Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Darroch shows he’s a true diplomat and resigns

Comments

• Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,880

I have to feel sorry for Darroch: he has been let down by his own side.

I've repeatedly said that I can't vote for a Conservative Party led by Boris, and have given a number of reasons. His handling of this situation is just another brick in a mighty wall of evidence.

I won't be alone.

(Cue so-called 'Conservatives' saying: "We don't need your vote!")

It wont come from this one
    Yes, you are a gentleman and generally a sensible fellow. ;)
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,247

I have to feel sorry for Darroch: he has been let down by his own side.

I've repeatedly said that I can't vote for a Conservative Party led by Boris, and have given a number of reasons. His handling of this situation is just another brick in a mighty wall of evidence.

I won't be alone.

(Cue so-called 'Conservatives' saying: "We don't need your vote!")

It wont come from this one
    Yes, you are a gentleman and generally a sensible fellow. ;)
    Thank you - I do try to be
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    If there was ever any doubt just how shit BoZo will be as PM, I agree with Nicola...

https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/status/1148911438301421569
  • Options
    sarissasarissa Posts: 1,767

Darroch is a man of honour and integrity.

Boris Johnson is neither of those things.

Craig Murray would dispute your first statement:
    https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2019/07/kim-darroch-the-simple-explanation/
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,937
    edited July 2019
    Charles said:

HYUFD said:

Charles said:

HYUFD said:

Charles said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

It's probably fair to say that Sir Kim's position had become untenable even without Boris and others failing to give him the support he deserves and should have expected. However, I'm sure it's also the case that the timing - which makes it look as though a couple of tweets from Trump are enough to cause the UK to jump to attention and do whatever he says - is the fault of Boris Johnson.

This affair, the brain-dead commitment to October 31st, and the quite extraordinary refusal to rule out treating parliament in the manner of Charles 1st, should be enough to dash any lingering hopes that Boris might not be quite as unsuitable to be PM as he seemed. Looks like he'll be even worse than one would have feared.

Well as you will be voting LD if Boris wins anyway will he really be that bothered if you think his premiership is awful?

Richard is a patriot. You support a football team.

Richard is now a LD whose main priority is refusing to implement the Brexit vote the majority voted for.

Stop this BS @HYUFD

A prospective candidate should not be spending their time trying to chase voters away from the party
    Richard Navabi has already said he will vote LD if Boris does No Deal as a last resort to.implement Brexit, I did not open the way to leaving the party, he did
    But you are trying to slam the door behind him

The essence of the Tory Party is that it embraces three tribes. That’s why it has been successful in the past. Every 80 years or so the zealots (usually the Ditchers) try to take over and there is a lengthy period in opposition

Don’t be part of that mistake
    From 1965 to 1975 Heathites lost 3 out of 4 general elections, it took Thatcher to win the next 3 on the trot.

Given the majority of the country's voters and the vast majority of Tories voted Leave it is failing to respect that decision and implement it Deal or No Deal that will really cost the Tories
    So they were in power for 40% of that time?

And from 1951-1964. Shall we agree that 17/24 years is not that bad a result?

Thatcher was a Radical, not an Ultra. The support of the likes of Whitelaw and Hailsham was a key part of her coalition.
    Salisbury was an ultra and won more elections than Heath, even Stanley won most seats in 1847 and 1852.

The 2 worst defeats for the Tories since the 1832 Great Reform Act came in 1906 under Balfour and 1997 under Major came under non ultra leaders
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,011
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

The problem with Whitehall is 95% are Remainers who see Brexit as a damage limitation exercise at best, as did May.

What do you think about Michael Gove's, and now Liam Fox's, less 'optimistic' views about Brexit?
    Both opposed Boris, neither will play a big part in his Government.

However they still backed Brexit and still do
    Gove doesn't back a No Deal Brexit.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,336
    HYUFD said:

The problem with Whitehall is 95% are Remainers who see Brexit as a damage limitation exercise at best, as did May.

A rather more sensible attitude than those who think there are no limits to the damage which must be accepted in order to implement their own particular view of it.

• Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    HYUFD said:

Charles said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Charles said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

It's probably fair to say that Sir Kim's position had become untenable even without Boris and others failing to give him the support he deserves and should have expected. However, I'm sure it's also the case that the timing - which makes it look

This affair, the brain-dead commitment to October 31st, and the quite extraordinary refusal to rule out treating parliament in the manner of Charles 1st, should be enough to dash any lingering hopes that Boris might not be quite as unsuitable to be PM as he seemed. Looks like he'll be even worse than one would have feared.

Well as you will be voting LD if Boris wins anyway will he really be that bothered if you think his premiership is awful?

Richard is now a LD whose main priority is refusing to implement the Brexit vote the majority voted for.

Stop this BS @HYUFD

A prospective candidate should not be spending their time trying to chase voters away from the party
    Richard Navabi has already said he will vote LD if Boris does No Deal as a last resort to.implement Brexit, I did not open the way to leaving the party, he did
    Give it a rest
    It appears from the outside that the Tory party has ceased to be a One Nation Party. If the One Nation wing would support PR, a separate party in the long run would give them more influence than they currently have, given where the votes go in countries which have PR.

Some political figures, however, have always worked for whoever pays them the most and gives them the most power, so their opinions are entirely flexible: 'Good morning, how nice to see you. What views would you like today?' We seem to see that on PB.
    What is a 'One Nation' Tory anyway? The term was originally coined by Disraeli who supported the Corn Laws and tariffs and strongly supported the British Empire with some paternalistic domestic policies. It is not just another term for diehard Remainers
    This might help

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sybil_(novel)

It’s essentially Disraeli’s move to reposition his party from the Ultras to the Whiggish tradition of paternalism and philanthropy
    Boris' domestic message is not dissimilar to Disraeli's, he is just not an EUphile
    I am criticising you not Boris
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

What do you think about Michael Gove's, and now Liam Fox's, less 'optimistic' views about Brexit?

Over revoke he does
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    IanB2 said:

marke09 said:

BBC Two having a hustings debate between Lib Dem candidates on Friday July 19 - bit late is it not

A tad. Although as of today 2/3rds of members haven't voted
    My wife won’t vote, although I would have to exercise the right for her unfortunately, because her ballot has gone to a defunct email address who’s recovery email addresses are also defunct.
  • Options
    PhilPhil Posts: 1,928
    Scott_P said:
    Given that Darroch was due to leave in a few months anyway, it seems entirely reasonable to see this leak as not just an attack on him, but a deliberate shot across of the bows of the entire civil service by the Brexiteers: “do not f*ck with us, or we will throw you under the bus faster than you can blink” is the message & I imagine it’s being heard loud and clear.

Whether that will mean that the Brexiteers actually get what they want is another question entirely of course.
  • Options
    Charles said:

HYUFD said:

Charles said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Charles said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

It's probably fair to say that Sir Kim's position had become untenable even without Boris and others failing to give him the support he deserves and should have expected. However, I'm sure it's also the case that the timing - which makes it look

Stop this BS @HYUFD

Give it a rest
    It appears from the outside that the Tory party has ceased to be a One Nation Party. If the One Nation wing would support PR, a separate party in the long run would give them more influence than they currently have, given where the votes go in countries which have PR.

Some political figures, however, have always worked for whoever pays them the most and gives them the most power, so their opinions are entirely flexible: 'Good morning, how nice to see you. What views would you like today?' We seem to see that on PB.
    What is a 'One Nation' Tory anyway? The term was originally coined by Disraeli who supported the Corn Laws and tariffs and strongly supported the British Empire with some paternalistic domestic policies. It is not just another term for diehard Remainers
    This might help

It’s essentially Disraeli’s move to reposition his party from the Ultras to the Whiggish tradition of paternalism and philanthropy
    Boris' domestic message is not dissimilar to Disraeli's, he is just not an EUphile
    I am criticising you not Boris
    What's new?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961
    Charles said:
    Plus he’s finally finished his memoirs :p
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,215
    HYUFD said:

Scott_P said:

At least Boris actually believes in it and is optimistic about Brexit
    Maybe Brexit really is "a damage limitation exercise at best"?
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    HYUFD said:

Charles said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Charles said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

It's probably fair to say that Sir Kim's position had become untenable even without Boris and others failing to give him the support he deserves

Stop this BS @HYUFD

Give it a rest

This might help

I’m criticising you not Boris
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    New Zealand have bowled 11 wides today. Could prove to be crucial.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,821
    sarissa said:

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2019/07/kim-darroch-the-simple-explanation/
    PB tip dont quote Craig Muuray!
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,822
    Afternoon all :)

Rare I agree with Boris Johnson but his remarks from what looked like a boozer somewhere in London were quite valid.

I suspect every ambassador from every country routinely sends back to their home Government the kind of communications Kim Darroch sent. It is an integral part of their job and a form of covert intelligence gathering that is a part of what diplomacy is and what diplomats do.

Getting a sense of how each Government operates outside the protocols of inter-Governmental business is of huge value to any Government in its international relations. I suspect it is something at which the FCO has been very good in times past.

I also agree with Boris whomsoever leaked the communications needs to be found and properly prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
  • Options

TGOHF said:

dixiedean said:

Boris does not seem to be spreading a light-hearted optimism around a substantial section of the Tory Party.

Boris is going to be on a 100 day trial appointment until 1st November.

If we aren't out of the EU then he will be on the way out.

There's a year between challenges, is there also a year between initial election and the first challenge or can 15% of MPs have a run at him straight away?
    No and yes
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,932
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Over revoke he does
    Have you spoken to him personally. He is petrified of the impact it will have on farming...
  • Options
    Is the pendulum swinging back towards India ?
  • Options
    sarissa said:

That’s probably good news for TSE, if anything.
  • Options
    notme2notme2 Posts: 1,006

RobD said:

AndyJS said:

The idea being propagated by Remainers especially that Trump or an ally of Trump was behind the leak is utterly absurd. The leak was extremely embarrassing for Trump which is why he was so furious.

Is it a criminal offence to leak information like this?
    It may depend who did it. It seems likely that someone or other has either committed misconduct in public office or has procured misconduct in public office.
    Maximum sentence for that particular offence is life imprisonment, by the way. Doubt it'd be near that level, but it is plainly a serious one and, if it ever comes to sentencing, the defendant would be well advised to pack a toothbrush and a very long book.
    There's an interesting question whether Isabel Oakeshott herself might have committed the procuring offence.
    I'd be hesitant to convict a journalist. It's the leaker that should be made to regret ever waking up that fateful morning that they leaked it.
    That rather depends what the journalist had done.
    There's never been a journalist arrest for the current Official Secrets Act, so it would have to be some kind of other criminal act.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    I suspect the same thing would have played out regardless of Brexit.
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,141
    IanB2 said:

TGOHF said:

dixiedean said:

Boris does not seem to be spreading a light-hearted optimism around a substantial section of the Tory Party.

Boris is going to be on a 100 day trial appointment until 1st November.

If we aren't out of the EU then he will be on the way out.

There's a year between challenges, is there also a year between initial election and the first challenge or can 15% of MPs have a run at him straight away?
    No and yes
    Thanks
  • Options
    nichomar said:

IanB2 said:

marke09 said:

BBC Two having a hustings debate between Lib Dem candidates on Friday July 19 - bit late is it not

A tad. Although as of today 2/3rds of members haven't voted
    My wife won’t vote, although I would have to exercise the right for her unfortunately, because her ballot has gone to a defunct email address who’s recovery email addresses are also defunct.
    I think an email ballot has many weaknesses, including that one. Emails are easier to ignore or forget about. But it is of course much cheaper.
  • Options
    RobD said:

I suspect not
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

RobD said:

I suspect not
    Trump’s temper is caused by Brexit? Interesting.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,187
    RobD said:

Scott_P said:

RobD said:

I suspect not
    Without Brexit, Trump would have lost. So the theory goes...
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

RobD said:

Scott_P said:

RobD said:

I suspect not
    Without Brexit, Trump would have lost. So the theory goes...
    Being frozen out was the final straw. Which doesn’t depend at all on Brexit.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Without Brexit, the leak might not have happened.

Should the leaker be uncovered, we might find out. Unless it gets quietly buried under PM Johnson.
  • Options
    One of the effects of this leak will be that people (i.e. sources) will be slightly more reluctant to talk to British officials, lest it get released.
  • Options
    anothernickanothernick Posts: 3,578
    Phil said:

Scott_P said:
    Given that Darroch was due to leave in a few months anyway, it seems entirely reasonable to see this leak as not just an attack on him, but a deliberate shot across of the bows of the entire civil service by the Brexiteers: “do not f*ck with us, or we will throw you under the bus faster than you can blink” is the message & I imagine it’s being heard loud and clear.

Whether that will mean that the Brexiteers actually get what they want is another question entirely of course.
    It certainly hasn't helped them so far. On the contrary.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

RobD said:

Should the leaker be uncovered, we might find out. Unless it gets quietly buried under PM Johnson.
    Again, what’s the causal relationship between the two. Brexiteers want to be in Trump’s good books!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
  • Options
    RobD said:

Nigelb said:

RobD said:

Again, what’s the causal relationship between the two. Brexiteers want to be in Trump’s good books!
    And what better way to get into Trump's good books than to replace a sane and rational ambassador with one who is ready brown his nose on Trump?

This is particularly important given that we might well be soon negotiating some important trade deals with the US.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

One of the effects of this leak will be that people (i.e. sources) will be slightly more reluctant to talk to British officials, lest it get released.

It's depressing when you consider that all of the people who worked at Bletchley Park kept everything secret for more than 30 years until the work there during the war was officially made public in the 1970s.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,571
    HYUFD said:

OllyT said:

Scott_P said:
    This is an absolute disgrace.

I hope all Tory members who are merrily voting for Boris can live with themselves.
    His tenure was ending soon anyway and Trunp had already frozen him out.

Whoever leaked should be in jail but realistically the moment this was published he was doomed. He should have fallen on his sword days ago.
    Perhaps we should freeze out the US Ambassador following the comments he has made quite publicly about our Prime Minister and the Mayor of London.

If you can't see that we are just giving in to an overgrown baby and bully to boot then you are entirely missing the point. This is a glimpse of our future after Brexit with Johnson playing Trump's poodle. Any trade deal will be what Trump decides it will be and if we argue he'll throw another tantrum
    What has Woody Johnson said negative about May or Khan? Nothing, he has been a model of diplomacy
    How on earth do you know?

His comments haven’t been leaked.

If he hasn’t had some uncomplimentary things to say about the U.K. government he isn’t doing his job.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,964
    F1: new five year deal for Silverstone:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/48933290
  • Options
    AndyJS said:
    Fun contest, though.
    Could go to the last over.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300

F1: new five year deal for Silverstone:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/48933290

Does that mean they've scrapped the street race in (or within 50 miles of) London?
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,079
    dixiedean said:

Patience, he is not in yet. Once he is, the morale of not just the Conservative Party but the country as a whole (apart from Glasgow and Liverpool) is going to receive a welcome boost. The jokes, the witty metaphors, the aphorisms, sometimes in Latin, will flow from despatch box, lecturn and TV studio alike. A nation will chuckle along, relieved to be free of the miserabilist 'no can't do' politics of recent years. Corbyn will be left for dead and the EU will be essentially laughed into dropping the backstop. This, mark my words, is the future which awaits us.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,200
    A Boris administration would be inept, insecure and incompetent! Sad!
  • Options
    StreeterStreeter Posts: 684
    kinabalu said:

dixiedean said:

Patience, he is not in yet. Once he is, the morale of not just the Conservative Party but the country as a whole (apart from Glasgow and Liverpool) is going to receive a welcome boost. The jokes, the witty metaphors, the aphorisms, sometimes in Latin, will flow from despatch box, lecturn and TV studio alike. A nation will chuckle along, relieved to be free of the miserabilist 'no can't do' politics of recent years. Corbyn will be left for dead and the EU will be essentially laughed into dropping the backstop. This, mark my words, is the future which awaits us.
    Can I have some of what you’re smoking?
  • Options
    Mr. JohnL, not sure.

But there's a limit to the size of the calendar and they're already over-egging things. If they went for a shit identikit city circuit and Silverstone suffered, Liberty would not endear itself to the fans.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

AndyJS said:
    Fun contest, though.
    Certainly is.
  • Options
    What a game of cricket this is
  • Options
    Latest yougov if BJ is PM:

Con 23%
    LibDem 23%
    BXP 21%
    Lab 17%
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    AndyJS said:

New Zealand have bowled 11 wides today. Could prove to be crucial.

Or not...

Great effort by Jadeja though.
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    Streeter said:

kinabalu said:

dixiedean said:

I think (hope) he’s taking the Michael
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,011
    IanB2 said:

Con 23%
    LibDem 23%
    BXP 21%
    Lab 17%

That doesn't look like the landslide HYUFD has promised us.
  • Options
    148grss148grss Posts: 3,679

IanB2 said:

Con 23%
    LibDem 23%
    BXP 21%
    Lab 17%

Is there an adequate reason why Yougov seems to be the outlier in all these polls? I'm looking at @BritainElects and everyone else puts Lab ahead. Is it just by adding the hypothetical "if BJ is PM"?
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,077

IanB2 said:

Con 23%
    LibDem 23%
    BXP 21%
    Lab 17%

You would say that as a diehard remainer.
  • Options
    Streeter said:

:smile:

Sure. But word of warning - it wears off quick and leaves you lower than you were before.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Con 23%
    LibDem 23%
    BXP 21%
    Lab 17%

Poor Labour. :p
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095
    Scott_P said:
    Great fun watching the Remainer Establishment rallying around the loser Darroch. Imagine if they had put this much effort into winning the Referendum.....
  • Options

IanB2 said:

Con 23%
    LibDem 23%
    BXP 21%
    Lab 17%

You would say that as a diehard remainer.
    But only a diehard Johnsonite would deny it.
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    Boris Johnson is not fit to be PM. He is a disgrace.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    Great fun watching the Remainer Establishment rallying around the loser Darroch. Imagine if they had put this much effort into winning the Referendum.....
    Could they have seen off The Bus?
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Nigelb said:

AndyJS said:
    Fun contest, though.
    Certainly is.
    Well it did get to the last over....
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,123
    Dhoni is going to get a lot of grief for this.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,123
    On topic he is of course correct and has done the right thing by his country.
  • Options
    ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819
    This really has the potential to damage Boris further among the public. Being seen as Bush's poodle was hugely damaging to Blair's reputation, and the image is now set that Boris will be Trump's bichon frise. Trump is only getting more unpopular among the public, particularly with his attacks on May (a lot of people see it as OK for us to criticise her but not foreign leaders).

Emily Thronberry's comments are exactly the kind of response needed by Labour, got to tackle Boris hard. A few more scare stories about Boris selling the NHS to Trump and how our food supply will be poisoned by chlorinated chicken, and Boris will be in real trouble in an election even without factoring in the state of Brexit.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

I'm feeling for the lift guy.
  • Options
    Well done Kiwis
  • Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,625

Scott_P said:
    Great sadness watching those who consider themselves more patriotic than the rest of us establishing once and for all that their interests are aligned with foreign powers including malign influences like Putin and Trump and not the UK.
  • Options

Well done Kiwis

Absolutely.
    A surprising result given the way they had played up until now.

Tomorrow's match will be the big one. Though the weather forecast is a bit iffy.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    Great sadness watching those who consider themselves more patriotic than the rest of us establishing once and for all that their interests are aligned with foreign powers including malign influences like Putin and Trump and not the UK.
    And backing the Etonian and US billionaire over the British guy from a council estate
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,899
    DavidL said:

Grief for what ? Dhoni played the match absolubtely correctly there.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,200

Scott_P said:
    Afternoon, Donald :)
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,703
    RobD said:

Nigelb said:

RobD said:

... and Trump wants someone different as ambassador.
  • Options
    Mr. P, that's a broad brush of 'Brexiteer'.

Many of those who voted to Leave think Boris' approach to this has been lamentable.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    Agreed.
    And pretty cheap to call one of our diplomats, shafted by an unprincipled leaker, a loser.
  • Options
    Big shout out to Matt Hancock

The only politicians who has managed to come out of this latest fiasco looking worse than BoZo.

Awesome job
  • Options

This really has the potential to damage Boris further among the public. Being seen as Bush's poodle was hugely damaging to Blair's reputation, and the image is now set that Boris will be Trump's bichon frise. Trump is only getting more unpopular among the public, particularly with his attacks on May (a lot of people see it as OK for us to criticise her but not foreign leaders).

Emily Thronberry's comments are exactly the kind of response needed by Labour, got to tackle Boris hard. A few more scare stories about Boris selling the NHS to Trump and how our food supply will be poisoned by chlorinated chicken, and Boris will be in real trouble in an election even without factoring in the state of Brexit.

Yes this plays well for Labour. They should disparage Trump at every opportunity. The contrast with the inevitable grovelling to him by a Johnson government and by the Brexit Party will be a net vote winner.
  • Options
    TrèsDifficileTrèsDifficile Posts: 1,729
    Didn't Sir (Nigel) Kim have a memo about Trump leaked to the Times in Nov 2016?

• Options
  • Options
    And wasn't the main problem this time that he speculated that Trump might really actually be a Russian stooge?
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,152

Well said.

Tory members voting for this man should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Options
    blueblueblueblue Posts: 875
    RobD said:

IanB2 said:

Con 23%
    LibDem 23%
    BXP 21%
    Lab 17%

I'll take it!

IanB2 said:

Con 23%
    LibDem 23%
    BXP 21%
    Lab 17%

As long as Labour comes last in a field of four, that's a huge win in my book!
  • Options
    rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,905
    https://www.conservativehome.com/thecolumnists/2019/07/daniel-hannan-for-brexit-to-work-power-must-be-stripped-from-the-quangorats-and-returned-to-people-we-elect.html

"The Electoral Commission and the Information Commissioner’s Office have harassed Vote Leave campaigners. Eurosceptic donors even appear to have been targeted by the tax authorities. At the same time, senior civil servants have taken full advantage of Theresa May’s disastrous readiness to be ruled by official advice."

Hannan quite openly stating his aim of tearing apart British institutions in his latest piece.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,152
    blueblue said:

RobD said:

IanB2 said:

Con 23%
    LibDem 23%
    BXP 21%
    Lab 17%

I'll take it!

IanB2 said:

Con 23%
    LibDem 23%
    BXP 21%
    Lab 17%

Is 17 the lowest ever for Labour.
  • Options
    Nigel_ForemainNigel_Foremain Posts: 13,776
    BoZo's disgraceful bum licking of Trump over this affair is yet another piece of evidence that being in favour of Brexit does not make you a patriot. A nationalist, yes, but patriot no.
  • Options
    Today is a good day to watch the episode of The Hollowmen where the need to appoint a Foreign ambassador is discussed
  • Options
    Nigel_ForemainNigel_Foremain Posts: 13,776
    blueblue said:

RobD said:

IanB2 said:

Con 23%
    LibDem 23%
    BXP 21%
    Lab 17%

I'll take it!

IanB2 said:

Con 23%
    LibDem 23%
    BXP 21%
    Lab 17%

HYUFD says things with such confidence that they must be true. All is certain in the limited imagination of the BoZo fanatic.
This discussion has been closed.