Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » A big rumour to get everyone going before the exit poll at 10p

Comments

• Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,223
    ydoethur said:

If this happened, sadly I do not believe it will, it would consign the term 'Portillo moment' to the dustbin of history.

For evermore such an event through the sands of time, would be known as A BORIS JOHNSON MOMENT.

Just a Boris.

And yet it would be so typical of his career - amazing successes trumped by even more spectacular disasters.
    I think we have quite a few of Boris' spectacular disasters heading our way over the next five years.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    One hour to go. Think I'm going to put the laptop down and find something non-election related to watch to keep my mind off it. Then BBC at 9:55, will probably be back here after the exit poll. See you on the other side...
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,311
    alb1on said:

viewcode said:

DavidL said:

Why the fuck does anyone in this benighted country ever travel by train? The useless bastards have delayed my train so that I won’t be at home by the exit poll. I hate them. Yes I may have had a drink. But it does not excuse their incompetence.

Amen
    I assume that the delay is caused by Notwork Rail rather than the operator, since most delays (ex Guard strikes) are down to signalling, track work, lack of track capacity etc - all of which are managed by the only nationalised part of the operation.
    Who cares? Burn it. Burn it all.
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    edited December 2019
    Did someone mention earlier that the BBC will be projecting each constituency after the exit poll?
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,691

IshmaelZ said:

Wanted to repost as people posted fake news from the Daily Mail.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B58DqnrAAXG/

That's the actual photo, before it was photoshopped.

I notice DM don't show the original Tweet, because it's been deleted.

No, the Mail photo is just of her and one other woman. Quite different.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7784881/Starting-wrong-foot-Labours-Diane-Abbott-appears-rushed-ODD-shoes.html
    Where's the original Tweet then? Why has it been deleted?
    Because the Labour supporter who tweeted it realised what it showed perhaps?

Actually I think nobody should be making capital out of this on either side. She does not look well and that is something I have a huge amount of sympathy with right now. Disagreeing with her politics is fine (and I do) but not how she looks or dresses.
    The issue is, from a Labour perspective, if she's sufficiently unwell to know that her shoes don't match and they're on the wrong feet, then should she be putting herself up to be shooed in in a solid Labour constituency
    Yeah, but her shoes were fine and matching. The photo was faked.

• Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    It's time for the Ave it prediction!

And Ave it projects:

CON to win by small majority although there is material uncertainty and possibility of a hung parliament

CON 44% LAB 35% LD 11%

CON about 335 seats
    LAB about 235 seats
    LD about 15 seats
    SNP about 40 seats
    Others about 25 seats inc NI

Good gains for CON in England and a few in Wales, maybe going backward slightly in Scotland

LAB losses to CON and SNP

LD maybe a few off CON, unlikely any from LAB
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Ladies and gentlemen, you only have ONE HOUR LEFT TO VOTE.

**ONE HOUR KLAXON**
  • Options
    ozymandiasozymandias Posts: 1,503
    nunu2 said:

I'm hearing......

.....things.

And?
  • Options
    SchardsSchards Posts: 210
    ydoethur said:

If Labour are confident of retaining Grimsby, what might this mean?

Tories floundering?

I realise that's probably been done already...
    It’s a red herring.
    Tories caught between a rock and a hard plaice
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    moonshine said:

My postal proxy ballot arrived at 4pm today. After the first one “got lost in the mail”. Third election in a row (second general) the council disenfranchised me.

Can you not go to the polling place?
  • Options
    SunnyJimSunnyJim Posts: 1,106
    Con 340+ about to go odds-on on BF.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,013
    nico67 said:

Did someone mention earlier that the BBC will be projecting each constituency?

They technically did so in 2015, with their brick road of incredible Tory gains from LD, but they didn't talk much through it and it was not online.
  • Options

Ladies and gentlemen, you only have ONE HOUR LEFT TO VOTE.

**ONE HOUR KLAXON**

Sounds awfully similar to the Scottish Tory Surge KLAXON.
  • Options
    BONG MINUS 60 MINUTES
  • Options
    EPG said:

nico67 said:

Did someone mention earlier that the BBC will be projecting each constituency?

They technically did so in 2015, with their brick road of incredible Tory gains from LD, but they didn't talk much through it and it was not online.
    Okay , thanks .
  • Options
    nico67 said:

Did someone mention earlier that the BBC will be projecting each constituency after the exit poll?

They did last time. They will project some individual numbers probably %s for some key constituencies early in the election programme
  • Options
    alb1on said:

mwadams said:

RobD said:

IshmaelZ said:

Con Maj 1.38 on BF. Normality restored.

Ah, we've finally figured out what normality is then? :D
    Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.
    Welcome to the Starship Heart of Gold
    Is Boris the power source for the infinite improbability drive?
    Unlikely...
  • Options
    nunu2 said:

I'm hearing......

.....things.

Not a good time to stop taking your meds.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,685
    It's beginning.

Bercow on Sky News.
  • Options
    Schards said:

ydoethur said:

If Labour are confident of retaining Grimsby, what might this mean?

Tories floundering?

I realise that's probably been done already...
    It’s a red herring.
    Tories caught between a rock and a hard plaice
    It cod be all over.

• Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    DavidL said:

alb1on said:

viewcode said:

DavidL said:

Why the fuck does anyone in this benighted country ever travel by train? The useless bastards have delayed my train so that I won’t be at home by the exit poll. I hate them. Yes I may have had a drink. But it does not excuse their incompetence.

Amen
    I assume that the delay is caused by Notwork Rail rather than the operator, since most delays (ex Guard strikes) are down to signalling, track work, lack of track capacity etc - all of which are managed by the only nationalised part of the operation.
    Who cares? Burn it. Burn it all.
    That has been known to happen from time to time in South Africa.
  • Options
    matt said:

alb1on said:

IshmaelZ said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7784881/Starting-wrong-foot-Labours-Diane-Abbott-appears-rushed-ODD-shoes.html

Actually I think nobody should be making capital out of this on either side. She does not look well and that is something I have a huge amount of sympathy with right now. Disagreeing with her politics is fine (and I do) but not how she looks or dresses.
    I agree. It is a shame certain posters (Lab and Con)did not apply the same rule to Jo Swinson.
    My wife, who is as centrist as is it is possible to be, has had one comment on Swinson - she needs a professional bra fitting and stop the sagging. Other than that, Ms Swinson is wallpaper I’m afraid.

Edit - iOS loves correcting Swinson to Swindon. Bland? Dull?
    Cutting to the heart of the election, eh?
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

And Ave it projects:

CON to win by small majority although there is material uncertainty and possibility of a hung parliament

CON 44% LAB 35% LD 11%

CON about 335 seats
    LAB about 235 seats
    LD about 15 seats
    SNP about 40 seats

Good gains for CON in England and a few in Wales, maybe going backward slightly in Scotland

Where is Ave it and what have you done to him? That is almost sensible.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,822
    One hour until we go BONG!!!!
  • Options
    I'd watch the results on iPlayer, if it wasn't for the almost two minute lag :o
  • Options
    tyson said:

Alcohol consumption

I've already done 4 pints of 5% lager- a beery lunch, a beer at the pub catching up on work and a beer at the polling booth....wine beckons

Don't bet! Hide your credit and debit cards!
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Foxy said:

IshmaelZ said:

The issue is, from a Labour perspective, if she's sufficiently unwell to know that her shoes don't match and they're on the wrong feet, then should she be putting herself up to be shooed in in a solid Labour constituency

I have heard the stories, but the picture that Momentum used to prove it was taken on a different day

Where are you getting your info from?
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    GIN1138 said:

One hour until we go BONG!!!!

I'll be hitting the bong if we get a HP and another two years of this.
  • Options
    I like the fact that Sky News's election coverage starts at 9pm compared to 9:55pm for the other shows.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,291
    So, important business of the day:

What drinking game are we playing tonight?
  • Options
    alb1onalb1on Posts: 698
    matt said:

alb1on said:

IshmaelZ said:

I agree. It is a shame certain posters (Lab and Con)did not apply the same rule to Jo Swinson.
    My wife, who is as centrist as is it is possible to be, has had one comment on Swinson - she needs a professional bra fitting and stop the sagging. Other than that, Ms Swinson is wallpaper I’m afraid.

I guess that those without an ounce of common decency are out in force tonight.
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

And Ave it projects:

CON 44% LAB 35% LD 11%

CON about 335 seats
    LAB about 235 seats
    LD about 15 seats
    SNP about 40 seats

Move 20 from Lab to Con and I'm with you.

• Options
    I’ve wobbled.

Tories 320. HP nuttiness ensues.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,873
    FWIW There’s also reports of a record turn out in London and across the country.
  • Options
    HaroldOHaroldO Posts: 1,185

alb1on said:

mwadams said:

RobD said:

IshmaelZ said:

Unlikely...
    Hes a golden bail?
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870
    matt said:

alb1on said:

IshmaelZ said:

You may not be JS’s biggest fan, but surely you must agree she’d be a better Prime Minister than Rachael Swindon.
  • Options
    ReggieCideReggieCide Posts: 4,312
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

As a potential Home Secretary?
    I don't think Labour is that bothered who does the top jobs just so long as they slavishly toe Corbyn's line. Competence doesn't come into it.
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,244
    RobD said:

moonshine said:

My postal proxy ballot arrived at 4pm today. After the first one “got lost in the mail”. Third election in a row (second general) the council disenfranchised me.

Can you not go to the polling place?
    No, I am overseas and proxy is for close family members only, of which I have none near the constituency. It’s a familiar tale from so many I speak to currently based overseas. It’s a super safe London red seat. But still. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why some of these seats are super safe.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

One hour to go. Think I'm going to put the laptop down and find something non-election related to watch to keep my mind off it. Then BBC at 9:55, will probably be back here after the exit poll. See you on the other side...

You can watch early 80s music video playlists on my YouTube channel if you like. 😊
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Ave_it said:

And Ave it projects:

CON 44% LAB 35% LD 11%

CON about 335 seats
    LAB about 235 seats
    LD about 15 seats
    SNP about 40 seats

Ave it is now known as the voice of reason on this site!
  • Options
    Tory majority drifting out a bit
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,632
    So if Bozo and Raaaab both lose their seats we could have PM Priti by Christmas.
  • Options

matt said:

alb1on said:

IshmaelZ said:

You may not be JS’s biggest fan, but surely you must agree she’d be a better Prime Minister than Rachael Swindon.
    That’s a bit like saying somebody’s got more fiscal integrity than Ian Lavery.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

IshmaelZ said:

You've not been following this have you. Oh, I forgot, you're a LibDem.
  • Options

FWIW There’s also reports of a record turn out in London and across the country.

I think national turnout will be 72%, the highest since 1997 when it was 71%.
  • Options
    NOM coming in, how is the Pound looking?
  • Options
    eggegg Posts: 1,749
    Ave_it said:

DavidL said:

Ave_it said:

And Ave it projects:

CON 44% LAB 35% LD 11%

CON about 335 seats
    LAB about 235 seats
    LD about 15 seats
    SNP about 40 seats

Ave it might prove better than the exit poll 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
  • Options

alb1on said:

mwadams said:

RobD said:

IshmaelZ said:

Unlikely...
    I don't know. He rather reminds me of the plummeting whale muttering 'Not again'.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
  • Options

NOM coming in, how is the Pound looking?

Strong n Stable.
  • Options

So if Bozo and Raaaab both lose their seats we could have PM Priti by Christmas.

Unless she loses her seat as well.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Er...read that again to yourself ...
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,579
    What is Jeremy Vine dressing up as this year in his animation?

I demand Rudolph.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Whats the highest ever Andy??
  • Options

Hanging and flogging reintroduced by New Year? Or would she have to wait until we leave the EU?
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

DavidL said:

Ave_it said:

And Ave it projects:

CON 44% LAB 35% LD 11%

CON about 335 seats
    LAB about 235 seats
    LD about 15 seats
    SNP about 40 seats

Boring. Let's go off the wall. Way more fun.
  • Options
    Floater said:

Foxy said:

IshmaelZ said:

I have heard the stories, but the picture that Momentum used to prove it was taken on a different day

Twitter, so who knows what is real!
  • Options
    alb1on said:

alb1on said:

mwadams said:

RobD said:

IshmaelZ said:

Unlikely...
    I don't know. He rather reminds me of the plummeting whale muttering 'Not again'.
    That was the bowl of petunias.

That last sentence makes sense in context, trust me.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

As a potential Home Secretary?
    I don't think Labour is that bothered who does the top jobs just so long as they slavishly toe Corbyn's line. Competence doesn't come into it.
    Thank god for that.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    ydoethur said:

I have to work tomorrow so cant get pissed

How about I knock one back every time the Lib Dems win a seat?
  • Options
    I wonder whether the exit poll will show a Tory majority but with a wider range than normal in seat numbers .
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760
    It could well be that the exit poll leaves enough MOE that Betfair stays roughly at 1.4
  • Options
    Good evening, everyone.
  • Options
    tory o/m starting to drift a touvh
  • Options
    First election for years I haven’t been involved in apart from the last EU ones (which I ignored) so it is very very weird.
    Plus I am sober.
  • Options
    Floater said:

ydoethur said:

I have to work tomorrow so cant get pissed

How about I knock one back every time the Lib Dems win a seat?
    I was thinking, how about one for every Labour gain outside London?

That should keep both of us nice and sober...
  • Options

You don't think this is bad enough?
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,899
    ydoethur said:

If the exit poll shows a hung Parliament, consume everything in the house before midnight?
  • Options
    nico67 said:

I wonder whether the exit poll will show a Tory majority but with a wider range than normal in seat numbers .

I'm still not sure what they'll do if the confidence interval includes a hung parliament. They might only say Tory majority if the lower bound is above 326.
  • Options
    Andrew said:
    That Con majority figure is not disimilar to Remain in 2016 at this stage in the proceedings.
  • Options

Hanging and flogging reintroduced by New Year? Or would she have to wait until we leave the EU?
    Bent Benny as personal mentor and advisor to the Cabinet?
  • Options
    1.42 where does it stop nobody knows

We have been 1.4 down to 1.22 up to 1.67 and back to 1.4 £17.6 m traded
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited December 2019
    Every time it looks like Tory O/M might have finally broken the 1.4 resistance level as it goes below for a bit, it pops right back out.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

ydoethur said:

If the exit poll shows a hung Parliament, consume everything in the house before midnight?
    Yes, time to celebrate!
  • Options

Every time it looks like Tory O/M might have finally broken the 1.4 resistance level as it goes below for a bit, it pops right back out.

Sounds like something Boris said to Petronella...
  • Options
    SunnyJimSunnyJim Posts: 1,106
    edited December 2019

If it was a horse there would be questions asked.
  • Options

alb1on said:

alb1on said:

mwadams said:

RobD said:

IshmaelZ said:

Unlikely...
    That was the bowl of petunias.

That last sentence makes sense in context, trust me.
    I bow to a fellow devotee. :)
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

ydoethur said:

eat the baby to get the tories over the line?
  • Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688

This is ridiculous. They don't know. They work on information and misinformation and they often lag a long time behind reality.

Just wait!
  • Options
    alb1on said:

Bent Benny as personal mentor and advisor to the Cabinet?
    Boing boing by the way!
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Finally voted. Brisk turnout in dampest darkest Horsham.
  • Options
    eggegg Posts: 1,749

matt said:

alb1on said:

IshmaelZ said:

I had the Swindon problem too. So I went with Jo and predictive text turned it into joke. At least with IOS we have fun emoji. Here’s Mogg 🚼
  • Options

tory o/m starting to drift a touvh

Same message to show I'm being fair. Much as I'd love it to be true please just wait!!
  • Options
    Okay. So the word now is that the mega Stockton turnout is Labour. And that's not according to Labour sources...
  • Options
    I'm actually quite nervous now!
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Finally voted. Brisk turnout in dampest darkest Horsham.

Are we allowed to ask?
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Floater said:

Foxy said:

IshmaelZ said:

Twitter, so who knows what is real!
    Everyone was in agreement on here until you came in
  • Options
    I might need to charge my phone, as speedy reverse ferret on exit poll may be needed. It turned me from a modest red to a modest green last GE. The odds were over an hour to change to Odds on NOM. I have a bit of my stake float ready...
  • Options
    100% certain that Lynda Chalker has lost Wallsey.
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,934

Okay. So the word now is that the mega Stockton turnout is Labour. And that's not according to Labour sources...

Voting labour or from strong labour areas but voting to kick Corbyn in the nuts?
  • Options
    sladeslade Posts: 1,932
    Further news from Colne Valley. They are queuing out of the doors in the middle class areas; not so in the working class areas. Con gain?
  • Options
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Foxy said:

IshmaelZ said:

Express, telegraph, metro as well as Mail all still carrying the story, and there are multiple photos. Your claim this is fake news, is fake news.
  • Options

That was 27 years ago.
  • Options
    I think we can rule out a sizeable Tory majority. If that was the case, I think we would have had the smoke signals by now.
  • Options

Yes, she isn't even a candidate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallasey_(UK_Parliament_constituency)
  • Options
    nico67 said:

BONG....

"And our exit poll shows.....fuck knows......"
This discussion has been closed.