Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » A Labour view as the campaign draws to a close

Comments

• Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,920

spire2 said:

What polls are out tonight? I yhink Faisal islam just caled them close polls

Survation phone poll for GMB out at 00.01
    Have we had any hints?
  • Options
    camelcamel Posts: 815

spire2 said:

GMB Survation.

What do the General, Municipal and Boilermakers know about market research?
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    SeanT said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

BigIan said:

kquote>

Karen carpenter has the best voice of all time for me.

It was amazing.

Annie Lennox (when with the Eurythmics) and Stevie Nicks (when in her pomp) are particular favorite female voices I really enjoy listening to.
    All good choices, but - Aretha.
    That is all.

Sandy Denny

+1 for Sandy Denny.

++!

Who Knows Where The Time Goes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xODjbfYw8

Sandy Denny wrote this when she was 19.

Amy Winehouse's 'Back to Black' album is tremendous. 'Love Is A Losing Game' a classic
    Years ago a very good friend of mine who writes gig reviews for the Guardian and Indy said "hey, come and join me, in East London, i've gotta review this young Jewish singer song writer, she's meant to be amazing, like Aretha from Camden"

I was busy drinking (or whatever) and I thought - Jewish Camden Aretha-like singer-songwriter? sounds a bit wanky - and I turned him down. The next day he told me I'd made a grave error, it was one of the best gigs he'd ever seen.

It was Amy Winehouse, of course. I never got to see her live. She was brilliantly talented.
    In 1983 I was a student in London. A flatmate had a mate coming down to see a band and stay with us. I asked what they were like, and didn't think much of watching a bloke in NHS glasses waving around gladioli.

We went to the pub instead and met him afterwards. I missed the Smiths.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,318
    No overall VI from ComRes - seems very odd?
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411

I really do need to delete that thread I wrote tipping Diane Abbott as next Labour leader.

:lol:
  • Options
    RhubarbRhubarb Posts: 359

RobD said:

Prodicus said:

So authorities knew of the terrorists.

Serious questions how someone with extremist views were allowed to conduct these attacks.

Indeed. If only Diane Abbott had been Home Secretary and Mr Corbyn our PM, the attack would not have happened. One would have felt so much safer. Vote Labour.

So 3 terrorism attack is not the Tories fault.

Police cuts and watered down powers for resources is not the Tories fault.

Another individual on here who cares more about their party than their country. Disgusting
    Still banging on about this? Getting much traction?
    Party before country. Party before country. Party before country.
    Labour would do nothing that might risk an important part of it's voter base clearing off to a neo-Respect. No-one else has that noose around their neck.

Party before country.
  • Options
    ab195ab195 Posts: 477

kle4 said:

Yes, probably. Simple, easy to understand and sell to the public as policies go, whether or not they would have helped in these cases or not.
    No good Conservative could support ID cards.

Very simple question, how would have ID cards stopped the events of Saturday night.
    I became a Tory over ID cards ten years ago.

BUT if you do want to require everyone to show ID all of the time, you need to make it available. I don't so I don't, if you see what I mean.
    The technology has overtaken them. Think about the digital ID on gov.uk that everyone praises for making things like tax discs easier to do. Think about how it will link to your personal tax account and even GP appointments and blood test results. We all already have, or are in the process of gaining, "digital ID cards" with more information on than the previous concept could even imagine. All that's missing is the card, but then that lot is linked to your driving license and if you want to vote, you're going to need photo ID soon.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,058

I really do need to delete that thread I wrote tipping Diane Abbott as next Labour leader.

Nah, it holds up.
  • Options
    camel said:

spire2 said:

GMB Survation.

What do the General, Municipal and Boilermakers know about market research?
    Good Morning Britain, surely?
  • Options
    paulyork64paulyork64 Posts: 2,461
    Charles said:

Nigelb said:

HaroldO said:

Awww Peter Sallis. Aside from Wallace he was also good in the original Ice Warriors story in Doctor Who with Patrick Troughton.
    I remember he best in Last of the Summer Wine, the show itself was awful but I used to watch it when I was a lad with my grandparents. Cocoa and Cleggy.

Some here will be pleased to learn he once played Samuel Pepys - though I can think of only one of us who might be old enough to have seen it...
    This morning my daughter saw a picture of James II and asked if it was Samuel Pepys... 5 year olds these days...
    I'm impressed she was even aware of them!
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

isam said:

10 minutes BBC news reveal that they released one of the attackers without charge.

Imagine the Tory nationalists if this was done under labour government.

3 attacks under mays was not enough eyes and ears all to fund tax cuts for the rich

The police killed the three attackers didn't they?
    And it would have been much better if they had been immobilised and arrested. No martyrdom, information gathered, cell rounded up.
    Any evidence for the martyrdom effect?

They were wearing suicide vests. There was no other option than to shoot them.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,920
    MikeL said:

Everyone will be holding back their VI's for Wednesday.
  • Options
    OUTOUT Posts: 569

Time for bed said Zebedee

Boooiiiinnnng. Is Tim Farron Brian?
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,950

It's nonsense like ID Cards which is why Blair is so toxic these days.

Yes, and I hope crap like that doesn't get back on the agenda.
    Our unarmed police, who can't ask to see our papers and can't arbitrarily detain us, are part of what makes us quintessentially British. If we give up these freedoms then the scumbags win.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,022
    kingbongo said:

kingbongo said:

All this talk of Buckley and Powell makes me nostalgic for Brian Walden and Weekend world - we criticise pols for being shadows of former years' but nobody today even the sainted A Neill can do the job that Walden used to - as for politicians Powell and Foot sparring over opinion polls and the EC makes me embarrassed for our current crop

It also had a fine theme tune - Nantucket Sleighride by Mountain. (Although the Nantucket Sleighride itself is rather unsavoury - refers to when you harpooned a whale and your vessel was dragged by it...urgh!)
    The theme tune is what got me hooked on it when I was a kid!

Mountain were another awesome band. Mississippi Queen is just fab.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,554

Its not just politicians.

I remember seeing a film of AJP Taylor doing a TV programme in the 1960s on the origins of the First World War.

The programme was an hour long and he spoke, without notes, from start to finish, for within about 15 seconds of the hour and the way in which he drew himself towards his conclusions you would have thought he had the whole thing timed to the second. Just remarkable.

I've recently been watching Civilisation on the iPlayer, and thinking they really don't make television like this anymore.
  • Options

https://youtu.be/4yzq6kSG4jg

Still refuses to answer the question

Do u travel a lot?
  • Options
    BromptonautBromptonaut Posts: 1,113
    edited June 2017
    Ishmael_Z said:

isam said:

10 minutes BBC news reveal that they released one of the attackers without charge.

3 attacks under mays was not enough eyes and ears all to fund tax cuts for the rich

And it would have been much better if they had been immobilised and arrested. No martyrdom, information gathered, cell rounded up.

Shoot to disable, not to kill.

The existence of the word 'martyrdom' is evidence that martyrdom exists.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Nah, it holds up.
    Nailed on!
  • Options
    TravelJunkieTravelJunkie Posts: 431
    Where are may and corbyn going tomorrow? Wednesday?
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Has anyone bet on Sunderland Central going Tory?
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    kle4 said:

spire2 said:

GMB Survation.

Labour ahead by 1 then.
    Thats all my nerves need.....
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    kle4 said:

spire2 said:

GMB Survation.

Labour ahead by 1 then.
    I predict a double-digit Tory lead. Labour may have finally run out of road!
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,367

That was a GOOD TIP. You mark my words. We do reasonably well. The McDonnell amendment somehow passes conference. Jeremy decides its time to take up that Professorship at Raqqa University. And geed up by the brilliance of the campaign the flock decide on a woman. Thornberry decides its not for her. And forward comes Diane.

Is it stupid? Yes, yes it is. But this is the Labour membership. Stupid is the new Sane.
  • Options
    RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223

Where are may and corbyn going tomorrow? Wednesday?

Surely Seumas has told you already?
  • Options

SeanT said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

BigIan said:

kquote>

It was amazing.

Annie Lennox (when with the Eurythmics) and Stevie Nicks (when in her pomp) are particular favorite female voices I really enjoy listening to.
    That is all.

Sandy Denny

+1 for Sandy Denny.

++!

Amy Winehouse's 'Back to Black' album is tremendous. 'Love Is A Losing Game' a classic
    Years ago a very good friend of mine who writes gig reviews for the Guardian and Indy said "hey, come and join me, in East London, i've gotta review this young Jewish singer song writer, she's meant to be amazing, like Aretha from Camden"

I was busy drinking (or whatever) and I thought - Jewish Camden Aretha-like singer-songwriter? sounds a bit wanky - and I turned him down. The next day he told me I'd made a grave error, it was one of the best gigs he'd ever seen.

It was Amy Winehouse, of course. I never got to see her live. She was brilliantly talented.
    In 1983 I was a student in London. A flatmate had a mate coming down to see a band and stay with us. I asked what they were like, and didn't think much of watching a bloke in NHS glasses waving around gladioli.

I passed on a Kirsty MacColl concert because I was a bit tired and there would be plenty of other opportunities...
  • Options

SeanT said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

BigIan said:

kquote>

It was amazing.

That is all.

Sandy Denny

+1 for Sandy Denny.

++!

Their first appearance on Top of the Pops was on BBC4 a few weeks ago, from 24th November 1983:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08q2wc7
  • Options
    jonny83jonny83 Posts: 1,261
    I'll probably get laughed at for saying this but Madonna's Ray of Light album is still IMO amazing. Vocally at her best from the Evita voice training she did, lyrically brilliant, she was spiritually in a great place and William Orbit produced a great album.
  • Options
    MattyNethMattyNeth Posts: 60
    The last 3 Survation/GMTV phone polls have been:
    12/13 May - Con 48, Lab 30 Lead 18
    19/20 May - Con 43, Lab 34 Lead 9
    26/27 May - Con 43, Lab 37 Lead 6

The surge seems to have stopped, so I would imagine little change from the last poll. If the gap is closer now, I'm revising my bets!
  • Options

Corbyn today visited Durham NW, Middlesbrough South, Blyth Valley and Gateshead.

Given the type of his previous visits, it likely means Durham NW, Blyth Valley and Gateshead are considered safe enough and Middlesbrough South already lost.

On Saturday he went Lincoln, Sherwood and Broxtowe. On Sunday he was supposed to go to Stroud.

He doesn't visit the seats on the real defense list, the 5-15% Labour majorities.

His plan is not to save seats but to increase the Labour share.
  • Options
    CyanCyan Posts: 1,262
    edited June 2017
    Jeremy Corbyn says that as PM he will

• confront Saudi over its funding of terrorist groups

• contact Trump and urge him to retract his remarks about the London mayor

• set a date for a quick budget to implement key policies such as lifting the public sector pay cap

• call Merkel and Macron to start Brexit talks, saying he would have a mandate to negotiate tariff-free trade

That's what a proper PM will look like, not the excuse called Theresa May who stands there like a floppy leaf of lettuce when a foreign despotic regime funds terrorism in Britain and when the psychopathic president of another foreign country spews out tweets to interfere in British affairs. There is a political party that is a disgrace to this country, and it's not the Labour Party, the Liberal Democrats, the SNP, Plaid, the Greens, or UKIP.
    GIN1138 said:

spire2 said:

Survation phone poll for GMB out at 00.01
    Have we had any hints?
    It will probably show a Labour lead. The most recent five polls from Survation have had the Tories at +18%, +12%, +9%, +6%, and +1%.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    AndyJS said:

£2 @ 14/1
  • Options

This one? :D
    http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2017/01/08/why-ive-backed-diane-abbott-to-be-next-labour-leader/
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,522
    MattyNeth said:

The surge seems to have stopped, so I would imagine little change from the last poll. If the gap is closer now, I'm revising my bets!

Wasn't their last poll a 1% lead?
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,074
    Ishmael_Z said:

SeanT said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

BigIan said:

kquote>

It was amazing.

That is all.

Sandy Denny

+1 for Sandy Denny.

++!

I passed on a Kirsty MacColl concert because I was a bit tired and there would be plenty of other opportunities...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5tnQSGRnJc
  • Options
    ProdicusProdicus Posts: 658

Prodicus said:

Serious questions how someone with extremist views were allowed to conduct these attacks.

Indeed. If only Diane Abbott had been Home Secretary and Mr Corbyn our PM, the attack would not have happened. One would have felt so much safer. Vote Labour.

Another individual on here who cares more about their party than their country. Disgusting
    Listen very carefully. I will say this only once.

I am in the fortunate position of believing that the underlying philosophy and practical politics of my party are both coincident with the best interests of my country.

Is this a little difficult to grasp?

• Options

How does that work with a would-be suicide bomber? You can't wing them and hope they don't trigger the bomb. Shooting them in the head is the sensible thing to do.
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,522
    jonny83 said:

I'll probably get laughed at for saying this but Madonna's Ray of Light album is still IMO amazing. Vocally at her best from the Evita voice training she did, lyrically brilliant, she was spiritually in a great place and William Orbit produced a great album.

Agreed. Mores the pity she didn't carry on in that general direction.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,022
    Ishmael_Z said:

SeanT said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

BigIan said:

kquote>

It was amazing.

That is all.

Sandy Denny

+1 for Sandy Denny.

++!

In 1981 I turned down the opportunity to see Queen because a mate of mine told me they didn't play the middle part of Bohemian Rhapsody live so I decided not to bother.

Dumbass.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Got a few quid at 15/1. Not expected, but would be one of my top 3 returns if it occurs.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    LucyJones said:

Talking of singers with good voices, I don't know if anyone has heard of Jewel? Saw her at the Royal Albert Hall (I think) about ten years ago. "Pieces of You" was her first (and best, in my opinion) album.

She was deeply unpleasant to [slightly mad blonde Republican woman who all Democrats loathe] on the Roast for [pretty boy actor who played Sam in West Wing]

I'm not good with names...
  • Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    edited June 2017
    Twigg was in Halifax
    The candidate for Liverpool Walton was in City of Chester
    The MP for Sheffield Heeley was in Barnsley East (they were supposed to have Owen Jones on Sunday and they had Prescott the previous weekend....parachuting Watson's ex girlfriend has not gone down too well with the locals?)
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,609
    Sandpit said:

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2017/01/08/why-ive-backed-diane-abbott-to-be-next-labour-leader/
    Yeah, I'm leaving that thread up, for this gem alone

As an opinion pollster, speaking exclusively in an entirely personal capacity and in no way representative of his employer put it about Corbynites ‘these days anybody who doesn’t get visibly aroused by the sound of an Enver Hoxha speech is a Blairite,’
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

I did put a quid on Con take Bootle.

Only for the laughs if it came off!
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,405

isam said:

Sorry just joining the conversation. Is that a joke?
  • Options
    DanSmithDanSmith Posts: 1,215

MattyNeth said:

Online.
  • Options

Ishmael_Z said:

isam said:

Aim for centre mass - most shots miss, or might not incapacitate, and can we take the risk to purposefully only wing them?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

AndyJS said:

Got a few quid at 15/1. Not expected, but would be one of my top 3 returns if it occurs.
    Interesting. The north-east is being tipped to have one of the biggest swings of any region.
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    Sandpit said:

Our unarmed police, who can't ask to see our papers and can't arbitrarily detain us, are part of what makes us quintessentially British. If we give up these freedoms then the scumbags win.
    Totally agree. May's more statist instincts (Snoopers Charter etc.) make me worry about this....
  • Options
    jonny83 said:

Fantastic album, best thing Madonna ever did.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,467

kle4 said:

Yes, probably. Simple, easy to understand and sell to the public as policies go, whether or not they would have helped in these cases or not.
    No good Conservative could support ID cards.

Very simple question, how would have ID cards stopped the events of Saturday night.
    As a Conservative, could you support IDS cards? :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Ishmael_Z said:

isam said:

You cannot shoot to disable, trust me. In the high pressure of the situation you have to shoot for the centre of mass. If it's a possible suicide bomber, and you are close enough, you might try for the brain stem but basically you're going to unload into the chest.

Shooting to wound is only found in westerns.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Charles said:

LucyJones said:

Talking of singers with good voices, I don't know if anyone has heard of Jewel? Saw her at the Royal Albert Hall (I think) about ten years ago. "Pieces of You" was her first (and best, in my opinion) album.

She was deeply unpleasant to [slightly mad blonde Republican woman who all Democrats loathe] on the Roast for [pretty boy actor who played Sam in West Wing]

Ann Coulter, Rob Lowe.

I think she may have had a big hand with her script from some of the comedians present!
  • Options
    MattyNethMattyNeth Posts: 60

MattyNeth said:

It was, but that was for Mail on Sunday. Not sure if their methodology is different vs their polls for GMTV.
  • Options
    TravelJunkieTravelJunkie Posts: 431
    Prodicus said:

Prodicus said:

I am in the fortunate position of believing that the underlying philosophy and practical politics of my party are both coincident with the best interests of my country.

Theresa may is crap are you struggling to get your head around this.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    I bought tickets for Depeche Mode, months in advance.

Then booked an International flight on the same day. Gave the tickets to my neighbour who said the gig was awesome.
  • Options
    ProdicusProdicus Posts: 658

RobD said:

Prodicus said:

Still banging on about this? Getting much traction?
    Party before country. Party before country. Party before country.
    Oh dear. I don't think our pet bot is feeling well. Nurse?

• Options
    glw said:

How does that work with a would-be suicide bomber? You can't wing them and hope they don't trigger the bomb. Shooting them in the head is the sensible thing to do.
    Hard to trigger a bomb if you have no hands left.
  • Options
    glw said:

It works if you are really, really silly. Abbott silly.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,609
    MattyNeth said:

MattyNeth said:

It was, but that was for Mail on Sunday. Not sure if their methodology is different vs their polls for GMTV.
    The Survation poll for the Mail on Sunday was an online poll. The Survation poll for GMB is a phone poll, and the last poll had a 6% Tory lead
  • Options
    edited June 2017

glw said:

Unless it's a detonator on release, dumbo.

Edit: sorry to be rude but yours was a staggeringly ignorant comment.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @MicahGrimes: BREAKING: US DOJ charges federal contractor with "removing classified material from a government facility and mailing it to a news outlet."
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

kle4 said:

spire2 said:

GMB Survation.

Labour ahead by 1 then.
    I predict a double-digit Tory lead. Labour may have finally run out of road!
    That'd be quite the change in direction. Not sure why running out of road would also lead to them reversing back 200m at pace!
  • Options

glw said:

I think you seriously over estimate the ability of the police to hit a target.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

Yeah, I'm leaving that thread up, for this gem alone

As an opinion pollster, speaking exclusively in an entirely personal capacity and in no way representative of his employer put it about Corbynites ‘these days anybody who doesn’t get visibly aroused by the sound of an Enver Hoxha speech is a Blairite,’
    You have to experience the Black Sleep of the Corbyn fever to understand why this is real and not funny. They think Red Ed Milliband the son of arch Marxist Ralph Milliband is a Red Tory.

If we do better than 200 seats - and we will comfortably - then we have beaten the system and taken a Great Victory. And Lady Diane of Ackney has played an instrumental part (and no, I'm not talking about her playing Corbyn's pink oboe)
  • Options

glw said:

Masterful trolling, I salute you. But voice activation? "Siri, pull the pin!"
  • Options

Charles said:

Nigelb said:

HaroldO said:

Awww Peter Sallis. Aside from Wallace he was also good in the original Ice Warriors story in Doctor Who with Patrick Troughton.
    I remember he best in Last of the Summer Wine, the show itself was awful but I used to watch it when I was a lad with my grandparents. Cocoa and Cleggy.

Some here will be pleased to learn he once played Samuel Pepys - though I can think of only one of us who might be old enough to have seen it...
    This morning my daughter saw a picture of James II and asked if it was Samuel Pepys... 5 year olds these days...
    Her favourite bedtime story is the Fire of London catalogue from the Museum of London...
  • Options

glw said:

Granted I am no police marksmen, but I feel fairly confident that real life is not like a movie, and it would be really bloody difficult to pull off a shot like that in a high pressure situation, and far too much of a risk.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

glw said:

These guys were wielding knives, dumbo.
  • Options
    steve_garnersteve_garner Posts: 1,019
    Sky saying new Survation poll has 1% Tory lead if I heard it correctly.
  • Options

glw said:

Why stop there, you'll hurt them? Shoot the trigger from their hands or engage them in a sing song to persuade them of the true value of life.
  • Options
    glw said:

jonny83 said:

Better than Like A Prayer?
  • Options

Prodicus said:

Prodicus said:

Theresa may is crap are you struggling to get your head around this.
    She is, but how does that contradict the point they made, that they believe 'that the underlying philosophy and practical politics of my party are both coincident with the best interests of my country'?
  • Options
    So, the thread has been up for what, 5 hours, and no-one has noticed that our "eyewitness" doesn't even know the name of the policeman who died whilst protecting parliament.

RIP PC Keith Palmer
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

glw said:

jonny83 said:

Better than Like A Prayer?
    Yes.
  • Options
    nunu said:

Corbyn today visited Durham NW, Middlesbrough South, Blyth Valley and Gateshead.

Given the type of his previous visits, it likely means Durham NW, Blyth Valley and Gateshead are considered safe enough and Middlesbrough South already lost.

On Saturday he went Lincoln, Sherwood and Broxtowe. On Sunday he was supposed to go to Stroud.

He doesn't visit the seats on the real defense list, the 5-15% Labour majorities.

His plan is not to save seats but to increase the Labour share.
    His rally in Gateshead drew a crowd of phenomenal size in the rain.

They may mostly be in safe seats, they may not be registered, but Jezza has the Zeitgeist and is peaking at the right time. Thousands will be spreading the word, and not so locally.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Charles said:

Nigelb said:

HaroldO said:

Her favourite bedtime story is the Fire of London catalogue from the Museum of London...
    I'm more of a room on the broom man myself.
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 926

41.5to 40.4 but Kevin McQuire said he didnt feel it was that close on doorstep
  • Options

TOPPING said:

glw said:

And what if the canisters were bombs, triggered by a release switch?

Why am I even responding to you on this? On other matters you are reasonably sensible.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

Totally agree. May's more statist instincts (Snoopers Charter etc.) make me worry about this....
    Conservatives voted against compulsory ID cards and 90-day internment when Labour proposed them a decade ago - that was the right decision then and is still the right decision now.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

kle4 said:

AndyJS said:

Interesting. The north-east is being tipped to have one of the biggest swings of any region.
    Maybe so, but there's some good sized majorities to overcome.
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362

glw said:

lol,so naive.

What if the terrorist murdering scum started running at the police,shoot his hands of lads was the cry.
  • Options
    steve_garnersteve_garner Posts: 1,019

Kevin Maguire says does not feel that close talking to Labour candidates.

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,994
    marke09 said:

41.5to 40.4 but Kevin McQuire said he didnt feel it was that close on doorstep
    Roll up, roll up! Get your seats for the polling inquiry.
  • Options
    ab195 said:

glw said:

Why stop there, you'll hurt them? Shoot the trigger from their hands or engage them in a sing song to persuade them of the true value of life.
    Police Federation spokesman on news just now calling for more tasers. Guess he knows less about disabling terrorists than PB Tories.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    edited June 2017
    Reminder that Survation got GE2015 spot on in their final poll last time (albeit they didn't have the cojones to make it public at the time because they assumed it was a rogue poll)

http://uk.businessinsider.com/survation-unpublished-poll-general-election-result-2015-5?r=UK&IR=T
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Conservatives voted against compulsory ID cards and 90-day internment when Labour proposed them a decade ago - that was the right decision then and is still the right decision now.
    But how could you support the party but not say their changing stance is better? TravelJunkie tells us you only put party before country.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Charles said:

LucyJones said:

Ann Coulter, Rob Lowe.

I think she may have had a big hand with her script from some of the comedians present!
    Right on both counts.

• Options
    Wulfrun_PhilWulfrun_Phil Posts: 4,624
    Sandpit said:

Yes indeed, but the fact that there are fewer armed police now than there once were at a time when people weren't running amok on the streets doesn't mean that the scumbags are losing.
  • Options
    alex.alex. Posts: 4,658
    edited June 2017
    Cyan said:

Jeremy Corbyn says that as PM he will

• confront Saudi over its funding of terrorist groups

• contact Trump and urge him to retract his remarks about the London mayor

• set a date for a quick budget to implement key policies such as lifting the public sector pay cap

• call Merkel and Macron to start Brexit talks, saying he would have a mandate to negotiate tariff-free trade

That's what a proper PM will look like, not the excuse called Theresa May who stands there like a floppy leaf of lettuce when a foreign despotic regime funds terrorism in Britain and when the psychopathic president of another foreign country spews out tweets to interfere in British affairs. There is a political party that is a disgrace to this country, and it's not the Labour Party, the Liberal Democrats, the SNP, Plaid, the Greens, or UKIP.

Hasn't anyone told him that Merkel and Macron are not leading the EU negotiations?

I'm sure May is anxious to negotiate tariff-free trade as well.
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

In your opinion .I think I'd cards , control orders and ,,90 day detention are required.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,956

TOPPING said:

glw said:

The world must be such an easy place to live in when you have a folding bike - omniscience comes as standard does it?
  • Options

TOPPING said:

glw said:

I know a couple if ex armed response coppers. No police force trains their operators to disable. That only happens in action movies. Aim for the centre mass, put 'em down.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    GIN1138 said:

MikeL said:

Everyone will be holding back their VI's for Wednesday.
    The article said tories have puton 6% since 2015 so that would be a 44% tory share which would be down from 47% last time.
  • Options

ab195 said:

glw said:

Police Federation spokesman on news just now calling for more tasers. Guess he knows less about disabling terrorists than PB Tories.
    If that was what he said relating to this incident then yes.
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

TOPPING said:

glw said:

The world must be such an easy place to live in when you have a folding bike - omniscience comes as standard does it?
    When all else fails go ad hominem.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

AndyJS said:

kle4 said:

AndyJS said:

Maybe so, but there's some good sized majorities to overcome.
    Feels like the Tories can will MSEC. But not the other seats
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    Glad to know what the Survation VI is now, and not have to wait until 00.00.

Some of these pollsters are going to have a really bad June 8/9th
This discussion has been closed.