Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

As the counts continue it’s looking pretty certain that Biden will be heading for the White House –

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,987

Florida has a population of more than 21 million and counts its vote in a matter of hours.

Nevada has a fraction of that, pretty much all of it in the Las Vegas metro, and it takes days.

Can someone explain why?

Florida processed (i.e. verified signatures) on mail in ballots before election day.
  • Options
    Mal557Mal557 Posts: 662
    OnboardG1 said:

Just watching the scene at the Pittsburgh voting centre. It's more lively in the village hall for the Little Snoring parish council election count.

They're not starting counting in Pittsburgh until 2200 our time. Yeah I don't know why either.
    Do the MAGA hat battalion outside go home at 10? Maybe its for safety reasons, also I understand a lot of the counting staff have day jobs too
  • Options
    OnboardG1OnboardG1 Posts: 1,282

OnboardG1 said:

Just watching the scene at the Pittsburgh voting centre. It's more lively in the village hall for the Little Snoring parish council election count.

They're not starting counting in Pittsburgh until 2200 our time. Yeah I don't know why either.
    It wasn’t even clear why they didn’t count them yesterday - instead they took the day off for administrative training or some such. Now they restart at 1700 local time on a Friday night.

Great scheduling guys.
    That was because there was a legal injunction against it being counted yesterday. The ballots were replacement ballots for ones sent out in error. I believe they needed to consult with the contractor who fucked up. No idea why they weren't counting them at 9am this morning though.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,854
    The Transition in the event of a Trump defeat is something I've been concerned about for a while. The world doesn't stop turning if America goes into a period of political paralysis for two months.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,860
    Mal557 said:

OnboardG1 said:

Do the MAGA hat battalion outside go home at 10? Maybe its for safety reasons, also I understand a lot of the counting staff have day jobs too
    Court order re 35k ballots expires at 5pm ET
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    Translation: Cummings is still trying to work out the next steps now that their favoured candidate has lost.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Florida has a population of more than 21 million and counts its vote in a matter of hours.

Nevada has a fraction of that, pretty much all of it in the Las Vegas metro, and it takes days.

Can someone explain why?

Florida processed (i.e. verified signatures) on mail in ballots before election day.
    So the deep state didn't know how many they needed to print and that is why Trump won there?
  • Options

Why the hell is the US so slow to count? We count an electorate of 35 million in a few hours.

But in a lot of places they have a dozen different elections to count.
    At least.

You will have in many places:

President
    Senator
    Congressman
    Governor
    Lieutenant Governor
    Insurance Commisionar
    State Senator
    State Congressman
    City councilman
    Judges (x2 or more)

And then a dozen ballot propositions
  • Options
    gealbhangealbhan Posts: 2,362

gealbhan said:

Is Fox the only network that has called AZ? And with AZ he only needs NV?

Must be guaranteed soon that Biden has won NV so perhaps the other networks are holding off until NV has to be called by everyone thus making Fox have to be the one that calls the Presidency for Biden?

Ralston seems to think there is vote dump incoming from Clark. That should be the “ballgame” as our American friends say but who knows anymore?
    Once Fox calls NV that's it.

Then everyone can get on with it in PA.
    In his daily 1000 the cheerful returning officer type geezer in Clark (he’s not really cheerful btw I was being ironic) said there would be a dump before 4pm their time I calculated as about midnight our time.

He also said it wouldn’t be as big as this morning’s dump.

Hope this helps.,
    Somebody needs some Senokot?
    I don’t know what that is, one of the things just been legalised? Would it make him happier?

The first questions he took was “WHATS TAKING SO LONG” which he angrily claimed he had just explained, something about as you get down to the dregs they are not quick wins, people outside county have voted in wrong place and hsve to be chased etc though he promised they would continue all weekend.

With all these counts (and recounts) it doesn’t need final results though just xxx ahead with xx on table for a call?
  • Options
    LadyG said:

APPEAL to PBers!!!!

I am badly missing my gym. I used to go there, do 30 minutes hard work on the crosstrainer, say hi to a few acquaintances, and walk home and shower, change, eat. Then I would get a natural high which kept me sane until bedtime.

I need to replace it. With what? I don't like jogging at all. It's too cold to work out ,outdoors, even if it were possible.

I need the brief sharp intensity of 30 minutes on a crosstrainer, BPM 110-120, using all those muscles.

Is this do-able to home with juse a yoga mat and some determination?

SeanT comes out live on PB

Badly missing Jim
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,274

MrEd said:

Why the hell is the US so slow to count? We count an electorate of 35 million in a few hours.

What I don't understand is how they can count >100 million votes in the first 24 hours but NV, GA , AZ etc can't count 10-50k votes in the last two days.
    This is another thing I really don't understand and again I wonder if it comes down to staffing.
    It's more that nobody wants to be the one that tips this election past the tipping point.
    Why not?
    CNN and AP don’t want to be dragged into accusations of conspiracy and trying to bounce the election for Biden, and Fox doesn’t want to be seen by its viewers to be the first to abandon their hero.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited November 2020
    LadyG said:

APPEAL to PBers!!!!

I am badly missing my gym. I used to go there, do 30 minutes hard work on the crosstrainer, say hi to a few acquaintances, and walk home and shower, change, eat. Then I would get a natural high which kept me sane until bedtime.

I need to replace it. With what? I don't like jogging at all. It's too cold to work out ,outdoors, even if it were possible.

I need the brief sharp intensity of 30 minutes on a crosstrainer, BPM 110-120, using all those muscles.

Any of the massive selection of bodyweight HIIT training offerings should do that. Loads on YouTube and various follow along apps.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,965
    Trump afraid he may go to jail is one of the least surprising "exclusives" ever claimed.
  • Options
    GaussianGaussian Posts: 793
    Mal557 said:

Gaussian said:

Mal557 said:

Because Trump knows he has millions and millions of 'follow me to the grave' supporters he feels he can refuse to accept the result until he finds the 'holy grail' of some election reversing fraud (that isnt there ofc). He also with the way he has lived his life feels he, and his MAGAs can 'bully' the rest of the USA into letting him win by wearing them down with endless lawsuits and conspiracy theories.
    Crazy I know but its Trumps playbook.

Say the militias enter counting centres, halt the counts, and destroy ballots, thereby also triggering general pandemonium. What happens to the ECVs of states thus affected?
    Dont' give him ideas please...!
    I'm sure he or one of his delightful offspring have already pondered it. They're certainly trying hard enough to create the conditions for it.

(Not saying that was the plan all along or anything like that, because thankfully they're quite incompetent at being evil.)
  • Options
    OnboardG1 said:

Is that Allegheny? That was the agreement between the lawyers yesterday
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,718
    LadyG said:

APPEAL to PBers!!!!

Push ups, and buy a pull-up bar (screw to a wall, not over a door), do bicep planches (they are excellent, Google it), buy a cross trainer with a small footprint (I`ve got the one below):

https://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/bowflex-max-trainer-m3.html

Taken together the above covers a lot of muscle groups.

I thought you were in Lanzarote?
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,612
    LadyG said:

APPEAL to PBers!!!!

Buy a cross trainer
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I don't for a second believe that Boris or Cummings believed Trump was going to win and thar somehow this has come as a big shock and derailed all their plans.

Other than Mr bowtie, nobody thought it would even be close.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

At least.

President
    Senator
    Congressman
    Governor
    Lieutenant Governor
    Insurance Commisionar
    State Senator
    State Congressman
    City councilman
    Judges (x2 or more)

Was there red mirage effect as well down ballot, improvement in Dem position over time like 2018?
  • Options
    LadyG said:

APPEAL to PBers!!!!

There is an outdoor gym within primrose hill park. Past the swings and the toilets/cafe building. Used to be unused but has been discovered.

• Options
    OnboardG1OnboardG1 Posts: 1,282
    IanB2 said:

OnboardG1 said:

Is that Allegheny? That was the agreement between the lawyers yesterday
    Found the reason

https://triblive.com/local/allegheny-county-officials-explain-why-thousands-of-ballots-cant-yet-be-counted/

They agreed to segregate them until after the 3-day post-election receipt window.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

LadyG said:

APPEAL to PBers!!!!

Buy a cross trainer
    I have bought a rowing machine and a bike erg...the bike erg is the biz. Fav bit of kit I have.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

At least.

President
    Senator
    Congressman
    Governor
    Lieutenant Governor
    Insurance Commisionar
    State Senator
    State Congressman
    City councilman
    Judges (x2 or more)

And often on the same ballot paper. So they can’t do what we do and put the lesser election papers aside and concentrate on the main event
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

Yokes said:

Mal557 said:

It seems to me Trump is digging in, he has probably given himself a timescale to find enough dirt or evidence of fraud to turn this over, crazy as it sounds. I am expecting the next few days and weeks Giuliani and Trumps other hatchet men will be trawling the dark regions of twitter and other social media to try get examples of fraud in these states.
    Someone said about 'throwing sht at the wall until something sticks' this is my view, he will promote any tenuous and weak evidence of 'fraud' and push the narrative in the hope,,,he finds something major by chance. At some point maybe in a few weeks if hes got nothing (most likely) he will slink off and do a reality TV network.

The first danger point is this weekend, the key swing states will be called and people have the weekend to digest or protest. If Trump can directly or indirectly raise a street activist movement in some way we might get indications this weekend but trouble on the street of any notable kind will really do it for him. Mass dusts up are unlikely, the greater risk is five loons who dress in combat gear (they will call it tactical gear) on weekends shooting someone in an organised attack. Again Trump will be tagged with it and will really cause damage.

This is being almost entirely driven by Trump himself with his family and I get it, this is more than just ego or a sense of grievance. Trump knows that it isn't likely to be a quiet retirement and lecture tours and he could potentially be ruined. As far as the Trump family is concerned they are fighting for their lives, at least as they know it.

The top echelons of the GOP will simply keep things bland because Trump still has two months in the White House and they do fear that Trumpites but the gap that Biden has looks likely to work for them as much as the Democrats because it helps amplify the sense that things are done.
    It's very hard to discern the motives of a narcissist such as Trump. Not all his actions can be put down to rational motives.

I think the Republican heirarchy will be praying that at some point soon he will give up and go off in a sulk while the Democrats should be hoping that he continues to throw his toys out of the pram like the spoilt brat he is. The failure of Trump to go with good grace is frankly disgracing both him and those Republicans who feel too compromised to push him towards the door in public. With two critical Senate run off races looming, that is not a good look.
    I'm not as optimistic as you @Yokes that the Republican leadership will simply play ball with Biden post-this election. They buy into the narrative that the Democrats have padded the votes, they just can't publicly say it and / or accept it as a way of doing politics. They are scared re the Democrats controlling all 3 branches. No one in Washington, Republican or Democrat, believes Biden is the effective President, they all know (or think they know) that he will be gone within a year or so and Harris takes over and, at that point, all bets are off.
    Sounds like there will be great value in backing Biden to last all 4 years, and probably Biden to win in 2024 as well!
    Haha, you're right. Bet against me and you will always win (well, not always ;) )
    Ha! Fair play to you mate for that one ☺️
    Sometimes, you have to accept the truth :)
  • Options
    It wouldn't surprise me if he did a couple of legacy / sh1tting in the bed things before he finally f***s off.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    The really angry sarky guy with the laptop who gave a ballot update earlier (PA?) was fucking hilarious. I want more of that dude.
  • Options
    Mal557Mal557 Posts: 662

LadyG said:

APPEAL to PBers!!!!

Buy a cross trainer
    I have bought a rowing machine and a bike erg...the bike erg is the biz. Fav bit of kit I have.
    I'm dusting off my rowing machine again, got a lot of use in Lockdown 1
  • Options

MrEd said:

Yokes said:

Mal557 said:

It seems to me Trump is digging in, he has probably given himself a timescale to find enough dirt or evidence of fraud to turn this over, crazy as it sounds. I am expecting the next few days and weeks Giuliani and Trumps other hatchet men will be trawling the dark regions of twitter and other social media to try get examples of fraud in these states.
    Someone said about 'throwing sht at the wall until something sticks' this is my view, he will promote any tenuous and weak evidence of 'fraud' and push the narrative in the hope,,,he finds something major by chance. At some point maybe in a few weeks if hes got nothing (most likely) he will slink off and do a reality TV network.

The first danger point is this weekend, the key swing states will be called and people have the weekend to digest or protest. If Trump can directly or indirectly raise a street activist movement in some way we might get indications this weekend but trouble on the street of any notable kind will really do it for him. Mass dusts up are unlikely, the greater risk is five loons who dress in combat gear (they will call it tactical gear) on weekends shooting someone in an organised attack. Again Trump will be tagged with it and will really cause damage.

This is being almost entirely driven by Trump himself with his family and I get it, this is more than just ego or a sense of grievance. Trump knows that it isn't likely to be a quiet retirement and lecture tours and he could potentially be ruined. As far as the Trump family is concerned they are fighting for their lives, at least as they know it.

The top echelons of the GOP will simply keep things bland because Trump still has two months in the White House and they do fear that Trumpites but the gap that Biden has looks likely to work for them as much as the Democrats because it helps amplify the sense that things are done.
    It's very hard to discern the motives of a narcissist such as Trump. Not all his actions can be put down to rational motives.

I think the Republican heirarchy will be praying that at some point soon he will give up and go off in a sulk while the Democrats should be hoping that he continues to throw his toys out of the pram like the spoilt brat he is. The failure of Trump to go with good grace is frankly disgracing both him and those Republicans who feel too compromised to push him towards the door in public. With two critical Senate run off races looming, that is not a good look.
    I'm not as optimistic as you @Yokes that the Republican leadership will simply play ball with Biden post-this election. They buy into the narrative that the Democrats have padded the votes, they just can't publicly say it and / or accept it as a way of doing politics. They are scared re the Democrats controlling all 3 branches. No one in Washington, Republican or Democrat, believes Biden is the effective President, they all know (or think they know) that he will be gone within a year or so and Harris takes over and, at that point, all bets are off.
    Sounds like there will be great value in backing Biden to last all 4 years, and probably Biden to win in 2024 as well!
    Yup. Biden can be the Democratic Reagan.
    They were boasting on CNN earlier, Biden is the sort to forgive and forget, and I thought maybe not all of that is on message.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,965
    LadyG said:

APPEAL to PBers!!!!

Learn to meditate. Lowering your heart rate gives a longer lasting high.
    Among a range of other benefits.
  • Options

LadyG said:

APPEAL to PBers!!!!

Buy a cross trainer
    The crosser the better
  • Options

The really angry sarky guy with the laptop who gave a ballot update earlier (PA?) was fucking hilarious. I want more of that dude.

The bit where someone off camera is shouting out what he was missing, he didn’t like that. 😀

What I think he did though was place all the Georgia military votes into their counties?
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,609
    LadyG said:

APPEAL to PBers!!!!

Bike machine?
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,612
    When do they send a SWAT team in to the White House to rescue Melania?
  • Options
    gealbhan said:

gealbhan said:

Must be guaranteed soon that Biden has won NV so perhaps the other networks are holding off until NV has to be called by everyone thus making Fox have to be the one that calls the Presidency for Biden?

Ralston seems to think there is vote dump incoming from Clark. That should be the “ballgame” as our American friends say but who knows anymore?

In his daily 1000 the cheerful returning officer type geezer in Clark (he’s not really cheerful btw I was being ironic) said there would be a dump before 4pm their time I calculated as about midnight our time.

Hope this helps.,
    I don’t know what that is, one of the things just been legalised? Would it make him happier?

The first questions he took was “WHATS TAKING SO LONG” which he angrily claimed he had just explained, something about as you get down to the dregs they are not quick wins, people outside county have voted in wrong place and hsve to be chased etc though he promised they would continue all weekend.

With all these counts (and recounts) it doesn’t need final results though just xxx ahead with xx on table for a call?
    Just a little joke!

Senokot is a laxative - you wrote "He also said it wouldn't be as big as this morning's dump".
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,611
    LadyG said:

APPEAL to PBers!!!!

Charles Branson is mad as a box of frogs but his book on fitness using no equipment is surprisingly sound:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1844543099/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8oCPFbED7VXWE

Walking up and down stairs for 30 min solid is an easy and testing workout too.
  • Options

LadyG said:

APPEAL to PBers!!!!

Buy a cross trainer
    The crosser the better
    Remember back in the eighties, superstars and LLBS teamed up for the jumping in and out of your underpants world record? I think that would be a really useful exercise.

I am being serious, think about it for a second, jumping in and out of underpants. I presume it would work okay for knickers if you are a lady, though crotchless panties may be cheating. 🩲
  • Options
    LadyG said:

APPEAL to PBers!!!!

I hesitate to suggest such a thing to a genteel lady painter of newts, but there's always the shaggin'.
  • Options
    NEW THREADS
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,150

When do they send a SWAT team in to the White House to rescue Melania?

Why? Has PoTUS gone postal over the mail-ins?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Well this is going to ruin a few theories that BLM got Trump votes out.

https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/1324687796016218112

Oh shit, pesky facts again.
  • Options
    CiceroCicero Posts: 2,218

Carnyx said:

The one thing the SNP aren't is nativists.
    You Kippers in kilts are in denial about that.
    There are some civic nationalist members of the SNP, but as a whole the Nats are a pretty nasty bunch. The worst abuse I've had in years of campaigning was always nationalist. Tories patronise you, Labour pity you. Nats threaten you.
  • Options

gealbhan said:

gealbhan said:

Hope this helps.,

Just a little joke!

Senokot is a laxative - you wrote "He also said it wouldn't be as big as this morning's dump".
    That’s some sort of medical term Doctors would use. Thank you.

What grumpy guy did say though is he said 50K yesterday but it was wrong, they were counting all the sheets of paper not just the Presidential bit so it’s really only 30K. So that’s 20K just displeasing in a moment because they didn’t exist. Firstly, we have heard several times, sorry we overestimated remaining ballots in figures we gave yesterday? Secondly, as someone said below, why not just count the big election first out the way, down ballot second? They are not are they? That’s their mistake.
  • Options
    stodge said:

MrEd said:

Well, if he doesn't make it to 31/12/2021, it will be the first time since 1881 the USA will have three Presidents in a year (Rutherford Hayes, James Garfield and Chester Arthur).

Possibly four if, as some speculate, Trump steps down early to secure a pardon from President Pence.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,927
    LadyG said:

APPEAL to PBers!!!!

LadyG said:

APPEAL to PBers!!!!

Jog a lamppost/tree, sprint a lamppost/tree for 2-3k - it’s not too cold and that is quite high intensity. Staying in won’t help. Do 25 press ups then 25 sit ups when you get in

If you go for a run, always time it and try to beat yesterday’s effort. Sprint Hampstead Heath hill to the top and jog down 10 times?
  • Options
    kamskikamski Posts: 4,250
    tlg86 said:

IanB2 said:

Bloody hell..its happening again...

Lombardy, one of the regions, reported nearly 10,000 new cases on Friday.

The notable thing about Italy is that the principal two regions getting hit by the second wave are those that took the first wave. Whereas elsewhere it tends to be levelling up,- for example NYC and London aren’t the focuses of the second wave.
    Could it have something to with the people who did a runner last time now getting it having returned home?
    Lombardy has a lot of industry, lots of the kinds of jobs that people can't do from home.

Lots of people live with families.
  • Options
    DruttDrutt Posts: 1,093
    LadyG said:

APPEAL to PBers!!!!

Have a look at some of the Sean T Insanity vids on Vimeo or YouTube. Bodyweight only, just need a pair of trainers and a mat, but *absolutely savage*. HIIT and calisthenics. Proper warm up and cool down included.

Here's your first one. https://vimeo.com/66285538
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,942
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
This discussion has been closed.