Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The WH2020 count goes on with still no sign of a resolution – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

DougSeal said:
    Seriously, how long does it take to count 11,300 votes?
    The mail ballot machines can do 750 ballots an hour I have read. So depending on the number of machines... A really long time.
    A person can go much faster and people are cheap and temporary to hire.

America has a lot to learn from us about conducting elections.
    There are more than a dozen votes in an individual ballot.
  • Options
    47k ballots outstanding in GA apparently.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,610
    Andy_JS said:

In the UK we counted 33.5 million votes in 9 hours, so counting 160 million votes should take 43 hours using that metric.

Nah, we'd spend more money and increase the bandwidth of votes counted per hour and do it in 9 hours.
  • Options
    eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,900

PA, NV, AZ, GE, NC, somebody please, anybody, post some results!

We've had TEXMEX, we've had The WIMIPA states now we have the GENVPANCAZ states!
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,053
    Yokes said:

Just pointing this out:

The way people get on about Trump as if he is an evil genius who can somehow turn everything around by nefarious means. Way too much credit. He is a man and a weak one at that.

Yup. 270 to win.

And then it’s all over.

Everything else is gravy.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,313

ydoethur said:

IanB2 said:

Georgia SoS press conf in ten mins

Ooooh. Result?
    I wish. We'll probably be told the counter (there can surely be only one given the time it's taken) has broken their thumb.
    Sadly just a list of uncounted votes
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

In the UK we counted 33.5 million votes in 9 hours, so counting 160 million votes should take 43 hours using that metric.

Do we know on what days each state finally completes its count ?

And how that varies from election to election ?
  • Options
    I'm not saying the official votespa.com website is a pile of shit but it is showing one county as having -3 mail ballots to count.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Tbf you need to add in the pre-count verification sessions
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

CatMan said:

DougSeal said:

Mal557 said:

ydoethur said:

Please, please pretty please let Fox be the one to declare Biden the winner.

Karma’s a bitch...but it would be absolutely pant-wettingly funny.
    I'm suprised the other networks dont call NV just to try to push Fox into calling the election for Biden , yes
    I'm not sure the Fox/Trump love-in is quite what it was. Jared was on the phone to Rupert on Tuesday night apparently to get him to pull the Arizona call. Obviously they wouldn't. There are a number of stories going around that say he wants to launch a rival network, or join the one he's been praising to the skies recently (whose name I forget), and they may not be that averse to calling against a potential rival.
    OANN

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_America_News_Network
    That's the fella! Thanks.
    I'm sure the first N is in the wrong position there.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,290
    Alistair said:

MikeL said:

Trump just had his best batch in PA:

Biden 1,509
    Trump 1,404

Where are you getting the updates? Would love to obsessively follow.
    I have 4 results websites open - they update at different times so when one updates you can calculate difference:

AP
    CNN
    Decision Desk
    Fox
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

They aren't counting 160 million votes, they are counting at least a billion and more like 2 billion due to how many elections and propositions are on the average ballot paper
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985
    MaxPB said:

Andy_JS said:

Nah, we'd spend more money and increase the bandwidth of votes counted per hour and do it in 9 hours.
    Wouldn't want to keep HM waiting to kiss hands.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

I'm not saying the official votespa.com website is a pile of shit but it is showing one county as having -3 mail ballots to count.

😂
  • Options

Yokes said:

Just pointing this out:

The way people get on about Trump as if he is an evil genius who can somehow turn everything around by nefarious means. Way too much credit. He is a man and a weak one at that.

Yup. 270 to win.

And then it’s all over.

Not if you have money bet on individual states and overall margins.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,720
    Alistair said:

Ssssh! Don't tell Donald!
  • Options
    Unbelievable. One GA county printed its own ballots and they aren’t the right size for the counting machine. So they are scaling them one at a time so they can go through the machine.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

DougSeal said:
    The mail ballot machines can do 750 ballots an hour I have read. So depending on the number of machines... A really long time.

Hire more people or have a pencil, paper and person approach for the presidential ballot and do the other ones with the machines.

This is just farcical. The US is supposed to be a first world country and they can't even count the votes of the most important election they have every four years.
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578
    Alistair said:

Mr Ed has got almost all his calls wrong.

I have no idea whatsoever why he is lauded on here as some kind of seer.

(As polite a chap as he is)

It's Thursday night. We still don't have a winner. Mr Ed was nearer the mark than all those here who were only arguing over how big Biden's margin would - bigly or yuge...

So I cut him some slack.

(I of course called the Biden win at one minute past midnight, Wednesday morning. But I expressed no opinion as to how tight it would be.)
    He's been pushing conspiracy theories, misunderstanding the entire mathematical field of statistical sampling and until recently resolutely trying to mislead people about the course of the Pennsylvania count in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary.

And he called the election wrong.

I would also question his levels of politeness.
    Thanks @MarqueeMark

, @Alistair

Re politeness, I think you’ll find that the only time I tend to bite is when people have been rude to me. That includes you. You seem like one of those typical whiners who gives it out but can’t take it and cries “it’s not fair” when gets challenged.

Re PA, I explained my workings, you challenged it, I said ok I accept that and said no more. @Barnesian seemed to think they had merit

Re conspiracy theories, err no. What I said were there were questions and reported what I heard the Trump campaign said. I also said if it was the reverse you would all be crying foul.

• Options
    MikeL said:

Alistair said:

MikeL said:

Biden 1,509
    Trump 1,404

Where are you getting the updates? Would love to obsessively follow.
    I have 4 results websites open - they update at different times so when one updates you can calculate difference:

AP
    CNN
    Decision Desk
    Fox
    Yeah, deffo not doing that on a mobile! You are a hero.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    GA has almost ground to a halt - this press conference suggests very little progress is being made.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,952
    edited November 2020
    Lucky Dad - to think I was on my doorstep clapping the NHS when their neglect could have been killing him

https://twitter.com/Sapere_vivere/status/1324345063397273606?s=20
  • Options
    Alistair said:

That is because - as we discussed yesterday - the total vote figure is an estimate and not the actual figure. Once a country confirms it has completed, the figures are balanced by adjusting the amount outstanding to zero
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,320
    IanB2 said:

Unbelievable. One GA county printed its own ballots and they aren’t the right size for the counting machine. So they are scaling them one at a time so they can go through the machine.

That is unbelievable. Why not just count the bloody things by hand?

Honestly, these Yanks. Team America nailed it with that computer malfunction scene.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:
    In shock news people who voted for the racist didn't like anti-racist protests.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,352

LadyG said:

Omnium said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

58,000 cases in France today. New record.

Be nice to know the uk numbers but apparently not possible to do this...
    58,000 cases implies 3000-5000 new hospitalisations, and ~1000 in ICU? In one day
    25,177 seems to be the days number.

Perhaps though not the basis you wanted.

I think we test a bit more than France, so they're perhaps in 2-4x a worse place than us.

We'll have a spike after tonight anyway. Huddled up and daft Guy-Fawkers.
    It's pretty shit, wherever you look, across Europe now. From Russia to Portugal
    How's Putin's vaccine working, I wonder?
    Certainly doesn't seem to be having any noticeable effect - infections higher than ever. The Chinese don't seem to be having a fresh wave, though - not sure if that's rigid distancing or their vaccine or something else. But it'd be good to know, irrespective of what we think of the Chinese government.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,031

Andy_JS said:

Almost none of the counts are fully finished. There are usually military ballots that are still to be recieved, and in many cases provisional ballots that can either end up being counted or not.

What happens, though, is that when there is a commaning lead, the AP/CNN/Fox "declare" for a candidate. That's the point at which they are supposed to be 99.99% certain of a result.

Now, some states allow ballots posted before (or even on) election day to count so long as they're recieved in the following couple of days (AZ, PA) or even a whole week after the election (North Carolina). Normally, the winner is clear long before these are counted, so no-one really worries about them.

• Options

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

To repeat what I said earlier, I don't think the Supreme Court is going to weigh in on anything electoral related without overwhelming evidence. Simply, whatever their political views, they're mostly professionals and they all have their eyes on the history books. (Plus, the last thing they want to do is to encourage the Dems to pack the court when they next get to 50 Senators.)

Alan Dershowitz on Bush-Gore 2000 Supreme Court decision:

"The decision in the Florida election case may be ranked as the single most corrupt decision in Supreme Court history, because it is the only one that I know of where the majority justices decided as they did because of the personal identity and political affiliation of the litigants. This was cheating, and a violation of the judicial oath"

Hope you are right, but can't share your optimism if there are just 1 or 2 states in it. Hopefully its 3,4 or even 5.
    But the bar for overturning something - especially in an election - has to be high. And Bush was leading.
    Kavanaugh recently said that states invite "chaos and suspicions of impropriety" if "thousands of absentee ballots flow in after election day and potentially flip the results of an election."

Well thats just happened, how will he respond if given the opportunity? I hope I am being overly cynical rather than you being overly naive here.
    Kavanaugh is correct there.

Are there any other western countries which take weeks to fully count elections ?
    Not a "western" country, I know, but India counted the 615 million votes at the 2019 election within 4 days.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,779
  • Options
    Here's a question:

Why doesn't the USA have the Presidential election on one day/week/ month, Congress elections on another day/week/ month, state elections on another day/week/month and local elections on another day/week/month ?
  • Options
    isam said:
    I very nearly did that in Ulaanbaatar; the person I was walking with had to pull me aside sharply just before I would have fallen.
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    Alistair said:

Andy_JS said:
    That crowd looks like a hoard of zombies
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Don't be so smug. Germany counts most of its 46 million votes within 3 hours.

• Options
    So basically the Georgia count is broken LOL. I think we're going to have to hope PA finishes soon if we want any resolution in the next 24 hours.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

IanB2 said:

Honestly, these Yanks. Team America nailed it with that computer malfunction scene.
    They are actually copying them by hand onto a paper the right size and then putting it into the machine
  • Options
    JACK_WJACK_W Posts: 651
    Trump has not been seen in public for over 36 hours ....

Have Trump and TSE ever been seen in the same room .... asking for a friend in Bedford .... :sunglasses:
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited November 2020
    Germany, France, Poland, US, Italy, etc etc etc, cases all exploding....its going to be a long winter.
  • Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,791
    edited November 2020
    MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

DougSeal said:

Hire more people or have a pencil, paper and person approach for the presidential ballot and do the other ones with the machines.

This is just farcical. The US is supposed to be a first world country and they can't even count the votes of the most important election they have every four years.
    Georgia guy saying it took 5 days to count 5000 votes when they had to do them by hand!

They also have to prepare for four separate run off elections in the next 2 months on multiple dates, and manage a potential recount and legal challenges!
  • Options
    eristdoof said:

Andy_JS said:

Don't be so smug. Germany counts most of its 46 million votes within 3 hours.

That's nothing, in North Korea they get the results out before people have even started voting.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Think we finally found those illegal dead voters
  • Options
    JACK_W said:

Have Trump and TSE ever been seen in the same room .... asking for a friend in Bedford .... :sunglasses:

Trump is probably too busy appropriating anything of value from the White House....
  • Options
    Just for comparison, GA has sent out 8,800 military ballots, and doesn’t know how many will come back.
  • Options
    JACK_W said:

Actually, we were in the same restaurant in New York back in 2004.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,655

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

To repeat what I said earlier, I don't think the Supreme Court is going to weigh in on anything electoral related without overwhelming evidence. Simply, whatever their political views, they're mostly professionals and they all have their eyes on the history books. (Plus, the last thing they want to do is to encourage the Dems to pack the court when they next get to 50 Senators.)

Alan Dershowitz on Bush-Gore 2000 Supreme Court decision:

"The decision in the Florida election case may be ranked as the single most corrupt decision in Supreme Court history, because it is the only one that I know of where the majority justices decided as they did because of the personal identity and political affiliation of the litigants. This was cheating, and a violation of the judicial oath"

Hope you are right, but can't share your optimism if there are just 1 or 2 states in it. Hopefully its 3,4 or even 5.
    But the bar for overturning something - especially in an election - has to be high. And Bush was leading.
    Kavanaugh recently said that states invite "chaos and suspicions of impropriety" if "thousands of absentee ballots flow in after election day and potentially flip the results of an election."

Well thats just happened, how will he respond if given the opportunity? I hope I am being overly cynical rather than you being overly naive here.
    Kavanaugh is correct there.

Are there any other western countries which take weeks to fully count elections ?
    Not a "western" country, I know, but India counted the 615 million votes at the 2019 election within 4 days.
    It's a lot simpler when all of the votes from a village are for the same candidate.
  • Options

Yokes said:

Just pointing this out:

Yup. 270 to win.

And then it’s all over.

Not if you have money bet on individual states and overall margins.
    Sure, but I was responding to his post.
  • Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    I want to thank everyone for recommending The Queen's Gambit. It is quite, quite, wonderful.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10048342/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:
    On my computer, CNN website has 108,602.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

ydoethur said:

IanB2 said:

They are actually copying them by hand onto a paper the right size and then putting it into the machine
    FFS, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG WITH THAT?

I hate it when even Donald Trump has sort of a point....
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,892

ydoethur said:

Trump case dismissed in Michigan. Filed at the wrong time, against the wrong person.

How incompetent are these loons?

Trump said file lots of lawsuits, so they're just randomly filing lots of hopeless lawsuits.
    Who do you imagine is going to finance these lawsuits?
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:
    Wow.

Into five figures.
  • Options

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

DougSeal said:

Georgia guy saying it took 5 days to count 5000 votes when they had to do them by hand!

They also have to prepare for four separate run off elections in the next 2 months on multiple dates, and manage a potential recount and legal challenges!
    Do they have one old biddy who forgot her glasses at home doing the counting or something?
  • Options
    @HYFUD please stop spamming the site with irrelevant tweets
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,960

JACK_W said:

Trump is probably too busy appropriating anything of value from the White House....
    I'm disappointed there hasn't been a really good downfall parody yet.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Andy_JS said:

Almost none of the counts are fully finished. There are usually military ballots that are still to be recieved, and in many cases provisional ballots that can either end up being counted or not.

What happens, though, is that when there is a commaning lead, the AP/CNN/Fox "declare" for a candidate. That's the point at which they are supposed to be 99.99% certain of a result.

Now, some states allow ballots posted before (or even on) election day to count so long as they're recieved in the following couple of days (AZ, PA) or even a whole week after the election (North Carolina). Normally, the winner is clear long before these are counted, so no-one really worries about them.

Sure I know all that.

But the whole 'voters who live abroad' reason also applies to every western country but they don't piss around for weeks on end.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,526
    edited November 2020
    Serves the Norn Irish right for keep on electing the DUP.

https://twitter.com/DPhinnemore/status/1324428690751660035
  • Options
    JACK_WJACK_W Posts: 651

JACK_W said:

Pizza Express ... with added pineapple ?!? .... :smile:
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Andy_JS said:
    101k on NYT.
  • Options

JACK_W said:

I take it he ordered a medium-sized Hawaiian?

And after he’d finished with her, a pizza with pineapple?
  • Options
    Mal557Mal557 Posts: 662
    MaxPB said:

MikeL said:

Andy_JS said:
    101k on NYT.
    Trumps computer tells him he's leading by 400,000 still!
  • Options
    MikeL said:

GA has almost ground to a halt - this press conference suggests very little progress is being made.

Yup.

All eyes on PA.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/mattschaar/status/1324438959410286593?s=20

Sorry if that has been shared already. Was watching episode 2 of The Queen's Gambit.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Biden 1,509
    Trump 1,404

Presumably some small rural county?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    PA report:

Biden 6,745
    Trump 788

Lead now 102,645
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,135
    Andy_JS said:
    I think that's wrong.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Just for comparison, GA has sent out 8,800 military ballots, and doesn’t know how many will come back.

As commander in chief you just know Trump is going to say 'these 8800 vote for the military? bank them'
  • Options
    The PA crossover moment is going to be quite something (assuming the other 3 don't declare before it happens).

• Options
    Roger said:

ydoethur said:

Trump case dismissed in Michigan. Filed at the wrong time, against the wrong person.

Trump said file lots of lawsuits, so they're just randomly filing lots of hopeless lawsuits.
    His gullible supporters, of course.
  • Options
    USPS being told to sweep sorting offices for ballot papers
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,728
    IanB2 said:

ydoethur said:

IanB2 said:

Are Boss Hogg and Sheriff Roscoe in charge?
  • Options
    YokesYokes Posts: 1,202
    Alistair said:

Andy_JS said:
    Actually that's a gross oversimplification typical of the idiocy this side of the water. Abigail Spanberger the Democrat Congresswoman has been very clear that the protests move into Defund the Police talk has cost the House Dems serious problems. She should know.

It's not racist if you are a citizen and others are demanding the police effectively don't get funding ie dont operate, its perfectly understandable that MANY have a problem with it.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Andy_JS said:

Sure I know all that.

But the whole 'voters who live abroad' reason also applies to every western country but they don't piss around for weeks on end.
    Most western country does not have an electoral college system with FPTP in only 51 "Constituencies". That is what causes 0.01% of the votes to be so crucial.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,720

The PA crossover moment is going to be quite something (assuming the other 3 don't declare before it happens).

Yes. We may be out of lockdown before then though :(
  • Options

MikeL said:

Yup.

All eyes on PA.
    Just to prove I can do conspiracy theories on both sides :)

I did say earlier that with the SOS being Republican that, if it looked like Trump wasn’t winning, they would be scouring the rural counties for where they could add extra votes.

I don’t know what county this is but, if I had to bet, I would say probably strongly R

(Apologies if the SOS did mention the county and I missed it)
  • Options
    MikeL said:

PA report:

Biden 6,745
    Trump 788

Lead now 102,645

Biden 90%,,,,sounds like maybe from Philli?
  • Options
    MrEd said:

MikeL said:

Yup.

All eyes on PA.
    Just to prove I can do conspiracy theories on both sides :)

I did say earlier that with the SOS being Republican that, if it looked like Trump wasn’t winning, they would be scouring the rural counties for where they could add extra votes.

I don’t know what county this is but, if I had to bet, I would say probably strongly R

(Apologies if the SOS did mention the county and I missed it)
    PS I haven’t seen the latest count on the Senate race but given the percentages earlier, there may be implications there
  • Options

I'm pretty sure we'll get PA first.

Georgia is busy correcting ballots that are the wrong size, Nevada appears to be working to a "count one ballot per hour" rule and I can only assume that the entire state of Arizona has detached itself from the planet and is now drifting somewhere out in space given we haven't heard a peep from them in hours.
  • Options

Here's a question:

Why doesn't the USA have the Presidential election on one day/week/ month, Congress elections on another day/week/ month, state elections on another day/week/month and local elections on another day/week/month ?

Tradition.
  • Options
    gealbhangealbhan Posts: 2,362
    Mal557 said:

IanB2 said:

As commander in chief you just know Trump is going to say 'these 8800 vote for the military? bank them'
    I understand Hilary won Georgia military ballots last time. Trump has hardly endeared himself to military and veterans?

Can military ballots change the count on Florida, or is Florida count mathematically out of Biden reach?
  • Options
    BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556
    Andy_JS said:
    And so the self-indulgent actions of the 'progressives' cost the Democrats the overwhelming victory they needed to have any chance of putting their progressive policies into practice. Nice job, idiots!
  • Options

Sorry if that has been shared already. Was watching episode 2 of The Queen's Gambit.

The margin in Pennsylvania is not going to be particularly close.
  • Options
    Mal557 said:

MikeL said:

PA report:

Biden 6,745
    Trump 788

Lead now 102,645

Biden 90%,,,,sounds like maybe from Philli?
    Almost certainly.

This is their results page:

https://results.philadelphiavotes.com/ResultsSW.aspx?type=FED&map=CTY
  • Options

Here's a question:

There wouldn't be time for SCOTUS to get through all the lawsuits.

• Options

c4
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

About 200k.
  • Options

Here's a question:

Walmart would run out of ammo?
  • Options

I'm pretty sure we'll get PA first.

Georgia is busy correcting ballots that are the wrong size, Nevada appears to be working to a "count one ballot per hour" rule and I can only assume that the entire state of Arizona has detached itself from the planet and is now drifting somewhere out in space given we haven't heard a peep from them in hours.
    Arf!
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,081
    MaxPB said:

rcs1000 said:

About 200k.
    I'm sure @Alistair calculated this about 24 hours ago! I hope the TV networks are hiring...
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,877
    Evening all :)

Have tried to follow the twists and turns during the day and hopefully plenty have made a quick profit (or even a slow one).

Can Biden take all of Nevada, Georgia, North Carolina and Georgia? Unlikely but not impossible. That would end up 322-216 which would look much more comfortable than the base numbers suggest. Currently, a 2.1% lead for Clinton has become a 2.7% for Biden so that's a 0.3% swing but in terms of ECV a considerable shift potentially.

Basically, the Democrats and Republicans have 20 "safe" states (including DC for the blues).

Of the remaining 11 "marginal" states, Trump won 10 last time (the exception being Nevada). So far, Biden has flipped Michigan, Wisconsin and Arizona and to win the other three he lost last time, would leave the Democrats with seven and the Republicans with four.

As an aside, does anyone know who would be Secretary of State in a Biden administration?
  • Options
    Yokes said:

Alistair said:

Andy_JS said:
    Actually that's a gross oversimplification typical of the idiocy this side of the water. Abigail Spanberger the Democrat Congresswoman has been very clear that the protests move into Defund the Police talk has cost the House Dems serious problems. She should know.

It's not racist if you are a citizen and others are demanding the police effectively don't get funding ie dont operate, its perfectly understandable that MANY have a problem with it.
    Defund the police was an incredibly stupid and misleading slogan to adopt
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,728
    Roger said:

ydoethur said:

Am I the only one quite happy with the lawsuits? They do delay things a bit, but do on the other hand expose the claims of fiddling to proper scrutiny. I expect most of them to be chucked out as without merit.

Not that the Q Anon nutters would be convinced, but normal folk might.
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,488
    edited November 2020
    Andy_JS said:

Here's a question:

Tradition.
    Law as well I think. I believe election day has to be "the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November" or something arcane like that.

Because of course you can't have an election on Tuesday 1 November. That would be very silly.
  • Options

THAT'S WHAT I SAID YESTERDAY

https://vf.politicalbetting.com/discussion/comment/3099018/#Comment_3099018

Why they are wasting time counting votes when I can just call it I don't know.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

No indeed. Democrat officials said yesterday it would be between 100k and 200k. It now looks close to the upper.

It's neat if Pa. does finish today because then this won't drag on further. The remaining states will be filler.
  • Options
    In 2016 the Democrats carried Philadelphia County by 475,277. They currently lead by 377,945. So if they do as well as last time in terms of vote lead, they'll add another 97,332 votes to their vote lead in Pennsylvania.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_presidential_election_in_Pennsylvania#By_county
    https://results.philadelphiavotes.com/ResultsSW.aspx?type=FED&map=CTY
This discussion has been closed.