Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

18 year old Raducnu now 90% favourite to win the SPOTY election – politicalbetting.com

12346»

Comments

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited September 2021

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

I just hope that Emma Raducanu has stayed off Twitter. This argument about whether or not she's secretly Romanian is both patronising and racist. Why is it impossible to celebrate her victory and potentially amazing career she's got ahead of her without bringing race into it?

Judging by her social media, she very rarely used Twitter, and all she does there is make anodyne and pleasant statements about her friends, her country, the royals, English football, F1, and her A Levels. Immensely sensible

Her bigger presence is on Insta where she suddenly has 1.4m followers and is one of the biggest tennis stars on the planet already. If the Chinese really take to this Mandarin speaking teenager, she will own the world. Plus Tik Tok
    Yes I've followed her on Instagram along with what feels like half of my Instagram followers. If she actually does it herself it might be interesting, if it's just over managed and sanitised content loads of people will unfollow in a few weeks.
    Don't most young famous people now have their public social media accounts managed for them?
    Yes, there's a few notable exceptions like Lewis Hamilton who definitely dies his own stuff as it has spelling errors sometimes.
    Do you think Marcus does his own? I noticed a your/you're error in one of his (message of support to Emma that she RTd) earlier. Didn't notice a single grammatical error in any of hers (@HYUFD is that the point of grammar school?)
    No he doesn't...it is well known a company is charged with managing it, and tweets have been sent when he was training and also dumps of facts that come really quickly that no normal person just has on hand.

Although it is rarely 100% one way or another.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,419
    edited September 2021

MaxPB said:

I just hope that Emma Raducanu has stayed off Twitter. This argument about whether or not she's secretly Romanian is both patronising and racist. Why is it impossible to celebrate her victory and potentially amazing career she's got ahead of her without bringing race into it?

Nothing good comes from Twitter.
    When people post factual information, such as opinion poll numbers, it's quite useful.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,606
    Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Judging by her social media, she very rarely used Twitter, and all she does there is make anodyne and pleasant statements about her friends, her country, the royals, English football, F1, and her A Levels. Immensely sensible

Her bigger presence is on Insta where she suddenly has 1.4m followers and is one of the biggest tennis stars on the planet already. If the Chinese really take to this Mandarin speaking teenager, she will own the world. Plus Tik Tok
    Yes I've followed her on Instagram along with what feels like half of my Instagram followers. If she actually does it herself it might be interesting, if it's just over managed and sanitised content loads of people will unfollow in a few weeks.
    Good for her. Let it stay sanitised and boring. She is just 18. She should steer entirely clear of politics and religion and Woke and anything like that. I doubt people will unfollow her. Fangirls will stan her to the edge of the universe

She'll get 10m followers within a year, if she carries on winning
    Yes well if she keeps winning she'll be a global superstar. I also wouldn't want her to comment on any of that, Instagram isn't a good platform for it anyway. All you do is annoy everyone by talking about it. I think one of the Hadid sisters lost loads of followers when she started banging on about Israel/Palestine. People don't go on Instagram to be preached at, it's probably one of the last places on the internet that sits outside of politics.
  • Options
    She hasn't won Wimbledon.

Virginia did.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 46,684
    edited September 2021
    IshmaelZ said:

MaxPB said:

How it always starts on here is always the same: someone with a foreign born parent wins something and everyone is delighted, and then some weapons-grade cocksucker comes along and says Hur Hur Hur, isn't it funny how all the people who object to furriners (spelt thus, because of how clever and funny that is) don't object to this particular furriner? And that's such an original and insightful point that a vigorous and good natured debate naturally ensues.
    Remember the huge Twitter ruckus about the "narwhal-tusk wielding terrorist-thwarter". When Remoaners found out he was a "Polish cook" they all ejaculated over their poached eggs, and I believe A C Grayling had to be taken into care. Again

Of course since then it has turned out the narwhal-tusk-wielders were actually a white South African British chef and a white British murderer awaiting parole, and the Remoaners went all quiet. Again

It would be singularly hilarious in the best possible way if Raducanu's one single political social media statement is a heartfelt endorsement of Brexit. Just for the bantz and reax
  • Options

Virginia did.

What are the odds of Emma winning Wimbledon next year? I think she will.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    kinabalu said:

Oh God, Johnson is "dead set" against another lockdown.

Why am I filled with a sense of dread?

There won't be another lockdown. PLEASE listen to me for once.
    Sure. But Johnson's wording worries me, because I didn't think there was even an argument about it. If he suddenly said he was dead set against the compulsory sterilisation of labour voters, would you find that not at all unsettling?

Btw you can get a usef dvd of blade runner for about 3 quid. Just do it.
  • Options

Just seen this on twitter, clip of the Sturge unable to answer Trevor Philips's questions about the White Privilege test the SNP wants all teachers to take - https://twitter.com/HebrideanUK/status/1436977125727289347

I found the test here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i4UDPSO2L6z_9gfrptSSTBTpEgvkgBSA/view

And I can't see how any white Brit wouldn't get a 100% White Privilege score.

What a fucking pointless and time wasting bit of virtue signalling.

Has any white Brit done the test and got less than 100% White Privilege?

Has any non-white Brit done it?
  • Options
    Leon said:

Prediction: there won't be another indyref before 2030, now. Too many mad obstacles, and the momentum is dying

Is that a ‘SNP not largest party at Holyrood’ level prediction, or a ‘Defcon 1, Sturgeon is toast after Jackie Baillie’s forensic grilling’ one?
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,606

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Don't most young famous people now have their public social media accounts managed for them?
    Yes, there's a few notable exceptions like Lewis Hamilton who definitely dies his own stuff as it has spelling errors sometimes.
    Do you think Marcus does his own? I noticed a your/you're error in one of his (message of support to Emma that she RTd) earlier. Didn't notice a single grammatical error in any of hers (@HYUFD is that the point of grammar school?)
    I think Rashford does some of it but also has got a pretty good social media agency as well who will validate before posting. For example is guess the stuff about him scoring goals for United or England will be 100% by the social media team. Anything about food poverty will be him but double triple checked for language and clarity of message before it gets posted.
  • Options

Leon said:

Someone is sneaking into my flat, while I am away, to cook light Arabic themed luncheons

Ok, you've lost me now.
    It's true. I believe this is happening to me
  • Options

What happened this morning with vaxports?

Seems to have been a sudden switch.

Did Javid threaten to resign over something he clearly hated? Gove overruled by PM under pressure? Just a thought.

Something happened imho.

It's put Nicola Sturgeon in a difficult position. She's pressing ahead with them at the moment.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

What happened this morning with vaxports?

Seems to have been a sudden switch.

Did Javid threaten to resign over something he clearly hated? Gove overruled by PM under pressure? Just a thought.

Something happened imho.

It's put Nicola Sturgeon in a difficult position. She's pressing ahead with them at the moment.
    The nightclubs of Berwick about to become swamped?
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Good for her. Let it stay sanitised and boring. She is just 18. She should steer entirely clear of politics and religion and Woke and anything like that. I doubt people will unfollow her. Fangirls will stan her to the edge of the universe

Yes well if she keeps winning she'll be a global superstar. I also wouldn't want her to comment on any of that, Instagram isn't a good platform for it anyway. All you do is annoy everyone by talking about it. I think one of the Hadid sisters lost loads of followers when she started banging on about Israel/Palestine. People don't go on Instagram to be preached at, it's probably one of the last places on the internet that sits outside of politics.
    Indeed. Memo to any sports star, young actor, etc. Avoid ANYTHING controversial during your initial and money-spinning career. Be Roger Federer

There are occasional stars like Rashford who do it, and do it well, but he is exceptional

If you have opinions wait until you've made your £100 million. And basically retired. Then rant away, as no one can touch you. Tho it will still be rough

I am very admiring of Martina Navrat and the way she stands up to the nastier elements of the trans lobby. Because, Jesus, they can be nasty
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Virginia did.

Dunno. But don't forget the South West London gig is on grass. She won on a hard court.

• Options
    Emma is 8.6 to win Wimbledon.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited September 2021
    Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Indeed. Memo to any sports star, young actor, etc. Avoid ANYTHING controversial during your initial and money-spinning career. Be Roger Federer

There are occasional stars like Rashford who do it, and do it well, but he is exceptional

If you have opinions wait until you've made your £100 million. And basically retired. Then rant away, as no one can touch you. Tho it will still be rough

I am very admiring of Martina Navrat and the way she stands up to the nastier elements of the trans lobby. Because, Jesus, they can be nasty
    Rashford isn't that controversial... RocNation identified a particular issue that he relates to / believes in and they wage a campaign on his behalf, but other than that he is very vanilla and afaik never talks about anything else political, nor takes sides i.e. says retweet, like, Starmer da man, or Boris is a twat.... like Gary Neville or Gary Lineker do.

Even with the racist abuse, he just basically said thank you for your support...he never went anywhere near like Mings who started attacking Patel for her comments.

Its a very carefully controlled by RocNation.
  • Options
    The New York Times has done another British thing

"The New York Times
    @nytimes
    ·
    1m
    Emma Raducanu’s victory at the U.S. Open was a kind of redemption for England after the country's soccer team suffered a heartbreaking defeat in the finals of Euro 2020."

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1437174226201501697?s=20
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

Virginia did.

Dunno. But don't forget the South West London gig is on grass. She won on a hard court.

She had an incredible raw talent on grass a few months ago.

She could be the next generation's Serena Williams, she seems that good.
  • Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,761
    edited September 2021

Just seen this on twitter, clip of the Sturge unable to answer Trevor Philips's questions about the White Privilege test the SNP wants all teachers to take - https://twitter.com/HebrideanUK/status/1436977125727289347

I found the test here

I was curious about the test, so I did it, and got 90.66%. I suspect I didn't get 100% because a) I'm an Englishman living in Wales, and b) I'm half French. Some of the questions are fair enough, but the ones which critizied living somewhere where almost everyone is White were very disingenuous.
  • Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775
    kinabalu said:

Farooq said:

kle4 said:

It is a pity my stint as editor of PB has come to an end.

If I was still editing PB I would be publishing a piece entitled.

'Is Covid-19 pandemic the only way to keep the United Kingdom together?'

A second referendum on Scottish independence will not be held until all day-to-day Covid restrictions have been lifted, Nicola Sturgeon has said.

The first minister has repeatedly pledged to hold another poll by the end of 2023, but only if the public health crisis is over.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/sep/12/no-independence-referendum-until-covid-restrictions-lifted-sturgeon-says?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

'Is Covid-19 pandemic the only way to keep the United Kingdom together?'

No. That's Sturgeon keeping the UK together.
    Really? I shall try to be more kindly disposed toward her.
    Well, look at it objectively. What restrictions are still currently in place? Most of them were lifted in August.

The restrictions on physical distancing and limits to the size of social gatherings have been removed, and nightclubs are allowed to reopen.

Facemasks in shops and on trains and in secondary schools - hardly seems like a reason why an independence referendum can't happen.

Giving details to businesses to comply with track and trace - ditto.

2m distancing remains but only in healthcare settings - ditto.

You had 50,000 fans at the Old Firm game, 50,000 at TRNSMT. OK, there might need to be some applications for permissions for those and perhaps a vaxport in October (maybes), but again, how's it stopping indyref2?

No, it's just another nebulous reason why they can continue to talk about wanting indyref2 but not actually wanting indyref2.

It's in the first half of the parliament, but it's before the end of 2023, but it's after covid restrictions, but only if the NHS isn't under "pressure". It's not exactly subtle bullshitting now.
    If the SNP were pushing for an immediate referendum, you can be certain that opponents of independence would be using the fact there's still a pandemic on as a attack line. And that attack line would have huge traction.
    Pushing hard on a referendum now would be a huge gift to those who oppose independence.
    There's a notion at large that Sturgeon doesn't want indy, she just wants to dominate a devolved but never quite leaving Scotland. I find this odd and not supported by anything other than a presumed ability to divine her deepest inner thoughts and see that they are totally at odds with everything she has ever said.
    This isn't an isolated case. I've heard people earnestly say that Trump didn't really want to win, that Johnson is bound to quit soon because he doesn't enjoy it, that Harry is secretly unhappy and will be divorced within a few years.
    If you keep throwing these darts blindfold you're bound to hit the mark sometimes, but mostly no. Just because you've seen someone on the box doesn't mean you have an insight into some shocking truth about their private thoughts.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,072

kinabalu said:

I was being a bit flippant based on Johnson's repeated statements that X and Y would or would not happen during the plague years. e.g. "Xmas is definitely on - get grandpa a train ticket booked"

I think you are right, but I'm interested as to what's your reasoning?
    I'd say the politics, the money, and the virus and vax data all point to another lockdown being highly highly unlikely.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Not Ranucanu'd out yet.. I just found this, my favourite, picture of her serving in the QF

Her outfit looks a bit like the Romanian flag.
    The Romanian flag isn't white and gold.
    What does it look like? I'm almost moved to find out.
    It's a copy of the flag of Chad.
  • Options
    FishingFishing Posts: 4,560
    Leon said:

"The New York Times
    @nytimes
    ·
    1m
    Emma Raducanu’s victory at the U.S. Open was a kind of redemption for England after the country's soccer team suffered a heartbreaking defeat in the finals of Euro 2020."

I honestly thought they were going to write that it was a redemption for England after voting to leave the EU.
  • Options

I found the test here

I did it and got a weird score of "fuck off I don't care", which probably equates to about 30%
  • Options
    CatMan said:

I found the test here

I was curious about the test, so I did it, and got 90.66%. I suspect I didn't get 100% because a) I'm an Englishman living in Wales, and b) I'm half French. Some of the questions are fair enough, but the ones which critizied living somewhere where almost everyone is White were very disingenuous.
    I realised I may not get 100%

I'm whiter (and veinily bluer) than any of the plasters I've ever bought.

I can't work out whether that would give me more or less than 100% though..
  • Options
    Fishing said:

Leon said:

"The New York Times
    @nytimes
    ·
    1m

I honestly thought they were going to write that it was a redemption for England after voting to leave the EU.
    THEY DID

"Like the national soccer team, Ms. Raducanu embodies the exuberant diversity of British society. Her victory is both a tacit repudiation of the anti-immigration fervor that fueled the Brexit vote in 2016 and a reminder that, whatever its politics, the polyglot Britain of today is a more complicated and interesting place."

Their coverage of Britain is in a parallel universe where the Guardian has Herr Goebbels as its Tel Aviv correspondent in about 1962
  • Options
    CatMan said:

I found the test here

That test is a parody right?

"I walk into a supermarket and they rarely sell stuff my family traditionally eats" ? ???

WTF. We must have the most cosmo supermarket food shelves in the frigging world. I mean, how else would the middle classes professionals fill their WFH time if not cooking cuisines from all over?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Anthony Bourdain in Shanghai in about 2014. Jesus he saw it all coming
  • Options
    Leon said:

Anthony Bourdain in Shanghai in about 2012. Jesus he saw it all coming

His tv show was just brilliant.
  • Options
    edited September 2021

CatMan said:

I found the test here

"I walk into a supermarket and they rarely sell stuff my family traditionally eats" ? ???

WTF. We must have the most cosmo supermarket food shelves in the frigging world. I mean, how else would the middle classes professionals fill their WFH time if not cooking cuisines from all over?
    Yes, and speaking as someone who would consider himself as Woke, that question was weird. Are British supermarkets supposed to sell food from every other country in the world?!
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,072
    IshmaelZ said:

kinabalu said:

Sure. But Johnson's wording worries me, because I didn't think there was even an argument about it. If he suddenly said he was dead set against the compulsory sterilisation of labour voters, would you find that not at all unsettling?

Btw you can get a usef dvd of blade runner for about 3 quid. Just do it.
    Yes I don't go by what he says. That's a way to lose your bearings. DVD? Yes, could do, I have a player. Then again we're about to ditch old school cable and embrace streaming, and I hear that this opens up a massive library.
  • Options

Leon said:

Anthony Bourdain in Shanghai in about 2012. Jesus he saw it all coming

His tv show was just brilliant.
    A proper genius. Incredibly articulate, honest, clever, insightful. He makes political predictions that are - or were - way ahead of any pundit

In this episode he skewers the New Chinese Rich mercilessly, by saying just nothing, and letting them speak for themselves
  • Options

CatMan said:

I found the test here

I don't think it's a parody. It appears to be part of a package of recommended reading for teachers in Scotland. I don't imagine it's a test actually stipulated as compulsory for them, but the government has recommended it as reading, and it recommends taking the test.

It's from this (Scottish) website https://www.theantiracisteducator.com/about
  • Options

CatMan said:

I found the test here

I don't think it's a parody. It appears to be part of a package of recommended reading for teachers in Scotland. I don't imagine it's a test actually stipulated as compulsory for them, but the government has recommended it as reading, and it recommends taking the test.

I have two questions:
    1. If you're going into teaching, is it a good idea to find ways to understand the experiences of those people who are not like you?
    2. Is this sort of thing a useful tool for achieving that understanding?
  • Options
    Leon said:

"The New York Times
    @nytimes
    ·
    1m

"For long-suffering British sports fans"

Someone needs to tell the New York Times it's not the 90s
  • Options

Harry Cole
    @MrHarryCole
    ·
    1h
    PM will unveil his Winter Plan to avoid a Christmas lockdown — with booster jabs for the over-50s at its core.
    @TheSun
    can reveal third doses are to be rolled out in a similar way to the first vaccine drive, starting with the most elderly and vulnerable.
  • Options
    Farooq said:

CatMan said:

I found the test here

I have two questions:
    1. If you're going into teaching, is it a good idea to find ways to understand the experiences of those people who are not like you?
    Is calling it a White Privilege test, and awarding 100% to almost all white Brits, at all helpful in that regard?
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,935
    Leon said:

Fishing said:

Leon said:

"The New York Times
    @nytimes
    ·
    1m

THEY DID

"Like the national soccer team, Ms. Raducanu embodies the exuberant diversity of British society. Her victory is both a tacit repudiation of the anti-immigration fervor that fueled the Brexit vote in 2016 and a reminder that, whatever its politics, the polyglot Britain of today is a more complicated and interesting place."

Their coverage of Britain is in a parallel universe where the Guardian has Herr Goebbels as its Tel Aviv correspondent in about 1962
    91% of New York Times readers are Democrats, don't expect them to have anything favourable to say about Boris' post Brexit UK, they hate him almost as much as they hated Trump
    https://letter.ly/new-york-times-readership-statistics/
  • Options

Farooq said:

CatMan said:

I found the test here

I have two questions:
    Is calling it a White Privilege test, and awarding 100% to almost all white Brits, at all helpful in that regard?
    I don't know, but I get the sense your question is rhetorical whilst mine were not.
    Well, I do think the answer to my first question is "yes", but I can imaging some people disagreeing with that too.
    FWIW, if there is such a thing as white privilege, I'd expect white people to score highly on it, wouldn't you?
  • Options
    CatMan said:

Leon said:

"The New York Times
    @nytimes
    ·
    1m

"For long-suffering British sports fans"

Someone needs to tell the New York Times it's not the 90s
    Yes

We won the rugby world cup - in high style

We won the cricket world cup - in high style

We have basically out performed every nation on earth, per capita, for the last 3 or 4 Olympics

We have the most successful and most watched sports league, of any kind, in the world: the EPL

English football is dominant in Europe

We now have the world's biggest new sports star. Emma from Bromley

If this is "long suffering" then what is *success*? Beating the Betelgeusians at intergalactic space-badminton?

I am old enough to remember when Britain was indeed a tiny bit shit at too many sports, from about 1973-1999, and even when we did well - English footie teams in Europe - it was tainted (by hooliganism).

The era since then has been very different. We have feasted on victory, in comparison
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,885
    MaxPB said:

isam said:

MaxPB said:

What's the secret? Her Dad is Romanian, so of course she both is, and is proud of being, part Romanian. Same way 3/4 of my girlfriends Grandparents were Irish, and she considers herself part Irish.
    Well indeed, but reading Twitter it's apparently some massive secret and she's not really British and it might finally be that one thing that reverses the leave vote. 🤷‍♂️
    IshmaelZ said:

MaxPB said:

How it always starts on here is always the same: someone with a foreign born parent wins something and everyone is delighted, and then some weapons-grade cocksucker comes along and says Hur Hur Hur, isn't it funny how all the people who object to furriners (spelt thus, because of how clever and funny that is) don't object to this particular furriner? And that's such an original and insightful point that a vigorous and good natured debate naturally ensues.
    Well said @IshmaelZ

The strange thing is, the people saying it KNOW that the people they’re accusing of this double standard aren’t guilty of it, and the accused know that their accuser knows - so it’s all just a waste of time anyway.

Some people are just seem compelled to make pompous fools of themselves
  • Options
    TresTres Posts: 2,208
    It's Sunday evening, it's PB contributors getting palpitations from having to think about racism time.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

It is Twitter for good looking people
  • Options

Harry Cole
    @MrHarryCole
    ·
    1h
    PM will unveil his Winter Plan to avoid a Christmas lockdown — with booster jabs for the over-50s at its core.
    @TheSun
    can reveal third doses are to be rolled out in a similar way to the first vaccine drive, starting with the most elderly and vulnerable.

Bloody spoilt brat pensioners queue jumping as well as not getting taxed enough
  • Options
    Farooq said:

Farooq said:

CatMan said:

I found the test here

I have two questions:
    I don't know, but I get the sense your question is rhetorical whilst mine were not.
    Well, I do think the answer to my first question is "yes", but I can imaging some people disagreeing with that too.
    FWIW, if there is such a thing as white privilege, I'd expect white people to score highly on it, wouldn't you?
    I thought you made good points about the test. Apologies for not acknowledging them.

My point may have been rhetorical, if rhetorical can mean trying to imply that naming it such was entirely unhelpful.

Of course whites ought to score higher in a White Privilege test, but it's ludicrous that being white automatically gives you near 100%. And equally stupid that being non-white and not thinking that people look at you funny gives you "White Privilege". Which it does under this absurd test.
  • Options

Farooq said:

Farooq said:

CatMan said:

I found the test here

I have two questions:
    I thought you made good points about the test. Apologies for not acknowledging them.

My point may have been rhetorical, if rhetorical can mean trying to imply that naming it such was entirely unhelpful.

Of course whites ought to score higher in a White Privilege test, but it's ludicrous that being white automatically gives you near 100%. And equally stupid that being non-white and not thinking that people look at you funny gives you "White Privilege". Which it does under this absurd test.
    Well, I guess we were focused on different things. For me, what you call it isn't the important think. "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet".

As long as it's a white rose, of course.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,929
    Canada polling. Voting a week tomorrow. Average of last 10 polls, final days 8-11 September. So after the French debate, and straddling the English.

Libs 31.9 (-1.2)
    Con 31.4 (-2.9)
    NDP 18.4 (+2.4)
    PPC 7.7 (+6.1)
    BQ 6.0 (-1.6)
    Green 3.6 (-3.0) Changes with last election.

Trudeau is coming with a late run again. Ironically, though, the Tories are getting greater vote efficiency this time, so may come closer in terms of seats. Indeed, it isn't inconceivable they could get fewer votes, but most seats. A complete turnaround.
    PPC continuing to rise on the back of opposition to vaccines, vaxports, climate policies and gun laws. Amongst other things.
    Things look much, much better for Justin than a fortnight ago.
    Still time for it to change.
    Tories heavily trying to convince PPC folk that they won't win a seat (probably) under FPTP.
    Logic, mystifyingly, isn't working on them.
  • Options
    No one gives a fcuk about men’s tennis any longer it appears.
  • Options
    Farooq said:

Farooq said:

Farooq said:

CatMan said:

I found the test here

I have two questions:

Well, I guess we were focused on different things. For me, what you call it isn't the important think. "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet".

As long as it's a white rose, of course.
    What we call things is so important. In so many many ways.
  • Options
    So Blanche is taking over the threads..

Hope that doesn't get you in trouble in France
This discussion has been closed.