Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The betting moves further and further away from Trump – politicalbetting.com

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,914
    The popular vote could end up as 52%-46% or perhaps 51.5% to 46.5%
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949
    If the Arizona SoS is right (and they should be, right?) about the number of ballots left, and it's only 250-285k not 300-325k then that makes it harder for Trump to catch up.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,131
    Imagine if California were a swing state.

https://twitter.com/johnmyers/status/1324519897339060225?s=21
  • Options

One day there will be a shock result in a blue state and we won't notice for 3 weeks. Assuming those split as per the existing ones (though who knows, do we have any idea if they are mail/election day/etc?) Biden wins them about 2:1, gains another 1.5m on his national lead. That's worth about 1% assuming we end on 150m or so turnout. 51.5% for Biden, plus late counts in some other blue states. Hmm...52% is gonna be close.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,060
    gealbhan said:

Ok, I've had enough of guessing games. I've squared off the relevant markets and I'm going to bed.

My guess is that Biden wins Az, Pa and Geo, but loses NC narrowly.

Enjoy the fun and games!

Nite all.

Ah yes, NC.

The polls were very good for Biden and Cunningham there, especially in the last week of the campaign where there seemed to be momentum in Biden direction. I’m not entirely sure Trump has it. I did ask RCS earlier who said itdoes get closer and closer but probably not close enough.

Hmm. Maybe worth a flutter.
    Yes, worth £5 or so :smile:
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,989
    There could be some Trump votes sitting in a USPS depot somewhere in Atlanta
  • Options
    "With Biden down 1,902 votes and about 16,000 left to count, Biden needs to win only 56 percent of what remains in order to take the lead statewide."

https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/2020-election-results-coverage/
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,314
    edited November 2020
    Quincel said:

One day there will be a shock result in a blue state and we won't notice for 3 weeks. Assuming those split as per the existing ones (though who knows, do we have any idea if they are mail/election day/etc?) Biden wins them about 2:1, gains another 1.5m on his national lead. That's worth about 1% assuming we end on 150m or so turnout. 51.5% for Biden, plus late counts in some other blue states. Hmm...52% is gonna be close.
    California was a 100% mail election - there was no in person voting.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Quincel said:

California was a 100% mail election - there was no in person voting.
    Cheers, schoolboy error by me there.
  • Options
    In California you could post your ballot for Kanye on the election day and noone would care.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

There could be some Trump votes sitting in a USPS depot somewhere in Atlanta

Quite a lot of ballots were undelivered in Georgia.
  • Options
    gealbhangealbhan Posts: 2,362
    rcs1000 said:

gealbhan said:

Ok, I've had enough of guessing games. I've squared off the relevant markets and I'm going to bed.

Enjoy the fun and games!

Nite all.

Ah yes, NC.

The polls were very good for Biden and Cunningham there, especially in the last week of the campaign where there seemed to be momentum in Biden direction. I’m not entirely sure Trump has it. I did ask RCS earlier who said itdoes get closer and closer but probably not close enough.

Thank you.

Are you still calling Arizona for Biden by as much as 3%?

And the Georgia result might be Biden wins by much more than 5K?
  • Options
    It looks like there has been a small swing to Trump in California, as expected.
  • Options
    gealbhan said:

rcs1000 said:

gealbhan said:

Enjoy the fun and games!

Nite all.

Ah yes, NC.

Thank you.

Are you still calling Arizona for Biden by as much as 3%?

And the Georgia result might be Biden wins by much more than 5K?
    I think the provisionals will add to Bidens total, but I guess we'll see tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    Minnesota being called quickly was the first omen things might be picking up after the disaster in Florida for Biden imo.
  • Options
    Biden's outperformance over Clinton in PA is all in the suburbs.
  • Options
    PA 26,314.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

PA 26,314.

At least 52,000 Philly ballots to arrive too.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Pulpstar said:

Andy_JS said:

PA 26,314.

Trump is getting about 20% there compared to 15% last time but it probably isn't enough of an improvement to save him.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

Andy_JS said:

PA 26,314.

Trump is getting about 20% there compared to 15% last time but it probably isn't enough of an improvement to save him.
    Yes I noted that, he did well with the black vote !
  • Options
    PA 23,953.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,419
    Four hours sleep and they’re still both red!
  • Options
    We have Springwatch, the US has “ProtestWatch”
  • Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    Morning all. Six hours sleep and PA crossover still not quite happened but very very close.

Meanwhile, can someone confirm the Senate tally for me? Kelly's win over McSally in Arizona now takes it to 48-48, right? That leaves 4: the two Georgia races which are almost certainly both going to January 5th runoffs. Then there's Alaska where Sullivan is ahead for the Republicans and North Carolina where Tillis leads Cunningham.

Although Sullivan and Tillis are likely to win those they're not gimme's but either way the Georgia run-offs will decide the Senate.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Biden's outperformance over Clinton in PA is all in the suburbs.

It was the reason I came back in on him at 262 ECVs and for all of CNN's rubbish first few hours of election coverage, John King was spot on when he said, 'to win the Presidency you have to win the suburbs.' In Florida, despite haemorrhaging latino votes, Biden was +5% over Clinton in the suburbs. If repeated it meant other states would come into play. It's why the Democrats are gaining in the Midwest, Georgia too.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Minnesota being called quickly was the first omen things might be picking up after the disaster in Florida for Biden imo.

See below: the 'disaster' in Florida contained the signs of why Biden was going to win the Presidency. He lost the battle and won the war.

In retrospect, the Democrat decision to focus on the Midwest instead of Florida and Texas looks like a blinder.
  • Options
    A rapid coronavirus test at the heart of Boris Johnson’s mass-testing strategy missed more than 50% of positive cases in an Operation Moonshot pilot in Greater Manchester, the Guardian can reveal.

The 20-minute tests, on which the government has spent £323m for use with hospital and care home staff with no symptoms, identified only 46.7% of infections during a crucial trial in Manchester and Salford last month.

This means that many of those carrying Covid-19 were wrongly told they were free of the virus, potentially allowing them to infect others
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    new thread
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,138
    IanB2 said:

A rapid coronavirus test at the heart of Boris Johnson’s mass-testing strategy missed more than 50% of positive cases in an Operation Moonshot pilot in Greater Manchester, the Guardian can reveal.

The 20-minute tests, on which the government has spent £323m for use with hospital and care home staff with no symptoms, identified only 46.7% of infections during a crucial trial in Manchester and Salford last month.

This means that many of those carrying Covid-19 were wrongly told they were free of the virus, potentially allowing them to infect others

Perhaps a better name would have been "Operation Hubris".
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,797
    Scott_xP said:
    Some ridiculous editorialising by Sopel there.
    Why should it be ‘Wow’ to state the bleeding obvious ?

That has been the problem with the media for the last four years - they have largely reported the Trump narrative as though it’s unquestioned fact.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,797

alex_ said:

Isn't Arizona a bit irrelevant at this point?

Not for the betrayal myth.

Trump traces it all back to Fox's calling of the state.
    Doesn't Arizona going the other way actually undermine him in a way? The Trump argument is "it's funny how all these votes they are 'finding' are Democrat". But they're not, and demonstrably not if Arizona goes the other way - it depends on the local process and which type and location of votes are left to be counted towards the end.
    Have you never watched Trump? He does not need facts. He just makes things up. Even the US networks are calling him a liar on air.
    Not just the US networks - SKY news just said Trump isn't providing any evidence for his claims.
    Only taken them four years.
This discussion has been closed.