Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Latest French presidential polling has one-time odds-favourite

Comments

• Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,974
    edited February 2017

Sean_F said:

isam said:

TOPPING said:

Animal_pb said:

Sean_F said:

PlatoSaid said:

Should he be leading his Party instead? The comments say everything

Jeremy Corbyn MP
    We need Twitter to silence LGBT hate. I've just signed up to tomorrow's thunderclap to say #no2LGBTHate https://t.co/zwayMPuvwg

Jezzas will be in the doghouse there, it ain't LGBT anymore, it is at least LGBTQ these days...don't be forgetting the Queers.
    It's QUILTBAG (Questioning, Intersex, Lesbian, Transgender, Asexual, Gay).
    Seems kind of exclusive. What about Furries?
    "B"?
    Bisexual?

Poor old Cisgender's left out in the cold... again :wink:
    I suppose "I" could also stand for Incestuous.
    Would be fun to find that Jeremy had signed up to support that....

"U" could stand for Urethral Sounding or Urologia.
  • Options

John Turner from the Association of Elect Administrators says "Whatever address you are living at time of nomination is what should appear on nomination paper."

Begs the question; what does living mean.. I’ve got to say that I had a lot of sympathy with the view of the RO who challenged me; where does the candidate ordinarily with his/her(etc) family (if any).
    Perhaps address from which they ordinarily pay Council Tax and/or appear on the Electoral Register!
    For someone like Dr Nuttall I'd give him a bit of leeway, as he works abroad as well as having a family home in England.

But this is a rookie mistake.
  • Options
    AlsoIndigoAlsoIndigo Posts: 1,852
    edited February 2017
    Ishmael_Z said:

For instance, I think it is reasonably credible that Watson could be programmed to be a PB contributor and if he got away with that for a year, that would be easily as good as passing a Turing test.

Of course, this may already have happened...

I wrote a markov-chain version of Flightpath last year some time, I wondered if anyone noticed ;)

https://goo.gl/KaKNYd

• Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    isam said:

Gareth Snell's Ratners moment... it was always going to happen, Glad I didn't go all in on Labour

Still 50/50 in my book

Gill Troughton is straight though.

Finding Snell's deleted tweets is actually fairly easy. look at his followers, find one who is another Stoke Labour party member and look for retweets.

• Options
    David_EvershedDavid_Evershed Posts: 6,506
    edited February 2017
    The problem was Root falling behind the run rate and his inability to hit the ball hard enough and high enough to penetrate the field and score boundaries.

Consequently Root was out attempting an impossible shot as were the others that followed him and were put in the position of having to score at 14 runs an over. The result was the England batsmen having to go for impossible shots off decent bowling.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    edited February 2017

Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

Crick is stoking the flames.
    Stoke has gone potty over the byelection!

All the publicity over Nuttall will highlight his carpetbagging.

In other UKIP news:

https://twitter.com/TotalPolitics/status/826832176700387328
    Is halfwit status a key criteria for becoming an MEP? Looking at the three in the photo, the evidence is quite clear.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,063

John Turner from the Association of Elect Administrators says "Whatever address you are living at time of nomination is what should appear on nomination paper."

Begs the question; what does living mean.. I’ve got to say that I had a lot of sympathy with the view of the RO who challenged me; where does the candidate ordinarily with his/her(etc) family (if any).
    Perhaps address from which they ordinarily pay Council Tax and/or appear on the Electoral Register!
    For someone like Dr Nuttall I'd give him a bit of leeway, as he works abroad as well as having a family home in England.

But this is a rookie mistake.
    Family home is fine.
    Wondering about it was why I went to the RO well before the closing date.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,002
    edited February 2017

isam said:

Gareth Snell's Ratners moment... it was always going to happen, Glad I didn't go all in on Labour

Still 50/50 in my book

Finding Snell's deleted tweets is actually fairly easy. look at his followers, find one who is another Stoke Labour party member and look for retweets.

Thanks.. yeah I did that vis his wife, but there was nothing that bad. Glad someone else found them though, what a prat.

Half the reason I didn't stand for UKIP in the end was I knew I would be confronted with Enoch Powell quotes from here (even though isam isn't my real name!)
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    For all of you tempted to think Trump is either insane or an idiot, this piece is essential reading:

https://news.pub.mediadc.com/wta/display.php?M=45345363&C=a40869c54ad5becf8a09f481e1b34cdc&E=mttrevan%40infionline.net&L=2048&N=5215&S=70147&AGENCY=AB

Do click on the links and watch the video clips of the Democrats' Candidate Forum. It is jaw to the floor stuff.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,144

This is the kind of 'mistake' I'd expect from Winston Mckenzie

Aw, bless. Who is he with these days? Quebec Nationalists?

Actually, he could resurrect the Bus Pass Elvis Party...
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,974

Lib Dem I believe.
  • Options

To fair to Winston, he would be lucky to remember which party he is even standing for these days.
  • Options

Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

In other UKIP news:

Why is he accusing the Invisible Man in seat 122 of lying to us?
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

In other UKIP news:

Why is he accusing the Invisible Man in seat 122 of lying to us?
    Perhaps he is demonstrating the Cretan paradox...
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Lib Dem I believe.
    Dear God. And they are trumpeting their increased membership? Hahahahaha!
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

King Filip of Belgium launches attack on UK and US.

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english/News/1.2879830

"2016 is a year that we will remember as the year in which two great friends decided to focus their policies chiefly upon themselves.... They seem to wish to turn the course of history - and this conflicts with their own traditions of openness and generosity, of joining our common dream and commitment."

The King of the Belgians speaks.

The world pauses - wonders if that noise it heard was a mouse farting - and goes about its business...
    This is more than 50% of the problem with the EU, that politicians from proper nations busy themselves with national politics, and those from toy countries gravitate to the eu because nothing interesting enough happens at home.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,822

King Filip of Belgium launches attack on UK and US.

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english/News/1.2879830

"2016 is a year that we will remember as the year in which two great friends decided to focus their policies chiefly upon themselves.... They seem to wish to turn the course of history - and this conflicts with their own traditions of openness and generosity, of joining our common dream and commitment."

The King of the Belgians speaks.

The world pauses - wonders if that noise it heard was a mouse farting - and goes about its business...
    The legacy of the Belgian monarchy - in Rwanda and the Congo - is not a glorious one.

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990

Sean_F said:

Lib Dem I believe.
    Wikipedia has him down as an English Democrat, not a Lib Dem.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Labour MPs who believe in the EU ought to vote with their consciences to stay in. It was toe-curling watching Keir Starmer's speech yesterday.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    God Emperor TrumpPOTUS vs the UN should be entertaining.
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

Still 50/50 in my book

Thanks.. yeah I did that vis his wife, but there was nothing that bad. Glad someone else found them though, what a prat.

Half the reason I didn't stand for UKIP in the end was I knew I would be confronted with Enoch Powell quotes from here (even though isam isn't my real name!)
    Sure, he is a bit of a prat, but I didn't think his tweets that bad.

I don't think either byelection will be dominated by Brexit. That is a done deal and the electorate has moved back to more mundane issues.

What does UKIP offer the people of Stoke that Mays Conservatives do not? I think the Tories are too long there, particularly if the carpetbagger kipper is off the ballot.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,956

Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

Crick's worried. The wretched Snell can't be going over at the doorstep.
    I've just seen the old tweets on Guido.

Terrible choice by Labour. Absolutely terrible.

They couldn't find a Leaver in Stoke? REALLY?
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    http://www.6towns.co.uk/2017/01/stoke-central-by-election-who-would-you-vote-for/

lol.

Can you guess where David Furness from "British National Party Local People First" lives?
  • Options
    Miss JGP, good evening.

I see the King of Belgium lacks the marvellous restraint of our own splendid monarch.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Whatever the cost, it is quite clear self drive cars are now within touching distance, and they will annihilate vast sectors of employment.

Quite scary. Also exciting (if you're not a cabbie, Uber dude, truck driver, etc)

" it is quite clear self drive cars are now within touching distance,"

No, it isn't clear. In the same way the Turing Test is nowhere near being passed.
    IIRC, you're the guy that used to argue with me, on here, that I was deluded in thinking that computers would ever master translation. Oops.
    They haven't 'mastered' it, although they've improve more than I thought they would. And besides, that's a very different problem domain with radically different consequences of failure.

But if we're in that sort of mood, you're the guy, a few weeks ago, who said that the Turing test was nearly passed ... :)
    You're hopeless. The Turing test had been passed, in all kinds of ways

https://sciencealert.com/these-artificial-cells-are-not-alive-but-they-just-passed-the-turing-test

http://robohub.org/mits-ai-passes-turing-test-for-sound/

I'll try and make it easier for you, by posing the question in simpler terms.

Imagine you have an eight year old daughter, and she says "Daddy Daddy I want to learn languages, so that in ten years time I can have a job as a translator!"

What would you say to her? Well, of course. As a good and decent Father you'd firmly steer her away from that option, Likewise, her Plan B - "becoming a truck driver'.

And on this clairvoyant note, night night from sultry Bangkok
    My daughter is still at the 'I want to be a unicorn when I grow up' stage
  • Options
    Charles said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Whatever the cost, it is quite clear self drive cars are now within touching distance, and they will annihilate vast sectors of employment.

Quite scary. Also exciting (if you're not a cabbie, Uber dude, truck driver, etc)

No, it isn't clear. In the same way the Turing Test is nowhere near being passed.
    IIRC, you're the guy that used to argue with me, on here, that I was deluded in thinking that computers would ever master translation. Oops.
    They haven't 'mastered' it, although they've improve more than I thought they would. And besides, that's a very different problem domain with radically different consequences of failure.

But if we're in that sort of mood, you're the guy, a few weeks ago, who said that the Turing test was nearly passed ... :)

https://sciencealert.com/these-artificial-cells-are-not-alive-but-they-just-passed-the-turing-test

Imagine you have an eight year old daughter, and she says "Daddy Daddy I want to learn languages, so that in ten years time I can have a job as a translator!"

What would you say to her? Well, of course. As a good and decent Father you'd firmly steer her away from that option, Likewise, her Plan B - "becoming a truck driver'.

I'm still at that stage too.
  • Options
    Pong said:

http://www.6towns.co.uk/2017/01/stoke-central-by-election-who-would-you-vote-for/

lol.

Can you guess where David Furness from "British National Party Local People First" lives?

Nelson Mandela House?
  • Options
    So, to re-cap on Stoke, the leading contenders are:
    Labour, who've selected a candidate with a whole sheaf of discoverable "deplorables" tweets; and
    UKIP, whose candidate (as seems to be their norm) is too incompetent to fill in nomination forms properly.

Betting on this is like watching a boxing match and trying to figure out which of the idiot sluggers is going to knock themselves out first.
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    edited February 2017
    AnneJGP said:

SeanT said:

welshowl said:

The interesting thing is are you in charge of it, or is it in charge of it? Difference being if it's in charge of it you could presumably be as drunk as a skunk on the way back from the pub and all would be well. Bad day for taxis is that.

Yes, the car is in charge. You just have to slur your address. It will be great for pubs - no more worries about drink driving. But terrible news for cabbies and Uber drivers, as you say.

I reckon a personal car driver will eventually become a status symbol for the very rich, like a butler. Otherwise cars and buses as we know them will go extinct, as the horse and carriage did, before.
    Cheap, and sustainable, no buses or taxis - how about trains? Personal conveyances a necessity. Each child has one to get to school?

All the extra vehicles will need to be parked somewhere. Parking is difficult enough now, without every single person having their own individual vehicle.

Good evening, everyone.
    AIUI the predicted model is that once your self-driving car has dropped you at your workplace, it either goes back home or heads off to a big out-of-town car park, or you hire it out to Uber or Lyft and it goes around doing taxi runs until you need it to go home. Indeed, some forecast that there'd be little point for most people to own a driverless car, it'd be cheaper for most people to just call one from Uber/Lyft/etc. There would still be a peak demand at rush hour, and possibly that could be met by ride-sharing.

But, everyone will now say, people like having their own car because everyone hates sharing public transport with the great unwashed, however it would be possible to group together with people you know and like (or at least broadly don't object to): friends, neighbours, workmates, who are making the same sort of commute as you.

Personally I wouldn't quite expect all the cabbies etc to be on the dole queue *quite* yet as there are still a lot of edge cases the AI drivers can't cope with very well, and after a few well publicised fatal accidents with truly driverless cars there'll probably be a lot of public pressure to require the cars to have controls and whoever is in that seat to be a licenced driver, at least for a few years. (A situation not unlike the Red Flag Act.) I've heard that those working in the field reckon we're still a generation away from cars that can truly be completely automatic even when no people are inside them.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    edited February 2017
    Charles said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Give it 15-20 years and there might be more unicorns jobs going than many traditional careers.
  • Options
    So... Lib Dems gain Stoke?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    SeanT said:

Jesus FUCKING Christ PB-ers are THICK.

This is how it works. Driverless cars are all linked to one system. Because they are computers. They will be instructed to slow down or speed up by Overall Traffic Control as and when traffic demands, the way human drivers are told to slow down or speed up on motorways - but humans are unreliable, computers always obey.

Really ? And then they enter a network blackspot (of which there are many in modern first world cities, never mind the third world) what do they do pray tell ? The plan is not for SkyNet for this very reason, Driverless cars are going to be AUTONOMOUS for the foreseeable future, not to mention network latency is far too high for real time safety critical decisions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_car
  • Options
    Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414

... which is Leave central, I gather.

Next!
  • Options
    RobD said:

Sean_F said:

Lib Dem I believe.
    Wikipedia has him down as an English Democrat, not a Lib Dem.
    Mr McKenzie, a former boxer, is famed for having joined every major political party in the UK but never winning an election.

He most recently stood for Ukip in the 2012 Croydon North by-election, receiving 6 per cent of the vote.
  • Options

Next!
    Wasn't Sunderland 'Leave Central'?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    SeanT said:

This is how it works. Driverless cars are all linked to one system. Because they are computers. They will be instructed to slow down or speed up by Overall Traffic Control as and when traffic demands, the way human drivers are told to slow down or speed up on motorways - but humans are unreliable, computers always obey.

That would be the sensible Chinese style grant plan, but if it was the case there wouldn't have needed to be the $100's million spent in research over the past 5 years. Computers controlling a car has been solved for donkeys years. All the effort over the past 5-10 years has all been focused about the car being able to adapt to uncertain and changing environments and what do to when something really odd happens like a tramp wearing stilts riding a unicycle decides to ride up the middle of one way street the wrong way.
  • Options
    So of the final two :
    Le Pen 35%
    A N Other 65%
  • Options
    Mr. Rex, we've already had that vote. If Leave is split or stays at home, and Remain turns away from Labour, the Lib Dems could win. No idea how likely that is, but *someone* has to win.

There's a unicorn in The Witcher 3. But it's rather NSFW.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,077
    If he cuts their money , the big salaries and huge expenses are out the window. They may want to watch what they wish for.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    SeanT said:

Cyclefree said:

If people are still driving but in driverless - and apparently much cheaper - cars, how will traffic problems have been solved?

There will probably be advances in pollution control. That is a good thing. But a bit of healthy scepticism is in order. Remember when diesel cars were seen as the answer to our pollution issues?

This will, by itself, immeasurably improve traffic in cities. Your driverless car will work out the best way to your destination, that maximises traffic flow FOR EVERYONE.

Driverless cars are electric = no pollution. Roads will be emptier without all the crap that goes with human cars, petrol stations etc. Driverless cars are much smaller, because no drivers = again emptier roads. On and on and on. There won't be parked cars clogging roads, almost no one will have private cars, the way no one has a carriage and horses today, or stables in the mews.

I often forget that the mental age of PB is 82.

At least they know how to work the comments system
  • Options
    RobD said:

TOPPING said:

RobD said:

TOPPING said:

RobD said:

Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

In other UKIP news:

That really is childish behaviour from the other MEP.
    Why's he still shouting? He's won, hasn't he??
    According to the article, they weren't debating Brexit.
    So what? What's he doing in the European Parliament at all?
    As we keep getting told, we are still members of the EU, and with that comes rights and responsibilities.
    Didn't seem to bother him that much before.

'Nigel Farage has the lowest voting attendance record of any active MEP in the European Parliament.'

http://tinyurl.com/hku7bao

Nice though that he's wearing a Trump badge, like the simpering wee fanboy that he is.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    SeanT said:

Cyclefree said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Cyclefree said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Whatevne security hack away from joining the Microsoft Zune.

No, theckly.
    No doubt. But there are downsides even to technologies of the future.

Look at email: all those things set down which should have been said not recorded electronically. There are bankers in prison ruing the day they ever used email or chat or text etc.

Personally, I like driving. I enjoy being in control in my own space with my own music. I like having a beautiful looking car. I hate being a passenger.
    I agree. Imanure, and pure finders, and livery, and coaching inns.
    I’m still mind-boggl;ing over a mix of driverless cars and motor-si taxis in Bangkok.
    These thioblems, and most of your traffic problems. Miraculous.
    If people are still driving but in driverless - and apparently much cheaper - cars, how will traffic problems have been solved?

There will probably be advances in pollution control. That is a good thing. But a bit of healthy scepticism is in order. Remember when diesel cars were seen as the answer to our pollution issues?

This will, by itself, immeasurably improve traffic in cities. Your driverless car will work out the best way to your destination, that maximises traffic flow FOR EVERYONE.

Driverless cars are electric = no pollution. Roads will be emptier without all the crap that goes with human cars, petrol stations etc. Driverless cars are much smaller, because no drivers = again emptier roads. On and on and on. There won't be parked cars clogging roads, almost no one will have private cars, the way no one has a carriage and horses today, or stables in the mews.

I often forget that the mental age of PB is 82.

While, in principle, I agree with you, I think you are significantly underestimating the difficulties involved.
    I would however be very surprised indeed if the majority of cars and not self-driving within a decade and a half - and there will be plenty of jurisdictions where it's simply illegal to drive yourself.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    The true test of an AI, the blockquote.
  • Options

Charles said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

I'm still at that stage too.
    Youtube "Charlie the magic unicorn" and you will quickly see why that is a bad idea!
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    RobD said:

There was a glitch in the matrix on the remedial physics thread...
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

If he cuts their money , the big salaries and huge expenses are out the window. They may want to watch what they wish for.
    If he cuts their money, the UN is dead, the US pays for over half the cost of the whole operation, and Trump isn't the sort of president to see much value in the UN. If they were smart they would keep very quiet over the next 4-8 years and hope he doesnt notice the 4ish billion dollars the US throws them every year.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    RobD said:

No chance....at least 50 years away ;-)

Interestingly I was watching a talk from Google about code formatting / commenting and the guy basically said that the automated system Google use internally is superior to the vast majority of manual formatting produced by humans within Google and thus it isn't encouraged.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,956
    Pong said:

lol.

Ealing by the looks of it.
  • Options

RobD said:

TOPPING said:

RobD said:

TOPPING said:

RobD said:

Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

In other UKIP news:

As we keep getting told, we are still members of the EU, and with that comes rights and responsibilities.

'Nigel Farage has the lowest voting attendance record of any active MEP in the European Parliament.'

Nice though that he's wearing a Trump badge, like the simpering wee fanboy that he is.
    Yet his constituents keep voting UKIP in.
  • Options
  • Options
    RobD said:

You mean only AIs can consistently use it correctly ?
  • Options

twitter.com/europeelects/status/826844690532143104

So of the final two :
    Le Pen 35%
    A N Other 65%
    Not quite...

twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/826844807943319552
    Popcorn time?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Well even those at the back of the queue eventually get a hearing...
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Took em how long? :D
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Pong said:

lol.

Ealing by the looks of it.
    In a constituency far, far away....
  • Options

malcolmg said:

If he cuts their money, the UN is dead, the US pays for over half the cost of the whole operation, and Trump isn't the sort of president to see much value in the UN. If they were smart they would keep very quiet over the next 4-8 years and hope he doesnt notice the 4ish billion dollars the US throws them every year.
    Exactly , and he will not think hard about it either
  • Options
    RobD said:

Scott_P said:
    Must have been a long 24 hours for them, so glad we are special
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

TOPPING said:

RobD said:

TOPPING said:

RobD said:

Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

In other UKIP news:

Ah well, at least we've moved swiftly on from rights and responsibilities.
  • Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956

Next!
    Wasn't Sunderland 'Leave Central'?
    Boston was Leave Central, taking inspiration from its transatlantic counterpart in 1773.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

The reason the League of Nations failed was American isolationism.

• Options
    The Greens are going to vote through the SNP budget to avoid being voted out if they forced an election
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

TOPPING said:

RobD said:

TOPPING said:

RobD said:

Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

In other UKIP news:

Ah well, at least we've moved swiftly on from rights and responsibilities.
    Are MEPs actually compelled to attend?
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

Still 50/50 in my book

I don't think either byelection will be dominated by Brexit. That is a done deal and the electorate has moved back to more mundane issues.

What does UKIP offer the people of Stoke that Mays Conservatives do not? I think the Tories are too long there, particularly if the carpetbagger kipper is off the ballot.
    Well I agree that the Conservatives would be shorter if 47% of the market is kept off the ballot :smiley:

• Options

malcolmg said:

That turned out well...
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

SeanT said:

Really ? And then they enter a network blackspot (of which there are many in modern first world cities, never mind the third world) what do they do pray tell ? The plan is not for SkyNet for this very reason, Driverless cars are going to be AUTONOMOUS for the foreseeable future, not to mention network latency is far too high for real time safety critical decisions.

The car drives itself, but the network is used to co-ordinate overall speeds and routes.

• Options
    Scott_P said:

The Greens are going to vote through the SNP budget to avoid being voted out if they forced an election

Not much faith in their message there then......
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Sounds like the SNP have a nice pet!
  • Options
    FernandoFernando Posts: 145
    Perhaps May had a quiet word with Trump and helped our EU partners out of a potentially difficult situation.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

RobD said:

Scott_P said:
    Must have been a long 24 hours for them, so glad we are special

More alternative facts…

https://newrepublic.com/article/140286/trump-ignored-obamas-adviceand-now-hes-world-trouble
    Trump officials called the immigration order a huge success and then contradicted themselves by blaming the chaos on Trump policy adviser Stephen Miller. After meeting with Trump and a number of other White House sources this weekend, Joe Scarborough reported that Miller was able to single-handedly rock the conscience of the world because Trump has done nothing to establish an orderly and lawful process.

“It was Stephen Miller sitting in the White House saying, ‘We’re not going to go to the other agencies. We’re not going to talk to the lawyers. We’re going to do this all alone,’” Scarborough said on Morning Joe. “And I’ll just say it right here, and reporting will bear this out, you’ve got a very young person in the White House on a power trip thinking that you can just write executive orders and tell all of your cabinet agencies to go to hell.”…

…Heeding Obama’s advice might have helped Trump avoid making an obvious and monumental error, but Trump either lacks the capacity to run the government in an orderly fashion or intentionally discarded Obama’s recommendations, or both. When reality quickly asserted itself, as Obama promised it would, Trump claimed (out of ignorance or malicious dishonesty) that he was merely reprising “ what President Obama did in 2011 when he banned visas for refugees from Iraq for six months”—a “ban” that quite literally never happened
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

It would also make a great location for a Trump Hotel. Truly.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

History repeats itself .... at least this time will be farce!
  • Options
    RobD said:

Scott_P said:

Jealous?

'Were the Scottish Tories right to back the SNP budget?'

https://tinyurl.com/zbzpkp2
  • Options
    RobD said:

https://twitter.com/agentp22/status/826816596924588032
  • Options
    edited February 2017

RobD said:

Scott_P said:

Jealous?

Then how would there have been an election, as it would have passed easily?

Edit: ah, old news. ;)
  • Options
    RobD said:

Scott_P said:

They were all cra***ng it and praying someone else would blink first.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

It would also make a great location for a Trump Hotel. Truly.
    Be at fire sale price as well.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    edited February 2017
    The Macron-Fillon dynamic works against Le Pen in the first round - whoever of those two wins will be sufficiently popular in the second round to win. In fact the VI required 41-59 poll for Fillon probably sees him (Via Bayes and whatnot) lose to Macron in the first round.

I've got those two dutched against Le Pen currently, with a comedy saver on Sarko.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,271
    edited February 2017
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Scott_P said:

Jealous?

Eh? In what sense would the the 2009 budget have passed easily?
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

Scott_P said:

Jealous?

Eh? In what sense would the the 2009 budget have passed easily?
    Thought you were referring to this one.
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Still 50/50 in my book

Well I agree that the Conservatives would be shorter if 47% of the market is kept off the ballot :smiley:

I think that Tories will be second, ahead of the kippers.
  • Options
    I see both Farage and Doc Nuttall have fallen foul of European Parliament regulations and may well have to pay back considerable sums.
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Still 50/50 in my book

I think that Tories will be second, ahead of the kippers.
    Want to bet?
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Er no, it was because Japan, Germany and the Soviet Union walked out.
  • Options

I see both Farage and Doc Nuttall have fallen foul of European Parliament regulations and may well have to pay back considerable sums.

The EU's revenge...
  • Options
    edited February 2017

malcolmg said:

It would also seem to be because 191 other members are too cheap to pay a proper percentage of the running costs. 39 of which are paying on just over $25,000 each per year in total, less than they probably pay for the private school fees for the kids of one of their ministers.

Things are not helped by the countries that pay the 2% of the costs between them are able to out vote the budget proposals set out by the countries that pay the other 98%
  • Options

The EU's revenge...
    The UK's exit leaves a far bigger black hole.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    I thought it was the Greens who recycled old crap?
  • Options

SeanT said:

The car drives itself, but the network is used to co-ordinate overall speeds and routes.

and when you are not able to get on the network, as in quite a lot of spots in rural areas, and most areas outside tourist areas and cities in the third world, they will have to do it all on their own.
  • Options
    Sean Spicer up shortly....sure it will go swimmingly.
  • Options

SeanT said:

and when you are not able to get on the network, as in quite a lot of spots in rural areas, and most areas outside tourist areas and cities in the third world, they will have to do it all on their own.

Agreed, but the areas without network coverage are generally quieter so it isn't so important there to know about traffic etc.

• Options
    Heavy losses feared as The Guardian forecasts it will burn £90m in cash this year

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/02/01/heavy-losses-feared-guardian-forecasts-will-burn-90m-cash-year/
  • Options
    isam said:

Scott_P said:
    I thought it was the Greens who recycled old crap?
    OC2, innit?

• Options

Heavy losses feared as The Guardian forecasts it will burn £90m in cash this year

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/02/01/heavy-losses-feared-guardian-forecasts-will-burn-90m-cash-year/

Doesn't look like their tax haven will save them!
  • Options

SeanT said:

Agreed, but the areas without network coverage are generally quieter so it isn't so important there to know about traffic etc.

Absolutely. I was just observing that SeanT's skynet rant may have been a little.... ill advised ;)
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    Scott_P said:
    Juppe was banned for 10 years for corruption, later reduced to 1 year.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/dec/02/france.ameliagentleman

Would be odd if Fillon was replaced by him.
This discussion has been closed.