Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Early voting and a split field mean Sanders should be clear od

12346»

Comments

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,003
    RobD said:

When do we start getting results from Nevada?

I think the caucuses close at 8pm PST and results start tricking in soon after.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    tyson said:

Sandpit said:

I see this has turned into Coronaviruschat.com again

So what do you reckon, Wilder or Fury tonight? Betfair have them 2.04 and 2.12 respectively, too close to call.

It's either Wilder on a knockout or Fury on unanimous- I cannot see any other outcome.....
    Nah, dodgy American judges. One might give it to Wilder anyway.
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    Sandpit said:

tyson said:

Sandpit said:

So what do you reckon, Wilder or Fury tonight? Betfair have them 2.04 and 2.12 respectively, too close to call.
    It's either Wilder on a knockout or Fury on unanimous- I cannot see any other outcome.....
    Yes, that does seem to be the prevailing thinking. Fury on points at 3.6 seems plausible, and 2.6 for Wilder to win by KO. We all know he only needs that one punch to connect and it’s lights out.

Marginally (just)- Most likely outcome is Wilder to KO Fury

if it goes the distance Fury wins and handsomely.......Fury is a superb defensive boxer

Fury probably will not knock out Wilder, or beat him on a technical for the reason that if he goes for the big punch he'll leave himself to a counter- and Fury is just too savvy to take that risk. The stuff about Fury going for a KO is bluff- he wants Wilder to come out swinging and get disillusioned....

Fury (unless cut badly) is unlikely to lose on a TKO- if he gets up from the canvass he'll carry on boxing because he defends so well....and likewise, it is highly unlikely that Wilder could dominated Fury to such an extent that the ref jumps in....
  • Options
    Former Labour party members have regularly met elements of the far right to discuss and propagate antisemitic conspiracy theories, an undercover investigation has found.

Infiltration of the conspiracy theorist group Keep Talking found that Jeremy Corbyn supporters and confidantes of former Labour MPs have attended meetings addressed by Holocaust deniers.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2020/feb/22/uk-left-activists-at-far-right-events-antisemites-holocaust-deniers
  • Options
    eristdoof said:

Is UK death rate only 0.95% ?

Without working out the maths wouldn't a 1% death rate mean a life expectancy of 100 ?

Edit: Or would a 1% death rate suggest a life expectancy of 50 ?

If the death rate were constant at 1% then yes, the life expectancy woul be 100 years, but thene there would be over a 20% chance of living to 150 which we all know is nonsense.

The death rate is much much lower for 6 year olds as for 75 year olds, so the overall death rate is brought down to 1% by all those heatlhy 5 to 50 year olds the high death rate for the over 90's infleunces the meant death rate much less, because a lot of people die between 70 and 90.
    If the population wasn't growing then I think that would be a moot effect because each year there would be some 50, some 70, some 90 and some others dying. In the long run we all die so it has to sum to 100% dying eventually.

But as the population is growing it distorts our sample so we have more births and net migrants than we have deaths.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,287

Former Labour party members have regularly met elements of the far right to discuss and propagate antisemitic conspiracy theories, an undercover investigation has found.

Infiltration of the conspiracy theorist group Keep Talking found that Jeremy Corbyn supporters and confidantes of former Labour MPs have attended meetings addressed by Holocaust deniers.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2020/feb/22/uk-left-activists-at-far-right-events-antisemites-holocaust-deniers

I said antisemitism would be very damaging for Labour.

I never dreamed it would be this damaging.

It’s just extraordinary what some members of Labour seem to think is appropriate.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Had a moment of madness, stuck a ton on Fury by split decision at 14/1.

If it goes the distance- IMO it will be a one sided match just because Fury is a different class of boxer to Wilder- I could see Fury winning 117/110- nicking 8/9 rounds to Wilders 1/2.....

It's a contest between class and power- both though are in a different league to Joshua
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited February 2020
    ydoethur said:

I said antisemitism would be very damaging for Labour.

I never dreamed it would be this damaging.

It’s just extraordinary what some members of Labour seem to think is appropriate.
    I previously linked to an interview with a NYT journalist who has investigated the global rise of antisemitism what the different factions believe. Given what she had to say, it is totally unsurprising that the hard left and far right are meeting up.
  • Options
    I just hope Wilder vs Fury is as good as the the first fight. That had to be one of the best heavyweight matches for many many years.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,898

Who was it who talked about the political spectrum being best represented by a horse shoe? The far left and far right are a lot closer to each other than most would expect - antisemitism and curtailment of freedom of speech being two recent examples of the phenomenon.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

tyson said:

Sandpit said:

Like the way they managed to get the first fight as a draw, despite Fury outboxing Wilder for a good 9 rounds.
  • Options

I just hope Wilder vs Fury is as good as the the first fight. That had to be one of the best heavyweight matches for many many years.

It was a fantastic fight....one of the greats

• Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,359
    Oh dear, a not very important region of the UK loses and its a bit of handbags...
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Who was it who talked about the political spectrum being best represented by a horse shoe? The far left and far right are a lot closer to each other than most would expect - antisemitism and curtailment of freedom of speech being two recent examples of the phenomenon.
    I think there is a significant difference in what the far right and hard left take issue in regards to the Jews, far right the crazy "great replacement theory" and hard left that Israel is a racist creation and oppression of the Palestinians and that the evil Jews bankers enslave the poor type stuff.
  • Options

MaxPB said:

tyson said:

Sandpit said:

Like the way they managed to get the first fight as a draw, despite Fury outboxing Wilder for a good 9 rounds.
    Even marking that last round as 10-7 doesn’t get you Tom a draw, Fury was way ahead on every commentator’s scorecard.

Let’s hope this is just as epic a fight as the last one.
  • Options

Oh dear, a not very important region of the UK loses and its a bit of handbags...

A standard Saturday night down chippy alley in Cardiff?
  • Options
    How many of you are actually paying £25 for the Fury v Wilder match?
  • Options

It’s my fault. I couldn’t go this weekend so they got screwed. Every time I go they win easily.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

I think there is a significant difference in what the far right and hard left take issue in regards to the Jews, far right the crazy "great replacement theory" and hard left that Israel is a racist creation and oppression of the Palestinians and that the evil Jews bankers enslave the poor type stuff.
    Yes, they get there in different ways - but the end result is the same racism towards a minority group.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited February 2020
    Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

tyson said:

Sandpit said:

Even marking that last round as 10-7 doesn’t get you Tom a draw, Fury was way ahead on every commentator’s scorecard.

Let’s hope this is just as epic a fight as the last one.
    You are not possibly suggesting that boxing judges could be bent? Nearly as bad as GGG vs Canelo 1st fight, where GGG definitely won but one judge had it Canelo by 8 rounds.
  • Options

I was cheering for France.

Welsh Rugby Union fans are the pineapple topping on the wonderful pizza that is Rugby Union.

They've become increasingly bitter since 2003.
  • Options

I was cheering for France.

Welsh Rugby Union fans are the pineapple topping on the wonderful pizza that is Rugby Union.

They've become increasingly bitter since 2003.
    Why? Because we keep winning?
  • Options

NEW THREAD

This discussion has been closed.