Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » NEW PB / Polling Matters podcast. Election preview / will ther

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited December 2019 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » NEW PB / Polling Matters podcast. Election preview / will there be a hung parliament?

On the latest PB / Polling Matters podcast, Keiran Pedley and Leo Barasi delve deep into the numbers to preview what will happen Thursday. They ask ‘who has had a good or bad campaign?’ and crucially ‘Will there be a hung parliament?’

Read the full story here

Comments

• First.
  • Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    BMG 9% lead is ok

Bit worried about Boris being in Chingford. Where the leaders are late on is a STRONG indication of close contests.

Maybe Boris will be in Argyll tomorrow !
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941
    That image haunts me.
  • 4th like Swinson
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited December 2019
    I couple of things that we used to think was always truth until 2017....swingback to the government in the last week and take the worst Labour score and best Tory.
  • Vote Gauke!
  • Ave_it said:

BMG 9% lead is ok

Bit worried about Boris being in Chingford. Where the leaders are late on is a STRONG indication of close contests.

Is there any actual proof that a leader visit does boost performance?
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    edited December 2019
    @ydoethur FPT

I will admit that the business model evolved over the years, but the shop still has its own hallmark 😉
  • I couple of things that we used to think was always truth until 2017....swingback to the government in the last week and take the worst Labour score and best Tory.

Just out of interest are you calmer now
  • Ave_it said:

BMG 9% lead is ok

Is there any actual proof that a leader visit does boost performance?
    Yes. But only if they are the only leader to visit.
  • dr_spyn said:
    Personally, with nothing more than general feeling, 41-42% for Tories seem more realistic than the 44-45% and Labour (given how unpopular their leader is) on 32% than 35%.
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Ave_it said:

BMG 9% lead is ok

Clearly making sure IDS loses, one headache our ‘one nation’ pm can do without.
  • nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    As a Labour supporter if someone offered me the final polls and they showed tonight’s BMG I would take that at this stage given some of the other weekend polls.

A 9 point lead for the Tories but with those high scores for the Lib Dems and Greens .

Labour would need to make up 4 points to throw the Tories majority into doubt .
    edited December 2019

I couple of things that we used to think was always truth until 2017....swingback to the government in the last week and take the worst Labour score and best Tory.

Keeping busy with work / general election data scraping.
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,758
    Charles said:

@ydoethur FPT

I will admit that the business model evolved over the years, but the shop still has its own hallmark 😉

The gold standard of finance?
  • Sorry to be missing C4...

twitter.com/IsabelHardman/status/1203756304537243648?s=20

Sounds like Tories have pulled a wise move again ignoring C4.
  • ByronicByronic Posts: 3,578
    That's an excellent poll for the Tories, in context. Even BMG are showing them in firm overall majority terroir.

I wonder if we ARE seeing a repeat of 2017, but the bit right at the end, when TMay's VI strengthened slightly, and Labour tailed off slightly.

The difference back then was that, before this final movement, the two parties were basically level pegging. Now it is happening with the Tories already 7-9% ahead.

If it is recurring, Boris could exceed my expectations and get a 60+ majority.
  • I am not.

I determined some time ago not to watch the debates or QT with the exception of the two Boris v Corbyn ones

I need to keep my sanity and even those two tested it
  • Anyway only 3 days more campaigning to go

And then the 10 pm exit poll
  • Is anyone watching the debate?
  • Re debates, I think it is very disappointing we haven't had a chancellor / shadow chancellor one. At the end of the day, without a solid economy all the other stuff is irrelevant.

Anyway only 3 days more campaigning to go

And then the 10 pm exit poll

BONG!
    edited December 2019

Is anyone watching the debate?

Are your mental, NFL RedZone is on....SEEVVVVVEEENNNN Hours of commercial free football.
  • WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,480
    edited December 2019
    The majority of PB breathes as a sigh of relief as a greater tory lead is posted.

However, that poll seems not in fact to be that up to date, as it seems to have been conducted largely, or completely, before a very close debate. Only 4 million watched, but that may take a point or two off the total.

I think at the moment we are maybe in a tory majority of 20 zone, with Labour having three days to do anything about that.

Re debates, I think it is very disappointing we haven't had a chancellor / shadow chancellor one. At the end of the day, without a solid economy all the other stuff is irrelevant.

Since neither of them are offering that, what would you learn from it?

Are your mental, NFL RedZone is on....SEEVVVVVEEENNNN Hours of commercial free football.
    Do you have to subscribe?

The majority of PB breathes easier as a greater tory lead is posted.

However, that poll seems not in fact to be that up to date, and to have been conducted largely before a very close debate. Only 4 million watched, but it may take a point or two off that total.

I think at the moment we are maybe in a tory majority of 20 zone, with Labour having three days to change that.

Or the Tories, of course...
  • ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201

Yes and my take is the SNP lady is very good, not surprising because she is a surgeon and delivers her message and a calm and knowledgeable way.
  • I couple of things that we used to think was always truth until 2017....swingback to the government in the last week and take the worst Labour score and best Tory.

I thought you were stopping with this gif shit?

Is there a way to disable it?
  • The majority of PB breathes as a sigh of relief as a greater tory lead is posted.

However, that poll seems not in fact to be that up to date, as it seems to have been conducted largely before a very close debate. Only 4 million watched, but it may take a point or two off that total.

I think at the moment we are maybe in a tory majority of 20 zone, with Labour having three days to do anything about that.

How many people watching that debate will have changed their minds do you think?
  • HaroldOHaroldO Posts: 1,185
    Theres a debate on channel 4 tonight?!
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

OMG I had forgotten swingback. A reminder of days so incredibly far removed from us, that there was only one antisemite posting here.

The majority of PB breathes as a sigh of relief as a greater tory lead is posted.

However, that poll seems not in fact to be that up to date, as it seems to have been conducted largely, or completely, before a very close debate. Only 4 million watched, but it may take a point or two off that total.

The Tories are on average about 10-11% ahead.

Even ignoring other factors (eg Boris' probable out-performance in Labour marginals) such a result would give them a significantly bigger majority than 20.

Its on Sky Sports Mix in the UK and via subscription of NFL Game Pass.

However, that poll seems not in fact to be that up to date, as it seems to have been conducted largely before a very close debate. Only 4 million watched, but it may take a point or two off that total.

How many people watching that debate will have changed their minds do you think?
    ~0
  • The majority of PB breathes as a sigh of relief as a greater tory lead is posted.

However, that poll seems not in fact to be that up to date, as it seems to have been conducted largely, or completely, before a very close debate. Only 4 million watched, but it may take a point or two off that total.

You should take into account that last week was taken up with Boris dealing with a terrorist attack, Trump and NATO, all of which Boris came out from well

I would not be surprised if that last week will filter through in favour of Boris in the polls

Yes and my take is the SNP lady is very good, not surprising because she is a surgeon and delivers her message and a calm and knowledgeable way.
    Surgeons are usually very good at being reassuring. Until you get one who greets you with “hello sir, do you remember teaching me?”

Calm down dear. A poster said they suffered with a condition that meant if lots were posted it was very difficult, so I obviously said I would respect that and they said one is fine, just not lots of them.
  • ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201

Surgeons are usually very good at being reassuring. Until you get one who greets you with “hello sir, do you remember teaching me?”
    LoL
  • WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,480
    edited December 2019
    Byronic said:

Even ignoring other factors (eg Boris' probable out-performance in Labour marginals) such a result would give them a significantly bigger majority than 20.
    Probably not, though, if what people are saying are wild and unprecedently odd patterns of tactical voting are taken into account. A lot of people seem to be scrabbling around in the dark trying desperately to keep either Corbyn or Brexit out. I don't think there's ever been an election like this, in that sense.

I’ll stick to the complete games on YouTube then.
  • IshmaelZ said:

OMG I had forgotten swingback. A reminder of days so incredibly far removed from us, that there was only one antisemite posting here.
    Unlike his claims about the Jews, he was correct about swingback.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,712
    edited December 2019
    Ave_it said:

BMG 9% lead is ok

Yougov MRP has the Tories only 9% ahead in Chingford but 11% ahead nationally, Dataprix today has the Tories just 2% ahead in Chingford but getting a majority over 30 nationally.

Chingford is now more Labour than the national average due to demographic change
  • Now 1.32....oooh i say
  • maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391

I think at least 1 of the 3 will
  • EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,960

Nicola Surgeon?
    edited December 2019

That is also really good....Machine Learning automatic highlight generation posted within 30 mins of the end of the game. I notice Sky Sports are now doing that with the footy. I haven't watched MOTD this season, because of it.

The powers that be really need to copy the Redzone offering though.

Byronic said:

Not, though, if what people are saying are wild and unprecedently odd patterns of tactical voting are taken into account. A lot of people seem to be scrabbling around in the dark trying either to keep Corbyn or Brexit out. I don't think there's ever been an election like this, in that sense.
    Sure. But I am saying: just look at the polls. Because, for every anecdote you can produce - there's a youthquake! - I can do the same - look at the feedback from canvassers and focus groups!

So let's just stick to hard data and the hard data we have are: regular polls, MRP polls, and constituency polls, and ALL of those are now pointing to a sizeable Tory majority. With three days to go.
  • Now 1.32....oooh i say

I think it hit 1.31 late last night, before drifting back out through today.
  • People are also scrabbling to keep the Tories out,not just Corbyn!
  • Byronic said:

Probably not, though, if what people are saying are wild and unprecedently odd patterns of tactical voting are taken into account. A lot of people seem to be scrabbling around in the dark trying either to keep Corbyn or Brexit out. I don't think there's ever been an election like this, in that sense.
    When the dust settles I would not be surprised to find the wild and unprecedentedly odd patterns of tactical voting end up canceling themselves out.

Or we get a Corbyn majority on 28% of the vote.
  • It will be interesting to see what MRP lead is based on. Last time it was 11%, I am guessing 9-10% this time.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,284
    HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

BMG 9% lead is ok

Yougov MRP has the Tories only 9% ahead in Chingford but 11% ahead nationally, Daraprix today has the Tories just 2% ahead in Chingford but getting a majority over 30 nationally.

Chingford is now more Labour than the national average due to demographic change
    The problem is the next door seat in Walthamstow had a Labour share of 81% at the previous election. You usually get a spillover effect from one seat to the next and the fact that Walthamstow has shifted from being Tory in 1987 to one of the safest Labour seats today has inevitably affected Chingford to a certain extent.
    edited December 2019

It will be interesting to see what MRP lead is based on. Last time it was 11%, I am guessing 9-10% this time.

I'm betting it'll show a Labour Majority. :p
  • numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,414
    edited December 2019
    BMG moves into line with the majority of the other pollsters, then.

IF the polls are right I think it's hard to see any other result than a Tory majority now. The question is the size.

Have the polls got it right, though?
    Andy_JS said:

HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

BMG 9% lead is ok

Yougov MRP has the Tories only 9% ahead in Chingford but 11% ahead nationally, Daraprix today has the Tories just 2% ahead in Chingford but getting a majority over 30 nationally.

The problem is the next door seat in Walthamstow had a Labour share of 81% at the previous election. You usually get a spillover effect from one seat to the next and the fact that Walthamstow has shifted from being Tory in 1987 to one of the safest Labour seats today has inevitably affected Chingford to a certain extent.
    The Tories will clearly lose Chingford, for the foreseeable future, quite soon. But Corbyn and Brexit may save IDS this time.
  • NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,263
    edited December 2019
    Had 7 hours on the doorsteps today, 6 yesterday. More anecdata:

* It's not as clear-cut class-wise as it seems to be in some places. WWC Labour voters in the north of the constituency (Kimberley and nearby) seem to be drifting back - one said wryly "I always say I'm not going to vote for you again but in the end I do, I don't know why". Conversely the middle-class intellectual vote that was the backbone of my support is weaker these days - quite a lot of dislike for perceived populism by both main parties, and some planning to abstain.

* There is plenty of Lib-Lab tactical voting, though. Anna Soubry will only just hold her deposit, I think, and with LibDems not standing the anti-Soubry LD vote is up for grabs (though it was already squeezed last time).

* Continued huge waves of Labour helpers (mostly sparky students from Nottingham) - roughly 50 canvassers*2 areas*3 shifts*2+ hours=600+ person-hours a day. Most homes have been canvassed in the last few weeks, and in strong areas there have been up to six canvasses to fill the gaps.

* The Conservative candidate apparently suggested that people use food banks because they are bad at budgeting, and they should take out payday loans: https://twitter.com/broxtowelabour/status/1203318135123849216 - the comments are being widely circulated in Broxtowe and I met several voters who were switching from Con because of them.

Still Con favourite, but the Labour machine here is quite astonishing - I've not seen anything like it in 50 years. That said, I've heard second hand that the outlook in Bassetlaw is grim for Labour, and only the 3-way split is making Ashfield hard to call.

That is also really good....Machine Learning automatic highlight generation posted within 30 mins of the end of the game. I notice Sky Sports are now doing that with the footy. I haven't watched MOTD this season, because of it.

The ones I see aren’t highlights, but complete games with the ads edited out. I’m surprised they are not taken down due to copyright tbh.
    edited December 2019

No, I am doing what normal people do this evening and watching Strictly.

Boris and Corbyn are not in the debate anyway
  • Now 1.32....oooh i say

I think it hit 1.31 late last night, before drifting back out through today.
    now 1.31....surely your relentless pessimism must be relenting a little ;)
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,284
    1.32 has been gobbled up.
  • Byronic said:

Byronic said:

Not, though, if what people are saying are wild and unprecedently odd patterns of tactical voting are taken into account. A lot of people seem to be scrabbling around in the dark trying either to keep Corbyn or Brexit out. I don't think there's ever been an election like this, in that sense.
    Sure. But I am saying: just look at the polls. Because, for every anecdote you can produce - there's a youthquake! - I can do the same - look at the feedback from canvassers and focus groups!

So let's just stick to hard data and the hard data we have are: regular polls, MRP polls, and constituency polls, and ALL of those are now pointing to a sizeable Tory majority. With three days to go.
    This is true. Let's see if the British polling industry has got its act together.

The ones I see aren’t highlights, but complete games with the ads edited out. I’m surprised they are not taken down due to copyright tbh.
    Ohhhh...the official NFL channel puts up 10 mins highlight packages for each game that are automatically generated, and they appear about 30 mins after the completion of the game.
  • mattmatt Posts: 3,789

Re debates, I think it is very disappointing we haven't had a chancellor / shadow chancellor one. At the end of the day, without a solid economy all the other stuff is irrelevant.

I think, post-election and whatever the result there needs to be a framework agreed between TV media and the parties. The debates, the people and the parties. It will stop, or at least hinder, the twattery on both sides.
  • Some game between the 49ers and the Saints, 28 - 27 at half time.
  • nunu2nunu2 Posts: 1,453

It will be interesting to see what MRP lead is based on. Last time it was 11%, I am guessing 9-10% this time.

I think it will show a bigger Tory majority on a smaller tory lead.
  • matt said:

I think, post-election and whatever the result there needs to be a framework agreed between TV media and the parties. The debates, the people and the parties. It will stop, or at least hinder, the twattery on both sides.
    Totally agree. I actually think we should also have yearly QT with them on. That is good for democracy.
  • Some game between the 49ers and the Saints, 28 - 27 at half time.

Spoilers!

At the same time one can disable or avoid the retarded Twitter-scrapers.
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,281
    Andy_JS said:
    "His plummy voice and silly hair and constant jokes [sic] are deeple, even reassuringly, British..."

FFS! Even if the author is British, this is an American stereotype of britishness based on Downton Abbey crossed with Four Weddings.
    edited December 2019
    Byronic said:

Andy_JS said:

HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

BMG 9% lead is ok

The Tories will clearly lose Chingford, for the foreseeable future, quite soon. But Corbyn and Brexit may save IDS this time.
    IDS is a good MP but from my canvassing in Chingford and Woodford Green if his opponent was a LD or Independent he might well have lost on Thursday, fear of Corbyn amongst Tory and LD Remainers will I think see him scrape home

* It's not as clear-cut class-wise as it seems to be in some places. WWC Labour voters in the north of the constituency (Kimberley and nearby) seem to be drifting back - one said wryly "I always say I'm not going to vote for you again but in the end I do, I don't know why". Conversely the middle-class intellectual vote that was the backbone of my support is weaker these days - quite a lot of dislike for perceived populism by both main parties, and some planning to abstain.

* There is plenty of Lib-Lab tactical voting, though. Anna Soubry will only just hold her deposit, I think, and with LibDems not standing the anti-Soubry LD vote is up for grabs (though it was already squeezed last time).

* Continued huge waves of Labour helpers (mostly sparky students from Nottingham) - roughly 50 canvassers*2 areas*3 shifts*2+ hours=600+ person-hours a day. Most homes have been canvassed in the last few weeks, and in strong areas there have been up to six canvasses to fill the gaps.

* The Conservative candidate apparently suggested that people use food banks because they are bad at budgeting, and they should take out payday loans: https://twitter.com/broxtowelabour/status/1203318135123849216 - the comments are being widely circulated in Broxtowe and I met several voters who were switching from Con because of them.

Still Con favourite, but the Labour machine here is quite astonishing - I've not seen anything like it in 50 years. That said, I've heard second hand that the outlook in Bassetlaw is grim for Labour, and only the 3-way split is making Ashfield hard to call.

You did read the revelation that Team Corbyn are only sending these huge packs of canvassers to Corbynite/Momentum candidates, whatever their electoral chances?

Your guy in Broxtowe is a Momentum favourite.

https://labourlist.org/2017/11/momentum-delight-as-clp-picks-local-councillor-to-fight-sacked-minister-soubry/

Corbyn, Milne and McDonnell don't give a fuck about your chances of winning this election, they just want to seize the entire Labour Party for themselves and their cause.

I have never felt so sorry for you.

How many of the seven hours actually feature live action?
    edited December 2019

How many of the seven hours actually feature live action?
    100% *....that is why it is just genius....it is 7hrs of live action, no ads, no waiting for the next play, they just flip between all the games when there is action.

* well probably 95-99%.
  • KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    edited December 2019
    I'm in the Canterbury constituency and just received a Labour leaflet - a letter from Tim Walker, the Lib Dem candidate who stood down (though who was replaced), pleading for Remainers to vote for Rosie Duffield against "Vote Leave's" Anna Firth.

Is it wise reinforcing your opponent's leave credentials, and your candidate's hard remain credentials, in a constituency that voted 51% to leave? There is no Brexit Party candidate here.

In the bin.
  • Current Polling Compared to This Time in the 2017 Campaign:

CON: 42.8% (-0.5)
    LAB: 32.9% (-3.8)
    LDM: 12.4% (+4.6)
    BXP: 3.1% (-1.2)*
    GRN: 2.6% (+0.7)

*Changes w/ UKIP vote share. https://t.co/4ceR0aUs2m
    edited December 2019
    Byronic said:

You did read the revelation that Team Corbyn are only sending these huge packs of canvassers to Corbynite/Momentum candidates, whatever their electoral chances?

https://labourlist.org/2017/11/momentum-delight-as-clp-picks-local-councillor-to-fight-sacked-minister-soubry/

Corbyn, Milne and McDonnell don't give a fuck about your chances of winning this election, they just want to seize the entire Labour Party for themselves and their cause.

Palmer spent years lying to Broxtowe voters about being a Marxist enthusiast while voting for everything the Blair and Brown administrations proposed. He is political cancer personified. One doesn’t feel sorry for that. Liar is as liar does.
  • NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,263
    Byronic said:

It's not a revelation, it's a Sunday Times story. And it's incorrect. I was findinga similar tidal wave of helpers in Portsmouth South (where the Labour MP is not remotely Corbynite), including lots of Momentum members from along the coast. There are even more here because it's the main target near Nottingham, which is a Labour stronghold with a huge membership.

But I'm not predicting a win as a result. Having a of people is great, but only part of a winning strategy.
  • BMG moves into line with the majority of the other pollsters, then.

IF the polls are right I think it's hard to see any other result than a Tory majority now. The question is the size.

If the polls are all wrong it must surely mark the end of the polling industry. They might as well do something useful instead, such as planting trees.
  • KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    Andy_JS said:
    Is Johnsonian Conservatism much different to the stuff the SDP is/was proposing? Socially (relatively) conservative, economically liberal? He will have to keep tacking that way if he really does break down Labour's northern "Red Wall".
    matt said:

Byronic said:

Palmer spent years lying to Broxtowe voters about being a Marxist enthusiast while voting for everything the Blair and Brown administrations proposed. He is political cancer personified. One doesn’t feel sorry for that. Liar is as liar does.
    No, I'll defend Nick. He's a decent bloke, just blinkered and misguidedly loyal to some real villains. He would have been first out of the trenches at the Somme - following idiot generals - and amongst the first to get mown down.
  • Byronic said:

matt said:

Byronic said:

No, I'll defend Nick. He's a decent bloke, just blinkered and misguidedly loyal to some real villains. He would have been first out of the trenches at the Somme - following idiot generals - and amongst the first to get mown down.
    Not many generals leading the charge at that battle.
  • Byronic said:

It's not a revelation, it's a Sunday Times story. And it's incorrect. I was findinga similar tidal wave of helpers in Portsmouth South (where the Labour MP is not remotely Corbynite), including lots of Momentum members from along the coast. There are even more here because it's the main target near Nottingham, which is a Labour stronghold with a huge membership.

But I'm not predicting a win as a result. Having a of people is great, but only part of a winning strategy.
    Is there any evidence that flooding a respectable neighbourhood with Momentum activists helps your cause? Are you sure they haven't been sent by the Tories?
  • dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,279
    https://twitter.com/Brikka43/status/1203762854505123843

The former MP might be staying up for this.
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,723

I think they have Lab anywhere between. 20-40 losses in England and 10 more elsewhere imo.

Said all along a Jester maj of 20+

Lab could not overcome both Corbyn and Brexit unpopularity.

Last hope is tactical voting like never seen before but a single figure Tory Maj is best Non Cons can hope for.

At least we will Leave the EU but the divide will get worse whether we do or not under the most right wing Government of my lifetime imo
  • ** Drum roll **

Preliminary Sunil on Sunday ELBOW data (still awaiting Survation and BMG!): 11 polls with fieldwork end-dates 2nd to 8th December:

Con 43.0 (+0.4)
    Lab 33.1 (+0.2)
    LD 12.6 (-0.5)
    Brex 2.9 (-0.6)

Con lead 9.9 (+0.2)

Andy_JS said:
    6% lead last week turns into a 9% lead this week...
    can we ELBOW it in?
    Adjustment for BMG (comparison with last week's ELBOW):

Con 42.8 (+0.2)
    Lab 33.0 (+0.1)
    LD 12.7 (-0.4)
    Brex 3.0 (-0.5)

Con lead 9.8 (+0.1)

Byronic said:

Not many generals leading the charge at that battle.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25776836

Although actually the worst casualty rates were among subalterns - 19% compared to 12% in the ranks.
    dr_spyn said:

Doubt that result.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 11,184

Andy_JS said:
    Is Johnsonian Conservatism much different to the stuff the SDP is/was proposing? Socially (relatively) conservative, economically liberal? He will have to keep tacking that way if he really does break down Labour's northern "Red Wall".
    Nick Timothy (yes, I know) has written several articles in the Telegraph arguing that that is exactly what would happen should the Conservative Party find itself with a majority based on places like Bassetlaw.
  • dr_spyn said:

IT IS A SPOOF ACCOUNT.
  • nunu2nunu2 Posts: 1,453

Current Polling Compared to This Time in the 2017 Campaign:

A net 3.5% better for tories than last time =6.5% tory lead. Hmmmm. Too close for comfort.
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

I think they have Lab anywhere between. 20-40 losses in England and 10 more elsewhere imo.

Said all along a Jester maj of 20+

Lab could not overcome both Corbyn and Brexit unpopularity.

Last hope is tactical voting like never seen before but a single figure Tory Maj is best Non Cons can hope for.

At least we will Leave the EU but the divide will get worse whether we do or not under the most right wing Government of my lifetime imo
    It’s too early for this, but Labour could have overcome Corbyn unpopularity.
  • MattWMattW Posts: 18,088

Thanks Nick.

The Tories seem to be helping you in Ashfield :-) .

dr_spyn said:

IT IS A SPOOF ACCOUNT.
    dr_spyn fell for spyn!!
    edited December 2019
    dr_spyn said:

Seriously? That was 80% Labour at the last GE!

Edit: No - not seriously.
    (Thanks @TheScreamingEagles)
  • nunu2 said:

Current Polling Compared to This Time in the 2017 Campaign:

A net 3.5% better for tories than last time =6.5% tory lead. Hmmmm. Too close for comfort.
    That would be assuming the Tory overstatement from last time is repeated....and the pollsters have adjusted their methodologies apparently to try and account for that
This discussion has been closed.