Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

My bet that Trump won’t concede – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Nope, I have not idea where this supposed AZ district is.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,985

Nigelb said:

alex_ said:

Scott_xP said:
    Very easy to forget that at some point in the early 30s Hitler looked like a busted flush. He had already laid enough groundwork by then however to come back when conditions turned.

I fear for America and the World in 4 years time unless some sanity can return to the GOP. Because the groundwork will already be there. (and emboldened by the 'belief' that the Democrats have won an election on the back of fraudulent activity, even if they can't find the evidence, i wouldn't be confident that there won't be high scale discussions about how Republicans can't start putting in place 'hidden' fraud themselves...)

My mother grew up in nearby Danziug/Gdansk at the time, and her father worked in Berlin. The parallels are importamt to keep in mind but are not that close. Germany was riddled with paramilitary forces before Hitler took over, and the Nazi regime was able to incorporate and build on them. The Proud Boys and similar groups are trivial by comparison. The will to have a coup does seem to exist among some extreme Trumpists, but the infratructure for it really isn't there, and the pull to normal process is very strong and will I think roll Biden into the White House without very much trouble.

In 4 years, with Trump campaigning non-stop, his own TV channel, etc., and possibly sustained post-pandemic economic difficulty, that may be different.So the threat shouldn't be simply shrugged off. But it's probably not imminent.
    I'd tend to agree with that assessment, but with the proviso that a coup is not impossible at all.
    One route is the provocation of localised violence, and the deployment of military force to 'control' things. As you say, the pull to normal process is very strong, in the military too, but it is not hard to imagine possible scenarios which tip things the other way.
    Despite Trump having lost the election the left on PB now appear to be suffering from PTSD
    ... which causes them to want election results to stand.
    cant see why you would be nervous on that.

Biden has one the popular and has won the EC.

The rest is just you winding yourself up
    Spot on.
  • Options

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD
    Alister Jack was 'joking' when he ruled out indyref2 for 40 years

The Secretary of State for Scotland said he only mentioned the four decade wait for a new vote because the BBC journalist interviewing him had “raised an eyebrow”.
    Obviously had Govid20 on the blower remonstrating at him upsetting the applecart. Rough wooing indeed.

Well, HYUFD thoroughly approves of Henry VIII's approach to things anyway.
    If the government really wanted to get tough with the nationalists it could do what Beijing is doing this morning where it is removing legislators from the Hong Kong legislature for questioning Beijing's authority, or it could have done what Madrid did in Catalonia in 2017 where it refused to allow any independence referendum, suspended the Catalan Parliament and arrested Catalan nationalist leaders.

Nationalists should thank themselves lucky they have already had one independence vote and the government is merely saying it will not grant another one until a generation has elapsed
    For me there are two ways the government could go: 1) stick to its guns that there will be no further referendum until a generation has elapsed, or 2) commence work NOW with the Scottish government to agree a deal for Scotland in event that it splits away - and then put this deal to referendum.
    https://twitter.com/Macdhomhnaill2/status/1293304764093075456/photo/3

UK Gmt HQ in Edinbuirgh, for the third photo: note visual contribution to the Enlightenment architecture of Edinburgh.
    Did they design and build it themselves? Or just found a suitable office space that they could occupy.
    They built it themselves, right down to the massive sock-down-the-troosers Union flag plastered on the side of it.
    Really?

http://newwaverley.com/artisan-hands-over-uk-government-hub-at-new-waverley/
  • Options
    alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518

Nigelb said:

alex_ said:

Scott_xP said:
    Very easy to forget that at some point in the early 30s Hitler looked like a busted flush. He had already laid enough groundwork by then however to come back when conditions turned.

I fear for America and the World in 4 years time unless some sanity can return to the GOP. Because the groundwork will already be there. (and emboldened by the 'belief' that the Democrats have won an election on the back of fraudulent activity, even if they can't find the evidence, i wouldn't be confident that there won't be high scale discussions about how Republicans can't start putting in place 'hidden' fraud themselves...)

My mother grew up in nearby Danziug/Gdansk at the time, and her father worked in Berlin. The parallels are importamt to keep in mind but are not that close. Germany was riddled with paramilitary forces before Hitler took over, and the Nazi regime was able to incorporate and build on them. The Proud Boys and similar groups are trivial by comparison. The will to have a coup does seem to exist among some extreme Trumpists, but the infratructure for it really isn't there, and the pull to normal process is very strong and will I think roll Biden into the White House without very much trouble.

In 4 years, with Trump campaigning non-stop, his own TV channel, etc., and possibly sustained post-pandemic economic difficulty, that may be different.So the threat shouldn't be simply shrugged off. But it's probably not imminent.
    I'd tend to agree with that assessment, but with the proviso that a coup is not impossible at all.
    One route is the provocation of localised violence, and the deployment of military force to 'control' things. As you say, the pull to normal process is very strong, in the military too, but it is not hard to imagine possible scenarios which tip things the other way.
    Despite Trump having lost the election the left on PB now appear to be suffering from PTSD

The anger isn't necessarily about him possibly overturning the result. It is the damage he is doing in the meantime
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,396

Biden could shut this down by calling for a full audit of the votes in the disputed states.

If there is no fraud he will be totally vindicated and it will well and truly be the end of Trump.

There is nothing to shut down.

There are no disputed states.

Biden won. He is getting on with his transition preparations.

You can keep howling at the moon.
    Biden has no power over the process - he is just President Elect. Not actually President.

And even when President he will have no direct control of the electoral process. Just like Trump....
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,209

Biden could shut this down by calling for a full audit of the votes in the disputed states.

If there is no fraud he will be totally vindicated and it will well and truly be the end of Trump.

Or of course Trump & Co could accept the clear result of a clearly free and fair election.

This would also "shut it down" and tbf is what usually happens in a democracy.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,005

kamski said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

The Secretary of State for Scotland said he only mentioned the four decade wait for a new vote because the BBC journalist interviewing him had “raised an eyebrow”.
    Obviously had Govid20 on the blower remonstrating at him upsetting the applecart. Rough wooing indeed.

If the government really wanted to get tough with the nationalists it could do what Beijing is doing this morning where it is removing legislators from the Hong Kong legislature for questioning Beijing's authority, or it could have done what Madrid did in Catalonia in 2017 where it refused to allow any independence referendum, suspended the Catalan Parliament and arrested Catalan nationalist leaders.

Nationalists should thank themselves lucky they have already had one independence vote and the government is merely saying it will not grant another one until a generation has elapsed
    There's usually a wide range of differing opinions on this site, so I just want to do a quick reality check - is there anyone who doesn't think this kind of comment from HYUFD is completely out of order?
    It is the most revolting comment I have read on this site for some time. As a Scot it made me boil with rage, and my first reaction was to post something extremely intemperate. But once the red mist subsided I decided it was much more productive to store the rage for use later. It is also a useful reminder that the modern Tory party is not only an enemy of Scotland, but an enemy to democracy.
    HYUFD said:

kamski said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

There's usually a wide range of differing opinions on this site, so I just want to do a quick reality check - is there anyone who doesn't think this kind of comment from HYUFD is completely out of order?
    It is the most revolting comment I have read on this site for some time. As a Scot it made me boil with rage, and my first reaction was to post something extremely intemperate. But once the red mist subsided I decided it was much more productive to store the rage for use later. It is also a useful reminder that the modern Tory party is not only an enemy of Scotland, but an enemy to democracy.
    Scottish nationalists are determined to destroy my sovereign country, if you and them dislike their every whim not being conceded to tough and all to the good
    You're in the wrong party, sport..

'According to YouGov polling 20% of voters for the Conservative and Unionist Party would be pleased to see Scotland independent and 29% would not be bothered if it happened. A total of 49% are unfazed by the prospect of Scottish independence. Only a minority of Tory voters (48%) would be upset. That means Tories are more sympathetic to Scottish independence than the average voter. When asked how they would feel about Scotland leaving, only 15% of English people and 16% of Welsh people saying they would be pleased to see the back of Scotland.

Ironically, given the party leadership’s staunch pro-union stance, it is Tory voters who are the most likely to say they would be pleased for Scotland to break away (apart from SNP voters of course). 59% of Labour voters support the union…'

https://tinyurl.com/yyt42bct
    So 48% of Tory voters would be upset if Scotland left the Union and only 20% would be pleased, thanks for the confirmation.

However given the endless rants and whinging from nats like you it is no surprise a higher 49% of Tory voters would be upset if Northern Ireland left the Union with only 8% pleased and a much higher 59% of Tory voters would be upset if Wales left the Union and only 4% pleased

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2020/09/07/how-do-english-and-welsh-people-feel-about-scotlan
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

kamski said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

Scottish nationalists are determined to destroy my sovereign country, if you and them dislike their every whim not being conceded to tough and all to the good
    Why do you want to be in a union with a country you neither like nor understand?
    I have called out HYUFD multiple times for his obnoxious, even revolting views on this subject, and it is time these views were reported to CCHQ in view of his position in the party, as they are so divisive and do not represent the view of the vast majority of decent moderate conservatives

My wife and I have lived with the prospect of Scottish Independence for near the 80 years we have been on this planet and we have always been steadfastly pro the union but I expect, indeed support a second reference if the SNP receive a mandate next May, but do also support the concept of the referendum and a confirmatory referendum once the terms are agreed

I will also watch with great interest how Joe Biden reacts to the idea that Scotland may leave the Union
    Wrong, they are official party policy, ie 2014 was a once in a generation referendum, it is you by agreeing to give the SNP an independence referendum next year who are disagreeing with official policy as affirmed only a few days ago by the Secretary of State for Scotland that 2014 was a 'once in a generation' vote, though of course if Unionists can get a Holyrood majority next year that would be best of all
    What is wrong is your obnoxious attitude to this and by implication driving the very thing you say you do not want

You are a real threat to the union and indeed to sensible moderate conservatives who are ashamed by you
    Big G you aren't a Conservative. You want the current leader of the Conservative Party to stand down. At a later date.
    Anytime will be fine by me
    Relieved that you have seen the error of your ways.
    I have always been able to moderate my opinions and hence even voting for Blair but of course that was treason in HYUFD's eyes so I can no longer be a proper conservative. (in his warped view}
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,005
    Swing from Labour to the LDs and the Greens there then, Tories unchanged
  • Options
    FT has reported that £43billion has been spent on moonshot quick covid tests.

• Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,602

Any MP prepared to say "Yes, my constituents would just love to have one of these Rolls-Royce mini-nuclear reactors built here..."?

What technology are they using ?
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,746

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

For me there are two ways the government could go: 1) stick to its guns that there will be no further referendum until a generation has elapsed, or 2) commence work NOW with the Scottish government to agree a deal for Scotland in event that it splits away - and then put this deal to referendum.

UK Gmt HQ in Edinbuirgh, for the third photo: note visual contribution to the Enlightenment architecture of Edinburgh.
    Did they design and build it themselves? Or just found a suitable office space that they could occupy.
    They built it themselves, right down to the massive sock-down-the-troosers Union flag plastered on the side of it.
    Really?

"Had it built for them", no?
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Why ?
    That is an insane amount.
  • Options
    kjh said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

kamski said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

It’s not out of order, it’s short sighted, it displays arrogance and self belief beyond normal but it’s not offensive or factually incorrect.
    It is offensive and factually incorrect to suggest that SNP politicians could be arrested or have legislators arbitrarily removed.

HYUFD wants Sturgeon arrested for "sedition" except there is no law against sedition. Sedition is legal.

So factually incorrect. Can't be arrested for something that isn't against the law.
    Technically treason is against the law, with a maximum sentence of life in prison under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998
    Seeking independence isn't Treason though! I literally gave you the list of offences that are defined as Treason.

Attempting to murder Her Majesty: Treason
    Engaging Politics: Not Treason

Killing the Lord High Chancellor: Treason
    Taking part in elections: Not Treason
    Wikipedia says the last UK trial for treason was Lord Haw Haw in 1946.
    But he wasn't a UK csubject, was he, so it was a bit dodgy, no?
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    kinabalu said:

Or of course Trump & Co could accept the clear result of a clearly free and fair election.

Yes. The idea that the winner should give ground on this makes no sense. The loser concedes.

At this point Biden is well within his rights to go scorched earth on Trump supporters.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,754
    alex_ said:

Nigelb said:

alex_ said:

Scott_xP said:

The anger isn't necessarily about him possibly overturning the result. It is the damage he is doing in the meantime
    What damage ? He can huff and puff a bit but a new Prez always clears the Augean Stables. when he arrives. The only thing thats durable is the SC.

This is no different than the brainsless hysteria when Trump won in 2016 and otherwise sensible people were forecasting World War 3 or a Russian takeover of the USA or the removal of freedom from US citizens or etc....

Trump is a serial narcissist and as has been pointed out downstream , those bigging up his power are simply pandering to his ego.

Best ignore.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,745

Sounds astonishing. Theyd better bloody work, and add to effective response then.
  • Options
    The emails show that Susan Pompeo routinely gives instructions to State Department officials from her personal email address about everything from travel plans and restaurant reservations to the elite Madison Dinners that NBC News reported on in May.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/emails-show-how-pompeos-mixed-personal-official-business-n1245182
  • Options
    kjh said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

kamski said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

It’s not out of order, it’s short sighted, it displays arrogance and self belief beyond normal but it’s not offensive or factually incorrect.
    It is offensive and factually incorrect to suggest that SNP politicians could be arrested or have legislators arbitrarily removed.

HYUFD wants Sturgeon arrested for "sedition" except there is no law against sedition. Sedition is legal.

So factually incorrect. Can't be arrested for something that isn't against the law.
    Technically treason is against the law, with a maximum sentence of life in prison under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998
    Seeking independence isn't Treason though! I literally gave you the list of offences that are defined as Treason.

Attempting to murder Her Majesty: Treason
    Engaging Politics: Not Treason

Killing the Lord High Chancellor: Treason
    Taking part in elections: Not Treason
    Wikipedia says the last UK trial for treason was Lord Haw Haw in 1946.
    Most of what was once defined as Treason has now been abolished from that offence. Now it's pretty much just down to crimes against the monarch etc. Or literally fighting against the country.

Politics is neither. Sturgeon can't be arrested for treason or sedition as the former she hasn't done and the latter is legal.
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,913

alex_ said:

Alistair said:

Ronna McDaniel, Chair of the Republican National Committee (RNC), told FOX News commentator Sean Hannity that she has 234 pages containing 500 sworn affidavits alleging 11,000 incidents of various types of voter fraud.

Oh well, it's all over. Better cooly and objectively award this one to Trump.
    It is quite "amusing" (for want of a better and far more appropriate word) how many instinctive Trumpists on here seem to think that we should be impressed by claims of "evidence" of widespread fraud etc from hardcore Trump and GOP loyalists (in this case making the claims on Hannity's show no less - I'm sure he would have gone out of his way and an impartial journalist to challenge the validity of her evidence!)
    We've got to the point where 500 peoples' eye witness accounts don't actually count for anything if they benefit Trump.
    You certainly can't take them at face value.

For example the main allegation in Erie County Pennsylvania was retracted last night by the person that made it. For all we know all we have is 500 lying Trump supporters trying to do their bit for the liar-in-chief. .

Investigate them by all means but save your anger for if and when they are substantiated. Up till that point stop spreading Trumpton lies and misinformation as though they are facts.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967
    Nigelb said:

Why ?
    I don't think it has been spent yet.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Nigelb said:

Why ?
    Aren't we still in the pilot phase?

Might as well bung £50b to the WASPI women whilst they're at it.
  • Options
    alex_ said:

Nigelb said:

alex_ said:

Scott_xP said:

Exactly. The result will stand. Biden takes over on 20 Jan. So in that sense this will not work. I've piled on the 1.09.

But it will work to seed mass unrest and distrust in the democratic system. It's palpably dangerous and highly reprehensible. Anyone sanguine about it - or even worse supportive - has rather lost their way.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited November 2020

alex_ said:

Nigelb said:

alex_ said:

Scott_xP said:

What damage ? He can huff and puff a bit but a new Prez always clears the Augean Stables. when he arrives. The only thing thats durable is the SC.

This is no different than the brainsless hysteria when Trump won in 2016 and otherwise sensible people were forecasting World War 3 or a Russian takeover of the USA or the removal of freedom from US citizens or etc....

Trump is a serial narcissist and as has been pointed out downstream , those bigging up his power are simply pandering to his ego.

Best ignore.
    The concerning thing is the Senate. Trump has packed many institutions with extreme partisans and Biden can't clear the Augean stables if the GOP play silly buggers on confirmations which is Mitch's playbook.

In one way losing the Senate after 2 years would be much less concerning than never having it as you can get what you need to get done before the midterms.
  • Options

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

Did they design and build it themselves? Or just found a suitable office space that they could occupy
    Really?

Really.

Your own link:

"Flagship UK Government Hub in Edinburgh named ‘Queen Elizabeth House’

The new Hub, located near Waverley Station in the heart of Edinburgh, is a seven storey, 190,000 square feet, ultra-modern office space. It will bring together nearly 3,000 UK Government civil servants from a range of UK Government departments.The keys to the building were formally handed over to the UK Government on 13 June 2019, and staff will be begin moving in from Spring next year.

Mr Mundell said:

I am absolutely delighted that Her Majesty has agreed to the naming of the new UK Government Hub in Edinburgh as ‘Queen Elizabeth House’.

The Royal title is hugely fitting, given the Hub will be the focus of the UK Government’s work in Scotland, hosting 10 UK Government departments.

The building will contain a dedicated Cabinet room, the first of its kind outside of London, and I very much look forward to inviting the Cabinet to meet in the building once it is open for business.

I am very grateful to Her Majesty for acknowledging the importance of the building by conferring the Royal title.

The Hub will improve the work of the UK Government, helping it deliver better services for people across Scotland. It will enable closer collaboration between departments, smarter working, and use of the latest technology.

The Edinburgh Hub is a great example of the UK Government’s extensive support for the capital’s economy – which we are also driving through the ambitious Edinburgh and South East Scotland Growth Deal.

HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) is delivering the Edinburgh Hub on behalf of the UK Government, and will be the largest department based there when the first teams start to move in from April 2020.

Working with the Government Property Agency (GPA), HMRC has been at the cutting edge of delivering the UK Government’s Hub strategy and is playing a leading role on delivering this programme for the UK Government, enabling closer working between UK Government departments.

Departments to be located in the Edinburgh Hub include: HMRC, the Competition and Markets Authority, the Office of the Secretary of State for Scotland, the Office of the Advocate General for Scotland, the Office for Statistics Regulation, the Information Commissioner’s Office, the Health and Safety Executive, the Office for Statistics Regulation, the Government Actuary’s Department, the Cabinet Office and HM Treasury. It is due to open in March 2020 on a 25 year lease."
  • Options

OllyT said:

kamski said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:
    Biden looked doddery even then...... I'm really not sure he's going to make the distance,
    Trump was elected in 2016 because he wasn't Clinton.
    Biden was elected in 2020 because he wasn't Trump.
    And the big difference between Clinton and Biden?

Politically they were both top members of Obamas administration. If Biden had run in 2016 his program would have been similar to Clinton's.

Clinton probably has a better record than Biden, though for sure both can be criticised.

Scandals : Clinton used the Clinton private server for government emails - which broke rules and reflects badly on her, but nowhere near as bad as the (admittedly fairly run of the mill) Hunter Biden influence peddling.

Clinton was a bit younger.

So I'm wondering what the big disadvantage Clinton had as a candidate. Can't think of any other blindingly obvious differences between them.

Except for the obvious....
    Nobody trusted her ?
    and yet she still polled more votes than Trump
    but in all the wrong places

hardly her fault that one persons vote in one state is not equal to another person's vote in a different state in the great "democracy" of America.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

Really?

No.

It's part of a large development with flats, hotels, shops & offices which got planning permission in 2013.

The UK Govt announced it would lease the already planned office in 2017.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/regions/work-starts-edinburghs-ps200m-waverley-square-development-548692

So if you don't like the "award winning" scheme, blame the architects and [checks notes] Labour/SNP Council.
  • Options

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

The UK Government Hub is part of the award-winning New Waverley development delivered by Artisan Real Estate Investors. As well as the Hub, it includes three hotels, the Arches, shops and 150 homes, in a new quarter set round a public square. It is one of the UK’s most important city-centre regeneration sites, located in the World Heritage Site of Edinburgh’s Old Town. The area is also home to Edinburgh City Council, several international finance companies and the British Council.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/flagship-uk-government-hub-in-edinburgh-named-queen-elizabeth-house

http://newwaverley.com
    So they moved into new office space?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Sounds astonishing. Theyd better bloody work, and add to effective response then.
    Given the accuracy of the FT these days...

On one occasion they published a three sentence announcement, relating to a company I was working with. There was a major mistake in every single sentence. Not opinion - objective facts. Such as which bank was involved.

Someone couldn't even copy & pasta from a press release.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

alex_ said:

Nigelb said:

alex_ said:

Scott_xP said:

Exactly. The result will stand. Biden takes over on 20 Jan. So in that sense this will not work. I've piled on the 1.09.

But it will work to seed mass unrest and distrust in the democratic system. It's palpably dangerous and highly reprehensible. Anyone sanguine about it - or even worse supportive - has rather lost their way.
    Yes, I do agree on this point.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    alex_ said:

Nigelb said:

Why ?

Yeah, the article mentions a tender process. I guess this is a projection of how much will be or may be spent, rather than how much has already been spent.
  • Options
    OllyT said:

OllyT said:

kamski said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:
    Biden looked doddery even then...... I'm really not sure he's going to make the distance,

Politically they were both top members of Obamas administration. If Biden had run in 2016 his program would have been similar to Clinton's.

Clinton probably has a better record than Biden, though for sure both can be criticised.

Scandals : Clinton used the Clinton private server for government emails - which broke rules and reflects badly on her, but nowhere near as bad as the (admittedly fairly run of the mill) Hunter Biden influence peddling.

So I'm wondering what the big disadvantage Clinton had as a candidate. Can't think of any other blindingly obvious differences between them.

Nobody trusted her ?

hardly her fault that one persons vote in one state is not equal to another person's vote in a different state in the great "democracy" of America.
    You have to win with the system you have not the one you want. It is her responsibility as the candidate that for whatever reason she failed to win under that system.

But its fine margins - Biden looks set to win 4 states by less than a percent.
  • Options
    DruttDrutt Posts: 1,093

That's over £600 a throw, even assuming everyone in the country gets one eventually.

A single lat flow test bought online is £399 or less, without a seven-digit economy of scale.

Sounds like a good bit of business.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

The UK Government Hub is part of the award-winning New Waverley development delivered by Artisan Real Estate Investors. As well as the Hub, it includes three hotels, the Arches, shops and 150 homes, in a new quarter set round a public square. It is one of the UK’s most important city-centre regeneration sites, located in the World Heritage Site of Edinburgh’s Old Town. The area is also home to Edinburgh City Council, several international finance companies and the British Council.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/flagship-uk-government-hub-in-edinburgh-named-queen-elizabeth-house

Yep. In any case it was a Labour/SNP council which gave it planning permission.
  • Options

Carnyx said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

Really?

No.

It's part of a large development with flats, hotels, shops & offices which got planning permission in 2013.

The UK Govt announced it would lease the already planned office in 2017.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/regions/work-starts-edinburghs-ps200m-waverley-square-development-548692

So if you don't like the "award winning" scheme, blame the architects and [checks notes] Labour/SNP Council.
    No opinion re architecture. The colour scheme is a later addon - temporary therefore not covered by planning law, AIUI. But the reason I posted it was not to express an aesthetic view per se (other than the dissonance with Enlightenment Edinburgh) but because it indicates the mindset of tyhe UK Gmt and the likelihood of which of @Stocky 's options (or neither) it might pursue.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited November 2020
    OllyT said:

OllyT said:

kamski said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Nobody trusted her ?

Yes it is her fault.

She was born and grew up in the USA. She understands it's a federation of states and not a unitary state.

So she needed to campaign in the swing states but spent more time in California than Pennsylvania. Biden virtually camped himself in Pennsylvania.

The person who ignore PA lost it narrowly, the person who campaigned there won it. Entirely fair and within the rules.

Her fault she lost. She knew the rules.

Claiming Hillary should have won the Presidency in 2016 because she got more votes nationwide, ignoring the states results, is like saying Man City should have won last season as they scored more goals, ignoring the match results.
  • Options
    alex_ said:

Nigelb said:

Why ?

That's one area that so far they've shown backbone and hopefully will continue to do so.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

Colopur scheme was later.
  • Options

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

Did they design and build it themselves? Or just found a suitable office space that they could occupy
    Really?

Really.
    They agreed in 2017 to lease an office that had been given planning permission in 2013 by a Labour/SNP council

Take it up with them.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Drutt said:

That's over £600 a throw, even assuming everyone in the country gets one eventually.

A single lat flow test bought online is £399 or less, without a seven-digit economy of scale.

If I were to guess this is planning for the worst re: vaccines. In that situation they'd want everyone to be testing all the time. So it wouldn't be £600 a pop, because you'd be doing this a hundred times a year.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

OllyT said:

OllyT said:

kamski said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Nobody trusted her ?

You have to win with the system you have not the one you want. It is her responsibility as the candidate that for whatever reason she failed to win under that system.

States he campaigned in and she didn't.

He deserves his win. She deserved to lose.

Its just a shame her hubris led to Trump winning.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

So we've gone from "The UK government built a monstrous building" to "they put a flag in the window"?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited November 2020

1/3 of the annual budget of the NHS....surely that can't be right. Or is it the potential cost of running it for continuously for 1-2 years, if everybody getting a test every week.
  • Options
    OllyT said:

alex_ said:

Alistair said:

Ronna McDaniel, Chair of the Republican National Committee (RNC), told FOX News commentator Sean Hannity that she has 234 pages containing 500 sworn affidavits alleging 11,000 incidents of various types of voter fraud.

It is quite "amusing" (for want of a better and far more appropriate word) how many instinctive Trumpists on here seem to think that we should be impressed by claims of "evidence" of widespread fraud etc from hardcore Trump and GOP loyalists (in this case making the claims on Hannity's show no less - I'm sure he would have gone out of his way and an impartial journalist to challenge the validity of her evidence!)
    We've got to the point where 500 peoples' eye witness accounts don't actually count for anything if they benefit Trump.

For example the main allegation in Erie County Pennsylvania was retracted last night by the person that made it. For all we know all we have is 500 lying Trump supporters trying to do their bit for the liar-in-chief. .

Investigate them by all means but save your anger for if and when they are substantiated. Up till that point stop spreading Trumpton lies and misinformation as though they are facts.
    He hasn't recanted at all, see the video I posted down thread of him saying he hasn't, despite the FBI on tape threatening him.

Saying 500 people must be lying because they (possibly) support Trump is crazy, think about what you are saying. If you go down that road then no eye witnesses to anything can be used as an ulterior motive can always be found.

Most people on here believed quotes attributed to Trump about the military were true, despite being a completely anonymous source and not backed up by anyone who was confirmed to actually be there.

Now we have 500 people signing legal documents to confirm what they saw on election night and they are hand waved away without a second thought.
  • Options

kle4 said:

Given the accuracy of the FT these days...

On one occasion they published a three sentence announcement, relating to a company I was working with. There was a major mistake in every single sentence. Not opinion - objective facts. Such as which bank was involved.

Someone couldn't even copy & pasta from a press release.
    Copy & pasta is from their new cooking section.
  • Options

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

Really?

Really.
    They agreed in 2017 to lease an office that had been given planning permission in 2013 by a Labour/SNP council

Take it up with them.

Inj other words, the colour scheme did not have polanning permission.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Drutt said:

If I were to guess this is planning for the worst re: vaccines. In that situation they'd want everyone to be testing all the time. So it wouldn't be £600 a pop, because you'd be doing this a hundred times a year.
    The other thing to consider in this, is the extreme reaction to widespread testing in some quarters. Just google around - every time the idea of mass testing is mentioned, up pop people from PHE and elsewhere, who are nearly religiously opposed to it.
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    edited November 2020

Biden’s current lead over Trump:

Georgia - 10,621 votes
    Arizona - 17,131 votes
    Wisconsin - 20,539
    Nevada - 36,186 votes
    Pennsylvania - 45,063 votes
    Michigan - 147,896

Bush’s 2000 lead over Gore in Florida: 537 votes

... and Gore conceded.

And, to be fair, unconceded until all legal options were exhausted once it was known it would be that close.

But the main point is that no recount is going to overturn Biden's wins in any of the above. Only counting all the votes has any chance of overturning any of them (probably only AZ). So ultimately, all these challenges are pointless at best, and malevolent and dangerous if they are pretext for illegal actions to come.
  • Options

Carnyx said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

So we've gone from "The UK government built a monstrous building" to "they put a flag in the window"?

Carnyx said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

That (latter) is exacvtly what I said in the first place - but left the viewed to consider the nature of the flag in its wider urban environment and political context.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

Really?

Really.

Take it up with them.

The argument seems to have moved on a bit. I thought it was the architecture that you were complaining about?
  • Options
    Drutt said:

Wonder who got the contract?
  • Options
    RobD said:

Carnyx said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

Really?

Really.

Take it up with them.

The argument seems to have moved on a bit. I thought it was the architecture that you were complaining about?
    Not complaining but drawing attention to the flag and its implications. It was Ms Carla who thought it was about architecture and procurement.
  • Options

OllyT said:

alex_ said:

Alistair said:

He hasn't recanted at all, see the video I posted down thread of him saying he hasn't, despite the FBI on tape threatening him.

Saying 500 people must be lying because they (possibly) support Trump is crazy, think about what you are saying. If you go down that road then no eye witnesses to anything can be used as an ulterior motive can always be found.

Most people on here believed quotes attributed to Trump about the military were true, despite being a completely anonymous source and not backed up by anyone who was confirmed to actually be there.

Now we have 500 people signing legal documents to confirm what they saw on election night and they are hand waved away without a second thought.
    Of course they are because it's a pack of lies.

We have already had a dozen baseless cases with zero evidence thrown out. Simply screeching louder isn't evidence. Hearsay isn't evidence. Hearsay of hearsay of hearsay isn't evidence.

Evidence needs to be put forward or else it's total bullshit. You're just believing the lies because she want to. Just like the already dozen cases lost so far.
  • Options

OllyT said:

alex_ said:

Alistair said:

Have you got the details on who's lodged all this with the Supreme Court yet?
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

Really?

Really.

Take it up with them.

Not complaining but drawing attention to the flag and its implications. It was Ms Carla who thought it was about architecture and procurement.
    You said

"UK Gmt HQ in Edinbuirgh, for the third photo: note visual contribution to the Enlightenment architecture of Edinburgh."
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578
    kinabalu said:

Hillary could have done so in 2016 by saying the Russia claims were baseless but didn't.

As you said, this usually happens in a democracy so I am glad you recognise HRC was in the wrong back then.
  • Options
    kamskikamski Posts: 4,255
    kle4 said:

OllyT said:

OllyT said:

kamski said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Nobody trusted her ?

Indeed, the Republican lean in places like Pennsylvania and Wisconsin looks like it's going to be pretty much the same in 2020 as in 2016. So if the argument is that Clinton was rubbish because she underperformed in those states compared to nationally, as many have repeatedly claimed for 4 years, then Biden might be equally rubbish. At best you could argue he might have arrested the trend for those states to lean a bit more Republican as happened in the previous 2 elections, but once all the votes have been counted maybe not even that.
    FWIW Ohio looks like it's leaning even more Republican than last time.
  • Options
    Oh shit, they've made the pages of voter fraud public. Someone is reading them

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1326396217170026497

That's it, over turn the election right now!
  • Options

alex_ said:

Nigelb said:

alex_ said:

Scott_xP said:

Best ignore.
    I agree that ignoring him is optimal. It should have been the approach in 2015 when he announced his run. The absurdity of his presidency would then not have come to pass. But that horse has bolted. He's now a serious political force adored by a big chunk of the country. His power is real and we see him here using it in a way that is utterly toxic. That's a worry. It's a worry even if - like me - you are certain the election result will stand and he will be out on Jan 20th.
  • Options
    kamski said:

kle4 said:

OllyT said:

OllyT said:

kamski said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Nobody trusted her ?

Indeed, the Republican lean in places like Pennsylvania and Wisconsin looks like it's going to be pretty much the same in 2020 as in 2016. So if the argument is that Clinton was rubbish because she underperformed in those states compared to nationally, as many have repeatedly claimed for 4 years, then Biden might be equally rubbish. At best you could argue he might have arrested the trend for those states to lean a bit more Republican as happened in the previous 2 elections, but once all the votes have been counted maybe not even that.
    Clinton neglected the swing states and lost.
    Biden campaigned in the swing states and won.

How does that make Biden equally rubbish?
  • Options

OllyT said:

alex_ said:

Alistair said:

We have already had a dozen baseless cases with zero evidence thrown out. Simply screeching louder isn't evidence. Hearsay isn't evidence. Hearsay of hearsay of hearsay isn't evidence.

Evidence needs to be put forward or else it's total bullshit. You're just believing the lies because she want to. Just like the already dozen cases lost so far.
    Ok you know already that it is all lies, despite not knowing what the allegations are. Move along, nothing to see here.

Meanwhile the plebs aren't buying the narrative.
  • Options
    TimT said:

Georgia - 10,621 votes
    Arizona - 17,131 votes
    Wisconsin - 20,539
    Nevada - 36,186 votes
    Michigan - 147,896

... and Gore conceded.

And, to be fair, unconceded until all legal options were exhausted once it was known it would be that close.

But the main point is that no recount is going to overturn Biden's wins in any of the above. Only counting all the votes has any chance of overturning any of them (probably only AZ). So ultimately, all these challenges are pointless at best, and malevolent and dangerous if they are pretext for illegal actions to come.
    Biden lead over Trump has now shrunk to little more than 12K in AZ which is a big drop (relatively) in the past several hours.

As you said, he has the right to challenge, it is when it tips over to illegal behaviour that things become dangerous.
  • Options
    Military voting for Biden? Clear Fraud

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1326396394891079681
  • Options
    Given the PM is at Westminster Abbey (just gave a reading) he won't have any time for Prep before PMQs (if he does any)
  • Options
    MrEd said:

kinabalu said:

Hillary could have done so in 2016 by saying the Russia claims were baseless but didn't.

As you said, this usually happens in a democracy so I am glad you recognise HRC was in the wrong back then.
    https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/cyber/russian-interference-in-2016-u-s-elections
  • Options
    MrEd said:

TimT said:

Georgia - 10,621 votes
    Arizona - 17,131 votes
    Wisconsin - 20,539
    Nevada - 36,186 votes
    Michigan - 147,896

... and Gore conceded.

Biden lead over Trump has now shrunk to little more than 12K in AZ which is a big drop (relatively) in the past several hours.

As you said, he has the right to challenge, it is when it tips over to illegal behaviour that things become dangerous.
    Actually 12.8K in AZ but still a drop of a few thousand from where it was last night.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

OllyT said:

OllyT said:

kamski said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Nobody trusted her ?

I agree that that is the system and Clinton needed to win in the right states.

That doesn't alter the fact she got more votes than Trump in 2016 and I was pointing that out in response to Alanbrooke's assertion that "nobody trusted her".
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079
    MrEd said:

kinabalu said:

But the Russians *did* interfere with the 2016 election.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    edited November 2020
    kamski said:

kle4 said:

OllyT said:

OllyT said:

kamski said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Nobody trusted her ?

Still lots of votes to come in I think - NY CD 3 is currently going GOP - the deepest potential gain anywhere. But postals will Dem it I think.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Carnyx said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

Really?

Really.

Take it up with them.

You said

"UK Gmt HQ in Edinbuirgh, for the third photo: note visual contribution to the Enlightenment architecture of Edinburgh."
    I think the grievance had to be modified in the face of the facts (far from something you usually get!)
  • Options
    Oh, and shock surprise. It hasn't gone to court.

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1326424424220930054
  • Options
    edited November 2020

OllyT said:

alex_ said:

Alistair said:

I agree that one must not subvert the mechanisms and processes of a democratic country based on the rule of law. Nor should one, at this point, reflexively stoop to going after those signing affidavits. Rather, we should rely on the legal system to decide which of those statements are probatory for the purposes of deciding if their has been any election fraud and, if so, if it were on a scale sufficient to change the outcome of the election.

And if those signing the affidavits are shown to have made things up, they should then be charged with perjury; and if the lawyers bringing suit knew this, then the full weight of the law against those bringing frivolous suit should be used against them, to the point of lifelong disbarment.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

kinabalu said:

Yes. The idea that the winner should give ground on this makes no sense. The loser concedes.

At this point Biden is well within his rights to go scorched earth on Trump supporters.
    What do you mean by "go scorched earth" on Trumpers?

I viscerally like the sound of that but it's a sensitive situation.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    Alistair said:

Thank goodness.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

You'll have to have a word with HMG's pr guys, they seem to think they've 'delivered' it.

'HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) is delivering the Edinburgh Hub on behalf of the UK Government, and will be the largest department based there when the first teams start to move in from April 2020.'
  • Options

OllyT said:

alex_ said:

Alistair said:

Ok you know already that it is all lies, despite not knowing what the allegations are. Move along, nothing to see here.

It's been made public. You can read it rather than insinuate.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

deleted (accidental copy)
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

You'll have to have a word with HMG's pr guys, they seem to think they've 'delivered' it.

'HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) is delivering the Edinburgh Hub on behalf of the UK Government, and will be the largest department based there when the first teams start to move in from April 2020.'
    Well that is easily contradicted by the timeline of events. Once they decided to lease it I'm sure they worked closely on getting it ready to be occupied. That doesn't mean it was built by HMG.
  • Options

MrEd said:

kinabalu said:

But the Russians *did* interfere with the 2016 election.
    Like, there's the Mueller Report, the Senate Intelligence Committee Report and the tweets of the Trumps saying they totally setup meetings with Russians so they could do some colluding.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    RobD said:

Carnyx said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

Really?

Really.

Take it up with them.

You said

Ah, see what you mean, thanks. Ambiguity there. I didn't mean the architecture of the building itself, sorry.
  • Options

OllyT said:

alex_ said:

Alistair said:

I didn't say they were lying I said that for all we know they are lying. These are not people simply coming forward they are people being encouraged to make allegations by the Trump campaign.

I am happy to see the evidence and see how far they get in the courts. So far everything the Trump campaign has come up with has been thrown out by GOP and Dem judges alike.

I am unaware that the postal worker who lied about his allegations hasn't recanted - could you please provide a link to that. I can't see any video
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

Really?

Really.

Take it up with them.

You said

Ah, see what you mean, thanks. Ambiguity there. I didn't mean the architecture of the building itself, sorry.
    Now I see that myself. The building itself looks fine, if modern!
  • Options
    RobD said:

Carnyx said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

Really?

Really.

Take it up with them.

You said

It is an interesting "development", so to speak, politically - prime and expensive space in the Nor' Loch valley, between Holyrood Parliament and St Andrew House, with quick access to the SCS offices at Leith, as well as to London by air and rail.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    FT are talking bullshit, from their own link, this is one of the tenders...

https://bidstats.uk/tenders/2020/W45/738394145

This isn't specifically project moonshot, it is buying a massive array of equipment and services for the next 4 years, not just covid or rapid covid testing.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Nigelb said:

Why ?
    I don't think it has been spent yet.
    Still a ludicrous amount of money.
    Even if you were to assume the vaccines don’t work.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,672
    edited November 2020
    RobD said:

Carnyx said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

RobD said:

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

Really?

Really.

Take it up with them.

You said

Queen Elizabeth House, New Waverley Office wins the Innovation Award.
    The 265,000 ft2 commercial office was built on a former Brownfield site as part of a mixed-use scheme in Edinburgh’s UNESCO World Heritage area. Six floors of office space are split over two buildings, linked on three levels by a large fully glazed ‘bridge’. The judges felt unanimously that Queen Elizabeth House was a worthy winner of the Innovation Award, not only because of its commercial success in attracting a dedicated single occupier, but also due to the undeniable contribution that QEH makes as the cornerstone of the New Waverley Quarter.

https://theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2020/10/three-edinburgh-buildings-named-in-awards-for-scotlands-best-workplaces/
  • Options
    Not only England struggling with Track n'Trace:

https://twitter.com/ChrisMusson/status/1326485491919753216?s=20
  • Options

OllyT said:

alex_ said:

Alistair said:

It's boy who cried wolf syndrome. Once a dozen cases have already been dismissed as baseless why wouldn't we assume the next one by the same people is equally baseless.

What reason do you have to think they're not baseless?
  • Options
    MrEd said:

MrEd said:

TimT said:

Georgia - 10,621 votes
    Arizona - 17,131 votes
    Wisconsin - 20,539
    Nevada - 36,186 votes
    Michigan - 147,896

... and Gore conceded.

Actually 12.8K in AZ but still a drop of a few thousand from where it was last night.
    Having burned up a lot of uncounted votes though – Trump was nowhere near the ratio he needed so the overnight returns were very good news for Biden.
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited November 2020
    The distance that Fox News and Murdoch are putting in from Trump's fraud claims now might turn out to be crucial. He is the Fox President, and other outlets can't really replace it for him, or have anything like its reach among his core supporters.

Who would have thought Murdoch might save democracy, having done so much to damage it.
  • Options

OllyT said:

alex_ said:

Alistair said:

It's crazy. Ill believe Trump when evidence backs him up, I care more about electoral processes than the victor, but 'lots of people say it' is not evidence in itself.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Not only England struggling with Track n'Trace:

https://twitter.com/ChrisMusson/status/1326485491919753216?s=20

Funny how the media don't seem very interested in other European countries performance during this second wave....the fact Germany said they can't track 75% of cases, not important for any context on just how much of an impossible job manual track and trace is. How many cases, how many tests etc compared to the UK rarely gets much of a mention these days.
  • Options
    OllyT said:

OllyT said:

alex_ said:

Alistair said:

I didn't say they were lying I said that for all we know they are lying. These are not people simply coming forward they are people being encouraged to make allegations by the Trump campaign.

I am happy to see the evidence and see how far they get in the courts. So far everything the Trump campaign has come up with has been thrown out by GOP and Dem judges alike.

I am unaware that the postal worker who lied about his allegations hasn't recanted - could you please provide a link to that. I can't see any video
    https://www.goerie.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/11/10/only-2-late-ballots-postmarked-nov-3-came-erie-postal-facility/6230622002/
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Alistair said:

Thank goodness.
    Calling America's war dead "losers" is unpopular with the military. Who knew?
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Yet it's wrong to be suspicious of the accusations sans proof, for some reason.
  • Options

FT are talking bullshit, from their own link, this is one of the tenders...

https://bidstats.uk/tenders/2020/W45/738394145

This isn't specifically project moonshot, it is buying a massive array of equipment and services for the next 4 years, not just covid or rapid covid testing.

Twitter FT bollocks?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

kamski said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

One for HYFUD

Settle down HYUFD, when we become independent in the next few years you will still live in a largely unchanged England and I will live in a Scotland free to make its own arrangements with the EU and no longer hosting UK nuclear weapons 30 miles from our biggest city. We will still trade with each other and go on holiday in each other's countries. Your "sovereign country" will not be destroyed so don't be so apocalyptic.
  • Options

OllyT said:

alex_ said:

Alistair said:

I'm confused - is the aim to convince the 'plebs' or the (Supreme) Court.

• Options

OllyT said:

OllyT said:

kamski said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Nobody trusted her ?

Yes it is her fault.

She was born and grew up in the USA. She understands it's a federation of states and not a unitary state.

So she needed to campaign in the swing states but spent more time in California than Pennsylvania. Biden virtually camped himself in Pennsylvania.

The person who ignore PA lost it narrowly, the person who campaigned there won it. Entirely fair and within the rules.

Her fault she lost. She knew the rules.

Claiming Hillary should have won the Presidency in 2016 because she got more votes nationwide, ignoring the states results, is like saying Man City should have won last season as they scored more goals, ignoring the match results.
    Not just more goals. A better goal difference too. Doesn't technically matter, as you say, but it is nice if the champions are top on those stats too. Goals are very important in football. Indeed it's hard to imagine the game without them.
This discussion has been closed.