Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Getting Brexit Done

Comments

• Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,873

This time tomorrow I’ll be very drunk.

Works do?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

I've not moved on from poetry since my schooldays, in that I cannot tell what is meant to be generally thought of as a 'good' example of it or not. I feel the same way about things like various gymnastics events, such as the Pommell Horse, in that it all seems very impressive but I cannot tell which is better than another.

Good poetry is poetry you enjoy. Different people have different good poets: for some people there are none.
  • Options

Our final #GE2019 Westminster voting intention on behalf of the @Telegraph, is as follows:

CON 41% (-)
    LAB 36% (+3)
    LD 12% (-)
    Other 11% (-3)

9th - 10th Dec

(changes from Savanta ComRes/Sunday Telegraph, Dec 7th)

https://t.co/SwZAJxFqTk https://t.co/PRibInIPwE

What did I say....
    s**t
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,298

IanB2 said:

Wow! Check out what LauraK has been saying about postal voting, as quoted in the Guardian, then go straight back to your online accounts! Dynamite!

Except it’s crap. Even if it turns out to be true.
    If it is true she might get a visit from Mr Plod!
    No sign of the prog on iPlayer. Someone at the BBC has decided to cap the risk
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,804
    edited December 2019

Our final #GE2019 Westminster voting intention on behalf of the @Telegraph, is as follows:

CON 41% (-)
    LAB 36% (+3)
    LD 12% (-)
    Other 11% (-3)

9th - 10th Dec

Boom, Boom. Labour would still hope to outperform the polls a little (especially as the average will be higher than this 5%), like last time, but that would probably be enough to cobble some anti-tory majority together.

The red wall has reinforced itself, why must it tease the Tories so?
  • Options
    ozymandiasozymandias Posts: 1,503
    edited December 2019
    It’s one poll. One. From historically bad for blues. Look at the others.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited December 2019
    £110k now...make that £130k.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

CON 41% (-)
    LAB 36% (+3)
    LD 12% (-)
    Other 11% (-3)

9th - 10th Dec

Get in the fridge!
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,933
    edited December 2019

isam said:

isam said:

HYUFD said:
    Why do celebrities feel that they are adding anything or are honour bound to share their political views? The first series of Alan Partridge was hilarious, so are The Trip series'... do I feel the need to know what he thinks about politics on the News as well? Why?
    Its not that different to us posting on here, celebs just happens to have a bigger audience.
    Why doesn’t he post on here then? I don’t see why being talented in his job should elevate his views in a completely unrelated field to the point of him being on prime time tv talking about them. He certainly isn’t ‘honour bound’ to tell us all about them as he claims
    Maybe he does? Maybe he hasnt heard of the site? Maybe he is anti-betting? Ive really no idea.

Being talented as an actor, sportsperson or musician allows someone to create a brand through which they can sell overpriced clothes, books, dvds and also political ideas, its just part of modern life. I agree he is not honour bound to share his view but he is just as entitled to share them as we are.
    Not sure why you want to argue with me. You are agreeing with what I said.

The books and dvds, and to an extent the clothes, that celebs sell on the back of their fame are usually related to their talent. If Coogan made a dvd or wrote a book about politics, I doubt it would sell as well as one of his comedy
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,229
    edited December 2019
    IanB2 said:

The Tories will be fuming at LK as well - it just panics Labour voters into turning out tomorrow. She really should have been more careful. And people shouldn't have been leaking to her.

Bragging (at being in the know), not leaking.
    Didn't a Labour candidate in Bristol get a police caution for similar naughtiness?
  • Options

CON 41% (-)
    LAB 36% (+3)
    LD 12% (-)
    Other 11% (-3)

9th - 10th Dec

Hmmm... must be an outlier :lol:
  • Options

It’s one poll. One.

Well either ComRes or Opinium are going to have egg on their faces tomorrow.
  • Options
    Has somebody run the seat numbers?
  • Options
    Its 2017 all over again down to the polling...
  • Options

kle4 said:

I've not moved on from poetry since my schooldays, in that I cannot tell what is meant to be generally thought of as a 'good' example of it or not. I feel the same way about things like various gymnastics events, such as the Pommell Horse, in that it all seems very impressive but I cannot tell which is better than another.

Good poetry is poetry you enjoy. Different people have different good poets: for some people there are none.
    Sure, but there are still generally acclaimed people in any art form who, though not for everyone, critical consensus says is good.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,013
    If 2017 was the Herdson election eve, 2019 is the herds-off election eve, looking at those divergent polls. Really sorry about that one.
  • Options
    spudgfshspudgfsh Posts: 1,312

It seems quite reasonable to me that the exit poll could be wrong if these seats in the North are as close as people say

The exit poll can be statistically correct but produce an outcome completely different from the actual result. in a close election the Tories getting 315 seats will be a compeltely different thing to them getting 330 seats. both of which could be well within the Margin of error.
  • Options
    HaroldOHaroldO Posts: 1,185
    Labour are literally giving away monkey butlers and still cannot get ahead. Unreal.
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,934
    3rd comres to show lab 36, the only pollster to do so
  • Options

What’s the lowest lead we’ve had this evening please?

Nine.
    Statistically we should expect at least one that is small, say 5-6%.
    I don't buy the doom-laden predictions (from the Tory point of view) which state that they need something like a 7pt lead to scrape a majority. The last election, fought on the same boundaries, saw Theresa May short of an absolute majority by only nine seats based on a 2.4pt margin over Labour. A 4% lead on polling day ought to be enough for Johnson to at least scrape home.

The polls published so far this evening have been encouraging from the Conservative perspective. Whilst it's still possible for them to fall right back into Hung Parliament territory or to win by a landslide, I think there's every reason to suppose that the eventual outcome will be somewhere in between the two.

I remain confident that there will be a Tory majority of some sort at the conclusion of this election. If asked to define my confidence numerically, I'd estimate the likelihood thereof at around 80-90%.
    Fully agreed. The only thing pointing towards a 6-7% lead being required for a majority is Yougov's MRP, but I'm sceptical about how the vote is distributed (they have the tories making bigger gains in some heavily remain ultra-safe labour seats than in most heavily remain seats for instance, with the labour vote being extremely efficient in comparison) and they do have a pretty poor track record on actually predicting seats.

They got 2017 right mainly because they were very close to the actual national voteshare (4% instead of 2.5%), but in terms of seats it was pretty bad - they predicted only 303 tory seats on that lead instead of 317, so on a 2.5% lead their model would have probably been between 20 and 30 seats short.
  • Options
    Betfair market is going bananas...huge money getting matched.
  • Options
    Well ComRes are this year’s Survation.

• Options

3rd comres to show lab 36, the only pollster to do so

Share. Not lead.
  • Options
    HaroldO said:

Tow big issues from this general election;

1) Brexit has damaged the Tories economic prowess badly, they have been so single minded over enacting the policy they have sacrificed the high ground almost completely over fiscal pridence which has allowed Labour to thrive with their economic crankery. The checks and balances between the two lead parties over government spending etc has now gone, which in my opinion is a very long term worry.

2) Anti-Semitism has damaged Labours "progessive" credentials as badly as the above, allowing racist crankery to rear its ugly head again. By embracing a culture war based view of race they have made the subject frictional where understanding was growing year on year. Without the checks and balances here we have lost the balance we were establishing....again a long term worry.

Plus after TIG and then the likely LibDem disappointment, the prospect of either realignment or breakthrough and a change to our political system looks postponed for another generation.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,695

Can anyone recommend a good election night drinking game that won't lead to alcohol poisoning?

Have a shot every time a Brexit Party MP is elected?
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,977

Is it? I distinctly remember a survation poll being within 1 or 2%. Not had any of those.

We are either on a hung parliament - or a moderate to large Tory majority
  • Options
    As I said earlier, it really comes down to which is correct, Labour on ~32% or ~36%. That is really the difference between the polls we have seen.
  • Options
    Is the error margin, whilst unquoted, still mathematically +/- 3%?
  • Options
    I will stick with 55% HP. I promised I would if we saw a poll with a lead of 6 points or less.
  • Options
    Blimey, look at that ComRes!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    wonder if betfair could have pressure against a Tory majority from people hedging their wealth

I'm down 2k Tory majority, up 4.4k NOM for this reason
  • Options

I will stick with 55% HP. I promised I would if we saw a poll with a lead of 6 points or less.

And of course you ignore all the others. But your call 😆
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,289
    Still overall a very good polling night for Con so far.

Surprised Betfair moved so much on the ComRes.

Opinium -12
    BMG - 9
    Panelbase - 9
    ComRes - 5

Then also NCP - 10 (albeit not a regular pollster)
  • Options

Is it? I distinctly remember a survation poll being within 1 or 2%. Not had any of those.

there were two polls in 2017 which were that close Qriously had a Labour 2% lead and Survation with a Tory 1% lead
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    Jonathan said:

The Comres? They're usually 2%.
  • Options

And of course you ignore all the others. But your call 😆
    I said in one poll and I would keep it at that.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,873
    41/36 will be NOM
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    At this rate, 200k will have been matched on Betfair Majority overall market in less than 30mins.
  • Options
    spudgfsh said:

there were two polls in 2017 which were that close Qriously had a Labour 2% lead and Survation with a Tory 1% lead
    And what did Qriously say today....?
  • Options
    This election is just too close to call.
  • Options

41/36 will be NOM

Maybe not...could see a Tory majority on 5% but agree NOM would be most likely on that
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,695

What is everybody drinking tomorrow night anyway ?

I have some rather nice spiced rum put aside, but not until bets have been adjusted after the exit poll.

I don't have a great position, some smallish constituency bets, on low LD numbers, and con gains in Scotland. I am green on Con 360+.

• Options

It really isn't.
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    egg said:

egg said:

Omnium said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:
    There was an old man of the left,
    Whose popularity gave him some heft,
    He taxed the few,
    And repelled the Jew,
    And so the opposition was cleft.
    'Poets' in the loosest possible use of the term. There are only 10 proper poets in the entire country.
    How on earth do you define 'proper poets'?

Ones that can actually write.
    One of the finest poets around today actually contributes to this site.
    Who?!
    Thank you 😌
    [ahem]
    Mighty I stand in rampaging light
    March morning on Aventine,
    Thyrsus in hand, the blossom bright,
    Leaves once again upon my vine.
    Soft hands hold the honey soaked thyrsus,
    A robe gay with barbaric gold.
    Smooth brow, with ivy's clustering berries,
    A wreathe binding myrrh-scented tresses.
    I am waiting.
    Absorbed in sweet thoughts,
    Of rich-haired Nymphai dwelling the dells of Nysa
    In their sweet-smelling caves,
    Beckoned from familiar sober manner
    By the overflowing and intoxicating power of nature.
    The mad Nymphai arrive to a beat,
    Dancing through groves with lightly leaping feet,
    Their heads thrown backwards, dishevelled hair,
    Sacred fawnskin flail at their loins,
    In their hands, swords and serpents,
    Staffs entwined with ivy, headed with pine-cone.
    They come again to the rite rejoice,
    Will dismember me now
    And devour -
    Eat this body, the flesh my spirit inhabits,
    Drink a toast with my deific blood,
    Thankfulness for the fruit that banishes despair.
    Nourished with blood and body,
    They grow into my likeness,
    A temple to my glory, great
    Becomes the mystery of our cult.

Hear me Death in your empire unconfined,
    Extending to mortal tribes of every kind.
    On thee the portion of our time depends,
    Where your absence lengthens life,
    Your presence life ends.

But a Soul divine and immortal,
    So doomed to live the grievous circle,
    Will rise again, yes,
    Rise again behind brief rest, will you my dust.
    Immortal life, Immortal life,
    I rise again where I am sown,
    This spring on Aventine,
    I wish I hadn't asked ;-)
  • Options

spudgfsh said:

13% Tory lead
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Jonathan said:

It really isn't.
    Agreed
  • Options

IanB2 said:

Wow! Check out what LauraK has been saying about postal voting, as quoted in the Guardian, then go straight back to your online accounts! Dynamite!

Except it’s crap. Even if it turns out to be true.
    If it is true she might get a visit from Mr Plod!

I chucked in an official complaint to the BBC, and asked for a formal response. It’ll provide a bit of interest in the fallow post-election period, perhaps. I don’t care at all about the PVs (except that people circulating such nonsense is a pet hate of mine, as you may have noticed) but thought she was very poor yesterday putting out that story about the non-assault without bothering to do any checking whatsoever.
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850

At this rate, 200k will have been matched on Betfair Majority overall market in less than 30mins.

What's going on?
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

It really isn't.
    Yes it is. No one knows how big Johnson's majority will actually be. :smile:
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    FOXY

Thanks for your time sir!!

Much appreciated and will see what tomorrow brings.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,289
    edited December 2019

wonder if betfair could have pressure against a Tory majority from people hedging their wealth

Well I for one have taken out serious insurance.

Hoping to lose a lot of money on Betfair tomorrow night.

Though I won't lose as much as I won in 2017 when I did the same - Con lost majority so my bets won big time but they stayed in power - was unbelievable!
  • Options

HYUFD said:

twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1204855717712318466?s=20

What an absolute cock Steve Coogan is. Tories should be sending that out on Facebook ASAP...see what they think of you.

I have to say all his sanctimonious stuff about phone hacking, when he used to be best mates with the NOTW celeb bod, used to phone him up on a Saturday night and got them to spike all sorts of stories about him.

He got pissed when Andy Coulson came in and said why do we keep not printing the stories about him?
    I think phone hackees like Coogan and Grant, whilst never likely to be natural Tory voters, now think the politics is personal.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,972

What's going on?
    There's an election tomorrow.

I'll get my coat....
  • Options
    edited December 2019

What's going on?
    Price came in quite significantly, then obviously after this 5% poll drifted way out, but it is the size of the money going in. Big lumps at a time, £10k, £20k etc. I can only presume city folk.
  • Options
    spudgfsh said:

spudgfsh said:

13% Tory lead
    Exactly. Blues chill. Breathe.
  • Options
    eggegg Posts: 1,749

egg said:

egg said:

Omnium said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:
    He taxed the few,
    And repelled the Jew,
    'Poets' in the loosest possible use of the term. There are only 10 proper poets in the entire country.

Who?!
    Thank you 😌
    [ahem]
    I am waiting.
    Will dismember me now
    And devour -

Your presence life ends.

Will rise again, yes,
    This spring on Aventine,
    😐
  • Options
    Who could have ever thought that nearly 4 in 10 of uk voters are antisemitic ?
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,598
    edited December 2019
    RobD said:

@PanelbaseMD @panelbase GB poll (changes since Dec 04-06)

Westminster #GE2019
    Con 43% (NC)
    Lab 34% (NC)
    Lib Dem 11% (-2%)
    Brexit Party 4% (+1%)*
    Green 3% (+1%)

*BXP share where they’re standing = 8% (+1%)

EU Ref
    Remain 52% (NC)
    Leave 48% (NC)

Dec 10-11

Sample 3,174

What’s that sound? I think it’s the sound of herding!!!
    How is it herding if they aren't changing?

Good news for team Blue as it suggests the last few days have had no significant impact in VI.
    Herd of cats :-)

Or on this case, Of Sleeping Dogs.
  • Options

spudgfsh said:

spudgfsh said:

13% Tory lead
    Given where Boris and Jezza have been, I don't think they believe it is 13% lead.
  • Options
    Mr Moderate will have ComRes as a Labour lead.

Imagine it though, bong at 10 and Labour the largest party.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125

This time tomorrow I’ll be very drunk.

In 25 hours I may need to break the habit of a lifetime and get bladdered......
  • Options

What is everybody drinking tomorrow night anyway ?

Tea probably, I will be at work.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    Anecdata: talked to a lawyer, staunch Tory unionist, lives in a SNP seat w/ close-ish Tory challenger … voting tactically for SNP because of Remain. Surprised me anyway.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Well I for one have taken out serious insurance.

Hoping to lose a lot of money on Betfair tomorrow night.

Though I won't lose as much as I won in 2017 when I did the same - Con lost majority so my bets won big time but they stayed in power - was unbelievable!
    Yes well I'd take a Tory landslide a big majority as first preference but would prefer the Tories on 324 rather than 326 :)
  • Options
    If 2017 is repeated, 15% of Labour voters will make up their mind tomorrow.

Which is strangely odd to the 75% that say they will back Labour tomorrow.
  • Options

Is he saying that all polls are wrong, or just the ones with the larger Tory leads? If he "corrects" YouGov to 6%, surely that means the methodology for this poll is bang on?
  • Options
    RobD said:

Is he saying that all polls are wrong, or just the ones with the larger Tory leads? If he "corrects" YouGov to 6%, surely that means the methodology for this poll is bang on?
    The answer is it’s the lowest lead he can find
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    Before people get too excited over the Savanta Comres poll , the fieldwork dates were the 9th and 10th of December.

That was at the height of phone gate . And so far it’s the only pollster to have done fieldwork only on those two days . That was before Ashworths idiocy .

We’d need to see another poll showing something similar or within the 5 to 7 range for later fieldwork .

• Options
    Jonathan said:

Random error. Probably nearer 2.5% at 95% confidence. The issue however is systemic error.
  • Options

If 2017 is repeated, 15% of Labour voters will make up their mind tomorrow.

Which is strangely odd to the 75% that say they will back Labour tomorrow.

Interesting stat, where'd it come from?
  • Options
    Average of tonight's polls so far must be about 8.5 ?
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,250
    camel said:

Evening. Thought you must have gone to NW Durham.

I would if I could. I think she might need me.

I'm not buying this 'could be close' monkey business.

It's damage limitation.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,826
    edited December 2019
    So we're still waiting for Delta, YouGov and Survation (MORI tomorrow as usual)
  • Options

egg said:

egg said:

Omnium said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:
    He taxed the few,
    And repelled the Jew,

Who?!
    Thank you 😌
    [ahem]
    I am waiting.
    Will dismember me now
    And devour -

Your presence life ends.

Will rise again, yes,
    This spring on Aventine,
    I liked it.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,316

spudgfsh said:

spudgfsh said:

13% Tory lead
    Given where Boris and Jezza have been, I don't think they believe it is 13% lead.
    Weird story on R5 driving home. Apparently since the beginning of December Boris has been in Tory held seats 2:1. Corbyn has been in opposition held seats ( mainly Tory) 2:1. Given the polling shouldn’t it have been the reverse?

This Tory campaign has been better than 2017 but it did seem excessively focused on just 9 seats more from an early stage.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,933
    nico67 said:

Before people get too excited over the Savanta Comres poll , the fieldwork dates were the 9th and 10th of December.

That was at the height of phone gate . And so far it’s the only pollster to have done fieldwork only on those two days . That was before Ashworths idiocy .

We’d need to see another poll showing something similar or within the 5 to 7 range for later fieldwork .

Yesterday & the day before? Readily dismissed as out of date 👍🏻
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/centrist_phone/status/1204872648272023553

It is a HP, this will be one of the reasons. Labour preferred for Labour Leavers.
  • Options
    I suspect there must be another decent one for the Tories tonight from the way the market was moving before ComRes.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

SPIN just suspended.

Maybe we should be notified when it isn't suspended?

That's more like news.
  • Options
    ByronicByronic Posts: 3,578
    Relax, PB rightwingers.

After my first twitch at the late Labour surge, which I felt in my waters before the pollsters realised, I sense a VERY late swing back to the Tories, as voters confront the REALITY of a Jew-hating Marxist government

I had lunch with a hardcore Labour friend (who hates Corbyn) today. He said that in the polling booth he will probably grimace and reluctantly vote Labour, but he also said that his parents who are Tories just LOVE Boris and they will eagerly vote Boris.

It is reluctance versus eagerness. Eagerness wins, for Boris. Probably a small majority of 20-30 as I predicted at the beginning of this entertaining shitshow.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

spudgfsh said:

spudgfsh said:

13% Tory lead
    Weird story on R5 driving home. Apparently since the beginning of December Boris has been in Tory held seats 2:1. Corbyn has been in opposition held seats ( mainly Tory) 2:1. Given the polling shouldn’t it have been the reverse?

This Tory campaign has been better than 2017 but it did seem excessively focused on just 9 seats more from an early stage.
    https://twitter.com/itvpeston/status/1204862853242589184
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Whatever the actual lead is on the day - I'm guessing between 5-7% - the general feel of the parties to me seems to be that the Tories are not at all confident, even pessimistic, and Labour are nervous but putting on a braver face.
  • Options
    Average lead still 9 points (9.7 if you want to indulge in spurious accuracy...):

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1204870235058319361?s=20
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,028

Well ComRes are this year’s Survation.

No, Survation had a 1% Tory lead in its final 2017 poll, a 5% Tory lead with Comres is still a 1.5% swing to the Tories from Labour, on UNS that would see 17 Tory gains from Labour, more than double the 8 needed for a majority
  • Options
    Right, I'm going off for a (very) early night.

Nothing more to be gained from speculating on here tonight, and a long day tomorrow.

Enjoy.
  • Options

What's going on?
    People are betting with money they want to win on Friday, like normal punters.
  • Options

Right, I'm going off for a (very) early night.

Nothing more to be gained from speculating on here tonight, and a long day tomorrow.

Enjoy.

But you might wake up to Labour ahead in the polls! :open_mouth:

:D
  • Options
    DavidL said:

spudgfsh said:

spudgfsh said:

13% Tory lead

There was talk earlier that leaders visits are now charged to the constituency, not the national campaign and so might not be as welcome as a few more mailshots in tight battles.
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,977

It is a HP, this will be one of the reasons. Labour preferred for Labour Leavers.

Anyone quoting this guy looks rather desperate...
  • Options
    spudgfsh said:

DavidL said:

spudgfsh said:

spudgfsh said:

13% Tory lead

https://twitter.com/itvpeston/status/1204862853242589184
    This to me indicates Labour thinks GTVO will be enough to hold the Labour Leave seats but Tories are deeply worried about going backwards in Remain seats.
  • Options
    Byronic said:

Relax, PB rightwingers.

After my first twitch at the late Labour surge, which I felt in my waters before the pollsters realised, I sense a VERY late swing back to the Tories, as voters confront the REALITY of a Jew-hating Marxist government

I had lunch with a hardcore Labour friend (who hates Corbyn) today. He said that in the polling booth he will probably grimace and reluctantly vote Labour, but he also said that his parents who are Tories just LOVE Boris and they will eagerly vote Boris.

It is reluctance versus eagerness. Eagerness wins, for Boris. Probably a small majority of 20-30 as I predicted at the beginning of this entertaining shitshow.

Yep, Labour voters just can't help voting Labour. They'd vote Labour even if led by Chairman Mao.

It's like a homing beacon that activates within them in the final days before each election. Like the Manchurian Candidate, or something.
  • Options
    Andrew said:

Anecdata: talked to a lawyer, staunch Tory unionist, lives in a SNP seat w/ close-ish Tory challenger … voting tactically for SNP because of Remain. Surprised me anyway.

It only takes a quick glance at this website to surmise that remainiacs are diagnosably mad
  • Options
    ukelectukelect Posts: 106
    The latest UK-Elect forecast is for a Conservative majority of 48 - Con 348 Lab 217 SNP 44 LD 17

The forecast is here: UK-Elect Forecast December 11th 2019

Details as CSV file are here: UK-Elect Forecast Details December 11th 2019

The inclusion of updated recent Scottish, Welsh, English regional, and local opinion poll data in this forecast results in a small reduction in the size of the forecast Conservative majority.
  • Options
    OK, I'm going to rise to the challenge, and I'm staying on topic as well:

There once was a PM called Boris
    Who found in high office no solace.
    "Crikes! To get Brexit done
    Is really no fun,
    I think I'll go back to my Horace".
  • Options
    eggegg Posts: 1,749

It wouldn’t be a shock. These brexit years have been so cruel on voters.
    Cummings is smart. And there have been solid reasons to believe HY all through these months.
    But they both missed the deciding factor.
    Lunacy.
    https://darkstarastrology.com/full-moon-december-2019/
  • Options
    RobD said:

What's going on?
    There's an election tomorrow.

I'll get my coat....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W5aKwrsYIM&feature=emb_title
  • Options

Anyone quoting this guy looks rather desperate...
    I’m only quoting for the Ashcroft poll
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850

42% of Labour Leavers preferring the Conservatives is not good news for Labour.
  • Options
    ukelectukelect Posts: 106
    The latest UK-Elect Forecast (Conservative majority of 48 - Con 348 Lab 217 SNP 44 LD 17) as a map:

Forecast - United Kingdom

More maps here: UK-Elect Forecast Maps December 11th 2019
This discussion has been closed.