Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Mayor of London Siobhan Benita? Don’t rule it out

124»

Comments

• Sandpit said:

A dozen Thomas Cook flights arriving tonight into Gatwick, Birmingham and Manchester have all been allocated to remote stands - looks like the end sadly. Hope no-one on here is affected.

Last month we very nearly booked a trip to Helsinki for October, but we changed our minds and settled for a week in Catalonia, booking direct with another airline and the hotel.
  • CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,074
    Nigelb said:

Nigelb said:

Another interesting scandal:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/sep/20/the-men-who-plundered-europe-city-of-london-practices-on-trial-in-bonn
    in continental Europe what Le Monde has described as the “robbery of the century” has done almost as much to shape the view of Britain as Brexit itself, with Dutch media calling it “organised crime in pinstripe suits” and one of the original German whistleblowers saying he now welcomes Britain’s exit from the EU in the hope it could weaken the influence of London investment banking on European financial institutions.

I haven’t seen a clear explanation of how the fraud is supposed to have worked - and is it true that the German tax authorities were taken for 40 billion ?

@rcs1000 ?

And is this part of what’s behind the rumoured problems with banking stability in general and Deutsche Bank in particular ?
    The investigations into these trades have been going on for years and a number of people have already been convicted. I was involved in one some years ago. German banks or the German branches of other banks were heavily involved. The idea - propagated by that article - that they were somehow innocents corrupted by the wicked old City of London is nonsense. German and Italian and Danish and Dutch and Irish banks were acting quite as unethically as British and US ones, however much they may now like to pretend otherwise.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,279
    Sandpit said:

A dozen Thomas Cook flights arriving tonight into Gatwick, Birmingham and Manchester have all been allocated to remote stands - looks like the end sadly. Hope no-one on here is affected.

What's the main cause of the collapse, for those of us too lazy to read the articles?
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842
    edited September 2019
    re Climate Change - The UK should probably triple its offshore wind capacity.

The "max day" had about 33% of our power being generated by wind, so beyond tripling it we'll get diminishing returns - though we could sell some back to europe - but it looks a very obvious route to head down particularly given the low strike price for future energy achieved today ?

Recent events in the middle east make this a good move from an energy security viewpoint too
  • But they could block an election and install a centrist as PM.

If Corbyn is opposed I wouldn't have thought they'd have the numbers, unless the Conservative Party loses another chunk as well.
  • surbiton19surbiton19 Posts: 1,469

Rugby in Japan is kind of like rowing in Britain, normal schools don't do it, it's kind of an elite university thing.

Weirdly the really diverse sport in Japan is Sumo.

Genuine question: where do the dark faces come from ? Most Japanese are not dark.
    Pulpstar said:

The "max day" had about 33% of our power being generated by wind, so beyond tripling it we'll get diminishing returns - though we could sell some back to europe - but it looks a very obvious route to head down particularly given the low strike price for future energy achieved today ?

I'm all in favour of building as many wind turbines as possible. I don't understand people who don't like their appearance.
    Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

I'm all in favour of building as many wind turbines as possible. I don't understand people who don't like their appearance.
    It's the same people who want Brexit. They don't like any change and like to moan.
  • But they could block an election and install a centrist as PM.
    The Corbyn faction or those who stay in the official PLP could vote with the Tories to hold a GE. Whether they will muster 433 votes, I am not sure. With the SNP, they probably will. I think the LDs will join in. The Labour Moderates if they really split in the HoC will then be marooned. Too late to start a new Party. Even if they did, it will be 1983 all over again. Johnson wins with barely 30% of the votes.
    What can they do? Defect to the Lib Dems now?
    No, wait until their nomination papers are in and the deadline for them to have been withdrawn has passed. Or just wait until the day after the GE.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,060
    Sandpit said:

A big round of redundancies coming at Easyjet this autumn too, a little bird tells me.
  • ab195ab195 Posts: 477
    I know this has been said too many times, but this really does feel like a realignment. But Christ knows to what.
  • Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

Opinions about their appearance usually correlate with positive or negative opinions about their effectiveness as a means of generating power.

However, objectively, it must be conceded that they're a blot on the landscape, just as electric pylons are. The countryside (and sea I suppose) would look nicer if they were absent.
  • Rugby in Japan is kind of like rowing in Britain, normal schools don't do it, it's kind of an elite university thing.

Genuine question: where do the dark faces come from ? Most Japanese are not dark.
    I didn't watch the game but the team seems to have people born all over the place.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_national_rugby_union_team

For example this guy was born in Tonga and naturalized:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asaeli_Ai_Valu

• Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

It's the same people who want Brexit. They don't like any change and like to moan.
    I want Brexit and I like wind turbines.
    The fact is , in most CLPs, the "trigger" ballots never happened. Momentum got nervous about what happens when Corbyn resigns.
  • Rugby in Japan is kind of like rowing in Britain, normal schools don't do it, it's kind of an elite university thing.

Matushima's father is from Zimbabwe:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kotaro_Matsushima

Some of the Japanese squad are of Polynesian background (and others of New Zealand, Australian or South Africa background) who have qualified on residency grounds.
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614
    edited September 2019
    Andy_JS said:

Sandpit said:

What's the main cause of the collapse, for those of us too lazy to read the articles?
    They’ve run out of money, have been trying to restructure debt for a few months but can’t get the shareholders and bondholders to agree. After the summer peak they just don’t have the cash in the bank to meet commitments over the winter, at the end of this month they needed to post a £100m ATOL bond and they don’t have it.

The longer term issue is that people just aren’t booking ‘package’ holidays any more, they prefer to book flights and hotels on their own. Another business eaten by the Internet.
    Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

I agree. We really must stop destroying the planet for our children.

• kle4kle4 Posts: 91,392
    Andy_JS said:
    You tell 'em, Ed. Then tell them how much you still back Jeremy Corbyn for PM.
  • Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

A big round of redundancies coming at Easyjet this autumn too, a little bird tells me.
    Shouldn't we be cheering if climate change is the big concern ?

Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

Opinions about their appearance usually correlate with positive or negative opinions about their effectiveness as a means of generating power.

However, objectively, it must be conceded that they're a blot on the landscape, just as electric pylons are. The countryside (and sea I suppose) would look nicer if they were absent.
    I think your opinion very much depends on whether you have coal/gas power plants equally ruining the view near you.

There is a rational argument that we can’t rely too much on wind until batteries develop, because on some days it’s still. But that’s a different discussion and leads in to why we need to have nuclear.
    Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

I get why people would not, but most powerlines are not attractive either and they are all over the landscape. Yes I know they are not as large, but unless you are after a completely unspoiled landscape there's always something unnatural, and wind turbines are sleek.

Rugby in Japan is kind of like rowing in Britain, normal schools don't do it, it's kind of an elite university thing.

I didn't watch the game but the team seems to have people born all over the place.

Plenty of naturalised pacific islanders in the top teams over the years of course.
    edited September 2019
    BBC News: "150,000 UK holidaymakers would need to be repatriated if Thomas Cook goes bust".

That must be a pretty high percentage of the total number of British people currently on holiday. I don't know what the figure is.
  • ab195 said:

Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

I think your opinion very much depends on whether you have coal/gas power plants equally ruining the view near you.

There is a rational argument that we can’t rely too much on wind until batteries develop, because on some days it’s still. But that’s a different discussion and leads in to why we need to have nuclear.
    Gas power plants are unimpressive but the big coalies were the cathedrals of their age.
    Sandpit said:

Andy_JS said:

Sandpit said:

They’ve run out of money, have been trying to restructure debt for a few months but can’t get the shareholders and bondholders to agree. After the summer peak they just don’t have the cash in the bank to meet commitments over the winter, at the end of this month they needed to post a £100m ATOL bond and they don’t have it.

The longer term issue is that people just aren’t booking ‘package’ holidays any more, they prefer to book flights and hotels on their own. Another business eaten by the Internet.
    And all those high street offices paying guzzling rents don't help either.

Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

I think the problem is particularly with short haul operators based in Britain.

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

Staycation ? Let's blame Brexit.
    Andy_JS said:

BBC News: "150,000 UK holidaymakers would need to be repatriated if Thomas Cook goes bust".

That must be a pretty high percentage of the total number of British people currently on holiday. I don't know what the figure is.

Given where we are in the political cycle Boris must be right on top of this. He must surely want to play the hero? If they are lucky, these folk win by being political pawns.
  • Foxy said:

Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

We could try living within our means instead of continually over consuming.

In particular we could increase taxes on foreign travel until we stop running a tourism deficit.

What do you reckon the response of voters would be ?
  • Foxy said:

I like the whole "climate crisis" framing but I do think if it's really a crisis then my green friends need to make some compromises as well.

If there's a working nuclear plant and you'd like it shut down, OK it might blow up and you might get cesium in your tea and end up with a bunch of RADIOACTIVE WILD BOAR running amok behind your house. I know I did. But suck it up and roll the dice, it's a crisis.

If there's an estuary that's promising for tidal power, you may feel concerned about wildlife and the marine ecosystem. But fuck the wading waterfowl, it's a crisis.
    edited September 2019
    Sandpit said:

Andy_JS said:

Sandpit said:

The last time I used a high street travel agent to book a holiday they arranged a 45 minute transfer at Amsterdam airport. I said to them I don't think that's enough time for the change, but they assured me it was. In the event, I missed the plane because of administrative problems at the airport. That was in about 2010 IIRC.
    kle4 said:

Plenty of naturalised pacific islanders in the top teams over the years of course.
    Though I cannot help notice that the supporters at the Leicester Tigers are far less diverse than at the footy round the corner.
  • Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

Staycation ? Let's blame Brexit.
    Except that spending on overseas travel is at record levels@

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/leisureandtourism/timeseries/gmbb/ott

Foxy said:

Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

We could try living within our means instead of continually over consuming.

In particular we could increase taxes on foreign travel until we stop running a tourism deficit.

What do you reckon the response of voters would be ?
    Sure, most voters are in the stage of climate concern, but not yet comfortable with how our lifestyles are going to have to change.

It would be cruel to deny my Filipino and Keralan team of nurses their annual flight home.

There are some low hanging fruit to improve our carbon balance though.
  • NooNoo Posts: 2,380

Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

Subjectively. Because I completely disagree. To me they are not a blot, but an icon of progress. Some people like looking at the sweeping inverted catenaries of Victorian London train stations. Some like the orderly red-brick mills of the industrial north. Some like the bezier cables of estuary-spanning bridges. Some prefer the rolling sheep-mown hills.
    Me, I like great crowds of turbines sweeping the fresh hill air. They're magnificent.

Sandpit said:

Andy_JS said:

Sandpit said:

Yes, part of the restructuring idea they had was to spin off the (loss-making) High St operations (probably for £1) to keep the airline afloat. They also tried to get rid of a profitable operation they have in Scandinavia to generate cash for the short term.
  • kle4 said:

Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

I get why people would not, but most powerlines are not attractive either and they are all over the landscape. Yes I know they are not as large, but unless you are after a completely unspoiled landscape there's always something unnatural, and wind turbines are sleek.
    Two natural resources we don't lack on and around our island are wind and water.

We should be able to produce our entire electrical demand from offshore wind and tidal. Wind can't be relied upon if its too windy or not windy enough, but that should average out across the country and for peak demand or trough supply if there's issues we ought to be able to use tidal lagoons to balance the difference on demand.
    The mother of all dead cats after he was caught out treasoning.
    It'll be an all-out war to save his skin, you watch.
    edited September 2019
    Japan is one of the most ethnically homogenous nations in the world.

Fun fact - South African born Labuschagne is actually half Japanese. Wonder if Marcus is his cousin or some such though !
    Unlike WW2, Japan is probably rather safer than the UK if WW3 kicks off.
  • OK, so the Tom Watson thing is planning for the expected electoral defeat?

https://twitter.com/philipjcowley/status/1175186852581502976

This really makes @SouthamObserver 's point because the other option Labour could be pursuing would be to change the leader and try to avoid the defeat...
  • Foxy said:

Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

Who should we destroy the planet for then?
  • Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Though I cannot help notice that the supporters at the Leicester Tigers are far less diverse than at the footy round the corner.
    Perhaps those 'missing' supporters need to stop having such narrow sporting interests and be more open minded in their viewing.
    Between the murmurs in the financial markets and the imminent Gulf War it is going to be an interesting autumn in the markets.
    Tripling our wind capacity works well because that takes a maximal day to ~ 100% wind power, and we simply keep CCGT which can provide "burst" energy for the high pressure days.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709
    Pulpstar said:

Fun fact - South African born Labuschagne is actually half Japanese. Wonder if Marcus is his cousin or some such though !
    Provided China does not get involved
    edited September 2019
    HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

Provided China does not get involved
    China will go after China first, hinterlands always first up.
  • Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Andy_JS said:

Sandpit said:

Yes, part of the restructuring idea they had was to spin off the (loss-making) High St operations (probably for £1) to keep the airline afloat. They also tried to get rid of a profitable operation they have in Scandinavia to generate cash for the short term.
    How did they get £1.7bn in debt to begin with ?
    HYUFD said:
    For one, this plan of making a pitch in case they lose the election is very 2017, and for two, yeah, of course they'll say it anyway, plenty did in the Euros too. They're banking on enough remainers accepting the official position being not quite what theyd like but not bad enough to drive those voters away. It might still work - keep an eye on the ld score.
  • Can you imagine how disappointed John Bolton must be to be missing this?
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Noo said:

Actually - and I struggle to defend him, but he has been pretty reserved about the Iranian provocations.

If it does come to war you might want to look at their actions.
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Foxy said:

Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

You going to give up flying then?

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:
    For one, this plan of making a pitch in case they lose the election is very 2017, and for two, yeah, of course they'll say it anyway, plenty did in the Euros too. They're banking on enough remainers accepting the official position being not quite what theyd like but not bad enough to drive those voters away. It might still work - keep an eye on the ld score.
    LDs overtaken Labour in at least one poll now precisely because diehard Remainers now see revoke as preferable to EUref2
    Floater said:

Noo said:

Actually - and I struggle to defend him, but he has been pretty reserved about the Iranian provocations.

If it does come to war you might want to look at their actions.
    I'm saying nothing about what Iran deserves, merely about the motivation for acting at this precise moment. It HAS been known in the past for countries to wage external wars for domestic reasons. I hope I'm wrong.
    Floater said:

Foxy said:

Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

You going to give up flying then?

I pretty much have already. My most recent flight was one short haul flight in Feb 2018. I holiday on the Isle of Wight mostly. I may have a winter break this year though.
    edited September 2019

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Andy_JS said:

Sandpit said:

How did they get £1.7bn in debt to begin with ?
    Presumably most of it is aircraft leases. £1.7bn is only 30ish A321s. They’ve also been carrying a load of corporate debt for many years.

Foxy said:

Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

Who should we destroy the planet for then?
    Any planet that has Nigel Farage walking around is kinda asking for it.
  • I'm sad to say that I can't vote Labour as things stand...I have done for many elections, but next time I'm voting Lib Dem (its all irrelevant as my MP is the wonderful Stella Creasy). Lib Dem vote in London will be absolutely massive imho
  • It would be truly amusing if having seen the Lib Dems dead and buried in 2015, the party were to become the official opposition at the next election.

Unlikely, but possible. At this point I'd say more likely than Liverpool winning the Champions League after losing 3-0 to Barcelona was.

I'm sad to say that I can't vote Labour as things stand...I have done for many elections, but next time I'm voting Lib Dem (its all irrelevant as my MP is the wonderful Stella Creasy). Lib Dem vote in London will be absolutely massive imho

Sensible choice for the next election.
  • eggegg Posts: 1,749

As Rugby keeps evolving, it will eventually end up as Sumo.
    Just thinking timings. This will dominate any Labour coverage this weekend. Then, given the Supreme Court and Boris at the UN with the EU, next week is all Brexit. The best Corbyn can cope for is a Supreme Court decision that allows him to kick Boris. But even that won’t quit work if his MPs are howling at him.

Corbyn has lost his mind.
    The Black and White Liberal Show.

Trudeau certain to lose now. Good, I can’t stand the guy.

I understand the polls had been moving in his favour that suggests it wasn’t really time for him to lose, its turnover ball resulting match winning try for the opposition.
    edited September 2019
    egg said:

The Black and White Liberal Show.

Trudeau certain to lose now. Good, I can’t stand the guy.

I understand the polls had been moving in his favour that suggests it wasn’t really time for him to lose, its turnover ball resulting match winning try for the opposition.

It was neck-and-neck before, which meant he was probably going to lose his majority but still had a good chance of forming a coalition or minority government.

Latest polling averages.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/poll-tracker/canada/

I'm sad to say that I can't vote Labour as things stand...I have done for many elections, but next time I'm voting Lib Dem (its all irrelevant as my MP is the wonderful Stella Creasy). Lib Dem vote in London will be absolutely massive imho

Difficult to believe Walthamstow had a Tory MP between 1987 and 1992.
  • RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    Who'd have guessed the worst and most self regarding broadcaster the BBC has ever employed having pocketed millions of pounds of the corporation's money would wait just two days before selling his story to the Mail saying how crap they are?,
  • ab195 said:

Just thinking timings. This will dominate any Labour coverage this weekend. Then, given the Supreme Court and Boris at the UN with the EU, next week is all Brexit. The best Corbyn can cope for is a Supreme Court decision that allows him to kick Boris. But even that won’t quit work if his MPs are howling at him.

Corbyn has lost his mind.

It's lead story on the BBC website now and when it happens will also be lead story on Sunday. It will stay as lead until the sc decision is known.
    The EU say the UKs draft proposals are daft proposals and the telegraph blames the EU. Only this time blaming EU isn’t going to work because even every leaver in the UK not just every remainer believes UK government clearly time wasting and not providing a proper proposal for discussion.

Unless there’s a leaver on here who thinks they are?
    Andy_JS said:

Well Mansfield had a Labour MP during that time, London is now more Labour and the Midlands more Tory
    HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

Well Mansfield had a Labour MP during that time, London is now more Labour and the Midlands more Tory
    Indeed. Although Mansfield had a Labour MP until about 27 months ago.
    Roger said:

Who'd have guessed the worst and most self regarding broadcaster the BBC has ever employed having pocketed millions of pounds of the corporation's money would wait just two days before selling his story to the Mail saying how crap they are?,

Because he wasn't allowed to speak his mind until he ceased to be employed by them?
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,080

Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

I am surprised how many wind farms there are across the Mid West. Although there is little scenery to spoil., I guess.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,958
    The Labour Party.

For those days when you thought politics couldn't get any more fucked up.
  • FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    The times has an interview with McDonnell in which he rules out taking over and says the next leader should be a woman. FYI.
  • PendduPenddu Posts: 265
    Betting alert..... Typhoon Tapah will hit Japan on Monday morning - could affect RWC. If pool game cancelled it will be recorded as a draw. Wales v Georgia could be hit! Opportunities for some clever bets?
  • Freggles said:

The times has an interview with McDonnell in which he rules out taking over and says the next leader should be a woman. FYI.

Presumably the heir apparent, Rebecca Wrong-Daily.
  • Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

For me, it's nothing to do with appearance - there's a wind farm very near me on an old airfield site, and I'v got zero problem with ti (although it was controversial locally). Ditto the ones on farmland in the Fens, or offshore.

The ones I am against - in general - are the upland ones, in areas of wilderness, especially in Scotland. To make the farms they need to create heavy duty haul roads across the moors (much more significant than Landrover tracks), then power lines to them. The traces of these will not be removed, even if the turbines are.

Worse, we're already seeing that the developments are being used as excuses for further development as well.

There is precious little wilderness left. Let's leave it as wilderness.
  • TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840
    edited September 2019
    Freggles said:

There was a lot of complaining about the fact Corbyn was not a woman, the cynic in me said a lot of it was actually because they wanted someone else in charge. Would be just reward for my cynical nature to be proven right if it wasn't a woman and many of the same people weren't bothered...

Not to continue with the whole cynicism thing...

But on Watson and the shock around the situation.

Watson undermines/fights the party, its members and the leadership. This is cheered on here, which is fair enough. I similarly enjoyed say Anna Soubry's work when she was still a Conservative. What seems a little cynical is the shock and horror that people in the party aren't a fan of this approach.

Personally I've thought for a while we should have another deputy leadership contest, we contested the leaders position which was selected in 2015 again since, why not the deputy leadership which was originally done at the same time?

Haven't found a source to confirm but I've seen a few times a few variations on this quote floating around from Watson deputy leadership campaign "I'll fully support the elected leader if you vote for me as dpt leader." He has pretty much done the opposite.

(got a pic of his leadership booklet https://twitter.com/UKDemockery/status/1175204745692241921 "Whoever the new leader is, I will back them 100%"

To go back to my point about contesting the position again I think Watson has proved it isn't an essential/important position. All it seems to do is give him a bigger platform for attacking the party. In the short term if we have got an election campaign coming up soon (seems very likely) we almost certainly haven't got time for a contest for the position, not if it took as long as last time.

There can be an argument about how much damage Watson could do being left in position versus how much damage removing him would do. No idea if this is accurate (from random tweet, link below) A Momentum source said: "We just can’t afford to go into an election with a deputy leader set on wrecking Labour’s chances."

https://twitter.com/SkyeCitySeries/status/1175147724611686400

There is also the democratic aspect, the deputy leader is chosen by Labour members and Labour members don't want him as deputy leader, should he be forced on them and would people feel the same way if Labour members wanted rid of Corbyn as leader?

The cynic in me says no, not a chance.

• TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840
    Curse of the new thread!
    Freggles said:

There was a lot of complaining about the fact Corbyn was not a woman, the cynic in me said a lot of it was actually because they wanted someone else in charge. Would be just reward for my cynical nature to be proven right if it wasn't a woman and many of the same people weren't bothered...

The rest of this is just on the situation in general and not a reply to @Freggles

Not to continue with the whole cynicism thing...

But on Watson and the shock around the situation.

Watson undermines/fights the party, its members and the leadership. This is cheered on here, which is fair enough. I similarly enjoyed say Anna Soubry's work when she was still a Conservative. What seems a little cynical is the shock and horror that people in the party aren't a fan of this approach.

Personally I've thought for a while we should have another deputy leadership contest, we contested the leaders position which was selected in 2015 again since, why not the deputy leadership which was originally done at the same time?

Haven't found a source to confirm but I've seen a few times a few variations on this quote floating around from Watson deputy leadership campaign "I'll fully support the elected leader if you vote for me as dpt leader." He has pretty much done the opposite.

(got a pic of his leadership booklet https://twitter.com/UKDemockery/status/1175204745692241921 "Whoever the new leader is, I will back them 100%"

To go back to my point about contesting the position again I think Watson has proved it isn't an essential/important position. All it seems to do is give him a bigger platform for attacking the party. In the short term if we have got an election campaign coming up soon (seems very likely) we almost certainly haven't got time for a contest for the position, not if it took as long as last time.

There can be an argument about how much damage Watson could do being left in position versus how much damage removing him would do. No idea if this is accurate (from random tweet, link below) A Momentum source said: "We just can’t afford to go into an election with a deputy leader set on wrecking Labour’s chances."

https://twitter.com/SkyeCitySeries/status/1175147724611686400

There is also the democratic aspect, the deputy leader is chosen by Labour members and Labour members don't want him as deputy leader, should he be forced on them and would people feel the same way if Labour members wanted rid of Corbyn as leader?

The cynic in me says no, not a chance.

• Harris_TweedHarris_Tweed Posts: 1,300
    edited September 2019
    (Deleted. Old thread. Doh)
This discussion has been closed.