Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Corbyn’s Labour isn’t working in Workington or pretty much any

123457»

Comments

• ydoethur said:

Con is leading Labour. That’s unusually early in the night.

And Burgon is blaming the press for daring to report on Corbyn’s past...

Tory on MRP shouldn't have even been level until 3am.
  • Damn Labour held Gower

Exit poll predictions decidedly patchy.
  • Stockton South goes Blue

On the spot analysis. Labour dropped 4k votes, Tories up by 2k votes. The mega turnout in the polling stations I went to this evening pointed the way
    Entertainingly the LibDem vote not only nearly tripled vs 2017, we beat the Brexit candidate
  • Drutt said:

Forgive my bluntness but Richard Burgon is still an absolute bivalve.

Brillo is eating him alive.

Bivalve! Love it.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,961
    Artist said:

I think the exit poll had Gower as Tory.

50:50
  • Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited December 2019

It's quite possible to simultaneously believe Corbyn was the worst possible leader of the Labour party and also better than Boris Johnson (this is my position). This is one of those superficially plausible comments that falls apart under even modest scrutiny, in other words standard fare from Dan Hodges.
    Not really. He's utterly incompetent, is surrounded if not controlled by some extremely dodgy figures, has dragged the Labour Party into a moral sewer, and was putting forward a manifesto that was utterly risible in every respect. It's all very well quibbling about the relative awfulness of Boris and Corbyn, but it was Corbyn that they were proposing to put into No 10, and they need to defend their offering.

In other words, it's fine for voters to choose the lesser of two evils - they have no choice. But MPs do; they didn't have to stay in the party.
  • SNP hold Inverclyde
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,768
    Well. I expected Labour third, but not a Tory win.
  • SNP hold East Kilbride
    Drutt said:

Unfair to bivalves.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,713
    dr_spyn said:
    Well done IDS and all who helped him as I did after Labour threw the kitchen sink and Hugh Grant at it and still lost
  • Bob__SykesBob__Sykes Posts: 1,176
    Have we got a list of where the Tories are falling short of exit poll?

I know Hartlepool and Canterbury have been missed, think there is one other so far too?
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,776
    Drutt said:

He took Blinkey as a role model. He's getting pretty close to perfect now.
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Colchester stays Blue - I was slightly concerned earlier as I knew of a number of last minute switchers
  • Jonathan said:

kyf_100 said:

kyf_100 said:

Is Barnesian not here tonight? I hope he's not too depressed, I argued against his model but I know he worked hard on it so kudos for that.

Hopefully Correct Horse Battery is OK!
    Yeah. He was disappointed but philosophical when he went to bed some time ago.
    Good to hear.

There are some very devastated Corbynites on my Facebook feed tonight.

I never predicted the size or scale of the likely Con victory, but I'm genuinely surprised by how many of t(ere expecting to wake up to JC as PM tomorrow.
    His big mistake 3was declaring war on social democrats and the centre-left.
    Ah yes, by filling his shadow cabinet with them. Where they had much greater leeway than ever under the micromanager Blair. Which they then resigned from en masse to force him out after less than a year.
    Clearly Corbyn was a tremendous success in your eyes.
    (Sorry if I flagged this off topic, fat fingers on phone not sure I undid it).

Obvs not. But compared to any other option who stood for the leadership in 2015 or 2016 he was by far the most interesting, and he enthused a lot of people about a party that just felt pointless after 2015. Burnham and Cooper trying to win by neing toughest on immigrants/welfare claimants was such a pointless prospect, and I doubt either would have improved much on Miliband or handled Brexit any better (which is they key point).
  • brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    edited December 2019
    Artist said:

I think the exit poll had Gower as Tory.

Labour, just I think. It was red on the wall.
  • Northern Ireland Update

Belfast West : Gerry Carroll's Will Increase his vote by a couple of thousand. SF will win with a reduced margin.
  • Actually in hysterics at Brillo v Burgon.
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Burgon again talking about triangulation, blaming it despite trying to triangulating Brexit.

It is depressing that he is an MP.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,082
    IanB2 said:

ITV shades LDs up to 14

I think it will be more.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,286
    Corbyn's gang have to be kicked out of the Labour Party. Otherwise they'll never get back into government.
  • NEW THREAD NEW THREAD

I have time for Rosie Duffield. I am not sorry she has held on in Canterbury.
  • I'm sorry whoever is President of the liberal democrats should hang their head in shame that they've allowed NIGEL FARAGE to stand down candidates to improve tory chances and liberal democrats have HELPED boris johnson win seats he shouldn't be winning.

THe liberal democrats CHOSE to have an election yet they did everything in their power to get conservatives elected. They were asked REPEATEDLY STAND DOWN, STAND DOWN, STAND DOWN...they refused. what happens...the tories win seats they shouldnt be winning.

the liberal democrats need to join the tory party and disband. Their existence gave us david cameron, gave us a distrust in politicians and gave us Brexit. Jo Swinson has screwed over millions of people for her own vanity.

Can you list the seat where LAB would have backed down where the LDs had a better chance? The total is zero. So stop this stupid ranting.

I'm sorry whoever is President of the liberal democrats should hang their head in shame that they've allowed NIGEL FARAGE to stand down candidates to improve tory chances and liberal democrats have HELPED boris johnson win seats he shouldn't be winning.

THe liberal democrats CHOSE to have an election yet they did everything in their power to get conservatives elected. They were asked REPEATEDLY STAND DOWN, STAND DOWN, STAND DOWN...they refused. what happens...the tories win seats they shouldnt be winning.

the liberal democrats need to join the tory party and disband. Their existence gave us david cameron, gave us a distrust in politicians and gave us Brexit. Jo Swinson has screwed over millions of people for her own vanity.

Piss off. We need a serious opposition and a choice in this country and Labour have opted out.
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,094
    dr_spyn said:
    He won by 2000 when the exit poll had it almost 50/50 - a good example of the exit poll being a broad brush
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,756
    edited December 2019
  • Actually in hysterics at Brillo v Burgon.

That was glorious. I swear I could see smoke coming out of Burgon’s head.
  • HYUFD said:

dr_spyn said:
    Well done IDS and all who helped him as I did after Labour threw the kitchen sink and Hugh Grant at it and still lost
    Close though.
    DavidL said:

Drutt said:

He took Blinkey as a role model. He's getting pretty close to perfect now.
    Balls has a brain. Burgon does not.
    Wolverhampton - blue
  • DadgeDadge Posts: 2,038
    Mauve said:

Dadge said:

humbugger said:

Brom said:

Jess Phillips would be a terrible choice as leader, thinks she’s the centre of the story

Agreed. I would not wish to be derogatory about a lady but I'm afraid pouty shouty Jess is no nearer to PM material than I am.
    Jess is great, and loved by many. But it's probably correct to say she's not party-leader material. A bit like Corbyn wasn't, although they don't have many other similarities.
    What I don't understand is why she's loved by many. What has she actually accomplished, beyond having a Brummie accent and resolving local MP issues over benefits, housing and planning disputes?
    What else is she supposed to have accomplished? Were you expecting her to offer you sexual favours?
  • Drutt said:

Faiza Shaheen's face!

She was utterly distraught
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,286
    MRP got Cannock Chase right. The Tories polled 68% as it predicted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies/E14000618
    And Scunthorpe
  • Na h-Eileanan an Iar SNP HOLD

Labour held on to second place
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941
    New thread!
  • Con gain Scunthorpe
  • StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    edited December 2019
    Paisley and North Renfrewshire
    SNP HOLD

• StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    edited December 2019
    Perth and North Perthshire SNP HOLD

Maj 7,555
    Andy_JS said:

MRP got Cannock Chase right. The Tories polled 68% as it predicted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies/E14000618

Without my help.
    dr_spyn said:
    Would rather have held any of our seats in Scotland.
  • Midlothian SNP GAIN from SLab
  • TheValiantTheValiant Posts: 1,678
    dr_spyn said:
    Good squeeze of the LD vote. It went up from 4% to 5.7%!
    Well done Labour you absolute bellends.
  • Ochil and South Perthshire SNP GAIN from SCon
  • viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,235

I'm sorry whoever is President of the liberal democrats should hang their head in shame that they've allowed NIGEL FARAGE to stand down candidates to improve tory chances and liberal democrats have HELPED boris johnson win seats he shouldn't be winning.

Do you genuinely think that if you post here long enough insisting on LD disbandment, it'll actually happen?
  • CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,074

ydoethur said:

Amazing admission by Jon Lansman that Momentum are not interested in what people think.

They are a cancer that Labour MPs and members will have to expunge from their party by force.
    Yes - just like Militant all those years ago, some of whom have reappeared.

But who is going to be Labour’s new Kinnock? And will the unions back him or her?
This discussion has been closed.