Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Boris should start Scottish independence negotiations now – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• SeaShantyIrish2SeaShantyIrish2 Posts: 15,243
    edited May 2021

Binface holding steady at 1% in all still counting boroughs - will be close around the 20K Jackpot threshold but I am going to call it for him with errrmm 21,076 votes

The Binface operation has beaten Corbyn and Peter Gammons. Other parties will be poring over it, inevitably.
    The Dustbin of History strikes back!
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited May 2021
    felix said:

BBC Politics

@BBCPolitics

Labour plans to overhaul its offer to voters and move staff out of London after election defeats in England https://bbc.in/3uB1NPa #BBCElections

Sir Keir Starmer
    Elections 2021: Labour plans changes after election defeats in England

A policy overhaul and frontbench reshuffle are expected in response to a series of election setbacks.
    bbc.com

Looks like a slump in Islington property prices on the way - they're all moving to Hartlepool! Anyone gonna tell Lady Nugent?

This is going to be like BBC moving to Salford....
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,842

Haydock (St Helens) council result:

Grn: 53.3% (+53.3)
    Lab: 31.3% (-39.2)
    Con: 13.4% (+2.6)
    Oth: 1.9% (+1.9)

No UKIP (-18.7) as prev.

Grn GAIN from Lab

In this ward, appears that Greens took votes from disaffected Labourites AND former Kippers?
    That's an interesting one. They must be hoovering up the wider anti-establishment vote in places, largely under the radar of most of the media.
    There have been a handful of similar ones. One on the Wirral almost identical.
    If the Greens make 100 that will be a super election for them.
  • Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,235

Andrew Neil
    @afneil
    ·
    4h
    What’s happening in English politics is unique: it’s a watershed, with rules being radically rewritten, not because an insurgent party is successfully challenging an unpopular incumbent (that happens) but because a popular incumbent is savaging an unpopular opposition.

Difficult to argue with that. What's bizarre is that these situations were always used to give the incumbents a thumping, if for no other reason than, to keep them honest. Now they're being used to express gratitude and admiration for the PM. I hope this doesn't continue as it ultimately may not be healthy.
  • state_go_awaystate_go_away Posts: 5,415

Binface holding steady at 1% in all still counting boroughs - will be close around the 20K Jackpot threshold but I am going to call it for him with errrmm 21,076 votes

The Binface operation has beaten Corbyn and Peter Gammons. Other parties will be poring over it, inevitably.
    Has any other party made an election song like Binface ? (70K views on youtube)
    edited May 2021

Andrew Neil
    @afneil
    ·
    4h
    What’s happening in English politics is unique: it’s a watershed, with rules being radically rewritten, not because an insurgent party is successfully challenging an unpopular incumbent (that happens) but because a popular incumbent is savaging an unpopular opposition.

But his wallpaper...

Ex Labour voters in Essex now on Radio 4 - 'Talking about wallpaper during a pandemic!' one of the things that comes up. The sheer PETTINESS of Labour is so unattractive.

https://twitter.com/BoozeAndFagz/status/1390933328908464128
    The thing is not only during a pandemic, but they went big on this just when India crisis kicked off. The media and Labour were w##king themselves like Leon over a picture of Mark Drakeford around this issue, then would switch in the next instance to the scenes of 10,000+ Indians a day dying in the back of their cars, side walks outside hospitals etc while waiting for oxygen.

Add in the not inconsequential numbers of people from the Indian subcontinent in the UK and the leader of the party many vote for is dicking around in John Lewis when their uncle is on zoom begging for money for a black market oxygen tank.

That isn't to say Tories mate rates contracts isn't an issue, but the timing....
  • CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,540
    Convincing:

• Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,004
    edited May 2021
    ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

Whenever I see another SMOULDERING picture of Welsh Labour Party leader Mark Drakeford - and, truth be told, I’ve never seen an UNsexy photo of him - I always hear the phrase “Ooooh, tromboning” in my head. Like some maddening sexual mantra

Am I alone? I doubt it. I’d wager half the country has an erotomaniac response to him, it’s just that so many partisan observers are unable to admit it

What does your wife think?
    She wants me, her and the Drakeford to have a threesome. I’ve told her she’s likely to be disappointed, a guy like that must get these desperate sexual requests all the time. But I’ve promised her I’ll try my best to organize it

Any advice welcome. Have any other PBers had a FMM threesome with an elderly but very senior male figure in Welsh politics?
    Drakeford of course has own distinctive dress sense -- here are his eponymous top and culottes, modelled by some of the lucky ladies that he is laying.

https://houseofollichon.co.uk/copy-of-drakeford-culotte/

https://houseofollichon.co.uk/drakeford-top1/

I have always felt the hysterical rage that some posters feels towards the Drake may perhaps have roots in sexual frustration, perhaps quantity or quality issues. There are deep waters here, who knows how the tender male psyche reacts when confronted with a five chillies hot Welsh university professor?
    Top post!

I owe PB a personal apology for my fatally flawed anecdotal narrative that Johnson vaccinated Wales and Drakeford closed the pubs. Patently wrong. I hold my hands up.

It seems I had underestimated the love for the Drakester.
    There’s a lot of hate coming your way for underestimating Drakeford. I’d duck back under cover if I were you.
    I have just come home from a horrendous cross country trip from Llandudno to the other side of Leicester with weather unlike any other have I experienced in driving over 350 miles including aquaplaning, motorway warnings of standing water, three actual incidents of aquaplaning myself, and actually seeing a car on its side of the verge of the road near Leicester, obviously having hit standing water and finally in North Wales being slowed to a crawl due to supposed animals lose on the A55.

Leaving at 6.00am I have only just walked into the house (4.00pm) having at least been able to take my son to pick up his car. Mind you, they sell them here in Llandudno but what do I know

As far as Drakeford is concerned he benefitted from the vaccine bounce , that gave Boris his stunning successes in England and Sturgeon in Scotland

It would be churlish not to recognise his success, but the most important factor for me is Plaid being eliminated to third place and Leanne Wood storming out of the count

We have had a labour government for 22 years and now face another five years of health and education issues but to be fair to Drakeford, he has always supported the union and this result has consigned independence to an irrelevant issue

And so I should say, well done to him

• felixfelix Posts: 15,124

felix said:

BBC Politics

@BBCPolitics

Labour plans to overhaul its offer to voters and move staff out of London after election defeats in England https://bbc.in/3uB1NPa #BBCElections

Sir Keir Starmer

A policy overhaul and frontbench reshuffle are expected in response to a series of election setbacks.
    bbc.com

Looks like a slump in Islington property prices on the way - they're all moving to Hartlepool! Anyone gonna tell Lady Nugent?

Let's hope they're already ordering more mushy peas in the 'pool!
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,739

Probably.

There is a chance it could work. the suggestion is that constituency offices become local community hubs to build up grassroots support.

Labour ought to be able to do that sort of thing.

But they might fuck it up.
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,157
    ydoethur said:

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

IMPORTANT NEWS

BBC: SNP are privately conceding they won't win Aberdeenshire West.

Means no SNP majority according to Prof John Curtis.

So the Green's join the SNP in power for the first time anywhere in the UK? Will be interesting to see how they do.
    Ummm - apart from the last five years at Holyrood, you mean?
    Not in coalition. Not even a formal c&s arrangement.
  • sarissasarissa Posts: 1,755
    ydoethur said:

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

IMPORTANT NEWS

So the Green's join the SNP in power for the first time anywhere in the UK? Will be interesting to see how they do.
    That was confidence and supply rather than a formal arrangement.
  • GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,697
    ydoethur said:

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

IMPORTANT NEWS

Oh really? I thought the SNP had a majority last time? My mind much be getting fuzzy lol!

In London you are never more than 6 feet away from a Binface voter - probably
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,780
    Drakeford not been appointed Labour leader yet? That party wouldn't know a winner if it landed on them.

OTOH, small sample size and all that but we have 3 from 3 of governments getting a boost from their Covid actions, Westminster, Holyrood and Cardiff.
  • WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,480

Screaming Lord Sutch, in his heyday, was a 1960s psychedelic musician, but I don't know if he made any songs specifically for elections.
    meanwhile, back at the ranch . . . or mega-mansion . . .

Seattle Times ($) - Gateses' divorce ripples through worlds of real estate, global health, tech

Bill and Melinda Gates, who for decades have overseen one of history’s greatest fortunes and philanthropic operations, have filed for divorce after 27 years of marriage. The split is sure to have very public consequences, having already sent a wave of uncertainty through the worlds of philanthropy and community health. One sizable question: Who gets Xanadu 2.0, the family mansion? The couple raised their children and entertained world leaders in the 66,000-square-foot Medina dream (or nightmare) home, which once caused Melinda to have a “mini sort of personal crisis.” Wherever she ends up, her global influence could grow in intriguing ways.

In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
    A stately pleasure-dome decree:
    Where Alph, the sacred river, ran
    Through caverns measureless to man
    Down to a sunless sea.
    So twice five miles of fertile ground
    With walls and towers were girdled round:
    And there were gardens bright with sinuous rills,
    Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;
    And here were forests ancient as the hills,
    Enfolding sunny spots of greenery.

For Sunil - You can actually view the waterfront of Xanadu 2.0 from you seat on a humble public bus, as it crosses the Highway 520 floating bridge over Lake Washington.
    edited May 2021
    Scott_xP said:

Probably.

There is a chance it could work. the suggestion is that constituency offices become local community hubs to build up grassroots support.

Lets see if they actually move there, or like the BBC bods they commute in (and of course we are all be WFHing 3 days a week from now on).
    GIN1138 said:

ydoethur said:

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

IMPORTANT NEWS

Oh really? I thought the SNP had a majority last time? My mind much be getting fuzzy lol!
    They didn't.
    Oh dear...

• ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,769
    sarissa said:

ydoethur said:

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

IMPORTANT NEWS

That was confidence and supply rather than a formal arrangement.
    The point being I am assuming there will be the same arrangement this time (as there was from 2007-11).

So either they were in power then, or they’re not going to be now.

(As it happens, I agree with you, they weren’t in power.)
  • Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,235
    Forgive me, but who or what is 'Binface'?
    edited May 2021
    Burnham wins with 2/3 of first preferences (up by 4%) and on a 10% increase in turnout.
    Because he's rattled?

• felixfelix Posts: 15,124
    Mahyar Tousi
    @MahyarTousi
    ·
    7 May
    Reason #261 why Labour lost yesterday

• How I wish Burnham had won in 2015.

Regardless, I'd like him to be advising Labour in the short term and in the longer term, we need him back in Parliament.

The OMRLP candidate for Mayor of London.

How I wish Burnham had won in 2015.

Regardless, I'd like him to be advising Labour in the short term and in the longer term, we need him back in Parliament.

He wouldn't be doing much better than Starmer.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,286
    ydoethur said:

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

IMPORTANT NEWS

They did have a majority between 2011 and 2016 though.

Screaming Lord Sutch, in his heyday, was a 1960s psychedelic musician, but I don't know if he made any songs specifically for elections.
    Not sure IF this was for election broadcast, but believe it was a critique of the Macmillan-Hume administration?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibx1wZoqQIY
    Andy_JS said:

ydoethur said:

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

IMPORTANT NEWS

And?
  • How I wish Burnham had won in 2015.

No he wouldn't - but he'd have done better than Corbyn.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,044

Andy Street's 100 Day Plan if re-elected:

https://twitter.com/andy4wm/status/1390275152659636232?s=20

Rather poignantly the list includes meeting/imploring potential new tenants for the now closed mega John Lewis shop in Brum.

He’d probably be doing worse round here. They’d have lost Leek South as well.
  • Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,463
    Scott_xP said:

Probably.

I wouldn't dismiss it. My local Labour Party has built up a very strong community presence, with volunteers helping out on all sorts of local projects and campaigns and 'doing good'. Its profile has been even higher during the pandemic, with much activity based around delivering food/prescriptions etc. I think it's been both noticed and effective. This was a Tory seat, marginal, in 2015 but now a very safe Labour seat. I wouldn't say that the community activism is mainly responsible for this, but it has certainly helped.
    Aberdeenshire West - Tory hold! #unionisttacticalvoting
    Scott_xP said:

Probably.

Maybe I am mistaken but I am pretty sure Lab moved a ton of its operations to the NEast years ago?
  • WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,480
    edited May 2021

Not sure IF this was for election broadcast, but believe it was a critique of the Macmillan-Hume administration?

His Lordship in his more Baroque and grisly period, almost a prototype for the Rolling Stones. Yes, don't know much more on the political content there.
    Curtis: 15 seat majority for the independence parties, even though the unionist parties currently have more than 50% of votes.
  • Burnham 67% of 1st preferences.

Anyone else remotely that popular anywhere in the country ?
  • Scott_xP said:

Probably.

I wouldn't dismiss it. My local Labour Party has built up a very strong community presence, with volunteers helping out on all sorts of local projects and campaigns and 'doing good'. Its profile has been even higher during the pandemic, with much activity based around delivering food/prescriptions etc. I think it's been both noticed and effective. This was a Tory seat, marginal, in 2015 but now a very safe Labour seat. I wouldn't say that the community activism is mainly responsible for this, but it has certainly helped.
    What Labour needs to do IMHO is to allow/enforce candidate selection in these areas with candidates that are actually from these areas, that they choose. No more parachuting in, or the leader's office getting involved. If Labour wants to be from these communities then it should be.
    Fascinating graphic which shows how London sucks in the young from all over England, then spits them out again into the South East:

https://twitter.com/DuncanWeldon/status/1391049828898070530?s=20
    Labour source tells me the party is increasingly confident Dan Norris will beat the Tories and be West of England mayor
    https://twitter.com/REWearmouth/status/1391051629718278144
    The King of the North.
    The problem with Salford Quays is that it's like a tiny bit of London transplanted to Greater Manchester. I've visited it a few times and it has that atmosphere.
    Yay!

edited May 2021

Fascinating graphic which shows how London sucks in the young from all over England, then spits them out again into the South East:

What poor sods are moving to London then getting spat out to Luton and Coventry.....talk about a raw deal.

Question is if we all become 3 day a week WFHers, will the young still move to London in such large numbers? I definitely think we are going to continue to see exodus those to the regions. Why live in London with the cost and the crime, when you can sell up and have a decent house with a garden with less crime 2hrs outside of it, and still keep your jobs as you work remotely.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,719
    BBC and John Curtice now forecasting the SNP will NOT get a majority at Holyrood, the icing on the cake of a fantastic set of elections results for Boris
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 703
    BBC projects 63 for SNP, 31 for Con. Douglas Ross to match Ruth Davidson’s tally on that analysis.

The King of the North.

Burnham snow joke.
  • AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    West Midlands PCC round 1

Foster, Simon John Labour and Co-operative Party 276,743 45.51%
    Singh Sohal, Jay The Conservative Party Candidate 239,288 39.35%
    Hunt, Jon Liberal Democrats 38,594 6.35%
    Hambleton, Jools Independent 27,664 4.55%
    Hoath, Mark William Reform UK 18,002 2.96%
    Jaddoo, Desmond Gustavus We Matter Party 7,745 1.27%
    ydoethur said:

Andy_JS said:

ydoethur said:

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

IMPORTANT NEWS

And?
    Maybe you got that election mixed up with the next one.
    Andy_JS said:

Curtis: 15 seat majority for the independence parties, even though the unionist parties currently have more than 50% of votes.

I thought such oddities only happened under FPTP? ;)
    Aberdeenshire West for the Tories. No SNP majority. But the Greens are going to be up and Labour down. Bigger Independence majority. No Alba.
    Has the union just been saved by Aberdeenshire?
  • BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489
    ydoethur said:

I thought he was the 'Count Binface Party', not 'Official Monster Raving Loony Party',

has he defected and started his own brake away party, or rebranded?
  • BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556
    edited May 2021
    Curtice: SNP majority dead.

The Conservative success in this constituency means that there is now no conceivable path to the SNP securing 65 seats.

At most they could now win 64 by picking up list seats in the Highlands and the South of Scotland.

The luck of the Boris strikes again!
    Andy_JS said:

The problem with Salford Quays is that it's like a tiny bit of London transplanted to Greater Manchester. I've visited it a few times and it has that atmosphere.

You ought to have visited before It was re-developed!
    HYUFD said:

BBC and John Curtice now forecasting the SNP will NOT get a majority at Holyrood, the icing on the cake of a fantastic set of elections results for Boris

SNP up, Greens probably up.

If they were Tories you'd be saying something completely different.

There's great footage (from BBC election night coverage) of Screaming Lord Sutch and Harold Wilson on same state in Huyton in 1966 when His Lordship ran against the PM as candidate for the National Teenage Party (at the age of 26) and received 585.

This was Sutch's first general election; he first stood for MP at the 1963 Stratford-on-Avon byelection triggered by resignation of . . . wait for it . . . John Profumo, where he garnered 208 votes.

Or was it 209? Wiki says both!
    DavidL said:

Aberdeenshire West for the Tories. No SNP majority. But the Greens are going to be up and Labour down. Bigger Independence majority. No Alba.

And Mr Wightman, perhaps.

Has the union just been saved by Aberdeenshire?

If only it was that simple.
    The road to 65 is now closed.

The SNP will need either a coalition or confidence and supply arrangements with the Greens to govern in Scotland.

What does this mean for #IndyRef2? Will SNP go for it now? Will Johnson use the lack of SNP majority as a political argument to deny?

https://twitter.com/PME_Politics/status/1391052363935453184?s=20
    The next big question is which camp in Scotland gets the most votes. It'll be much harder for Johnson to refuse a referendum if the independence parties do get more than 50%.
  • NemtynakhtNemtynakht Posts: 2,311

felix said:

BBC Politics

@BBCPolitics

Sir Keir Starmer

bbc.com

Some wag on twitter replied they were going to Brussels!

What poor sods are moving to London then getting spat out to Luton and Coventry.....talk about a raw deal.

Question is if we all become 3 day a week WFHers, will the young still move to London in such large numbers? I definitely think we are going to continue to see exodus those to the regions. Why live in London with the cost and the crime, when you can sell you and have a decent house with a garden with less crime 2hrs outside of it.
    Seems to be a load sent from London to Mansfield.

That can't be right?
    BBC therefore now forecasting that the SNP will two short of a majority. They will be unchanged on 63.

BUT that there will be an enhanced majority for independence in Holyrood of 15 after likely Green list results.

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1391052693301563395
  • Of course choosing candidates based on where they come from on the assumption they'll win is in itself quite condescending. I guess my point is that Labour really needs to embed itself, listen and understand what it is these people want.

I think Labour really needs to make its credentials on crime, immigration, economic competence much stronger. I don't see the "wokeness" issue as a major one, it just needs to not get into these arguments with the Tories. The Tories are gagging for a war, Labour would be best to ignore it.

Somebody else for the SC is Rosie Duffield BTW, thoughts?
    HYUFD said:

Believe that was also what Curtice was saying yesterday.
    (((Dan Hodges)))
    @DPJHodges
    ·
    13m
    It's going to be funny watching the Left now try to claim Andy Burnham as one of their own.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,963
    Andy_JS said:

Aberdeenshire West:

Con 19,709
    SNP 16,319
    LD 3,363
    Lab 2,382

Balmoral country saves the Tories again.

"How many votes can one have?"

"As many as you like, Ma'am....."
    dixiedean said:

Andy_JS said:

You ought to have visited before It was re-developed!
    Not a single place selling oat milk lattes for miles around....

The SNP will need either a coalition or confidence and supply arrangements with the Greens to govern in Scotland.

What does this mean for #IndyRef2? Will SNP go for it now? Will Johnson use the lack of SNP majority as a political argument to deny?

It's not even true. A minority gmt is a third option and has been.
    BigRich said:

ydoethur said:

I thought he was the 'Count Binface Party', not 'Official Monster Raving Loony Party',

has he defected and started his own brake away party, or rebranded?
    Definitely not ORMLP defector - Bona fide Alien as well. Sutch always identified as human
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,719
    edited May 2021
    The Scottish Conservatives holding Aberdeenshire West just now the pivotal result in denying the SNP a mandate to press for any constitutional change

https://twitter.com/BallotBoxScot/status/1391051093006819334?s=20
    Aberdeenshire West - looks like a lot of Unionist tactical voting by LibDems.
    HYUFD said:

The Scottish Conservatives holding Aberdeenshire West just now the pivotal result in denying the SNP a mandate to press for any constitutional change

https://twitter.com/BallotBoxScot/status/1391051093006819334?s=20

Add Scottish Greens. Plenty mandate there.
  • HarryFreemanHarryFreeman Posts: 210
    No mandate for a referendum so far.

ScotFax
    @scotfax
    ·
    2m
    68 constituencies done.

There are 58,000 more voters for the union than for independence.

There are c212K voters to declare on the constituencies.
  • noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,461

He is an independent space warrior who is 5965 years old and his best policy is perhaps renaming London Bridge, Phoebe Waller. Hope that helps.
    ydoethur said:

He’d probably be doing worse round here. They’d have lost Leek South as well.
    Have lost Leek? Now that's what I call a ramp!
    Greater Manchester GE 2019 %ages.
    Lab 47.9%
    Con 34.9%

Mayor 2021.
    Burnham 67.3%
    Con 16.9%
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Roger said:

Do people seriously think less of Starmer because Hartlepudlians and their ilk voted Tory?

I remember when Labour Wolverhampton came out in their droves to support Enoch Powell followed by the dockers and porters who marched through London. There are some very illiberal people who vote Labour and if they prefer Tory/UKIP so be it

Starmer shouldn't be 'listening'. We know the sound of the 'Little Englanders' He should set out a vision of liberal inclusiveness and if Labour's traditional supporters don't like it then go for constituencies that do. Johnson's welcome to the his 'Red Wall'. They deserve each other.

The trouble with that is, the electorate elects the government.
  • AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    Ex MP Dan Norris wins West of England mayorality

He is an independent space warrior who is 5965 years old and his best policy is perhaps renaming London Bridge, Phoebe Waller. Hope that helps.
    I think his best policy was trying to achieve zero emissions from Piers Morgan by 2030
    Andy_JS said:

ydoethur said:

Andy_JS said:

ydoethur said:

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

IMPORTANT NEWS

And?
    Maybe you got that election mixed up with the next one.
    It wasn’t me that was getting mixed up, Andy!

Aberdeenshire West - looks like a lot of Unionist tactical voting by LibDems.

Not been nearly enough of this though and boy have the SNP gained. The number of seats they have won whilst outnumbered by Unionists. Its infuriating and we may have a very high price to pay for such stupidity.
    edited May 2021
    Andy Burnham promises the voters to adopt a "place first, not party first approach".

"Where government gets it right I will work with them, where they don't, I will challenge them for you," he says.

He also uses his speech to make a plea for more devolution and pledges to give his region "a London-style transport system with London-style fares".

So costs going up then?
    10.7% swing from Con to Lab in West of England mayoral election.
  • https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1391054563160076297

So what is going on in the West? It seems to me that rumours of Labour's death are greatly exaggerated
  • squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,288

@Floater I will remind you that in that poll of Hartlepool, the issue of "woke" was mentioned by 2% of voters. It's clearly a key issue.

It may not matter at the elections but it pisses people off. They might not openly say it but they think it.
    Just because it pisses you off doesn't mean it pisses everyone off.
    I never said it did .. but you try to.portray it as an irrelevance and it isn't.
    I put forward evidence
    Let's just agree to disagree.
    Carnyx said:

It's not even true. A minority gmt is a third option and has been.
    And that's what will happen. I do not see a formal coalition just like there wasn't in the last Parliament.
    edited May 2021
    Hiliary Benn, Mr Stop Brexit...That will get all those leavers onboard...

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1391054563160076297

So what is going on in the West? It seems to me that rumours of Labour's death are greatly exaggerated

It's Brizzle, innit.....
    HYUFD said:

Boris can hold off on sending the tanks up to Hadrians Wall for now then! :D

• NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 703
    Con gain Humberside PCC from Lab
This discussion has been closed.