Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » NEW PB / Polling Matters podcast. Election preview / will ther

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Henrietta said:

Byronic said:

As an actual Remain result recedes into the distance, Remainers will be thinking: who will best defend my interests.

Given that - as we are so often told! - Remainers tend to be richer and better educated, most of them will be thinking: "Shit, Boris Johnson is the better bet, he won't turn the UK into Venezuela."

We may be witnessing the birth of the Shy Remainer Borisite

Hardly anyone with a "Remainer" identity will vote Tory.
    Voting intention among EU Ref Remain voters (latest Survation):

Con: 16
    Lab: 46
    LibD: 22
    BXP: -
    Green: 4
    SNP: 5
    PC: 2

So, more Remain voters plan to vote Conservative than plan to vote Green, SNP and PC combined.

As for Venezuela, why did its economic decline predate sanctions?
  • Options
    NEW THREAD
  • Options
    alb1onalb1on Posts: 698
    moonshine said:

There was some chat in the previous thread about the Lib Dems ready to outperform, by winning seats like Woking. "12-1 a bargain if you can afford to lose a tenner!"

Well I'm here to tell you this is nonsense. The tactical voting websites are recommending to vote for Labour. And there's a high-single digits percent in this constituency that will always vote Labour under any circumstance.

Even in a Remain leaning commuter seat, there's no chance whatsoever that the Lib Dems will be able to squeeze Labour hard enough and take enough Tory Remainers with them to win this seat. Meanwhile there is no chance in hell that tactical wet Remainers will be backing Corbyn.

Guildford is a more nuanced and already well told story but I'd be shocked if this did anything but stay blue.

Right about Woking. Wrong about Guildford.
  • Options
    There is no doubt at all that the Tories will lose seats in the south. Hence a hung parliament beckons....
  • Options
    MangoMango Posts: 1,013
    He's right about the IEA though, even if his poll analysis is a little wishful
This discussion has been closed.