Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Tories get their best voting poll for more than three weeks – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• And the panic is in...

Eric Feigl-Ding
    @DrEricDing
    ·
    19m
    Replying to
    @DrEricDing
    2) the viral load of these two with #B11529 in Hong Kong hotels were VERY high. PCR Ct values of 18 and 19!!! That’s insanely high considering they were negative on recent PCR tests. Damn, looks like vaccine evasion could be real with this variant.
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,652
    SKS fans please explain

Knutton (Newcastle-under-Lyme) by-election result:

CON: 51.1% (+25.8)
    LAB: 48.9% (-25.8)

Conservative GAIN from Labour.

Chgs. w/ 2018
  • Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,774
    Aslan said:

DavidL said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

Only 59 cases identified. This virus is the most closely and rapidly examined in human history. We can only draw some hope from that.

I'm not sure that's true. Perhaps that means tests properly sequenced. SA today reports 2,400 cases or so, and it is thought 70-100% of them are Nu. There is no other reason for this sudden surge - doubling approximately every day
    That's what they said on News at 10 on the BBC. I am not sure how many of the infections are sequenced in SA though. I don't think that anyone on the planet is doing as many as us.

What this alarm, which will hopefully not amount to anything, shows is that any delusions about fortress UK are just that. We need to step up and make a material contribution to vaccinating the world and reducing the depth of the pools of infection where these new variants can so easily develop.
    The idea that we can meaningfully impact vaccination rates of seven billion people is ridiculous. Especially when we need 3 or 4 jabs a pop.
    Didn't AZ hit it's 2 billionth dose recently? If we need 3-4 jabs a pop it'll be over a good couple of years, and I somehow doubt third doses will be a major priority in younger developing world inhabitants.

We may not get the world done in quite the same way as we get the West done, but we can certainly manage a 'meaningful contribution'.
  • SKS fans please explain

Chgs. w/ 2018

Good for our Aaron
  • rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038

Heathener said:

Leon said:

BigRich said:

Leon said:

BREAKING

- UK govt places 6 African countries on its travel red list, due to new variant spreading in South Africa

Do we know which 6? our friends where expecting relatives to visit form Zimbabwe, I'm guessing that will be on the list?
    Here you go. I got it bang on

But not that bit when you said, and I quote, 'we've got this virus beat.'

Actually I'm not having a go. Six months back I too thought we were going to smash it. Then I began to see the data from Israel and I realised that we weren't at all, that we were in fact still facing a god-almighty battle.

Two more years of this I reckon, with downs and ups along the way. A tough winter ahead I fear.
    Israel data looks great now post boosters. We’re not far behind. I suspect tonight is a cautious wobble that won’t come to much, but we will see.
    The 'vaccines' are 'leaky' and don't stop a person catching the disease or passing it on. For the first 2-3 wks immunity may be lower than in an unvaccinated person. After maybe 5-6 months of elevated immunity, they're again useless.

Israel is one of the most vaccinated countries on earth. Egypt has a low COVID rate and seems to have a vaccination rate of ... 13%.

If you're in a deep political hole, stop digging and look to your neighbours ... if they're not also in a hole.

There's also a talk by John Campbell 'miracle in Japan'. What could have reduced COVID to almost zero, unlike Israel?
    Vaccines DO stop people catching and passing on Covid. If they didn’t then why is R in the Uk around 1 with virtually no restrictions (especially England)? Don’t confuse not being 100% with not working at all. Israel is highly vaccinated and has few cases currently.
    As to Japan, there is evidence that Asian populations have ore-existing levels of immunity not seen elsewhere.
    I don’t know why I bother to reply, all we really need is some worming medication, right?
    Egypt has cheap generic drugs in use unlike Israel next door.

The fact that the products aim to reduce the severity of the disease but don't stop people catching and passing it on was in the small print. (I don't call that a vaccine, and their mechanism differs from those in the past. But I digress.)

I suggest reading some sceptic websites, of which there are many good ones, e.g. DS. Lots of links from there. Also the BMJ is pretty good, including Prof. Peter Doshi who gave a statement to Senator Johnson's enquiry (USA).

It's fairly widely thought that England had enough periods of normal life for most unvaccinated people who were still susceptible to catch the disease. That gives immunity for a very long period, i.e. a good thing. Sweden is probably better off still.
  • sladeslade Posts: 1,914
    Lab hold in Halton.
  • IshmaelZ said:

moonshine said:

Heathener said:

pigeon said:

Heathener said:

MaxPB said:

Interesting, Portion Down is getting samples of the Nu to run antibody binding efficiency tests and efficacy modelling. We should have answers on vaccine efficacy dilution pretty soon.

That is interesting.

The Daily Mail reckon they already have the answer and it's not pretty: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Fucking covid.

Excuse the language.
    Worst ever, panic panic panic panic panic!!!

It's clickbait. Ignore.
    But this isn't clickbait https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-new-coronavirus-variant-b-1-1-529-identified-in-botswana-as-scientists-play-down-concerns-12478164

I know that people wish it were not so but the situation is far from rosy even without this new variant. Cases have been steadily rising (9.5% for example in the last week) and there's plenty of evidence that boosters are essential. We're starting to see breakthrough infections of the double vaccinated.

What's really good though is that this time the Government have ignored those who, eighteen months ago, came out with mocking 'panic, panic, panic' posts only to be proved very stupid as covid swept through.

Tough times still lie ahead. I wish it were not so.
    Agreed. I see the COVID deniers on here who normally jump up and down on me at this stage of the evening aren't doing so today. They know.

I wish it wasn't the case. But we have to be realistic.
    “Covid deniers”. And so starts your nuanced and fact based argument.
    I think you are talking 'moonshine' there. Wake up and see what's happening.
    Yeah, sheeple, smell the coffee.
    Not smelling the coffee a Covid symptom I think.
    Indeed it is. I didn't quite lose my sense of taste, but coffee was just a warm, brown fluid.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,788
    Massive result for the Tories on Aaron's patch

Chgs. w/ 2018
  • GN all 👍
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

SKS fans please explain

Chgs. w/ 2018

The more useless of a cnut SKS is the more hopelessly dcikless fcuking twats you lot are in not displacing him in favour of someone you fancy. Loser.

Hope that helps.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,600
    edited November 2021

SKS fans please explain

Chgs. w/ 2018

First post Peppa Pig gate by election and a 25% swing from Labour to the Conservatives.

Anyone still arguing Boris's speech bombed in the RedWall?
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,608
    Aslan said:

DavidL said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

Only 59 cases identified. This virus is the most closely and rapidly examined in human history. We can only draw some hope from that.

I'm not sure that's true. Perhaps that means tests properly sequenced. SA today reports 2,400 cases or so, and it is thought 70-100% of them are Nu. There is no other reason for this sudden surge - doubling approximately every day
    That's what they said on News at 10 on the BBC. I am not sure how many of the infections are sequenced in SA though. I don't think that anyone on the planet is doing as many as us.

What this alarm, which will hopefully not amount to anything, shows is that any delusions about fortress UK are just that. We need to step up and make a material contribution to vaccinating the world and reducing the depth of the pools of infection where these new variants can so easily develop.
    The idea that we can meaningfully impact vaccination rates of seven billion people is ridiculous. Especially when we need 3 or 4 jabs a pop.
    Of course we cannot do it on our own. But we can make a material contribution with the base that we have built up in this country. Its in our interests and their interests too. I really cannot think of a better use of our aid budget right now.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,788

And the panic is in...

Eric Feigl-Ding
    @DrEricDing
    ·
    19m
    Replying to
    @DrEricDing
    2) the viral load of these two with #B11529 in Hong Kong hotels were VERY high. PCR Ct values of 18 and 19!!! That’s insanely high considering they were negative on recent PCR tests. Damn, looks like vaccine evasion could be real with this variant.

If you want panic, Dr Ding is your man
    Pulpstar said:

Chgs. w/ 2018

Not as surprising as you may think. The winning candidate used to hold this seat as UKIP.

GN all 👍

Don't let the covid deniers bite.
    HYUFD said:

SKS fans please explain

Chgs. w/ 2018

First post Peppa Pig gate by election and a 25% swing from Labour to the Conservatives.

25.8% swing surely??
  • Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,418
    HYUFD said:

Leon said:

"Johnson has always caveated his comments when he is asked about Christmas – roughly once a week – that new variants could throw plans off course. Now the worst news has come from South Africa – a variant that is feared to be more transmissible and has the potential to evade immunity."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/25/action-over-variant-shows-government-keen-to-avoid-christmas-calamity-of-2020

Take every plan you had for 2022, and chuck it in the bin

May as well take every plan you have for every year for the rest of your life and chuck it in the bin.

As if it is not the Botswana and South Africa variant, the next year it will be the Peru variant, the year after it will be the Egyptian variant etc. Every time we get a variant which is a bit more transmissible in fact.

Unless it proves completely vaccine resistant we cannot lockdown again, otherwise if we do I think on and off and on again lockdowns will be with us indefinitely and that could wipe out most of the hospitality and retail industry for good
    The only one I really fear is the Epping variant.
  • Pulpstar said:

And the panic is in...

Eric Feigl-Ding
    @DrEricDing
    ·
    19m
    Replying to
    @DrEricDing

If you want panic, Dr Ding is your man
    Indeed. In spades. He makes Dr Pagel look zen.
  • HYUFD said:

SKS fans please explain

Chgs. w/ 2018

Maybe wait for more results before getting too excited
  • HYUFD said:

SKS fans please explain

Chgs. w/ 2018

I dunno. I might go out on a limb here and proffer the vague possibility that some local factor is involved when you get those kinds of swings.
    Lab gain in Allerdale.
  • moonshine said:

Heathener said:

pigeon said:

Heathener said:

MaxPB said:

Interesting, Portion Down is getting samples of the Nu to run antibody binding efficiency tests and efficacy modelling. We should have answers on vaccine efficacy dilution pretty soon.

That is interesting.

The Daily Mail reckon they already have the answer and it's not pretty: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Fucking covid.

Excuse the language.

It's clickbait. Ignore.
    But this isn't clickbait https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-new-coronavirus-variant-b-1-1-529-identified-in-botswana-as-scientists-play-down-concerns-12478164

I know that people wish it were not so but the situation is far from rosy even without this new variant. Cases have been steadily rising (9.5% for example in the last week) and there's plenty of evidence that boosters are essential. We're starting to see breakthrough infections of the double vaccinated.

What's really good though is that this time the Government have ignored those who, eighteen months ago, came out with mocking 'panic, panic, panic' posts only to be proved very stupid as covid swept through.

Agreed. I see the COVID deniers on here who normally jump up and down on me at this stage of the evening aren't doing so today. They know.

You're talking hyperbolic BS as usual.

Covid is real, nobody sane denies it. There aren't any Covid deniers on this site.

But there are a great number of people who quite rightly recognise that Covid is going to be with us forever and we need to live with it.

We can't put our heads in the sand, lock ourselves down and wait for it to go away. It isn't going anywhere. Its here, live with it.
    Halton Castle Ward (Halton) Council By-Election:

LAB: 60.3% (+7.9)
    GRN: 18.9% (+18.9)
    IND: 11.1% (-7.2)
    CON: 7.3% (-10.6)
    LDM: 2.4% (-8.9)

Labour HOLD.
    Changes w/ 2021.

SKS Rools OK
  • pigeonpigeon Posts: 4,052
    HYUFD said:

SKS fans please explain

Chgs. w/ 2018

And so, we move swiftly on from catastrophising over lockdowns and even the end of civilisation, based entirely on reports of the umpteenth new Covid variant of which we know almost nothing, to extrapolating the present political leanings of a large part of the nation from the results of one local authority by-election.

Incredible. Literally.
  • pigeon said:

HYUFD said:

SKS fans please explain

Chgs. w/ 2018

And so, we move swiftly on from catastrophising over lockdowns and even the end of civilisation, based entirely on reports of the umpteenth new Covid variant of which we know almost nothing, to extrapolating the present political leanings of a large part of the nation from the results of one local authority by-election.

Incredible. Literally.

Julia Hartley-Brewer
    @JuliaHB1 Here we go again, folks
    pigeon said:

HYUFD said:

SKS fans please explain

Chgs. w/ 2018

Incredible. Literally.
    It is a Thursday night in November, not much else to get excited about
    edited November 2021

Labour HOLD.
    Changes w/ 2021.

SKS Rools OK

Halton was Labour even in 2019 though, Twigg won it with a 41% majority
  • Halton Castle Ward (Halton) Council By-Election:

Labour HOLD.
    Changes w/ 2021.

SKS Rools OK

Con-IND swing to Green.

Must be a vote in favour of Germany's new traffic light coalition or something.
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,339
    Especially for Dr Sunil.

Complicating, circulating
    Nu life, nu life
    Operating, generating
    Nu life, nu life

Good night all
  • Halton Castle Ward (Halton) Council By-Election:

Labour HOLD.
    Changes w/ 2021.

SKS Rools OK

:)
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,330

pigeon said:

HYUFD said:

SKS fans please explain

Chgs. w/ 2018

Incredible. Literally.

Julia Hartley-Brewer
    @JuliaHB1 Here we go again, folks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyF8RHM1OCg
    Bar Pool (Nuneaton & Bedworth) by-election result:

CON: 55.3% (+14.4)
    LAB: 23.4% (-26.7)
    GRN: 21.3% (+12.2)

Chgs. w/ 2018

Looks like the Red Wall did love that Boris speech after all!

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1464008811182702593?s=20
  • pigeon said:

HYUFD said:

SKS fans please explain

Chgs. w/ 2018

Incredible. Literally.
    Only on PB.

Next topic odds

Trains 1/2
    Brexit 3/1
    Children's cartoons 5/1
    Sean's exploits 4/1
    Something original 100/1
  • pigeonpigeon Posts: 4,052
    HYUFD said:

pigeon said:

HYUFD said:

SKS fans please explain

Chgs. w/ 2018

Incredible. Literally.
    Oh honestly, apart from anything else it's now one month until Christmas. Have you no plans?

I'm excited about it only being a half-day at work tomorrow, then getting out for a good trundle round the countryside with my running group this weekend. I'll have to discuss that with them tomorrow, mind you: the forecast for our usual Saturday looks increasingly grotty. Sunday looks a lot better - if somewhat chilly...
  • HYUFD said:

SKS fans please explain

Chgs. w/ 2018

I would love the history books to end up recording that Boris Johnson was felled by Peppa.
    SKS Fanboy Sunil please explain

Britain Elects
    @BritainElects
    ·
    3m

• MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,330
    pigeon said:

Heathener said:

pigeon said:

Heathener said:

MaxPB said:

That is interesting.

Fucking covid.

Excuse the language.

It's clickbait. Ignore.

Case rise is still mostly in the unvaccinated children. @Malmesbury helpfully posts this up every day. In older, booster groups cases are declining. Admissions are down from over 1000 a day, to below 800. In hospital numbers are 2000 down from the recent peak. Things look like they are going in the right direction.
    Precisely. Reporting of the situation with cases lacks nuance, because nuance would mitigate against panic and reduce the attention garnered by these daily doom reports.

Cases in the over-60s are currently in decline (a fact probably not entirely unrelated to the progress of the booster campaign.) Cases in children are still increasing, but everybody save for the most extreme doom merchants has long since ceased to care about cases in children. Even the teaching unions appear to have given up banging the drum for masks and other countermeasures in classrooms. Again, we've had panic clickbait headlines for months about how cases in children might translate into a tidal wave of sick grandparents, and no such thing has happened.
    Yup.......

• Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,259
    Tonight's results aren't necessarily developing to KS's advantage.

HYUFD said:

SKS fans please explain

Chgs. w/ 2018

I would love the history books to end up recording that Boris Johnson was felled by Peppa.
    More like Starmer was felled by Peppa if the early by election results are accurate, Boris rebounds again!
  • LeonLeon Posts: 45,700

moonshine said:

Heathener said:

pigeon said:

Heathener said:

MaxPB said:

That is interesting.

Fucking covid.

Excuse the language.

It's clickbait. Ignore.

You're talking hyperbolic BS as usual.

Covid is real, nobody sane denies it. There aren't any Covid deniers on this site.

But there are a great number of people who quite rightly recognise that Covid is going to be with us forever and we need to live with it.

We can't put our heads in the sand, lock ourselves down and wait for it to go away. It isn't going anywhere. Its here, live with it.
    Of course. But it’s the same dilemma as ever. You can’t ‘live with it’ if it threatens to crash your health system, as happened in Hubei, Lombardy, Madrid, NYC

Because, if that happens, the death rate suddenly sky rockets for everyone as hospitals are overwhelmed, and then you face something apocalyptic. Something no one can ‘live with’

We don’t know how much menace is posed by the Nunu. What it means for hospitals, vax evasion, deaths. Until we do we can’t just shrug and ‘live with it’. Hopefully the news will be good and we shall continue to exit the pandemic

Labour HOLD.
    Changes w/ 2021.

SKS Rools OK

:)
    I think the people of Nuneaton think otherwise Sunil
    Andy_JS said:

Doesn't look like much for the Tories to worry about in Bexley certainly
  • News

HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

Possibly an allergic reaction to labour’s ‘let them all in’ migrant maunderings

SKS Fanboy Sunil please explain

Britain Elects
    @BritainElects
    ·
    3m

The Conservatives had a majority of 379 in May this year.
    Leon said:

HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

We will see, clearly Starmer still making little impact in Leave heartlands
    Another terrible result for LAB

Lee Chapel North (Basildon) by-election result:

LAB: 39.8% (-12.8)
    CON: 34.8% (+8.4)
    BCRP: 11.9% (+11.9)
    REFUK: 8.6% (+8.6)
    LDEM: 4.9% (-16.2)

Labour HOLD.

BCRP: Basildon Community Residents Party

Chgs. w/ 2018
  • Labour hold but vote share down

Not a good night for labour so far

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1464009849495293958?t=ITbyfbjdG6fzIol66MF-UQ&s=19
  • isamisam Posts: 40,658
    edited November 2021
    This will never make sense to me

“A woman accused of indecent exposure, masturbating in public and using a sex toy in a public place, will stand trial early next year.

Chloe Thompson, of Borough Road, Middlesbrough, appeared at Teesside Magistrates' Court on Wednesday after denying the offences.

She is charged with committing a public nuisance by indecently exposing her penis to other members of the public, whilst masturbating from a property window.”

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/teesside-woman-accused-using-sex-22260053

Ten years earlier…

“ A FORMER serviceman who touched a pre-teenage schoolgirl was jailed for a year, prompting loud gasps in court.

Andrew Douglas McNab, 31, took advantage of the underage girl when he sexually assaulted her.

He said he molested her in a “moment of madness” while weak and mentally scarred from his Army service, Teesside Crown Court heard.”

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/local-news/sex-assault-shame-teesside-ex-soldier-3692966
    edited November 2021

Labour HOLD.

Chgs. w/ 2018

So in 3 out of 4 seats so far, there have been swings to the Conservatives from Labour. What do they have in common? They are all Leave seats and marginal seats Blair won but which now have Conservative MPs in the Midlands and Essex.

Starmer is still not having much appeal outsider of Remainerville, it still looks like Labour need Burnham to make much real impact in Leave areas held by the Tories
    isam said:

“A woman accused of indecent exposure, masturbating in public and using a sex toy in a public place, will stand trial early next year.

Chloe Thompson, of Borough Road, Middlesbrough, appeared at Teesside Magistrates' Court on Wednesday after denying the offences.

She is charged with committing a public nuisance by indecently exposing her penis to other members of the public, whilst masturbating from a property window.”

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/teesside-woman-accused-using-sex-22260053

Ten years earlier…

“ A FORMER serviceman who touched a pre-teenage schoolgirl was jailed for a year, prompting loud gasps in court.

Andrew Douglas McNab, 31, took advantage of the underage girl when he sexually assaulted her.

He said he molested her in a “moment of madness” while weak and mentally scarred from his Army service, Teesside Crown Court heard.”

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/local-news/sex-assault-shame-teesside-ex-soldier-3692966

"exposing her penis" HAHAHAHAHA

OMG I'm a transphobe, I'll just pop off and kill myself. Byeeeeee.
    Labour gain in Wigan but 2 Independents had way more votes than Labour.
    Mish Rahman
    @mish_rahman
    ·
    56m
    Just got home after first inperson NEC meeting at Southside.

A good meeting overall

EyesEyes
    BIG NEWS includes -

We were told to expect a visit by FORDE AND HIS REPORT at January's NEC

Labour HOLD.

Chgs. w/ 2018

10% swing from Labour to Tory though in that Basildon seat
    HYUFD said:

Labour HOLD.

Chgs. w/ 2018

Yep SKS and Sunil having a nightmare

Excellent news
  • Pulpstar said:

Chgs. w/ 2018

When the actual result was 188 to 180 the word "massive" may be OTT.
  • AslanAslan Posts: 1,673
    Leon said:

HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

Immigration is my biggest question mark over voting Labour. I trust the Starmer version of Labour on the economy. I believe he is generally competent. I believe he will probably handle COVID well. But I don't trust him not to open the flood gates on Immigration, particularly on asylum seekers and low income arranged marriages.
    HYUFD said:

Labour HOLD.

Chgs. w/ 2018

So in 3 out of 4 seats so far, there have been swings to the Conservatives from Labour. What do they have in common? They are all Leave seats and marginal seats Blair won but which now have Conservative MPs in the Midlands and Essex.

Starmer is still not having much appeal outsider of Remainerville, it still looks like Labour need Burnham to make much real impact in Leave areas held by the Tories
    I am sure this is the awful migrant crisis. Migration is NEVER a good issue for Labour, just as the NHS is never good for Tories. So even if Labour are ‘on the side of the angels’ (questionable) they will suffer if this issue gains salience
    Election GM
    @ElectionGM
    ·
    59s
    Bryn (Wigan) By-Election Result:

LAB: 31.2% (+8.2)
    IND (Richardson): 30.0% (NEW)
    IND (Fairhurst): 25.7% (NEW)
    CON: 10.3% (+2.0)
    LDM: 2.8% (+1.1)

Labour GAIN from Independent

(Changes with 2021 Election)

Suuuurly some mishtake!!
  • Oliver Johnson
    @BristOliver
    ·
    1h
    Have the smileys got a conspiracy theory yet about what Delta Nu Alpha spells out, or is it all Greek to them?

HYUFD said:

Labour HOLD.

Chgs. w/ 2018

Excellent news
    I don't think Sunil is a huge Starmer fan, he was a Leaver, he just likes posting his annoyingly catchy Starmer slogan, which is more original than anything Labour HQ have managed
    edited November 2021

Election GM
    @ElectionGM
    ·
    59s

Suuuurly some mishtake!!

Better for Labour but again Wigan was a Labour hold in 2019 anyway
  • Leon said:

HYUFD said:

Labour HOLD.

Chgs. w/ 2018

I am sure this is the awful migrant crisis. Migration is NEVER a good issue for Labour, just as the NHS is never good for Tories. So even if Labour are ‘on the side of the angels’ (questionable) they will suffer if this issue gains salience
    No - everyone loves Peppa Pig !!!!!
    HYUFD said:

Labour HOLD.

Chgs. w/ 2018

ABSOLUTELY
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,798
    HYUFD said:

pigeon said:

HYUFD said:

SKS fans please explain

Chgs. w/ 2018

Incredible. Literally.
    Hey! It was my birthday. And Thanksgiving too.
    I got a new phone, a Buddhist text and a deadly variant that will do for me and all of you!!
    And some by elections.
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,626

HYUFD said:

Labour HOLD.

Chgs. w/ 2018

ABSOLUTELY
    But there's your problem.

Starmer has little appeal in Leave areas.

But Labour also needs the votes of Remainers.

HYUFD said:

Labour HOLD.

Chgs. w/ 2018

Excellent news
    And diehard anti SKS labourites turn out to have penises 10% smaller than previously thought, for not getting rid of him.

I could lend you a microscope...
    Labour just GAIN council seat by 17 votes from an Independent in by-election in Wigan.Independent vote was split. Turnout 15 per cent
    Con hold in West Suffolk.
    HYUFD said:

Chgs. w/ 2018

Nuneaton as the Red Wall is a serious stretch of the term.
    edited November 2021
    rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

Labour HOLD.

Chgs. w/ 2018

ABSOLUTELY
    But there's your problem.

Starmer has little appeal in Leave areas.

But Labour also needs the votes of Remainers.
    Burnham would still get the votes of urban Remainers anyway and outside of London and the big cities and university towns, Remain seats will be more likely to go LD than Labour and SNP in Scotland
    HYUFD said:

Election GM
    @ElectionGM
    ·
    59s

Suuuurly some mishtake!!

Better for Labour but again Wigan was a Labour hold in 2019 anyway
    Technically Bryn is in Makerfield. But it was heavy Leave and remains Labour. Not much sign of a drift away at Council level
    Portugal going into new lockdown. Even schools closing. Apparently

https://twitter.com/lpldirect/status/1464014526467256322?s=21

Portugal?! I thought they were doing good
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,173
    edited November 2021
    Leon said:

I am happy to report that I am feeling a little better. Tho I have had an enormous gin and tonic and several other painkillers. Perhaps my mini-cytokine storm has passed. Now can everyone please stop hyper-vemtilating about Nu

Which reminds me, my ex girlfriend used to call her naughty bits "my Nunu"

I am not sure of the relevance of this, but I'm just punting it out there

It’s the vacuum cleaner on the Teletubbies, isn’t it ?

Were you Dipsy or Tinky Winky ?
    edited November 2021
    dixiedean said:

HYUFD said:

Chgs. w/ 2018

Nuneaton as the Red Wall is a serious stretch of the term.
    Nuneaton was a Labour seat from 1992-2010, even if not the classic Red Wall seat that only fell in 2019 any Labour leader looking to be elected PM with a majority should be targeting Nuneaton
    slade said:

Con hold in West Suffolk.

Main swing Tory to LD there

Horringer (West Suffolk) by-election result:

CON: 47.7% (-21.2)
    LAB: 37.8% (+6.7)
    LDEM: 14.5% (+14.5)

Conservative HOLD.

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1464015100810043397?s=20
    Some exaggeration in that Portuguese news. It’s more of a quasi lockdown. Tighter restrictions. Extension of school Xmas holidays.

Still a rum do, from one of the most vaxed countries in Europe. This winter is gonna be grisly
    IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

Labour HOLD.

Chgs. w/ 2018

Excellent news
    And diehard anti SKS labourites turn out to have penises 10% smaller than previously thought, for not getting rid of him.

A mirror would be more useful
    Wokingham Lib Dems
    @wokinghamlibdem
    ·
    44m
    Replying to
    @wokinghamlibdem
    Libdem 479

Conservative 312

Labour 66

3 Rejected
    edited November 2021
    Wrt to the vote in Wigan. There are two groups of Indy's on Wigan Council. They both think Labour is corrupt, but they hate each other more. So it isn't quite as simple as adding the two Indy votes together.
    There is the Kipper type. And the Corbyn type.
  • LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 14,605
    isam said:

Ten years earlier…

Is it the same person?

I have wondered whether the statistics on some crimes are going to be messed up due to men identifying as women.
    edited November 2021

Wokingham Lib Dems
    @wokinghamlibdem
    ·
    44m
    Replying to
    @wokinghamlibdem
    Libdem 479

Conservative 312

Labour 66

3 Rejected

Town council gain there, so a clear pattern, swing to the Tories from Labour in most Leave seats so far, swing from the Tories to LDs in most Remain and Southern seats so far

IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

Labour HOLD.

Chgs. w/ 2018

Excellent news

A mirror would be more useful
    Sure. You da man.
    Irony

Astra Zeneca may be better at fighting the Nunu

‘However, it appears the AstraZeneca AZD7442 cocktail and Vir's S309 are likely to hold up better against the Nu variant. See below. (9/n’

https://twitter.com/jbloom_lab/status/1464005705891868702?s=21
  • LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 14,605

isam said:

Ten years earlier…

Is it the same person?

I have wondered whether the statistics on some crimes are going to be messed up due to men identifying as women.
    Indeed it is. 16 previous convictions for 11 offences by May this year.
    Lab hold in Wandsworth by 1 vote. They had a 1000 majority in May.

Labour HOLD.
    Changes w/ 2021.

SKS Rools OK

Halton is the 38th safest Labour seat.

http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/battleground/defence/labour
    slade said:

Labour lose votes to the LDs and Tories in Wandsworth but hold on.
    Bedford (Wandsworth) by-election result:

LAB: 40.2% (-9.8)
    CON: 40.2% (+5.7)
    LDEM: 13.6% (+7.3)
    GRN: 6.0% (-3.3)

Labour HOLD.

One vote in it!

Chgs. w/ 2018
    https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1464022165414682636?s=20
    Tories lose Speldhurst and Bidborough to Tunbridge Wells Alliance and Tunbridge Wells Council now NOC for the first time since 1998

Speldhurst and Bidborough (Tunbridge Wells) by-election result:

TWA: 49.8% (+27.4)
    CON: 46.1% (+4.2)
    LAB: 4.1% (-4.0)

Tunbridge Wells Alliance GAIN from Conservative.

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1464022590700335110?s=20
    slade said:

7.8% swing Tory Lite to Tory
    Lab hold in Lancaster.
    Good night for SKS haters

Good night
    Huge LD hold in Wirral. The victorious candidate is a consultant medical specialist working on anti-covid drugs.
    edited November 2021
    Leon said:

Portugal going into new lockdown. Even schools closing. Apparently

https://twitter.com/lpldirect/status/1464014526467256322?s=21

Portugal?! I thought they were doing good

I'm still confident we won't have any more lockdowns here. Pity about Portugal though, I was thinking of having my first foreign trip in 2 years there sometime in the next few months. (Selfish comment I know).
    Lab win in Lancaster. Technically a gain but Lab won last tiem.
    HYUFD said:

slade said:

Labour lose votes to the LDs and Tories in Wandsworth but hold on.
    Bedford (Wandsworth) by-election result:

LAB: 40.2% (-9.8)
    CON: 40.2% (+5.7)
    LDEM: 13.6% (+7.3)
    GRN: 6.0% (-3.3)

Labour HOLD.

One vote in it!

Chgs. w/ 2018
    https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1464022165414682636?s=20
    The Tories will be kicking themselves that they didn't convince that one extra person to vote differently.
This discussion has been closed.