Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If this polling turns out to be accurate then it is great news

SystemSystem Posts: 11,682
edited November 2019 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If this polling turns out to be accurate then it is great news for the SNP and Boris Johnson

A poll graphic with a range of exciting facial expressions on our party leaders? Ok, seeing as it’s you pic.twitter.com/ASI9ckwxXn

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,612
    edited November 2019
    Bozo lying from the podium.

Edit: Not second!
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967
    Second :(
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,616
    Tories to lose Stirling to the SNP I assume.
  • Options
    Couldn't get a first because the comment box wasn't appearing on the main page. Outrageous!
  • Options
    SLAB or Panda Bears?
  • Options
    It would be funny if the SNP dropped below 40% of the vote and got less than half the seats in Scotland - 29 seats.

Wouldn't be great for that second referendum mandate, that.
  • Options
    Oven-ready for a strong and stable government that gets Brexit done.
  • Options

It would be funny if the SNP dropped below 40% of the vote and got less than half the seats in Scotland - 29 seats.

World's smallest violin on standby ;)
  • Options

If 40% is a mandate for Bozo's Brexit deal then it should be sufficient for Indyref2.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    This would be a pretty amazing result for Bozza. There's potential that we could see the Tories gain more seats and get ~30% of the vote.
  • Options
    Johnson is on form in this launch. He's not said a lot of great importance, but he's upbeat and funny.
  • Options
    Carbon neutral by 2050 and Corbyn neutral by Christmas, lol
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,718
    Bojo: "Nightmare on Downing Street" Nice one
  • Options
    I'm amazed he said 'coalition of chaos'.

Was he trolling Cammo?
  • Options
    'Only the myopic would say this is a bad result for the SNP because they fail to hit the dizzying heights of 2015'

Paging HYUFD Magoo.
  • Options

If the SNP are in power in Scotland I would argue that gives them the mandate for a second referendum. If people don't want that then they can vote for other parties.
  • Options
    nunu2nunu2 Posts: 1,453
    edited November 2019
    Good.

The Tories are not going to beat Labour in the spending game anyway.
  • Options

If 40% is a mandate for Bozo's Brexit deal then it should be sufficient for Indyref2.
    If they got less than half the seats and just over a third of the vote in Scotland then it really wouldn't be.
  • Options

Was he trolling Cammo?

We're definitely rerunning the 2015 election campaign.
  • Options

If the SNP get enough votes to run Scotland, then that's enough votes to go for a second referendum. The SNP are the Ronseal of politics-if you don't want to run the risk of independence, you shouldn't vote for them.
  • Options

If the SNP are in power in Scotland I would argue that gives them the mandate for a second referendum. If people don't want that then they can vote for other parties.
    They're arguing that this election will provide that mandate.

That message has been heard loud and clear by Unionists north of the border.
  • Options
    SandraMcSandraMc Posts: 597
    I have seen anything in the Conservatives' manifesto yet that will help disabled people other than free parking at hospitals. The Labour Party's manifesto had a whole section on it. It is a shame that some of Labour's better ideas, such as increasing the carer's allowance, were buried under an avalanche of "if it moves, nationalise it" proposals.
  • Options

If they got less than half the seats and just over a third of the vote in Scotland then it really wouldn't be.
    They won the last Hollyrood election. They should get a referendum every time they do that if they have the votes. It’s for the Scots to decide whether that gets boring or wasteful.
  • Options

So if they get more than half the seats and 40% of the vote that's a mandate? Glad we've got that settled.
  • Options
    I as a young person have received no reason for me to vote Tory, thanks Johnson
  • Options

Well that is such a surprise
  • Options

I suspect no reason would be enough to convince you to vote Tory. ;)
  • Options

Tbh, we were never going to get your vote so if we did I would be worried about being on the wrong track. Ultimately we can't be all things to all men/women.
  • Options
    Bloomberg about to throw his hat into the ring this afternoon.

Because what we needed was another non-viable candidate in this race.
  • Options
    nunu2nunu2 Posts: 1,453

Unless your planning to re train as a student nurse
  • Options
  • Options
    FPT - carriers make sense as part of a well-balanced global blue water navy, and well funded land and air forces that can leverage them.

They risk just becoming expensive tokens without that.
  • Options

They won the last Hollyrood election. They should get a referendum every time they do that if they have the votes. It’s for the Scots to decide whether that gets boring or wasteful.
    She's arguing for one next year (the next Scottish election isn't until May 2021) and wants to use this general election as a mandate for that.

She was decidedly lukewarm about a sequel at the last Scottish election in May 2016.
  • Options
    Any boos for journalists yet?
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,897

He’s leaving your generation a couple of trillion better off, by not spending tomorrow’s money today.
  • Options
    RobD said:

No
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

LOL - they could have given you a ferrari and you would still say no.

We all know who you prefer
  • Options

So if they get more than half the seats and 40% of the vote that's a mandate? Glad we've got that settled.
    No.
  • Options
    RobD said:

I suspect no reason would be enough to convince you to vote Tory. ;)
    I might have been swung by a more Cameronite party, I think Clegg might have swung me to the Lib Dems.

But not this current lot, I really don't like them. I get I'm in a losing battle there (although not with my age group if you believe the polls).
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    MaxPB said:

This would be a pretty amazing result for Bozza. There's potential that we could see the Tories gain more seats and get ~30% of the vote.

There are five SNP seats which require a swing of less than 1.4% for the Tories to win, including Pete Wishart's seat.
  • Options
    So, the Conservatives are remaining fiscally sensible?

Excellent. Gets my vote.
  • Options
    Floater said:

I think under Cameron they at least tried to be moderate and propose some policies like gay marriage, etc. but they're not even trying anymore.

In a way I kind of respect them for that - but it does make my decision very easy.

Having said that, I live in one of the safest Tory seats in the country, so my vote is fairly useless. Think I will have to vote Lib Dem tactically.
  • Options
    So wait, I thought the tories were supposed to be like Labour in terms of spending pledges.

Just not quite so mental.
  • Options
    "So is the biggest non-Parliamentary influence on the manifesto of all: Dominic Cummings. These provincial voters are the people who were targeted by Vote Leave to deliver the referendum result. Cummings has been light touch during this campaign – barely visible; hidden away: no public appearances, or staff briefings designed to be leaked.

But his influence is everywhere. Last week’s rejection of a corporation tax cut; the NIC proposal; the absence to date at least of any commitment on inheritance tax…all this is part of a plan to be seen as the real People’s Party. In economic terms, it falls short. In political ones, it seems to be working."

https://www.conservativehome.com/thetorydiary/2019/11/the-conservative-manifesto-launch-cummingisation-continues.html
  • Options
    Artist said:

MaxPB said:

There are five SNP seats which require a swing of less than 1.4% for the Tories to win, including Pete Wishart's seat.
    Indeed, the SNP could conceivably be seeing a lot of the vote increase coming in Labour held seats meaning we might get an SNP -> Con swing elsewhere.
  • Options

Floater said:

I think under Cameron they at least tried to be moderate and propose some policies like gay marriage, etc. but they're not even trying anymore.

In a way I kind of respect them for that - but it does make my decision very easy.

Having said that, I live in one of the safest Tory seats in the country, so my vote is fairly useless. Think I will have to vote Lib Dem tactically.
    Do it - every vote less for La la Labour is a nail in the coffin for this outbreak of marxism
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,119
    lolz at Labour, leaving £80 billion on the table.....
  • Options

Is that one of the most important things about yourself? I don't define myself according to what age I am, or any of the other group identifiers like race, class, region, etc.
  • Options

RobD said:

No
    How about abusing females in the room so they leave in tears?

• Options
    RobD said:
    Yes, Donald Trump's ratings amongst British voters are so dire they make Corbyn look popular.
  • Options
    Floater said:

Floater said:

Do it - every vote less for La la Labour is a nail in the coffin for this outbreak of marxism
    I won't be casting my vote with happiness at all.
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,934
    Jesus boris absolutely floored by a question about Twitter
  • Options

lolz at Labour, leaving £80 billion on the table.....
    Which didn't include the pension bribe from last night
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Is that one of the most important things about yourself? I don't define myself according to what age I am, or any of the other group identifiers like race, class, region, etc.
    In terms of voting, I like to have a party that at least acknowledges that young people exist. There doesn't seem to be anything from the Tories that attempts to do that.

And why would they bother? We don't vote.
  • Options
    edited November 2019

RobD said:
    Yes, Donald Trump's ratings amongst British voters are so dire they make Corbyn look popular.
    Well yes, but I was interested in the last claim, the claim that it has impact such that it is a gift for Corbyn?
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,294
    edited November 2019
    Floater said:

RobD said:

No
    How about abusing females in the room so they leave in tears?

Nobody has left the room in tears
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

In terms of voting, I like to have a party that at least acknowledges that young people exist. There doesn't seem to be anything from the Tories that attempts to do that.

So Labour borrowing madly now which will leave you and future generations saddled with debt is better?

Give it up
  • Options
    One good Tory policy - banning export of plastic waste to non-OECD countries - its a problem in Indonesia where First World plastic to be "recycled" is simply burnt, leading to dioxin levels in eggs only exceeded in Vietnam (Agent Orange).
  • Options
    Johnson sank without trace on the fake fact checker. Looked really shifty.
  • Options
    Useful. Now all we need is one showing the cost of Brexit versus Remain.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

He’s leaving your generation a couple of trillion better off, by not spending tomorrow’s money today.
    THIS
  • Options
    Labour is going to go all in on social care, that seems to be their big attack line. I don't think it's going to work...
  • Options
    Floater said:

Andy_JS said:

So Labour borrowing madly now which will leave you and future generations saddled with debt is better?

Give it up
    We can agree to disagree. They haven't got my vote though :)
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789

Labour is going to go all in on social care, that seems to be their big attack line. I don't think it's going to work...

When you’re a gerontocracy at the top, these things are perhaps front and centre of thinking....
  • Options
    I, as a one-armed black lesbian, have received no reason to vote Monster Raving Loony. Thanks, Lord Sutch - may you rest in peace.
  • Options

Making everyone pay £100,000 towards their care, £200,000 for a couple will go down like a lead baloon
  • Options

Floater said:

What is the current equivalent of gay marriage? What policy could they offer?
  • Options

Sandpit said:

THIS
    Yes - Labour will make life much more difficult for future generations with this economic vandalism.
  • Options
    Another mile down the road to Damascus for SLab. Marvellous that Richard Leonard who worked for the GMB when they conspired with Glasgow City Council to shaft low paid women out of hundreds of millions of pounds has now seen the light.

https://twitter.com/LabourRichard/status/1198367174429233153?s=20
  • Options

Making everyone pay £100,000 towards their care, £200,000 for a couple will go down like a lead baloon
    Isn't that more than the tories got slated for in 2017?
  • Options

Floater said:

I think scrapping the interest rate on student loans would be something good that would appeal to me for sure.
  • Options

You as a young person have no reason to vote Labour. Its our generation that will be paying for the debt Labour runs up.
  • Options

Floater said:

Andy_JS said:

Give it up
    We can agree to disagree. They haven't got my vote though :)
    Those with the longest to live would on average suffer the most from a year zero destruction of the economy. The current labour leadership is the most dangerous type of politician as they fervently believe in a utopian ideology.
  • Options

Another mile down the road to Damascus for SLab. Marvellous that Richard Leonard who worked for the GMB when they conspired with Glasgow City Council to shaft low paid women out of hundreds of millions of pounds has now seen the light.

Didn't they have their high court case thrown out? I'm not sure why Labour are banging on about there being an injustice...
  • Options

She's arguing for one next year (the next Scottish election isn't until May 2021) and wants to use this general election as a mandate for that.

She was decidedly lukewarm about a sequel at the last Scottish election in May 2016.
    She won’t be leader in 2021.
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,934
    edited November 2019
    The massive difference in spending commitments is of course deliberate, its aimed to make Labours 28 times higher commitments look suicidal for the economy and feed into that narrative
  • Options

Floater said:

I think scrapping the interest rate on student loans would be something good that would appeal to me for sure.
    This would be a good policy. I don't think the cost of the loan shouldn't grow in real terms.
  • Options
    Floater said:

Isn't that more than the tories got slated for in 2017?
    Yes and of course Boris announced he will make sure peoples homes will not be at risk for future dementia care payments
  • Options
    Good afternoon, everyone.

Surprisingly mild outside.
  • Options
    So, polls? :)
  • Options
    RobD said:

Didn't they have their high court case thrown out? I'm not sure why Labour are banging on about there being an injustice...
    They did lose, but are appealing

The Labour drone interviewed by Marr earlier had to say "if they win their court case"

• Options
    RobD said:

Floater said:

This would be a good policy. I don't think the cost of the loan shouldn't grow in real terms.
    It's something many have called for. Of course scrapping tuition fees is more of a vote winner but for somebody with a student loan already, 6% interest is the real killer for me anyway.
  • Options
    Floater said:

RobD said:

They did lose, but are appealing

The Labour drone interviewed by Marr earlier had to say "if they win their court case"

From what I read it didn't sound as though there was much chance of the appeal succeeding, unless the first judge got it totally wrong?
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,629
    MaxPB said:

Was he trolling Cammo?

Remind me how well that government went...
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,294
    edited November 2019
    RobD said:

It is on appeal and of course they may win the apppeal

However, McDonnell's announceme nt is a knee jerk response to labour's polling position and just adds to the narrative of out of control billions upon billions of spending

The contrasts in the spending in the manifesto highlights the absurd nature of labours give everyone and anyone anything they ask for
  • Options

Floater said:

Its what the Conservatives should do or alternatively put a cap on maximum repayments or alternatively write off debts above a certain level.

But they seem to be in denial on this issue even when the ONS gives them tens of billions to take some action.
  • Options

The massive difference in spending commitments is of course deliberate, its aimed to make Labours 28 times higher commitments look suicidal for the economy and feed into that narrative

So it does seem as if the Tory commitment to left behind towns is going to be lip service. Let them eat Brexit, while the SE prospers.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

MaxPB said:

Was he trolling Cammo?

We won a majority and destroyed the Lib Dems. It was a good campaign.
  • Options
    Of course, if you live in a devolved country, you can vote iin a UK GE in the knowledge it will have relatively little impact on your life.
  • Options

Floater said:

Its what the Conservatives should do or alternatively put a cap on maximum repayments or alternatively write off debts above a certain level.

But they seem to be in denial on this issue even when the ONS gives them tens of billions to take some action.
    It wouldn't surprise me to see it dealt with in the next Parliament but I think they might have worried about a 'dementia tax' style blow up if they'd announced anything during this campaign.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Foxy said:

MaxPB said:

Was he trolling Cammo?

We won a majority and destroyed the Lib Dems. It was a good campaign.
    A Phyrric victory and a disastrous government though.
  • Options
    Anyone got a link to the pdf for the manifesto?
  • Options

Floater said:

It is - but this is why young people feel ignored, because the Tories just continunally ignore this issue.

They obviously do it wisely because they know young people don't vote, so it doesn't impact their voting behaviour.

But from a moral level, I can't blame people for feeling hard done by, if I am honest.
This discussion has been closed.