Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » NEW PB / Polling Matters podcast. Election preview / will ther

Comments

• Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,458

(continued from previous)

It's then a matter of looking at the evidence for each one and deciding which might fall. FWIW, the YouGov MRP rates them as follows:

Southampton Itchen: Likely Con
    Richmond Park: Likely Lib Dem
    Hastings and Rye: Likely Con
    Chipping Barnet: Tossup
    Norwich North: Likely Con
    Hendon: Lean Con
    MK South: Likely Con
    MK North: Lean Con
    Finchley and Golders Green: Likely Con
    Putney: Lean Con
    Harrow East: Likely Con
    Watford: Likely Con
    Crawley: Likely Con
    Chingford and Wood Green: Likely Con
    Reading West: Likely Con
    Cities of London and Westminster: Likely Con
    Worthing East and Shoreham: Likely Con
    Lewes: Lean Con
    Colchester: Safe Con
    St Albans: Likely Lib Dem
    Wimbledon: Likely Con
    Guildford: Lean Con
    Winchester: Lean Con
    South Cambs: Lean Con
    Wokingham: Likely Con

That suggests only two likely losses and another eight reasonably tight contests. If Tory HQ are sending Boris Johnson out more widely in this part of the world then they're either being very cautious, or they're concerned about local factors not captured by this kind of modelling.

Alternatively, as others have suggested, maybe he's being used in defence because Tory HQ thinks he'll go down better campaigning in those sorts of seats, rather than the Northern Labour targets? Who can say?

I see Tory in Hastings said disabled people dont understand money and employers should be able to pay them next to nothing.

Wonder if could be Lab gain or if Tories can literally say anything and still win.
    I’m guessing she was referring to what Lord Freud said about many mentally disabled people been priced out of the job market because the minimum wage is far greater than the value they bring to their firm.

But, as we all know it’s far better to pretend otherwise and to have disabled people dependent on social services paid 24/7 support than go out to work.
    Mrs BJ is a paraplegic and takes great offense at the comments.

Whatever the context.
    I don't think she actually commented. She shared a Spectator article written by the mother of a child with Down's Syndrome. It's a good article, best for you both to read it and make up your own minds:https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/03/the-minimum-wage-denies-my-daughter-the-dignity-of-a-paid-job/
  • Options
    RobD said:

Ten mins :o

Must...get...polling...fix.
  • Options
    nico67 said:

Byronic said:

RobD said:

geoffw said:

More signs that SLab may be in for a trouncing, briefing this to The Scotsman:

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1203812060095799297

Abandoning the unionist vote. Very clever.

Richard Leonard is quite the tactical genius...
    I wonder if we'll see Tories UP in Scotland? :o
    It's very possible.
    The big yet anticipated surprises for me will be Tories UP in Scotland and the LDS DOWN from their present MP count.

The latter now looks positively likely

Whatever else this GE will be (the end of the EU, the end of the UK, etc) it will be DEMOCRATIC and FUCKING COMPELLING
    I expect the Lib Dems will only make a few gains from their 2017 total and that means they’ll end up below what they’ve currently got .

The BP standing down in Tory seats has really hurt their chances . As for the Tories in Scotland , many of the seats up there are quite marginal .

So anything could happen be it SNP taking upper 40s range to only a few gains .

Agree, I think the Lib Dems will under perform with 15 - 20 seats.
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502

tyson said:

Quite a lot of persistent rain currently forecast for Thursday, particularly in the afternoon - of course this could change, although 3-5 day forecasts these days tend to be fairly accurate.
    Obviously this would tend to hit the overall turnout, but in terms of its effect on the GE result how is persistent rain likely to help or hinder the various parties?

That must be bad for the marginals that the Tories are hoping to secure...in fact it could be more than bad....
    I have no idea but the Sky News paper review thought exactly the opposite. They believed that with Labour relying so heavily on both young first time voters and GOTV, bad weather on polling day would hit Labour disproportionately badly.

I understand the basic logic but have no idea if it is correct.
    Rain on turnout is often overplayed. But generally though what research shows is it’s more likely to have a slight effect on the C2DE demographic

Because postal votes tend to favour the Conservatives lower turnout on the day would help them . Also the timing of any rain could be important . Younger voters and those more likely to favour Labour are more likely to vote in the afternoon and evening , older people in the morning .

The reason behind this is pretty logical in that the Tories core voting group the over 65s won’t be working so tend to go in the morning .
  • Options
    nunu2nunu2 Posts: 1,453
    edited December 2019
    RobD said:

Ten mins :o

5 mins 😮
  • Options

It's then a matter of looking at the evidence for each one and deciding which might fall. FWIW, the YouGov MRP rates them as follows:

That suggests only two likely losses and another eight reasonably tight contests. If Tory HQ are sending Boris Johnson out more widely in this part of the world then they're either being very cautious, or they're concerned about local factors not captured by this kind of modelling.

Alternatively, as others have suggested, maybe he's being used in defence because Tory HQ thinks he'll go down better campaigning in those sorts of seats, rather than the Northern Labour targets? Who can say?

I see Tory in Hastings said disabled people dont understand money and employers should be able to pay them next to nothing.

Wonder if could be Lab gain or if Tories can literally say anything and still win.
    I’m guessing she was referring to what Lord Freud said about many mentally disabled people been priced out of the job market because the minimum wage is far greater than the value they bring to their firm.

But, as we all know it’s far better to pretend otherwise and to have disabled people dependent on social services paid 24/7 support than go out to work.
    Mrs BJ is a paraplegic and takes great offense at the comments.

Whatever the context.
    I don't think she actually commented. She shared a Spectator article written by the mother of a child with Down's Syndrome. It's a good article, best for you both to read it and make up your own minds:https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/03/the-minimum-wage-denies-my-daughter-the-dignity-of-a-paid-job/
    Exactly that. Thanks.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    edited December 2019
    TudorRose said:

In response to the chart showing where the leaders have been; this article suggests we may need to watch where they go next.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50706932

Mr Johnson will also travel to south-west England, where he will warn against voting for the pro-EU Lib Dems.

Again?! Hmm...
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,011

Byronic said:

This is SO true. The exposed EU nationalism of Remainers has been very startling. They are prepared to sacrifice ANYTHING - British democracy, the Union, civil peace - as long as Brexit can be reversed and the EU sustained as is. Quite shocking.

Sacrifice the Union you say?

'Party members are also willing to sacrifice another fundamental tenet of Conservative belief in order to bring about Brexit: unionism.* Asked whether they would rather avert Brexit if it would lead to Scotland or Northern Ireland breaking away from the UK, respectively 63% and 59% of party members would be willing to pay for Brexit with the breakup of the United Kingdom.'

https://tinyurl.com/yyxeun7u
    With the SNP still polling well below 2015 pre Brexit vote levels and the DUP still the largest party in NI there is no such choice to be made
  • Options
    ByronicByronic Posts: 3,578

Byronic said:

This is SO true. The exposed EU nationalism of Remainers has been very startling. They are prepared to sacrifice ANYTHING - British democracy, the Union, civil peace - as long as Brexit can be reversed and the EU sustained as is. Quite shocking.

'Party members are also willing to sacrifice another fundamental tenet of Conservative belief in order to bring about Brexit: unionism.* Asked whether they would rather avert Brexit if it would lead to Scotland or Northern Ireland breaking away from the UK, respectively 63% and 59% of party members would be willing to pay for Brexit with the breakup of the United Kingdom.'

These people are also idiots. The UK is very much worth preserving. The EU. significantly less so. We are an island. They are the Austro-Hungarian Empire with added fiddly bits.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    So? :D
  • Options
    If Survation shows a decent Tory MAJ I will officially go to bed, and go to bed tranquil and confident.

C'mon
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    edited December 2019
    viewcode said:

Um, hold on.

If you mentally subtract the red crosses and keep the black crosses, the black crosses (Boris) are predominantly in Leave Tory consituencies.
    If you mentally subtract the black crosses and keep the red crosses, the red crosses are more evenly distributed and are arguably more concentrated in Labour Remain areas.

Or have I misinterpreted this?
    I'm having to squint at the scales but it looks like you may be right, which looks odd at first sight.

Possible theories:

1. A lot of Corbyn's appearances are in safe Labour Remain seats because they're full of Momentumites so he can hold big rallies there (makes him feel comfortable and enthuses his campaigning base; Labour has far more members than the Tories, and this helps to encourage them to volunteer to be deployed in places where Labour is actually interested in door knocking)
    2. The remainder of Corbyn's appearances are disproportionately concentrated in the Tory/Leave quadrant because the Tories have far more Leave than Remain marginals. This likewise explains Johnson's distribution. Corbyn is attacking and Johnson is defending

Point 2 makes sense if the suggestions of differential swing are correct. If the Labour and Tory HQs are both convinced that a load of Labour Leave MPs are toast, then it might make more sense for Labour to try to mitigate the damage by targeting Tory-held marginals in areas where they feel they're doing slightly better, in the hope of picking some of them off?

If we assume both that the polls suggesting the Tories picking up a similar overall national share to last time are right, and that there is strong evidence of outperformance in the Labour Leave seats, then they might be going backwards a little in other parts of the country?

If the Tories are outperforming relative to the national picture in the North and underperforming in the South, whereas Labour's vote share is breaking in the opposite sense, then there could be more vulnerable Tory seats in the South than has been previously assumed. But this is pure speculation: apart from anything else, the diagram doesn't tell us where in the country the seats they've been visiting are.

Personally I'm sticking with the accumulation of evidence from the YouGov MRP, the 2017 results and my own reasoning, as posted a little earlier. I don't think that the threat to the Tories in the greater South-East, from either Labour or the Lib Dems, is that widespread at this election. There probably will be net Tory losses throughout the region but, taking into account the possibility of the odd gain here and there (Dagenham and Rainham, Croydon Central, Carshalton & Wallington, Ipswich, Eastbourne, North Norfolk, Peterborough and Bedford all immediately spring to mind as targets,) they ought to be in single figures.
  • Options
    I've been out of circulation for a few weeks due to family issues but am I right that this election is proving a real non event? Seems like the lowest key campaign since 2001 at least. Surprising in some ways given how uncertain the result is.
  • Options
    OMG
  • Options
    BOOMMMMMMMMMM
  • Options
    @Byronic you may sleep.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    Well, safe to say that wasn't what was expected.
  • Options
    I don't believe the Tories are going to get 45%, but I can believe Commie Corbyn getting 31%.
  • Options
    Oh my word.....
  • Options

• Options
    Ave_it said:
    We need to add 1%, right. ;)
  • Options
    Surprising Betfair market hasn't shifted yet.
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited December 2019
    With results like that, the polling industry better hope it's got it right this time.

• Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GAME OVER
  • Options
    Oh Betfair has moved now!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    "Thanks but I'll wait for Surva...

Shit."
  • Options
    Byronic said:

Byronic said:

These people are also idiots. The UK is very much worth preserving. The EU. significantly less so. We are an island. They are the Austro-Hungarian Empire with added fiddly bits.
    I see that like many of your ilk you've convinced yourself that NI doesn't exist.
  • Options
  • Options
    Byronic said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GAME OVER

Are you telling me I have just spent the last 2hrs coding up live data stuff for no reason.
  • Options
    I predicted this!

A swingback at the end, just like in 2017, but from very different start positions.

Fuck. Boris is gonna get a BIG majority
  • Options
    Sub 1.30 now on Tory Majority.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,288
    Presume * indicates rounding.

ie Con were 42 in last Survation.

So, eg, gone from 42.3 to 44.7 - ie up 2 rounded.
  • Options
    Gold Standard Survation now forecasting a Tory landslide, a 14% Tory lead would be the biggest since 1983, even bigger than Thatcher's 12% lead in 1987 when she won a majority over 100
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    RobD said:

Ave_it said:
    We need to add 1%, right. ;)
    Actually I am ok with 14%!!!!

• Options
    ELBOW Con lead up to 10.1% (was 9.7% last Sunday)
  • Options
    edited December 2019

I don't believe the Tories are going to get 45%, but I can believe Commie Corbyn getting 31%.

Ye of little faith.
  • Options
    nunu2 said:
    Sh*t the bed, lads. Game over, surely?
  • Options
    Anyone seen sample size? Survation are usually 1k, 3% MoE.
  • Options
    Time for the SCon Klaxons to sound? 😂
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,777
    Hmm. No danger of the lower polls seeing the avg. Lead drop then.

Tories should be comfortable of a decent majority, or a big one if labour do not outperform the polls a bit.

While I dont believe any party in this country is popular enough to get 45%, the Tories have good reason to think they can match last time, and labour therefore need a bigger polling error than last time.

Good night.
  • Options
    Ah, smug complacency mode!
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,288
    Has ONE poll ever moved Betfair so much - 1.33 to 1.28 in 5 mins!
  • Options
    nunu2 said:

Ye of little faith.
    Well it would be helpful if the media were to focus on the Gina Miller poll and not this one for the next 3 days.

Quick get a load of Maomentumers on the media ASAP, telling the world its all within MoE...that will get Flat Cap Fred done the polling station.
  • Options
    So. Sunderland.....
  • Options
    Revised ELBOW inc. Survation:

Con 43.0% (+0.4)
    Lab 32.9% (nc)
    LD 12.5% (-0.6)
    Brex 3.1% (-0.4)
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited December 2019
    £50k just went through on betfair....I think we can say the city types have been reassured.
  • Options
    Andrew said:

Tables - https://t.co/AmDgQntClO

Sample, 1012.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Has ONE poll ever moved Betfair so much - 1.33 to 1.28 in 5 mins!

That’s Blair landslide figures is it not?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    5 days before election 2017 GMB Survation had just a 1% Tory lead, 41% to 40% for Labour in its final poll, just 1% off the final result.

Tonight just 3 days before the 2019 general election GMB Survation has a 14% Tory lead, that is landslide territory folks!
    https://survation.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Final-GMB-GE2017-V-Tables-020617TOCH-1c1d0h3-microage.pdf
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,427

Byronic said:

Byronic said:

I see that like many of your ilk you've convinced yourself that NI doesn't exist.
    As someone who was born there, NI doesn't really exist.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125

Farage's last shot at claiming some glory is a Wednesday statement to tell voters in all seats bar a specified handful to vote Tory. Then take credit for the shit-storm that engulfs Labour.

And shit weather melting the under-25 snowflakes.

Along with the Tories REALLY getting their shit together on social media for the next 72 hours, that Red Wall is gonna crack.....

46-29.
  • Options

So. Sunderland.....

Sod Sunderland, it's Bootle we're after.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    It's close enough to 43/33/13 to conform to that general pattern. I shall believe talk of a possible swingback to the Tories only if there's a lot more evidence to corroborate it.
  • Options
    So about that Andrew Neil video....what is the view count at now?
  • Options
    Let's not get too excited

Still time for the CORBYNISTA swing!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    RobD said:

Andrew said:

Sample, 1012.

Ta. Probably best to treat this as just confirmation of 10%ish then, and a comfortable majority.

Nothing magical about Survation, just as there's nothing magical about YouGov's MRPs.
  • Options
    If 45% of the population do vote Tory, most of the graveyards in the North are going to be spinning so much we could probably attach turbines and power the national grid.
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    houndtang said:

I've been out of circulation for a few weeks due to family issues but am I right that this election is proving a real non event? Seems like the lowest key campaign since 2001 at least. Surprising in some ways given how uncertain the result is.

Six week campaign and Christmas.
  • Options
    13.7% undecided...dont know how that compares to other polls
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Revised ELBOW inc. Survation:

Con 43.0% (+0.4)
    Lab 32.9% (nc)
    LD 12.5% (-0.6)
    Brex 3.1% (-0.4)

ELBOW - magnificent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQl5KYiiFDI
  • Options
    Weird how this poll feels more significant than all others. Why?

Partly: confirmation bias, for sure. All non-racist, non-Jew-haters want to see Labour thoroughly defeated and disgraced. That is the righteous position. We are all in danger of seeing what we want to see.

BUT, also, this feels like it captures a genuine mood shift. BMG also showed a significant slide against Racist Labour. This kinda cements it. Who wants to vote for C*nts? And, not only that, Loser Marxisr C*nts?

Die, Corbyn's Labour, Die.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,777
    Last thought - Corbyn can explain away a loss if it's not too big. Divided party, country wanted brexit too much, etc. But if there is a big win for the tories he and his circle cannot hide. The weaknesses, the problems with Boris and co are well known and largely true. That he might win despite that would nor surprise, but Corbyn could not pretend not to be a major problem if it's a big win.

Time for some last minute heroics labour. And for traditional labour to get super spooked and motivated. Do enough fear Boris enough to cut the lead at this stage?
  • Options
    Con+Brexit 49%
  • Options
    Well some people aren't happy on twitter....

https://twitter.com/arcpolitics98/status/1203829232939491329
  • Options

If 45% of the population do vote Tory, most of the graveyards in the North are going to be spinning so much we could probably attach turbines and power the national grid.

"But we aren't voting Tory, dad, grandad - we're voting Boris...."
  • Options
    Are the Tories are just opening the social media spending taps....
  • Options
    Actually the lead is 13.6% rounded up to 14%

Still obviously a great poll for the Tories
  • Options
    The Andrew Neil effect?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Last thought - Corbyn can explain away a loss if it's not too big. Divided party, country wanted brexit too much, etc. But if there is a big win for the tories he and his circle cannot hide. The weaknesses, the problems with Boris and co are well known and largely true. That he might win despite that would nor surprise, but Corbyn could not pretend not to be a major problem if it's a big win.

Time for some last minute heroics labour. And for traditional labour to get super spooked and motivated. Do enough fear Boris enough to cut the lead at this stage?

An utter pounding has to result in labour moving back to the middle. There will be a lot of angry momentumites out there. Who will they blame? Blairites? Media? Billionaires? Trump? Israel ?
  • Options
    Baxter - post-Survation

Con ............ 367
    Lab ............. 210
    LibDems ....... 10 (2 Black Cabs)
    SNP ............... 41
    Plaid Cymru .... 3
    Brexit .............. 0
    Greens ............ 1
    N.I ................. 18

Total ........... 650
    Con Maj. ....... 84

• Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

Plus she's being investigated for anti-semitic comments, just saying.
    That makes 5 Tory Candidates
    NOW your interested?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Swingback in action?

Updated chart - https://imgur.com/xYPdORP
  • Options

Baxter - post-Survation

Con ............ 367
    Lab ............. 210
    SNP ............... 41
    Plaid Cymru .... 3
    Brexit .............. 0
    Greens ............ 1
    N.I ................. 18

Total ........... 650
    Con Maj. ....... 84

Barnesian model says......Tory majority of 1....
  • Options

kle4 said:

An utter pounding has to result in labour moving back to the middle. There will be a lot of angry momentumites out there. Who will they blame? Blairites? Media? Billionaires? Trump? Israel ?
    PB Tories :naughty:
  • Options
    Andrew said:

RobD said:

Andrew said:

Sample, 1012.

Ta. Probably best to treat this as just confirmation of 10%ish then, and a comfortable majority.

Nothing magical about Survation, just as there's nothing magical about YouGov's MRPs.
    Opinium also had a 15% Tory lead. What's more the fieldwork for this poll ended yesterday evening.
  • Options
    Labour HQ are surely going to now announce some mega bribe and Jezza will massive new document dumps from dodgy Russian accounts on reddit.
  • Options

Farage's last shot at claiming some glory is a Wednesday statement to tell voters in all seats bar a specified handful to vote Tory. Then take credit for the shit-storm that engulfs Labour.

Along with the Tories REALLY getting their shit together on social media for the next 72 hours, that Red Wall is gonna crack.....

46-29.
    1935 general election repeat ? If landslide happens and I think the runes are showing its gonna happen, Corbyn finished, Farage seen off,Brexit done, Remain destroyed, saved from Marxism, a proper Tory majority ,what's not to like
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Baxter - post-Survation

Con ............ 367
    Lab ............. 210
    SNP ............... 41
    Plaid Cymru .... 3
    Brexit .............. 0
    Greens ............ 1
    N.I ................. 18

Total ........... 650
    Con Maj. ....... 84

It is a swing of 6% from Labour to Tory which on UNS would see the Tories gain 58 Labour seats taking Labour actually down to just 204 seats and assuming 6 losses to the SNP under 200 to 198.

That would be the lowest result for Labour in terms of MPs returned since 1935, even lower than Foot's 209 in 1983

http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/battleground/targets/conservative
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    The big one now is YouGov MRP. I presume we are going to see something like a 10% lead, but it will be interesting to see the majority. Is it that Labour are piling up votes in safe seats or not.
  • Options
    Long way to go y'all
  • Options

kle4 said:

Keir Starmer and Tony Blair
  • Options

Labour HQ are surely going to now announce some mega bribe and Jezza will massive new document dumps from dodgy Russian accounts on reddit.

Any mega bribe and it will scream desperation

And Boris could say...Corbyn would bankrupt Britain and cause economic chaos...and it would resonate
  • Options
    Con <--> LibDem

2017 - gap 35%

2019 - gap 34%

swing 0.5%
  • Options
    edited December 2019

kle4 said:

The electorate.
  • Options

Baxter - post-Survation

Con ............ 367
    Lab ............. 210
    SNP ............... 41
    Plaid Cymru .... 3
    Brexit .............. 0
    Greens ............ 1
    N.I ................. 18

Total ........... 650
    Con Maj. ....... 84

Barnesian model says......Tory majority of 1....

And after Andrew Neil went viral.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,458
    Ave_it said:

Long way to go y'all

True, but it is still richly enjoyable.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

Keir Starmer would very likely become leader, with some support from both Momentum and the centre.
  • Options
    And a look on twitter...and the Corbynites are already picking through the subsamples, reweighting etc.
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    A horror poll for Labour .

And it can’t be put down to unusually low turnout in younger people . 19% of women are still undecided , Labour just edge the Tories in that group .

The Tories have a huge lead in men and Labour are being trounced in the over 55s .

Labours last ditch message in those Midlands and Northern seats really needs to be now would you trust the Tories with a huge majority.

• Options

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

Keir Starmer would very likely become leader.
    He wouldn't, the cult will decide Labour was not leftwing enough because of the likes of Starmer and too concerned with stopping Brexit rather than pushing for socialism, hence the big Labour losses north of Watford
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    nico67 said:

A horror poll for Labour .

And it can’t be put down to unusually low turnout in younger people . 19% of women are still undecided , Labour just edge the Tories in that group .

The Tories have a huge lead in men and Labour are being trounced in the over 55s .

Labours last ditch message in those Midlands and Northern seats really needs to be now would you trust the Tories with a huge majority.

And I think the Tories will be saying look what happened last time and wave around Gina Miller poll.

Also, unlike 2017, the media narrative hasn't been landslide for day after day, it has been much more about how close it is.
  • Options
    kjohnw1 said:

46-29.
    1935 general election repeat ? If landslide happens and I think the runes are showing its gonna happen, Corbyn finished, Farage seen off,Brexit done, Remain destroyed, saved from Marxism, a proper Tory majority ,what's not to like
    That would be a hell of a list achievements for Boris.

He can retire next Christmas. Job done.
  • Options
    bizarrely betfair still implies the chance of a Lab majority at 2%
  • Options
    RobD said:

kle4 said:

PB Tories :naughty:

They will blame the electorate for not understanding the manifesto & Labour candidates for not explaining it properly.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

Keir Starmer would very likely become leader.
    He wouldn't, the cult will decide Labour was not leftwing enough because of the likes of Starmer and too concerned with stopping Brexit rather than pushing for socialism, hence the big Labour losses north of Watford
    You do need to all extract yourselves from the excited echo chamber on here, sometimes. He's probably the only candidate acceptable to both wings, with Miliband.
This discussion has been closed.