Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » So, this errr… Target2 thing. What is it, and why is it spikin

Comments

• Options
    JonnyJimmyJonnyJimmy Posts: 2,548
    edited June 2018

Parking is easy and should be mastered before being allowed on the roads. Telling me about other worse things doesn't make incompetent parkers ok on the roads. I don't give a molecular piece of shit if you think I'm embarrassing myself, intelligent self confessed incompetents like Meeks should be responsible enough to learn to control a vehicle competently before they risk others' lives on real roads.

Meeks may be exaggerating his incompetence. That's up to him.

Parking only became part of the driving test over the last couple of decades. Are you saying everyone over the age of 40 is a bad driver,?
    Obviously not. For one thing, I'm over 40 and it was in the test well before my time. But if they're unable to park then they quite clearly aren't competent enough to be allowed on the roads. For people to be allowed behind the wheel of near a ton of vehicle that can move at speeds of over 100mph, they ought to be able to do it accurately at 2mph.

It should be as embarrassing for a driver to say they can't park as it would be for a lawyer to say they can't read.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,313
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

alex. said:

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Said for years:

Eight groups of four
    Only the group winners qualify
    Two more groups of four
    Group winners play in the final
    Team with best record in the groups stages win if the final is a draw after extra time.
    There would be too many dead games and teams would be terrified of losing their first match.
    With the exception of the Croatia group, all of the other groups in this tournament would have come down to the final game. And teams wouldn't be terrified of losing their first match. But wins would be critical.
    That's a bit misleading. The group winners are very rarely decided by the last game. But most teams can't win the group at that point. Which in itself would have an impact on how the final round of group games progress. Teams would be terrified of losing the first game, because that would effectively put qualification out of their hands almost before the tournament has started.

Even worse is the idea of groups leading direct to the final That leads to outcomes like Argentina-Peru in 1978.
    Perhaps have a group draw after each of the final group games.

Bugger, Belgium score...
    I thought you were a Brussels europhile
    I have semi final tickets for the other half of the tournament :)
    I would say that despite some boring games this World Cup has been a success and good PR for Russia despite my previous reservations
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    alex. said:

tlg86 said:

alex. said:

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Said for years:

Eight groups of four
    Two more groups of four
    Team with best record in the groups stages win if the final is a draw after extra time.
    There would be too many dead games and teams would be terrified of losing their first match.
    With the exception of the Croatia group, all of the other groups in this tournament would have come down to the final game. And teams wouldn't be terrified of losing their first match. But wins would be critical.
    That's a bit misleading. The group winners are very rarely decided by the last game. But most teams can't win the group at that point. Which in itself would have an impact on how the final round of group games progress. Teams would be terrified of losing the first game, because that would effectively put qualification out of their hands almost before the tournament has started.

Even worse is the idea of groups leading direct to the final That leads to outcomes like Argentina-Peru in 1978.
    So in this tournament, 20 of the 32 teams had a chance of winning their group in the final game.

As for 1978, that was before the final groups games were played at the same time. And Peru were threatened before the game.
    Given that no groups were decided before the final game, 16 had a chance by definition. How many had the outcome completely in their own hands and not dependent on other results? Possibly only Belgium/England.

Regardless of concurrency of games, when sides have nothing to play for there is always the danger of collusion, suspicion of collusion or accusations of collusion. Arg-Peru was just an extreme example. It is not difficult to create situations where a team needs a win, or even only a draw, against opposition who have nothing to play for. And that is not a good thing.

And we don't have that already?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,477
    edited June 2018

Obviously not. For one thing, I'm over 40 and it was in the test well before my time. But if they're unable to park then they quite clearly aren't competent enough to be allowed on the roads. For people to be allowed behind the wheel of near a ton of vehicle that can move at speeds of over 100mph, they ought to be able to do it accurately at 2mph.

It should be as embarrassing for a driver to say they can't park as it would be for a lawyer to say they can't read.

And I used to think you'd never top your posts accusing anyone who thought Damian Green might have to resign for being a letch was to accuse them of being a pervert.

How wrong was I.

I suggest you take a break from this line of discussion.
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,814
    edited June 2018
    dixiedean said:

Off topic but another moor fire in the NW, on Winter Hill between Bolton and Blackburn. Not sure GM fire can cope without rain soon.

Could see that from the office, smoke behind the transmitter as we looked. Does that still carry Freeview - it might be going off soon?
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,098

Parking is easy and should be mastered before being allowed on the roads. Telling me about other worse things doesn't make incompetent parkers ok on the roads. I don't give a molecular piece of shit if you think I'm embarrassing myself, intelligent self confessed incompetents like Meeks should be responsible enough to learn to control a vehicle competently before they risk others' lives on real roads.

Parking only became part of the driving test over the last couple of decades. Are you saying everyone over the age of 40 is a bad driver,?

That depends on how you define 'parking'.

Its something at which some people are better at than others and something which is easier to do in one type of car than another.
  • Options
    alex.alex. Posts: 4,658
    tlg86 said:

alex. said:

tlg86 said:

alex. said:

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Said for years:

Eight groups of four
    Two more groups of four

So in this tournament, 20 of the 32 teams had a chance of winning their group in the final game.

As for 1978, that was before the final groups games were played at the same time. And Peru were threatened before the game.
    Given that no groups were decided before the final game, 16 had a chance by definition. How many had the outcome completely in their own hands and not dependent on other results? Possibly only Belgium/England.

Regardless of concurrency of games, when sides have nothing to play for there is always the danger of collusion, suspicion of collusion or accusations of collusion. Arg-Peru was just an extreme example. It is not difficult to create situations where a team needs a win, or even only a draw, against opposition who have nothing to play for. And that is not a good thing.

And we don't have that already?
    Much less so for obvious reasons as was stated.

1) two qualifiers means the number of teams with nothing to play for is very small
    2) Most teams who have something to play for still have qualification in their own hands
    3) We only have one group stage, and knockouts for the business end of the tournament. You want two group stages, both with one qualifier.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Marcus Rashford is overrated, can understand why Jose doesn't play him.
  • Options
    Did I hear the match commentator correctly when he said Fellaini is to sign a new five year deal at United and if so, did no one want him

And Marcus - what a miss
  • Options

Did I hear the match commentator correctly when he said Fellaini is to sign a new five year deal at United and if so, did no one want him

And Marcus - what a miss

A new contract, not a five year one, he's been there five years.

United are also signing Lee Grant.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125

Talking of fake news is Guido's announcement that Australia has placed a 35 billion dollar order with UK to build their naval ships authentic. Not seen it anywhere else so question the veracity in this climate

Is Australia expecting a naval war with someone in the next few years ?

That sounds like total bollox.
    So not fake news then?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    Joking aside @JonnyJimmy clearly has an unhealthy obsession with Alastair's parking abilities and the motive is Alastairs' forthright views on Brexit...
    It is like Bercow and the ERG in parliament.
  • Options

Talking of fake news is Guido's announcement that Australia has placed a 35 billion dollar order with UK to build their naval ships authentic. Not seen it anywhere else so question the veracity in this climate

So not fake news then?
    Apparently not
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    AnneJGP said:

Worst place I've ever driven is San Francisco. Pot-head hippies and junctions on blind crests of hills.....

Have you driven in Italy?

Every lane is an overtaking lane and well traffic lights are generally seen as ornaments, not something to be followed.
    Italy is a doddle.

I remember Tokyo. The taxi drivers used to put on the headgear and prepare to die for the Emperor......
    A much-travelled colleague once told me Algeria is worst of all.

He also spoke of places where people routinely drive full pelt through red lights, but behave much more cautiously at green lights, because of all the mad idiots who crash the red.

Good evening, everyone. I hope you are all enjoying the football.
    Jared Diamond claims that no one has ever topped up the engine oil in a car in Papua New Guinea, because the cars are all Mercedes and the probability is 100% that they will be written off in a crash before the oil level drops to the line.
  • Options

And Marcus - what a miss

Who
  • Options

And I used to think you'd never top your posts accusing anyone who thought Damian Green might have to resign for being a letch was to accuse them of being a pervert.

How wrong was I.

You have a terrible memory. I opposed perverse misuse of information by the cops, and called people perverts explicitly in the sense of perverting the course of justice for supporting such perversion.

I'll just pray that old antifrank was exaggerating.

• Options

He's one of the endless line of young England footballers who look great as a 'super-sub' teenager but wont as a regular player in his twenties.
  • Options

I've had a tiny lay on Belgium. I rather suspect Martinez was willing Radford to score there.
  • Options
    alex. said:

1) two qualifiers means the number of teams with nothing to play for is very small
    2) Most teams who have something to play for still have qualification in their own hands
    3) We only have one group stage, and knockouts for the business end of the tournament. You want two group stages, both with one qualifier.

Group B - Morocco out
    Group D - Croatia almost assured of first place
    Group E - Costa Rica out
    Group H - Poland out

So half the groups had once team with nothing/little to play for playing another team with something to play for.

I don't like the knockout phase of tournaments because teams would rather lose on penalties than risk trying to win before it gets to them. If we must have knockout football then lets have penalties after 90 minutes followed by 30 minutes of extra time.
  • Options
    ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201

And Marcus - what a miss

Who
    Did you not want Ronaldo and Bale together and you get Fellani and Grant? Be happy Jose knows what he is doing when parking the bus and playing negative football.
  • Options

And Marcus - what a miss

Who
    Stoke's reserve goalie.
  • Options

So not fake news then?
    If the contract is worth say £350m then its only 99% bollox.
  • Options
    On topic: Macron met Conte on Tuesday. This may not necessarily play the way we think - the rejected economics minister, Savona, has a fairly orthodox view on the Euro development - more Brussels control for fiscal transfers would be welcome by him. His scepticism of the Euro is based on a view that that will not happen.

But who knows: Macron + Savona + new German government?
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    twitter.com/Blaynos14/status/1012414481396371456
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787

They've long been a bit nervous of Indonesia, and they need serious naval kit to keep up their no landing for migrants policy.
  • Options

How wrong was I.

You have a terrible memory. I opposed perverse misuse of information by the cops, and called people perverts explicitly in the sense of perverting the course of justice for supporting such perversion.

I'll just pray that old antifrank was exaggerating.

I know, it made you look like an idiot.

Just like today.

You have unhealthy obsessions, just like a pervert.
  • Options

And Marcus - what a miss

Who
    Did you not want Ronaldo and Bale together and you get Fellani and Grant? Be happy Jose knows what he is doing when parking the bus and playing negative football.
    Not fused about Ronald or Bale as I do not think they really are committed to play for United

And England about to bring on Welbeck to cause terror in the Belgium defence
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

alex. said:

Group B - Morocco out
    Group E - Costa Rica out
    Group H - Poland out

So half the groups had once team with nothing/little to play for playing another team with something to play for.

So 3 teams with nothing to play for (except pride) - and none of whom lost their final game - versus at least 12 teams with nothing to play for under your model. I would say that meets my definition of very small.

• Options
    Pro_Rata said:

dixiedean said:

Off topic but another moor fire in the NW, on Winter Hill between Bolton and Blackburn. Not sure GM fire can cope without rain soon.

Could see that from the office, smoke behind the transmitter as we looked. Does that still carry Freeview - it might be going off soon?
    Fire report: at least 7 or 8 active smoke fronts on Saddleworth moor just now from 1 mile north of Stalybridge and now smoking north of Greenfield, a separate hill. Reports of a large fire between Huddersfield and Slaithwaite, but not seen that from train.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Pulpstar said:

Joking aside @JonnyJimmy clearly has an unhealthy obsession with Alastair's parking abilities and the motive is Alastairs' forthright views on Brexit...

I have a major issue with incompetent drivers. I have aimed my broadside on it at Monsieur Meeks, and probably because he's such a massive, constant insulter of my side in the Brexit debate. But if he's not lying about his incompetence then he deserves it for driving while de facto unqualified, even if de jure allowed.
  • Options

And Marcus - what a miss

Who
    Stoke's reserve goalie.
    Thanks - assume a long term signing
  • Options

And Marcus - what a miss

Who
    Stoke's reserve goalie.
    He's 35.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

Pulpstar said:

I have a major issue with incompetent drivers. I have aimed my broadside on it at Monsieur Meeks, and probably because he's such a massive, constant insulter of my side in the Brexit debate. But if he's not lying about his incompetence then he deserves it for driving while de facto unqualified, even if de jure.
    If he's passed his test then he's qualified.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,284
    This isn't really the match I was hoping for.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,311
    Why did people want Rashford instead of Sterling again?
  • Options

And Marcus - what a miss

Who
    Stoke's reserve goalie.
    He's 35.
    Really - I have never heard of him
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341

What tosh. How often do you reverse around a corner at 100mph? It’s a completely different skill.
  • Options
    alex. said:

tlg86 said:

alex. said:

Group B - Morocco out
    Group E - Costa Rica out
    Group H - Poland out

So 3 teams with nothing to play for (except pride) - and none of whom lost their final game - versus at least 12 teams with nothing to play for under your model. I would say that meets my definition of very small.

Croatia did their bit, and South Korea did too (they were out by the time they got their goals).

So I don't see why you're worried about teams with nothing to play for. And in the case of Groups A, C and G, the final game is a winner takes all affair.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,780
    She's rather relying first on them believing that, and second that they can politically accept signing off on such a deal, even if the alternative truly is a collapse in leaving at all (which is possible). Seems optimistic of her.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

I have a major issue with incompetent drivers. I have aimed my broadside on it at Monsieur Meeks, and probably because he's such a massive, constant insulter of my side in the Brexit debate. But if he's not lying about his incompetence then he deserves it for driving while de facto unqualified, even if de jure.
    I know. And it saddens me.

I'd much rather talk about charging people for fuel according to how efficiently they drive. Say no tax for those who have averaged over 100mpg or equivalent since their last fill up, and an increasing scale of tax for those under that. We really ought to be tying to make people more efficient and that should be part of the test.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Remind us of Sterling's goal scoring record for England.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

alex. said:

tlg86 said:

alex. said:

Group B - Morocco out
    Group E - Costa Rica out
    Group H - Poland out

Croatia did their bit, and South Korea did too (they were out by the time they got their goals).

So I don't see why you're worried about teams with nothing to play for. And in the case of Groups A, C and G, the final game is a winner takes all affair.
    Because teams with nothing to play for can result in distorted outcomes. But it's not as bad for a tournament as dead games, especially in the latter stages of a tournament. There's no more pointless game than the third place play off!

• Options

What tosh. How often do you reverse around a corner at 100mph? It’s a completely different skill.
    If you're happy as a passenger with a driver who can't reverse at 2mph, good luck in any direction at 100mph.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

I'd much rather talk about charging people for fuel according to how efficiently they drive. Say no tax for those who have averaged over 100mpg or equivalent since their last fill up, and an increasing scale of tax for those under that. We really ought to be tying to make people more efficient and that should be part of the test.
    100 mpg - really - I got 54 mpg on my recent trip to the North of Scotland (1200 miles) and was well pleased
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Given that most of the cost of fuel is tax, then we do tax people by how efficiently they drive.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    IanB2 said:

This isn't really the match I was hoping for.

We'll remind you of that when Belgium lose to Brazil......

Still time for a strategic Belgian own goal though.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Pulpstar said:

100 mpg is pretty much impossible for all but a handful of cars and commuting routes !
    I am on just under 60 long term and that is way higher than average methinks.
  • Options
    RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223

If you're happy as a passenger with a driver who can't reverse at 2mph, good luck in any direction at 100mph.
    Can you please stop being such a bore on this topic?
  • Options
    Belgium clearly decided they want to win now.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Remind me how good Rashford has been this evening.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,284
    Well that was crap. Almost as bad as Germany.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

100 mpg - really - I got 54 mpg on my recent trip to the North of Scotland (1200 miles) and was well pleased
    I average about 90mpg. I have got a little skoda fabia which helps, but the determination not to brake is the main thing. Braking wastes fuel. So does racing up hills to do it at the speed limit; there's usually free speed down the other side of the hill.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Pulpstar said:

I average about 90mpg. I have got a little skoda fabia which helps, but the determination not to brake is the main thing. Braking wastes fuel. So does racing up hills to do it at the speed limit; there's usually free speed down the other side of the hill.
    I'll remember that when you run me down on a pedestrian crossing ;)

Freewheeling down hills is not good driving.

• Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,663
    IanB2 said:

Well that was crap. Almost as bad as Germany.

Its never a good idea to plan to lose. Their B team beat ours. We hardly threatened.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Poor as was the match - England could not deliver the final ball and Marcus should have scored
  • Options
    Looking forward to "expert" ITV pundits explain why Belgium really wanted to win after all, after telling us at half time how they had it all worked out to come second :)
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Pulpstar said:

Given that most of the cost of fuel is tax, then we do tax people by how efficiently they drive.
    But wouldn't it be good to reward really efficient drivers?
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,307

I think he actually played more minutes than any United out player last year. But he must be disappointed with that. He has not staked a claim. I think England should have played more of their first team and tried to win. They have lost momentum here.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Remind us how good Sterling was against Tunisia and Panama.

Here are the player ratings:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44503705#tab-1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44551762
  • Options

tlg86 said:

Pulpstar said:

But wouldn't it be good to reward really efficient drivers?
    We already get rewarded in our fuel bills.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

I think he actually played more minutes than any United out player last year. But he must be disappointed with that. He has not staked a claim. I think England should have played more of their first team and tried to win. They have lost momentum here.
    If they lose to Columbia be prepared for endless 'what if' discussions.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Fucking hell remind me of the premier league top goal scorer rankings last season.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

With respect I have driven like that since passing my test in 1961 and have had no driving conviction of any kind or even a parking ticket. And 54mpg in my 5 series is very acceptable
  • Options
    RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223
    edited June 2018
    That Australian contract is a great win for BAE.

If we can persuade the Canadians to buy the same thing but let us build them, it would be a tremendous vote of confidence in what’s left of British shipbuilding. Sterling weakness will help.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

100 mpg is pretty much impossible for all but a handful of cars and commuting routes !
    I am on just under 60 long term and that is way higher than average methinks.
    I don't think my car is particularly special for economy. If it is it shouldn't be, and that's the point. If you get cheap fuel for driving efficiently it'll become a huge selling point for cars.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,976
    Pro_Rata said:

Pro_Rata said:

dixiedean said:

Fire report: at least 7 or 8 active smoke fronts on Saddleworth moor just now from 1 mile north of Stalybridge and now smoking north of Greenfield, a separate hill. Reports of a large fire between Huddersfield and Slaithwaite, but not seen that from train.
    Winter Hill fire near the masts, but moving away. Unfortunately, football remained on,
  • Options

DavidL said:

I reckon we'll lose to Sweden.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Poor as was the match - England could not deliver the final ball and Marcus should have scored
    It was a gift made in Leicester: Maguire to Vardy to Rashford.

What worried me most was how lacking in creativity we looked. There didnt seem to be a plan second half. Why was Rashford moved to Right wingback? It was a half that needed Lingard on.
  • Options

DavidL said:

Belgium must fancy their chances against Brazil. To be perfectly honest the Japan/Columbia results made the top/bottom half arguments slightly closer.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

What worried me most was how lacking in creativity we looked. There didnt seem to be a plan second half. Why was Rashford moved to Right wingback? It was a half that needed Lingard on.
    Good summary and frankly England were flat.

And I really hope you have a fab time at the semi finals
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Remember, you use fuel with the clutch in, so don't coast!
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Pro_Rata said:

Pro_Rata said:

dixiedean said:

Winter Hill fire near the masts, but moving away. Unfortunately, football remained on,
    What football Dixie
  • Options
    kle4 said:

She's rather relying first on them believing that, and second that they can politically accept signing off on such a deal, even if the alternative truly is a collapse in leaving at all (which is possible). Seems optimistic of her.
    What's the point in leaving if we remain signed up to all rules but lose our MEPs? How is that taking back control?

Doesn't seem like a threat. Exit without a deal if need be and then seek a new deal from zero rather than over a barrel because we're petrified of a real exit.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Fucking hell remind me of the premier league top goal scorer rankings last season.
    You do know that England is not the same as Manchester City ?
  • Options

Foxy said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

I think that I will be watching Brazil vs Uruguay.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

You do know that a goal scorer is a goal scorer.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Be a good game.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Pulpstar said:

Remember, you use fuel with the clutch in, so don't coast!
    Coasting uses the same fuel as idling. Even if your car claims to be as efficient in gear as in neutral, it's not. Mine claims to but it isn't, I've checked. I use my gears to slow down, but that's because in gear you slow down. Coasting means you retain momentum, the most important thing to consider in fuel efficiency when driving.
  • Options
    Pundits suggesting Pickford let that in. His performance smacked of a goalie being told to let one in.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

That should be a cracker
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,031
    RoyalBlue said:

That Australian contract is a great win for BAE.

If we can persuade the Canadians to buy the same thing but let us build them, it would be a tremendous vote of confidence in what’s left of British shipbuilding. Sterling weakness will help.

It sounds like they're getting nine Type-26 like-ships. The Royal Navy is getting eight Type-26s.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

DavidL said:

Belgium must fancy their chances against Brazil. To be perfectly honest the Japan/Columbia results made the top/bottom half arguments slightly closer.
    I'd say much closer rather than slightly so but we'll see.

Columbia are usually an erratic team, England really don't want to get them when they have a good day.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

You do know that a goal scorer is a goal scorer.
    So what is Sterling's goal scoring record for England ?
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    After seeing our second eleven,just hope we get no injuries to our first eleven.

Lallana and wilshere should have gone.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,687
    tlg86 said:

Pundits suggesting Pickford let that in. His performance smacked of a goalie being told to let one in.

That's as ridiculous as some of your theories about Brexit tbf :lol:
  • Options
    It was Italy that sabotaged Junckers and Tusk's press conference tonight confirming all is not at all well in the EU and for Merkel especially
  • Options

tlg86 said:

What theories about Brexit?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,071

It was Italy that sabotaged Junckers and Tusk's press conference tonight confirming all is not at all well in the EU and for Merkel especially

https://twitter.com/albertonardelli/status/1012393989297885184?s=21
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

If anyone gave that away it was the centrebacks giving him too much space. Pickford got a hand to it, but not enough.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    alex. said:

Looking forward to "expert" ITV pundits explain why Belgium really wanted to win after all, after telling us at half time how they had it all worked out to come second :)

I think Adnan Januzaj wanted to win, Martinez less so. He didn't look happy when Januzaj scored. He definitely looked like he had a point to prove with Martinez and to try and get a place in the team. Everyone else seemed much less bothered.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Great match to watch! Even Brazil vs Portugal would be great if Portugal somehow make it through.
  • Options

After seeing our second eleven,just hope we get no injuries to our first eleven.

Lallana and wilshere should have gone.

Who !!!
  • Options
    ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201

Arrogant and made a fool of himself because he would not say "Yes Angie, what ever you want." MIGA.
  • Options

It shows how effectively a country can be heard within the EU. It is a live issue and clearly one in which countries are at different positions. It shows how the Eurobureacracy doesn't always get its way.

From our perspective it will distract the EU27 from Brexit.
  • Options

Arrogant and made a fool of himself because he would not say "Yes Angie, what ever you want." MIGA.
    Agree - Italy and others are going to cause big problems as could next years EU elections
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,687
    tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

What theories about Brexit?
    Er, sorry @tig86, think I got my PB posters muddled.

(But the idea that Pickford let that in is still ridiculous.)
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,011
    Jeremy Corbyn, James Cleverly and Ed Balls amongst those analysing the football on Good Evening Britain now
  • Options
    Corbyn on ITV
  • Options
    AnazinaAnazina Posts: 3,487

matt said:

He said he didn't fancy parking in a garage. He said he's rubbish at parking. Parking means controlling a car in occasionally tight spaces at a couple of miles per hour. If you haven't mastered that, you shouldn't be allowed to pass a driving test. I don't appreciate sharing full speed limit, narrow roads with people who can't master incredibly slow and simple manoeuvres.

I'd far rather share roadspace with cautious drivers who are aware of their own limitations and drive accordingly than with deluded fools who think they are Lewis bloody Hamilton!
    As would I. I drive very steadily in order to minimise my braking. I like to leave a substantial gap between me and the car in front, which sadly seems to encourage the lunatic Lewises so often behind me. But I also don't want to share roads with drivers who can't steer their cars accurately into parking spaces at very slow speeds. Hence my advice to Mr Meeks; learn to park it before you take your new car out.

Or buy a self-parking car.

That doesn't make him competent at steering. The reason that the manoeuvres are in the driving test isn't just because they're useful to learn; they're to prove you're capable of moving the car in tight spots, a crucial skill. "Rubbish at parking" Meeks knows he hasn't mastered control of his vehicle, and he knows it's irresponsible of him to take to the roads before he has.

This applies to all self-confessed bad parkers.
    Occasional post but STFU. You’re embarrassing yourself. The roads are full of people driving dangerously and oblivious to that. You’re obsessing about parking. I’m more concerned about the senile Brexit voters driving the wrong way down the M1.

Jonny with his leather motoring gloves boasting about his driving.
This discussion has been closed.