Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » CNN reveals document on Russian tower deal signed by Trump con

Comments

• Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,010
    I'm absolutely amazed that when a bank makes a mistake, it's in their favour, and not those of their customers. Who'd have thunk it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46617577
  • Options
    On topic. I don't think Giuliani would knowingly lie about the document not being signed - so that means that Trump lied to him. Not surprising because the Donald behaves like a young child who always lies to try and avoid getting into trouble. Surely Giuliani will walk at some point because of this? Given Giuliani's seniority, I think that would be a tipping point in Trump's chances of the Republican nomination.
  • Options
    brendan16brendan16 Posts: 2,315
    edited December 2018
    TGOHF said:

More a sad reflection on no 10 than SJ.

The important thing is to have a control dial rather than arguing about what the setting on the dial might be at any one time.
    As we should know by now what Mrs May promises or pledges and what she does are two different things. The target is meaningless and has never come close to being met. Indeed despite being supposedly tough on immigration Mrs May presided on arguably the highest levels of net immigration to our country in its history as Home Secretary - she does a few gimmicks and grabs a few headlines - with often shocking outcomes such as Windrush - but the fundamentals don't actually change.

The main problem with our immigration system and its administration is that it is frankly shambolic.
  • Options
    Donny43Donny43 Posts: 634
    brendan16 said:

brendan16 said:

Pulpstar said:

brendan16 said:

Do we want just about making ends meet in Sheffield migrants - or those who will be significant net contributors or are highly skilled to fill jobs we really need as a society (e.g nurses not baristas).

Nurses err... start on less than 30k.
    Stop bringing facts into a debate about immigration.
    And nurses are skilled people and we are short of nurses - and we really do need nurses so in reality the government will need to move on the £30k cap for some professions. Maybe the issue is of course we don't pay nurses enough compared to many other western nations!

The Canadians, Aussies, Kiwis and others have been doing this all for years so its hardly rocket science. They maintain a list of skilled and shortage occupations - if you meet the criteria then you get the skilled visa. Salary is important but it clearly shouldn't be the only criteria.
    So do we.
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-k-shortage-occupation-list

Which, surprise surprise, includes nurses.
    Of course - but we have a separate policy for people from 30 or so other nations which doesn't differentiate between a brain surgeon and an unemployed man with five kids in terms of access to living in the UK permanently.

If you could apply our skilled migrant policy consistently and equally irrespective of the passport the person holds but on the skills they have you would have a better functioning system.
    Careful, you'll be called racist...
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    The lorry issue quota is even worse.

We are absolutely fucked unless some politicians become statesmen and put the national interest ahead of petty party shit in the next six weeks.

The history books will slaughter this generation of clowns and public school non-entities.
  • Options
    Mr. Borough, be interesting to see what the odds are on various May's deal vote permutations in the Commons.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    edited December 2018

We are absolutely fucked unless some politicians become statesmen and put the national interest ahead of petty party shit in the next six weeks.

Christmas holidays for parliament till the 7th soon :D
  • Options
  • Options

I'm absolutely amazed that when a bank makes a mistake, it's in their favour, and not those of their customers. Who'd have thunk it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46617577

Least accurate event in Monopoly: "Bank error in your favour. Collect $200"
  • Options

Scott_P said:

The history books will slaughter this generation of clowns and public school non-entities.
    The last 24 hours are like a bad dream and you hope you will wake up

All our politicians are a disgrace and need to grow up fast and stop this madness

There are 2 solutions.

Accept TM deal or revoke A50 and quite frankly I do not care which, but just get it done
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Christmas holidays for parliament till the 7th soon xD
    Yeh, just great isn't it? The country faces its biggest national crisis since the WWII, and parliament buggers off for a holiday.

I am incandescent today, at this mess.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,623

On topic. I don't think Giuliani would knowingly lie about the document not being signed - so that means that Trump lied to him. Not surprising because the Donald behaves like a young child who always lies to try and avoid getting into trouble. Surely Giuliani will walk at some point because of this? Given Giuliani's seniority, I think that would be a tipping point in Trump's chances of the Republican nomination.

Giuliani has been spouting all kinds of nonsense recently, so I wouldn't assume he is a model of veracity either.

Like client, like attorney.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Yeh, just great isn't it? The country faces its biggest national crisis since the WWII, and parliament buggers off for a holiday.

You just want to make it stop
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    rcs1000 said:

(1) The Republican Establishment knows that Trump bring voters to the party that others wouldn't. Now, he also repels (apparently) some suburban well off Republicans. But if you look at where Republican House losses came from, a high percentage came from states which Trump lost in 2016 anyway (NJ, NY, CA, IL). On the other hand, the establishment knows any new Republican candidate is unlikely to repeat Trump's wins in places like Michigan and Wisconsin. And they won the Senate seat in FL and did reasonably well in Ohio.

The Republicans didn't do that well in Ohio at the midterms - Sherrod Brown was only a few hundred thousand votes behind where Trump got in 2016 which is almost unprecedented. (And Wisconsin was even worse: the winning Democrat's vote count would have been enough to beat Trump.)
    The Dem performance in the Rust Belt should be giving the Republican's nightmares.

Trump's vote was unbelievably efficient. But the price of efficiency is a percentage point of swing and he loses everything.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,282

Scott_P said:

All our politicians are a disgrace and need to grow up fast and stop this madness

There are 2 solutions.

Accept TM deal or revoke A50 and quite frankly I do not care which, but just get it done
    The worst of it is that when Parliament resumes we are going to have a week of MPs reading out the press releases they intend to send to their local paper, to a nearly empty chamber, with no-one else listening, simply repeating over and over points that have been made in the debate already. And we will have to sit through it all none the wider as to the outcome.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,623
    TGOHF said:

The important thing is to have a control dial rather than arguing about what the setting on the dial might be at any one time.
    The 'tens of thousands' target is about as real as the old Soviet five year plans under Brezhnev.

• Options
    IanB2 said:

Scott_P said:

There are 2 solutions.

The worst of it is that when Parliament resumes we are going to have a week of MPs reading out the press releases they intend to send to their local paper, to a nearly empty chamber, with no-one else listening, simply repeating over and over points that have been made in the debate already. And we will have to sit through it all none the wider as to the outcome.
    A narrow outlook?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Since only EU airlines can fly inter-EU routes, presumably only British airlines can fly domestic UK routes (reciprocation is very important for the EU).

How's that going to work out for you, Mr O'Leary?
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Scott_P said:

There are 2 solutions.

Indeed
  • Options
    RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223
    As of now, the best argument against Brexit is that it would put more power in the hands of our MPs.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900

It's always seemed very hard to see, threading the parliamentary needle etc. And yet ..... the government hasn't looked panicked. I've had a hunch for a while they have something up their collective sleeve.

Quite how you square the NI circle I've no idea though - it's not like there are fresh ideas out there from the legal/academic worlds that just need picked up.
  • Options
    I don't think remain Tory MPs thought through their actions properly when they gave May another 12 months. She has the hide of a rhino and will cling on to power like a superglued barnacle.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    But won't that cut both ways? Or haven't the EU thought of that?
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited December 2018
    I disagree with those indignant at the delay to the 'meaningful vote'. Quite apart from any other considerations, it gives MPs time to educate themselves about the impact on the UK of the EU's contingency plans for No Deal (also known by the oxymoron 'managed no deal').
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Oh, I thought this was all worked out already and it was all just project fear *innocent face*.

Although I suspect a healthy amount of fudge coming. EasyJet, for example, has been hard at work re-registering 100+ jets to its new Austrian based subsidiary. So as long as the UK unilaterally allows EU airlines to fly to the UK then EasyJet flights will still fly.

But given how cut throat the airline industry is I suspect a circular firing squad tit for tat action to be honest.
  • Options
    This is bad of me, but one of the things that really jumped out at me from that front cover is https://order-order.com/2018/02/15/standard-deliveroo-love-in/

What are they playing at? It's bizarre. Imagine The Times regularly giving praise-laden front-page coverage to Pizza Express.
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704

Pulpstar said:

I'm not.
    They can't do any harm when they are not in parliament.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,282
    Pulpstar said:

Anazina said:

I think Sajid Javid is a definite lay now in the race to succeed Mrs May.

What a disastrous interview.

PB Tory Next Leader Bingo

Boris The Johnson (REJECTED)
    Penny Splash (REJECTED)
    Rory the Tory from Balamory (WHO?)
    Magic Saj (REJECTED)
    Jeremy Hunt the Massive ... (PENDING)

Pulpstar's cat will come into the running soon.
    I am laying Pulpstar's cat, as it appears to be the current favourite.....
    Here is one of his earlier campaigns:

https://twitter.com/Pulpstar/status/1075332646652297216
    No to Aggressive Vets?
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190

This is bad of me, but one of the things that really jumped out at me from that front cover is https://order-order.com/2018/02/15/standard-deliveroo-love-in/

What are they playing at? It's bizarre. Imagine The Times regularly giving praise-laden front-page coverage to Pizza Express.
    Thanks for that, it stands out like a sore thumb. Rotten to the core.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,671

I disagree with those indignant at the delay to the 'meaningful vote'. Quite apart from any other considerations, it gives MPs time to educate themselves about the impact on the UK of the EU's contingency plans for No Deal (also known by the oxymoron 'managed no deal').

Since most of them don't appear to have educated themselves on the actual content of May's Deal, I am not sure we can assume they will spend the time off over Christmas wisely.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,067
    If genuine, this is an ERG member saying she would now vote Remain.

https://twitter.com/jim_cornelius/status/1075226313122832387?s=21
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,226
    Morning all. I would like to flag up what is IMO a neglected aspect of this Brexit crisis and that is the feelings of the “Rotten” and “Treasonous” and “Botched” Deal. What is going on in its head as it hears such things? I think I can tell you. The Deal is getting upset and as a consequence is storing up a grievance towards us here in the UK. It wouldn’t be human if it wasn’t. This is dangerous. It is dangerous because when we end up needing it (so that we can leave the EU) it is going to remember the insults and there will be a price to pay. Not immediately, no doubt it will allow itself to be implemented and play nice for a while, but a day of retribution will come. Perhaps something to do with fish. Yes, I fear so. It will be that. Hit us where it hurts the most. Fish. So I suggest that people (and I mean everyone, not just Richard Burgon) start to mind their language when discussing the merits and demerits of the Deal. Not out of some soft-hearted sense of compassion, but as a matter of pragmatism in the national interest.
  • Options

How about a managed WTO deal?
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    Since only EU airlines can fly inter-EU routes, presumably only British airlines can fly domestic UK routes (reciprocation is very important for the EU).

Ryan Air will almost certainly create a UK subsidiary just as Wizz Air (Hungarian airline) have done.
  • Options
    RoyalBlue said:

As of now, the best argument against Brexit is that it would put more power in the hands of our MPs.

But we get to choose the MPs every five years.
  • Options

What an embarrasment of a letter.
  • Options

How about a managed WTO deal?
    Is there such a thing as a WTO Deal?

Do we actually sign a deal with the WTO?
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    Since only EU airlines can fly inter-EU routes,
    US airlines can also fly intra-EU routes.
  • Options
    Donny43Donny43 Posts: 634

The highlighted bit reads as if she's not opposed to a Noel Edmonds referendum.
  • Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256

Scott_P said:

We are taking back control.... and handing it to clowns.
  • Options
    Caulfield looks to me to be utterly clueless in that letter.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

TGOHF said:

The 'tens of thousands' target is about as real as the old Soviet five year plans under Brezhnev.

What's your problem? Net migration is currently at 27 'tens of thousands' - target achieved!
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

I would say that maybe reality is beginning to intrude. Staring into the abyss is not fun.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Scott_P said:
    Really? Which routes? And if that were the case, why would U.K. airlines be stopped doing so?
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Pulpstar said:

fixed that for you
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

I would say that maybe reality is beginning to intrude. Staring into the abyss is not fun.
    Could it be that some Tory MPs are beginning to fathom the electoral destruction that faces them on a chaotic no deal?

Let's hope so.
  • Options

Alistair said:

Scott_P said:
    Really? Which routes? And if that were the case, why would U.K. airlines be stopped doing so?
    Because the EU-USA Open Skies agreement is tilted in favour of the US.

And the reason it is tilted in favour of the US is the US has more clout - EU access to the US destinations is vastly important to many EU carriers so the US can demand more in return.

The UK will not have that leverage when tying to negotiate our own access agreement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EU–US_Open_Skies_Agreement
  • Options
    OortOort Posts: 96
    edited December 2018
    IanB2 said:

Scott_P said:

There are 2 solutions.

Expect the unexpected - in the new session, in the recess, and in what remains of the current session.

You are assuming Theresa May is going to get everything the way she wants.

When is the first opposition day in the new session? The, er, "backstop" would be a Commons VONC in the PM on that day.

I used to have some respect for Anna Soubry until I watched her pour scorn on Jeremy Corbyn, saying he was pants for not tabling a VONC in the government, in which she herself would vote in favour of the government. The interviewer did not ask her the obvious questions "What would that achieve?" and "How would you vote in a VONC in the PM?" Nor did he put it to her that she was calling for a stunt that wouldn't work, that she was trying to have it both ways, and that if she wanted to give advice to the opposition she should join it.
  • Options
    notme2notme2 Posts: 1,006
    Scott_P said:
    Thats what you call a "non tariff barrier". It must be reciprocated.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

RoyalBlue said:

But we get to choose the MPs clowns every five years.
    Fixed it for you :D

Will we have to be educated in how to vote? Obviously, during our time in the EU, we never had elections every 5 years to choose our clowns because we were never sovereign......
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Plus she's in a Remain constituency with a strong LD vote. I reckon she won't fancy her chances in the next GE if we hard Brexit.
  • Options
    Mr. Borough, does it matter, in vote terms?

Vast majority of Labour will oppose the deal. DUP, as it stands, opposes the deal. Many Con MPs oppose it and even if most swing behind May, she still doesn't have the numbers.
  • Options
    Oort said:

IanB2 said:

Scott_P said:

There are 2 solutions.

Expect the unexpected - in the new session, in the recess, and in what remains of the current session.

When is the first opposition day in the new session? The, er, "backstop" would be a Commons VONC in the PM on that day.

I used to have some respect for Anna Soubry until I watched her pour scorn on Jeremy Corbyn, saying he was pants for not tabling a VONC in the government, in which she herself would vote in favour of the government. The interviewer did not ask her the obvious questions "What would that achieve?" and "How would you vote in a VONC in the PM?" Nor did he put it to her that she was calling for a stunt that wouldn't work, that she was trying to have it both ways, and that if she wanted to give advice to the opposition she should join it.
    There is no opposition day debate before the MV in January
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Been there done that.

I remember when PB Leavers assured me that No Deal was Project Fear, that it would never happen.

Bunch of traitorous onanists are Leavers.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Alistair said:

Scott_P said:

And the reason it is tilted in favour of the US is the US has more clout - EU access to the US destinations is vastly important to many EU carriers so the US can demand more in return.

The UK will not have that leverage when tying to negotiate our own access agreement.

Which fifth freedom rights are US Airlines exercising?
  • Options
    notme2 said:

Scott_P said:
    That'll solve it then.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    Been there done that.

I remember when PB Leavers assured me that No Deal was Project Fear, that it would never happen.

Bunch of traitorous onanists are Leavers.
    These idiots will still be saying it is Project Fear as the last rats are being eaten by the starving.
  • Options
    notme2notme2 Posts: 1,006

notme2 said:

Scott_P said:
    That'll solve it then.
    Yup. cant let them get away with it. If you hold up our exports we will hold up your imports.

• Options
    RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223
    Scott_P said:
    What was the point in sharing this? The fact that a nation with a population 20x our own is going to overtake us in total GDP should be cause for very modest celebration. Very modest because the standard of living for hundreds of millions of Indians is still absolutely wretched, and malnutrition is worse than in Sub-Saharan Africa.

It will be good when they reach 90%+ literacy. After all, it’s been a priority since 1947.
  • Options
    RoyalBlue said:

Scott_P said:
    What was the point in sharing this? The fact that a nation with a population 20x our own is going to overtake us in total GDP should be cause for very modest celebration. Very modest because the standard of living for hundreds of millions of Indians is still absolutely wretched, and malnutrition is worse than in Sub-Saharan Africa.

It will be good when they reach 90%+ literacy. After all, it’s been a priority since 1947.
    True, Switzerland doesn't worry about their lack of absolute GDP !
  • Options

Alistair said:

Alistair said:

Scott_P said:

I don't know - and I'm not going to trawl timetable data to find out if any are. The point is that USA airlines can when your contention was that only EU airlines could.
  • Options
    CiceroCicero Posts: 2,223
    notme2 said:

Scott_P said:
    Good Luck with that... the national humiliation is just beginning, and in a way perhaps the kicking that the UK is going to get might actually stir people up to utterly change the system that has allowed this disaster to unfold. If the next election has a "Johnson" and a "Rees Mogg" moment it will be at least some recompense for this catastrophic Tory balls up.
  • Options
    Can someone keep the mic away from Emily Thornberry's cackle?
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Charles said:

Foxy said:

TOPPING said:

matt said:

The two major Anglophone countries are deep in the brown stuff due to incompetent Governments. Yet both came to power as a result of an acknowleged democratic process.

Makes one furiously to think! Why have the processes in each country worked so badly?

Cheer up! The Belgian PM has just resigned, the French Police are about to strike and German economic confidence is at its lowest in over a decade. Everything’s going so well.....
    ....and the UK leaving with No Deal is going to push all of them into recession.

Merry Christmas, Europe.
    Welcome to leaver world, where covering oneself in shit is fine provided that third parties get hit by the odd splatter.
    I'm so sorry that reality has splattered your pristine garments.....

The EU will pick up your dry-cleaning bill. After all, they are the ones flingng the backstop shit.
    No they aren't. They, the RoI and the UK are supporting the backstop.
    Indedd we agreed it a year ago and are now trying to break our word.
    The wording of the text doesn’t match what was agreed in December last year

Also, to be fair, May is not “trying to break her word”. It’s debatable whether Parliament actually needs to ratify the treaty, but if it does (either politically or legally) then all May has committed to is to present the treaty to Parliament for their approval

Since 2010 any treaty has to be ratified by Parliament in a straight yes/no vote.
    Why all the talk about whether the MV is meaningful then,”?
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    Pulpstar said:

RoyalBlue said:

Scott_P said:

True, Switzerland doesn't worry about their lack of absolute GDP !
    Our politicians worry about it because it's one way they can increase the amount of other people's money they have to spend.
  • Options
    Good opener from Jezza.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,993

Scott_P said:

ABTA said yesterday that the airlines issue was sorted.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    edited December 2018
    RoyalBlue said:

What was the point in sharing this? The fact that a nation with a population 20x our own is going to overtake us in total GDP ....

Not to mention that they overtook us years ago in PPP-adjusted GDP, are currently something like 3.5x larger on that score, and growing at 7%ish (ie doubling every decade).
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Charles said:

Foxy said:

TOPPING said:

matt said:

The two major Anglophone countries are deep in the brown stuff due to incompetent Governments. Yet both came to power as a result of an acknowleged democratic process.

Makes one furiously to think! Why have the processes in each country worked so badly?

Cheer up! The Belgian PM has just resigned, the French Police are about to strike and German economic confidence is at its lowest in over a decade. Everything’s going so well.....
    ....and the UK leaving with No Deal is going to push all of them into recession.

Merry Christmas, Europe.
    Welcome to leaver world, where covering oneself in shit is fine provided that third parties get hit by the odd splatter.

The EU will pick up your dry-cleaning bill. After all, they are the ones flingng the backstop shit.

Also, to be fair, May is not “trying to break her word”. It’s debatable whether Parliament actually needs to ratify the treaty, but if it does (either politically or legally) then all May has committed to is to present the treaty to Parliament for their approval

Since 2010 any treaty has to be ratified by Parliament in a straight yes/no vote.
    Why all the debate on whether the meaningful vote was meaningful or not?
  • Options
    OortOort Posts: 96
    edited December 2018

Oort said:

IanB2 said:

Scott_P said:

There are 2 solutions.

There is no opposition day debate before the MV in January
    How do you know? According to the Commons, the opposition dates are announced in the Leader of the House's weekly business statement made on Thursdays. Even as things stand (and things may change), the MV could be on the 10th day of the new sitting. (I confused "session" with "sitting" above.) Have Labour used up all 17 of their days for the 2018-19 session?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967
    Charles said:

Charles said:

Foxy said:

TOPPING said:

matt said:

Merry Christmas, Europe.

I think it's a convention, not a requirement.
  • Options
    Can't really argue with the PM:

May says, if Corbyn does not want to see money spent on no-deal, he should vote for this deal.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

May says, if Corbyn does not want to see money spent on no-deal, he should vote for this deal.

He can't vote for it if she won't move the vote...
  • Options
    Charles said:

Charles said:

Foxy said:

TOPPING said:

matt said:

Merry Christmas, Europe.

It’s only meaningful if the result goes the way people want it to. Given the chasm between Remainers and Brexiteers that, by definition, is impossible.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Alistair said:

Alistair said:

Scott_P said:

I don't know - and I'm not going to trawl timetable data to find out if any are. The point is that USA airlines can when your contention was that only EU airlines could.
    They aren’t. And Fifth Freedom rights are not the same as internal EU flights:

JFK>DUB>CDG OK
    DUB>CDG not ok.

Many of the fifth Freedom flights in the EU are via the U.K.

https://www.flypointyend.com/5th-freedom-flights/
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

He can't vote for it if she won't move the vote...
    True, but he's made it very clear that he won't, which is a key reason why it has been delayed.
  • Options
    grabcocquegrabcocque Posts: 4,234
    edited December 2018
    I hope Lincolnshire County Council has enough grit, gumption, plasterboard and UPVC double glazing to build 100,000 pensioner chalets in twelve weeks cos we're sure as shit not letting them all live in Remainia when Spain deports the diaspora Costa community.
  • Options
    According to the Guardian blog:

"May says, if Corbyn does not want to see money spent on no-deal, he should vote for this deal."

How does he do that when she won't hold the vote?
  • Options

Scott_P said:

More than just ABTA - and a while back too......
  • Options
    Are they going to let the Italians flout the rules like France then?

Or can someone please explain why its different for France and Germany?
  • Options
    grabcocquegrabcocque Posts: 4,234
    Floater said:

Scott_P said:

More than just ABTA - and a while back too......
    Have you seen what the EU's no-deal planning actually says?

UK airlines will be permitted (till the end of 2020) to fly over EU airspace, provided no British passengers disembark at any EU airport.

Whew boy, that's a doozy.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967

I hope Lincolnshire County Council has enough grit, gumption, plasterboard and UPVC double glazing to build 100,000 pensioner chalets in twelve weeks cos we're sure as shit not letting them all live in Remainia when Spain deports the diaspora Costa community.

Any sign that Britons are going to be deported en masse from the continent?
  • Options

This could be the boost to our ailing seaside towns' economies that they have so urgently been looking for.

And Skegness is so bracing.
This discussion has been closed.