Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

UK punters getting nervous about Biden’s prospects and the money is going on Trump – politicalbettin

SystemSystem Posts: 11,007
edited November 2020 in General
imageUK punters getting nervous about Biden’s prospects and the money is going on Trump – politicalbetting.com

Chart from Betdata.io of the Betfair exchange market.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    1st?
  • Options
    Second like Biden
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,940
    edited November 2020
    If Trump loses and Biden only wins narrowly I would certainly expect Trump to run again in 2024.

No other Republican would likely be able to beat him for the nomination and Harris would be an easier opponent for him than Biden and he could paint her as radical left in a way he could not do for the former Vice President, assuming Biden will be too old to run again.

It would take a Biden-Harris landslide of LBJ 1964 levels and Trump to face the worst GOP defeat since Goldwater for him to leave the scene even if defeated
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,043
    edited November 2020
    HYUFD said:

If Trump loses and Biden only wins narrowly I would certainly expect Trump to run again in 2024.

No other Republican would likely be able to beat him for the nomination and Harris would be an easier opponent for him than Biden and he could paint her as radical left in a way he could not do for the former Vice President, assuming Biden will be too old to run again.

It would take a Biden-Harris landslide of LBJ 1964 levels and Trump to face the worst GOP defeat since Goldwater for him to leave the scene even if defeated

Can he run his campaign from Attica?
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,108
    HYUFD said:

Would this do it? -

https://www.270towin.com/maps/AJjQW

Plus 12m down in the PV.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,451
    Good afternoon.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    kinabalu said:

HYUFD said:

Would this do it? -

https://www.270towin.com/maps/AJjQW

Plus 12m down in the PV.
    That would just about do it, it would still be slightly better for Trump than the 52 EC votes Goldwater got in 1964 but would be worse than the 159 EC votes Dole got in 1996 which is the worst GOP defeat currently at a presidential election since 1964
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    HYUFD said:

No - they will run Ivanka. The GOP would not run a candidate limited to a one-term presidency
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,097
    HYUFD said:

If Trump loses expect him to be airbrushed out of Republican history almost immediately. A candidacy in 2024 would be sheer fantasy.
  • Options
    Chris said:

HYUFD said:

If Trump loses expect him to be airbrushed out of Republican history almost immediately. A candidacy in 2024 would be sheer fantasy.
    He'd be 78 years old to boot...
  • Options

HYUFD said:

No - they will run Ivanka. The GOP would not run a candidate limited to a one-term presidency
    You can run for 2 non consecutive terms as Cleveland did in the 19th century if you lose your first re election battle, Ivanka is too RINO for the GOP base anyway unlike her father
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

You can run for 2 non consecutive terms as Cleveland did in the 19th century if you lose your first re election battle, Ivanka is too RINO for the GOP base anyway unlike her father
    Yeah but this isn't the 19th century. Trump will endorse one of kids in an attempt to go for a George W Bush style name boost. You're right that it may not be Ivanka.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Chris said:

HYUFD said:

If he only loses narrowly this year in 2024 the GOP base which makes up their primary vote and chooses the GOP nominee will still be behind him if he runs again, they will only abandon him if he is trounced as it took a Labour trouncing and their worst defeat since 1935 last year for the Labour membership to shift from Corbyn to Starmer this year
  • Options
    Maybe Trump told his aides he'd be "on the run" in 2024?
  • Options
    Does Han Dodges read PB.com?

https://twitter.com/dpjhodges/status/1323613856111960069?s=21

Mr Navabi pointed this out on the previous thread (though not the pattern Mr Dodges mentions).
  • Options
    Chris said:

HYUFD said:

Id expect Trump TV to be the dominant influence of the Republican party in 2024. Kingmaker and influencer rather than candidate.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    Told ya so.
  • Options

Mr Navabi pointed this out on the previous thread (though not the pattern Mr Dodges mentions).

Occasionally, plus he does follow me on Twitter.
  • Options
    Late to the new thread like the absolute twats who turn up to the polling station on election day 1 minute after it closes and then have a meltdown about how unfair it all is.
  • Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 5,818

Registrations are not the be all and end all. Some states are 'high crossover' and there are many independents. Its a secret ballot FFS.
  • Options
    From the people who chanted 'Jews will not replace us'?

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1323617890948571140
  • Options
    I’m always amazed by the amount of live data you can get on US elections vs our own (yeah I have a crap memory). We must look really weird to them.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited November 2020
    Trump lives for his rallies...all the other stuff, like actually running the free world, Boooooring, but the opportunity to freestyle for an hour to 50,000 adoring fans is what he loves.

If he going to turn into similar to one of those aging rock bands, who weren't that good to start with, but had a couple of big hits and still at 70 they just have to continue to tour to have their egos stroked.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,097
    HYUFD said:

Chris said:

HYUFD said:

If he only loses narrowly this year in 2024 the GOP base which makes up their primary vote and chooses the GOP nominee will still be behind him if he runs again, they will only abandon him if he is trounced as it took a Labour trouncing and their worst defeat since 1935 last year for the Labour membership to shift from Corbyn to Starmer this year
    How long will it be this time before you're pretending you never said any of this stuff?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,017

Trump lives for his rallies...all the other stuff, like actually running the free world, Boooooring, but the opportunity to freestyle for an hour to 50,000 adoring fans is what he loves.

If he going to turn into similar to one of those aging rock bands, who weren't that good to start with, but had a couple of big hits and still at 70 they just have to continue to tour to have their egos stroked.

He even performed The Snake a couple of days ago, for old time's sake.
  • Options

I think we can safely assume that no future President will send him on a delicate diplomatic mission...
  • Options

Yes, Trump is like Boris in that respect, governing is an awful bore but they love campaigning.

May and Hillary were the opposite, they loved the technical aspects of government and policy, they were hopeless campaigners
  • Options

I think we can safely assume that no future President will send him on a delicate diplomatic mission...
    Ambassador to North Korea?
  • Options
    If he does lose (which I expect), Trump TV is going to be yuuuuuuge...i mean look at the numbers the second rate surrogates like Hannity do, when his fans can have the real deal on 5 nights a week.
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578

Being slightly sceptical here but let's say you wanted to discredit Trump - surely this is the sort of thing you would do?
  • Options
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,903
    Trump seems to be drifting back out a bit now.

He's back out to 2.78 on Betfair Exchange.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

Being slightly sceptical here but let's say you wanted to discredit Trump - surely this is the sort of thing you would do?
    Always defending the bigots, why am I not surprised.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,077
    MrEd said:

:D Yeah yeah, false flag, bla bla
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited November 2020
    What happened in 2000?

I don't think Biden will be angered by leaders being diplomatic, I don't think he's remotely as insecure as Trump is.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

There are unconfirmed reports of Jussie Smollett being seen in the area with a MAGA hat on and a can of red paint.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,244
    fpt

Vienna gunman, 20, who killed four and wounded 17 was released early from prison on terror charges because of his age, had wanted to join ISIS in Syria - but 'was deemed incapable of an attack'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8906871/Shots-fired-near-synagogue-Vienna-police-say-major-operation-underway.html

FFS this sums up European handling of the problem.

Had they tried to keep him in jail I can imagine all sorts of human rights lawyers taking the government to the cleaners.
    You want to defend western democratic values against islamism by ripping up the rule of law, its very foundation?

You my friend may want to think that through.
    I could have guessed that you would have supported releasing this bloke to allow him to go on a gun rampage.

I don't want to rip up the rule of law, I want the law changed to stop people like this getting released for a very long time before being deported.
    Again, stop putting words in my mouth.

If you want to change the law that's fine, but stop whinging about "human rights lawyers" who are simply ensuring that the Government operates within the law as it currently is.
    Why is it wrong to complain about lawyers using every trick to pervert the system?

How is that any different to complaining about aggressive tax avoidance?

Are lawyers perverting the system within the law any better than accountants doing the same?

If someone is lawfully avoiding paying taxes by their accountants using every trick in the book - or if someone is lawfully avoiding deportation by their lawyers using every trick in the book - should governments, campaigners and voters just accept that? Or should they identify the problem and look to fix it by closing the loopholes?
    Because this isn't about money, this is about people's liberty.

People like @DAlexander are very quick to criticise but very slow to produce any actual solutions.

If you want to dis-apply the Human Rights Act to "terrorism" suspects you then are into the territory of what constitutes a "terrorist" - is it simply at the whim of the Government? The court? Are you comfortable that your human rights could be similarly taken away, almost on an arbitrary basis?

You may be comfortable with that but people like @DAlexander never want to discuss the hard questions.
    The bloke tried to join ISIS, I think it's a fairly reasonable conclusion to draw that he should be behind bars.
    Forever?

And please note I am not defending this bloke. I'm not defending him whatsoever. I am defending "human rights lawyers".
    Until at the very least he's deemed no longer a danger to the public.

The problem isn't lawyers who get involved when there is a clear case of the law not being implemented correctly, but that isn't what happens. There are a group of human rights lawyers who target these particular cases and use every legal loophole and trick in the book to get them out of jail.
    Isn't that exactly what happened in this case? He was deemed no longer a danger to the public.

See you don't actually have a solution at all. You just like to whine about "lefty human rights lawyers".
    He was released early because of his age.

My solution for Islamic terrorists is jail and then deportation at the end of the sentence.
    What about the 7/7 perpetrators. Where in Leeds or Bucks would you have deported them to?
  • Options
    I will be suitably entertained whatever happens tonight. If Biden hands Trump his ass on a platter great. If Trump pulls off a shock GONSDAP win then lol funny.

Never mind Trump saying "build that wall". If he wins again I can see Canada wanting to close the border to Gilead.
  • Options
    You congratulate the winner. The loser might be annoyed with you for 3 months but in three months time he will likely be in an orange jumpsuit with other things to worry about.
  • Options

MrEd said:

:D Yeah yeah, false flag, bla bla
    Easy to tell if it’s Trump supporters. Is the spelling correct?
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

fpt

Vienna gunman, 20, who killed four and wounded 17 was released early from prison on terror charges because of his age, had wanted to join ISIS in Syria - but 'was deemed incapable of an attack'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8906871/Shots-fired-near-synagogue-Vienna-police-say-major-operation-underway.html

Had they tried to keep him in jail I can imagine all sorts of human rights lawyers taking the government to the cleaners.
    You want to defend western democratic values against islamism by ripping up the rule of law, its very foundation?

I could have guessed that you would have supported releasing this bloke to allow him to go on a gun rampage.

I don't want to rip up the rule of law, I want the law changed to stop people like this getting released for a very long time before being deported.

If you want to change the law that's fine, but stop whinging about "human rights lawyers" who are simply ensuring that the Government operates within the law as it currently is.
    Why is it wrong to complain about lawyers using every trick to pervert the system?

Are lawyers perverting the system within the law any better than accountants doing the same?

If someone is lawfully avoiding paying taxes by their accountants using every trick in the book - or if someone is lawfully avoiding deportation by their lawyers using every trick in the book - should governments, campaigners and voters just accept that? Or should they identify the problem and look to fix it by closing the loopholes?

People like @DAlexander are very quick to criticise but very slow to produce any actual solutions.

If you want to dis-apply the Human Rights Act to "terrorism" suspects you then are into the territory of what constitutes a "terrorist" - is it simply at the whim of the Government? The court? Are you comfortable that your human rights could be similarly taken away, almost on an arbitrary basis?

You may be comfortable with that but people like @DAlexander never want to discuss the hard questions.
    The bloke tried to join ISIS, I think it's a fairly reasonable conclusion to draw that he should be behind bars.
    Forever?

And please note I am not defending this bloke. I'm not defending him whatsoever. I am defending "human rights lawyers".

The problem isn't lawyers who get involved when there is a clear case of the law not being implemented correctly, but that isn't what happens. There are a group of human rights lawyers who target these particular cases and use every legal loophole and trick in the book to get them out of jail.
    Isn't that exactly what happened in this case? He was deemed no longer a danger to the public.

See you don't actually have a solution at all. You just like to whine about "lefty human rights lawyers".

My solution for Islamic terrorists is jail and then deportation at the end of the sentence.
    What about the 7/7 perpetrators. Where in Leeds or Bucks would you have deported them to?
    I'll answer on the previous thread to avoid cluttering up this one.
  • Options
    It isn't a hard decision. If Biden wins bigly, it also means he wins power in house and senate. You have little to worry about from Trump having a tantrum, as he has little power to effect the future.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    MrEd said:

Not least because if you had the misfortune to come across right-wing antisemites online you'd realise they hate Trump with a passion. The reasons should be pretty obvious.
  • Options

MrEd said:

Always defending the bigots, why am I not surprised.
    I'd watch your words @TSE. I'm not defending any bigots. What I am questioning is "cui bono" this is.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    The worst result is a really slim win for either side. Months of legal battles and the nutters on both sides will be out on the streets demanding justice / protecting democracy.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

More positive news from Wisconsin

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/1323329890213658627?s=20
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,940

I will be suitably entertained whatever happens tonight. If Biden hands Trump his ass on a platter great. If Trump pulls off a shock GONSDAP win then lol funny.

Never mind Trump saying "build that wall". If he wins again I can see Canada wanting to close the border to Gilead.

It's been closed for nearly 8 months already.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

Adding false-flagism bigoted conspiracy theories to your already burgeoning portfolio of luxuriating in voter suppression.
  • Options

The worst result is a really slim win for either side. Months of legal battles and the nutters on both sides will be out on the streets demanding justice / protecting democracy.

It is going to be a clear victory for Joe, bye Don.
  • Options

You are a very weird person.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,224

I’m always amazed by the amount of live data you can get on US elections vs our own (yeah I have a crap memory). We must look really weird to them.

IIRC the fact that we have our General Election results ready so soon, without lawyers, and have the next occupant in No. 10 before you can snap your fingers seems very strange to them.

Remember, whatever happens.... we have 2 more months of President Trump. FFS.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124
    FPT:
    dixiedean said:

» show previous quotes
    True. But a couple of caveats. 3 of the Tory holds are by fewer than 200 votes off that poll. Aberconwy, Wrexham and Vale of Glamorgan. Make it 8 and it is a bit more than reverting to 2017.
    And, of course, apart from Ynys Mon, none of these constituencies will exist come 2024 anyways.

Make it 8 and you are going beyond what the poll suggests. Which negates the exercise completely to something akin to a wishlist. I agree on the last point and overall the boundary changes actually make the Labour task a bit harder most likely - both in Wales and in the UK.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

IIRC the fact that we have our General Election results ready so soon, without lawyers, and have the next occupant in No. 10 before you can snap your fingers seems very strange to them.

Remember, whatever happens.... we have 2 more months of President Trump. FFS.
    Well othet than when Gordon Brown enacted a sit in.....but yes thst really was the exception.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

fpt

Forever?

Well for example Mohammad Sidique Khan could be deported back to Pakistan.

Surprised you didn't manage to work out that Mohammad Sidique Khan isn't a native English name.
    Oh! We're using peoples' names to determine whether they are English. Are you being serious?
    Wow that is one of the most jaw droppingly racist things I've ever read on this site. 😲
  • Options

You congratulate the winner. The loser might be annoyed with you for 3 months but in three months time he will likely be in an orange jumpsuit with other things to worry about.
    Trump will not concede regardless of how big the Biden win is. He will declare the election stolen, the coverage of crooked Joe to be fake news and get on with his plan to nuke Covid whilst he still has control of the launch codes.
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,987
    edited November 2020

This is remarkable (or maybe y'all knew about it already) - you can look at Florida voting patterns in real time. This for example is Pinellas country, which in 2016 split pretty much evenly Trump/Clinton. You can see the registered Dem early advantage, but more GOP-registered voting today:

https://tqv.vrswebapps.com/?state=FL&county=pin

Last time, Pinellas County went 50.6% Trump, 49.4% Clinton.
    Assuming:
    People vote according to their registrations
    The unaffliated split 50/50 Trump/Biden
    The turnout is 77% (last time was 77%)
    then the result in this county would be 50.8% Trump, 49.2% Biden (basically same as last time)

It is very sensitive to turnout and unaffiliated split.
    Turnout of 80% gives 51.4% Trump 48.6% Biden (as voters on the day favour Trump)
    Unaffliated split 40/60 Trump/Biden and 80% turnout gives 49.0% Trump, 51.0% Biden.

My feel on this small amount of data on just one county in Florida is that it favours Trump holding Florida.
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,111
    Can I just remind everyne that it is not even 9am on the East Coast yet?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Alternatively in Broward County Florida (pro Dem), turnout has surpassed 2016 and the enormous Dem leading is holding.

https://tqv.vrswebapps.com/?state=FL&county=bro
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

This is remarkable (or maybe y'all knew about it already) - you can look at Florida voting patterns in real time. This for example is Pinellas country, which in 2016 split pretty much evenly Trump/Clinton. You can see the registered Dem early advantage, but more GOP-registered voting today:

Assuming:
    then the result in this county would be 50.8% Trump, 49.2% Biden (basically same as last time)

Turnout of 80% gives 51.4% Trump 48.6% Biden (as voters on the day favour Trump)
    Unaffliated split 40/60 Trump/Biden and 80% turnout gives 49.0% Trump, 51.0% Biden.

My feel on this small amount of data on just one county in Florida is that it favours Trump holding Florida.
    FYI Sumter is at 81% turnout and will likely go higher. Not so many in-person votes yet but Republicans leading Democrats by registration by nearly 5 to 1
  • Options
    Do we have anything like Andy_JS's spreadsheet for this election for keeping an eye on results?
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,897
    edited November 2020
    TOPPING said:

fpt

Forever?

Denmark are making Islamic terrorists stateless
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

fpt

Forever?

Surprised you didn't manage to work out that Mohammad Sidique Khan isn't a native English name.
    Oh! We're using peoples' names to determine whether they are English. Are you being serious?
    Wow that is one of the most jaw droppingly racist things I've ever read on this site. 😲
    This is what he/she/it then said:

"He has Pakistani parents and ethnically Pakistanis are allowed to relocate back there."
  • Options
    isam said:

TOPPING said:

fpt

Forever?

What about child murderers?
  • Options

TOPPING said:

fpt

Forever?

That's got to be worth a sin-bin surely?

• Options

Alternatively in Broward County Florida (pro Dem), turnout has surpassed 2016 and the enormous Dem leading is holding.

https://tqv.vrswebapps.com/?state=FL&county=bro

Again - it's barely 9am!
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,287
    edited November 2020
    Topping said:

It'll make it easier to deport Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson to New York for his crimes of fecking up Covid-19 and delivering a No Deal Brexit.
  • Options
    GaussianGaussian Posts: 793
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

fpt

Forever?

Alexander is a popular name in Russia ...
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

fpt

Forever?

"He has Pakistani parents and ethnically Pakistanis are allowed to relocate back there."
    Ah I see you are selectively quoting parts of our discussion on here rather than the other thread where we agreed to discuss it to try to make me look bad.

I said convicted Islamic terrorists should be deported back after their sentence is completed. Clever Topping here is trying to make it sound like I meant all foreigners. What a lovely chap he is.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

fpt

Forever?

DAlexander? Hmmmm... isn't Alexander a Greek name?
  • Options

Trump will not concede regardless of how big the Biden win is. He will declare the election stolen, the coverage of crooked Joe to be fake news and get on with his plan to nuke Covid whilst he still has control of the launch codes.
    Then the Secret Service and other enforcement branches will simply march him out of the Whitehouse. Their oath is to defend the Constitution not to serve the President.

The thought of four USSS personnel taking a limb each and carrying the screaming toddler out of the Whitehouse ..... if videoed it be would be viral in minutes :D:D
  • Options

MrEd said:

Adding false-flagism bigoted conspiracy theories to your already burgeoning portfolio of luxuriating in voter suppression.
    As I said to @TSE, cui bono is this attack? It may very well be Trump supporters but it is stupid if it is given the importance of Florida to the election and the wide publicity the attack has gotten.

By the way, given you support Joe "You Ain't Black" Biden, can I assume you support the idea of a group of people being owned by a political party based on the colour of their skin?
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,451
    edited November 2020
    A tie with Betfair Sports has been reduced from 33/1 a couple of days ago to 26/1.

https://www.betfair.com/sport/politics/2020-us-presidential-election/10393583/electoral-college-vote-tie-special/924.237362868

Is there a market for this on Betfair Exchange? I can't find one.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

fpt

Forever?

Ah I see you are selectively quoting parts of our discussion on here rather than the other thread where we agreed to discuss it to try to make me look bad.

I said convicted Islamic terrorists should be deported back after their sentence is completed. Clever Topping here is trying to make it sound like I meant all foreigners. What a lovely chap he is.
    Mate I'm just quoting what you wrote.
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

Assuming:

You can find other counties by replacing the final three letters of the URL
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

fpt

Forever?

Deported back where?!
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,625
    Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Gaussian said:

What is Dominic Cummings' opinion on Scottish Independence? If he wanted to push people towards it, that's a great way to go about it.
    The PM's position is there will be no indyref2 allowed while he is PM, in any case they are still getting their furlough although in my view if Sturgeon or Drakeford do not impose a lockdown at the same time as the rest of the UK they should raise Scottish or Welsh taxes to pay for it
    Furlough is a reserved matter. Why should Scottish or Welsh taxes go to subsidise an Enbglish lockdown when the reverse is not permitted?
    Why should English taxpayers pay for Scottish and Welsh furlough when England is not in lockdown?
    Because the money is UK money. Not English. You're confusing the UK and England yet again.

Quite. If parts of the UK are not willing to support other parts in their time of need what's the point of it? I have no concern there.

HYUFD said:
    Is the irony of Trump and his supporters dancing along to the Village People lost on the Trumpsters?
    Why is it ironic?
    Because LGBT is clearly on the opposite side of the "culture war", and the Village People are camp AF.
    There's no evidence Trump is anti-gay and they were just playing a song. I don't see the problem.

The way the left thinks they have a monopoly on anything possibly gay is just bizarre.
    Who said anything about Trump being anti-gay? Only you.
    It's implied by saying it is ironic that his supporters are dancing along to the village people.

It's not complicated.
    It's certainly what I thought was implied.

• Options
    DougSeal said:

TOPPING said:

fpt

Forever?

Mohammad Sidique Khan is one of the 7/7 bombers. I thought I'd add that context before Topping gets me banned.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Then the Secret Service and other enforcement branches will simply march him out of the Whitehouse. Their oath is to defend the Constitution not to serve the President.

The thought of four USSS personnel taking a limb each and carrying the screaming toddler out of the Whitehouse ..... if videoed it be would be viral in minutes :D:D
    Understatement. Itd breach the speed of light.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/PeterSchorschFL/status/1323618317882544131?s=20

This is interesting. They still predict Biden will win Pinellas, and have factored in 2.5:1 GOP election day advantage.
  • Options

You are a very weird person.
    That much is certain. However:
    "GONSDAP" refers to the near fascism of the GOP in its pursuit of stopping people voting and its enjoyment of heavily armed private militia
    "Gilead" refers to what the Pence wing of American "Christians" want America to become.

Canada closes the border to Gilead in the book as well.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,369
    HYUFD said:

There's also prison, or ill health, for starters.
    I think he's very much an outside bet for 2024.
  • Options
    isam said:

TOPPING said:

fpt

Forever?

I'm glad you're here.

Supporting this sensible move by Denmark means you are a racist bigot who needs to be driven off the website apparently.

Anyway I'm off for a bit before this discussion ruins this thread as well.
  • Options

DougSeal said:

TOPPING said:

fpt

Forever?

Mohammad Sidique Khan is one of the 7/7 bombers. I thought I'd add that context before Topping gets me banned.
    Yes and he was born in Leeds.
  • Options
    Honestly itd be hilarious if Biden wins, not even by much, and Trump shocked everyone by reacting gracefully.

Wont happen, his schtick is no act, as seems to have shocked many who worked for him, but it would be amusing to see his supporters' reaction to gracefully defeat

Still, I'm a Biden better, as someone coined it, so no chickens counted.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,369

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Yeah but this isn't the 19th century. Trump will endorse one of kids in an attempt to go for a George W Bush style name boost. You're right that it may not be Ivanka.
    That only leaves the coke head or the idiot. Not much of a prospect.
  • Options
    Out of curiosity @DAlexander where would you deport Thomas Mair to?
  • Options

I'm talking about the months between election day and inauguration day. He will legally and constitutionally be president which leaves him free to do what he wants.
  • Options

DougSeal said:

TOPPING said:

fpt

Forever?

Who was British by birth.

Are you going for blood and soil nationlism on us?

Asking for a friend whose grandparents were born overseas.
    Definitely not.

Your friend will be fine as long as he doesn't commit any terrorist acts don't worry.
  • Options

https://twitter.com/PeterSchorschFL/status/1323618317882544131?s=20

This is interesting. They still predict Biden will win Pinellas, and have factored in 2.5:1 GOP election day advantage.

For the last hour its been remarkably consistent - 1000 rep, 500 dem, 500 npa every 10 mins
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Survey USA poll
    http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=bb4f5a47-75fb-4f45-a667-c06a9b5d3203
    Superb covid questions

If you know someone who died of Covid that makes you 62/36 a Biden supporter.

But if you have had Covid yourself you are 50/47 a Trump supporter.

• Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

fpt

Forever?

Shit, my name Irish, I don't think that passes muster either.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,575
    edited November 2020
    TOPPING said:

fpt

Forever?

Does "changing your family name to something more English" help?

Asking for a pensioner currently isolating near Slough.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,108

Told ya so.

You pop back here this time tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.