Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The first local by election since GE17 – the results

1235»

Comments

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,074

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

@Richard_Nabavi After I criticised Amber Augusta Rudd the other night, you came back with a very cheap Finchley Road jibe at me.

And why do you think that is?
    I honestly don't know!
    It's because you've wasted about as much bandwidth boring on with your conspiracy theories as you have with your chartist bullshit.
    Conspiracy theories out of Companies House documents, when you've never even looked at them!
    I looked at what you posted here and there was nothing out of the ordinary with any of it.

But then, I've run companies and spent a lot of time looking at Companies House documents...
    So 265,000 companies setup out of one address with many of them dissolved shell companies raises no alarms then?
    Nope.

Go look into 145-157 St John Street next.
    Let me guess: would that be somewhere that sells off the shelf limited companies?
  • Options
    hunchmanhunchman Posts: 2,591

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

@Richard_Nabavi After I criticised Amber Augusta Rudd the other night, you came back with a very cheap Finchley Road jibe at me.

I honestly don't know!
    It's because you've wasted about as much bandwidth boring on with your conspiracy theories as you have with your chartist bullshit.
    Conspiracy theories out of Companies House documents, when you've never even looked at them!
    I looked at what you posted here and there was nothing out of the ordinary with any of it.

But then, I've run companies and spent a lot of time looking at Companies House documents...
    So 265,000 companies setup out of one address with many of them dissolved shell companies raises no alarms then?
    Nope.

I've looked at plenty of companies out of that address too. Labour friends of Israel are out of that address if IIRC. You better be careful though, I get my posts deleted by the moderators if I mention the addresses!
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,051
    rcs1000 said:

tyson said:

welshowl said:

This bit's better from Radiohead!

What bit is better than what? This gig is unbelievably brilliant from start to when it finishes. The tempo, the arrangement, the vibrancy, the energy, the sheer brilliance of the music, the eclectic vocals....

Radiohead make you a better person. Full stop.....
    I'm sorry, but Tom's voice is not all there tonight. He got Nude spot on, but some of the others he really struggled.

I'm upto No Surprises...you might have something RCS...the vocals are a bit flat.....
  • Options
    ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819
    Jonathan said:

You get some weirdness and conspiracy theories on here. Some people will believe anything. Some people even thought Theresa May was good. Amazing.

I'm not normally one for conspiracy theories but I think we can all agree that the real May has been replaced by a pod person. It's the only explanation.
  • Options
    hunchman said:

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

I honestly don't know!

Nope.

I've looked at plenty of companies out of that address too. Labour friends of Israel are out of that address if IIRC. You better be careful though, I get my posts deleted by the moderators if I mention the addresses!
    Companies Made Simple - which sells off the shelf private companies - is based there!
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    rcs1000 said:

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

I honestly don't know!

Nope.

Let me guess: would that be somewhere that sells off the shelf limited companies?
    Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.

https://www.companiesmadesimple.com
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,913

Jonathan said:

You get some weirdness and conspiracy theories on here. Some people will believe anything. Some people even thought Theresa May was good. Amazing.

I'm not normally one for conspiracy theories but I think we can all agree that the real May has been replaced by a pod person. It's the only explanation.
    Maybe the pod person was replaced by the real thing. Has anyone actually met Theresa May. She might be bad CGI
  • Options

Who or what is Radiohead?

Just carrying on voting Tory Richard and don't worry your pretty little face about such things....

• Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,468
    hunchman said:

Wonderful stuff Sunil. A serious amount of land got flooded on the peninsular down from the modern day Singapore down through to Java. They reckon the east coast of the US went out around a further 100 miles on average into the Atlantic compared to today. What do you make of the theory of the equator once joining Easter Island, Giza and Angkor Wat, with them all separated by 72 degrees of longitude? IIRC the line goes through the Nazca lines / Ollayantaytumbo in Peru as well.

I'm not too sure at all about Earth Crust Displacement (as espoused by Charles Hapgood, and made famous by the movie "2012"!), but Angkor is not too far from Sunda Shelf at all. It is the sacred site closest to the inundated areas, and also there's the mysterious Gunung Padang monument in Java, which radar scanning has shown to have an artificial chamber within what was long thought to be natural hillock.
  • Options
    tyson said:

Just carrying on voting Tory Richard and don't worry your pretty little face about such things....

Wirelesshead.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    Jonathan said:

A popular beat combo. Most famous wayback when the Tories last managed a full term on their own.
    Ah, ancient stuff.

Those of us in tune with 2017 are more excited about this combo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7x0AUBq4mM
  • Options
    DruttDrutt Posts: 1,093
    Street Spirit, No Surprises, Paranoid Android. All glorious stuff. If Radiohead play Creep then it was worth sitting through all of the tracks that sound like elevator music for the borderline suicidal.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

I honestly don't know!

Nope.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.

https://www.companiesmadesimple.com
    I've never said that there aren't some legitimate businesses out of 'those addresses'. I feel sorry for those that are, as they can all too easily be tarred with the same brush as those out to commit fraud, theft and money laundering.

And what do you make of Roberto Saviano's comments about London?, himself an expert in financial corruption:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/may/29/roberto-saviano-london-is-heart-of-global-financial-corruption

• Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    rcs1000 said:

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

I honestly don't know!

Nope.

Companies Made Simple - which sells off the shelf private companies - is based there!
    I've used that particular service which is why I know there's nothing intrinsically dodgy about it!

(ok, that might be a bit of an open goal...)
  • Options
    Drutt said:

Street Spirit, No Surprises, Paranoid Android. All glorious stuff. If Radiohead play Creep then it was worth sitting through all of the tracks that sound like elevator music for the borderline suicidal.

Some of their later stuff is outstanding too:

How to Disappear Completely
    Nude
    True Love Waits
    The Gloaming
    The National Anthem
    Present Tense

to name just a few
  • Options

Jonathan said:

A popular beat combo. Most famous wayback when the Tories last managed a full term on their own.
    Ah, ancient stuff.

Nice, but surely to be banned under Brexit. Marching music only from now on.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

tyson said:

Wirelesshead.
    Very good....and quick

• Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

You've already moved to Mars I see. You can rent out land to London councils and make a mint.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Ah, ancient stuff.

Nice, but surely to be banned under Brexit. Marching music only from now on.
    She does an absolutely superb line in Gothic horror:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_Zwerg_(Schubert)

No recording of her singing it as far as I know, though.
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    Creep!
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

tyson said:

Wirelesshead.
    Phonograph-head, surely :)
  • Options
    Hang on. Did thst election actually happen. I might have nodded off and dreamt that May blew a 20% lead and Jeremy Corbyn got over 40%. Can't have been real. Not a chance.
  • Options
    So, to be clear: I'm out of touch because I've barely heard of some ancient and mediocre rock group, but you lot who know nothing about supremely talented and future world-class stars aren't?

It's a view, I suppose.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

hunchman said:

I honestly don't know!

It's exactly what you'd expect of a firm that sells off the shelf private companies. And indeed, it turns out that's exactly what it was.

Or we could believe that the company formation service was just a front.

Your call.
    Many company formation services agents are legitimate. And I feel genuinely sorry for them given the corrupt ones. The Panama Papers exposed a lot of the corruption. And it got rather too close to a lot of Rt Hon members for their own comfort.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Hang on. Did thst election actually happen. I might have nodded off and dreamt that May blew a 20% lead and Jeremy Corbyn got over 40%. Can't have been real. Not a chance.

No, it can't be true, obviously. I mean, how on earth could Jeremy Corbyn ever have become leader of a party of which you're a member?
  • Options

hunchman said:

Wonderful stuff Sunil. A serious amount of land got flooded on the peninsular down from the modern day Singapore down through to Java. They reckon the east coast of the US went out around a further 100 miles on average into the Atlantic compared to today. What do you make of the theory of the equator once joining Easter Island, Giza and Angkor Wat, with them all separated by 72 degrees of longitude? IIRC the line goes through the Nazca lines / Ollayantaytumbo in Peru as well.

I'm not too sure at all about Earth Crust Displacement (as espoused by Charles Hapgood, and made famous by the movie "2012"!), but Angkor is not too far from Sunda Shelf at all. It is the sacred site closest to the inundated areas, and also there's the mysterious Gunung Padang monument in Java, which radar scanning has shown to have an artificial chamber within what was long thought to be natural hillock.
    I'm open minded about it. It seems one heck of a coincidence that all those places are on a line around the earth, but some aspects of the theory I find somewhat far fetched.

I'll look up Gunung Padang when I get chance - thanks.
  • Options
    Anyway, good night all you philistines!
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460

Anyway, good night all you philistines!

True philistines spell it with a f. ;-)
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

https://twitter.com/Sunil_P2/status/876894066478329857
  • Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Maybe the pod person was replaced by the real thing. Has anyone actually met Theresa May. She might be bad CGI
    This place has all gone a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urglg3WimHA
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    From a few threads back! Re - decline of 4th Recount at NEFife
    'The party did consider taking legal action. I'm not sure if the postal votes we part of it, I know the refusal of a 4th re-count was, this was declined even though none of the 4 results were the same and at least 1 had LDs ahead, the 2nd recount I believe had just 1 vote in it.
    I don't think that they will go ahead due to cost of the action and the cost involved in a subsequent election re-run with by-election spending limits. '

Whilst I recognize that recounts are at the discretion of the Returning Officer a candidate refused a recount in the circumstances described here would surely be well placed to publicly criticize the conduct of the count immediately after the declaration. The threat of such remarks made in public to the media would surely deter a Returning Officer from acting unreasonably. Inevitably it would raise questions regarding his/her professional impartiality. I hope the LibDems push this further..
  • Options
    nunu said:
    Ummm.

Isn't this the opposite? They're actually closing their insolvent banks rather than allowing them to limp on.

They, like the Spanish with Banco Popular, are actually doing the right thing after a decade of inaction.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    edited June 2017
    Pong said:
    The author of this article has obviously learnt nothing from the mistakes made in Scotland, if he had he would have worked out who the real winners and losers are when a Government provides 'free tuition'.... Clue, its not the poorest students who require the most financial support or the Universities/colleges who decide and provide the number of places available.

I have been a vocal critic of grammar schools for the exact same reasons.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,027
    hunchman said:

...And remember a year ago tonight - the first 90 minutes the Remoaner's gloating in delight about their 'assumed' victory, and then their nightmare of the results coming in, first that declaration of 60pc out in Sunderland to start things off. Oh what a night that was.

I'm on a self-imposed PB exile for a few weeks as I plow thru some work, but tonight's work is not going well and the commute overwhelmed the painkillers, so I couldn't let that calumny go unremarked. This is the post I posted within that timeframe on Referendum night:

viewcode Posts: 3,949
    June 2016
    On a somewhat serious point for a moment. There are many people here on both sides who fought hard. I know TSE and Casino_Royale, and many others, have given up their time and have canvassed and campaigned, and that effort should be recognised.

By 6am tomorrow somebody will have lost. I won't patronise you: I hope REMAIN will win. But regardless of who wins, I would like to thank all those here on both sides, REMAIN and LEAVE, who took the time and effort to voice their thoughts and experiences. It would not have been the same without you, and even if you lose, I hope you all go on to greater success in life.

Some of us have the class your post failed to display, sir.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279

So, to be clear: I'm out of touch because I've barely heard of some ancient and mediocre rock group, but you lot who know nothing about supremely talented and future world-class stars aren't?

It's a view, I suppose.

Radiohead, one of the most overrated and boring rock bands in UK history.
  • Options
    DougieDougie Posts: 57
    TOPPING said:

There had long been a Cash-Rees-Mogg-Redwoodite faction to the Cons. No BBG speech, no commitment to the referendum, no overall majority.

Now, was that an error?

As an, ahem, spirited Remainer, I can't say that it was. It was politics. Analagous to the LDs getting into bed with the Cons. They were in power and politics is all about being in power.

Of course the subsequent Remain campaign was cackhanded, but, as with the recent GE, the "situation: no change" message is not a very persuasive one when the people are restless.

I'm being quite pedantic here, but I think Rees Mogg represents quite a different strand of the Tory right to Cash-Redwood.

Rees Mogg is an old fashioned High Tory whose beliefs bear a distinct resemblance to those of the pre-1832, or even 18th century Tory Party (at least in terms of attitude if not policy). That he is a Roman Catholic only strengthens the point - if you were to call him a crypto-Jacobite he probably wouldn't deny it.

Cash and Redwood are the ideological descendants of mid-19th century free trade, laissez faire Whigs/Liberals. I think Cash wrote a biography of Richard Cobden recently.

Or to put it simply: Rees-Mogg is a Cavalier, the other two are Roundheads.

• Options
    timmotimmo Posts: 1,469

Resident on Sky said she found out from Sky News about the evacuation and now she's come down been told it's the gas pipes on the landings.
    Oh dear.

Why dont they just turn the gas off?
This discussion has been closed.