Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Desperate times. A new way out of the Brexit impasse

123457»

Comments

• Options
    brendan16brendan16 Posts: 2,315

I'm not going to hold my breath as I have zero confidence in May but at last attempting something different if this is true and not just acting like nothing has changed. Incidentally if true this is exactly what I suggested here.
    Can't blame her - Corbyn isn't going to help her one bit. If Brexit happens May and her successor will want to hold the party together until 2022. They can afford to lose Soubry and Grieve but not the majority of their activists and voters.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,214
    brendan16 said:

I'm not going to hold my breath as I have zero confidence in May but at last attempting something different if this is true and not just acting like nothing has changed. Incidentally if true this is exactly what I suggested here.
    Can't blame her - Corbyn isn't going to help her one bit. If Brexit happens May and her successor will want to hold the party together until 2022. They can afford to lose Soubry and Grieve but not the majority of their activists and voters.
    The only person she has to blame is herself.

If the Tories are happy to lose people like Grieve, an honourable man and one of the more thoughtful and better Attorneys-General of recent years, then they may as well call themselves UKIP and be done with it.

The rest of us can look for a moderate centre-right party worth voting for, one that lives in the real world not in the fantasy world of Tory Brexiteers.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,829
    This is the "Monkey Tennis" stage now, isn't it?

This discussion has been closed.