Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The WH2020 count goes on with still no sign of a resolution – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,031
    stodge said:

Evening all :)

Have tried to follow the twists and turns during the day and hopefully plenty have made a quick profit (or even a slow one).

Can Biden take all of Nevada, Georgia, North Carolina and Georgia? Unlikely but not impossible. That would end up 322-216 which would look much more comfortable than the base numbers suggest. Currently, a 2.1% lead for Clinton has become a 2.7% for Biden so that's a 0.3% swing but in terms of ECV a considerable shift potentially.

Basically, the Democrats and Republicans have 20 "safe" states (including DC for the blues).

Of the remaining 11 "marginal" states, Trump won 10 last time (the exception being Nevada). So far, Biden has flipped Michigan, Wisconsin and Arizona and to win the other three he lost last time, would leave the Democrats with seven and the Republicans with four.

As an aside, does anyone know who would be Secretary of State in a Biden administration?

California is only 75% counted, so you need to add another 1.5% or so to Biden's vote lead. I think he'll end up a little over 4% ahead.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,013

Andy_JS said:
    And so the self-indulgent actions of the 'progressives' cost the Democrats the overwhelming victory they needed to have any chance of putting their progressive policies into practice. Nice job, idiots!
    Another massive loss for Biden/Pelosi. Another huge win for Trump and Boris.
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    MaxPB said:

rcs1000 said:

https://twitter.com/mattschaar/status/1324438959410286593?s=20

Sorry if that has been shared already. Was watching episode 2 of The Queen's Gambit.

The margin in Pennsylvania is not going to be particularly close.
    About 200k.
    If true, another polling oddity. PA was consistently tighter in the polls than either WI or MI but may end up being the most comfortable of the Midwest trio for Biden
  • Options
    I would die if Fox is first network to call this for Biden.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,732

Yokes said:

Alistair said:

Andy_JS said:
    In shock news people who voted for the racist didn't like anti-racist protests.
    Actually that's a gross oversimplification typical of the idiocy this side of the water. Abigail Spanberger the Democrat Congresswoman has been very clear that the protests move into Defund the Police talk has cost the House Dems serious problems. She should know.

It's not racist if you are a citizen and others are demanding the police effectively don't get funding ie dont operate, its perfectly understandable that MANY have a problem with it.
    Defund the police was an incredibly stupid and misleading slogan to adopt
    Not a Dem policy or slogan though! Indeed Grandpa Joe spoke against it.

There are extremists on the Left as nutty as QAnon.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,097
    edited November 2020
    stodge said:

Have tried to follow the twists and turns during the day and hopefully plenty have made a quick profit (or even a slow one).

Can Biden take all of Nevada, Georgia, North Carolina and Georgia? Unlikely but not impossible. That would end up 322-216 which would look much more comfortable than the base numbers suggest. Currently, a 2.1% lead for Clinton has become a 2.7% for Biden so that's a 0.3% swing but in terms of ECV a considerable shift potentially.

Basically, the Democrats and Republicans have 20 "safe" states (including DC for the blues).

Of the remaining 11 "marginal" states, Trump won 10 last time (the exception being Nevada). So far, Biden has flipped Michigan, Wisconsin and Arizona and to win the other three he lost last time, would leave the Democrats with seven and the Republicans with four.

As an aside, does anyone know who would be Secretary of State in a Biden administration?

Chris Murphy, Chris Coons, Susan Rice and Anthony Blinken are the frontrunners with Mitt Romney apparently given some consideration but a longshot

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/19/joe-biden-secretary-of-state-430089
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,610
    NYT saying NV not counting any more votes until noon tomorrow. Are they actually having a laugh?
  • Options

MaxPB said:

rcs1000 said:

Sorry if that has been shared already. Was watching episode 2 of The Queen's Gambit.

About 200k.
    If true, another polling oddity. PA was consistently tighter in the polls than either WI or MI but may end up being the most comfortable of the Midwest trio for Biden
    Michigan is a 3% lead for Biden now, I think.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

NYT saying NV not counting any more votes until noon tomorrow. Are they actually having a laugh?

It's not like we're choosing the leader of the free world or anything here guys.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

stodge said:

California is only 75% counted, so you need to add another 1.5% or so to Biden's vote lead. I think he'll end up a little over 4% ahead.
    So roughly a 0.9% swing from 2016. Four years and billions of dollars spent, and America has barely moved.
  • Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688

MaxPB said:

It's not like we're choosing the leader of the free world or anything here guys.
    Nevada announced a short while ago that their result will take days.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,270

Here's a question:

Why doesn't the USA have the Presidential election on one day/week/ month, Congress elections on another day/week/ month, state elections on another day/week/month and local elections on another day/week/month ?

There wouldn't be time for SCOTUS to get through all the lawsuits.

How long does it take to say " By a margin of 6 to 3 we find for the President" 500 times?
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,320
    Alistair said:

THAT'S WHAT I SAID YESTERDAY

https://vf.politicalbetting.com/discussion/comment/3099018/#Comment_3099018

Why they are wasting time counting votes when I can just call it I don't know.
    Senator Casey says you have overestimated.

Or he is playing safe.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,097
    IanB2 said:

@HYFUD please stop spamming the site with irrelevant tweets

If I see a tweet of interest I will post it, OGH runs this site not you and tweets are not banned
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    They're correct: Arizona will end up with a c. 3-4% lead for Biden.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,796
    These votes from the back of the sofa seem uncomfortable to me.

I'm sure they're fine, and Trump's noise otherwise isn't worth anything, but nonetheless digging out very heavily biased packages of votes after the polls have closed just feels ugly.

I'd like to see voting rather more heavily controlled in the UK in this light. Electoral fraud should have some insanely nasty penalty too.

• Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949
    Here's a political betting joke:

What do Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton both have in common?
    The market won't believe they aren't going to be the nominee the election after they lost, no matter how unlikely it begins to look.

I strongly suspect he won't even run again, but I strongly suspect Trump will be available at single-digit or low double-digit odds until at least the Iowa Caucus (and maybe long after).
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Calling stuff is explosive in the current atmosphere? Better count them all up.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,877
    Perhaps of more interest are the Senate and House elections. In the Senate, 50-50 looks conceivable which would be interesting.

The House looks set to remain in Democrat hands but with a reduced majority which would be remarkable.

That said, a half-pint is better than an empty glass and the White House, House of Reps and a locked Senate wouldn't be too bad for the Democrats.
  • Options
    gealbhangealbhan Posts: 2,362
    ydoethur said:
    Fantastic.
    Trolling of the year, if there is such an award?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited November 2020

MaxPB said:

rcs1000 said:

About 200k.
    I'm sure @Alistair calculated this about 24 hours ago! I hope the TV networks are hiring...
    Using the deeply sophisticated analysis of taking the margin from the first 600k mail votes counted, checking they came from a spread of counties and that Trump counties weren't massively lower and then multiplying the outstanding ballots by the margin.

Then getting on the the State market at 3.85 to save my betting day.
  • Options

Here's a question:

Why doesn't the USA have the Presidential election on one day/week/ month, Congress elections on another day/week/ month, state elections on another day/week/month and local elections on another day/week/month ?

They can’t cope doing it once every four years, so how do you expect them to do it every week?
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949
    rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

rcs1000 said:

About 200k.
    Yeah Michigan is going to be the biggest margin. What's weird is how Minnesota and Wisconsin had such different swings, imho.
  • Options
    Quincel said:

The market won't believe they aren't going to be the nominee the election after they lost, no matter how unlikely it begins to look.

I strongly suspect he won't even run again, but I strongly suspect Trump will be available at single-digit or low double-digit odds until at least the Iowa Caucus (and maybe long after).

David Milliband is obviously going to be the fav.
  • Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    edited November 2020
    Omnium said:

FFS.

Mail ballot was a totally appropriate and legal way of voting particularly in this nasty pandemic.

Don't be silly.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,321
    Omnium said:

I'm sure they're fine, and Trump's noise otherwise isn't worth anything, but nonetheless digging out very heavily biased packages of votes after the polls have closed just feels ugly.

I'd like to see voting rather more heavily controlled in the UK in this light. Electoral fraud should have some insanely nasty penalty too.

There’s such an easy joke I could make about Brexit...
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,732
    https://twitter.com/markgettleson/status/1324450595303002112?s=20

Seems too ridiculous to be true but who knows?
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,056

I would die if Fox is first network to call this for Biden.

They'd love it.

There has been a distinct cooling between them and Trump anymore and their thirst for publicity will, er, trump any lingering loyalty they have to Trump.

What better way to curry favour with the new administration than by announcing Biden as Potus?

Endgame.
  • Options
    Fox has PA down at +102,411
  • Options
    Donald's quiet. Has he been on a 3 hour conference call with the lawyers?
  • Options
    JACK_WJACK_W Posts: 651
    It's actually a Trump rally in Pennsylvania and they're chanting "Lock TSE Up" .... :smiley:
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Alistair said:

Senator Casey says you have overestimated.

Or he is playing safe.
    It's dependent on how many actual ballots are outstanding. This number seems to exist in a state of quantum flux.
  • Options
    Omnium said:

Worth noting that in Georgia, where *all* the State officials and the legislature are Republican, you are seeing exactly the same pattern as Pennsylvania, etc.

Now, they may all hate Trump and be conspiring to get rid of him. Or this may be a very simple artifact of the President encouraging his supporters *not* to vote by mail, while the Dems begged their supporters to.

It's also worth remembering that the swings are pretty consistent between states with little to no mail in voting, and those with lots of main in voting.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Here's a question:

They can’t cope doing it once every four years, so how do you expect them to do it every week?
    Why don’t they do it May, inauguration in June or tied in with 4th July? Why November?
  • Options

JACK_W said:

Trump has not been seen in public for over 36 hours ....

Have Trump and TSE ever been seen in the same room .... asking for a friend in Bedford .... :sunglasses:

Actually, we were in the same restaurant in New York back in 2004.
    FAKE NOODLES!
  • Options
    Luntz’s explanation for the polling error is that a proportion of Trumpers think the polling questions are part of some conspiracy
  • Options
    Omnium said:

It is not election fraud. If you mandate postal votes are counted last, and the President tells his supporters not to vote by mail, you can't be surprised when the mail in ballots favour his opponent so heavily.
  • Options
    @Omnium

Also worth remebering that all the states published the number of requested mail in ballots, and you can look and see if there are discrepencies between states with response rates.
  • Options
    Quincel said:

That is an incredible shout. Excellent tip.
  • Options
    GaussianGaussian Posts: 793
    stodge said:

Susan Rice? Romney has been mentioned too.
  • Options

Omnium said:

FFS.

Mail ballot was a totally appropriate and legal way of voting particularly in this nasty pandemic.

Don't be silly.
    I'm not being silly, and it does make me uncomfortable. If the votes thus cast looked roughly like the votes cast otherwise then fair enough, but they don't.

Thanks for calling me "silly" though - made me smile.
  • Options
    Omnium said:

What "votes from the back of the sofa"?

Do you mean mail-in ballots?
  • Options
    Quincel said:

rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

rcs1000 said:

About 200k.
    Yeah Michigan is going to be the biggest margin. What's weird is how Minnesota and Wisconsin had such different swings, imho.
    I suspect Arizona will be a larger margin for Biden, but we'll see.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,515
    Omnium said:

Errr.. You are aware that these are mostly* ballots received before the election, but not counted until election day because the Republicans didn't like the idea.

So they count the vote on the day first, then the postal votes...

*Yes, some states accept postal ballots received after election day, but franked before election day.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Scott_xP said:
    How do you predict NC Robert?
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Wasn’t that the legal agreement?
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Quincel said:

Trump will run as a 3rd party.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,957
    edited November 2020
    Omnium said:

Votes from the back of the sofa ?
    Very heavily biased ?

Mail in ballots in urban Philly...
  • Options
    Quincel said:

rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

rcs1000 said:

About 200k.
    The polling in Wisconsin really needs some serious investigation. It was 8-10 points off. A real oddity given that MN, MI and PA were all polled pretty accurately.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

stodge said:

Cali is beating New York? Well I never
  • Options
    Omnium said:

Omnium said:

FFS.

Don't be silly.
    I'm not being silly, and it does make me uncomfortable. If the votes thus cast looked roughly like the votes cast otherwise then fair enough, but they don't.

The President told his supporters that mail in ballots were Evul and Wrong (apart from his own). This caused many of his supporters not to vote by mail in ballot.
  • Options
    gealbhan said:

rcs1000 said:

Scott_xP said:
    Given it's all late arriving postals (i.e. Tuesday to next Monday) to count, you have to reckon they'll break heavily for Biden.

I'd say Trump should be narrow favourite, but really narrow.
  • Options
    stodge said:

Perhaps of more interest are the Senate and House elections. In the Senate, 50-50 looks conceivable which would be interesting.

The House looks set to remain in Democrat hands but with a reduced majority which would be remarkable.

That said, a half-pint is better than an empty glass and the White House, House of Reps and a locked Senate wouldn't be too bad for the Democrats.

Would Harris as VP would have the casting vote on a locked Senate, of have I got that wrong?
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527

MaxPB said:

The final result took days to emerge back in 2016.
    I find it odd that some big states - Florida- Texas - Virginia - are able to count at a similar speed to what we are familiar with in the UK and elsewhere ,yet others - Pennsylvania - Georgia - take days to arrive at a clear result.
  • Options
    Omnium said:

Omnium said:

FFS.

Don't be silly.

Why are you comfortable with most of the Election Day vote being mostly Republican, but not the mail votes being mostly Democratic?
  • Options

Omnium said:

Errr.. You are aware that these are mostly* ballots received before the election, but not counted until election day because the Republicans didn't like the idea.

*Yes, some states accept postal ballots received after election day, but franked before election day.
    Aware - tick.

Still feels uncomfortable.
  • Options
    Andy_CookeAndy_Cooke Posts: 4,818

Given how childish Trump is on Twitter, and the likelihood of him going all insulting nickname on whoever he blames for losing, I’m not sure I blame her.

• Options

stodge said:

Would Harris as VP would have the casting vote on a locked Senate, of have I got that wrong?
    Yes.

But that requires the Dems to pick up both Georgia special election seats.

Possible... But far from certain.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

stodge said:

So roughly a 0.9% swing from 2016. Four years and billions of dollars spent, and America has barely moved.
    But a lot more people voted. Trump found extra voters.
  • Options
    JACK_W said:

It's actually a Trump rally in Pennsylvania and they're chanting "Lock TSE Up" .... :smiley:
    Sous les pavés, la plage !
  • Options

Omnium said:

Omnium said:

FFS.

Don't be silly.

The President told his supporters that mail in ballots were Evul and Wrong (apart from his own). This caused many of his supporters not to vote by mail in ballot.
    Trump's stance against mail voting might have cost him WI and GA and maybe even NC as well.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,321

JACK_W said:

Trump has not been seen in public for over 36 hours ....

Have Trump and TSE ever been seen in the same room .... asking for a friend in Bedford .... :sunglasses:

Actually, we were in the same restaurant in New York back in 2004.
    FAKE NOODLES!
    POTus noodles?
  • Options
    EPG said:

Andy_JS said:
    And so the self-indulgent actions of the 'progressives' cost the Democrats the overwhelming victory they needed to have any chance of putting their progressive policies into practice. Nice job, idiots!
    Pelosi is about to lose her job, as she lost seats to the Republicans. So yes it was a loss.

And moderate and centrist Democrats are moving against her as a consequence:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/524503-centrist-democrats-talk-leadership-changes-after-negative-election-results?amp#click=https://t.co/x1QzSgT7Jb
  • Options
    eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,905
    justin124 said:

MaxPB said:

The final result took days to emerge back in 2016.
    I find it odd that some big states - Florida- Texas - Virginia - are able to count at a similar speed to what we are familiar with in the UK and elsewhere ,yet others - Pennsylvania - Georgia - take days to arrive at a clear result.
    I'm sure Florida is still counting. But it's clear who the winner is there. PA is too close to call at the moment, so they have to wait until almost every singe vote has been counted.
  • Options
    I'm starting to think this could be 306.

Looks to me that Biden will carry AZ, NV, PA and GA.

NC is possible (but unlikely) gravy.

306 isn't even close.
  • Options
    I don't know why Biden is still available at 1.08..
  • Options

Given how childish Trump is on Twitter, and the likelihood of him going all insulting nickname on whoever he blames for losing, I’m not sure I blame her.

Yes, woe betide anyone who upsets the Dear Leader.
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578
    @rcs1000 AZ lead for Biden is 1.8pc with 86pc in. Getting to 3-4pc means a hell of a lot of the late vote to Biden which hasn’t been the case so far
  • Options

She would genuinely have concerns for her safety I think.
  • Options

MaxPB said:

rcs1000 said:

About 200k.
    Agree the polling oddity. ButBoth candidates enjoying a (adopted) home state bounce wouldn’t be so odd in hindsight
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

gealbhan said:

rcs1000 said:

Scott_xP said:
    Given it's all late arriving postals (i.e. Tuesday to next Monday) to count, you have to reckon they'll break heavily for Biden.

Yeah, probably GA in reverse I think. Close but no cigar for Biden.
  • Options
    Mal557Mal557 Posts: 662
    So just had a look on the PA votes dashboard updated 10mins ago and the total mail ballots remaining to be counted and declared is 340,375
    https://www.votespa.com/About-Elections/Pages/Counting-Dashboard.aspx
  • Options
    EPG said:

Andy_JS said:
    The Spectator TV podcast which "leans Republican" makes the same point in reverse -- that Trump skewered his own campaign by insulting the military, trivialising the pandemic, and turning the first debate into a shitshow. You could add @MaxPB's observation that telling Republicans not to vote early or by post was self-defeating too (even if he did step back slightly late on). This is not an election either side will look back on with great pleasure.
  • Options

Alistair said:

Quincel said:

Trump will run as a 3rd party.
    The Dems would love that!
  • Options
    Omnium said:

Omnium said:

Aware - tick.

Why?
  • Options

Omnium said:

Omnium said:

FFS.

Don't be silly.

Why are you comfortable with most of the Election Day vote being mostly Republican, but not the mail votes being mostly Democratic?
    I have no view on how people should vote in the US. If part of the process produces a radically different outcome to the main vote then I think its sensible to question it.
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,457
    edited November 2020

306 isn't even close.

Hmm. I agree, but I don't like this representation of ECVs as clear/close/landslide.

If Biden does that he will have done it with wafer thin margins in those states, except possibly PA which may be clearer, just as Trump did in 2016.

The truth is there isn't much in votes between getting 220-240 ECVs and 300-330 ECVs when you're narrowly contesting 5-6 states with wafer thin margins.
  • Options

EPG said:

Andy_JS said:
    The Spectator TV podcast which "leans Republican" makes the same point in reverse -- that Trump skewered his own campaign by insulting the military, trivialising the pandemic, and turning the first debate into a shitshow. You could add @MaxPB's observation that telling Republicans not to vote early or by post was self-defeating too (even if he did step back slightly late on). This is not an election either side will look back on with great pleasure.
    Just take the pandemic. If he had listened to the scientists and led the campaign against the virus he would not only have saved thousands of American lives but would have stormed to a massive landslide victory.

Insane.
  • Options
    Is here a public holiday in the US today? Everything seems to have stopped.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,957

Omnium said:

Omnium said:

FFS.

Don't be silly.

Trump's stance against mail voting might have cost him WI and GA and maybe even NC as well.
    I think any potential swing voter might gravitate to the incumbent when they're physically at the polls. But with a mail in, did a few republicans send them in for Biden when they had the time to think of things at home ?
  • Options

I don't know why Biden is still available at 1.08..

Pennsylvania is 1.11
  • Options
    MrEd said:

@rcs1000 AZ lead for Biden is 1.8pc with 86pc in. Getting to 3-4pc means a hell of a lot of the late vote to Biden which hasn’t been the case so far

An increasing portion of the remainder is late arriving postals.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,290
    edited November 2020
    GA had 1.3 million mail ballots - so the vast, vast majority were counted on the day.

So why are they now taking so long to do the last 50,000? They've literally counted and reported about 10,000 today I think.
  • Options
    Omnium said:

Omnium said:

Omnium said:

FFS.

Don't be silly.

I have no view on how people should vote in the US. If part of the process produces a radically different outcome to the main vote then I think its sensible to question it.
    produces a radically different outcome

No, both contribute to the same outcome.

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,898
    That someone would suggest it is troubling enough.
    Cannot see the youngbloods and old firebrands being happy with that. They probably think Biden was too old school and moderate to fire up the supporters.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

gealbhan said:

rcs1000 said:

Scott_xP said:

Yeah, probably GA in reverse I think. Close but no cigar for Biden.
    Thank you. 🙂

And sadly Cal will always get blame for losing it, whilst on the night many other Dems lost without trouser snake issues 😕
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/GerryHassan/status/1324441351208030211?s=20

SNP OVERALL MAJORITY: 11 SEATS;
    PRO-INDY MAJORITY: 31 SEATS.

Nothing a little SLab/SCon/SLD tactical voting can't sort, I'm sure.
  • Options
    Omnium said:

Omnium said:

Omnium said:

FFS.

Don't be silly.

In some states the mail in is the main vote.
  • Options

306 isn't even close.

Hmm. I agree, but I don't like this representation of ECVs as clear/close/landslide.

If Biden does that he will have done it with wafer thin margins in those states, except possibly PA which may be clearer, just as Trump did in 2016.

The truth is there isn't much in votes between getting 220-240 ECVs and 300-330 ECVs when you're narrowly contesting 5-6 states with wafer thin margins.
    Well hang on a minute, in 2106 we were all talking about the Dems gathering large numbers of votes in the wrong places.

This is just a crappy effect of FPTP. Biden likely to finish >4% ahead in the PV (which was good enough for Brexit!)
  • Options
    EPG said:

Andy_JS said:

Suspect some on PB aren't quite aware of what a gigantic, sweet victory this will be – for Biden and the whole world.
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869
    Omnium said:

Omnium said:

Aware - tick.

That's what many people feel about transferable votes. The candidate who 'wins' the first round doesn't necessarily win.

Good evening, everybody. I've very much enjoyed following this election through your posts.
  • Options

306 isn't even close.

True but with the biggest popular vote mandate of any President in US history.

Not too shabby.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,898
    MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

DougSeal said:
    Seriously, how long does it take to count 11,300 votes?
    The mail ballot machines can do 750 ballots an hour I have read. So depending on the number of machines... A really long time.
    A person can go much faster and people are cheap and temporary to hire.

America has a lot to learn from us about conducting elections.
    There are more than a dozen votes in an individual ballot.
    Hire more people or have a pencil, paper and person approach for the presidential ballot and do the other ones with the machines.

This is just farcical. The US is supposed to be a first world country and they can't even count the votes of the most important election they have every four years.
    Yes, I find the 'there are lots of votes on a ballot' an unconvincing excuse since even if the separate presidential ballot idea is unreasonable or unncessary there are as you say there are others things one can easily do to speed things up.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,082

Is here a public holiday in the US today? Everything seems to have stopped.

Their work ethic is crap. I thought Americans loved work?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,106
    edited November 2020

Nothing a little SLab/SCon/SLD tactical voting can't sort, I'm sure.

At the rate they're going, every unionist in Scotland will have their own separate unity coalition to vote for.
  • Options
    American stock market up about 7% since it became clear that Biden would win.
    Surprising.
  • Options

Omnium said:

Omnium said:

FFS.

Don't be silly.

That may well be the case here in many elections, and in the Brexit referendum, but as we don't have a running tab at the counts we would never know.
This discussion has been closed.