Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Boris goes into intensive care

Comments

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited April 2020
    Evening freaks and weirdos.

Just a quick de-lurk to say oh f##ky f##k f##k. I bet all that tw@ts in the media and twitter making smart arse comments about him aren't feeling so clever now.

We all know that we need the Gove-nator to be in charge. He might be able to start in argument in an empty lift, but he is the smartest quickest and most experienced member of the cabinet.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,072
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985
    Jonathan said:

Who’s finger is on the button?

Raab, apparently.
  • Options
    I am so sad and can only pray Boris comes through this
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    isam said:

Foxy said:

isam said:

I genuinely feel quite sick upon hearing this news. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Boris.

And I hope Carole “in hiding” Cadwalladr doesn’t sleep a wink tonight

Where are the "it's just like the flu" mob now?
    I don’t know, where are they?
    To be fair, flu kills thousands of people in the UK alone each year. The problem with "just the flu" is the first word, not the third - a lot of people think they have flu every time they have to miss a day's work with an ordinary cold.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,779
    Jonathan said:

Raab.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,072
    Jonathan said:

Raab's
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,942

His exit date now barely above evens for 2020.

I don't even want to bet in the market, this is horrific.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,270
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

It's awful on a personal level for his family. It's also awful for us as a nation - he is/was in charge albeit not of an especially positive situation, and are we risk ending up with Raab in charge of a failing plan as the machinery of government is stricken with grief.

To be fair Rochdale, Raab running the show is the least of our concerns.
    It’s a considerable one for me.
    I think you know to what I was alluding.
    Actually, I’m not sure I do. Yes, this is very tragic for the PM, as it is for the many thousands of others in this situation. And for his family, and their families. And I hope he gets through it, as I would like all of them to come through it.

But the thought of the Cabinet being left to their own devices under Raab, of all people, is much scarier. They have not shown judgement or restraint in this crisis, and it’s easy to imagine them fighting like ferrets in a sack over position and policy just at the moment we need them to pull together. Much though I dislike and distrust Johnson, his prestige was a bulwark again that. There was no doubt he was in charge and unassailable.

Some of the governmental implications - for all of us - are horrible. For a start, it makes the risk of full lockdown and/or social disorder much higher.
    I can't believe this is a moment when any Cabinet member would jockey for position.
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,488

Evening freaks and weirdos.

Just a quick de-lurk to say oh f##ky f##k f##k. I bet all that tw@ts in the media and twitter making smart arse comments about him aren't feeling so clever now.

The people on tw@tter who were celebrating yesterday had better be showing more judgment tonight.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,321

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

It's awful on a personal level for his family. It's also awful for us as a nation - he is/was in charge albeit not of an especially positive situation, and are we risk ending up with Raab in charge of a failing plan as the machinery of government is stricken with grief.

Actually, I’m not sure I do. Yes, this is very tragic for the PM, as it is for the many thousands of others in this situation. And for his family, and their families. And I hope he gets through it, as I would like all of them to come through it.

But the thought of the Cabinet being left to their own devices under Raab, of all people, is much scarier. They have not shown judgement or restraint in this crisis, and it’s easy to imagine them fighting like ferrets in a sack over position and policy just at the moment we need them to pull together. Much though I dislike and distrust Johnson, his prestige was a bulwark again that. There was no doubt he was in charge and unassailable.

Some of the governmental implications - for all of us - are horrible. For a start, it makes the risk of full lockdown and/or social disorder much higher.
    I can't believe this is a moment when any Cabinet member would jockey for position.
    Unfortunately, looking at them I can believe it all too easily.
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,462
    ydoethur said:

RobD said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

stodge said:

HYUFD said:

Get well soon Boris and Raab now officially acting Deputy PM.
    C4 news says Boris conscious and not on a ventilator in ICU

I do think going forward we need a much clearer line of responsibility. I well remember back in 2010 the uproar in Conservative circles at the notion Nick Clegg might be running the show when Cameron went on holiday.

There have been times when the post of Deputy PM has been left vacant and that's fine as long as everyone knows who will be in charge if the PM is incapacitated for whatever reason even if for a few hours for routine surgery for example.
    I mean the line is very clear, isn't it? It's just reluctance to hand it over until absolutely necessary.
    The point is that formally transferring power in this country is quite complicated. It’s not like the US where a couple of emails will do. Here it involves meetings and ceremonies.
    From the reports, it sounded as though he deputised Raab via a phone call. If a new PM was required that'd be a discussion between the Cabinet and the Palace.
    That’s because I think at the moment all he’s been asked to do is chair cabinet meetings. Which isn’t a problem as any Secretary of State can do that.
    So the time to be scared is if Her Majesty slips back overnight to Buck House?
  • Options
    guybrushguybrush Posts: 237
    Oh, and get well soon Bojo. And to think we all thought current affairs would quiet down in 2020.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Yes this is exactly what I was eluding to. I understand Johnson. Even understand Cummings. But Raab? Thrust into the top seat with jealous men surrounding him? Hmmm.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

stodge said:

HYUFD said:

I do think going forward we need a much clearer line of responsibility. I well remember back in 2010 the uproar in Conservative circles at the notion Nick Clegg might be running the show when Cameron went on holiday.

There have been times when the post of Deputy PM has been left vacant and that's fine as long as everyone knows who will be in charge if the PM is incapacitated for whatever reason even if for a few hours for routine surgery for example.
    I mean the line is very clear, isn't it? It's just reluctance to hand it over until absolutely necessary.
    The point is that formally transferring power in this country is quite complicated. It’s not like the US where a couple of emails will do. Here it involves meetings and ceremonies.
    From the reports, it sounded as though he deputised Raab via a phone call. If a new PM was required that'd be a discussion between the Cabinet and the Palace.
    That’s because I think at the moment all he’s been asked to do is chair cabinet meetings. Which isn’t a problem as any Secretary of State can do that.
    I doubt there'd be kissing of hands given the current situation.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Unfortunately, looking at them I can believe it all too easily.
    It’s a shame the cabinet doesn’t have one elder statesmen, a Hague, Hunt or Clarke.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

stodge said:

HYUFD said:

Be daft to expose her given her age.

The time to be scared therefore would be if a regency was suddenly declared.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,952
    edited April 2020
    Scott_xP said:

Let's hope he recovers.

In the meantime, there are legitimate questions around

1. the Number 10 press handling of this. Did they lie to us all day?
    2. the constitutional position occupied by Raab. He can chair a meeting, but can he command the armed forces, for example?

Care to take the opportunity to apologise for calling him ‘Bozo’ all day today?
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

stodge said:

HYUFD said:

I suppose Charles could receive a new PM, given he is now likely immune.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    TGOHF666 said:

Foxy said:

isam said:

I genuinely feel quite sick upon hearing this news. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Boris.

And I hope Carole “in hiding” Cadwalladr doesn’t sleep a wink tonight

Where are the "it's just like the flu" mob now?
    I don’t think many believe the lies from the Chinese government anymore.
    It's not the Chinese government, it's people like you. It is, what, three weeks since you shared the thought that a ridiculous amount of fuss was made about covid 19 deaths when no one said anything about the far larger number of people who commit suicide - 17 a day! Any second thoughts on that?
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,877
    ydoethur said:

Yes but doesn't this emphasise the need for a simple mechanism? I recall the confusion in Washington in 1981 when Reagan was shot and I find it amazing there isn't a clear unambiguous process whereby a temporary transfer of power to a designated successor can happen.

Events like this or an attempted assassination aren't expected but should be planned for and there's always the routine of surgery which may require a brief period of anaesthesia which can also be covered.

Strangely, it's a public sector motif to hope for the best but plan for the worst.
  • Options
    stodge said:

ydoethur said:

Yes but doesn't this emphasise the need for a simple mechanism? I recall the confusion in Washington in 1981 when Reagan was shot and I find it amazing there isn't a clear unambiguous process whereby a temporary transfer of power to a designated successor can happen.

Events like this or an attempted assassination aren't expected but should be planned for and there's always the routine of surgery which may require a brief period of anaesthesia which can also be covered.

Strangely, it's a public sector motif to hope for the best but plan for the worst.
    Yes, but it will never happen. The British government loves fudge and guesswork.

A simple alteration to the cabinet manual is all that’s required. But it never gets done.
  • Options
    isam said:

Scott_xP said:

Let's hope he recovers.

2. the constitutional position occupied by Raab. He can chair a meeting, but can he command the armed forces, for example?

I think you are being unfair. With the benefit of what we now know (which isn't very much) curbing the cut and thrust of partisanship is appropriate. No one really expected or wanted the current situation to prevail.
  • Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    edited April 2020
    Like Eadric I've had a bad feeling for Boris for some time. A sense of dread has crept over me: a foreboding that for the country to get better, Charon's price will be the PM. I hope to the Greek gods, and all others in the pantheon, that I am wrong.

This virus is a terrifying evil.

Carrie must be desperate right now and the rest of his family, unable I imagine to go anywhere near him.

Come on Bojo. Defy the gods.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,732
    edited April 2020
    RobD said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

ydoethur said:

RobD said:

stodge said:

HYUFD said:

I suppose Charles could receive a new PM, given he is now likely immune.
    Good plan.

If intubated, it is likely to be for a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

Sick feelings here in the pits of our stomachs. Rooting for him, but fearing the worst.

I think that sums up the feelings in this house too
  • Options
    nunu2nunu2 Posts: 1,453

Poor Carrie Symonds, what must she be going through?

My very best wishes go to him and his family.

Get well soon Boris.

Poor Carrie Symonds, what must she be going through?

My very best wishes go to him and his family.

Get well soon Boris.
    My thoughts and espeecially prayers are for his unborn child as well.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,898
    Jonathan said:

Mine. I'm as surprised as anyone.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,845
    Anyone heard how Dominic Cummings is getting on with Covid-19? Out of everyone in Downing St. I thought he'd be the one to struggle with it.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Jonathan said:

Don't sneeze.
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,711
    FFS. Doctor on Sky News saying that if you need ICU...you need ICU.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Jonathan said:

You’re Dominic Raab? You hid that well.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Anyone else feel some visceral shiver that at the very moment our 93 year old Sovereign, who first addressed the nation AT THE START OF WORLD WAR TWO, was broadcasting to the country, our Prime Minister was being taken to hospital?

There is something quite bizarre about this whole saga.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

I am so sad and can only pray Boris comes through this

Stay positive BigG. There is a very good prospect that Boris will come out of this in the rudest of health. It might take a little time though.
  • Options

Yeah, he doesn't seem to think that someone like the PM would be treated different than any old pleb.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

Jonathan said:

You’re Dominic Raab? You hid that well.
    I am not nearly as handsome, alas. I can only assume there was a mixup in communications, but I shall bear the duty as best I can.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Yeah, he doesn't seem to think that someone like the PM would be treated different than any old pleb.
    One of the terrifying things about this is that it doesn't seem to matter how high or low you are. The virus treats all the same and if you're one of those to get it badly then you're rolling the dice.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Yes, you are not moved to ICU as a precaution. There are other levels for that.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,783
    BBC news saying he's been moved "should he require ventilation" - and he's currently conscious...
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    ydoethur said:

Not now @ydoethur
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Anyone heard how Dominic Cummings is getting on with Covid-19? Out of everyone in Downing St. I thought he'd be the one to struggle with it.

Why? He's incredibly fit.

Some of them are seriously into workouts. Dominic Raab is a blackbelt. Hancock looks like he has a lean body. Cummings cycles loads I believe.

• Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,053
    A sickening feeling.

Hang on in there old son.

• Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,454
    Pulpstar said:

It's just a price.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288
    Stunning news re Boris, I hope he makes a complete recovery.

Sky full of piss and wind at the moment, the only signs of sanity and calm were from the medic they interviewed.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Particularly when ICU beds are in high demand.
  • Options

Some of them are seriously into workouts. Dominic Raab is a blackbelt. Hancock looks like he has a lean body. Cummings cycles loads I believe.

I always think he look ill! Maybe it's just me?
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

Is he? He looks like a drinker to me.
  • Options
    Beibheirli_CBeibheirli_C Posts: 7,981

Anyone else feel some visceral shiver that at the very moment our 93 year old Sovereign, who first addressed the nation AT THE START OF WORLD WAR TWO, was broadcasting to the country, our Prime Minister was being taken to hospital?

There is something quite bizarre about this whole saga.

Perhaps this may help? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS8dNzRhMgk
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Alistair said:

Also, for security reasons etc, you would imagine it might be more than one bed you're using up/
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

Let's hope he recovers.

1. Who gives a fuck
    2. The Queen is head of the armed forces, advised by the PM (in collaboration with Cabinet) and the SoS for Defence
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,352
    Jonathan said:

Be kind to each other. What people may or may not have said earlier has no bearing on the current situation. A man is critically ill. We must hope for the best.

+1. Poor guy, poor family.
  • Options

I have only just heard the news on Boris and pray that he will recover and that Carrie is surrounded with love at this time

Reading the thread brought me to tears with such compassion by so many posters across the poltical divide and speaks in volumes to so many

Of course we have one or two who know no shame, but they only demonstrate how irrelevant they are

Hope you and Mrs G are OK Big G?

All we can do is hope (and if you're that way inclined pray) for Boris.
  • Options
    Feel sick to be honest.

Sending every possible good healing vibe his way.

Fucking virus. Just fucking virus. :(
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,656
    Best wishes PM, and to everyone else fighting this thing.

And best of luck to Raab stepping up for as long as it takes.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Scott_xP said:

Let's hope he recovers.

1. Who gives a fuck
    2. The Queen is head of the armed forces, advised by the PM (in collaboration with Cabinet) and the SoS for Defence
    and the Chief of the Defence Staff.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

I have only just heard the news on Boris and pray that he will recover and that Carrie is surrounded with love at this time

Reading the thread brought me to tears with such compassion by so many posters across the poltical divide and speaks in volumes to so many

Of course we have one or two who know no shame, but they only demonstrate how irrelevant they are

Hope you and Mrs G are OK Big G?

All we can do is hope (and if you're that way inclined pray) for Boris.
    Thanks Gin and we are, and we do both pray
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,130

Best wishes PM, and to everyone else fighting this thing.

And best of luck to Raab stepping up for as long as it takes.

Nicely said sir.
  • Options
    paulyork64paulyork64 Posts: 2,461
    Pulpstar said:

Most bookies have taken down all related markets.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

Let's hope he recovers.

1) It would appear things took a turn for the worst and they were unduly optimistic. Not a lie, but unwise perhaps.
    2) There's no issue there at all, since the PM doesn't have direct command anyway so it's a silly question.

• Options
    Charles said:

Scott_xP said:

Let's hope he recovers.

1. Who gives a fuck
    The Queen is not head of the armed forces, except in a ceremonial capacity.
  • Options

Charles said:

Scott_xP said:

Let's hope he recovers.

1. Who gives a fuck
    Isn't the oath to the monarch?
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,007
    edited April 2020
    dr_spyn said:

Stunning news re Boris, I hope he makes a complete recovery.

Sky full of piss and wind at the moment, the only signs of sanity and calm were from the medic they interviewed.

They have a 30 seconds news story that they need to fill 24 hours of TV with.

24 hour news is the cause of a lot of problems (as is social media but that is a more modern issue).
  • Options

BBC news saying he's been moved "should he require ventilation" - and he's currently conscious...

The BBC's general reporting throughout this crisis has been below woeful. The once 'go to' news organisation simply repeats what the government tells it with no analysis whatsoever.

I hope they are right about Boris' move to ICU being precautionary, however I doubt whether they have looked further than the email they received from Number 10.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Why? He’s under fifty, he’s slim and he’s pretty fit. So far as I know there’s no physical health problem. He doesn’t match the classic profile of those who suffer badly.

Johnson, however...
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Charles said:

Scott_xP said:

Let's hope he recovers.

1. Who gives a fuck
    And Boris is not head of it in ceremonial or non-ceremonial capacities, and the Cabinet can instruct the relevant officers on government policy, especially as it is now clear who is directing Cabinet policy.
  • Options

RobD said:

One of the terrifying things about this is that it doesn't seem to matter how high or low you are. The virus treats all the same and if you're one of those to get it badly then you're rolling the dice.
    Absolutely. Pestilence is no respecter of persons. There are somethings that money, charm and connections cannot buy.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,220
    Glad to hear that @Floater’s son is improving.

Really hope Boris pulls through: for his sake, his children, his unborn child, Carrie - and for the rest of us.

This virus is a total bastard.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Why?
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Why?
    I would assume they don’t want to be accused of profiting from somebody’s death.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,656
    The Cabinet Secretary informed the Cabinet. I guess Raab will be leaning on him for advice over the coming days.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Foxy said:

Alistair said:

Also, for security reasons etc, you would imagine it might be more than one bed you're using up/
    In normal times respiratory ICU admission gets their own individual room.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Alistair said:

My understanding was the only real different between ICU and HDU (in normal times) is the staffing ratios?
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Betfair have suspended their next Prime Minister market.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,952
    edited April 2020
    Jonathan said:

Be kind to each other. What people may or may not have said earlier has no bearing on the current situation. A man is critically ill. We must hope for the best.

isam said:

Scott_xP said:

Let's hope he recovers.

I think you are being unfair. With the benefit of what we now know (which isn't very much) curbing the cut and thrust of partisanship is appropriate. No one really expected or wanted the current situation to prevail.
    Boris was taken to hospital last night after having the virus for 10 days. It was way past the time to stop trying to mock him, ridiculous as that attempt was. Tonight, on this thread, he posted comments that have provoked angry replies, not from me. I think it is the right thing to say ‘I overstepped the mark’ when you’ve done so, and it would calm feelings.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,130
    I hope to God I'm wrong, but this feels like an ultra slow motion replay of Diana.

The news of the accident.

The word that she had been taken to hospital.

The change of tone, preparing us for somethign awful.

• Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,218

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Their wife might..
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Foxy said:

Alistair said:

In normal times respiratory ICU admission gets their own individual room.
    In case you hadn’t noticed, the times are not entirely normal.

But yes, I would expect him to be in a separate room if only for security reasons. And of course, it would have to be checked out by security first before condoning off.

I am hoping that that is the reason for this otherwise slightly weird phrase, ‘a precaution in case he needs a ventilator.’
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    RobD said:

Charles said:

Scott_xP said:

Let's hope he recovers.

1. Who gives a fuck
    I don’t believe so. The Chief of General Staff advises the Secretary of State (and the PM). They make the decisions
  • Options
    I've been struggling to log in on here so haven't posted for a while. I have said almost nothing positive about Mr Johnson in recent years but as a country we really don't need this.

I don't want to sound paranoid but can we really trust what we are being told about his health. We all know this is a sensitive issue in politics and when journalists tell us 'facts' we have to ask how do they know these things? Presumably because someone has told them. But should they be taking what their told at face value?
  • Options
    With any luck Boris will make a recovery and back on his feet by the time we hit the top of the peak, hopefully in the next week or so. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Pulpstar said:

Why?
    Part of a package of sanctions against China.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,277
    Suspect those London parks will be very empty tomorrow.
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,183

The BBC's general reporting throughout this crisis has been below woeful. The once 'go to' news organisation simply repeats what the government tells it with no analysis whatsoever.

I hope they are right about Boris' move to ICU being precautionary, however I doubt whether they have looked further than the email they received from Number 10.
    TBF that’s what Sky is reporting too
  • Options

Charles said:

Scott_xP said:

Let's hope he recovers.

1. Who gives a fuck
    The point is that the command of the armed forces is a matter for royal prerogative. It’s the Cabinet in charge, exercised by the Defence Secretary and PM
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,942
    What in the name of fuck is that Peston "In ICU because he may need oxygen" line doing. Is Peston deliberately thick or just lieing.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Foxy said:

Alistair said:

My understanding was the only real different between ICU and HDU (in normal times) is the staffing ratios?
    ICU is normally 1 nurse per patient, HDU 1 Nurse per 2-3 patients, but also ICU has the capability for long term ventilation. In HDU that can only be done briefly, then transfer to ICU.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Charles said:

Scott_xP said:

Let's hope he recovers.

1. Who gives a fuck
    Isn't the oath to the monarch?
    Who cares? She has zero power over the armed forces regardless of daft oaths and pomp.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

I hope to God I'm wrong, but this feels like an ultra slow motion replay of Diana.

I hope your wrong, I fear you may be right
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Why?
    Casino Royale, I don't feel this is the moment to take a pop at anyone on here and I get it that you think betting is betting and a market is a market but from a humanitarian point of view you're coming across as more akin to a Deatheater than a member of the human race. Have a soul man, okay? Not appropriate to be talking about betting on a replacement for a guy who is fighting for his life.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Glad to hear that @Floater’s son is improving.

Really hope Boris pulls through: for his sake, his children, his unborn child, Carrie - and for the rest of us.

This virus is a total bastard.

Well said.
  • Options
    Floater said:

The difference is this thing might well kill you slowly.. This could be a long long week or two.
  • Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,016
    Charles said:

RobD said:

Charles said:

Scott_xP said:

Let's hope he recovers.

1. Who gives a fuck
    I don’t believe so. The Chief of General Staff advises the Secretary of State (and the PM). They make the decisions on the recommendation to the Queen
    The First Lord of the Treasury tradionally nally takes the role of Prime Minister but I believe any Secretary of State can take on the role. Raab is in charge full stop.
  • Options
    Floater said:

Me too but still hoping and 'praying' for him and Carrie
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,194

Betfair have suspended their next Prime Minister market.

Naughty, in my opinion. Who gets to decide when a market is in poor taste?
This discussion has been closed.