Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Mid-Beds MP Nadine Dorries becomes the first to be diagnosed w

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited March 2020 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Mid-Beds MP Nadine Dorries becomes the first to be diagnosed with Covid-19

Department of Health has confirmed to Sky News that health minister Nadine Dorries has tested positive for covid-19

Read the full story here

Comments

• MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 24,587
    edited March 2020
    All the best Nadine.

Oh, and first!
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,084
    First. Like Nadine
    Oops second. So are MPs going to follow the official advice on 14 days’ self-isolation?
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842
    Coronad.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,069
    IanB2 said:

Oops second. So are MPs going to follow the official advice on 14 days’ self-isolation?

It will be a quiet budget then!
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Feck me - that complicates things
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,575
    The paper’s reporting that Dorries has “met hundreds of people in parliament in the past week and attended a reception at No 10 with Boris Johnson”. She is said to be recovering...

Also reported she first felt ill at the weekend while holding a constituency surgery....

So much for social distancing.
  • edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,136
    Now I've found out that Nadine Dorries was a health minister the uselessness of the British response is making more sense.
  • FPT
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

As many as '60 to 70 per cent' of Germans will be infected with the deadly coronavirus, Chancellor Angela Merkel warned today, as the contagion threatened to rip through Europe.

She is therefore predicting that, on a conservative estimate, 480,000 Germans will die, and 4 million will require critical care in hospital. In the next few weeks.
    83 million living in Germany and by my maths 70% of that is 58 million

Am I missing something or is she predicting 58 million Germans will be infected ?
    Yes, she is predicting that
    Maybe I misread your post - you seemed to say 4 million
    She was referring to the WHO worst case scenario:
    - up to 70% infected
    - 5-10% in critical care i.e. 4 million
    - 1% fatalities

She didn't make a prediction.
    Why did she say it in the first place. Hostage to fortune
    Are you suggesting that the political leadership of the country stays silent about the impending crisis?
    She had refrained from comment thus far, largely.
    She already caused chaos with her open invitation to migrants when prudence would have been wise, so the same with this
    Why did her open invitation to migrants cause chaos?

Did your life become more chaotic?
    It is accepted that she made a huge error which continues to be played out on the Greek border
    No it isn't.

How did your life become more chaotic?
    It did for millions of migrants and communitues around Europe

And why have the EU done nothing about the Greeks opening fire on the migrants
    Exactly on whose behalf are you speaking? Are you intimately acquainted with "millions of migrants and communities around Europe"?

No of course you're not.

You have precisely zero basis upon which to opine. A period of silence would be welcome now from you.
    Who on earth do you think you are.

And many on this forum would endorse my views

I will not be silent
    STFU Big G. Tell us about cruises and big armchairs. That's about it.
    Pathetic and sad - such intolerance and arrogance

And no answer on why the EU are not preventing the Greeks firing on the migrants
  • MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    IanB2 said:

On a related point, is it even a good idea to stick 600+ MPs in a room at this point? Or the entire Cabinet to meet around one table? Not just because of the chance of them all actually catching something but the risk of them needing to be isolated simultaneously.

A couple of other parliaments and senior civil figures around the world suggest they should probably start being careful...
  • Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,232
    Are we sure this is kosher? I hate to say it but the woman is a pathological exhibitionist.
    Nigelb said:

The paper’s reporting that Dorries has “met hundreds of people in parliament in the past week and attended a reception at No 10 with Boris Johnson”. She is said to be recovering...

Also reported she first felt ill at the weekend while holding a constituency surgery....

Ill on Saturday and recovering by Tuesday?
  • Now I've found out that Nadine Dorries was a health minister the uselessness of the British response is making more sense.

Nadine is not responsible for the advice which is coming from the medical experts
  • FPT

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

As many as '60 to 70 per cent' of Germans will be infected with the deadly coronavirus, Chancellor Angela Merkel warned today, as the contagion threatened to rip through Europe.

She is therefore predicting that, on a conservative estimate, 480,000 Germans will die, and 4 million will require critical care in hospital. In the next few weeks.

Am I missing something or is she predicting 58 million Germans will be infected ?
    - up to 70% infected
    - 1% fatalities

Are you suggesting that the political leadership of the country stays silent about the impending crisis?
    She already caused chaos with her open invitation to migrants when prudence would have been wise, so the same with this

It is accepted that she made a huge error which continues to be played out on the Greek border
    No it isn't.

Exactly on whose behalf are you speaking? Are you intimately acquainted with "millions of migrants and communities around Europe"?

No of course you're not.

You have precisely zero basis upon which to opine. A period of silence would be welcome now from you.

I will not be silent

And no answer on why the EU are not preventing the Greeks firing on the migrants
    The EU has no legal means of doing so. EU members are sovereign.
  • Are we sure this is kosher? I hate to say it but the woman is a pathological exhibitionist.

A story as big as this is genuine

Now I've found out that Nadine Dorries was a health minister the uselessness of the British response is making more sense.

Nadine is not responsible for the advice which is coming from the medical experts
    The person who thought that putting her in charge of people's health was a good idea is in charge of the British government.
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950

FPT

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

- up to 70% infected
    - 1% fatalities

No it isn't.

No of course you're not.

I will not be silent

Your ignorance knows no bounds. Time for you to go to bed.
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    eadric said:

Andy_JS said:
    Tell that to the fecking Don't Panickers. They will end up killing us all.
    eadric said:

Andy_JS said:
    Don’t panic is good advice. Just take it seriously.
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

The Differences Between the Coronavirus and the Spanish Flu

https://youtu.be/B6IgMdsZHbM

fpt this is very good

2 points leap out

- the theory that this virus won't like the hot weather. We don't know yet, but MERS -another coronavirus - comes from Saudi Arabia, and its host is the camel.

- in addition to the elderly a major at risk group is the obese - highly relevant in the States.
  • MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    Nigelb said:

I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that based on advice at the time - in fact the advice still current - that unless she had travelled to a danger-zone or had direct contact with a suspected carrier, there was no reason to self-isolate.

"Everyone who feels poorly should self-isolate even if they can't think why they might have contracted COVID-19" was, I as I understand it, supposed to be the next stage of advice, only to be rolled out once it was clear there was substantial community transmission.

The serious potential consequences of Nadine's problem might suggest the current advice is insufficiently aggressive, and at the very least (just as risk management) senior government figures should have been told to apply more rigorous rules.
  • Time_to_LeaveTime_to_Leave Posts: 2,547
    I see this site continues to have a large number of contributors who know better than the Chief Medical Officer and Public Health England. You should all apply for jobs there.
  • GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,697
    edited March 2020
    Nadine!!!! :open_mouth:
  • Now I've found out that Nadine Dorries was a health minister the uselessness of the British response is making more sense.

The person who thought that putting her in charge of people's health was a good idea is in charge of the British government.
    She is not in charge, that is Matt Hancock and by the way she is a nurse
  • TOPPING said:

FPT

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

- up to 70% infected
    - 1% fatalities

No it isn't.

No of course you're not.

I will not be silent

No point in responding to ignorance
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,712

So far we have had fewer cases than China, Italy, Iran, S Korea, France, Spain, Germany and the USA and fewer deaths than all those nations bar Germany.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,043

I see this site continues to have a large number of contributors who know better than the Chief Medical Officer and Public Health England. You should all apply for jobs there.

Nah, I'm going for Dom's Downing Street Unit of misfits and whackjobs.
    Get well soon Nadine Dorries
    edited March 2020
    eadric said:

FPT

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

- up to 70% infected
    - 1% fatalities

No it isn't.

No of course you're not.

I will not be silent

I suspect Topping has had a fine day at the Cheltenham races, and is now feeling a little, er, giddy.

It is a rather embarrassing spectacle and he will likely apologise, with a hangover, tomorrow.
    Why was Angela Merkel's immigration policy such a disaster?

Right now, the concern has to be she can take out the key ministers and civil servants responsible for the UKs response.
    IshmaelZ said:

fpt this is very good

2 points leap out

- the theory that this virus won't like the hot weather. We don't know yet, but MERS -another coronavirus - comes from Saudi Arabia, and its host is the camel.

- in addition to the elderly a major at risk group is the obese - highly relevant in the States.
    On the latter point, this is worth a read:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/10/opinions/osterholm-coronavirus-interview-bergen/index.html
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,286
    "Asked whether Trump — a self-described germaphobe — would continue to shake hands with people amidst the spread of coronavirus, the vice president said he expects so.

“Well, look as the president has said, in our line of work, you shake hands when someone wants to shake your hand,” Pence told reporters. “I expect the president will continue to do that”"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/mar/10/democratic-primaries-michigan-bernie-sanders-joe-biden-donald-trump-live-updates
  • AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    Indy tomorrow says UK is increasing covid testing to 10k/day (recent average has been 1700ish).
  • WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,480
    edited March 2020

Many countries seems to believe they know better than each other at the moment, possibly indicating disagreement between chief experts. When combined with the fact that there seem to be huge variations in how fast the disease is spreading and where and whether it's under control, it's not surprising that people feel free to contribute their own thoughts and senses of the situation.
    Boris Johnson should self isolate for 14 days now I think ?

I'm not even joking :!
  • Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,047

All the best Nadine.

Oh, and first!

Same. And now everyone who has had contact with her needs to step forward and be tested. In fact, mandatory testing for all Government workers would probably not be a bad idea.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited March 2020
    Andrew said:

Indy tomorrow says UK is increasing covid testing to 10k/day (recent average has been 1700ish).

That's great news. SK appears to have got on top of this with a testing capacity of 14k a day.

I presume they are going to copy the model of having the quicker less reliable test as well as the current one that takes a couple of days.
  • Jonathan said:

Right now, the concern has to be she can take out the key ministers and civil servants responsible for the UKs response.
    I do accept this a very serious problem for all those she met including Boris and mps but she hardly did it deliberately
    Andy_JS said:

"Asked whether Trump — a self-described germaphobe — would continue to shake hands with people amidst the spread of coronavirus, the vice president said he expects so.

“Well, look as the president has said, in our line of work, you shake hands when someone wants to shake your hand,” Pence told reporters. “I expect the president will continue to do that”"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/mar/10/democratic-primaries-michigan-bernie-sanders-joe-biden-donald-trump-live-updates

The Dutch PM gave a speech asking people not to shake hands, then went and shook the hand of the guy presenting with him at the end.

TOPPING said:

FPT

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

- up to 70% infected
    - 1% fatalities

No it isn't.

No of course you're not.

I will not be silent

Why was Angela Merkel's immigration policy so bad?
    eadric said:

Jonathan said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:
    eadric said:

Andy_JS said:
    No, mild panic is advisable, and has been advisable for weeks. The Chinese panicked, so did the Taiwanese, as did the Japanese, and it has worked.

Western nonchalance is going to be our downfall, if we are not very very careful.

"Meh, it's just the flu"

Idiots.
    Losing control and acting irrationally helps no one. We need the Apollo 13 mindset and calmly work out the problem. Details matter and they’re the first to go when you panic.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    Pulpstar said:

Does the test not show up a positive if you have been infected? I presume they are regularly testing important individuals.
  • isamisam Posts: 40,731
    edited March 2020
    TOPPING said:

eadric said:

FPT

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

- up to 70% infected
    - 1% fatalities

No it isn't.

No of course you're not.

I will not be silent

I suspect Topping has had a fine day at the Cheltenham races, and is now feeling a little, er, giddy.

It is a rather embarrassing spectacle and he will likely apologise, with a hangover, tomorrow.
    It helped leave win the referendum. Some see that as a disaster
  • valleyboyvalleyboy Posts: 605
    Any idea where Nadine picked this up?
    Will @Tissue_Price go into self isolation now :o ?
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Pulpstar said:

Which is why I said things are going to get complicated, Hancock too?
  • valleyboyvalleyboy Posts: 605
    Pulpstar said:

Good idea
    valleyboy said:

That's probably the bigger question.
  • TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

FPT

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

- up to 70% infected
    - 1% fatalities

No it isn't.

No of course you're not.

I will not be silent

Maybe time for you to close your own keyboard

The government cannot be wrong, the government is right by definition.

Then they'll change their minds, and right will become wrong, and wrong will become right, but the government will always be right.
  • Pulpstar said:

I know you are not
    isam said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

FPT

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

- up to 70% infected
    - 1% fatalities

No it isn't.

No of course you're not.

I will not be silent

It helped leave win the referendum. Some see that as a disaster
    True. It motivated those who don't like foreigners.

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

FPT

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

- up to 70% infected
    - 1% fatalities

No it isn't.

No of course you're not.

I will not be silent

• Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 48,922
    Hope she's OK
    eadric said:

Jonathan said:

eadric said:

Jonathan said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:
    eadric said:

Andy_JS said:
    No, mild panic is advisable, and has been advisable for weeks. The Chinese panicked, so did the Taiwanese, as did the Japanese, and it has worked.

Western nonchalance is going to be our downfall, if we are not very very careful.

"Meh, it's just the flu"

Idiots.
    Losing control and acting irrationally helps no one. We need the Apollo 13 mindset and calmly work out the problem. Details matter and they’re the first to go when you panic.
    I guess it depends how you define panic.

We certainly need a higher level of alarm, concern and fearful awareness amongst the general population, so they will adopt social distancing, wash their hands, wear masks, etc. Everything tells us that this works. We can beat this.

It is time to give the people a rather nasty wake up call.
    *Waving*

You didn't answer my question.

• TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

FPT

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

- up to 70% infected
    - 1% fatalities

No it isn't.

No of course you're not.

I will not be silent

You answered your own question and hence Brexit

And I voted remain before you have another go
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,043

Pulpstar said:

I know you are not
    He has Chequers to self-isolate in.

Quite fancy 14 days there myself to be honest.
    valleyboy said:

In the jungle?
    eadric said:

Jonathan said:

eadric said:

Jonathan said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:
    eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

"Meh, it's just the flu"

Idiots.

We certainly need a higher level of alarm, concern and fearful awareness amongst the general population, so they will adopt social distancing, wash their hands, wear masks, etc. Everything tells us that this works. We can beat this.

Self immolation in a pile of lavatory paper using hand sanitiser as an accelerant? That would grab a few headlines.
    eadric said:

Jonathan said:

eadric said:

Jonathan said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:
    eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

"Meh, it's just the flu"

Idiots.

Masks provide little protection and using a tissue the throwing it away avoids spread just as well
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,674
    IanB2 said:

Would anyone notice a difference
  • Andrew said:

A step in the right direction.
    Our authorities announced a week or so ago that test capacities had been expanded by a couple of thousands to 12, 000 a day.
    The more you test, the more you can find.
  • Boris is a disgrace, we’re fucked.

He needs to resign.

https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1237503366005170176?s=21
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,723
    IanB2 said:

valleyboy said:

In the jungle?
    The mighty jungle.
  • TGOHF666TGOHF666 Posts: 2,052
    Has Big G upset the radical Europhiles again ??
    IanB2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

fpt this is very good

2 points leap out

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/10/opinions/osterholm-coronavirus-interview-bergen/index.html
    Interesting that he thinks obesity will raise the US fatality rate over China despite China smoking more.
  • another_richardanother_richard Posts: 24,967
    eadric said:

Jonathan said:

eadric said:

Jonathan said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:
    eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

"Meh, it's just the flu"

Idiots.

Rather convenient then the health minister becoming infected.
  • Boris is a disgrace, we’re fucked.

He needs to resign.

No - Boris is just wrong on this
  • tysontyson Posts: 6,049

valleyboy said:

That's probably the bigger question.

Because the virus is endemic and being passed now within the population......and we will be in Italy's position by the end of next week give or take.....

I spoke to a friend today caught in the maelstrom- Italian hospitals have basically stopped treating post 60's to concentrate on younger patients with a better chance of survival...sadly Eadric was right last night...
    Jonathan said:

bollox
  • Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,232
    eadric said:

Well, Boris Johnson stood between the Chief Medical Officer and Some Other Major Doctor and literally said "handshaking is fine, I'm doing it" to the British people.

The medical bigwigs did not contradict his obviously stupid and foolish advice.

Five days later he bashfully admitted that the advice was wrong.

Does that inspire you with confidence?
    Agreed. The government has been faffing around. Why the freak have we not put a blockade on Italy when all our cases have come from there, and it’s been known for ages it’s a hotbed?

Boris is a disgrace, we’re fucked.

He needs to resign.

The man has a sense of humour. But should we be playing such an appointment for laughs?

He needs to resign.

Just because he won a bigger majority than Dave managed no need to throw your toys out the pram!
    IshmaelZ said:

fpt this is very good

2 points leap out

Obesity a big problem in the Gulf States too.
  • Time_to_LeaveTime_to_Leave Posts: 2,547
    edited March 2020
    eadric said:

Well, Boris Johnson stood between the Chief Medical Officer and Some Other Major Doctor and literally said "handshaking is fine, I'm doing it" to the British people.

There remains no reason not to shake hands, unless you’re also refraining from touching anything else another person just touched.

Edit - Apart from, as some have said, the fact of not shaking hands reminding people of the need to wash hands and not touch faces etc.
  • TGOHF666 said:

Looks like it. Truth hurts
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,575
    HYUFD said:

He needs to resign.

Just because he won a bigger majority than Dave managed no need to throw your toys out the pram!
    What’s Grayling doing in anything labelled ‘Intelligence‘ ?

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

FPT

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

- up to 70% infected
    - 1% fatalities

No it isn't.

No of course you're not.

I will not be silent

You answered your own question and hence Brexit

And I voted remain before you have another go
    I didn't answer anything.

But you seem to be saying that enacting a humanitarian policy was bad because it allowed racist fucks to be racist fucks.

Have I got that right?
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,286
    Nadine Dorries is nearly 63, not 60 as just stated on Newsnight.
    IshmaelZ said:

IanB2 said:

IshmaelZ said:

fpt this is very good

2 points leap out

Interesting that he thinks obesity will raise the US fatality rate over China despite China smoking more.
    Also interesting that he pins the men v women thing on Chinese men smoking and women not, rather than any gender propensity to get the virus.
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,408
    edited March 2020
    TGOHF666 said:

No. He engaged in childish trolling then complained when it got the reaction he obviously wanted, sorry to say.

FPT

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

eadric said:

- up to 70% infected
    - 1% fatalities

No it isn't.

No of course you're not.

I will not be silent

Because the Turks are aiding and abetting the migrants' attempts at breaching the border.

eadric said:

Agreed. The government has been faffing around. Why the freak have we not put a blockade on Italy when all our cases have come from there, and it’s been known for ages it’s a hotbed?
    When was mad Nad in Italy?
    eadric said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

Jonathan said:

eadric said:

Jonathan said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:
    eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

"Meh, it's just the flu"

Idiots.

*Waving*

You're drunk. Go to bed.
    Answer the question. Why was Angela Merkel's immigration policy so bad?

A nation of asses led by donkeys
    If recommending masks be worn in public, presumably to start with only in high risk areas, the Government needs to ensure a good supply of them. At the moment, I believe they are in short supply, and likely to remain so for as long as coronavirus is with us.

So we basically need instructions on how to make them, how to use a scarf, a simple pop out version sent to every household in the UK, or something. Otherwise you just cause ridiculous mask fights etc etc.
    eadric said:

HYUFD said:

eadric said:

Jonathan said:

eadric said:

Jonathan said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:
    eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

"Meh, it's just the flu"

Idiots.

Masks provide little protection and using a tissue the throwing it away avoids spread just as well
    You haven't grasped the point of masks. They offer some protection against infection, but it isn't pivotal, partly because they are often misused; where they are vital, is the way they prevent SPREADING: by carriers not coughing and sneezing over everyone.

This is such a simple point, and yet so crucial.
    Yes but tissues can do that too
  • EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,960
    TOPPING said:

eadric said:

Jonathan said:

eadric said:

Jonathan said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:
    eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

"Meh, it's just the flu"

Idiots.

*Waving*

Ooh, ooh, I know this one!

Because it was in direct contravention of established EU protocols. Specifically, the so-called Dublin rules. She made the decision, apparently, on the spur of the moment, without consultation, because of some pictures she saw on the news.

What do I win?

TGOHF666 said:

Looks like it. Truth hurts
    Racist fucks.
    edited March 2020
    eadric said:

The related point is that a lot of these decisions are *political*, not strictly medical like whether you're prepared to clobber event organizers to save the lives of old people. They're made by the government. The experts will recommend things, but the experts are also working within the parameters set by ministers.

They're also dependent on how the government is leading. Apparently the defence for the British sitting their scratching their arses while east Asia successfully switches to working from home and shutting down events is that although it would be effective, if they do it too soon people would get sick of it and stop cooperating. But in a crisis, leadership matters. The non-medical factors make a huge difference to whether people would stop cooperating or not.

But if you ask the medical expert about them, they can't really say, "Apparently the PM wants to do things this way, don't blame me, I didn't vote for this stupid twat." They have to defend the collective decision.
    kle4 said:

TGOHF666 said:

No. He engaged in childish trolling then complained when it got the reaction he obviously wanted, sorry to say.
    I agree I blame Big G as much as anyone else for tonight's hostilities on here.
  • kle4 said:

TGOHF666 said:

It was not childish trolling and I did expect the reaction.

That should not stop anyone from expressing an opinion on the EU and the Greek migrant crisis

But it has upset the Europhiles
  • AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,618
    Chrissy Grayling back in public life.

How we have missed him!
    eadric said:

HYUFD said:

eadric said:

Jonathan said:

eadric said:

Jonathan said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:
    eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

"Meh, it's just the flu"

Idiots.

You haven't grasped the point of masks. They offer some protection against infection, but it isn't pivotal, partly because they are often misused; where they are vital, is the way they prevent SPREADING: by carriers not coughing and sneezing over everyone.

This is such a simple point, and yet so crucial.
    Are you wearing a mask day to day? Send us a photo.
    Jonathan said:

eadric said:

Jonathan said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:
    eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

"Meh, it's just the flu"

Idiots.
    That is right but "Don't panic" never means "Don't panic", it's an oblique insult meaning "You are (unnecessarily) panicking in expressing the view that x is serious when in my superior judgment it is not serious", usually backed up with some hebephrenic fuckwittery about the relative prevalence of flu and the risk of being run over.
    HYUFD said:

He needs to resign.

Only an absolute moron could give that absolute thick bell end a job
    Endillion said:

TOPPING said:

eadric said:

Jonathan said:

eadric said:

Jonathan said:

eadric said:

Andy_JS said:
    eadric said:

Andy_JS said:

"Meh, it's just the flu"

Idiots.

*Waving*

Ooh, ooh, I know this one!

Because it was in direct contravention of established EU protocols. Specifically, the so-called Dublin rules. She made the decision, apparently, on the spur of the moment, without consultation, because of some pictures she saw on the news.

What do I win?
    Daft bag.
This discussion has been closed.