Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Undefined discussion subject.

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited January 2021 in General
Undefined discussion subject.

Read the full story here

Comments

• londonpubmanlondonpubman Posts: 3,153
    Scotland? To see Sturgeon and malcolmg? :lol:
  • rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787

Or to fetch Trump back in person?
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,760

Well, it won't be to see Salmond given he's in bed* with the Russkies and Trump.

*Metaphorically speaking.
    rpjs said:

Or to fetch Trump back in person?
    Does he want Trump back?
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941
    Perhaps the new UK/EU neutral zone: NI.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,961
    FPT: Pulpstar said:

"Well given Norway is about $1T in the black"

All for the cost of a decent lunch.....

In the early Sixties, a group used to meet from time to time, to discuss the esoteric matter of the exact boundary between the UK and Norway. Each side had maps and their own entrenched positions.

Then one day, after a particularly good lunch, the British negotiators accepted the Norwegian proposal.

A proposal that would later be shown to include a huge amount of the subsequent Norwegian oil reserves, including Statfjord....

"a trans-median field crossing the Norwegian and UK North Sea Boundary with approximately 15% being in the UK Continental Shelf waters. At peak production it produced over 700,000 barrels of oil per day."

Snorre....

"reserves consist of 1.6 billion barrels of oil, 240 billion cubic feet of natural gas, 4.8 million tons of natural gas liquids."

and Gullfaks.....

"initial recoverable reserve is 2.1 billion barrels and reached peak production in 2001 at 180,000 barrels per day".

I was told this in 1988 - by somebody who was at that lunch.
  • LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 14,772
    Bearing in mind the domestic troubles, and the international Covid situation, a spread-bet on days from inauguration to first official overseas visit would be interesting.

My guess is that it would be the longest period for a new President for many years.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited January 2021

Not quite sure what the issue is supposed to be here? Should he not get his boys out for some fresh air and exercise?
    There is none...and yet he gets a second negative piece with photos splashed in the papers, when he just out being a dad for a day.

And then we wonder why our MPs are piss poor quality. How many successful people would want to have this level of exposure, for less money.
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,674
    FPT
    Sandpit said:

» show previous quotes
    I’m sure, if Scotland doesn’t want the Sqaddies and their damn colonial vaccine sites, they could always head south and set up a few more in England instead?

Typical arsehole, we would like all our Scottish squaddies helping , not a token few.
  • malcolmg said:

FPT
    Sandpit said:

» show previous quotes
    I’m sure, if Scotland doesn’t want the Sqaddies and their damn colonial vaccine sites, they could always head south and set up a few more in England instead?

Typical arsehole, we would like all our Scottish squaddies helping , not a token few.

Do you need all of them? Has Sturgeon called upon them and been rebuffed?

Or are these the only ones wanted/needed?

In the early Sixties, a group used to meet from time to time, to discuss the esoteric matter of the exact boundary between the UK and Norway. Each side had maps and their own entrenched positions.

Then one day, after a particularly good lunch, the British negotiators accepted the Norwegian proposal.

A proposal that would later be shown to include a huge amount of the subsequent Norwegian oil reserves, including Statfjord....

"a trans-median field crossing the Norwegian and UK North Sea Boundary with approximately 15% being in the UK Continental Shelf waters. At peak production it produced over 700,000 barrels of oil per day."

Snorre....

"reserves consist of 1.6 billion barrels of oil, 240 billion cubic feet of natural gas, 4.8 million tons of natural gas liquids."

and Gullfaks.....

"initial recoverable reserve is 2.1 billion barrels and reached peak production in 2001 at 180,000 barrels per day".

A shame they didn't sneeze while drawing the line.
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,789
    On topic: is Canada not regarded as international?
  • [OT Admin] this is the second thread in as many days with "undefined discussion subject".
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614
    malcolmg said:

FPT
    Sandpit said:

» show previous quotes

There’s Scottish sqaddies? There was me thinking they all swore allegiance to Her Majesty and took orders from the government of the United Kingdom?
  • FossFoss Posts: 694
    edited January 2021
    I'm suprised Canada isn't on that list. Both have leaders in a similar place on the political spectrum and it could be done as a day trip timed for the evening news.

Edit: Oops, more reading. Less listening to pointless work calls.

malcolmg said:

FPT
    Sandpit said:

» show previous quotes

As ever with Tories it will be minimum that can be prised out of them after much lying
  • Not the least fault of the whole Trump shitshow is its overweening fcuking pettiness.

https://twitter.com/anneapplebaum/status/1351175420356530177?s=20
  • kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

The UK has given self-governance or independence to every territory that has asked for it - outside those being directly retained as military bases.

Aside from that I don't see what the problem is with those few remaining overseas territories that want to retain a close relationship with the UK, other than self-loathing and embarrassment.

But it's odd. It feels odd. And if it doesn't feel odd, that is odd, and just shows how insidious the effect of colonialism is, not just on those colonized but also on the citizens of the colonial power here in 2021. This is the insight I am offering.
    Its not odd at all. People look at what they believe is in their best interests. In the case of the Falklands the islanders clearly believe that presently their security and economic well being is best served by being attached to the UK rather than to Argentina.

Put it this way. If the Falkland Islanders decided at some point they wanted full independence I would suggest they have far more chance of achieving that by detaching themselves from British rule than they would be trying to detach themselves from Argentine rule.
    I'm not talking about the Islanders wanting to stay British - nothing odd about that - I'm talking about the notion of British rule over places on the other side of the globe. To me this is odd and I find it odd when others don't share that feeling - and potentially telling of what they feel about Britain and Britishness. And when I say "telling" btw, I don't imply something bad lurking there. Although there might be. Further probing would be required.
    There are many and varied reasons - almost none of them associated with any old feelings about Empire - why countries might think it good to retain control of far flung places. One of the most obvious for me comes in the form of environmental management. Britain is now responsible for the largest marine protected zone in the world in the Indian Ocean and is responsible for a total of 6.8 million Km2 of marine protected zones around the world.
    No doubt. But I'm not talking about the macro geopolitics. I'm talking about how a British person, a normal British person, feels when they consider the notion of British rule over far flung places. Do they feel it is (i) a hangover from the colonial past that feels odd and a bit wrong in 2021, or (ii) just the normal way of things, Britain being Britain, and woe betide anybody who suggests otherwise?
    Or (iii) up to the people living in those places to determine for themselves?
    That can't be there in the formulation as an option (iii) because you can think that PLUS (i) or (ii).

What I'm doing is setting out a way to distinguish between Brits who feel good about our colonial past and those who don't.

You're not helping. You're cluttering things up with an interesting but separate matter.
    No, you're the one trying to add value judgements to the past. The past is the past, it is grey and murky. It isn't either pure good or pure bad it simply is what it is.

For the present what matters is the present, not the past. It is absolutely irrelevant what happened in 1833 or 1776 or 1066 except for how it led to the present. If the people there today democratically want to be free they should be. If they democratically want to be attached to another nation they should be. Their choice, not yours unless you wish to engage in modern day imperialism.
    Sandpit said:

malcolmg said:

FPT
    Sandpit said:

» show previous quotes

There’s Scottish sqaddies? There was me thinking they all swore allegiance to Her Majesty and took orders from the government of the United Kingdom?
    We pay through the nose for them and get scant return, like every other area.
    rcs1000 said:

Fauci said yesterday that the US was weeks away from approving both the AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson vaccines.

Which implies that the J&J mass trial data is good. (And presumably also that AZ has done a reasonable job of getting the required data to the FDA.)

Let’s all hope the J&J data is good. Having one that doesn’t need a booster shot helps the logistics enormously.
  • Not quite sure what the issue is supposed to be here? Should he not get his boys out for some fresh air and exercise?
    There is none...and yet he gets a second negative piece with photos splashed in the papers, when he just out being a dad for a day.

And then we wonder why our MPs are piss poor quality. How many successful people would want to have this level of exposure, for less money.
    The issue, as stated in the headline, is Boris asked the rest of us to stay at home.
  • malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

FPT
    Sandpit said:

» show previous quotes

As ever with Tories it will be minimum that can be prised out of them after much lying
    If that is the case why doesn't Sturgeon say that she requested a thousand and only got a hundred? That would play to her base and win support, so why not say it?

Or is it not true?
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,625

Not the least fault of the whole Trump shitshow is its overweening fcuking pettiness.

Compare and contrast with the Bush family showing the Obama family round.... complete with Obama kids using a sloped corridor as a slide, to smiles from all the adults.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,712
    I would imagine Biden will be in the UK first as the G7 summit is in June and given travel restrictions otherwise due to Covid will still be in place for the next few months.

Otherwise Ireland or France or Germany on the way to the summit
  • Wulfrun_PhilWulfrun_Phil Posts: 4,572
    FPT
    Nigelb said:

Rep. John Katko: Why I became the first Republican lawmaker to support impeachment
    https://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/politics/534654-rep-john-katko-why-i-became-the-first-republican-lawmaker-to

Well that's already 3 nailed on for impeachment then:
    - Katco
    - Romney (who supported impeachment first time around)
    - Murkowski (who has effectively said she will leave the party if they don't)

The question is, if McConnell votes to impeach as minority Senate leader, will 13 more feel emboldened enough to use that cover to follow him?
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,286
    edited January 2021

Not quite sure what the issue is supposed to be here? Should he not get his boys out for some fresh air and exercise?

When the lockdown ends some people are going to be very disappointed that they can no longer get outraged over things like this.
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 14,884
    rcs1000 said:

Fauci said yesterday that the US was weeks away from approving both the AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson vaccines.

Which implies that the J&J mass trial data is good. (And presumably also that AZ has done a reasonable job of getting the required data to the FDA.)

I heard something on the radio suggesting J and J would be probably approved (UK) mid Feb.
  • Not quite sure what the issue is supposed to be here? Should he not get his boys out for some fresh air and exercise?

The issue, as stated in the headline, is Boris asked the rest of us to stay at home.
    Except for things like to go out for exercise, which he and his kids did. What petty minded curtain twitching wretched hatefulness.
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603
    rcs1000 said:

The US trial data must complete the picture enough for the FDA. It's a shame that AZ buggered up the UK trial so badly.
  • EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,960
    rcs1000 said:

"Weeks away" is an ambiguous phrase that could mean "close" or "not close", depending on the context. Am I wrong to interpret it as the latter in this case, given the circumstances?

Not the least fault of the whole Trump shitshow is its overweening fcuking pettiness.

I believe she will be at Mar a Lago by then at Trump's mock inaugration making himself President of Florida

Except for exercise, which is EXACTLY what Hancock was doing. Bizarre reporting, trying to make a story out of nothing. Pathetic.
    HYUFD said:
    By which he means, 'around 4 million people have received the FIRST DOSE of a vaccine.'

Which is not at all the same thing.
    HYUFD said:

I believe she will be at Mar a Lago by then at Trump's mock inaugration making himself President of Florida
    Yes, it’s somewhat harsh to criticise Melania so personally over a decision that isn’t really hers to make.
    MaxPB said:

rcs1000 said:

The US trial data must complete the picture enough for the FDA. It's a shame that AZ buggered up the UK trial so badly.
    Is it though? From a parochial perspective, having AZ only licenced in the UK is kind of good for our supply at the current time. No competing supply issues... (looks towards Pfizer)

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

FPT
    Sandpit said:

» show previous quotes

If that is the case why doesn't Sturgeon say that she requested a thousand and only got a hundred? That would play to her base and win support, so why not say it?

Or is it not true?
    It is my understanding that the UK military involvement with the vaccination program is with logistics planning and coordination, rather than squaddies driving lorries etc.
    Endillion said:

rcs1000 said:

"Weeks away" is an ambiguous phrase that could mean "close" or "not close", depending on the context. Am I wrong to interpret it as the latter in this case, given the circumstances?
    I think you are, since if it was intended to be many weeks, surely the phrase would be months away?
  • ClippPClippP Posts: 1,667
    HYUFD said:
    Our medics and civil servants are doing a really good job. A shame the Johnson and his cronies in the government just keep fouling everything up with their triumphalism and contradictory instructions.
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950

Snorre....

and Gullfaks.....

It wasn't Bob Hope was it?
    ClippP said:

HYUFD said:
    Our medics and civil servants are doing a really good job. A shame the Johnson and his cronies in the government just keep fouling everything up with their triumphalism and contradictory instructions.
    PHE (re testing) says hello.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited January 2021
    RobD said:

ClippP said:

HYUFD said:
    PHE (re testing) says hello.
    If the civil servants had their way we would have been in the EU vaccine scheme. Would have been seen as the safety first approach.
    ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:
    By which he means, 'around 4 million people have received the FIRST DOSE of a vaccine.'

Is a vaccination without a booster still a vaccine? It confers some protection, more than enough to qualify as a vaccine.
  • EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,960

Endillion said:

rcs1000 said:

I think you are, since if it was intended to be many weeks, surely the phrase would be months away?
    Maybe. In my experience, things that are "weeks away" are often still "weeks away" several weeks later.
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Bad news round up

https://global247news.com/2021/01/18/almost-a-third-of-covid19-patients-back-in-hospital-after-five-months/

"Alarming figures have shown that almost one third of recovered coronavirus patients will be re-admitted to hospital within five months. With one in eight losing their fight for life.

Almost a third of COVID19 patients back in hospital after five months: The long term effects of severe coronavirus has been discovered in research by Leicester University and the Office for National Statistics (ONS). Which found that many people who have had severe symptoms can develop heart problems, chronic liver and kidney conditions and diabetes. Statistics show that out of the 47,780 people discharged from hospital during the first wave 29.4% had been re-admitted within 140 days with 12.3% of them dying."

https://abc7.com/los-angeles-cremation-covid-19-deaths-coronavirus-aqmd/9762002/

"LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The death rate during the COVID-19 pandemic is so high in Los Angeles County that an emergency order has been issued lifting environmental limits on the number of cremations that can be performed every month."

https://nypost.com/2021/01/18/new-covid-19-strain-is-found-in-california-as-state-nears-3-million-cases/

New new strain, not UK one.

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

FPT
    Sandpit said:

» show previous quotes

Or is it not true?
    Who knows, she is too busy at present trying to hold on to her job
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,774
    Sandpit said:

rcs1000 said:

Let’s all hope the J&J data is good. Having one that doesn’t need a booster shot helps the logistics enormously.
    I'm really hoping we'll get human trial results on nasal application of the AZ vaccine too, because in monkeys it dramatically increased its effectiveness (to 95+%).

Compare and contrast with the Bush family showing the Obama family round.... complete with Obama kids using a sloped corridor as a slide, to smiles from all the adults.
    I read that the Obama family were really touched by the efforts that the Bush family made to make them feel welcome and make the handover as smooth as possible. I know Obama also said Bush did everything he could to make the power transition as smooth and professional as possible.
    The families seem to be friends on a personal level - when together at public events, they seem to like sitting near each other, engage in casual conversation etc...
    ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

Usual lies and half truths as ever
  • BurgessianBurgessian Posts: 2,395
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

FPT
    Sandpit said:

» show previous quotes

If there aren't many squaddies helping out in Scotland it's because Nippy and Calamity Jeane neglected to make a request. A point that was raised by Jamie Stone in the Commons a few days ago. The roll-out of the vaccine in Scotland is the responsibility of ScotGov not UKGov,

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

FPT
    Sandpit said:

» show previous quotes

If there aren't many squaddies helping out in Scotland it's because Nippy and Calamity Jeane neglected to make a request. A point that was raised by Jamie Stone in the Commons a few days ago. The roll-out of the vaccine in Scotland is the responsibility of ScotGov not UKGov,
    Your arse

I read that the Obama family were really touched by the efforts that the Bush family made to make them feel welcome and make the handover as smooth as possible. I know Obama also said Bush did everything he could to make the power transition as smooth and professional as possible.
    There’s several sources for that story. Apparently GWB noted the way he was treated on the way in (a curious mixture of outward warmth but petty actions such as the staffers removing the W keys from computers), and resolved that he would go out of his way to treat his successor with the dignity deserving of the office, no matter who they were or which party they represented. A small insight into the man himself.
  • MattWMattW Posts: 18,094

[OT Admin] this is the second thread in as many days with "undefined discussion subject".

Appropriate for PB?
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,286
    ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

How effective is the first dose?

MaxPB said:

rcs1000 said:

Is it though? From a parochial perspective, having AZ only licenced in the UK is kind of good for our supply at the current time. No competing supply issues... (looks towards Pfizer)
    Aiui the AZ vaccine is in operation warp speed and they have been building exclusive US capacity as part of it.
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

FPT
    Sandpit said:

» show previous quotes

Your arse
    Playing the man not the ball again. Was the statement incorrect?
  • Sandpit said:

There’s several sources for that story. Apparently GWB noted the way he was treated on the way in (a curious mixture of outward warmth but petty actions such as the staffers removing the W keys from computers), and resolved that he would go out of his way to treat his successor with the dignity deserving of the office, no matter who they were or which party they represented. A small insight into the man himself.
    Over the years, President Bush has had a good-natured friendship with Michelle Obama. "President Bush and I, we are forever seatmates because of protocol, and that's how we sit at all the official functions," Mrs. Obama told the Today Show. "He's my partner in crime at every major thing where all the 'formers' gather. So we're together all the time." She later added, "I love him to death. He's a wonderful man, he's a funny man."[459] Bush and Obama have sat next to each other at many events including the 50th anniversary of the historic civil rights march in Selma (2015), the interfaith memorial service for the victims in Dallas (2016), the opening at the National Museum of African American History and Culture (2016), and at the funerals for Nancy Reagan (2016), and John McCain (2018). Bush famously passed mints to Mrs. Obama during the McCain funeral in September 2018 and gave them to her again during the funeral of his father in December 2018.[460]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush#Post-presidency_(2009–present)
    ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

I think the two vaccinations thing is really messing with people. The excellent virologist Chris Smith explains it this way. If you image the two doses are like building a house, the first one gets the house up, windows in, roof on. Its a functioning house. The second dose completes the decoration. In other words, don't take the message that someone is only vaccinated after the second dose - its just not true. For absolute best protection, then yes the second dose will need to be done too, but it is not correct to say that someone receiving the first jab is NOT vaccinated yet (until the second dose)
    Andy_JS said:

ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

Well, we're about to find out, aren't we?
  • ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

Sounds like a vaccination to me! Two doses are more effective than one, but one is still a vaccination, just not one recommended when better alternatives are available.

How many of the 4m are expected to develop serious covid? Very very few.
  • ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

Yes it is the same thing.

A booster shot would be good to have eventually but getting the vaccine is massive.
    RobD said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

FPT
    Sandpit said:

» show previous quotes

Your arse
    I believe it is utter bollox , do you have any evidence that they have not requested all the help they can get. Show me a letter from UK government stating that neither of them have asked for any assistance or F*** off with your pathetic whines.
    malcolmg said:

RobD said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

FPT
    Sandpit said:

» show previous quotes

Your arse
    I believe it is utter bollox , do you have any evidence that they have not requested all the help they can get. Show me a letter from UK government stating that neither of them have asked for any assistance or F*** off with your pathetic whines.
    Er, shouldn't the onus be on you to demonstrate that they have already requested it and were rebuffed? You were the one saying it was bollocks.
  • BurgessianBurgessian Posts: 2,395
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

FPT
    Sandpit said:

» show previous quotes

Your arse
    LOL.
    IshmaelZ said:

Bad news round up

https://global247news.com/2021/01/18/almost-a-third-of-covid19-patients-back-in-hospital-after-five-months/

"Alarming figures have shown that almost one third of recovered coronavirus patients will be re-admitted to hospital within five months. With one in eight losing their fight for life.

Almost a third of COVID19 patients back in hospital after five months: The long term effects of severe coronavirus has been discovered in research by Leicester University and the Office for National Statistics (ONS). Which found that many people who have had severe symptoms can develop heart problems, chronic liver and kidney conditions and diabetes. Statistics show that out of the 47,780 people discharged from hospital during the first wave 29.4% had been re-admitted within 140 days with 12.3% of them dying."

https://abc7.com/los-angeles-cremation-covid-19-deaths-coronavirus-aqmd/9762002/

"LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The death rate during the COVID-19 pandemic is so high in Los Angeles County that an emergency order has been issued lifting environmental limits on the number of cremations that can be performed every month."

https://nypost.com/2021/01/18/new-covid-19-strain-is-found-in-california-as-state-nears-3-million-cases/

The first story needs to be explicit that it is hospitalised Covid patients, not those in the community. Being ill enough to be admitted to hospital is an important context on the story.
    malcolmg said:

RobD said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

FPT
    Sandpit said:

» show previous quotes

Your arse
    And seriously, telling posters to fuck off?
  • felixfelix Posts: 15,124
    edited January 2021
    malcolmg said:

ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

Yup I if I were you I'd refuse the UK vaccine and wait for the EU one - much safer and the right thing to do.
  • Biden will be shot before he has chance to visit any other countries. Reagan was only 2 months in before he took a bullet, with Biden the level of crazy is dialled all the way up to Spaceforce.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 3,853
    edited January 2021
    The seafood saga appears to be ongoing:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55638969

A shipment was delayed for 24 hours because someone filled in the country of origin as "UK" instead of "GB" and the vet insisted this was incorrect and rejected it.

Whilst I've no doubt there are real difficulties, that does read like a deliberate attempt to be awkward. For whatever reason...

IshmaelZ said:

Bad news round up

The first story needs to be explicit that it is hospitalised Covid patients, not those in the community. Being ill enough to be admitted to hospital is an important context on the story.
    Ah, that makes much more sense. It was easy to read it as saying that a third of patients recovered end up in the hospital later, whereas it’s actually a third of patients who were sick enough to end up in hospital in the first place end up having to go back later...
    felix said:

malcolmg said:

ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

Yup I if I were you I'd refuse the UK vaccine and wait for the EU one - much safer and the right thing to do.
    Hopefully when Malc goes to get his jab the needle and vaccine bottle have got Union Flags on them.
  • RobD said:

No, NI is the Demilitarised Zone. The EU is the Federation, we are the Cardassians. Arlene Forster is Quark.
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950
    Andy_JS said:

ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

If that is a serious question (we have discussed it many times on here) then no one really knows. There was a low number (around 50% I believe) bandied around but that was thought to be catching pre-existing cases. After 14-21 days the efficiency rose significantly to 80-90%.

But no one knows because no trial was designed, nor has one been carried out, to determine the answer.

How to Vaccinate the World is your friend here. Specifically, IIRC, this episode.
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,408

And people suggest she and her husband are not a good fit.
    edited January 2021
    HYUFD said:
    Being reported by whom? I could 'report' anything I like too :)

But seriously, good job, local people.

RobD said:

No, NI is the Demilitarised Zone. The EU is the Federation, we are the Cardassians. Arlene Forster is Quark.
    Then where's the badlands?
  • Scott_xP said:
    Surely lobbying for the survival of your industry is a definable business trip.
    edited January 2021

Biden will be shot before he has chance to visit any other countries. Reagan was only 2 months in before he took a bullet, with Biden the level of crazy is dialled all the way up to Spaceforce.

The security around a US President is now far more intense than it was under Reagan and certainly than under JFK. Biden will not be allowed out of the White House without a mini army and huge Secret Service and police escort around him and snipers on every roof.

Plus if Biden was assassinated you would get President Harris who is even worse from the perspective of a Trump supporter
    RobD said:

malcolmg said:

RobD said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

FPT
    Sandpit said:

» show previous quotes

Your arse
    Er, shouldn't the onus be on you to demonstrate that they have already requested it and were rebuffed? You were the one saying it was bollocks.
    Normal rules of engagement don't apply to malcy!
    edited January 2021
    malcolmg said:

RobD said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

FPT
    Sandpit said:

» show previous quotes

Your arse
    The person making the claim has the greater burden of proof.

Notably, it was predicted yesterday you'd reactexplosively to this story, albeit perhaps not in this precise way.
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,789
    MaxPB said:

felix said:

malcolmg said:

ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

Hopefully when Malc goes to get his jab the needle and vaccine bottle have got Union Flags on them.
    Is it true that the vaccines are infused with British spirit?
  • Trump to leave office in 2021 -- all the 1.01 has just been taken. Has there been any news?
    edited January 2021
    Sandpit said:

rcs1000 said:

Yes, and some places that have been slower with their rollout and supply have big orders for it, I believe, which should help their populations catch up enormously.
  • felix said:

malcolmg said:

ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

Swings and roundabouts innit

'UK now has highest Covid death rate in the world'

https://tinyurl.com/y32ktj7k

IshmaelZ said:

Bad news round up

However, even then it still points to Covid being a massive drain on the NHS right through this year.

RobD said:

No, if the EU is the federation then we're the Maquis. The EU is closer to the Borg though. Russia are the Orion syndicate.

felix said:

malcolmg said:

ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

Swings and roundabouts innit

'UK now has highest Covid death rate in the world'

https://tinyurl.com/y32ktj7k
    An instantaneous figure is surely not all that useful.
  • The seafood saga appears to be ongoing:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55638969

A shipment was delayed for 24 hours because someone filled in the country of origin as "UK" instead of "GB" and the vet insisted this was incorrect and rejected it.

Whilst I've no doubt there are real difficulties, that does read like a deliberate attempt to be awkward. For whatever reason...

Why? By dictat of OUR GOVERNMENT there is no UK from a Customs Perspective, just GB and a very separate NI. It isn't some foreigner making a deliberate attempt to be awkward, this is the system that we asked for.
    RobD said:

malcolmg said:

RobD said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

FPT
    Sandpit said:

» show previous quotes

Your arse
    And seriously, telling posters to fuck off?
    For someone not a mindless drone of a government and proud to be anti-establishment he sure does react with personal vehemence at any suggestion of criticism of it, I'd not defend my own father so emotionally.

(He doesn't deserve it, for a start)
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 24,587
    ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

It's not about the efficacy, its about the numbers vacinated before September. This is the politics of Covid now, and Johnson is winning the Covid PR battle hands down, a massive improvement from the Cummings era.

So what if we all need two shots this time next year because the first, single dose only programme didn't give us the required resistance? The PR war against Covid is won, and it has been won by the Conservative Party. BBC lunchtime news was all about vaccine numbers, nothing about hospitalisations and deaths, those stats are so 2020.
  • eekeek Posts: 24,797
    The G7 summit in June is in Cornwall and before Glasgow.
  • Not the least fault of the whole Trump shitshow is its overweening fcuking pettiness.

Would it be fair to say that nothing in his presidency became him like the leaving it?
  • RobD said:

RobD said:

Then where's the badlands?
    Crossmaglen?
  • HYUFD said:

Biden will be shot before he has chance to visit any other countries. Reagan was only 2 months in before he took a bullet, with Biden the level of crazy is dialled all the way up to Spaceforce.

The security around a US President is now far more intense than it was under Reagan and certainly than under JFK. Biden will not be allowed out of the White House without a mini army and huge Secret Service and police escort around him and snipers on every roof.

Plus if Biden was assassinated you would get President Harris who is even worse from the perspective of a Trump supporter
    Trump supporters are even crazier than you. I don't think that President Harris would phase them as they have a lot of bullets.

I don't want either of them assassinated. But the lunatic arrested at the weekend with a forged inauguration pass, guns and bullets shows the threat is clear.
This discussion has been closed.