Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The betting moves further and further away from Trump – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    Mal557Mal557 Posts: 662
    He's come out, I dont need to hear the words, he simply looks ,,,,a beaten man. He will rail and rage but he knows he's lost. He sounds like an ex president
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,419

@kle4 posted a really interesting Tweet thread in the last discussion with someone debunking many of the voting fraud theories doing the rounds. Many of them were indeed debunked, though some of them were not.

One that wasn't satisfactorily debunked (in my opinion) was the story of a Philadelphia ballot dump that included no votes for Trump, but 23,000 odd for Biden. The 'debunk' was that a similar thing had happened to Romney in Philadelphia, and at the time, a media organisation had looked for *any* Romney supporters in that district, and found none. That doesn't convince me really, because whilst I understand there might be next to none, not finding any for a vox pop, is not the same as there not being any. It just isn't. In a sample size of 23,000, there is going to be at least one or two contrary fuckers voting for Trump (or Romney for that matter).

Another one, that isn't necessarily evidence of fraud per se, but is very interesting, is Twitter thread, then published on Zerohedge, noting the big divergence in key swing states between votes for Biden, and votes for the Democratic Senate candidates. For example, in Georgia, Biden got 95,000 more votes than the Dem candidate - Trump got 818 more than his candidate. Similar situation in Michigan. At the very least, it would be good to see these numbers for every State, and a good working hypothesis as to why this would be the case.

Here's the link for anyone curious - if you're not a fan of Zerohedge (I'm not) don't click: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/why-does-biden-have-so-many-more-votes-democrat-senators-swing-states

The Dem senate candidate wasn’t up against Trump.

In every Uk multiple election, the number of people who complete their ballot for the “more important” election always exceeds those for the lower tier elections, many papers for which are left blank.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,999
    IanB2 said:

kle4 said:

IanB2 said:

kle4 said:

rcs1000 said:

Scott_xP said:
    If ever anyone again suggests politically appointing the Supreme Court here, can we just play that clip?
    I think they are living in cloud cuckoo land if they think a serious legal scholar like ACB thinks transactionally and feels they "owe Trump one".

He will be going on about lack of gratitude for years.
    ACB has just been appointed to a job for life by a lunatic. If there’s a choice between four more years of him in the WH forever telling her how she must return the favour, or cutting him loose and being her own woman....
    Quite. The GOP Senators knew how important getting her in would be, but saving Trump won't have been key to that.
    And what better way to throw off the taint of Shami than demonstrating your independence at the first opportunity.
    The taint of Shami? What has Shami Chakrabarti been up to since the guy she sold her principles for lost I wonder?
  • Options
    Trump TV episode 1....4 more years of this, 5 nights a week.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,131
    This is actually laughable rather than scary.

He looks done.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,895

Mal557 said:

I feel that Trumps speech will be the match to the tinder. Worrying times ahead

https://twitter.com/DrPaulGosar/status/1324492305554829312?s=20
    Come back Mugabe all is forgiven!
  • Options
    Trump speech is just the consciousness stream of a child in denial
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,088
    This speech is just one lie after another. Christ. America is not going to be united anytime soon. Maybe they need a good war?
  • Options

So we're about to get President Trump's gracious and statesman-like concession speech, right?

I've been thinking, Pencey-boy, isn't it about time you showed us all a glimpse of the integrity and moral fibre you're so keen to vaunt? At least once the race is called, and if no concrete, non-crazy evidence of fraud turns up. And until then at least tell the D to tone it down a bit, eh?
  • Options
    kicorse said:

Brilliant not-quite-yet victory speech by Biden. "To make progress, we have to stop treating our opponents as enemies." Now what chance Mitch McConnell will agree?

I'm sure he will. For a hefty price.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,988
    alex_ said:

isam said:
    Better stop spending loads of money on cancer screening and early diagnosis work then.
    Why don’t they make it illegal for people to do things that make cancer more likely? Think of all the extra capacity at the NHS

• Options
    This is a public warning message for what happens when you drop a baby on its head
  • Options
    alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518
    So Trump is on TV saying that America is a corrupt system. That will go down well with a country where they elect absolutely EVERYONE in any position of power...
  • Options
    He's going to have to be dragged out kicking and screaming isn't he?
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,138
    Trump has declared himself President of Florida, to console himself for when he goes back to exile in Mar a Largo I presume
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    Wow, CBS have had enough and cut away to a fact-checker!
  • Options

This speech is just one lie after another. Christ. America is not going to be united anytime soon. Maybe they need a good war?

Even though I dont like Trumps usual shouting , fiery, often bragging manner, Id much rather have had that in this speech than this, its pathetic, I'm sorry
  • Options
    He does know that the Governor of Georgia is a Republican, right?

"Democrats run the election apparatus"
  • Options
    PA drops to +73.6 k
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,060

So we're about to get President Trump's gracious and statesman-like concession speech, right?

I've been thinking, Pencey-boy, isn't it about time you showed us all a glimpse of the integrity and moral fibre you're so keen to vaunt? At least once the race is called, and if no concrete, non-crazy evidence of fraud turns up. And until then at least tell the D to tone it down a bit, eh?
    The election hasn't been called yet.

Once it has been called, people like Pence are going to have some very difficult decisions to make.
  • Options
    alex_ said:

He does know that the Governor of Georgia is a Republican, right?

"Democrats run the election apparatus"

I doubt he cares. He just talks cr*p
  • Options
    Mal557 said:

Even though I dont like Trumps usual shouting , fiery, often bragging manner, Id much rather have had that in this speech than this, its pathetic, I'm sorry
    Yeah it's really f*cking boring despite the historical significance.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Trump has declared himself President of Florida, to console himself for when he goes back to exile in Mar a Largo I presume

:D
  • Options

I don't know. It'll unite EVERY single politician against him.

• Options
    Damn he mentioned the pipe burst, I bet there was a market for that too!
  • Options
    This speech is unexpectedly boring.

Weird.
  • Options
    Do you think he's going to attempt to do a Castro type speech? 4 hours?
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,314
    GA lead closes by 6k.

Now 3,635.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,996
    Said it before and will say it again. Although I shouldn't offer a sidewalk diagnosis.
    The man has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. It's an untreatable condition deserving of sympathy.
    He really is textbook.
  • Options
    The depressing thing is that half of America is going to lap this up.
  • Options

Pence now wants to be GOP nominee in 2024, so has to balance easing Trump out with not upsetting his base
  • Options
    Genuinely think above 300 is on the cards
  • Options
    YokesYokes Posts: 1,203
    edited November 2020
    I really really want that Democrat win in Georgia. I highlighted it on election night as good value in a tight race, it would make what has been a good POTUS betting cycle just a bit better.
  • Options
    isam said:

alex_ said:

isam said:
    Better stop spending loads of money on cancer screening and early diagnosis work then.
    Why don’t they make it illegal for people to do things that make cancer more likely? Think of all the extra capacity at the NHS

Well, the smoking ban in pubs and restaurants was at least partially designed to reduce the incidence of giving cancer to other people...
  • Options
    MikeL said:

GA lead closes by 6k.

Now 3,635.

Oh my.
  • Options
    PA drops to +64 k
  • Options
    Will someone put this babbling idiot out of his misery?

Nurse!!
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    MikeL said:

GA lead closes by 6k.

Now 3,635.

NYT hasn't caught up with that yet. Where was that posted?
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,060

@kle4 posted a really interesting Tweet thread in the last discussion with someone debunking many of the voting fraud theories doing the rounds. Many of them were indeed debunked, though some of them were not.

One that wasn't satisfactorily debunked (in my opinion) was the story of a Philadelphia ballot dump that included no votes for Trump, but 23,000 odd for Biden. The 'debunk' was that a similar thing had happened to Romney in Philadelphia, and at the time, a media organisation had looked for *any* Romney supporters in that district, and found none. That doesn't convince me really, because whilst I understand there might be next to none, not finding any for a vox pop, is not the same as there not being any. It just isn't. In a sample size of 23,000, there is going to be at least one or two contrary fuckers voting for Trump (or Romney for that matter).

Another one, that isn't necessarily evidence of fraud per se, but is very interesting, is Twitter thread, then published on Zerohedge, noting the big divergence in key swing states between votes for Biden, and votes for the Democratic Senate candidates. For example, in Georgia, Biden got 95,000 more votes than the Dem candidate - Trump got 818 more than his candidate. Similar situation in Michigan. At the very least, it would be good to see these numbers for every State, and a good working hypothesis as to why this would be the case.

Here's the link for anyone curious - if you're not a fan of Zerohedge (I'm not) don't click: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/why-does-biden-have-so-many-more-votes-democrat-senators-swing-states

Isn't that always the case?

I mean it's easy enough to check, but I'd bet that if you look at 2016, then you'll see most votes in a County at the Presidential level, next most at the Senate, etc. And then minor local roles will have very low turnout. (Indeed, I read a story about someone jokingly writing themselves in for county level position and winning as no-one had bothered to vote in it.)
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949
    rpjs said:

Wow, CBS have had enough and cut away to a fact-checker!

They've finally learned...
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,915

This speech is unexpectedly boring.

Weird.

He's very tired.
  • Options
    This is surreal.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

PA drops to +64 k

Hopefully he will keep droning on for long enough for PA to be called for Biden,
  • Options
    PA lead closes by 11k.

Now 64,261.
  • Options
    This is the biggest meltdown of all time! 😀
  • Options
    Roger said:

Mal557 said:

I feel that Trumps speech will be the match to the tinder. Worrying times ahead

https://twitter.com/DrPaulGosar/status/1324492305554829312?s=20
    Come back Mugabe all is forgiven!
    No “open carry”? Erm..... Does that imply what I think it does? I read that as “obviously you’ll come armed but stick it in your holster”....
  • Options
    He could have lost both PA and Georgia by the time this speech ends.
  • Options
    I think everyone hopes that when they lose they will be able to do so with dignity. It's one reason the winners are inclined to be gracious to the defeated, since it's what they'd want in that situation. But some just cannot manage it. That Trump was reduced to complaining about the polls right up was a bad sign for his dignity.
  • Options
    Apparently PA is already counting votes that came in tomorrow
  • Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    edited November 2020
    rcs1000 said:

The election hasn't been called yet.

Once it has been called, people like Pence are going to have some very difficult decisions to make.
    Quite agree. Hence my second sentence. But also my third. I don't expect him to hand in an early concession or anything like that, but even before the time comes for the really big call, does he really want to be associated with this? A lot of the groundwork for what happens the race gets called is already being worked on, so I'm pretty sure he should be making some tough choices already.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,805

isam said:

alex_ said:

isam said:

Well, the smoking ban in pubs and restaurants was at least partially designed to reduce the incidence of giving cancer to other people...
    Banning tobacco advertising, banning sales to children, large warnings on packets....

I am not sure what point @isam is trying to make.
  • Options

This is a public warning message for what happens when you drop a baby on its head

Takes a lot more than that. I fell down a manhole when I was a toddler, reportedly (I was too young to remember), and I turned out just fine, thank you.
  • Options

If the Dems were so good at election fraud they would have won the Senate.

If the Dems were box-stuffing, surely they could have made a better job of it and won all 540 of the 538 EC votes?
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,526

Lol.

What's funny about that? It's really shite. There are a lot of ways to rubbish Trump (and he gives plenty of ammo) using words that still maintain a veneer of neutrality. 'is yet to present evidence of how' says much the same thing but a bit better.
  • Options
    TimT said:

MikeL said:

GA lead closes by 6k.

Now 3,635.

NYT hasn't caught up with that yet. Where was that posted?
    CNN:

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2020/results/president
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,894

MikeL said:

GA lead closes by 6k.

Now 3,635.

Oh my.
    Thats probably Chatham as I said earlier Biden should be less than 1k down when all Chatham and Fulton come in
  • Options
    Is he on a loop? Im sure hes saying the same things every few minutes,,,
  • Options

Lol.

What's funny about that? It's really shite. There are a lot of ways to rubbish Trump (and he gives plenty of ammo) using words that still maintain a veneer of neutrality. 'is yet to present evidence of how' says much the same thing but a bit better.
    This is embarrassing even by your standards.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,996
    It is quite remarkable that it has taken the MSM this long to outright say "that's a lie".
    Particularly as, it seems, no answer is then forthcoming.
    Maybe it could have been useful 4 1/2 years ago?
  • Options
    ABC News just called him a liar on air.
  • Options

Lol.

Nah, it's really funny.
  • Options
    When power ebbs away, it ebbs away. He's talking like a man who feels that as much as anyone. He's just a rambling bar bore now.

Also, a man on some heavy prescription drugs.
  • Options
    alex_ said:

He could have lost both PA and Georgia by the time this speech ends.

LOL!
  • Options
    YokesYokes Posts: 1,203
    Anyone who remembers Bleasdales GBH, you are just watching a much bigger documentary version of that kind of rise and fall.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Apparently PA is already counting votes that came in tomorrow

That's the beauty of using AI
  • Options
    Wasn’t it one of the Eastern European leaders who tweeted to congratulate Trump? Bet their Twitter team has been sacked...
  • Options
    That reminded me of the time my eldest denied writing his name on the wall whilst holding the pen in his hand.
  • Options
    CorrectHorseBatteryCorrectHorseBattery Posts: 21,436
    edited November 2020
    CNN will be remembered for:

"Trump says he'll go to Supreme Court; unclear why"
  • Options

ABC News just called him a liar on air.

CNN also.
  • Options

CNN will be remembered for:

"Trump says he'll go to Supreme Court; unclear why"

Lol.
  • Options

Nah, they sacrificed the Senate so they could make that argument to cover up their theft!!
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,895
    Foxy said:

dixiedean said:

Presidents advisor briefs we need an "Act of God"

Seems a decent test of whether the Big Guy reciprocates the adoration.
    I have my doubts about the quality of Trumps Spiritual advice on these matters.

https://twitter.com/OxfordDiplomat/status/1324271038226698240?s=19
    That is brilliant! But quite why she needed the prompt in the shorts is a mystery
  • Options
    MikeL said:

PA lead closes by 11k.

Now 64,261.

The race is on.

PA vs GA.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Lol.

I, too, prefer my news coverage to maintain such a veneer and so your suggestion might be better (though one might argue the 'yet' implies he has it, when he might not). However, it's not actually all that different so it's a pretty mild example when it comes to language since it's not in the least bit misleading or even pejorative. He hasn't got evidence and he is saying he's being cheated
  • Options
    CNN asking when senior Republicans are going to step in.
  • Options
    TimT said:

Nah, they sacrificed the Senate so they could make that argument to cover up their theft!!
    Ah yes, it all makes sense!!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Even the Fox anchors are struggling to take all of it seriously. They are just repeating his list of grievances while they try to think of something to say about it.

“Very remarkable”

“A president who believes the election isn’t going to go his way”
  • Options

Lol.

Agreed, CNN is now clearly the counterpoint to Fox for left liberals after that
  • Options
    If this was an adult we'd take them into care for their own wellbeing
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,915
    Yokes said:

Anyone who remembers Bleasdales GBH, you are just watching a much bigger documentary version of that kind of rise and fall.

I remember watching the show. It was repeated on ITV4 or BBC4 a few years ago.
  • Options

MikeL said:

GA lead closes by 6k.

Now 3,635.

Oh my.
    Thats probably Chatham as I said earlier Biden should be less than 1k down when all Chatham and Fulton come in
    You might get this pretty much spot on you know...
  • Options

That reminded me of the time my eldest denied writing his name on the wall whilst holding the pen in his hand.

So how did he claim he held it? In his mouth?
  • Options
    Looks line Penn and Georgia will be going for Biden soon.
  • Options
    So all ive got so far is mumble, cheated, witter, burst pipe, legal, mumble, observer. another observer, witter, mine are legal, mumble....did I miss anything?
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

It is quite remarkable that it has taken the MSM this long to outright say "that's a lie".
    Particularly as, it seems, no answer is then forthcoming.
    Maybe it could have been useful 4 1/2 years ago?

Not really. He is now powerless and has no comeback against them now.

They no longer fear him.

Next they will ridicule him, and ridicule is the end of a political reputation. Even his supporters will abandon him

Trump will be the lamest lame duck ever.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,805
    dixiedean said:

Said it before and will say it again. Although I shouldn't offer a sidewalk diagnosis.
    The man has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. It's an untreatable condition deserving of sympathy.
    He really is textbook.

It is pretty painful to watch a nervous breakdown in public.
  • Options
    Two more months.... Can the lame duck Senate club together and change their mind on impeachment...?
This discussion has been closed.