Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Now the speculation is that Biden wants to be a two term president – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited January 2021 in General
imageNow the speculation is that Biden wants to be a two term president – politicalbetting.com

Only a day after his inauguration and it might seem premature to start speculating on whether Joe Biden wants to run one for the White House once again in 2024 but that is what’s happening.

Read the full story here

Comments

• eekeek Posts: 24,797
    First as Biden will be if he stands
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,038
    I'm shocked, utterly shocked at this news.
  • Typical Graurdian...

Amazon wins 49% of new TV streaming customers in run-up to Christmas

This article was corrected on 21 January 2021. The Mandalorian is on Disney+, not Netflix as an earlier version stated.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/jan/21/amazon-wins-49-of-new-tv-streaming-customers-in-run-up-to-christmas
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited January 2021
    A Chinese hacking group is stealing airline passenger details

Believed to be operating in the interests of the Chinese state, the group's activities were first described in a report [PDF] and Black Hat presentation [PDF] from CyCraft in 2020.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/a-chinese-hacking-group-is-stealing-airline-passenger-details/

And people want to do more deals with the Chinese?
  • FPT

Morning, all!

Hopefully, we've seen the last of Trump. But who knows, he may go back to being a reality TV "personality"!

In other news, Mum got her first dose of the AZ vaccine last night, though the GP surgery only gave her five hours' notice. Anyway, it was all over in about 5 minutes. Three months' wait for the second dose though.

Great news.

Do you happen to know if she was on the short notice standby? I've a friend who has put herself down for it i.e. a call up if someone can't make their appointment slot. Or was the short notice just lack of planning by the surgery?
    She's over-70, so I guess she was just called in as part of this week's roll-out. But they weren't too sure about if and when she could go if she didn't go in last last night. I think she was the last person they jabbed yesterday, at 8.30pm or so. Might be a limited supply issue?
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,392
    People are always more confident/speculative about how long a leader will remain in post right after they win/take up office. I think Mike makes a decent point about the politics of appearing to want two terms, even if he doesn't intend it.

If he's fit and capable enough in 4 years, he should do it if he thinks he is the best person for the job - a President is not just a figurehead to step aside for someone else's 'turn', however much people might prefer that.

DavidL said:

Crabbie said:

eek said:

Very long time lurker, compelled to post to point out that that you can back Biden as Democratic Nominee in 2024 at prices better than 3. Sure, he's old, but being head of state is very more-ish. Crazy to my mind that Kamla is shorter to be next president than Joe. I'm on.

Other points:

1. I am not Sean, but do intend to make drunken late night posts in the future.
    2. I never figured out what OGH stands for?

Our Good / Gracious Host
    I thought it was our genial host?
    I thought it was gracious host but whatever.
    I thought it was our generous host?
    Christ, the foundations of my world are quivering.
    I think it's like different versions of the Royal Standard, each part of the UK has its own definition of OGH.
  • OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 14,911
    He must give the impression he will run again to avoid being a lame duck from day one. Whether he actually runs again or not is a different question completely. I doubt he will but even he won't know for sure right now.
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,392
    Priti hosting "Have I Got Vaccine for You" at 5. 6 questions about her advice on closing the borders, which will be evaded. And then some numpty asking about Easter ski trips.
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,761
    Completely agree with the last paragraph btw. Presidents get little done, in general, in their second terms because they become lame ducks. If Biden is confirmed as a 1 term President he might start that way.
    edited January 2021

Priti hosting "Have I Got Vaccine for You" at 5. 6 questions about her advice on closing the borders, which will be evaded. And then some numpty asking about Easter ski trips.

You missed the question about how the UK vaccination programme is totally failing as it is far too slow (as we got one day of poor numbers the other day) and at the same time we should also go to two dose strategy. And why aren't we doing vaccinations 24hrs a day, asked 4 different times.
  • MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    kle4 said:

DavidL said:

Crabbie said:

eek said:

Very long time lurker, compelled to post to point out that that you can back Biden as Democratic Nominee in 2024 at prices better than 3. Sure, he's old, but being head of state is very more-ish. Crazy to my mind that Kamla is shorter to be next president than Joe. I'm on.

Other points:

Our Good / Gracious Host
    I think it's like different versions of the Royal Standard, each part of the UK has its own definition of OGH.
    This all happened in 2004/5 when the term "Our genial host" began being used.

You missed the question about how the UK vaccination programme is totally failing as it is far too slow (as we got one day of poor numbers the other day) and at the same time we should also go to two dose strategy. And why aren't we doing vaccinations 24hrs a day, asked 4 different times.
    LOL, almost certainly with both points incoherently wrapped up in the same question.
  • I know that I am not alone in this country in starting to take anti-depressants during the course of the pandemic. All I can say is that remembering to take your happy pills is *important*. Having missed 2 of the last 5 days (non-consecutive) it has done things to my brain which are very interesting!

Apologies again for Biden-baiting behaviour and being generally snappy yesterday.

kle4 said:

DavidL said:

Crabbie said:

eek said:

Other points:

Our Good / Gracious Host
    Thus saith the Lord.
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

DavidL said:

Crabbie said:

eek said:

Other points:

Our Good / Gracious Host
    Thus saith the Lord.
    What a disaster. There were definitely opportunities for a market on this. Until now.
    edited January 2021
    DavidL said:

LOL, almost certainly with both points incoherently wrapped up in the same question.
    My money would be on Peston statement, I mean 5 min question.....
  • Also off-topic (apologies) is this wonderful treat from close by my primary school in Rochdale. A lesson of why you shouldn't build houses on a flood plain...
    https://twitter.com/HelenGradwell/status/1352196412113612800
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 24,583

On Splott Road in Cardiff. Long queues for vaccines at the Splott medical centre. Welsh over 80s look young for their age.

Also off-topic (apologies) is this wonderful treat from close by my primary school in Rochdale. A lesson of why you shouldn't build houses on a flood plain...

Eh, maybe. I've seen plenty of housing built on land people said flooded a lot and its been fine. Can't always mitigate of course.
    BBC reporter just said "Green-lighted". Urgh!
  • BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556

Also off-topic (apologies) is this wonderful treat from close by my primary school in Rochdale. A lesson of why you shouldn't build houses on a flood plain...

Wonderful spot for a 4-bedroom houseboat.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,957

Burn them!
  • BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556

Too many BBC reporters are sadly illighterate...
    DavidL said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

DavidL said:

Crabbie said:

eek said:

Other points:

Our Good / Gracious Host
    Thus saith the Lord.
    What a disaster. There were definitely opportunities for a market on this. Until now.
    I was more looking forward to the a Catholic vs Protestant style split among posters.
  • kle4 said:

Eh, maybe. I've seen plenty of housing built on land people said flooded a lot and its been fine. Can't always mitigate of course.
    At the bottom of the site is the River Roch. Which takes all the outflow off the west side of the Pennine watershed and thanks to a combination of house building and land use changes is prone to flooding a lot.

A mile to the east is Littleborough. https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/homes-evacuated-cars-washed-away-10654590
    A couple of miles to the west is Rochdale https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/one-year-boxing-day-floods-12371355

The reason why houses hadn't been built there is fairly straight forward...
  • Also off-topic (apologies) is this wonderful treat from close by my primary school in Rochdale. A lesson of why you shouldn't build houses on a flood plain...

Designed for swimming, more like :)
    DavidL said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

DavidL said:

Crabbie said:

eek said:

Other points:

Our Good / Gracious Host
    Thus saith the Lord.
    We could have a competition on the best alternative "G" word.
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,733

Thanks, but no tanks (sic).
  • mwadamsmwadams Posts: 3,089
    It's just baffling that we seem to be just doing *exactly* what we did before and expecting a different result.

This is what happens when developers and councils pool their resources.
  • kle4 said:

DavidL said:

Crabbie said:

eek said:

Other points:

Our Good / Gracious Host
    Blimey! I always spelt the "Genial" with a "t" :open_mouth:
  • SelebianSelebian Posts: 7,252
    DavidL said:

One thing that the previous thread made clear is that we should all stick to OGH. Anything else is a recipe for chaos.

We seem to be (mostly) ok with O and H, but the G is problematic. I thought it was 'good'.

Although I've been here a while now and still not offered a drink, so maybe not that good a host.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,038
    mwadams said:

It's just baffling that we seem to be just doing *exactly* what we did before and expecting a different result.
    it is beyond belief. just head spinningly stupid to start this ball rolling.
  • GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,072
    kle4 said:

Yeah. Most (if not all?) new build estates will be built with SUDs and other drainage systems to withstand "once in 100 years" storm events.
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,126
    ydoethur said:

Do keep up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB-vWOGKOZs

But there is certainly a degree of schadenfreude to be had - especially as the houses haven't been built so there is no moral issue. Unlike the 'Watermeadow' housing development I saw in a Devon town once.

kle4 said:

At the bottom of the site is the River Roch. Which takes all the outflow off the west side of the Pennine watershed and thanks to a combination of house building and land use changes is prone to flooding a lot.

A mile to the east is Littleborough. https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/homes-evacuated-cars-washed-away-10654590
    A couple of miles to the west is Rochdale https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/one-year-boxing-day-floods-12371355

The reason why houses hadn't been built there is fairly straight forward...
    I used to stay with a friend in Littleborough to watch South Lancashire League cricket there. Lovely place. They had Joel Garner and Andy Roberts as their professionals. Sadly, never saw Sir Garfield Sobers, who was their pro just before my time. I don't know who used to negotiate to get these pros, but they should have been on the Brexit team.

There was always some wonderful dry humour from the local supporters, in counterpoint to these terrible wet conditions.
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,608

DavidL said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

DavidL said:

Crabbie said:

eek said:

Other points:

Our Good / Gracious Host
    Thus saith the Lord.
    It's all settled by page 2341, paragraph 3 of the Withdrawal Agreement.

kle4 said:

Yeah. Most (if not all?) new build estates will be built with SUDs and other drainage systems to withstand "once in 100 years" storm events.
    "once in 100 years" storm events. What we now call "rain".

kle4 said:

Water still has to go somewhere - and for 1 local site that is a the local beck which runs alongside it.

Pity that some of the bridges only have a 6 inch wide pipe for the water to run through - sadly it was too flooded to see how badly it failed yesterday.
  • Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,008
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

DavidL said:

Crabbie said:

eek said:

Other points:

Our Good / Gracious Host
    Thus saith the Lord.
    Thanks be to God.
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950

I hate it when people verb things.
    Carnyx said:

ydoethur said:

But there is certainly a degree of schadenfreude to be had - especially as the houses haven't been built so there is no moral issue. Unlike the 'Watermeadow' housing development I saw in a Devon town once.
    I meant water tanks, Carnyx, or 'tanking' the house (i.e. making it watertight up to a certain point).

We're not all as obsessed with military solutions to everything as Hyufd, you know.
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614

Wait until the Olympics, when ‘medal’ becomes a verb.
    Selebian said:

DavidL said:

One thing that the previous thread made clear is that we should all stick to OGH. Anything else is a recipe for chaos.

We seem to be (mostly) ok with O and H, but the G is problematic. I thought it was 'good'.

Although I've been here a while now and still not offered a drink, so maybe not that good a host.
    Grudging?
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,126
    ydoethur said:

Carnyx said:

ydoethur said:

I meant water tanks, Carnyx, or 'tanking' the house (i.e. making it watertight up to a certain point).

We're not all as obsessed with military solutions to everything as Hyufd, you know.
    Ah, thank you - I couldn't think what it meant, and in a PB context ...

Near where I grew up, a developer proposed to build on some land that traditionally flooded.

The plan was actually quite interesting - build a causeway/road, with houses off it, all raised above the surrounding area, to a level well above previous flooding. A considerable area wouldn't be built on, and left as floodable. In addition the developer proposed improvements to drainage to offset the loss of volume to the works.

The application got turned down, because councillors were worried that the design would give the impression the area flooded a lot.

Some years later, someone built on the edges of the area. With no mitigation. Strangely, this has flooded, several times.
  • kinabalukinabalu Posts: 38,847
    edited January 2021
    DavidL said:

Completely agree with the last paragraph btw. Presidents get little done, in general, in their second terms because they become lame ducks. If Biden is confirmed as a 1 term President he might start that way.

And (so it goes) little done in their 1st term because they are campaigning for the 2nd.

Oh dear.
    It also reminds me of the bungalow that was for sale at a couple of years back on the other side of the river to Ironbridge. It was small but there was plenty of space available to expand.

Last year when Ironbridge was being protected from flooding I could just about make out its roofline when the camera panned round.
  • Sandpit said:

Winningest is an Americanism that is creeping in more and more..
  • algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,341
    edited January 2021
    TOPPING said:

I hate it when people verb things.
    Yes, it horribles.

Any way it should be greenlight - present; greenlit - past
    eek said:

kle4 said:

Water still has to go somewhere - and for 1 local site that is a the local beck which runs alongside it.

Pity that some of the bridges only have a 6 inch wide pipe for the water to run through - sadly it was too flooded to see how badly it failed yesterday.
    You remind me of the Middle Eastern radio station that made the following famous announcement.

'We cannot give you a weather forecast for tomorrow. This is because the airport, where we get our forecasts from, is closed due to flooding after recent heavy rain. Whether we can give you a weather forecast tomorrow or not depends on the weather.'
    kinabalu said:

DavidL said:

And (so it goes) little done in their 1st term because they are campaigning for the 2nd.

Oh dear.
    Which is why the first 100 days is so important - it's just about the only time you can get stuff done before campaigning kicks off again.
  • MattWMattW Posts: 18,080
    He's just jealous of Prince Philip.

Selebian said:

DavidL said:

Grudging?
    Gruntled.

Sandpit said:

It makes the case for the Second Amendment....
    eek said:

kinabalu said:

DavidL said:

Oh dear.
    Which is why the first 100 days is so important - it's just about the only time you can get stuff done before campaigning kicks off again.
    West Wing had a very good episode where someone explains this, IIRC
  • ydoethur said:

Looks like they're out of their depth?
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614

Sandpit said:

I jokingly described Trump as the most pardoningest president in history the other day. I’m almost certain that at least one American publication will have used that “word”.

I recognise this. It is food policy. Reconcile:

1 - Lots of land for rewilding and reforesting.
    2 - Becoming self-sufficient in food.
    3 - Move to more extensive, less efficient, farming which takes more land per amount of food.

ydoethur said:

Something lake that, yes.
  • eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,861

Near where I grew up, a developer proposed to build on some land that traditionally flooded.

The plan was actually quite interesting - build a causeway/road, with houses off it, all raised above the surrounding area, to a level well above previous flooding. A considerable area wouldn't be built on, and left as floodable. In addition the developer proposed improvements to drainage to offset the loss of volume to the works.

The application got turned down, because councillors were worried that the design would give the impression the area flooded a lot.

Some years later, someone built on the edges of the area. With no mitigation. Strangely, this has flooded, several times.
    Face palm
  • GaussianGaussian Posts: 793
    DavidL said:

True, but having his friends insist he'll do two terms on his first day does seem like a case of protesting too much. Might have been better not to raise the question until later.
    edited January 2021
    Interesting but doomed to fail Uber case about to hit the courts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55742569

as surely the fact the request went to a central database is akin to it going to a centralised call centre.

There are a whole set of laws I do believe uber failed to meet (VAT being the main one for which the court case is outstanding) but I think they just about followed the rules here albeit may be default than intentionally.
  • kle4 said:

"once in 100 years" storm events. What we now call "rain".
    Lived there from 1980 to 1995. Growing up We had proper winters with proper snow. I've seen roads blocked by the stuff its been that deep. Flooding was NEVER a problem. Now? Seems to be a threat of various levels of bad flood every year.
  • BBC reporter just said "Green-lighted". Urgh!

Wait till your gaslighted about it..
  • Saw this on previous thread and LOL!

It's quite clear the Democrats have been wholly captured by the Wokeists; this will be the most toe-curlingly Woke and wanky US administration there has ever been.

It will do nothing to solve America's divisions or heal them, except exacerbate them further. The only question is whether the Republicans can capitalise on it in November 2022, or whether their own fratricidal civil war will consume them, giving more space to the nutters in the Dems.

Sad.

Looks like @RealDonaldTrump has hijacked @Casino_Royale's account!!!

DavidL said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

DavidL said:

Crabbie said:

eek said:

Other points:

Our Good / Gracious Host
    Thus saith the Lord.
    Grumpy :-)

So is the opposite of green-lighted delighted?

• bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,720

Saw this on previous thread and LOL!

It's quite clear the Democrats have been wholly captured by the Wokeists; this will be the most toe-curlingly Woke and wanky US administration there has ever been.

It will do nothing to solve America's divisions or heal them, except exacerbate them further. The only question is whether the Republicans can capitalise on it in November 2022, or whether their own fratricidal civil war will consume them, giving more space to the nutters in the Dems.

Sad.

Have you ever seen them in the same room?
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,080
    kle4 said:

Selebian said:

DavidL said:

Grudging?
    Gruntled.
    But not grizzled
    edited January 2021

ydoethur said:

I just had a look at that via the @PlanningShit dfeed..

AIUI houses are not being built on the part that is shown flooded, and that there is an artesian well due to be capped there, and balancing ponds etc.

Approved Sustainable Drainage strategy in place in the application.

https://twitter.com/frontwards/status/1352229781862027265

Sad.

Casino’s obvious obsession undermines the points he is trying to make.
  • Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

I jokingly described Trump as the most pardoningest president in history the other day. I’m almost certain that at least one American publication will have used that “word”.
    Andrew Johnson probably has the record, given he pardoned all the Confederate troops. Carter pardoned anyone who evaded the draft for the Vietnam war so he too will have pardoned many more.

I was a bit surprised how restrained he was in the end: I wonder if someone had persuaded him not to pardon those who stormed the Capitol on the grounds that it would make convicting him of organising it a much easier case to plead.

I've also seen a suggestion that he was told that if he wanted to pardon himself or his family he would have to state what crimes he was pardoning them for: if this did happen then whoever gave him the advice was lying...
    Blathering on to myself about woke on PT when the action is elsewhere. Just not the life I want for myself.

I think Biden will stand again if he's fit enough and his numbers are better than Harris. My hunch - which is all it can be right now - is that at least one of these conditions will not be met. So I prefer to back Harris. Laying Trump is my main opener, though, for the 24 market.
    eek said:

It also reminds me of the bungalow that was for sale at a couple of years back on the other side of the river to Ironbridge. It was small but there was plenty of space available to expand.

Last year when Ironbridge was being protected from flooding I could just about make out its roofline when the camera panned round.

Reminds me of when my then Conservative controlled London council proposed selling off the local allotments for housing.

The reason that land had been left for allotments was because of its risk of flooding.

The proposal was defeated, through public objection to the loss of allotments. The fact that any housing built there would be at serious flood risk didnt figure.
    Sandpit said:

And podium - which we get in your fav, F1, quite a bit.
  • TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    I wonder if this will have any impact on deliveries of US-made vaccines to other countries.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/535157-biden-to-order-agencies-to-use-defense-production-act-in-coronavirus-fight
    eristdoof said:

Face palm
    Yes. IIRC (this was a long time ago) the original developer based his design on some Dutch stuff. I think it was Dutch - somewhere in Europe where flooding was common and this style had been used a fair bit. Again, IIRC, they actually made the thing about the flooding a feature - pictures of when the water was up, your house looking out over a watershed etc.

I remember thinking it looked rather nice.
  • GaussianGaussian Posts: 793
    edited January 2021
    Oh god indeed. Anybody proposing tier 2 anytime soon should be made to repeatedly write out the Liverpool case numbers for December and early January. >200% week to week rises.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases?areaType=ltla&areaName=Liverpool
  • Is it my imagination or has the mentioning Trump ratio here and in the wider world decreased significantly? Won't last forever of course, but when the world moves on it moves on.
  • Priti hosting "Have I Got Vaccine for You" at 5. 6 questions about her advice on closing the borders, which will be evaded. And then some numpty asking about Easter ski trips.

On Splott Road in Cardiff. Long queues for vaccines at the Splott medical centre. Welsh over 80s look young for their age.

Sounds like a great place to pull.

Too many BBC reporters are sadly illighterate...
    And others too. Imp to recognize that. The Beeb is quite imp - no, it's very imp - but it's not the whole of the media. Not a trivial issue, this, either. Maintaining standards of language is a matter of the utmost imp.

Sad.

It's comments like that which drive Trump's support.

If you say to people, who oppose the way the Democrats say and do some things, "Ergh! Trumpite!", then you risk annoying them so much that they end up feeling compelled to pick the side you don't want.

I've been clear enough on here I couldn't actively support the Democrats or Republicans right now. I would never have voted for Trump. I might have voted Republican for the House but only to constrain Pelosi.

I don't buy the you're either with us or against us narrative. Politics has to be more sophisticated than that if we want constructive solutions rather than polarisation.
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Something lake that, yes.
    You’ll create ripples with comments like that
  • AlistairMAlistairM Posts: 2,004
    IanB2 said:

Sad.

Casino’s obvious obsession undermines the points he is trying to make.
    Because none of us have any obsessions on here, do we?

If you want to engage on the points I'm making, rather than just trolling me, then please feel free to do so.
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950
    Gaussian said:

Oh god indeed. Anybody proposing tier 2 anytime soon should be made to repeatedly write out the Liverpool case numbers for December and early January. >200% week to week rises.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases?areaType=ltla&areaName=Liverpool
    Um, that was without a vaccine.
  • Sandpit said:

It's ugly but there really is no other word that does the job.
  • AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,598
    Even I'm amazed at the rapidity at which Trump's relevance has collapsed.

The whole thing already feels like a weird bad dream.
    edited January 2021
    MattW said:

ydoethur said:

I just had a look at that via the @PlanningShit dfeed..

AIUI houses are not being built on the part that is shown flooded, and that there is an artesian well due to be capped there, and balancing ponds etc.

Approved Sustainable Drainage strategy in place in the application.

https://twitter.com/frontwards/status/1352229781862027265
    I really get annoyed with people who discourage venting on traditional hobby horses with boring old facts. Lighten up! 😉
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    kinabalu said:

Blathering on to myself about woke on PT when the action is elsewhere. Just not the life I want for myself.

I think Biden will stand again if he's fit enough and his numbers are better than Harris. My hunch - which is all it can be right now - is that at least one of these conditions will not be met. So I prefer to back Harris. Laying Trump is my main opener, though, for the 24 market.

Don’t think the numbers matter. Power is difficult to give up. If he’s fit enough he will run
  • WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,480
    edited January 2021
    Scott_xP said:
    "Woke" doesn't really mean anything, and it's a fairly recent way of not meaning anything, so it's not surprising that those of Boris Johnson's generation haven't caught up. Sometimes it refers to a specifically doctrinaire kind of liberalism, sometimes it's catch-all "politically correct" kind of generic political insult , and most of the time it's simply empty noise.
This discussion has been closed.