Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » When some men want to be humiliated and embarrassed they hire

Comments

• Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,209
    Danny565 said:

If Field stands as an independent next time, he wins. He has a very large personal vote. And he is departing Labour for all the right reasons.

Power gets a bit further away with every departure the Corbyn Clowns cheer on......

No chance this is Liverpool you know.

He propped up the Tories.

You really don't have a clue

Fancy a bet
    Birkenhead is not Liverpool :p

I wouldn't completely rule him out winning as an independent, he has a reputation as a very assiduous MP. But probably not likely.
    Actually, it is Liverpool in this context. I was on Labour at 7-1 for Wirral South last year - possibly the best value bet I made.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,154

If Field stands as an independent next time, he wins. He has a very large personal vote. And he is departing Labour for all the right reasons.

Power gets a bit further away with every departure the Corbyn Clowns cheer on......

Fancy a bet
    I think for health reasons, he won't stand. But if he does, yeah, we'll have a bet at the time.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,843
    edited August 2018
    I left the Labour Party in 2003, but think the no confidence vote in him entirely justified. He was not just rejected by entryists, but by the constituency members that he has known for years.

Time for a new MP. Personal votes are illusory as has been demonstrated many times.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,464

Fancy a bet
    I think for health reasons, he won't stand. But if he does, yeah, we'll have a bet at the time.
    Would be a pointless gesture. Labour would win that seat anyway. It would get him a nice payoff of course but I don't think he's particularly mercenary.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Fancy a bet
    Would be a pointless gesture. Labour would win that seat anyway. It would get him a nice payoff of course but I don't think he's particularly mercenary.
    Blaenau Gwent, anybody?
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,184

One for, I think Mike, who tipped this the other day iirc:

https://twitter.com/portraitinflesh/status/1035201399875952641

He has to beat Ted Cruz first
  • Options
    Wulfrun_PhilWulfrun_Phil Posts: 4,626
    Yes, clearly he now regrets that. But equally, it is a crying shame that there is not room to accommodate people of his views within what remains of the Labour Party.

I would expect him to beat whoever Labour put up against him should he stand again, just as Dick Taverne did in Lincoln, although his age may rule that out. Nor with 77% of the vote will there be any other candidate in the running.

• Options
    Foxy said:

I left the Labour Party in 2003, but think the no confidence vote in him entirely justified. He was not just rejected by entryists, but by the constituency members that he has known for years.

Time for a new MP. Personal votes are illusory as has been demonstrated many times.
    Field can still be an independent MP until 2022 by which time not only Article 50 will have expired but the proposed transition period too so he can vote to deliver Brexit for the next 3 years
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,904

Fancy a bet
    Will be lucky to come 2nd IMO

Liverpool is Corbyn land I will give you 3/1 if he stands but am sure you will get better at the Bookies
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,409
    edited August 2018
  • Options
    hunchmanhunchman Posts: 2,591
    edited August 2018

ydoethur said:

Fancy a bet
    Blaenau Gwent, anybody?
    Yes and with the present dissatisfaction with all parties and the wider political system, the climate for independents to prosper is as good as it's ever going to get. Martin bell, the independent Kidderminster hospital chap are other examples. The independent in east Devon got close to Hugo wretched swire at the last election as well.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Fancy a bet
    Blaenau Gwent, anybody?
    Rather different! Peter Law stood as an independent when New Labour were trying to stitch up a selection in a safe seat.

Field does not have that sort of support in his own party.
  • Options
    hunchman said:

ydoethur said:

Fancy a bet
    Blaenau Gwent, anybody?
    Yes and with the present dissatisfaction with all parties and the wider political system, the climate for independents to prosper is as good as it's ever going to get. Martin bell, the independent Kidderminster hospital chap are other examples. The independent in east Devon got close to Hugo wretched swire at the last election as well.
    I'd leaflet for him....
  • Options
    Foxy said:

ydoethur said:

Fancy a bet
    Blaenau Gwent, anybody?
    Rather different! Peter Law stood as an independent when New Labour were trying to stitch up a selection in a safe seat.

It depends on his electorate
  • Options

felix said:

Lol - he's discussing the story which in tweet 1 declared 'end of story' - thick or what.
    The BBC editors should "lose" his phone number.

The guy is a twat.
    About par for the course with the bbc. Anthony William Hall amongst others has a great deal to answer for.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,906
    Things are looking up. However much one might dislike Corbyn getting rid of Frank Field has to be a result.

As for Nigel Farage being Lord Mayor of London....

......... and pigs might fly (are you allowed to say that anymore?)
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,953
  • Options
    Roger said:

Things are looking up. However much one might dislike Corbyn getting rid of Frank Field has to be a result.

Think Frank Field has got rid of Corbyn to be fair
  • Options
    Roger said:

Usual pleasantness from AGW Woger
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    That isn't what the Labour Party rules say.
  • Options
    John McCain's 106 year old mother will attend the Memorial Service for her son who died aged 82

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/5382436/john-mccain-mother-washington-memorial
  • Options
  • Options
    Roger said:

Perhaps we could swap Frank Field and Kate Hoey and Graham Stringer for Anna Soubry, Dominic Grieve and Sarah Wollaston?
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,447
    Presumably if Field is in trouble with the Cult because he voted with the Tories, then Corbyn should be hounded out of the party forthwith, since unless I have missed something he must have voted with the Tories loads of times over policies of New Labour.

Or did Corbyn abstain in every vote under Blair?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Is honouring the Anti-Zionist and Jewish Prof Falk anti-semitic?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Roger said:

Perhaps we could swap Frank Field and Kate Hoey and Graham Stringer for Anna Soubry, Dominic Grieve and Sarah Wollaston?
    I do not think so but they would be welcome to join. We are a broad church
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    Frank Field strikes me as the sort of person who just might have read the rules!
  • Options
    A whole lot of 6 and 7 earthquake activity around the Pacific rim being ignored by the mainstream media. Dutchsinse on YouTube is doing a fine job and saving many lives as a result. A great example of how the alternative media can be a great force for good doing the job that an enlightened responsible mainstream media should be doing.....
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Roger said:

Or just have an extended pairing arrangement, so none of them need to vote and wind up their, er....I was going to say Parties, but......
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Scott_P said:
    No, just demented. Unless you think he was right?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Roger said:

Caroline nokes and amber Augusta Rudd should also be on the swap list! Would have John mann on that list for his work on promoting proper climate science and raising child abuse.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,001
    hunchman said:

A whole lot of 6 and 7 earthquake activity around the Pacific rim being ignored by the mainstream media. Dutchsinse on YouTube is doing a fine job and saving many lives as a result. A great example of how the alternative media can be a great force for good doing the job that an enlightened responsible mainstream media should be doing.....

I'm sure it's being covered by local media....
  • Options
    Tom Watson having a real go
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Roger said:

Or just have an extended pairing arrangement, so none of them need to vote and wind up their, er....I was going to say Parties, but......
    I said a few months ago that at some point during one of the key Brexit votes, there willl be a photo of Ken Clarke and Kate Hoey sitting on the Terrace with drinks in hand, raising a toast to pairing.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    Frank Field strikes me as the sort of person who just might have read the rules!
    He hasn't:

A member of the Party who joins and/ or supports a political organisation other than an official Labour group or other unit of the Party, or supports any candidate who stands against an official Labour candidate, or publicly declares their intent to stand against a Labour candidate, shall automatically be Ineligible to be or remain a Party member,
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    He hasn't:

A member of the Party who joins and/ or supports a political organisation other than an official Labour group or other unit of the Party, or supports any candidate who stands against an official Labour candidate, or publicly declares their intent to stand against a Labour candidate, shall automatically be Ineligible to be or remain a Party member,
    Has he actually done any of those things.

• Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,209

Scott_P said:
    He hasn't:

Has he done any of that?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

One for, I think Mike, who tipped this the other day iirc:

https://twitter.com/portraitinflesh/status/1035201399875952641

He has to beat Ted Cruz first
    I'd rather have P. J. O'Rourke. Much more entertaining.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    He hasn't:

Has he done any of that? The letter said that he would sit an an independent Labour MP, no mention of joining or supporting another party. If he stands for re-election as an independent then yes, he’ll be kicked out at that point.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Scott_P said:
    He hasn't:

Has he done any of that? The letter said that he would sit an an independent Labour MP, no mention of joining or supporting another party. If he stands for re-election as an independent then yes, he’ll be kicked out at that point.
    Does supporting Hamas count as "supports a political organisation other than an official Labour group"?
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    He hasn't:

Has he done that?
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Jezza and his crew will never love you Owen

They remember what you said even if you are tying to forget
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    He hasn't:

Err - those rules haven't exactly been followed have they.

*cough* green party *cough*
  • Options
    The way the cult are piling on a decent man like frank field reminds me of the trumpians piling on John McCain.
  • Options
    hunchman said:

How many dead huncHman?

Do you think its possible that could play a part in the reporting or lack of........

• Options
    Foxy said:

Scott_P said:
    Is it the behaviour of a potential PM?
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Scott_P said:
    He hasn't:

Prima facie, should they kick him out citing those rules he would have grounds for legal action against them.

If so, world popcorn supplies will actually run out.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300

The way the cult are piling on a decent man like frank field reminds me of the trumpians piling on John McCain.

Does it remind you of the Tories piling on Mark Reckless?
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172
    Foxy said:

ydoethur said:

Fancy a bet
    Blaenau Gwent, anybody?

I think Law was seen as local & Welsh Labour, whereas Maggie Jones (now Baroness Jones of Whitchurch) was seen as an outsider & a Blairite who knew nothing about the constituency.

It really depends who Frank Field faces.

A strong, local candidate would give Frank a run for his money, but a Jared O'Mara would see Frank safely home.
  • Options

Did tories accuse him of being personally responsible for all the poverty in the country? Because that is what the corbyn outriders are doing.
  • Options
    Floater said:

hunchman said:

How many dead huncHman?

Do you think its possible that could play a part in the reporting or lack of........

There's only one Hunchman, and he's clearly still alive. So the answer's zero.
  • Options
    so what is worse?

Being the nasty party or being the racist party? (cf Frank Field)
  • Options
    jayfdeejayfdee Posts: 618

Fancy a bet
    Will be lucky to come 2nd IMO

Liverpool is Corbyn land I will give you 3/1 if he stands but am sure you will get better at the Bookies
    Birkenhead, is not Liverpool, it is usually called "over the water",by scousers, however they do share similar political views.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited August 2018

HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

These figures are interesting because at the referendum the Midlands was the most pro-Brexit region, not the North:
    https://twitter.com/GoodwinMJ/status/1035172337153462274

The Midlands now also contains the most marginal seats
    As far as I can see, the poll is of little value as a way of deducing anything about the Midlands.

The data seem to refer to a Frankenstein creation, called Midlands/Wales.
    The Midlands has a population of 10.5 million compared to 3 million for Wales, and the referendum result in Wales wasn't so different to the Midlands as to skew the data in a big way (given their relative populations).
  • Options

Did tories accuse him of being personally responsible for all the poverty in the country? Because that is what the corbyn outriders are doing.
    I may have said worse about Reckless privately.

My public comments on PB about TPD Reckless were the model of restraint and fairness.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,906
    hunchman said:

Roger said:

Got any share tips....

What's AGW?
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

These figures are interesting because at the referendum the Midlands was the most pro-Brexit region, not the North:

As far as I can see, the poll is of little value as a way of deducing anything about the Midlands.

The Midlands has a population of 10.5 million compared to 3 million for Wales, and the referendum result in Wales wasn't so different to the Midlands as to skew the data in a big way (given their relative populations).
    Interesting subsample, anyone know which national poll it comes from?
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

They do have some notable similarities. Both have a couple of major conurbations that dominate them, coupled with large and remote rural hinterlands, including a considerable number of very impoverished ex-mining areas. They are also closely linked economically and geographically - all transport links in Wales lead to the midlands in one way or another. Shrewsbury was an important shopping centre when I lived in Aberystwyth.

In other ways - not least raw size, relative wealth and language - I appreciate they are very different.
  • Options
    French actor Gérard Depardieu has been accused of rape and sexual assault by a young actress, judicial sources say.

• Options
    Roger said:

hunchman said:

Roger said:

Got any share tips....

What's AGW?
    Anthrogenic Global Warming.

Hunchman is cultivating his tinfoil hat.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Sandpit said:

Scott_P said:
    He hasn't:

Prima facie, should they kick him out citing those rules he would have grounds for legal action against them.

If so, world popcorn supplies will actually run out.
    I fear there may be a run on popcorn during Conference season.

After the year we have had in politics, it’s got to be possible to see a defection or two, timed for maximum embarrassment à la Reckless.
  • Options
    Frank Field is a saint but should not be made a martyr.
  • Options
    Pauly said:
    This is a point of real danger for Corbyn and even more so the labour party
  • Options
    Jamie Oliver has revealed that his restaurant chain was hours from bankruptcy before he rescued it by injecting nearly £13m of his own money into the business.

The celebrity chef and entrepreneur said he still did not fully understand why Jamie’s Italian ran into financial trouble and came close to collapse in September last year.

https://amp.theguardian.com/food/2018/aug/30/jamie-oliver-spent-13m-to-save-italian-chain-hours-before-bankruptcy

Answers on the back of a postcard....
  • Options
    Wulfrun_PhilWulfrun_Phil Posts: 4,626

Scott_P said:
    He hasn't:

He has so far committed to none of those things. He hasn't committed to stand again yet. And he can't formally stand against a Labour candidate until one has been selected to stand against him and his nomination has gone in. He can't announce his intention to stand against a Labour candidate if he simply announces that following eve of poll negotiations he expects no Labour candidate to be nominated to stand against him.

I have no doubt that his membership will be suspended forthwith, but suspension is different from expulsion. Furthermore the specific grounds for suspension will have to be stated, and the more general they are the more they will be capable of being challenged in a court of law, such that this one could run and run if Frank Field chose.
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,684

Sandpit said:

DavidL said:

Wonga into administration. Who are we going to get our 1000%+ APR loans from now?

QuickQuid and a whole host of other payday lenders that advertise on daytime telly.
    That was my concern about this: as far as I am aware the demand for such loans has not disappeared; in which case where is it being fulfilled? I can only hope it isn't with totally unregulated local groups (my mind has gone utterly and criminally blank, and I cannot remember what those people were called).
    Loan sharks. Dirty Des and Big Phil the door knockers, and Billy “the Bat” to collect the payments.

For all that we on here (mainly a bunch of middle class with decent jobs who have no problem accessing credit) laugh about high interest short term loans, there is a market that needs to be served, and if we over-regulate it there are unintended consequences.
    Thanks; a rather terrible brain-fade from me there.

I agree with your latter paragraph, but from memory Wonga were taking the p*ss.
    I used Wonga three or four times.

If I was landed with an unexpected £200 bill 8-9 days before payday it did help even if I ended up paying back £220 ten days later. I had the cash in my current account within 10 minutes.

I didn’t have a credit card at the time as i’d just moved.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    He hasn't:

He does not appear to have done any of those things. He has not joined any other political organisation, does not appear to be supporting any other political organisation and is not supporting a candidate standing against an official Labour candidate. I may be wrong but I am not aware of him stating an intention to stand against a Labour candidate either.
  • Options
    nielhnielh Posts: 1,307

Pauly said:
    the moderates don't have much in common with Frank Field
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Roger said:

hunchman said:

Roger said:

Got any share tips....

What's AGW?
    Anthrogenic Global Warming.

Hunchman is cultivating his tinfoil hat.
    What is Anthrogenic Global Warming?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,298
    edited August 2018

Sandpit said:

DavidL said:

Wonga into administration. Who are we going to get our 1000%+ APR loans from now?

QuickQuid and a whole host of other payday lenders that advertise on daytime telly.
    That was my concern about this: as far as I am aware the demand for such loans has not disappeared; in which case where is it being fulfilled? I can only hope it isn't with totally unregulated local groups (my mind has gone utterly and criminally blank, and I cannot remember what those people were called).
    Loan sharks. Dirty Des and Big Phil the door knockers, and Billy “the Bat” to collect the payments.

For all that we on here (mainly a bunch of middle class with decent jobs who have no problem accessing credit) laugh about high interest short term loans, there is a market that needs to be served, and if we over-regulate it there are unintended consequences.

If I was landed with an unexpected £200 bill 8-9 days before payday it did help even if I ended up paying back £220 ten days later. I had the cash in my current account within 10 minutes.

My understanding is the big problem is when people miss the repayment, then the likes of wonga whack on massive fees and before people know it they aren’t paying back £20 more than they borrowed it is £100s.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Jamie Oliver has revealed that his restaurant chain was hours from bankruptcy before he rescued it by injecting nearly £13m of his own money into the business.

The celebrity chef and entrepreneur said he still did not fully understand why Jamie’s Italian ran into financial trouble and came close to collapse in September last year.

https://amp.theguardian.com/food/2018/aug/30/jamie-oliver-spent-13m-to-save-italian-chain-hours-before-bankruptcy

That’s easy. He was trying to use his name to sell average product at premium prices in a crowded market, while having little to no personal input into the operations of a comparatively large chain of restaurants.

The difference between Oliver and other “Celebrity” chefs like Ramsay and Blumenthal, is that the other named chefs each have three Michelin stars.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    He hasn't:

He has so far committed to none of those things. He hasn't committed to stand again yet. And he can't formally stand against a Labour candidate until one has been selected to stand against him and his nomination has gone in. He can't announce his intention to stand against a Labour candidate if he simply announces that following eve of poll negotiations he expects no Labour candidate to be nominated to stand against him.

I have no doubt that his membership will be suspended forthwith, but suspension is different from expulsion. Furthermore the specific grounds for suspension will have to be stated, and the more general they are the more they will be capable of being challenged in a court of law, such that this one could run and run if Frank Field chose.
    I suspect that forming an Independent Labour group will be considered an external political organisation. Of course so is Momentum, but apparently that doesn't count...
  • Options
    nielh said:

Pauly said:
    How about decency
  • Options
    I have decided to take firm action to be Tough on Corbyn and Tough on the Causes of Corbyn
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

That’s easy. He was trying to use his name to sell average product at premium prices, while having little to no personal input into the operations of a comparatively large chain of restaurants.

The difference between Oliver and other “Celebrity” chefs like Ramsay and Blumenthal, is that the other named chefs each have three Michelin stars.
    one opened next to my office in 2014. prices were eye watering high. food reported as average from those who tried it. everyone avoided it in favour of the slug and lettuce next door, and it closed soon aftere it opened.
  • Options
    Floater said:

hunchman said:

How many dead huncHman?

There are around 100-150 earthquakes at magnitude 6.0-6.9 a year. That is 2 or 3 a week. That, coupled with the fact they tend to cause few, if any, deaths, is probably why they aren't being reported. There are 10-20 earthquakes at magnitude 7.0-7.9 a year. That makes them more newsworthy but still not big news unless they cause a lot of deaths.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    He hasn't:

I suspect that forming an Independent Labour group will be considered an external political organisation. Of course so is Momentum, but apparently that doesn't count...
    Independent members are, by definition, independent.
  • Options

nielh said:

Pauly said:
    How about decency
    If Field hadn't nominated Jezza for leader, he wouldn't have made the ballot.

Does he get the Darwin award?
  • Options

nielh said:

Pauly said:
    How about decency
    they need a coherent political strategy, if they are quitting the labour party
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    He hasn't:

But at the moment he is not forming any such group.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

DavidL said:

My understanding is the big problem is when people miss the repayment, then the likes of wonga whack on massive fees and before people know it they aren’t paying back £20 more than they borrowed it is £100s.
    Perhaps. I always had 100% predictability of my payday and set my repayment day 48 hours after that, so I never had any issue.

At the time, £20 for wonga charges were cheaper than £30+ bank fees for a bounced direct debit, so it made sense. Never a long term solution though.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,004
    Field's resignation is all about his eurosceptism tbh.

I reckon Stringer and Hoey will probably stand down next election, which means I'll be living in the remaining heart of Labour eurosceptism between Mann and Flint's constituencies !
  • Options

I have decided to take firm action to be Tough on Corbyn and Tough on the Causes of Corbyn

Well said and I admire your stance. I hope you, with many others succeed
  • Options
    On topic, I can’t see Frank Field crossing the floor but i can see a lot of soft collaboration with the Conservatives now.

He has nothing to lose.
  • Options

1. I have joined Progress
    2. I have joined Labour Friends of Israel
  • Options
    nielh said:

nielh said:

Pauly said:
    How about decency
    they need a coherent political strategy, if they are quitting the labour party
    I agree with that and expect the conference, if it rejects the peoples vote, could well open the flood gates
  • Options
    nielh said:

Sandpit said:

That’s easy. He was trying to use his name to sell average product at premium prices, while having little to no personal input into the operations of a comparatively large chain of restaurants.

one opened next to my office in 2014. prices were eye watering high. food reported as average from those who tried it. everyone avoided it in favour of the slug and lettuce next door, and it closed soon aftere it opened.
    Not my thing, but there are too many middle market Italian style chains, upmarket burger chains too.

The High St is having a tough time. At the bottom end McDonalds, Nandos, and Wetherspoons all seem busy, and there is always a market at the top end.

• Options

Sandpit said:

DavidL said:

Perhaps. I always had 100% predictability of my payday and set my repayment day 48 hours after that, so I never had any issue.

At the time, £20 for wonga charges were cheaper than £30+ bank fees for a bounced direct debit, so it made sense. Never a long term solution though.
    It was a poorly understood business model.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,004

On topic, I can’t see Frank Field crossing the floor but i can see a lot of soft collaboration with the Conservatives now.

He has nothing to lose.

I expect he'll collaborate on european issues, but there's no way on God's green earth he'll vote with the Gov't on say universal credit.
  • Options

1. I have joined Progress
    2. I have joined Labour Friends of Israel
    Sometimes you have to stop sitting on the fence and take sides. And the way to defeat antisemitism is by providing solifarity with its victims. And the way to stop batshit crazyism is to do a Gordon Brown and do a deal with Lord Mandymort. If its good enough for Tom Watson its good enough for me.

To be clear, if the givernment collapses and we have yet another General Election I'm out seeking a Corbyn win. Beggars can't be choosers. But i can aspire for better than Jezbollah and his Kali Ma loons
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

I reckon Stringer and Hoey will probably stand down next election, which means I'll be living in the remaining heart of Labour eurosceptism between Mann and Flint's constituencies !

It has nothing to do with Brexit and everything to do with Corbyn and anti semitism together with serious abuse and bullying, both national and local, going back 18 months
  • Options

French actor Gérard Depardieu has been accused of rape and sexual assault by a young actress, judicial sources say.

Given Depardieu's - ahem - lively sex life the news that there is a complaint is not terribly surprising frankly.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    He hasn't:

He hasn't formed a group. He will be sitting as a Labour MP, but without accepting the party whip. That's where the definition fails. It doesn't cover what he's done. He has been very clever in that way.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

It has nothing to do with Brexit and everything to do with Corbyn and anti semitism together with serious abuse and bullying, both national and local, going back 18 months
    Considering nearly all the incidents dredged up by the press concerning Corbyn occurred before Field nominated him for leader, I think that unlikely. The two shared the Labour backbenches for decades and knew each other well.
This discussion has been closed.