Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » And so to the first leaders’ TV debate of GE2019 – without a r

Comments

• kle4kle4 Posts: 94,914
    edited November 2019

Boris Johnson did not come across as a leader tonight.He seemed unprepared and lacking in substance.The audience laughed at him on more than one occasion.His whole demeanour revealed a contemptuous attitude towards the audience.

Jeremy Corbyn on the other hand was surprisingly good and statesmanlike.

This is just silly - they both got laughed at (at least twice for each). It's fair to conclude Corbyn was the better, but you cannot criticise one for being laughed at when both were. At best you can say he got laughed at less.
  • wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 9,946

spudgfsh said:

Boris Johnson did not come across as a leader tonight.He seemed unprepared and lacking in substance.The audience laughed at him on more than one occasion.His whole demeanour revealed a contemptuous attitude towards the audience.

and also got laughed at

more than once.
    They laughed at Corbyn once, they laughed with him many times from my recollection. His best line was on the Christmas present
    He was laughed at over Brexit and over his 4 day week proposal. He did poorly. As did the PM. Poor performances in a rubbish format. These lunatics coming on here saying anyone looked statesmanlike are just trolling.
    The polling shows BJ isn't trusted as much but is better liked and preferred as PM. Fits the polling.
  • So Corbyn massively winning on in touch - but people still think Johnson is more PM material, despite being less trustworthy than Corbyn
  • ReggieCideReggieCide Posts: 4,312

TOPPING said:

Barnesian said:

TOPPING said:

Barnesian said:

Flashy4 said:

Boil it down - Jezza couldn’t answer on Brexit - the end.

TOPPING said:

Barnesian said:

TOPPING said:

Clear Corbyn win by the end in my view, but let's see what the snap poll says.

Is he in favour of leaving or remaining in the EU, Nick? He is leader of one of our two main political parties. What is his view? Let's let him lead us all.
    Why does he have to answer that question? He is neutral. Leave it to the people to decide and he'll implement it. I think that's fair enough. I certainly don't think it is a killer question though Johnson obviously thinks it is.
    It is a killer question because he is the leader of the Labour Party and it is the most important issue facing our country.

Or why not a referendum on privatisation in the NHS?
    I suspect he will agree a free vote for Labour MPs and keep above the fray himself. That's exactly what Wilson did in 1975.

"In a 1975 pamphlet Prime Minister Harold Wilson said: "I ask you to use your vote. For it is your vote that will now decide. The Government will accept your verdict."[3] The pamphlet also said: "Now the time has come for you to decide. The Government will accept your decision — whichever way it goes.""

So why not a referendum on privatisation in the NHS?
    Why? Non sequitur.
    It's an issue of national importance and Jeremy has a very strong view. Why shouldn't he be neutral? Leave it to the people to decide?
    I thought they had
    You thought wrong.
    Nuff said
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 42,459

dr_spyn said:
    The 130 are suspended which is what Corbyn said.
    Bollocks he said "every single case" as you and I discussed when he said it earlier. Don't be a dick.
  • RobDRobD Posts: 59,541

So Corbyn massively winning on in touch - but people still think Johnson is more PM material, despite being less trustworthy than Corbyn

Don't forget Johnson massively winning on likeable.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 31,266
    There wasn't enough time for them to answer questions.
  • ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201
    As any well trained salesperson will tell you people buy from people they like.

The like question is the most important.
  • nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    A mixed bag there but Labour will be delighted with the 59 v 25 result at the end . That’s key for them .
  • Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    Plays to the traditional party stereotypes. Tory = heartless party of the rich, but also competent (don't laugh - it's all relative nowadays.) Labour = cuddly party (unless you're Jewish) of the poor, but also useless.

The economy, if not exactly rolling along like a freight train, is reasonable for the middle classes. Low interest rates and low unemployment. So, the Conservatives get more votes.

The question continues to be whether or not they get a sufficiently greater number of votes to get across the finishing line in an election. We're no wiser tonight.
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 34,338
    My leader did better than yours. No he didn't. Yes he did...

Pantomime season started early this year I see.
  • kle4 said:

This is just silly - they both got laughed at (at least twice for each). It's fair to conclude Corbyn was the better, but you cannot criticise one for being laughed at when both were. At best you can say he got laughed at less.
    The laughing almost certainly came from plants - from both sides.

Johnson will need to be careful though about overworking 'Get Brexit Done'. It is sounding dangerously like Strong And Stable.
  • So Corbyn massively winning on in touch - but people still think Johnson is more PM material, despite being less trustworthy than Corbyn

Perhaps “because”, not “despite”?
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 51,574

kle4 said:

Been out all evening. What's the verdict from the debate - no score draw?

Snap polls say dead heat, therefore yes, though personally I'd edge it to Corbyn as a reasonable performance with no disaster helps him more.
    Surely Corbyn would have been hoping for disasters [on Boris's side]. May 2017 had disaster after disaster, at least 3 major memorable disasters which is what helped get him close.

If these set pieces get ticked off without changing anybodies opinion I think Team Boris will be quietly quite satisfied with that.
    At least there was no negative attaching to Boris for bottling it and not attending. Winning it would no doubt have been a bonus for Team Boris.
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 42,459

So Corbyn massively winning on in touch - but people still think Johnson is more PM material, despite being less trustworthy than Corbyn

Absolutely bonkers.
  • dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,299
    Has Corbyn looked at health care systems in Europe? When did he last have treatment in the USA. The NHS isn't for sale mantra is getting rather tiresome.
  • geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,507
    RobD said:

Tomorrow should see crossover on your graphic, no?
  • IanB2 said:

Any sensible person would be looking around for someone else to vote for.
    As some of us suspected would be the case, it was Jo Swinson wot won it!
  • KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,917
    Labour leaders always trump on 'in touch', often means little.
    geoffw said:

RobD said:

You never know, it could all go tits up for the blues in the next two days.
    nico67 said:

A mixed bag there but Labour will be delighted with the 59 v 25 result at the end . That’s key for them .
    Those kind of polls are nonsense as far as I'm concerned. Labour always do better on the in touch question, and frankly I don't see why Boris has such a lead in looking Prime Ministerial on the basis of that debate, so it seems like the prebaked opinions for the most part.
  • geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,507
    RobD said:

geoffw said:

RobD said:

You never know, it could all go tits up for the blues in the next two days.
    Hmm hedging I see.
  • timmotimmo Posts: 1,469
    I thought the phrase "get brexit done" started to sound like "strong and stable" at the end.
    The Tories better hope there are no humdingers in the manifesto or we could be heading for 2017 Redux
  • GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 21,149
    Why is Swinson dumped into a format with two people who are not actually standing for Parliament and one utter no-hoper?

ITV have connived in the Tory attempt to frame the election as Boris vs Corbyn.

kle4 said:

Snap polls say dead heat, therefore yes, though personally I'd edge it to Corbyn as a reasonable performance with no disaster helps him more.
    Surely Corbyn would have been hoping for disasters [on Boris's side]. May 2017 had disaster after disaster, at least 3 major memorable disasters which is what helped get him close.

If these set pieces get ticked off without changing anybodies opinion I think Team Boris will be quietly quite satisfied with that.
    Yep.

Next step is the manifesto I think.

Is there a stinking dementia-type bomb in the Tory proposals?
    Given the competence level of our political parties it cannot be ruled out, but it seems unlikely.

All the Tories have to do is present a collection of cuddly spending pledges, with some vaguely plausible method of funding them that involves soaking anyone other than the elderly, and they'll be fine.
  • Time_to_LeaveTime_to_Leave Posts: 2,547
    edited November 2019
    BBC 10pm news from a parallel universe where Boris wiped the floor with Corbyn.
    timmo said:

I thought the phrase "get brexit done" started to sound like "strong and stable" at the end.
    The Tories better hope there are no humdingers in the manifesto or we could be heading for 2017 Redux

There will be. Even the Dementia Tax was not the Dementia Tax that legend now makes it.

Why is Swinson dumped into a format with two people who are not actually standing for Parliament and one utter no-hoper?

The public were already doing that, given the polling.
  • As far as I can remember the audience laughed with Corbyn on more than one occasion and only laughed at him once. However Johnson was seen as a figure of fun and was laughed at several times.He seemed to have one cheerleader who clapped loudly and who had a distinctive booming laugh.

I am just as surprised as many on here about how good Corbyn was in that format,confident and sincere.
  • Why is Swinson dumped into a format with two people who are not actually standing for Parliament and one utter no-hoper?

I would suspect that rather more suits labours position.

• AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    How did people do with Buzzword bingo?
    YouGov Brexit part of the debate figures show why hes shoehorning it into every answer. Hes slaughtering labour on it.
  • OmniumOmnium Posts: 10,468
    TOPPING said:

Omnium said:

TOPPING said:

Omnium said:

TOPPING said:

Barnesian said:

Flashy4 said:

Boil it down - Jezza couldn’t answer on Brexit - the end.

TOPPING said:

Barnesian said:

TOPPING said:

Clear Corbyn win by the end in my view, but let's see what the snap poll says.

Is he in favour of leaving or remaining in the EU, Nick? He is leader of one of our two main political parties. What is his view? Let's let him lead us all.
    Why does he have to answer that question? He is neutral. Leave it to the people to decide and he'll implement it. I think that's fair enough. I certainly don't think it is a killer question though Johnson obviously thinks it is.
    It is a killer question because he is the leader of the Labour Party and it is the most important issue facing our country.

Or why not a referendum on privatisation in the NHS?
    I suspect he will agree a free vote for Labour MPs and keep above the fray himself. That's exactly what Wilson did in 1975.

"In a 1975 pamphlet Prime Minister Harold Wilson said: "I ask you to use your vote. For it is your vote that will now decide. The Government will accept your verdict."[3] The pamphlet also said: "Now the time has come for you to decide. The Government will accept your decision — whichever way it goes.""

So why not a referendum on privatisation in the NHS?
    I think the clue's in the word 'referendum' !

What would the question be? What immediate change could result?

Should we rule out any private involvement in the NHS.
    What does that actually mean in practice though?
    I don't think you can draw a line on anything like such a wide-ranging issue.
    What indeed, although it seems perilously close to the Labour Party position and was ruled out (private sector involvement) by Jezza tonight.

It is a hugely contentious and important issue and Jezza has a strong view on it. But on that other hugely contentious and important issue (Br*x*t), it is ok for Jezza to have no view whatsoever.

Was my point.
    I see.
  • Why is Swinson dumped into a format with two people who are not actually standing for Parliament and one utter no-hoper?

Do you think someone else will be PM or lead a party that has more MPs than Tories or Labour? If not, what is the election about?
  • My leader did better than yours. No he didn't. Yes he did...

Spot on Ben
  • Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    What will SuperJo do if CON don't get a majority but she loses her seat?

Because she's the leader of a fringe protest party in a format with other fringe protest parties. She's where she belongs.
  • Alistair said:

Scored on the “oven ready” free money but bitterly disappointed with Corbyn failing to talk about a “disasterous Tory Brexit”. I won’t easily forgive him for that.
  • brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352

To be fair he did...for the first 10 minutes, after which most normal people would have switched over.
    kle4 said:

timmo said:

There will be. Even the Dementia Tax was not the Dementia Tax that legend now makes it.

I haven’t been following the polls over the last week. Swinson, though, has a (very) outside chance of being PM, but a decent chance of holding the balance of power in the next Parliament.

Neither Farage nor Swinson are standing for Parliament, and the Green lady is an irrelevance.
  • Ave_it said:

What will SuperJo do if CON don't get a majority but she loses her seat?

Sign on?

As far as I can remember the audience laughed with Corbyn on more than one occasion and only laughed at him once. However Johnson was seen as a figure of fun and was laughed at several times.He seemed to have one cheerleader who clapped loudly and who had a distinctive booming laugh.

I am just as surprised as many on here about how good Corbyn was in that format,confident and sincere.

Is it nice and snug, up there in Corbyn's lower colon?
  • AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    So, sounds like I missed a grand total of nothing by not watching the debate?
  • ozymandiasozymandias Posts: 1,503
    edited November 2019

As far as I can remember the audience laughed with Corbyn on more than one occasion and only laughed at him once. However Johnson was seen as a figure of fun and was laughed at several times.He seemed to have one cheerleader who clapped loudly and who had a distinctive booming laugh.

Is it nice and snug, up there in Corbyn's lower colon?
    Mystical rose with an equestrian battery.

Brexit and the 4 day week were both moments when corbyn was mocked by the audience. Boris was laughed at on trust
    They were both poor, mainly due to format.
    Your opinion of Corbyns performance is not born out by the polling
  • My leader did better than yours. No he didn't. Yes he did...

"He's behind you!"

Because she's the leader of a fringe protest party in a format with other fringe protest parties. She's where she belongs.
    Comments like this just make you look like a partisan twat.
  • welshowl said:

So my verdict on the evening.

The Tories think Johnson walked all over Corbyn.
    Labour think Corbyn is the clear winner.
    Roger apparently has friends.

I am pretty sure none of these things are realistic.

I watched MasterChef instead and thought the judges got it just right.

Blimey did someone actually cook a piece of lamb properly rather than leaving it bloody raw like they usually do? ( I’m watching a recording now having turned over from Wales)
    They did and the judge told them they had overcooked it :)
  • AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Alistair said:

Scored on the “oven ready” free money but bitterly disappointed with Corbyn failing to talk about a “disasterous Tory Brexit”. I won’t easily forgive him for that.
    Also badly stung by that. Thought it was a banker.

"He's behind you!"
    You think I'm falling for that?!
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 53,249

Well in Boris’s case he’s certainly behind you! And he’ll hopefully stay there.
    humbugger said:

Do you think someone else will be PM or lead a party that has more MPs than Tories or Labour? If not, what is the election about?
    Quite.

If we had PR rather than FPTP then, as we see from numerous examples on the Continent, things could be quite different. A Government consisting of the second and third largest party, with the leader of the third installed as Prime Minister because the leader of the second was regarded as too divisive, would not be out of the question.

But we do have FPTP and a stubborn duopoly that won't shift, so things aren't different.

The broadcaster is just accepting reality.
    humbugger said:

Jo (and I am not a particular fan) could hold the balance of power, as could Blackford.

Don’t you think the public have the right to hear their side of story?
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 21,845
    Star of the debate was the feckwit who laughed at the idea of poor people having their homes destroyed by rising sea levels.
  • squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,559

To be fair he did...for the first 10 minutes, after which most normal people would have switched over.
    Most normal people did not watch....
  • kle4 said:

timmo said:

I haven’t been following the polls over the last week. Swinson, though, has a (very) outside chance of being PM, but a decent chance of holding the balance of power in the next Parliament.

Neither Farage nor Swinson are standing for Parliament, and the Green lady is an irrelevance.
    Perhaps you should have stopped after "I have not been following the polls over the last week".
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    I've been busy - still in the office but curious about the debate.

My old friend James Cleverly has just emailed to tell me that Boris trounced Corbyn, but thought I'd seek other views before taking his word for it...

humbugger said:

Quite.

If we had PR rather than FPTP then, as we see from numerous examples on the Continent, things could be quite different. A Government consisting of the second and third largest party, with the leader of the third installed as Prime Minister because the leader of the second was regarded as too divisive, would not be out of the question.

But we do have FPTP and a stubborn duopoly that won't shift, so things aren't different.

The broadcaster is just accepting reality.
    Manufacturing consent, more like.
    DavidL said:

Were we not witnessing the two ugly sisters?
  • Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 61,830
    edited November 2019
    I was underwhelmed by all that and as I have to leave at 5.00am to take my daughter and son in law to Manchester Airport to catch their flight to Stockholm to celebrate his 60th birthday, I am going to bid everyone a pleasant nights rest

Only just 3 weeks more of this craziness

Good night
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 56,139
    So, did I miss anything?
  • OmniumOmnium Posts: 10,468
    BBC have this on Swinson
    "Pushed by Nina Hossain on how to get the 17.4 million who voted Leave on board, she says: "We have got a lot of great ideas we are putting forward at this election," including making childcare more affordable."

I presume that's not really what she said?

Charles said:

My old friend James Cleverly has just emailed to tell me that Boris trounced Corbyn, but thought I'd seek other views before taking his word for it...

You mean you didn't find out the result of the debate before it happened? Your sources are failing you, Charles. :)
  • Alistair said:

Alistair said:

Also badly stung by that. Thought it was a banker.
    Corbyn single handedly took my hourly earnings down to £8. Below minimum wage! And I had to watch that crap on the tv.

The Tories can have that for free for their campaign posters.
    humbugger said:

kle4 said:

timmo said:

Perhaps you should have stopped after "I have not been following the polls over the last week".
    Our news is too poll driven.
    It’s bollocks. It would be good to hear some policy debate. As I write Swinson is being asked who she’d want to see “in the jungle”.
    Interesting YouGov have another question worded differently which has them both been seen as performing well but Corbyn beats Bozo.

Corbyn well 67 badly 32

Bozo well 59 badly 42

So how that then changes with the overall performance to 51 v 49 for Bozo seems strange , seems to me some voters were biased and wanted to give the win to him regardless.
  • SunnyJimSunnyJim Posts: 1,106
    Just back in after being out all evening so i've missed the debates.

First thing I did was check the movement on Betfair and the prices have hardly moved so knowing nothing else my impression it was a draw.

I'll now read the thread on here and then have a look at twitter to see the verdict of the masses.
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 21,352
    Been out glad to have missed it. No idea who won. A delightful position to be in.
  • QuincelQuincel Posts: 4,042
    nico67 said:

Interesting YouGov have another question worded differently which has them both been seen as performing well but Corbyn beats Bozo.

Corbyn well 67 badly 32

Bozo well 59 badly 42

So how that then changes with the overall performance to 51 v 49 for Bozo seems strange , seems to me some voters were biased and wanted to give the win to him regardless.

I don't understand how those questions can both be true either. I guess maybe some people were saying Corbyn did well compared to expectations but didn't win? Seems a stretch.
    nico67 said:

Corbyn well 67 badly 32

Bozo well 59 badly 42

"Bless him, didn't he do well" in the patronising sense.
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 53,249

DavidL said:

Possibly but the role of Cinderella has yet to be cast.
    That's the longer term takeaway. Corbyn lied. Repolling on trust if that gets traction will be interesting
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 22,571

Spot on Ben
    I have seen it now.

Pretty even imo.

If it's a BREXIT election Johnson majority nailed on.

If it's not could well be a hung Parliament.

In my heart of hearts I think it will be a Tory maj of between 10 and 25 unless there is a black swan event.
  • Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    rcs1000 said:

So, did I miss anything?

Wales qualified for Euro 2020

#3games
  • rcs1000 said:

So, did I miss anything?

Yep. Someone did an epic seared Muntjac deer loin on MasterChef: The Professionals. It looked yummy.
  • brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    rcs1000 said:

So, did I miss anything?

Wales qualify.
    Told you. This is what will run and run from the debate.
  • NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,460

YouGov Brexit part of the debate figures show why hes shoehorning it into every answer. Hes slaughtering labour on it.

Trying to be objective, the detailed YG questions are also a score draw. Johnson wins easily on Brexit and on being Prime Ministerial, more narrowly but still clearly on the economy and likeability. Corbyn wins easily on the NHS and overwhelmingly on being in touch with ordinary people, more narrowly on trust and other issues.

My sense FWIW is that people who think the election is primarily about Brexit are leaning heavily to the Tories and people who don't think that's the key issue are leaning away from them. Can they keep it on Brexit for the next 4 weeks?
  • alb1onalb1on Posts: 698
    humbugger said:

A point that could also have been made in 2010, and look who held the balance after that election.
    Quincel said:

nico67 said:

Corbyn well 67 badly 32

Bozo well 59 badly 42

I don't understand how those questions can both be true either. I guess maybe some people were saying Corbyn did well compared to expectations but didn't win? Seems a stretch.
    It seems bizarre , will be interesting to see if we get more info re party support of those polled .
  • alb1onalb1on Posts: 698

humbugger said:

kle4 said:

timmo said:

Our news is too poll driven.
    It’s bollocks. It would be good to hear some policy debate. As I write Swinson is being asked who she’d want to see “in the jungle”.
    To which the only possible answer is "Boris, as long as that parasite which enters via the penis is around to greet him".
  • AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    Sounds like the Iran situation is getting properly nasty now.
    alb1on said:

humbugger said:

A point that could also have been made in 2010, and look who held the balance after that election.
    Taking Humbug’s argument to the extremes, we could have just had Boris debating himself - wanking on about lacunae.

What did they say/show?
    edited November 2019

rcs1000 said:

So, did I miss anything?

Yep. Someone did an epic seared Muntjac deer loin on MasterChef: The Professionals. It looked yummy.
    I'll have to look that up.

Muntjacs are undoubtedly vegan, and it's good to have some options for those with dietary needs. :smile:
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    RobD said:

Charles said:

You mean you didn't find out the result of the debate before it happened? Your sources are failing you, Charles. :)
    Oh, I knew the result, of course. I'm interested in perceptions of the result :smiley:

Comments like this just make you look like a partisan twat.
    Its an honest answer that ITV seem to agree with.
    Oh. Sturgeon just got a tough question, and she fudged it.

Trying to be objective, the detailed YG questions are also a score draw. Johnson wins easily on Brexit and on being Prime Ministerial, more narrowly but still clearly on the economy and likeability. Corbyn wins easily on the NHS and overwhelmingly on being in touch with ordinary people, more narrowly on trust and other issues.

My sense FWIW is that people who think the election is primarily about Brexit are leaning heavily to the Tories and people who don't think that's the key issue are leaning away from them. Can they keep it on Brexit for the next 4 weeks?
    That will be the game plan anyway
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 22,571
    rcs1000 said:

So, did I miss anything?

Not reaĺly
  • Meanwhile in America...

Even if they can’t vote, teens are roasting Pete Buttigieg on TikTok

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/614737/even-if-they-cant-vote-teens-are-roasting-pete-buttigieg-on-tiktok/
  • YouGov Brexit part of the debate figures show why hes shoehorning it into every answer. Hes slaughtering labour on it.

It is only 3 weeks Nick
  • humbugger said:

Jo (and I am not a particular fan) could hold the balance of power, as could Blackford.

Don’t you think the public have the right to hear their side of story?
    They heard from the 2 Prime Ministerial candidates earlier.

They're hearing from the fringe parties now and Jo spoke first despite the fact the SNP has more MPs than the LDs.

Oh. Sturgeon just got a tough question, and she fudged it.

For the benefit of those not watching, what was it?
    edited November 2019
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Possibly but the role of Cinderella has yet to be cast.
    Swinson is surely Cinderella although this panto is unlikely to have the usual ending.

Farage as Prince Charming, or more likely the Frog (or is that a different fairytale?)
    edited November 2019
    SunnyJim said:

Just back in after being out all evening so i've missed the debates.

First thing I did was check the movement on Betfair and the prices have hardly moved so knowing nothing else my impression it was a draw.

I'll now read the thread on here and then have a look at twitter to see the verdict of the masses.

Twitter has a disproportionate concentration of lefties, so you're unlikely to find any enlightenment there (non-surprise of the decade.)
    nico67 said:

Corbyn well 67 badly 32

Bozo well 59 badly 42

Corbyn most likely outperformed very low expectations, which can only be good from his point of view. Assuming that there were more than half-a-dozen viewers (once one disregards all the politics obsessives,) of course.
    This should be important but it isn't. Very few people who aren't personally affected by the fate of minorities actually care about them, I'm afraid.
    rcs1000 said:

So, did I miss anything?

Wales beat Hungary 2-0.
  • isamisam Posts: 41,118
    edited November 2019
    kle4 said:

DavidL said:
    So Corbyn did better relative to the pre-debate expectations
    Depends whose expectations you mean. A great many people, here and elsewhere, said he would do fine, or even well, despite his terrible personal ratings. The expectations were not as low as they might have appeared.
    He was favourite to win it

THIS IS A BETTING WEBSITE 🙈
This discussion has been closed.