Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

As the counts continue it’s looking pretty certain that Biden will be heading for the White House –

Comments

• Options

MaxPB said:

alex_ said:

It's going to be a big test of Johnson seeing if he will congratulate Biden whilst Trump continues to rail and refuse to concede...

Nah, Boris isn't stupid. As soon as Biden is across the line the phonecall will be scheduled and it will be a race to be ahead of Macron, Merkel and the new Japanese PM.
    Johnson and Biden have never met. Biden won't be in a hurry to alter that. Johnson will be made to wait his turn.

Biden values the Northern Ireland peace process above all else in dealing with the UK for which he will have huge support in the Senate.
    Biden and Clegg are friends, maybe Nick can put in a good word for Boris?
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    IanB2 said:

Scott_xP said:
    But they are hanging on Gwyneth County GA
    And isn't that expected to go 70/30 Biden?
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,916

Haha what?!

Why would I be hurting, or Trump be "my man"? I don't think I commented on the US election at all beforehand, because I have no real interest in it. Proof of that would be that today was the first time I had seen those videos of Biden touching those young girls

I wanted Trump to win ,maybe in the way I'd like a team to win in a football match between two teams I don't support, but no more than that; there's no need to waste your fake sincerity on me.

So I am not hurting, he is not my man, and its not one that got away either. Apart from that well done!
  • Options
    LAB - 303
    CON - 257
    SNP - 58
    LD - 7
    PC - 5
    GRN - 1

On latest YouGov, my preferred result.
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    The wheels are in motion ready for the change regardless of what Trump says or does, the component parts know what to do as the presidential powers are ready to be moved. They may have to take Trump out the back door and point out that sedition and effectively insurrection will cost him a life time in jail. He will go quietly in a few days time.
  • Options
    nico679nico679 Posts: 4,790
    Absolutely exhausted after being totally consumed by the US election . Overjoyed now that Biden is going to be the next President but the sad reality is that nearly 70 million Americans voted for the most despicable politician of recent history , a psychopath without a shred of humanity .
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,263
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

DavidL said:

At the moment Biden's winning margin in California is greater than his winning margin across the country as a whole or, to put it another way, outside California Trump has won more votes than Biden.

Doesn't matter of course but interesting all the same. I wonder how many Republicans in California don't bother to vote for the Presidency.

Yes, excluding California Trump would have won the national popular vote and the EC in both 2016 and 2020, it is very much California that will have put Biden over the top
    You are just becoming ridiculous and are demeaning yourself and your stature on this site. We all get things wrong. Admit it (at least to yourself), learn, get over it and move on.
    Nobody on here admitted they got a Biden landslide wrong bar a few honourable exceptions like Peter the Punter and Anobazina so I am damned if I am going to say I was wrong because it was a slightly larger Biden win than the neck and neck result I forecast, I may not have got it spot on but I was not miles out is all I will say
    You weren’t wrong because other people were more wrong??????????
  • Options
    2024 will be possibly, the mirror of 2010.
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,718
    kjh said:

Stocky said:

kjh said:

Stocky said:

@kinabalu FPT

I`ve been looking into beekeeping too. The thing that puts me off is that there`s a lot to learn and I`m not interested in the honey (too many calories ruin the figure).

As a first step, I`ve tried a bumble bee box (which is great except wax moths are a nuisance). You get sent a bunch of bees every spring. And I`ve now alighted on the joys of "keeping" solitary bees. Check out the link below:

https://nurturing-nature.co.uk/product/award-winning-solitary-bee-observation-nest-box/

I have about 50 solitary bee cocoons (Red Masons) this year which I am overwintering for release in April.

The Nurturing Nature website is run by George Pilkington, a biologist. He`s really helpful - very approachable. I recommend his website highly.

I have several solitary bee homes. They are fantastic to watch in the summer sunshine. Such activity. Lots of variety in size and whether using mud or leaves to seal the holes. And you can get right up to them to watch.

Had a small invasion of masonry bee's in the house but just let them crawl on to my hand and blew them out of the door.
    I have two units for the fancy bee box that I provided a link to. The spring unit is for red masons and the summer unit for the leafcutter bees. There are approx 200 species of solitary bee in the UK.
    They look impressive. Impressive price as well! I just have simple ones hanging from my walls plus sometime ago I built a mammal house using old pallets and filled with various attractive stuff for mammals to nest in (see internet) As part of that I included several logs with various sized holes drilled in them for the bees.
    The regular boxes are OK - but they must be taken apart and cleaned every year.

Best practice is to take them apart and remove cocoons every October. Then clean the cocoons of lice, and store in a margarine tub or something with holes in the top. Store in a fridge or cold barn then remove lid in April and they will hatch and fly off. You can see them hatching if you are lucky.

Many will die in the boxes if you don`t remove the cocoons. that`s because many will be predated and some die of lice infection. If a bee dies at the opening of a hole all those behind it will also die because they can`t get out.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,120
    Mal557 said:

FOX DROPPING TRUMP LIKE A STONE

It's all over guys.

It's all over.

I think the crap hes been spewing both in the presser and on twitter is really alienating a lot of Rs, not only does he sound childish and having temper tantrums but he is clearly for all to see showing how he puts his own selfish interests before his country and disrespecting the cornerstone of US democracy. Its pathetic, I'm sorry
    I hope he carries right on with it, until he's left completely alone, purple-faced and screaming at the world.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Biden has re-built the blue wall.

Keir, you're up next!

No comparison I’m afraid the Labour Party still has the likes of RLB and others in it, until the they are gone labour will get nowhere.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,850

CNN seem to be warming up towards a declaration here.

Decision Desk guy on live now.

Someone needs to go first. They have been saying literally for *days* on CNN that Biden will carry off the remaining PA vote tally. So get on with it guys!

Or is there going to be a Tapper / Cooper / Blitzer fight offstage as to who gets to announce it...
    I'd like John King to strike the final blow!!
    11 out of 10 to John King

0 out of 10 for "He looks like an Obese Turtle on his back who knows its over" bloke whatever his name is.
  • Options

A new dawn has broken, has it not?

Hopefully the hand of history isn’t on your shoulder?
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038

My take is only likely free recount will be GA

PA/WI/AZ/NV all too wide a margin

Trumpians may have deep pockets I am all for emptying them if they wish to fight a futile fight,

Will they ever pay the bill for a recount? Trump and his companies have a record of not paying bills.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

DavidL said:

At the moment Biden's winning margin in California is greater than his winning margin across the country as a whole or, to put it another way, outside California Trump has won more votes than Biden.

Doesn't matter of course but interesting all the same. I wonder how many Republicans in California don't bother to vote for the Presidency.

Yes, excluding California Trump would have won the national popular vote and the EC in both 2016 and 2020, it is very much California that will have put Biden over the top
    You are just becoming ridiculous and are demeaning yourself and your stature on this site. We all get things wrong. Admit it (at least to yourself), learn, get over it and move on.
    Nobody on here admitted they got a Biden landslide wrong bar a few honourable exceptions like Peter the Punter and Anobazina so I am damned if I am going to say I was wrong because it was a slightly larger Biden win than the neck and neck result I forecast, I may not have got it spot on but I was not miles out is all I will say
    You weren’t wrong because other people were more wrong??????????
    That might hold some water if the people who were more wrong weren't ripping the piss out of the person who was less wrong!
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

To put it in a way that GOPers may understand: All votes matter!

I wouldn't go that far, all legal votes matter. Postal votes are legal so they matter.

I still don't understand Trump's tirade against postal voting, it's cost him Georgia, AZ, and possibly PA too.

Discouraging people from voting seems like such a stupid strategy to win an election.
    Postal voting is open to fraud. The other side is evil, and so must be committing PV fraud.

We see the same sort of thing here every couple of years:-
    New Tory hack MP: shut down postal votes because Labour cheats.
    CCHQ: shut up you berk; most PVs are Conservative, especially oldies and ex-pats.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Betfair still thinks Trump has a 4-5% chance of winning, by the way.
  • Options
    Chris said:

Betfair still think Trump has a 4-5% chance of winning, by the way.

I think that`s uncertainty over legal challenges.
  • Options
    When you look at things in the key swing states the margins were small . This could so easily have seen Biden winning the popular vote by a huge margin and still not becoming President . Thankfully that didn’t happen !
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,965
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

DavidL said:

For crying out loud – I did not forecast a Biden landslide or a landslide for anyone.

I forecast a NARROW TRUMP WIN (278) which admittedly I got very badly wrong, losing quite a lot of money (by my standards) in the process!
  • Options
    Mal557Mal557 Posts: 662
    nico679 said:

Absolutely exhausted after being totally consumed by the US election . Overjoyed now that Biden is going to be the next President but the sad reality is that nearly 70 million Americans voted for the most despicable politician of recent history , a psychopath without a shred of humanity .

It's a point though I think you arent being fair to the millions and millions who voted for the policies and the R party and not the man. He inspired a lot to vote, more than he did last time but dont think 67 million voters are all Trump zealots, milllions and millions will be dissapointed but accept the result and probably reflect as will senior Republicans. We kept the senate (unless the GA recounts in Jan go badly) did well in the House and Trump is gone. So dont be too hard on millions of R voters, in the same way many many labour voters were not Corbynites in 2017/19
  • Options
    nichomar said:

Keir, you're up next!

No comparison I’m afraid the Labour Party still has the likes of RLB and others in it, until the they are gone labour will get nowhere.
    They are marginalised and irrelevant. Starmer is Biden.
  • Options

LAB - 303
    CON - 257
    SNP - 58
    LD - 7
    PC - 5
    GRN - 1

You want Lab to have to reply on the SNP?
  • Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688

Someone needs to go first. They have been saying literally for *days* on CNN that Biden will carry off the remaining PA vote tally. So get on with it guys!

Or is there going to be a Tapper / Cooper / Blitzer fight offstage as to who gets to announce it...

0 out of 10 for "He looks like an Obese Turtle on his back who knows its over" bloke whatever his name is.
    I owe John King.

Although CNN were terrible in missing the difference between on the day and mail in votes, he pointed to the Florida swings in the suburbs. They were in the order of 5% or more from Clinton.

'To win the Presidency you have to win the suburbs,' King said in the early hours.

And it was that which led me to bet at the apparent low point.
  • Options

Anderson Cooper. By all accounts a good anchorman
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

DavidL said:

For crying out loud – I did not forecast a Biden landslide or a landslide for anyone.

I forecast a NARROW TRUMP WIN (278) which admittedly I got very badly wrong, losing quite a lot of money (by my standards) in the process!
    Confusing you with MysticRose I think
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    isam said:

Haha what?!

Why would I be hurting, or Trump be "my man"? I don't think I commented on the US election at all beforehand, because I have no real interest in it. Proof of that would be that today was the first time I had seen those videos of Biden touching those young girls

I wanted Trump to win ,maybe in the way I'd like a team to win in a football match between two teams I don't support, but no more than that; there's no need to waste your fake sincerity on me.

So I am not hurting, he is not my man, and its not one that got away either. Apart from that well done!

1.01!
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,678
    Stocky said:

kjh said:

Stocky said:

@kinabalu FPT

I`ve been looking into beekeeping too. The thing that puts me off is that there`s a lot to learn and I`m not interested in the honey (too many calories ruin the figure).

As a first step, I`ve tried a bumble bee box (which is great except wax moths are a nuisance). You get sent a bunch of bees every spring. And I`ve now alighted on the joys of "keeping" solitary bees. Check out the link below:

https://nurturing-nature.co.uk/product/award-winning-solitary-bee-observation-nest-box/

I have about 50 solitary bee cocoons (Red Masons) this year which I am overwintering for release in April.

The Nurturing Nature website is run by George Pilkington, a biologist. He`s really helpful - very approachable. I recommend his website highly.

I have several solitary bee homes. They are fantastic to watch in the summer sunshine. Such activity. Lots of variety in size and whether using mud or leaves to seal the holes. And you can get right up to them to watch.

Had a small invasion of masonry bee's in the house but just let them crawl on to my hand and blew them out of the door.
    I have two units for the fancy bee box that I provided a link to. The spring unit is for red masons and the summer unit for the leafcutter bees. There are approx 200 species of solitary bee in the UK.
    What a nice positive discussion for a Friday afternoon - especially after this week.
  • Options
    TimT said:

IanB2 said:

Scott_xP said:
    But they are hanging on Gwyneth County GA
    And isn't that expected to go 70/30 Biden?
    At least on Postal Votes.

No path back in GA on postals 4k to 5k lead by the end of those

A remote as in a bridge to the moon remote that Absentees and Military might pull it back a 100/1+ shot IMO
  • Options
    Watching this is reminding me of the Tuesday after the 2010 General Election. Yes, on paper there is still a route for the incumbent to stay in office. But as the final day opens the end seems pretty obvious to everyone and the wheels for the transition get put into motion despite no declaration being made.

The difference of course is that it was Brown pushing the agenda at the end, wanting to resign and make a dignified exit. On the contrary nobody knows what Trump will say or do other than knowing it won't be accepting or dignified.
  • Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

kjh said:

Stocky said:

@kinabalu FPT

What a nice positive discussion for a Friday afternoon - especially after this week.
    Hear hear
  • Options
    Stocky said:

Chris said:

Betfair still think Trump has a 4-5% chance of winning, by the way.

I think that`s uncertainty over legal challenges.
    Does that make it any more reasonable, though?
  • Options
    Just imagine if Meghan Wales and Harry Wales had done this?

An advert for a coronavirus "passport" app, which has been promoted by Zara Tindall, has been referred to the medical regulator over concerns it contradicts health guidance.

The V-Health Passport allows Covid test results to be uploaded to a phone - meaning people can demonstrate they are safe to attend sports and other events.

But in an ad to promote it, Mrs Tindall is shown having an antibody test.

Government guidance says these tests do not show if you currently have Covid.

VST Enterprises, which owns the app, said the particular antibody test featured in its video was used for "illustrative purposes". It said it was correct that antibody tests are usually only used to identify previous infection.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54827965
  • Options
  • Options
    GaussianGaussian Posts: 793

LAB - 303
    CON - 257
    SNP - 58
    LD - 7
    PC - 5
    GRN - 1

Probably the best they can hope for? Only SNP abstention required on those numbers, which they are committed to for non-Scottish matters anyway.
  • Options
    JACK_WJACK_W Posts: 651
    Biden has gone past Tier 270 ....
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    They just got the call from Rupert 'you called AZ early and ticked him off, you're FIRED'
  • Options
    It's not MAGA but PA, GA.
  • Options
    Seconds later they dropped their man like a stone and started trashing the garbage he has been coming out with.
  • Options
    kjh said:

Stocky said:

@kinabalu FPT

Sasha Swire's Diary of an MP's Wife includes a lot about beekeeping and honey.
    https://www.ft.com/content/574c78b5-1ef3-4cd5-a7b7-1996a51209e3
  • Options

nichomar said:

Keir, you're up next!

Whilst they remain in the party and Len holds the purse strings the public when it comes to actually vote will not risk it
  • Options
    So, it's looking like 306. Amongst the pundits, Larry Sabato and our own Jack_W did well, although both had NC in (probably) the wrong column:

Sabato: 321 FL,TX,OH,IA,ME-02 lean Trump, GA,NC,PA,AZ,NE-02 lean Biden
    Jack_W: 322 FL,TX,OH,IA Trump, GA,NC,PA,AZ NE-02 ME-02 Biden. FL very close.

Amongst the statistical modellers, all were over-bullish on Biden to different (and in some cases extreme) degrees. However, both 538 and the Economist models had 306 as well within the range of fairly likely outcomes, so they didn't do too badly. We'll gloss over the YouGov MRP...

Perhaps Decision Desk HQ (which got very little attention) did best, in the sense that their central prediction was fairly close at 317, and with a margin of error which wasn't so large as to make the prediction meaningless. One to remember next time.
  • Options
    JACK_W said:

Good afternoon sir.

How is your ARSE looking at this very moment in our shared nations' history?
  • Options
    SelebianSelebian Posts: 7,431
    edited November 2020

Keir, you're up next!

To rebuild the blue wall? :worried: That was Corbyn's job, admirably done.
  • Options

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

kjh said:

Stocky said:

@kinabalu FPT

Hear hear
    Buzzing!
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Carnyx said:

Stocky said:

kjh said:

Stocky said:

@kinabalu FPT

Hear hear
    Quite. I'm a member of the Bumblebee edit: Conservation Trust myself - chaotic front garden full of flowers and bumblebees all spring and summer. But haven't done anything about nests etc. Ought to look at this in view of our colleagues' comments.
  • Options
    isam said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

DavidL said:

Mystic defo forecast a landslide.

Maybe after predicting a Corbyn surge she might rethink her username?
  • Options
    Mal557 said:

nico679 said:

It's a point though I think you arent being fair to the millions and millions who voted for the policies and the R party and not the man. He inspired a lot to vote, more than he did last time but dont think 67 million voters are all Trump zealots, milllions and millions will be dissapointed but accept the result and probably reflect as will senior Republicans. We kept the senate (unless the GA recounts in Jan go badly) did well in the House and Trump is gone. So dont be too hard on millions of R voters, in the same way many many labour voters were not Corbynites in 2017/19
    Although I was bitterly disappointed when Bush Jnr won he wasn’t a psychopath and for all his faults looks like Mother Theresa compared to Trump . Trump has destroyed the US reputation abroad and is currently undertaking a scorched earth policy . He has further polarized the country and has got Americans turning on each other which is tragic . Whether the GOP will move away from the politics of division under Trump only time will tell , I sincerely hope some sanity will return to US politics .
  • Options
    I don't know the answer to this, but is this the biggest gap between first run for the Presidency and actually winning it?

I mean Biden first ran for President in 1988 when Mrs Thatcher was PM and my age was still in single figures.
  • Options

Awful comment though

Not many on here detest Trump more than me on here but thought the comment was disgusting.

If I was in charge of CNN I would have docked him a months pay.

Until that moment I knew CNN were blue but Professional,

I am sure there are many equivakent disgusting things said on FOX but I thought CNN were batter than that
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

This is exactly what I was saying last night.

The idea that he can cling on is sheer fantasy.

His lifeforce has gone.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,962

I don't know the answer to this, but is this the biggest gap between first run for the Presidency and actually winning it?

I mean Biden first ran for President in 1988 when Mrs Thatcher was PM and my age was still in single figures.

I know he was the youngest candidate for president then, and now the oldest.
  • Options
    CiceroCicero Posts: 2,212
    Gaussian said:

LAB - 303
    CON - 257
    SNP - 58
    LD - 7
    PC - 5
    GRN - 1

Probably the best they can hope for? Only SNP abstention required on those numbers, which they are committed to for non-Scottish matters anyway.
    The SNP is not is great shape. The internal bickering is now really messy and will get a lot worse. After the rogue poll the latest indy poll is back under 50%... so its not impossible that they do not make the break through they expect in May... in fact they may go backwards,
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,986

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

DavidL said:

Yes apologies
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,962

Awful comment though

Not many on here detest Trump more than me on here but thought the comment was disgusting.

If I was in charge of CNN I would have docked him a months pay.

Until that moment I knew CNN were blue but Professional,

I am sure there are many equivakent disgusting things said on FOX but I thought CNN were batter than that
    CNN have been as partisan as Fox for ages now.
  • Options

That's Jake Tapper , hes incredibly annoying, he also was the one who way before it was sure Biden will win twice said 'lets give Trump Arizona for giggles' Maybe he will be right about the result but was pretty childish, CNN are anti Trump we know but he is just,,,,ridiculous sometimes
  • Options
    nichomar said:

nichomar said:

Keir, you're up next!

Whilst they remain in the party and Len holds the purse strings the public when it comes to actually vote will not risk it
    Len will be gone soon.
  • Options
    Mal557 said:

They just got the call from Rupert 'you called AZ early and ticked him off, you're FIRED'
    They are still holding out on calling anything and pumping out wall to wall discussion of the lawsuits about fraud
  • Options
    Its a shame we don't have a 'likes' system for thread headers.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,150
    nichomar said:

nichomar said:

Keir, you're up next!

Len may hold the purse strings, but he isn't giving any of "his" money to any pink Tory that could win an election.
  • Options

So, it's looking like 306. Amongst the pundits, Larry Sabato and our own Jack_W did well, although both had NC in (probably) the wrong column:

Amongst the statistical modellers, all were over-bullish on Biden to different (and in some cases extreme) degrees. However, both 538 and the Economist models had 306 as well within the range of fairly likely outcomes, so they didn't do too badly. We'll gloss over the YouGov MRP...

Perhaps Decision Desk HQ (which got very little attention) did best, in the sense that their central prediction was fairly close at 317, and with a margin of error which wasn't so large as to make the prediction meaningless. One to remember next time.

@OnlyLivingBoy on here forecast 306 – albeit with a slightly different mix of states.

I think it's a toss-up between him and @JackW in terms of who is PB Pundit Potus2020.
  • Options
    Voting for SNP constituency Holyrood selections closed today at midday. Results could come after 4pm.
  • Options
    JACK_WJACK_W Posts: 651

JACK_W said:

Good afternoon sir.

Very pert .. :blush:
  • Options

JACK_W said:

Good afternoon sir.

Jack was superbly professional on his return, posting polls along with their capability ratings, no attempt to justify or rubbish them, just facts without favor, many could learn from his approach. He obviously has good connections well done from me.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

isam said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

DavidL said:

Mysticmeg? What was her record like in comparison
  • Options
    It is still completely unclear how many votes are left to count in Penn. The official website that tracks them sis stuck on 163,501 and has been for hours and clearly it is not that figure as more and more votes keep being reported.
  • Options
    kamskikamski Posts: 4,245

Keir, you're up next!

On the contrary, the fact that the key midwest states (and Florida) continue to lean more R than the country show that the former "blue wall" remains something of a red wall
  • Options
    Mal557 said:

That's Jake Tapper , hes incredibly annoying, he also was the one who way before it was sure Biden will win twice said 'lets give Trump Arizona for giggles' Maybe he will be right about the result but was pretty childish, CNN are anti Trump we know but he is just,,,,ridiculous sometimes
    No it was Anderson Cooper just looked on Google
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

DavidL said:

Yes apologies
    No worries – you were right in your central point that I was badly wrong (albeit in the other direction!!)
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited November 2020
    After Trump's outbursts and reported going mental at Rupert Murdoch, he has gone from probably spinning his presidency into the top rated show on Fox News and perhaps one of Team Trump being able to have another go in 2024, to more likely being on the InfoWars network having to read ads for overpriced supplements and survival kits and having all his social media permanently banned.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,986

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

DavidL said:

I did think he might get a landslide but if you recall, on many many occasions thatI said I didn't think buying him at 311 represented good value. The real acid test is what people do with their money. I made some mistakes: Barbara Bollier was the worst. Statewide Florida too. Otherwise it has been a good election for me and buying at 262 ECVs in the early hours of election night, against the trend and the market, has turned into one of my most profitable ever bets.

My view was that Biden would win comfortably. He has. It only doesn't look that way because of the way the votes have been counted but he will have won a clear outright victory with over 300 ECVs to c. 230 and a good 5% national lead.

The other thing that took the shine slightly off Biden's thrilling success is that Republican senators outperformed Trump. Quite something for a sitting President and, though I need to test this theory, unusual I believe. I'd love to know how often it has happened. It's usually the other way around.

Trump was the liability that cost the Republicans the 2020 Presidency.
    To be a Biden landslide he would have needed to win Florida, Ohio and North Carolina and Iowa at least, even if still short in Texas. It was a clear win not more than that.

There is no evidence Trump cost the Republicans this election and as pointed out many of his supporters would not have voted either for President or Congress had he been on the ballot.

It may be had Kasich been the GOP candidate in 2016 he would have won and been re elected but we will never know, I doubt Cruz would have done any better than Trump and probably done worse and had Weld won the nomination this year many Trump voters would have stayed home or gone third party
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Just imagine if Meghan Wales and Harry Wales had done this?

An advert for a coronavirus "passport" app, which has been promoted by Zara Tindall, has been referred to the medical regulator over concerns it contradicts health guidance.

The V-Health Passport allows Covid test results to be uploaded to a phone - meaning people can demonstrate they are safe to attend sports and other events.

But in an ad to promote it, Mrs Tindall is shown having an antibody test.

Government guidance says these tests do not show if you currently have Covid.

VST Enterprises, which owns the app, said the particular antibody test featured in its video was used for "illustrative purposes". It said it was correct that antibody tests are usually only used to identify previous infection.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54827965

She's an elite sportsperson called Mrs Tindall after her husband, not after a country, not a Duchess of anything, not living on your tax dollar. No issue here.
  • Options
    kamskikamski Posts: 4,245
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

DavidL said:

Which is fair enough. Although you would have to admit that Trafalgar called several states wrong so can safely be totally ignored in the future (if you're going to be consistent!)
  • Options

@OnlyLivingBoy on here forecast 306 – albeit with a slightly different mix of states.

I think it's a toss-up between him and @JackW in terms of who is PB Pundit Potus2020.
    I said Nevada by 2 and it looks like it will only be by 1. I hang my head in shame.
  • Options
    That's not because Trump lost, it's because Fox graphics look like a 1990s web page.
  • Options

I must object in advance to any putative awards to JackW, on personal and wholly arbitrary grounds. :rage:
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,235

Voting for SNP constituency Holyrood selections closed today at midday. Results could come after 4pm.

Just as well central Edinburgh is already under lockdown.
  • Options
    RobD said:

That tweet has been deleted.......
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Just as well central Edinburgh is already under lockdown.
    Voting is online, but of course you are not a SNP member.

And it is not lockdown either.
  • Options
    FoxLiveBlogTeam
    1 minute ago
    Ivanka Trump is tweeting that "every legally cast vote should be counted."
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

DavidL said:

Yes apologies
    I predicted 331 Biden, 207 Trump.

If it ends up 306 v 232 that won`t be too shabby, and will be very close if Biden nicks North Carolina.

However, I thought that the popular vote between the two would be significantly larger than it turned out.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:
    That tweet has also been deleted.....
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,449
    edited November 2020
    Does anyone get the feeling all the networks are waiting for Fox to call it first to make it mega awks?
  • Options
    gealbhangealbhan Posts: 2,362
    IanB2 said:

isam said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

DavidL said:

I don’t want to pour cold water on the playground scrap But most people’s predictions were based on polls from reputable firms, and those polls consistently pointed to something that didn’t match reality. They missed something, maybe their polling of Biden support accurate but Trumps underestimated by 2 or 3 or more %. So maybe not that much wrong between 306 EV and a 350+ landslide.
  • Options
    FoxLiveBlogTeam
    42 seconds ago
    The Trump campaign has released a statement:

“This election is not over. The false projection of Joe Biden as the winner is based on results in four states that are far from final. Georgia is headed for a recount, where we are confident we will find ballots improperly harvested, and where President Trump will ultimately prevail," - Matt Morgan, Trump 2020 campaign general counsel, said.

"There were many irregularities in Pennsylvania, including having election officials prevent our volunteer legal observers from having meaningful access to vote counting locations. We prevailed in court on our challenge, but were deprived of valuable time and denied the transparency we are entitled to under state law. In Nevada, there appear to be thousands of individuals who improperly cast mail ballots. Finally, the President is on course to win Arizona outright, despite the irresponsible and erroneous ‘calling’ of the state for Biden by Fox News and the Associated Press. Biden is relying on these states for his phony claim on the White House, but once the election is final, President Trump will be re-elected.”
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,040
    Congrats to Joe Biden on becoming the next POTUS.

Thank f*ck for that!
  • Options
    IF the Dems could pull off a miracle in North Carolina my bank balance would heartily appreciate. Thanks.
  • Options

FoxLiveBlogTeam
    1 minute ago
    Ivanka Trump is tweeting that "every legally cast vote should be counted."

Ivanka is on the side of the angels. Don Jr came out swinging for dad; Ivanka breaks a long silence to join sane Republicans in diplomatic statements of the bleeding obvious.
This discussion has been closed.