 2019 general election for the Tories.

Read the full story here

Comments

• IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Just another manic Friday
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,772
    I suspect that the blue line will go favourite again.
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,765
    Re the local elections, and following on from Yougov.

I think that Wandsworth is a lot more than leaning Labour. I think that Labour will win the borough very comfortably.

Barnet, I think, comes down to whether Starmer has detoxified Labour sufficiently among Jewish voters. Labour should win a clear majority in the wards making up Chipping Barnet. It will turn on whether they can make headway in Hendon, and in Finchley & Golders Green.

Westminster should see Labour lead comfortably in terms of vote share, but like Kensington, the ward boundaries are drawn very favourably towards the Conservatives. Labour need a big lead to take that borough.
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,165
    Football, bloody hell.
  • Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,003
    Well I spoke too soon

2 - 2 (5 - 5)
    Twitchy, twitchy.
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,837
    Blooming heck City.
    Extra time on now.

The "journalists" rewriting the same beergate scandal story every day. Have they been promised their own show on a right wing TV network with no viewers if they do as they are told?

The "RochdalePioneers" rewriting the same beergate scandal story every day on PB. Has he been promised his own show on a left wing TV network with no viewers if he does as he is told?

Posting 50 times a day that NOBODY IS POSTING ABOUT THE STORY I AM POSTING ABOUT, NOBODY, DO YOU HEAR ME? is deep into Cretan paradox country
  • LeonLeon Posts: 46,254
    Man City will be lucky to scrape to extra time
  • RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,013
    Aren't Madrid now ahead on away goals?
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,069
    dixiedean said:

Blooming heck City.
    Extra time on now.

Never leave early. Those RM fans must be kicking themselves.
  • londonpubmanlondonpubman Posts: 3,153
    I don't think Keir will be going for a celebratory curry on Friday 🌶️👍
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 3,853

No such thing now

No, scrapped this season.
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,281

Away goals rule dropped this year.
    And since when did BT get exclusive rights to the Champions League? Why not just give it to Setanta or DAZN and have done with it so that nobody can watch it.

And since when did BT get exclusive rights to the Champions League? Why not just give it to Setanta or DAZN and have done with it so that nobody can watch it.

BT have had it since 2015.
    Fancy Real to win this now, with home advantage and all the fervour

But Liverpool to win the Final
  • What drama in the Bernabeau. The commentators were already talking about the Liverpool/City final then . . . what an impressive comeback to go to Extra Time.
    edited May 2022

I seem to get BT Sport free with my btinternet broadband 😁

Bloody idiots in the EU insisting on "competition" resulting in football fans having to buy multiple licences to watch their sports. Some things are a natural monopoly and football, until we get general streaming, is one of them.

8.7 million watched last years champions league final

I seem to get BT Sprot free with my btinternet broadband 😁
    I've now got it free via a Starmer Stream. Thats why he was illegally eating a curry with Nye Bevan, to set up internet streaming services.
  • Leon said:

Sounds about right but I think I want City to win this. We need them to somehow drop a point in the Premier League which is unlikely enough, but if the League is the only thing they've got left to play for then I expect its even less likely. If they go into the final games of the season knowing they've got the Champions League final coming up they might be more incentivised to rest some players or something ...
  • NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,263
    Sean_F said:

I think that Wandsworth is a lot more than leaning Labour. I think that Labour will win the borough very comfortably.

Barnet, I think, comes down to whether Starmer has detoxified Labour sufficiently among Jewish voters. Labour should win a clear majority in the wards making up Chipping Barnet. It will turn on whether they can make headway in Hendon, and in Finchley & Golders Green.

Westminster should see Labour lead comfortably in terms of vote share, but like Kensington, the ward boundaries are drawn very favourably towards the Conservatives. Labour need a big lead to take that borough.

My feeling - and it's just that, not based on any knowledge - is that Jewish voters in Barnet left Labour quite reluctantly, and will return in sufficient numbers. In general, though, Labour looks likely to have a decent night in terms of polling numbers but few major gains to point to, and some local setbacks. The Tory collapse in the south may be more significant. But overall I don't think the elections are going to be a killer blow for Johnson.
  • FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775
    DavidL said:

Bloody idiots in the EU insisting on "competition" resulting in football fans having to buy multiple licences to watch their sports. Some things are a natural monopoly and football, until we get general streaming, is one of them.
    Football is not a natural monopoly, not even close.
  • BartholomewRobertsBartholomewRoberts Posts: 18,156
    edited May 2022

8.7 million watched last years champions league final
    It was made free to watch, wasn't it? The Liverpool one was, so I already expect this year's will be.

I'm going to cancel my subscription now, should have a month ago so the month's notice expired now. Signed up for the Ashes but kept it for the Champions League, don't see any point paying for it going forwards now.

Penalty to Madrid! What drama!
  • MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415

I've now got it free via a Starmer Stream. Thats why he was illegally eating a curry with Nye Bevan, to set up internet streaming services.
    Calm down dear, don’t let Z get to you 🙂
  • CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,540
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 Our 2022 local election forecast:

CON: -206
    LAB: +147
    LDEM: +34
    GRN: +35

SNP: -12
    PC: -14

Drilldown:
    sotn.newstatesman.com/2022/05/our-lo…

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1521957860887912448
    That’s it
    Wow penalty to Real
  • mwadamsmwadams Posts: 3,089
    edited May 2022

Drilldown:

LDs and Greens the big winners in England. (excluding London)
  • StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,089
    It's hard to see how the Conservatives can do so unambiguously badly that Johnson has to have the whisky and revolver treatment. The underlying map sees to that, and there's always somewhere where a struggling government does well locally.

So the Johnson exit date question comes down to what it's always come down to:

Do enough Conservative MPs want to risk shooting at Johnson? They can bring him down whenever they want, if that's what they want to do. But if they wait for someone else to do the dirty work for them, they may have to wait a long time.
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,739

Drilldown:
    https://sotn.newstatesman.com/2022/05/our-local-election-forecast-for-2022/ https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1521957860887912448/photo/1
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Water, electricity, gas, rail transport... now we're talking natural monopolies.
  • Farooq said:

DavidL said:

It 100% is because only one channel shows the fixture, so every single fixture absolutely is monopolised.

"Competition" would be me being able to watch Liverpool fixtures on my choice of Sky or BT. Having to pay for both isn't competition.
    Mac City have thrown this away over the two legs. Tsk

Leon said:

Sounds about right but I think I want City to win this. We need them to somehow drop a point in the Premier League which is unlikely enough, but if the League is the only thing they've got left to play for then I expect its even less likely. If they go into the final games of the season knowing they've got the Champions League final coming up they might be more incentivised to rest some players or something ...
    Man City will be psychologically broken, and drop points elsewhere.
  • DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Water, electricity, gas, rail transport... now we're talking natural monopolies.
    I can choose which company I get my electricity from - that is competition.
    I can choose which company I get my gas from - that is competition.
    I can choose which transport option I take, with different companies going from the train station too - that is competition.

I can't choose which company I get a fixture from. There is no choice, there is no competition, only one channel broadcasts it. The fact a different channel broadcasts different fixtures doesn't help me, it just means I need to pay for the same thing twice!
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,407
    Damn, I love an all English final. But hopefully that will break their will elsewhere.
  • Foxy said:

Leon said:

I hope you're right.
    Scott_xP said:

Drilldown:
    https://sotn.newstatesman.com/2022/05/our-local-election-forecast-for-2022/ https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1521957860887912448/photo/1

Survivable.

Farooq said:

DavidL said:

It 100% is because only one channel shows the fixture, so every single fixture absolutely is monopolised.

"Competition" would be me being able to watch Liverpool fixtures on my choice of Sky or BT. Having to pay for both isn't competition.
    You can watch a given team on Sky, BT, Prime Video, in different competitions, and sometimes in the same competitions.
    And there's no reason in principle that even the same game couldn't be on multiple channels. It's not a natural monopoly.
  • CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,074
    First item on the BBC News at 10 - about disabled children in Ukraine - is unbelievably distressing.

edited May 2022

Drilldown:

Now that's a lot more in my ballpark than some of the ludicrous expectations management I've seen.
    Bit high for Labour. And low for the LD's. But in that region I would say.
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,765
    mwadams said:

Drilldown:

I expect the Conservatives would be pretty happy with that outcome.
    Leon said:

Man City will never win the Champions League. They have had there chances in the past.

Question is can Liverpool beat Man City. I am no Liverpool fan but maybe they can! 👍
    Foxy said:

Leon said:

A first leg where they could and should have won 6-3 not 4-3, then a second leg where they were cruising to victory with a 2 goal lead with about six minutes left. And they lose?! (Or so it seems right now)

It will be painful in the extreme

It's hard to see how the Conservatives can do so unambiguously badly that Johnson has to have the whisky and revolver treatment. The underlying map sees to that, and there's always somewhere where a struggling government does well locally.

So the Johnson exit date question comes down to what it's always come down to:

Do enough Conservative MPs want to risk shooting at Johnson? They can bring him down whenever they want, if that's what they want to do. But if they wait for someone else to do the dirty work for them, they may have to wait a long time.

Probably the smartest bet we can place tonight is Truss to No. 11 and Sunak to leave government. Other calls in the imminent post locals reshuffle harder to call with Patel resisting attempts to move her to party chair.

You can't help yourself, can you? Nobody else wanted to talk about beergate lying lockdown buster Sir Keirio curry-guzzler, but you just had to drag him into the thread.

Leon said:

Man City will never win the Champions League. They have had there chances in the past.

Question is can Liverpool beat Man City. I am no Liverpool fan but maybe they can! 👍
    Or maybe can Liverpool beat Real Madrid 👍
    kle4 said:

Damn, I love an all English final. But hopefully that will break their will elsewhere.

I hate an all English final. We watch that every season.CL is better when international.
  • Farooq said:

Farooq said:

DavidL said:

You can watch a given team on Sky, BT, Prime Video, in different competitions, and sometimes in the same competitions.
    And there's no reason in principle that even the same game couldn't be on multiple channels. It's not a natural monopoly.
    Each fixture is monopolised.

I agree that there's no reason in principle the same game couldn't be on multiple channels, but that wasn't the ruling they made. If it was, then there'd be actual competition, but it wasn't. Instead we get the worst of all worlds and need to pay twice for the same product.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,575
    This may be their final fight.

https://twitter.com/EuromaidanPress/status/1521902853778030596
    Heavy fighting continues at Mariupol's Azovstal as of 18:00 EEST - Suspilne citing Azov-Kyiv co-commander Maksym Zhorin
    Communication was restored with the 🇺🇦military at Azovstal. Russians partially broke into the plant's territory from one direction…

… "It's the second day as the enemy broke into the premises of the plant. There are heavy bloody battles. The situation is extremely difficult, but in spite of everything we continue to carry out the order to keep the defense" - Azov Regiment Commander Lt-Col Denys Prokopenko.
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,149
    edited May 2022

Ramsay MacDonald surely. And it was a Finnan haddock.
    Sean_F said:

mwadams said:

Drilldown:

I expect the Conservatives would be pretty happy with that outcome.
    We want more! 😝
    Labour is likely to advance in key battlegrounds in the local elections but may struggle to win significant numbers of new councils outright, according to a major new results projection by YouGov for Sky News.

Labour looks set to make slower progress tomorrow in the north of England than elsewhere in the local council elections, despite Sir Keir Starmer putting regaining the "red wall" lost in the 2019 general election at the top of his agenda.

https://news.sky.com/story/local-elections-2022-labour-to-advance-in-key-battlegrounds-but-struggle-to-win-many-councils-outright-poll-suggests-12605545
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 14,884
    Foxy said:

kle4 said:

I hate an all English final. We watch that every season.CL is better when international.
    I used to like it when I liked the success of English clubs. But they are all so international now, and as others have said, we see it at lest twice a year already, so I do now prefer not to have two English finalists.
    The ref has been terrible tonight.
  • Leon said:

Foxy said:

Leon said:

A first leg where they could and should have won 6-3 not 4-3, then a second leg where they were cruising to victory with a 2 goal lead with about six minutes left. And they lose?! (Or so it seems right now)

It will be painful in the extreme
    They let in the only 2 shots on target in the 90 minutes too didn't they?
    Exclusive YouGov poll for Sky News:
    🔴 Wandsworth leaning Labour
    ⚪️ Westminster too close to call
    ⚪️ Barnet too close to call
    🔴 Croydon will likely stay Labour
    🔴 Southampton leaning Labour
    ⚪️ Worthing too close to call
    ⚪️ Crawley too close to call
    ⚪️ Hull too close to call

https://twitter.com/itssophiemorris/status/1521955547767050243
    IshmaelZ said:

You can't help yourself, can you? Nobody else wanted to talk about beergate lying lockdown buster Sir Keirio curry-guzzler, but you just had to drag him into the thread.
    Its called satire. I'm not debating it. I'm taking the piss out of it.
    Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Liverpool v Real will be excellent in Paris. Real have surely exhausted their luck with this (apparent) victory. Liverpool will take it

Also, Real are just not that good
    Scott_xP said:

Drilldown:

Think Boris would settle for that.

Farooq said:

Farooq said:

DavidL said:

I agree that there's no reason in principle the same game couldn't be on multiple channels, but that wasn't the ruling they made. If it was, then there'd be actual competition, but it wasn't. Instead we get the worst of all worlds and need to pay twice for the same product.
    Yes but the bidding war for games is how the money gets there to make the PL such a good league.
    Foxy said:

kle4 said:

It is international. If English teams prove to be the two best teams it is no less international.
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 24,587

Johnson can perhaps celebrate with a cake

Drilldown:

That's a great result for the Tories.

Farooq said:

Farooq said:

DavidL said:

I'm not saying the rights are done correctly, in truth it's something that doesn't bother me since I don't even have a tv licence so cannot watch anyway. I'm only saying the term natural monopoly doesn't really apply at all to football in general and not even to a game level.

Be careful, though. I think the big clubs win quite a premium from the way TV money works, and it might not be in your team's interests to have a different rights system.
  • DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 23,926

Sean_F said:

My feeling - and it's just that, not based on any knowledge - is that Jewish voters in Barnet left Labour quite reluctantly, and will return in sufficient numbers. In general, though, Labour looks likely to have a decent night in terms of polling numbers but few major gains to point to, and some local setbacks. The Tory collapse in the south may be more significant. But overall I don't think the elections are going to be a killer blow for Johnson.
    Barnet Council has never been won by Labour, even before Corbyn allegedly alienated Jewish voters (and is it just me who finds the notion of a Jewish block vote questionable?).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnet_London_Borough_Council_elections

I'd ban 'too close to call' as a prediction, from pundits at least (not pollsters). It's unfair, because many will be too close to call, but it'd be easy for use it as a crutch.
    kle4 said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

It is international. If English teams prove to be the two best teams it is no less international.
    It is boring. We see that match a few times each season.

Drilldown:

Let's see
    Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Not as boring as Milan v Juve in 2003.
    DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

Drilldown:

He probably would.
    It's still pretty poor, mind.
    Jesus I got me some jet lag. Feel like I’ve been hit by a runaway fire engine
    Farooq said:

Farooq said:

Farooq said:

DavidL said:

I'm not saying the rights are done correctly, in truth it's something that doesn't bother me since I don't even have a tv licence so cannot watch anyway. I'm only saying the term natural monopoly doesn't really apply at all to football in general and not even to a game level.

Be careful, though. I think the big clubs win quite a premium from the way TV money works, and it might not be in your team's interests to have a different rights system.
    Nowadays we are seeing a big increase in streaming for smaller clubs and other sports. You can watch every minute of say Swindon’s season online, should you be sufficiently mentally disturbed to want to. You can live stream all county cricket matches.
    The issue with the big ticket sports is the fragmentation of the coverage. I’d like to have just one provider for the sport I want, not have amazon, bt, sky and others all snatching bits of it. Frankly I watch less and less now. I think the idea of buying a ticket for a given match has appeal, rather than having to pay for a full subscription.
  • bigglesbiggles Posts: 4,339
    Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Yes, for a time it was looking like every major trophy available to English clubs might as well be decided in a miniseries of City/Liverpool games. Dull. Chelsea only have a chance in the FA Cup because of the draw.
    kle4 said:

I'd ban 'too close to call' as a prediction, from pundits at least (not pollsters). It's unfair, because many will be too close to call, but it'd be easy for use it as a crutch.
    It does helpfully stave off idiots who don't understand polling or elections in general foaming about how the polls were "wrong" because Clinton was ahead yet Trump won etc. If you predict Conservatives by one seat and it ends up Conservative short by one seat, you haven't done that badly but people don't look past the headline.
    LOL Man city not a surprise big teams always come through

Drilldown:

Are the SNP expected to lose councilors, or is that a surprise?

I genuinely have no clue

IshmaelZ said:

Its called satire. I'm not debating it. I'm taking the piss out of it.
    Yeah, way to kill the subject stoan ded.

But you have no skin in the game. Phew.
    dixiedean said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

Drilldown:

He probably would.
    It's not great, given how many of these seats Labour won last time around but it is excusable as mid term blues etc.

Lets have a Citeh equaliser. And then them go out with comedy penalty misses.

Sean_F said:

Barnet Council has never been won by Labour, even before Corbyn allegedly alienated Jewish voters (and is it just me who finds the notion of a Jewish block vote questionable?).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnet_London_Borough_Council_elections
    People find the notion of any bloc vote questionable, doesn't seem to stop it happening in practice. Presumably there simply are not that many places where any Jewish bloc vote, should it exist, would be of sufficient scale to make a difference.

Certainly many in Labour felt the cause was clear at the time.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/may/04/labour-antisemitism-scandal-blamed-for-tory-win-in-barnet

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

I can choose which company I get my electricity from - that is competition.
    I can choose which company I get my gas from - that is competition.
    I can choose which transport option I take, with different companies going from the train station too - that is competition.

I can't choose which company I get a fixture from. There is no choice, there is no competition, only one channel broadcasts it. The fact a different channel broadcasts different fixtures doesn't help me, it just means I need to pay for the same thing twice!
    Energy price cap says hi!

Lets have a Citeh equaliser. And then them go out with comedy penalty misses.
    💙 💙
    biggles said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Yes, for a time it was looking like every major trophy available to English clubs might as well be decided in a miniseries of City/Liverpool games. Dull. Chelsea only have a chance in the FA Cup because of the draw.
    Man United will be back. And Newcastle are in the distance, with all that money

Thank God we have such a lively league. Bayern have just won their ninth title in a row; the Bundesliga is worse than the Scottish Premiership
    Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

That's a separate argument to 'CL is better when international' though. There's no way to avoid the possibility of clubs from the same country getting through to face each other unless you limit each nation to one.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,575
    For those still interested in the arguments over US constitutional law, this is an excellent thread about what ‘originalism’ might actually mean.
    https://twitter.com/hilzoy/status/1521869746878177281

Includes this remarkable anecdote.
    … Minor digression: I once pressed Scalia on this point, and he said as much: that it was BECAUSE there was no meaning of terms like liberty' that we could figure out that we had to rely on the extension of 'liberty' as understood by the framers.
    … 23/ So I asked him: are you saying that you, unlike the Framers, are a moral nihilist?, and he said: yes.

One of the more astonishing moments of my life.

Farooq said:

Farooq said:

Farooq said:

DavidL said:

Nowadays we are seeing a big increase in streaming for smaller clubs and other sports. You can watch every minute of say Swindon’s season online, should you be sufficiently mentally disturbed to want to. You can live stream all county cricket matches.
    The issue with the big ticket sports is the fragmentation of the coverage. I’d like to have just one provider for the sport I want, not have amazon, bt, sky and others all snatching bits of it. Frankly I watch less and less now. I think the idea of buying a ticket for a given match has appeal, rather than having to pay for a full subscription.
    Yeah. Watched my youngest bat for the 3rd XI in an away fixture live on YouTube.
    The days of sport as a unifying national event is over for all but the very biggest games.
    Even the Sunday afternoon live ITV Division One game in 1987 was a huge occasion.
    Now. You can take your pick.
    City look shellshocked. As you would
    Leon said:

biggles said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Man United will be back. And Newcastle are in the distance, with all that money

Thank God we have such a lively league. Bayern have just won their ninth title in a row; the Bundesliga is worse than the Scottish Premiership
    I’ve long felt that Man Utd are in for decades of pain to match Liverpool’s slump in the 90s until recently. Reportedly the stadium is in poor shape, the owners are only interested in shirt sales and the ghost of fergie oppresses any manager foolish enough to take the job.
  • CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,074
    Re Laundryheap -

When I was a child that was how laundry was done. My mother would ring up, they would come round and collect all my father's shirts, sheets etc then return with them all cleaned, pressed and neatly folded.

No apps of course. But otherwise we are just rediscovering services we used to have before.

And as for @rcs1000's waste Uber, I was doing this for my street years ago. When I went to the Regis Road recycling centre I would ask neighbours if they had stuff to go there and would take it along, especially garden waste, rather than pay for Camden to collect it. In return other favours would be done for me.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    kle4 said:

There's no way to avoid the possibility of clubs from the same country getting through to face each other unless you limit each nation to one.

What an insane notion for a so-called "Champions" League.
    kle4 said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

That's a separate argument to 'CL is better when international' though. There's no way to avoid the possibility of clubs from the same country getting through to face each other unless you limit each nation to one.
    I am not saying it should be banned, just that RM vs LFC is a more interesting match than the tedious psychodrama of MCFC vs LFC.
    Nigelb said:

For those still interested in the arguments over US constitutional law, this is an excellent thread about what ‘originalism’ might actually mean.
    https://twitter.com/hilzoy/status/1521869746878177281

Includes this remarkable anecdote.
    … Minor digression: I once pressed Scalia on this point, and he said as much: that it was BECAUSE there was no meaning of terms like liberty' that we could figure out that we had to rely on the extension of 'liberty' as understood by the framers.
    … 23/ So I asked him: are you saying that you, unlike the Framers, are a moral nihilist?, and he said: yes.

One of the more astonishing moments of my life.

Surely America has a simple solution. The problem is too many young men depositing sperms inside young ladies. Vasectomies can be reversed, so simply sterilise all young American men at the age of 14 so that there are no unwanted pregnancies.

Then once they have demonstrated they are morally sound and financially secure they can appeal to a legal system largely run by women who can mandate them to have their vasectomies reversed.

What do you mean no? But you think men should interfere with women's bodies...
    Brazil have some decent attacking players. I might have to reassess my view of their chances in Qatar.
    dixiedean said:

Farooq said:

Farooq said:

Farooq said:

DavidL said:

Yeah. Watched my youngest bat for the 3rd XI in an away fixture live on YouTube.
    The days of sport as a unifying national event is over for all but the very biggest games.
    Even the Sunday afternoon live ITV Division One game in 1987 was a huge occasion.
    Now. You can take your pick.
    We were gutted that the live stream at Marshfield was turned off when the 3rds played at the main ground. That said I have no desire to see my ‘athletic’ attempts on camera...
    When I was a kid live TV sport was a treat. Now I just can’t get excited.
  • StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,089
    DavidL said:

dixiedean said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

Drilldown:

He probably would.
    It's not great, given how many of these seats Labour won last time around but it is excusable as mid term blues etc.
    Yup. Looking under the bonnet, it'll be pretty poor, but there will be enough to distract from that if the Conservatives want to be distracted.

Meanwhile, it looks like the first Mail front page in forever that isn't about beergate (Channel crossings, lefty lawyers instead), and the Telegraph story (retired Chief Constable thinks that Durham police probably need to reinvestigate...) looks like pretty thin gruel, really.

https://www.tomorrowspapers.co.uk/
    Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

I am not saying it should be banned, just that RM vs LFC is a more interesting match than the tedious psychodrama of MCFC vs LFC.
    I'm only teasing, I get the argument we want something different than our regular leagues, but your first attempt at explaning that was just silly!
This discussion has been closed.