Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Those who say that the bookies got EURef wrong don’t unders

Comments

• Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869
    Jobabob said:

Wanderer said:

Wanderer said:

rpjs said:

SeanT said:

chopped

It seems to me that the saddest part of this entire fiasco is not that the UK will or may or may not leave the EU, or join EFTA or the EEA or a renewed Imperial Preference Sphere, but that we have just thrown away our reputation for stability. There really are very few countries in the world that can point to decades, let alone centuries of stable government. It was always part of Britain's appeal as a place to live and come to do business that we change through evolution, not revolution. Crises come and go, sometimes of our making, sometimes forced upon us, but we could always point out that we don't EVER decide to throw the toys out of the pram and have a political / constitutional meltdown just for shits and giggles.

Until now.

It's a bit like the old saw about how do the Oxbridge colleges have such perfect lawns - they just do the same thing over and over again for hundreds of years. And now we've just poured a tonne (sorry, TON, now that we're free of the EU jackboot!) of paraquat onto our lawn...
    that;s simply not true

1970s economic crisis and IMF
    1980s war and recession
    1990s kicked out of ERM
    2000s banking crisis

weve always had turbulence since capitalism causes crises but in this revolution so far there arent any bodies on the street, no strikers a la France, no meltdown a la Greece. In Europe only Germany runs us close and they have their own sets of problems which will hit them hard in the next decade imo.
    We've never willingly brought a crisis on ourselves though. At least not since 1642. Indeed, it's almost the essence of Toryism not to do such a thing.
    Not true. The ERM crisis was entirely self inflicted.
    Yes, but not intentionally. In this case we have deliberately brought a crisis on ourselves our of a clear sky.
    Last week, we had a happy, liberal, prosperous, open country.

This week, we have an inward looking, scared, bigoted, economically threatened one.

And it's of our own making.
    Not quite, I'm afraid.

Last week, the articulate & comfortable believed we had a happy, liberal, prosperous country.

This week, the articulate & comfortable are taking a look at how the rest of the country feels.
  • Options
    LowlanderLowlander Posts: 941

Lowlander said:

Lowlander said:

Lowlander said:

chestnut said:

Ghana, NZ and EFTA can be added to that grouping, and it's pretty clear that the Irish are going to cite special circumstances in terms of trading with the UK/EU.

But can the UK accept a free trade deal with Ireland while Scotland is about to vote on Independence?
    You clutch that straw.
    It's not a straw. Its basically the fundamental objection to Independence at the moment.

If the UK cuts an open border and free trade deal with Ireland (and it will) then there is literally no way to stop Independence. And if it delays cutting the deal till after Scotland votes and says that it won't, once it does, there will be justification for a third referendum, if the second one says No.
    It sounds obvious, but the only way to avoid Scottish independence is for the Scots not to want independence.

That implies making a success out of post-Brexit Britain.
    Did you read your final sentence before you hit "post"?

There is still time to delete it and replace it with something remotely likely.
    You must try not to believe the squealers of Broadcasting House in such a naive fashion. The fundamentals of Britain's position in the world just got a whole lot better. Whether we make a success of it or not depends on leadership. We're not in a great starting position, but now we're not in the EU we're at least in the race.
    Even accepting your premise - the UK has no leadership, both main parties (and the only parties capable of winning an election) have lame duck leaders, are hopelessly split and are offering absolutely no policies or direction for the country.

If your hopes depend on leadership, your hopes are utterly doomed.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,403
    Just heard Dan the Man repeating the mantra that EU yoke of oppression 300,000 net immigration = bad, UK sovereign answerable to no one 300,000 net immigration = good.

Now of course, he is right. It is up to us whoever we let in. Thing is, they may blather and bluster, but they used Nige to fight their anti-immigration proxy war (and sometimes got involved themselves, witness Turkey).

So although the theory is elegant, will the lumpenproletariat be happy?
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,517
    edited June 2016
    Jobabob said:

Nuts.

Yes, that too, but you will come through this - we're all here for you.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

It's time to put Welsh independence on agenda – Leanne Wood

http://gu.com/p/4mn3n?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

I lol'd when people tipped Leanne Wood to win the debate pre-2015 GE. I lol'd hard.

Just remember this catchy rhyming phrase "Leanne Wood is Not Very Good"
  • Options

That's really funny considering Wales voted pretty heavily for Leave.
    Exactement. Leavers see no ships...
  • Options
    YellowSubmarineYellowSubmarine Posts: 2,740

My guess is Plaid has realised ( years too late ) that UKIP has leapfrogged them in the anger market. Leanne is clever and ( too ) decent. Brexit will only exacerbate what caused people to vote for Brexit in Wales. Once the EU is gone it'll be Westminster's turn. They've been admirably honest Wales is light years away from being financial independent but where has that got them. After watching Leave win she's probably concluded we're in post truth politics and she needs to be less principled.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    JC speaks
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited June 2016
    Corbyn speaking in Westminster.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,130

Ha

"Even though this situation was not of our making"

Erm, how did Wales vote again?
    By situation I think she means the disintegration of the UK.
  • Options
    Lowlander said:

Lowlander said:

Lowlander said:

Lowlander said:

chestnut said:

Ghana, NZ and EFTA can be added to that grouping, and it's pretty clear that the Irish are going to cite special circumstances in terms of trading with the UK/EU.

But can the UK accept a free trade deal with Ireland while Scotland is about to vote on Independence?
    You clutch that straw.
    It's not a straw. Its basically the fundamental objection to Independence at the moment.

If the UK cuts an open border and free trade deal with Ireland (and it will) then there is literally no way to stop Independence. And if it delays cutting the deal till after Scotland votes and says that it won't, once it does, there will be justification for a third referendum, if the second one says No.
    It sounds obvious, but the only way to avoid Scottish independence is for the Scots not to want independence.

That implies making a success out of post-Brexit Britain.
    Did you read your final sentence before you hit "post"?

There is still time to delete it and replace it with something remotely likely.
    You must try not to believe the squealers of Broadcasting House in such a naive fashion. The fundamentals of Britain's position in the world just got a whole lot better. Whether we make a success of it or not depends on leadership. We're not in a great starting position, but now we're not in the EU we're at least in the race.
    Even accepting your premise - the UK has no leadership, both main parties (and the only parties capable of winning an election) have lame duck leaders, are hopelessly split and are offering absolutely no policies or direction for the country.

If your hopes depend on leadership, your hopes are utterly doomed.
    They were doomed before. There's now a chink of light.
  • Options

The economics of that are challenging.
    See above. They've been remarkably honest about that in the past. But now where in post Truth politics.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763
    edited June 2016

<

Where do you live ? I'm in the UK.
    Assuming NI is where you are, would I be right to assume that NI suffered severe contagion from the property bubble and subsequent collapse caused by RoI euro membership and therefore building industry still hasnt recovered?

I live in warwickshire. Brummy metal basher now :-)

But yes NI had a huge property bubble. All the cash in ROI which couldnt find a home flew North. At one stage Newry which is like Skelmersdale without the scenery had the fastest growing house prices in the UK. At that point I knew we were heading for a crash.

My brother who lives in NI saw a house in his street sold for £250k in 2007. This week the house next door hit the market at £135k.
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807

Jobabob said:

Nuts.

You are obsessed with leaving the EU. Nothing else matters to you. Whatever the cost.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    deleted, quoting gone to cock, no idea who said what to whom
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    A rousing introduction from Dennis Skinner.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

<

Where do you live ? I'm in the UK.
    Assuming NI is where you are, would I be right to assume that NI suffered severe contagion from the property bubble and subsequent collapse caused by RoI euro membership and therefore building industry still hasnt recovered?
    Nope @Alanbrooke is a little middle Englander. ( :wink: )

I made the NI mistake when I should have known better.

I'm anything but little :-)
  • Options
    FensterFenster Posts: 2,115
    AnneJGP said:

Jobabob said:

Wanderer said:

Wanderer said:

rpjs said:

SeanT said:

chopped

It seems to me that the saddest part of this entire fiasco is not that the UK will or may or may not leave the EU, or join EFTA or the EEA or a renewed Imperial Preference Sphere, but that we have just thrown away our reputation for stability. There really are very few countries in the world that can point to decades, let alone centuries of stable government. It was always part of Britain's appeal as a place to live and come to do business that we change through evolution, not revolution. Crises come and go, sometimes of our making, sometimes forced upon us, but we could always point out that we don't EVER decide to throw the toys out of the pram and have a political / constitutional meltdown just for shits and giggles.

Until now.

It's a bit like the old saw about how do the Oxbridge colleges have such perfect lawns - they just do the same thing over and over again for hundreds of years. And now we've just poured a tonne (sorry, TON, now that we're free of the EU jackboot!) of paraquat onto our lawn...
    that;s simply not true

1980s war and recession
    1990s kicked out of ERM
    2000s banking crisis

weve always had turbulence since capitalism causes crises but in this revolution so far there arent any bodies on the street, no strikers a la France, no meltdown a la Greece. In Europe only Germany runs us close and they have their own sets of problems which will hit them hard in the next decade imo.
    We've never willingly brought a crisis on ourselves though. At least not since 1642. Indeed, it's almost the essence of Toryism not to do such a thing.
    Yes, but not intentionally. In this case we have deliberately brought a crisis on ourselves our of a clear sky.

This week, we have an inward looking, scared, bigoted, economically threatened one.

Not quite, I'm afraid.

Last week, the articulate & comfortable believed we had a happy, liberal, prosperous country.

This week, the articulate & comfortable are taking a look at how the rest of the country feels.
    100% correct.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,291
    AndyJS said:

Fancying a job in the shadow cabinet?
  • Options
    AnneJGP said:

Jobabob said:

Wanderer said:

Wanderer said:

rpjs said:

SeanT said:

chopped

Until now.

that;s simply not true

1980s war and recession
    1990s kicked out of ERM
    2000s banking crisis

Not quite, I'm afraid.

Yep. And will continue to be articulate & comfortable. Many in the rest of the country, not so much.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352

Ha

If she's arguing that the Leave vote will lead to Scottish independance then clearly Wales, having voted to Leave just as much as England, makes it equally "culpable".
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

I can't believe there are people watching politics when Iceland are about to chalk up an historic win at 9/1
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Just heard Dan the Man repeating the mantra that EU yoke of oppression 300,000 net immigration = bad, UK sovereign answerable to no one 300,000 net immigration = good.

Now of course, he is right. It is up to us whoever we let in. Thing is, they may blather and bluster, but they used Nige to fight their anti-immigration proxy war (and sometimes got involved themselves, witness Turkey).

if only youd listened to our lumpy warnings you wouldn't be in this pickle.
  • Options
    @Alanbrooke

:smile:

no idea who said what in that exchange so god knows what I responded to..
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038
    Fishing said:

If we really are heading for a significant slowdown in growth next year, or a recession, how about we try what we did in the 1930's - building enough houses to meet demand in parts of the country people want to live in?

Harold Macmillan was the most successful Housing Minister of the 20th.C in sheer numbers built http://www.conservativehome.com/thetorydiary/2013/10/how-macmillan-built-300000-houses-a-year.html.

I don't think governments then worried much about borrowing, they worried more about maintaining full employment. There was terror too of a large current account deficit.

We already had planning controls then; they were introduced in 1948.
  • Options

Ha

If she's arguing that the Leave vote will lead to Scottish independance then clearly Wales, having voted to Leave just as much as England, makes it equally "culpable".
    Not the Leave vote per se. If Scotland and NI had voted Leave too, then the UK wouldn't be facing this existential crisis.

She's just posing the question of whether rUK = England and Wales, or just England left all on its own.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

@Alanbrooke

so as a City chappy whats your current take on things ?
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787

I think he lives on Mars.

I'd heard Soames and Pickles prefer Snickers and Bounty bars ?

• Options
    edited June 2016

TOPPING said:

if only youd listened to our lumpy warnings you wouldn't be in this pickle.
    I am in no pickle at all. What were the warnings? Beware Dan? Beware Nige?
  • Options
    Lowlander said:

AndyJS said:

I can't believe there are people watching politics when Iceland are about to chalk up an historic win at 9/1
    Don't worry, I switched over in time for the start of the match.
  • Options
    JackW said:

whereas you prefer Knickers and Bounty bras.
  • Options
    I am optimistic on England in Euro 2016. It will be the hope that kills me!
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Jobabob said:

Nuts.

You are obsessed with leaving the EU. Nothing else matters to you. Whatever the cost.
    On the contrary, you and my facebook feed are obsessed with leaving the EU. I'm just pleased about it.
  • Options
    Corbyn attacking Reagan and Thatcher...
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Quality not quantity is the issue here
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,993

My guess is Plaid has realised ( years too late ) that UKIP has leapfrogged them in the anger market. Leanne is clever and ( too ) decent. Brexit will only exacerbate what caused people to vote for Brexit in Wales. Once the EU is gone it'll be Westminster's turn. They've been admirably honest Wales is light years away from being financial independent but where has that got them. After watching Leave win she's probably concluded we're in post truth politics and she needs to be less principled.
    LOL. Yes you go on believing that. We only lost because they lied!! Mean beasties.

Newsflash. All politicians lie through their teeth all the time. Anyone who trusts any politician at all is a fool. We are not in a post truth era because there was never a truth era.

Its about time you grew up and took responsibility for yourself.
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

Everything is always thatchers fault....
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Really? You seem to believe blood > 'quality'.
  • Options
    Hacks on Twitter have got a 'Jez voted Leave' story ready to run tomorrow. I usually enjoy stuff like this, but the complete and utter decimation of the economy is really taking the shine off Labour falling apart.
  • Options
    Penalty.....
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    edited June 2016
    Lowlander said:

People in Wales seem quite happy being a little part of England.
    Good evening all. Wales independent? Oh my giddy aunt no. I've been lamenting the calibre of English politicians, but the Welsh lot are not even pygmies. What's below pygmy? Muppet?
  • Options
    edited June 2016

TOPPING said:

@Alanbrooke

I am worried about investment, both inward and by UK companies. If you were about to sign off a project to do something or other significant, and previously there was a healthy positive IRR, now you would not be too sure. There are too many unknowns in the future environment that the UK will be conducting business in.

EEA, WTO, Albania - all will be workable, thing is, all result in a different NPV of that project and many will result in no go decisions.

Oh and apart from the billions of pounds knocked off our pensions, the fall in equity of bank shares, and the likely subsequent increasing disinclination to lend, of course.
  • Options
    Great start for England.
  • Options

Hacks on Twitter have got a 'Jez voted Leave' story ready to run tomorrow. I usually enjoy stuff like this, but the complete and utter decimation of the economy is really taking the shine off Labour falling apart.

I presume MI5 got hold of his voting slip ;-)
  • Options

1-0 England 4 mins. 50 years of pain....
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,205
    1-1.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,290
    Island.
  • Options
    1-1
  • Options
    OUTOUT Posts: 569

Or not.
  • Options

50+.

Its 1-1.
  • Options
    wtf our suspect defence concedes... 1-1
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352

You were saying?
  • Options
    bunncobunnco Posts: 169
    Iceland: 5 mins
    Cod Wars again.
    What goes around, comes around
  • Options
    It's England vs tranmere of the early 2000's
  • Options
    bunnco said:

Iceland: 5 mins
    Cod Wars again.
    What goes around, comes around

England has no Atlantic waters to contest.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,981
    England = execrable
  • Options
    We are never beating one of the big teams with our defence.
  • Options
    Crabb-Javid team first out of the traps...
  • Options

RodCrosby said:

Everything is always thatchers fault....
    In fairness it isn't only the wacky left who obsess over Thatcher, see the wacky RIght - but it is tiresome no matter who does it.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787

JackW said:

whereas you prefer Knickers and Bounty bras.
    What can I say. :smiley:
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789

TOPPING said:

Can we get rid of Britions we don't like, in exchange? If so, the non working WWC is in for a shock.
  • Options
    Iceland are wearing the same colours that Wimbledon used to in their glory days - just saying....
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

Interesting.....
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

Designed to finish off the Conservative party. Wet Crabb and Dithering Javid.
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Wanderer said:

Wanderer said:

rpjs said:

SeanT said:

I think it's time some of the wobblier and more gelatinous of pb-ers got a bloody grip, the flailing and mewling on here has been pathetic. This is a great and ancient nation, we will prosper in time, as we have prospered before. The shackles of the EU have been struck from our limbs and now we can walk tall and free.

So stop this pitiful bedwettting and get on with it. You know who I mean.

*stops staring at mirror*

*climbs up Primrose Hill*

Until now.

that;s simply not true

1980s war and recession
    1990s kicked out of ERM
    2000s banking crisis

No, it was always with us and is one, but not all, of the reasons, we have representative not direct democracy.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Turn football on 9 mins late and... 1 all!!!!!! WTF
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

kle4 said:

Jobabob said:

Just seen the S&P story. At what stage do the more sensible Leavers throw in their cards? What's the threshold?

More time to see if a rocky start can be overcome.
    How much time?
    I'm not certain. More than less than a week, certainly.
  • Options

Iceland are wearing the same colours that Wimbledon used to in their glory days - just saying....

Who's Vinnie and Who's Gazza?
  • Options
    Iceland are packed with whippet fast players of reasonable skill with the ball. They can have the ball in your box before you realise your not attacking their goal.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

@Alanbrooke

I am worried about investment, both inward and by UK companies. If you were about to sign off a project to do something or other significant, and previously there was a healthy positive IRR, now you would not be too sure. There are too many unknowns in the future environment that the UK will be conducting business in.

EEA, WTO, Albania - all will be workable, thing is, all result in a different NPV of that project and many will result in no go decisions.

Oh and apart from the billions of pounds knocked off our pensions, the fall in equity of bank shares, and the likely subsequent increasing disinclination to lend, of course.
    Well sensibly HMG needs to boost the economy.

While we can still borrow cheaply we should be boosting infrastructure to tick things over. Once that gets going the rest of the economy will follow.

As for IRRs Ive seen enough of them to know its only to keep the accountants happy. There's no such thing as a guaranteed project.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Jobabob said:

kle4 said:

Jobabob said:

Just seen the S&P story. At what stage do the more sensible Leavers throw in their cards? What's the threshold?

More time to see if a rocky start can be overcome.
    How much time?
    I'm not certain. More than less than a week, certainly.
    50 years was how long we gave 'in'.
  • Options
    Floater said:

Turn football on 9 mins late and... 1 all!!!!!! WTF

You shouldn't be one of the prawn sandwich brigade & get to the match on time.
  • Options

RodCrosby said:

Interesting.....
    Yes. That's about the best that can be said.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:
    And even the politically obsessed are starting to say who to these names.
  • Options
    matt said:

TOPPING said:

Can we get rid of Britions we don't like, in exchange? If so, the non working WWC is in for a shock.
    only if we can do a free lawyer with every chav deal.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Really? You seem to believe blood > 'quality'.
    No, intelligence, skills and qualifications are quality.

In particular where we actually need people with those skills and qualifications.

Not where they come over and live 12 to a flat doing semi skilled or unskilled jobs which they obtain by undercutting those already here driving down your wages
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:
    So while England are playing at Euro 2016, one part of Labour is doing a rally and another part of Labour is trying to publicise their plot?

They are so in touch with their voters.
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

*thumbs down*
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,956
    RodCrosby said:

Eh? Who is top of that ticket?

Not enough charisma between them IMO.
  • Options

LOL. Yes you go on believing that. We only lost because they lied!! Mean beasties.

Newsflash. All politicians lie through their teeth all the time. Anyone who trusts any politician at all is a fool. We are not in a post truth era because there was never a truth era.

Its about time you grew up and took responsibility for yourself.
    The only people responsible for Indivdual voters choices are voters themselves. They can exercise that choice on any basis they wish. I'm not arguing the vote is invalid because Leave lied. It's not. The success of Leave's systematic lying is in some ways more an incitement of the Remain campaign than them.

However in my opinion, nothing more, it was unlike any other political campaign I've witnessed in the UK in my life time. The quality and quantity of lies that individually would have destroyed a party in a GE campaign was stunning. Clearly many folk cared so little about EU membership that they neither knew nor cared in a way they would in a GE. That is of course largely the EU's and europhiles like myselfs fault.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,047

Fishing said:

If we really are heading for a significant slowdown in growth next year, or a recession, how about we try what we did in the 1930's - building enough houses to meet demand in parts of the country people want to live in?

Harold Macmillan was the most successful Housing Minister of the 20th.C in sheer numbers built http://www.conservativehome.com/thetorydiary/2013/10/how-macmillan-built-300000-houses-a-year.html.

I don't think governments then worried much about borrowing, they worried more about maintaining full employment. There was terror too of a large current account deficit.

We already had planning controls then; they were introduced in 1948.
    People tend to deal with the problems with which they’ve grown up. People like Macmillan had clrear memories of the thirties, so to them a avoiding the horrors of that sort of unemployment was a key feature, and the costs of doing so of less importance. Every so often on here someone raises the spectres of the Winter of Discontent and rampant inflation; those, in particular the latter, are what the present generation has as their bogeymen.
    What will be the “race memory” for the generation of political leaders who were young around the Millenium I wonder.
  • Options

I presume MI5 got hold of his voting slip ;-)
    If only he had used a pen...schoolboy error.
  • Options
    Andrew Mitchell reckons 9 candidates will come forward...
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

dr_spyn said:

Indeed. They could make up names now and we wouldn't know any better...

Mick Mouse has quit has Shadow Arts Minister.

• Options
    CornishBlueCornishBlue Posts: 840
    Lowlander said:

dr_spyn said:
    So while England are playing at Euro 2016, one part of Labour is doing a rally and another part of Labour is trying to publicise their plot?

They are so in touch with their voters.
    The Momentum lot think half the population are like them, whilst the Parliamentary party expect the working class to shuffle into the voting booths and dutifully put the cross by the Labour candidate.
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,505

RodCrosby said:

Agreed.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

dr_spyn said:

Indeed. They could make up names now and we wouldn't know any better...

Mick Mouse has quit has Shadow Arts Minister.

I'm just stunned at how bloated the ministerial ranks have become. Is there anyone in the Labour party who isn't a shadow minister? The buggers are coming in and out faster than I can learn their names.
  • Options
    Crickey have we been doping our players in the week off...not seem them this pumped for years.
  • Options
    ffs
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,205
    Oh dear.
  • Options
    It is the hope that is killing me.
    1-2 to Iceland.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,986
    I see Osborne has sent in his reserves.
  • Options
    Joe Hart crap.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,290
    Goodness, Island ahead again.
  • Options
    I was tempted to top up when Iceland went to 25/1.

Really wish I'd been faster.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,986
    Sterling lowering in value.
  • Options

RodCrosby said:

Agreed.
    I wonder if Crabb and Javid are Osborne's stop Boris team?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,137
    Neutrals must be LOVING this.

And everyone in Brussels.
  • Options

RodCrosby said:

Agreed.

RodCrosby said:

Agreed.
    An alternative view might be that they are best placed to capture the middle ground where elections can be won.
This discussion has been closed.