Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Professor Steve Fisher – the political scientist who got it ri

Comments

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    SeanT said:

Why is my wonderful RobD spread not updating?!

DId you make a copy of it by accident?

You can reopen the actual one here https://goo.gl/uzcozl
  • Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256
    MaxPB said:

Scott_P said:

@bbclaurak: Hearing fears at Labour HQ about blame game that's started already from the leadership

Obviously the Party is not far enough to the left to attract voters. Time to purge those pesky moderates? (Or time for those pesky moderates to purge themselves?)
    Don't forget it's a rigged system and the Zionist run media are biased against them (including the guardian and the mirror).
    Absolutely! When the revolution comes, the media will be the first against the wall.
    And here I was getting ready to string up Remainers and lawyers...
    Sorry. After the media it is heretics and apostates, followed by the upper class and then intellectuals. So we would be 4th or 5th assuming that they can find us.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,130
    Sean_F said:

It must be decades since the Conservatives got a councillor in Paisley.

Technically it's Renfrewshire council, & the SCons have had 1 councillor there for at least the last 2 council elections.
  • Options
    Arthur_PennyArthur_Penny Posts: 198

Paging Scrapheap.

Spurs are playing today and so are the England cricket team.

You know what that means!

It will rain in London?
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @chrisdeerin: If swings to Tories in NE Scotland are indicative then Salmond is under threat in GE. Will Nicola want to put in the resource to save him?
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,289
    edited May 2017

Really funny - the BBC have changed their panel but Thornberry is still there. Mind you they only have Abbott and McDonnell as subs. Apart from Stephen Kinnock I have not seen another labour MP

I think I read somewhere that one broadcaster had to ask more than 70 Labour MPs before they got a taker.

Perhaps the deal is that whoever fronts the locals gets to go to the back of the queue for June 8/9th?
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,315

Drunker being a twat again. I am surprised may didn't hit him with her handbag when they had that dinner.

What's he done now
    He is at a conference and announced he would speak in French rather than (as expected) English, but English is now losing importance, followed by a big smirk.
    I can see the time coming when Theresa May halts all talks until he is removed from the process
    Barnier is the negotiating contact for the EU. Halting all talks with the clock ticking towards hard Brexit is pretty certain to hasten an unplanned hard Brexit.

Isn't the whole point of Brexit to cease to be involved in the internal aspects of the EU? so what does it matter in choice of internal language used there
    So be it - Junckers is a disgrace and needs to be taken out of the negotiations. Furthermore the idea that Theresa May can only deal with Barnier is for the birds.
    Mrs May can only deal with whoever the EU says she can deal with. They *do* get to pick their team just as we get to choose ours.
    Not at all - she will deal with whoever she wants to
    Like Trump who allegedly asked Merkel 10 times for a trade deal with Germany before accepting that he could only deal with the European Commission?
    She will deal with whoever she wants to
    We do not get to choose their representatives any more than they get to choose ours.

The EU27 have chosen Barnier to represent them, and for no direct talks with individual countries. The EU27 have signed up to this unanimously. That is how a union works.
    That is how remainers want it to work but a big fracture is on the horizon lead by the Irish, Dutch and Danes and the Prime Minister of the UK will not take lectures from the Eurocrats.
  • Options
    dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786
    On results so far, the Labour vote is holding up well in the city of Norwich. I think Clive is gonna hang on
  • Options
    CyanCyan Posts: 1,262
    SeanT said:

Blue_rog said:

SeanT said:

Scots really don't want another indyref, not right now.

Sean, did you ever let slip your juicy gossip about Macron? It's eating me up but I can't afford the £1 million you were asking for :lol:
    No. And I won't. Not on here. Sorry.
    Some of it may get plastered everywhere tomorrow, when the French media won't be allowed to talk about it. I doubt Fancy Bear has given up yet.

"Garçon" magazine, which is not a magazine for waiters, printed a topless (photoshopped) photo of Macron on their front cover.
  • Options
    @britainelects: Scottish ward results so far:

SNP: 21 (-5)
    CON: 18 (+11)
    LAB: 13 (-3)
    IND: 8 (-3)
    LDEM: 1 (-1)
    GRN: 1 (+1)
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,631

BigRich said:

What's the message he is selling...Vote labour and send the country into chaos like when I was in government in Greece?
    I am seriously struggling to understand what he thinks he is doing, he must be board, having an ex cabinet minister form one nation, come and campaign in local elections in another!.

But I would bet John McDonald would have thin nation, so brock it would be begging for money form the IMF in half the time it took he took.
    I find it bizarre that certain sections of the media hold him up on some pedastool. A bloke elected as part of a party with a total bonkers manifesto that totally failed and was sacked after a few months.
    'Pedastool' is an excellent and apposite typo.

• Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    Are the Welsh results really pointing towards a Con 40: Lab 30 split ?
  • Options

Really funny - the BBC have changed their panel but Thornberry is still there. Mind you they only have Abbott and McDonnell as subs. Apart from Stephen Kinnock I have not seen another labour MP

Well Thornberry has been subbed by, of course, by Abbott
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    edited May 2017
    It seems to me on the results that Labour are holding up comparatively better in their "traditional heartlands", while falling back even further in Tory-held marginal territory. Wales being a good example of that in particular.

That's both good and bad news for Labour -- good in the short-term, because it does suggest losses in the GE will be more contained than suggested, because there's little sign that there's an extra-big swing to the Tories among the core Labour vote (therefore Lab's vote should stay relatively "efficient", getting more seats than a low voteshare would imply). But bad in the medium-/long-term, because it probably means they're going to be EPICALLY far behind in the Nuneaton-kind of seats which they would need to regain at some point if they EVER want to win a majority again.
  • Options
  • Options
    @isaby: Bizarre the only national Labour voices on TV/radio - McDonnell/Thornberry/Gardiner/Abbott - represent London which had no elections y'day
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    Scott_P said:
    A pointless leak as the whole point of briefing notes is they are spouted on telly and in the papers; they are not state secrets. They may as well have leaked the Tories' strong and stable slogan for the general election. Is it even a briefing note or a press release?
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    surbiton said:

indies are messing up true comparisons, but i would say no. Labour are still strong in cardiff and newport. Tories will gain a handful of seats from labour nonetheless.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,259
    Abbott: " I wouldn't use the word 'disastrous' "
  • Options
    SchardsSchards Posts: 210
    SNP really deserve to lose badly given their disgraceful 'rape clause' campaign
  • Options
    surbiton said:

No, but the polling on local elections in Wales didn't suggest such a split.
  • Options
    Keep going Diane, I have my popcorn to hand.
  • Options
    Understated KLAXON

@nickeardleybbc: Senior Tory sources say their vote is increasing a lot in many areas of Scotland they haven't done well in before
  • Options

Drunker being a twat again. I am surprised may didn't hit him with her handbag when they had that dinner.

What's he done now
    He is at a conference and announced he would speak in French rather than (as expected) English, but English is now losing importance, followed by a big smirk.
    I can see the time coming when Theresa May halts all talks until he is removed from the process
    Barnier is the negotiating contact for the EU. Halting all talks with the clock ticking towards hard Brexit is pretty certain to hasten an unplanned hard Brexit.

Isn't the whole point of Brexit to cease to be involved in the internal aspects of the EU? so what does it matter in choice of internal language used there
    So be it - Junckers is a disgrace and needs to be taken out of the negotiations. Furthermore the idea that Theresa May can only deal with Barnier is for the birds.

Juncker is not involved in the negotiations.

Why was he at no 10 then - he is toxic
  • Options
    BannedInParisBannedInParis Posts: 2,191
    Scott_P said:

@isaby: Bizarre the only national Labour voices on TV/radio - McDonnell/Thornberry/Gardiner/Abbott - represent London which had no elections y'day

There are I think less than ten MPs who have stuck their heads out for Labour during the GE.

Those four, Burgon, Ashworth. Any others?

Anyway, attrition will start to take its toll.
  • Options
    TudorRoseTudorRose Posts: 1,662
    Scott_P said:
    They beat SLab by 30 votes - that's a lol moment!
  • Options
    @abowie4WAK: Central Buchan result in, @ScotTories win ward and get Marion Buchan elected with 1808 votes. SNP reduced to one councillor.
  • Options
    NemtynakhtNemtynakht Posts: 2,311
    edited May 2017
    Roger said:

Cyclefree said:

SeanT said:
    Plenty of people warned idiots like her that Corbyn was bad news. And they were roundly poo-poohed. So tough shit for morons like her who waste newsprint parading their empty-headed self-righteousness and presumed - and unjustified - self-claimed moral superiority over the rest of us.

Perhaps if people like her had actually bothered to look into what Corbyn said and believed over the years and compared it to the values she claims to believe in, Labour might not now be in such a mess. I have very little sympathy for self-indulgent nitwits like her.

For those who - like SO - would like a decent social democratic/left of centre party to vote for, rather more so. Rather a lot in fact. We all lose out by not having a viable opposition party.

I hope the revenge - when it comes - on the Corbynites and their fellow travellers is so savage that they slink off into the darkest recesses where far left groupuscules are usually found, never to be heard of again.

If these local elections had been held before TM called the election I'm sure at this moment we'd be counting the hours till Corbyn resigned.

Even now I'm not convinced he'll carry on. The pressure of knowing he's the main cause of this humiliation you'd hope would be weighing heavily.

I've no idea what the mechanism is but there will be some very angry Labour people who have just lost their jobs or who are about to who will surely do something. Even Momentum can't now say it'll be alright on the night.
    I just don't see Corbyn quitting. The line (I should say immortal line) from McDonnell this morning was that they have popular policies and the election rules meant that they would get a fair hearing in the media.

To me that sounds like the sound of hard reality hurtling towards the delicately framed delusion that the hard left is hard done by in the press. Popular policies are only good if they are part of balanced and realistic manifesto for government. Anyone can see that Corbyn can't even run the PLP.
  • Options
    I'm astonished that, firstly, Labour would Abbott to be seen on TV again and astonished that she has the self belief to get back on the horse.

Almost admirable
  • Options
    SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Brilliant, ta. Does it update if it's open in google sheets?
    Is it possible to extract into Excel?
  • Options
    12/64 seats in for Derbyshire and CON are already up 3!
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    Scott_P said:

@abowie4WAK: Central Buchan result in, @ScotTories win ward and get Marion Buchan elected with 1808 votes. SNP reduced to one councillor.

Marion Buchan

She's standing in the right seat!
  • Options
    RobbieBoxRobbieBox Posts: 28
    Can I have a pint of what Diane Abbot's been drinking please barman!
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    RobD said:

surbiton said:

No, but the polling on local elections in Wales didn't suggest such a split.
    oh yes polls were showing labour on 28% and tories on 26% the results seem in line with this.
  • Options
    Schards said:

I'm astonished that, firstly, Labour would Abbott to be seen on TV again and astonished that she has the self belief to get back on the horse.

Almost admirable

There is no one else
  • Options
    A hostage to fortune from Ms Abbott there!
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Nuttall has thrown in the towel for UKIP having a purpose any more.....
  • Options
    RobbieBox said:

Can I have a pint of what Diane Abbot's been drinking please barman!

Sorry, it's Class A, restricted
  • Options
    RobD said:

12/64 seats in for Derbyshire and CON are already up 3!

NOC a possibility.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

It auto updates if you open it in the browser. I am not sure if you try and import it/save it.
  • Options
    TudorRoseTudorRose Posts: 1,662

Could he be the shortest-serving UKIP leader ever....Oh!
  • Options
    @Edinburgh_CC: Results are in for Ward 3! Drum Brae/Gyle results: 3 elected
    Robert Aldridge (Lib Dem)
    Claire Bridgman (SNP)
    Mark Brown (Con)
    Turnout 52.2%
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Yeah, I think you can export it even if you have view-only privilege. You can see all my crappy formulae
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607

Well that's not surprising, UKIP are a party that has won the biggest and most important vote that this country has held in a generation. They've won.
  • Options
    Schards said:

Almost admirable

Just delusional.
  • Options
    jonny83jonny83 Posts: 1,261
    Looks like the Scottish Tory surge is very much real. Not going to ever hit the heights of the 1930's-50's when they were the dominant party there but they are on the up.

Of course having Corbyn doesn't help but that Labour brand in Scotland was badly damaged before he took over the leadership.
  • Options
    @RobD

There have loads of declarations in Norfolk, check Andrew Sinclair's twitter.
  • Options
    Paul Nuttall

'If the price of Britain is a Tory advance after taking up this patriotic cause then it is a price UKIP is prepared to pay'
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,035
    Off-topic:

In other news: North Korea accuses CIA of plot to assassinate Kim Jong-un with "biochemical substances"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39815561

Worrying.
  • Options
    Arthur_PennyArthur_Penny Posts: 198

Calamitous
    Catastrophic
    Tragic
    Terrible
    Devastating
    Dreadful
    Ruinous
    Unsuccessful
    Unfortunate
    Grievous
    Luckless
    Doomed
    Ill-Starred
    Unlucky
    Dreadful

Now which one SHOULD she use? Unlucky?
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,711

Paul Nuttall

'If the price of Britain is a Tory advance after taking up this patriotic cause then it is a price UKIP is prepared to pay'

I'm not sure UKIP had a choice.....
  • Options
    @abowie4WAK: So the @ScotTories have just WON Peterhead North with 1890 first pref votes! SNP lose another cllr! #council17
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    edited May 2017

Scott_P said:

@krishgm: The local election results suggest that with very little enthusiasm the UK is heading for Tory landslide and Labour existential crisis.

Maybe my old friend Krish could point us to the data that shows 'very little enthusiasm'. I don't remember him making this point in 1997.
    Plainly a partisan interpretation. Unless you interview the voters how would you know their enthusiasm? One cross in the box looks like any other.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,481

Schards said:

Almost admirable

Just delusional.
    Well she managed to get back on Jeremy Corbyn several times.

If she can manage that, she can manage this

Mind bleach is available this way ------------>
  • Options

@RobD

Oh, can you send a link? The Norfolk council website wasn't working for me.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,344
    The Notts ultra-marginal that I posted about yesterday as a test of the effectiveness of a strong Labour game game:

Kate Foale - Labour (2,051)

Trish-Roberts -Thompson - Conservative (1,269)

Sylvia Rule - Green (217)

Gav Slater - Liberal Democrat (387)

Read more at http://www.nottinghampost.com/live-updates-from-the-county-council-elections-in-nottinghamshire/story-30313347-detail/story.html#ezwUT5Jzm7ro1EU2.99

Easy win! So maybe ground game really does make a difference.
  • Options
    RobD said:

@RobD

Oh, can you send a link? The Norfolk council website wasn't working for me.
    Is

http://elections.norfolk.gov.uk/textresults.aspx

Not working for you?
  • Options

Calamitous
    Catastrophic
    Tragic
    Terrible
    Devastating
    Dreadful
    Ruinous
    Unsuccessful
    Unfortunate
    Grievous
    Luckless
    Doomed
    Ill-Starred
    Unlucky
    Dreadful

Now which one SHOULD she use? Unlucky?
    Apparently there is no connection between these results and the forthcoming GE, as we live in unconventional times. "All to play for" - Abbott.

The word I would use is "self-inflicted".
  • Options
    BBC suggesting anti-SNP tactical voting is growing
  • Options
    @jessicaelgot: Lib Dem source says Tories in the lead for the West Midlands mayoralty. Their intel is usually good.

• Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,631

notme said:

Cyan said:

Jonathan said:

FWIW when the county elections were held on the same day as the GE in 2005. The votes of county wards when summed pretty much equalled the parliamentary constituency.

Unless we have evidence for differential turnout this time, what we see today might be a good guide to next month.

Of course there is differential turnout. Tories always vote, in whatever election. There was a very low turnout yesterday. Do you think there is "evidence" that the proportion of those who would vote Tory who stayed at home and the corresponding proportion of those who would vote Labour were about equal?

No differential turnout isn't a Tory thing, it's usually against whoever is in government. Tories in , it helps labour, labour in helps conservatives. What's extraordinary is in a low turnout seven years into a Tory government and we are not seeing obliteration in local elections.
    There are lots of things going on.

Firstly, we're seven years into a Tory government, but five of those were a coalition. This has somewhat 'freshened' up the government.

Secondly, we've a new PM. Thatcher left after ten or eleven years, Blair after nine. May's leadership has also freshened up the Conservative party *before* they got into the usual policy vacuum that a party suffers in its second or third term. With the perceived toffs gone, the government looks different.

Thirdly, Brexit. This has revitalised the political scene as well, and has anecdotally (according to me!) bought non-voters out where traditional Labour voters might be staying at home.

Fourthly, Corbyn. He is the antithesis of electoral gold-dust. Electoral cholera, perhaps? People are voting Labour in spite of his leadership, not because of it.

Fifthly: UKIP are dying, and many (most?) of their voters appear to be going to the Conservatives, regardless of which party they supported before UKIP.

These are really unusual elections, and I doubt we'll ever see such a conglomeration of circumstances favouring the governing party again.
    It bears certain echoes of the 1924 election.
    I was particularly struck by this quote,
    '..It makes my blood boil to read of the way which Mr. Zinoviev is speaking of the Prime Minister today. Though one time there went up a cry, "Hands off Russia", I think it's time somebody said to Russia, "Hands off England"...'
    which bears a certain resemblance to the recent utterances of Mrs. May.

Could Labour go the way of the old Liberal party ?
  • Options
    @TheWhiteRabbit - ah, he didn't give the ward name, but the ITV website has a list! Thanks for the pointer.
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    surbiton said:

Welsh Labour are comfortably the most competent (election wise) out of the three main branches.
  • Options
    RobD said:

IanB2 said:

SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Yeah, I think you can export it even if you have view-only privilege. You can see all my crappy formulae
    LOL I'll let you know if I ever find out how to do it!
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    Scott_P said:

@jessicaelgot: Lib Dem source says Tories in the lead for the West Midlands mayoralty. Their intel is usually good.

I think this is the 'key' battle, if Labour win it, then they will have at least 'something' to cheer.
  • Options
    UKIP HAVE WON A SEAT!
  • Options
    Carswell says "It's over" for UKIP
  • Options
    @C_GMcPherson: K Leslie elected for Tories in Burntisland, Kinghorn and W Kirkcaldy. She had to apologise last month for calling Sturgeon a 'drooling hag'
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    Nuttall statement is basically we have given up, vote Tory.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    SCon surging in Fife
  • Options
    Alex Salmond reduced to saying he thinks SNP will get more votes than the tories

Expectation management right there
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    https://twitter.com/C_KAndrews/status/860439326731194368

Slagging off potential voters always works....
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,721
    MaxPB said:

Well that's not surprising, UKIP are a party that has won the biggest and most important vote that this country has held in a generation. They've won.
    Well the cause they supported won, be honest if Gove and Boris had been on the other side things would have been different.
    Cameron's decision to have a referendum vies with Labour MPs' decision to nominate Corbyn as the worst of the decade.
  • Options

@C_GMcPherson: K Leslie elected for Tories in Burntisland, Kinghorn and W Kirkcaldy. She had to apologise last month for calling Sturgeon a 'drooling hag'

LOL!!! Now an essential on all election literature....
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Big Lab to LD swings in Cambridge City. Win Chesterton, hold Market, almost win Abbey (1000 behind Labour last time)
  • Options
    @PolhomeEditor: Scottish Tory source: "The tectonic plates are shifting. The choice facing Scottish voters in future will be Nicola or Ruth."
  • Options
    RobinWiggsRobinWiggs Posts: 621
    edited May 2017
    @jessicaelgot · 4m4 minutes ago

Lib Dem source says Tories in the lead for the West Midlands mayoralty. Their intel is usually good.

I'm looking forward to Abbott eating her hostage to fortune on that one...
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    Paul mason - labour tax bombshell is a good thing....I think he is more delusional than jezza.
  • Options
    @WestSoundNews: 2 Conservative and 1 Labour councillor for Annandale East & Eskdale.
  • Options
    RobD said:

UKIP HAVE WON A SEAT!

Dunstan W & St Crispin? wtf?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Scott_P said:

@Edinburgh_CC: Results are in for Ward 3! Drum Brae/Gyle results: 3 elected
    Robert Aldridge (Lib Dem)
    Claire Bridgman (SNP)
    Mark Brown (Con)
    Turnout 52.2%

Was LD, SNP, Lab in 2012 (with Lab elected in the first round)
  • Options
    danielmawbsdanielmawbs Posts: 96
    edited May 2017

Labour out to 3.0 on bf exchange for wm mayor
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,937

What's he done now

Because May invited him.

• Options
    Oh dear

@PolhomeEditor: Alex Salmond: "By the end of today, Scotland will be the only place where the Conservatives have been beaten."

@C_KAndrews: Sen. Tory source: "Pretty confident now that we are outpolling SNP in @PerthandKinross substantially, and will be largest group on council."
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

Schards said:

Almost admirable

There is no one else
    There was a report on here last night that one of the TV channels (Sky?) had contacted 70 Labour MPs and none of them would agree to appear on TV this morning. If true it is quite a testament to the state of the Labour party.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,079

MaxPB said:

Well the cause they supported won, be honest if Gove and Boris had been on the other side things would have been different.
    Cameron's decision to have a referendum vies with Labour MPs' decision to nominate Corbyn as the worst of the decade.
    It was the timing and the way in which he pitched the idiotic 'renegotiation' that really screwed him. If he hadn't rushed it then he'd now be PM and we'd be heading towards a referendum this year in a climate that would have been much more favourable for Remain.
  • Options
    @murdo_fraser: Tory vote up 12.2% in Carse of Gowrie, SNP down 13.4%. Swing to @ScotTories of 12.8%!
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,481

NEW THREAD

• Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071

What was the apology for?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @C_RMcLaren RESULT: Kirriemuir and Dean (3 seats) - Julie Bell (SNP), Angus Macmillan Douglas (Conservatives) and Ronnie Proctor (Conservatives)

Tories gain a seat from SNP in the first Angus result with sitting Kirriemuir and Dean councillor Jeanette Gaul losing her seat.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693

Off-topic:

In other news: North Korea accuses CIA of plot to assassinate Kim Jong-un with "biochemical substances"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39815561

Worrying.

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
  • Options

What's he done now

Because May invited him.

Well he should have shown some manners
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,987
    Mr. B2, that is one way these results might actually affect the General Election vote, north of the border.

If the narrative is that the Conservatives are doing well and the Lib Dems/Labour are on their back, any unionist voting tactically will gravitate towards the blues.

That *may* happen and prove helpful in a few seats.
This discussion has been closed.