Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » CNN reveals document on Russian tower deal signed by Trump con

Comments

• Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850
    edited December 2018

RobD said:

HM and HRH have had heavy colds in the past and survived. :o
    It is karma for being an adulterer/fornicator.

The Church takes these things seriously.
    Strictly speaking, Prince Charles should have been dishonourably discharged from the armed forces, for having an affair with the wife of a brother officer.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929

What was Labour's news at 1pm?

Len McCluskley is opposed to another referendum
    Probably more consequential than stupidwomangate.
    He’s said it before.
    Yes but plenty of others seem to be melting like spring snow in the glow of the impending date of 29th March. Fair play to Mcluskey for restating his opposition to another referendum.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

RobD said:

Strictly speaking, Prince Charles should have dishonourably discharged from the armed forces, for having a affair with the wife of a brother officer.
    He’s a bloody parasite.

It is what happened to poor James Hewitt.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,311
    notme2 said:

TOPPING said:

notme2 said:

TOPPING said:

notme2 said:

GIN1138 said:

Whilst all the arguments rage (or whimper?) about what one adult may or may not have said to another adult, I notice the EU have published their No Deal Brexit plans this morning which seem on face value to deal with a lot of the concerns about immediate impacts.

So.

UK flights will be allowed to operate into and out of the EU.
    UK Road Hauliers will be able to drive on EU roads without additional permits until the end of 2019.
    UK financial services regulations - in a limited number of areas - to be recognised as equivalent to the EU's for one or two years.
    Visas will not be required for UK visitors to the EU for less than 90 days stay.
    UK citizens who have lived in the EU for more than 5 years must be granted long term residents status.

Well there's a surprise...
    I thought managed no deal was a myth. This is exactly that...
    It's pretty much on the EU's terms, that said. It just contracts the transition period to nine months.
    But the withdrawal agreement was 24 months and it came with two years of membership fees.
    Yes absolutely it contracts the withdrawal period. As for the £39bn wasn't some/all of that scheduled and contracted rather than ongoing fees for membership?

And then at the end of the nine months, presumably, if we are still in turmoil, it will be extended again, but all of this is in the context of the following:

"In a no deal scenario, all relevant EU legislation on the importation and exportation of goods will apply to goods moving between the EU and the UK."

Do we have any idea of an ERG response to this?
    I think the vast bulk was two years membership fees, then various programmes we still are signed up to and then pension contributions. We were clearly done up like a kipper on this figure, but their insistence on sequencing meant the longer we talked about the bill the less time we had on the WA. Tick Tock was the tweet...
    It seems it was agreed independent of actual date of withdrawal (although subject to ratification of the WA) and represents the financial settlement up until 2020.

From La May herself:

“I do not want our partners to fear that they will need to pay more or receive less over the remainder of the current budget plan as a result of our decision to leave. The UK will honour commitments we have made during the period of our membership.”
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,770
    edited December 2018

Scott_P said:
    If he can lay a wreath for dead terrorists, no one is going to care about on-the-record sexism.
    Why is calling somebody a "stupid woman" sexist?
    Doesn't have to be. But a good rule of thumb is would those not offended be offended if their opponents said it. I think we know the answer in this case given the parties involved. As such they won't have a leg to stand on in defence or over the top outrage respectively.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited December 2018
    Donny43 said:

Alistair said:

Donny43 said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

Donny43 said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Those who use it now on Twitter and elsewhere just look passe and vindictive, and a little dim; those who over-react to it are fools.

Ssssssh, you're not supposed to point it out. PB is the only place I frequent where the word routinely provokes a hilarious overreactions from people. Soon it will have no power anywhere at all.

Somewhat surprised we haven't seen a reclamation movement from the right yet.

#gammonpride

OH SNAP I JUST INVENTED A NEW MOVEMENT.
    You're us put gammon in the Twitternames, or use pictures of it in their avatars.
    Can anyone think of what happened the last time that white men decided to act politically as a cohesive minority group?
    The Grand Tour.
    The second series was rather good. My wife's stepmother is the producer.

In all seriousness, there's now plenty of evidence that white people, especially poorer white women and men, are beginning to cohere as a political bloc, based on their race and background.

This is a game-changing phenomenon in white countries, if it endures and progresses (and I see no reason why it shouldn't). It was entirely predictable, given the way the Left relentlessly bangs on about sexual and racial identity and white guilt, eventually the gammonistas were bound to react, and fight back - and vote - on the basis of their racial identity.

Trump is president because of this phenomenon. He's probably just the beginning. The Left is creating a powerful and very dangerous enemy for itself.

All politics is identity politics. If you think white people haven't been cohering as a political block in the past then you haven't been paying attention.
    Not in the sense of "vote for X because you are a white man".
    "If you want a n****r for a neighbour vote Liberal or Labour" ring any bells?
    A one off, widely condemned at the time, and from the distant past.
    Yes, it happened in the past. That's the point, White Identity Politics is not a recent phenomenon.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Definitely a role model for Jez there - "In 1973, Harold Wilson sacked Faulds as Labour's arts spokesman for accusing Jewish MPs of dual loyalty."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Faulds
  • Options

Bercow's authority being shredded by Tory MPs.

I'm sure that will devastate him.

Or just make labour more desperate to protect him.

• Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,282
    Are these 'outraged' rightwingers really the same people who usually rant about political correctness gone mad?

A miserable end to a miserable parliamentary week. What happened to deciding our country's future?
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,625
    Barnesian said:

justin124 said:

I could not care less whether Corbyn said it or not. Even if he did , half the country is likely to agree with him. Now had he called her a 'silly F..... Cow' - that would have been a different matter!

You may not care but the PR for Corbyn is dreadful and the story has more to come
    How do you know it's dreadful?

I agree with Justin. Having just caught up with this story and watched Mrs May's peculiar panto rant, my instant thought was ""stupid woman". I could actually have been ruder. If it had been a man, I would have thought "stupid prick". Then I saw Corbyn mouth something similar and thought "you're right".

I don't know whether the offence is to describe her as stupid or describe her as a woman. PC storm in a teacup brewed up by Corbyn haters.
    The point is surely that it is at complete odds with his right-on PC image ?

If, in the public sphere, you can only refrain from what you yourself would describe as sexism when dealing with people you approve of, then your criticism of your opponents for similar offences looks like rank hypocrisy.

Equally, in Bercow's case, he has a tendency to assert rules of decorum only when it suits him.

(And for the record, I was not impressed in the slightest by May's rather abject performance.)
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    edited December 2018
    Alistair said:

Donny43 said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

Donny43 said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Those who use it now on Twitter and elsewhere just look passe and vindictive, and a little dim; those who over-react to it are fools.

Ssssssh, you're not supposed to point it out. PB is the only place I frequent where the word routinely provokes a hilarious overreactions from people. Soon it will have no power anywhere at all.

#gammonpride

You're us put gammon in the Twitternames, or use pictures of it in their avatars.
    Can anyone think of what happened the last time that white men decided to act politically as a cohesive minority group?
    The Grand Tour.

In all seriousness, there's now plenty of evidence that white people, especially poorer white women and men, are beginning to cohere as a political bloc, based on their race and background.

This is a game-changing phenomenon in white countries, if it endures and progresses (and I see no reason why it shouldn't). It was entirely predictable, given the way the Left relentlessly bangs on about sexual and racial identity and white guilt, eventually the gammonistas were bound to react, and fight back - and vote - on the basis of their racial identity.

Trump is president because of this phenomenon. He's probably just the beginning. The Left is creating a powerful and very dangerous enemy for itself.

All politics is identity politics. If you think white people haven't been cohering as a political block in the past then you haven't been paying attention.

Across the pond America had a series of acrimonious elections followed by a civil war on the tricky subject of whether black people were human beings or property.
    60% of a human being, according to The Constitution.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-Fifths_Compromise
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Sean_F said:

RobD said:

Strictly speaking, Prince Charles should have dishonourably discharged from the armed forces, for having a affair with the wife of a brother officer.
    He’s a bloody parasite.

James Hewitt was guilty of treason, however, by violating the wife of the heir to the throne. And, at the time he did so, the penalty for treason was death.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

RobD said:

He’s a bloody parasite.

James Hewitt was guilty of treason, however, by violating the wife of the heir to the throne.
    We’ve all been there.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,001
    Floater said:

Are they going to let the Italians flout the rules like France then?

Or can someone please explain why its different for France and Germany?
    The rules are explicitly different for those with debt-to-GDP below 100%. (Which France squeaks under.)
  • Options
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    IanB2 said:

Are these 'outraged' rightwingers really the same people who usually rant about political correctness gone mad?

A miserable end to a miserable parliamentary week. What happened to deciding our country's future?

Top story on the BBC ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/
  • Options

The dog that didn't bark in the afternoon.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125

Len McCluskley is opposed to another referendum
    Did he express any views on revoking Article 50?
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    Donny43 said:

Alistair said:

Donny43 said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

Donny43 said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

#gammonpride

The Grand Tour.

Smethwick 1964 election I believe.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

RobD said:

He’s a bloody parasite.

James Hewitt was guilty of treason, however, by violating the wife of the heir to the throne.
    We’ve all been there.
    I do enjoy your comments about Prince Charles. He'll never live down his ambition to be reincarnated as a tampon.
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    edited December 2018
    Mr T,

"How many Brexiteers voted Leave, just because it would distress liberal metropolitan snobs?"

Be fair, it's a massive temptation and it did sway my vote. Not as good as "I've been listening to this Trump fella, and he does talk some sense."

I'm practicing trying to keep my face straight when I say it, but the referendum vote was easy.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,016

RobD said:

The church says it takes things seriously. As its reaction to numerous sexual abuse scandals within its ranks shows, what it says it does and what it does are two very different things.

(The same applies for virtually every church, sadly. And yes, I know you're going to mention Peter Ball...)
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    Jezza? A lot of fuss about nothing, but as you sow, so shall you reap,
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

RobD said:

He’s a bloody parasite.

We’ve all been there.
    I do enjoy your comments about Prince Charles. He'll never live down his ambition to be reincarnated as a tampon.
    I once worked with the guys involved in recording those calls.....
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Barnesian said:

justin124 said:

I could not care less whether Corbyn said it or not. Even if he did , half the country is likely to agree with him. Now had he called her a 'silly F..... Cow' - that would have been a different matter!

You may not care but the PR for Corbyn is dreadful and the story has more to come

I agree with Justin. Having just caught up with this story and watched Mrs May's peculiar panto rant, my instant thought was ""stupid woman". I could actually have been ruder. If it had been a man, I would have thought "stupid prick". Then I saw Corbyn mouth something similar and thought "you're right".

I don't know whether the offence is to describe her as stupid or describe her as a woman. PC storm in a teacup brewed up by Corbyn haters.
    The point is surely that it is at complete odds with his right-on PC image ?

If, in the public sphere, you can only refrain from what you yourself would describe as sexism when dealing with people you approve of, then your criticism of your opponents for similar offences looks like rank hypocrisy.

Equally, in Bercow's case, he has a tendency to assert rules of decorum only when it suits him.

(And for the record, I was not impressed in the slightest by May's rather abject performance.)
    That would be the strongest point to be made against Corbyn if he uttered the words - the hypocrisy of being so obsessed with Political Correctness. On the other hand, if Andrew Faulds was not reprimanded for his exchange with Thatcher in 1990 , I fail to see how Corbyn can be condemned for muttering from a sedentary position.
  • Options

RobD said:

The church says it takes things seriously. As its reaction to numerous sexual abuse scandals within its ranks shows, what it says it does and what it does are two very different things.

(The same applies for virtually every church, sadly. And yes, I know you're going to mention Peter Ball...)
    If the Church was serious, they would have insisted that Charles and Camilla undertake a walk of shame, like Cersei.
  • Options
    justin124 said:

Donny43 said:

Alistair said:

Donny43 said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

Donny43 said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

#gammonpride

The Grand Tour.

At a time when the Smethwick Labour Club operated a 'no blacks' policy. Which I'm sure was an inclusive, for the many not the few, racist policy.
  • Options
    If we're talking scandals involving people making an idiot of themselves with attempts at sexy talk, the latest Australian one takes some beating:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/dec/18/fifty-shades-of-gday-mp-sexting-scandal-turns-australians-off-beloved-greeting

"One particular screen shot of a series of WhatsApp messages alleged to be the exchange between the woman and Broad sparked a crisis of faith among Australians.

The screen shot shows the question: “Do you like Aussie accents?” to which the reply reads: “I love Aussie accents, I think they’re so sexy.”

The next message says: “I pull you close, run my strong hands down your back, softly kiss your neck and whisper G’day mate.” In other messages, it is alleged Broad said: “I’m a country guy, so I know how to fly a plane, ride a horse, fuck my woman. My intentions are completely dishonourable.” "
  • Options

justin124 said:

Donny43 said:

Alistair said:

Donny43 said:

Alistair said:

SeanT said:

Donny43 said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

#gammonpride

The Grand Tour.

At a time when the Smethwick Labour Club operated a 'no blacks' policy. Which I'm sure was an inclusive, for the many not the few, racist policy.
    Doubtless Peter Griffiths pointed that out at the time!
  • Options
    TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840

Barnesian said:

justin124 said:

I know it is dreadful pr. Just watch the media
    Right wingers smear Corbyn is not only a tired meme but a profitable one for the left TBH, those that haven't figured out that throwing something petty and probably untrue at Corbyn is only likely to reinforce his support need to catch up.

Some already committed Conservatives might feel a little extra buzz but if this kind of nonsense was going to convince swing voters it would have been working for the last 3 years.
  • Options
    Donny43Donny43 Posts: 634
    CD13 said:

Jezza? A lot of fuss about nothing, but as you sow, so shall you reap,

Yes, that's the point. Everyone knows what Corbynites' reaction would have been if, eg, Boris had said it about Thornberry.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    notme2 said:

I think the vast bulk was two years membership fees....

£16.3bn was. The rest our debts.
  • Options

If we're talking scandals involving people making an idiot of themselves with attempts at sexy talk, the latest Australian one takes some beating:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/dec/18/fifty-shades-of-gday-mp-sexting-scandal-turns-australians-off-beloved-greeting

"One particular screen shot of a series of WhatsApp messages alleged to be the exchange between the woman and Broad sparked a crisis of faith among Australians.

The screen shot shows the question: “Do you like Aussie accents?” to which the reply reads: “I love Aussie accents, I think they’re so sexy.”

The next message says: “I pull you close, run my strong hands down your back, softly kiss your neck and whisper G’day mate.” In other messages, it is alleged Broad said: “I’m a country guy, so I know how to fly a plane, ride a horse, fuck my woman. My intentions are completely dishonourable.” "

He's an amateur compared to Anthony Weiner.
  • Options

Barnesian said:

justin124 said:

Right wingers smear Corbyn is not only a tired meme but a profitable one for the left TBH, those that haven't figured out that throwing something petty and probably untrue at Corbyn is only likely to reinforce his support need to catch up.

Some already committed Conservatives might feel a little extra buzz but if this kind of nonsense was going to convince swing voters it would have been working for the last 3 years.
    You don't think there's a cumulative effect where even some of those minded to look favourably towards him eventually come to the conclusion

"what a dick...."?
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

He's an amateur compared to Anthony Weiner.
    Truly a bull is led by the nose and a man is led by the thing that makes him a man.
  • Options
    Will Wollaston, Soubry, Boles be joining Jezza in his VONC after May's deal fails ?
  • Options
    Well thank God for that. Clearly the 2nd Jury had 12 brains.
  • Options
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Can I just thank Corbyn and Bercow for making my wait at the garage such an enjoyable time.

Top effort chaps!!

• Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288
  • Options
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,242
    edited December 2018
    To be honest, I'm amazed it required a retrial. She was toast the moment her constituency agent/chairman (whichever) came forward.

Edit - and if course it effectively deprives the Opposition of an MP which makes the maths even more difficult for Corbyn if he goes for VONC.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/SiDedman/status/1075412056092958721

Might make moving a vote of no confidence more difficult for Corbyn.
  • Options
    TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840

Barnesian said:

justin124 said:

You don't think there's a cumulative effect where even some of those minded to look favourably towards him eventually come to the conclusion

"what a dick...."?
    If the experience of the last election is anything to go by they (left wingers) look at the likes of the Daily Mail, The Sun, The Telegraph their propaganda, racism and xenophobia and think...

What a bunch of dicks.

• Options
    Donny43 said:
    Depends on sentence - but, yeah....
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:
    Preverting ?

Is that like pre-crime ?
  • Options
    Onasanya's professional life both as an MP and a solicitor is over.
  • Options
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

To be honest, I'm amazed it required a retrial. She was toast the moment her constituency agent/chairman (whichever) came forward.
    Now I can officially say I've had more compelling narratives in dreams.
  • Options
    "The Brexit by-election"?
  • Options
    Mr. Pulpstar, and, if so, what happens regarding referendum/revocation?
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,848
    So does the forthcoming Peterborough by-election become a proxy for the entire Brexit debate?

Things haven’t been so exciting since they abolished the Soke.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

dr_spyn said:
    Preverting ?

Is that like pre-crime ?
    In this case, post crime. The original crime was trivial, driving at 41 miles and hour, in a 30 mile zone.

Lying about it, however, is a serious matter.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Onasanya's professional life both as an MP and a solicitor is over.

The latter is the worse punishment. She will be struck off by the SRA.
  • Options

"The Brexit by-election"?

62.7% Leave, apparently.
  • Options

So does the forthcoming Peterborough by-election become a proxy for the entire Brexit debate?

Things haven’t been so exciting since they abolished the Soke.

Peterborough has been unfortunate in its choice of MPs since 1997.
  • Options

The way the whole Tory party are going for Bercow is astonishing.

Not much else unites them. But to quote a popular saying of these times, nothing has changed. Certainly not from someone else saying something.
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    Pulpstar said:
    "It's very clear". Hmmm.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Would split the Con vote and allow Labour to win more like..
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    justin124 said:

'Silly fucking cow' may have been more impolite but it would have been less politically incorrect. 'Stupid woman' suggests she's stupid by dint of her being a woman. 'Stupid fucking cow' is non specific.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

321 now required for a majority.

Government has 317.

Field, Hermon and Mann may choose to support them (although then again they may not).

O'Mara may not remember to turn up, although Hopkins probably will.

It's not quite out of the question that even with DUP support such a motion could now fail.

How embarrassing would that be?
  • Options
    Won Pboro by all of 607 votes last time round. That's going to be a fun one.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Scott_P said:
    If her sentence is less than 12 months she does not have to resign her seat. Clearly that would be suboptimal for Labour whether or not she is an official Labour MP.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Can I shock everyone? As I'm partially deaf, I've become quite a good lip-reader. I've looked at the video and I think Corbyn's telling the truth. The second word looks like 'people' to me - there's an L in it.'

I am no Corbyn supporter, but it looks more like "people" than "woman" to me. The "Wo" of "woman" requires more of a pucker of the lips. The "pe" of "People" draws the side of the mouth out.
    Well he's dodged a bullet there then. Pity whoever got the ball rolling on this if they were wrong, it will just make him stronger!
  • Options
    Am I safe to call Fiona Onasanya a stupid woman?
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079
    Keep waving the lorries full of popcorn through the Port of Dover. There must not be shortages!
  • Options
    notme2notme2 Posts: 1,006
    Scott_P said:
    wasnt the tory she beat remarkable for been even more loathsome and a sometime poster on here?
  • Options
    notme2 said:

wasnt the tory she beat remarkable for been even more loathsome and a sometime poster on here?

:-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peterborough_(UK_Parliament_constituency)#Elections_in_the_2010s

Interesting 2015 figures, UKIP took 15.9%, but seemingly took from both parties.

• Options
    ydoethur said:

dr_spyn said:

321 now required for a majority.

Government has 317.

Field, Hermon and Mann may choose to support them (although then again they may not).

O'Mara may not remember to turn up, although Hopkins probably will.

It's not quite out of the question that even with DUP support such a motion could now fail.

How embarrassing would that be?
    I'm sure I noticed some comments re Paul flyn's health.

As you say it would be embarassing.
  • Options
    notme2 said:

Scott_P said:
    Stewart Jackson is certainly a piece of work.

IMHO, he is why a marginal seat that voted 63% for Brexit went Labour.
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,951
    Andrew said:

But think of the betting opportunities!
  • Options
    notme2 said:

Scott_P said:
    Doesn't she have to resign then? I thought you couldn't be an MP if convicted, or is there some rule about if it involves a prison sentence or some such?
  • Options
    Andrew said:

notme2 said:

:-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peterborough_(UK_Parliament_constituency)#Elections_in_the_2010s

Interesting 2015 figures, UKIP took 15.9%, but seemingly took from both parties.

Prediction - UKIP wont get that much this time..
  • Options
    Meanwhile the Speaker has decided it's "yanny" rather than "laurel":

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1075414657597407234
  • Options
    Andrew said:

Peterborough (borough) voted 60% Leave in 2016.

I can foresee a few draft GE plans being tested in any by-election there.
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, you can't assume xir gender!
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1075414843094720514 By election timing could be interesting.

though it is possible it never actually takes place.
  • Options

notme2 said:

Scott_P said:
    Doesn't she have to resign then? I thought you couldn't be an MP if convicted, or is there some rule about if it involves a prison sentence or some such?
    12 months or more she has to resign.

Less and its recall ..
  • Options
    glw said:

Scott_P said:
    Very Trump like. Alternative facts for Jezza.
    Seems clear it will work when even some not fans of his on here agree with that view.
  • Options

notme2 said:

Scott_P said:
    You have to resign if you get a sentence of 12 months or longer.
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    The Tories have had a big head start campaigning in Peterborough. Never easy for the government to gain seats but I'd have them as favourites.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789

Stupid person is fine. Woman is unnecessary.
  • Options
    notme2 said:

Scott_P said:
    Yes. Stewart Jackson. I remember one time when he got into an argument with someone, insulted them when he disagreed, replied with 'if you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen' when someone objected to his insult and was then politely reminded that it wasn't his kitchen. He went quiet at that point.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Scott_P said:
    If her sentence is less than 12 months she does not have to resign her seat. Clearly that would be suboptimal for Labour whether or not she is an official Labour MP.
    If she's imprisoned even for ten days she'll be expected to quit. Certainly she won't be able to stand again.

But I think she will get six months and that effectively removes her from Parliament if as seems likely there is an election in the spring. I don't think an MP has been elected while in jail since 1918.
  • Options
    Onasanya can remain an MP if her sentence is under 12 months I believe.

CAN, not should or will.
  • Options

You are safe to call her a criminal, certainly.
  • Options
    Well, it looks like only one Labour MP is getting done for lying today.
This discussion has been closed.