Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Latest French presidential polling has one-time odds-favourite

Comments

• Options

SeanT said:

Whatever the cost, it is quite clear self drive cars are now within touching distance, and they will annihilate vast sectors of employment.

Quite scary. Also exciting (if you're not a cabbie, Uber dude, truck driver, etc)

" it is quite clear self drive cars are now within touching distance,"

No, it isn't clear. In the same way the Turing Test is nowhere near being passed.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-27762088
    But it was bollocks...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/06/10/world_to_captain_cyborg_youre_rumbled/
    Fake news has been around for longer than we thought ;)
    How long has the Sunday Sport being going?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,146
    SeanT said:

Imagine you have an eight year old daughter, and she says "Daddy Daddy I want to learn languages, so that in ten years time I can have a job as a translator!"

Knowledge of foreign languages is about far more than the ability to translate or even to communicate. It's a kind of weight training for the mind.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125
    Ishmael_Z said:

SeanT said:

ON-topic I just watched a Fox News report on self drive cars. Google have got a new version. The Fox News lady inside said it scared her - but no one died.

Google told Fox they expect these cars to be widely on sale within 6 years, or less.

Cost? The basic model is $2000

Yes, two thousand dollars. For a car that will safely and automatically drive you around urban streets. Electric and sustainable. $2000.

This is a revolution and it will be here within 6 years. It's gonna destroy tens of thousands of jobs, from the off, it will eventually destroy millions of jobs.

I've no doubt we will find alternative ways to give people work, but, Wow.

With the greatest respect, two words: Im. Possible. That is a car costing two smartphones, when a car needs much more processing power than two phones, plus wheels and motors and a roof and sides and such. $20 000 would be only slightly less incredible.

Unless I am wrong, in which case apols.
    Entirely possible that by this time of the afternoon Sean t is muddling his zeros.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,227
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Whatever the cost, it is quite clear self drive cars are now within touching distance, and they will annihilate vast sectors of employment.

Quite scary. Also exciting (if you're not a cabbie, Uber dude, truck driver, etc)

The thing is, driverless cars are one security hack away from joining the Microsoft Zune.
    No, they're not. Driverless cars are clearly the future, the way email was clearly the future in the early 1990s.

A technology so transformative, quicker, superior and less wasteful than its predecessor it will become universal very quickly.
    No doubt. But there are downsides even to technologies of the future.

Look at email: all those things set down which should have been said not recorded electronically. There are bankers in prison ruing the day they ever used email or chat or text etc.

Personally, I like driving. I enjoy being in control in my own space with my own music. I like having a beautiful looking car. I hate being a passenger.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,063

SeanT said:

Imagine you have an eight year old daughter, and she says "Daddy Daddy I want to learn languages, so that in ten years time I can have a job as a translator!"

Knowledge of foreign languages is about far more than the ability to translate or even to communicate. It's a kind of weight training for the mind.
    Has anyone else here tried to have a conversation using Google translate?
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760
    Gareth Snell is up shit creek! As a normal member of the public with a decent job I wouldn't dream of writing anything like that on social media. It's incredible that a councillor or PPC could be that stupid.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    isam said:

Pong said:

Michael Crick might have saved me nearly a grand.

If UKIP are out, does it mean a clear win for Labour, or possibly a big upset?

The Lib Dems should do some bar charts of the top 2 from the 2010 result.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/constituency/e47.stm
    Clear Lab win. Although the tories might have a chance....

I'm not convinced Nuttall is ineligible though.
    If the details are as claimed then he is certainly ineligible. That doesn't mean he won't be on the ballot though, just that the matter would have to be taken to an election court afterwards.
    That would be the best result for UKIP I think, better than winning and not being taken to court. It would fuel their claim that the establishment is against them and the will of the people.
    "the establishment is against them and the will of the people."

It's pretty simple.

When you stand for election to parliament, you have to provide your address.

Not someone elses address. Not a fictional address.

Your address.

The one where you live.

It's not a conspiracy.
  • Options
    Kay Burley has to be one of the most ignorant and rudest news presenters I have ever seen on TV. She has no clue about her subject and so makes do by just talking over people.
  • Options
    We all know what usually happens next when someone says this.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

The thing is, driverless cars are one security hack away from joining the Microsoft Zune.
    No, they're not. Driverless cars are clearly the future, the way email was clearly the future in the early 1990s.

A technology so transformative, quicker, superior and less wasteful than its predecessor it will become universal very quickly.
    Quite and when did an e-mail ever get hacke......oh...wait....
  • Options

We all know what usually happens next when someone says this.
    The chairman has full confidence....
  • Options
    Pong said:

isam said:

Pong said:

If the details are as claimed then he is certainly ineligible. That doesn't mean he won't be on the ballot though, just that the matter would have to be taken to an election court afterwards.
    That would be the best result for UKIP I think, better than winning and not being taken to court. It would fuel their claim that the establishment is against them and the will of the people.

It's pretty simple.

Your address.

The one where you live.

It's not a conspiracy.
    Nope. Its almost normal for UKIP.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,002
    edited February 2017
    Pong said:

isam said:

Pong said:

It's pretty simple.

Your address.

The one where you live.

It's not a conspiracy.
    No need to get smart with me about it, I am just saying how I think the public/normal people will view it.

People on here think the Supreme Court decision was a great thing, normal people think it stinks.
  • Options

SeanT said:

Yes. It didn't end very well.
    I found that if you keep your sentences short and simple it isn't too bad.
    Try a bit of nuance and then the problems start.

• Options

Kay Burley has to be one of the most ignorant and rudest news presenters I have ever seen on TV. She has no clue about her subject and so makes do by just talking over people.

You've only just realised?
  • Options
    King Cole, there was a video of using suchlike to translate the lyrics of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air's theme tune into one language, and back again, repeatedly. Here we are:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMkJuDVJdTw
  • Options

SeanT said:

Oh yes. It is truly dire. :-)
  • Options
    Pong said:

isam said:

Pong said:

It's pretty simple.

Your address.

The one where you live.

It's not a conspiracy.
    Sorry, come late to this, although admittedly I made a comment upthread. Do I gather that Doc Niuttall has given a false address?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Pong said:

isam said:

Pong said:

It's pretty simple.

Your address.

The one where you live.

It's not a conspiracy.
    No need to get smart with me about it, I am just saying how I think the public/normal people will view it.

People on here think the Supreme Court decision was a great thing, normal people think it stinks.
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

SeanT said:

No, it isn't clear. In the same way the Turing Test is nowhere near being passed.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-27762088
    After Deep Blue/Kasparov in 1997 people were saying chess is easy-peasy, Go won't be cracked for decades - and it was, in a whisker under 2 decades. I have never thought the Turing test all that interesting or important - all Turing really did was invent conversations by email in a thought experiment, which I suppose was quite clever, but I would be very wary of making predictions about the test. If you look at Watson winning Jeopardy, you have to be a bit worried. For instance, I think it is reasonably credible that Watson could be programmed to be a PB contributor and if he got away with that for a year, that would be easily as good as passing a Turing test.

Of course, this may already have happened...
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Should he be leading his Party instead? The comments say everything

Jeremy Corbyn MP
    We need Twitter to silence LGBT hate. I've just signed up to tomorrow's thunderclap to say #no2LGBTHate https://t.co/zwayMPuvwg

How can twitter help if you're being beaten up outside a gay bar?
  • Options
    England have lost 7 wickets for 8 runs.

Fecking shambles.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990
    edited February 2017

twitter.com/MichaelLCrick/status/826832318253895680

Oh, so the address was of a property he owned but didn't live in? That's less bad (from an eligibility standpoint)
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Cyclefree said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Look at email: all those things set down which should have been said not recorded electronically. There are bankers in prison ruing the day they ever used email or chat or text etc.

Personally, I like driving. I enjoy being in control in my own space with my own music. I like having a beautiful looking car. I hate being a passenger.
    I agree. I like driving, I like owning a car, I like speeding down an empty road, the sense of freedom and autonomy.

Similarly, I liked keeping letters from people I loved. And no doubt there were people who loved a horse and carriage, and the culture that went with it. Some authors still prefer typewriters to laptops, others prefer longhand.

But in each case there is a vastly superior beneficial tech which will just overwhelm.

Think of the benefits of electric, driverless cars in London. No fumes, no pollution, no drives, no garages,no worries about parking, no need for petrol stations, no need for tyre shops - they will all go the way of horse manure, and pure finders, and livery, and coaching inns.
    I’m still mind-boggl;ing over a mix of driverless cars and motor-si taxis in Bangkok.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    edited February 2017
    PlatoSaid said:

Jeremy Corbyn MP
    We need Twitter to silence LGBT hate. I've just signed up to tomorrow's thunderclap to say #no2LGBTHate https://t.co/zwayMPuvwg

Jezzas will be in the doghouse there, it ain't LGBT anymore, it is at least LGBTQ these days...don't be forgetting the Queers.
  • Options
    felix said:

PlatoSaid said:

Jeremy Corbyn MP

Helped in The Village.

With everyone* now owning a smart phone, people took pictures of an assault, the picture of the perpetrator was shared and helped track him down.

*Well not everyone.
  • Options

Fecking shambles.

You are far too polite.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Oh, so the address was of a property he owned but didn't live in? That's less bad (from an eligibility standpoint)
    Is Nuttall a buy-to-let landlord?
  • Options
    So we lost our last 8 wickets for 8 runs.

Great shower of shite.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    So Nuttall does live there

...and the Labour candidate is calling the voters racists
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    OUT OUT OUT
    OUT OUT OUT
    OUT
  • Options

Fecking shambles.

You are far too polite.
    It’s all over now. Shambles. All credit to Chahal, though!
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Jezzas will be in the doghouse there, it ain't LGBT anymore, it is at least LGBTQ these days...don't be forgetting the Queers.

Q is for questioning, you homophobe. :)
  • Options

RobD said:

Is Nuttall a buy-to-let landlord?
    Oh, it says "To Let" on the sign. Wonder if he is just renting? :D
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,956
    Another Crick non story?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    edited February 2017

Q is for questioning, you homophobe. :)
    I believe it can be either (checks wikipedia...say so...must be right :-) )....And of course now we should be referring to this groups as LGBTIQ(+).
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,974
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Driving is useful as a way of keeping one's mind active.
  • Options

felix said:

PlatoSaid said:

Jeremy Corbyn MP

Helped in The Village.

With everyone* now owning a smart phone, people took pictures of an assault, the picture of the perpetrator was shared and helped track him down.

*Well not everyone.
    So - no necessarily twitter and not much use in healing smashed up faces, etc. Apart from that. Great.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,594
    edited February 2017
    Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

Nope, because is it really his current home?
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,075
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

IIRC, you're the guy that used to argue with me, on here, that I was deluded in thinking that computers would ever master translation. Oops.
    They haven't 'mastered' it, although they've improve more than I thought they would. And besides, that's a very different problem domain with radically different consequences of failure.

But if we're in that sort of mood, you're the guy, a few weeks ago, who said that the Turing test was nearly passed ... :)
    You're hopeless. The Turing test had been passed, in all kinds of ways

https://sciencealert.com/these-artificial-cells-are-not-alive-but-they-just-passed-the-turing-test

http://robohub.org/mits-ai-passes-turing-test-for-sound/

I'll try and make it easier for you, by posing the question in simpler terms.

What would you say to her? Well, of course. As a good and decent Father you'd firmly steer her away from that option, Likewise, her Plan B - "becoming a truck driver'.

And on this clairvoyant note, night night from sultry Bangkok
    No, no, no. You need to apply some (need I say it) intelligence to this. Please read those links and work out why you're being a bit silly.

As for your question: I'd say go for it. Learn a language. If you love it, do it; besides, most people I know who did a degree in one topic ended up working in another area. Concentrate on learning the language, but learn widely.

If your daughter wanted to be a painter, would you discourage her?
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,403
    isam said:

Pong said:

isam said:

Pong said:

It's pretty simple.

Your address.

The one where you live.

It's not a conspiracy.

If so, it's because "normal people" - who they? - don't understand it. But I'm a normal person and I understand it; you sound like a fairly normal person also. Do you understand it?
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

At least he's out looking!
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

isam said:

Pong said:

isam said:

Pong said:

It's pretty simple.

Your address.

The one where you live.

It's not a conspiracy.

If so, it's because "normal people" - who they? - don't understand it. But I'm a normal person and I understand it; you sound like a fairly normal person also. Do you understand it?
    We'e part of the PB elite, don't you know?
  • Options

Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

Nope, because is it really his main home?
    If you rented somewhere out just to pretend to be a 'local' candidate, that would be dishonest, wouldn't it?
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @JGForsyth: From a 119-2 to 127 all out in three overs and one ball, that’s a collapse even by English cricketing standards
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

isam said:

Pong said:

isam said:

Pong said:

It's pretty simple.

Your address.

The one where you live.

It's not a conspiracy.

Sorry I am using "normal" in this context as "not politically obsessed enough to post on here"
  • Options

PlatoSaid said:

Jeremy Corbyn MP

It's QUILTBAG (Questioning, Intersex, Lesbian, Transgender, Asexual, Gay).
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited February 2017

Pong said:

isam said:

Pong said:

It's pretty simple.

Your address.

The one where you live.

It's not a conspiracy.
    Sorry, come late to this, although admittedly I made a comment upthread. Do I gather that Doc Niuttall has given a false address?
    It's clear as mud.

From what I can tell, if he has a tenancy agreement for the address he put on his form, he's fine.

In fact if there isn't a story there then Crick is in the sin bin for posting a photo of a politicians house on twitter.
  • Options

SeanT said:

Quite so. Knowing a foreign language gives you an insight into the mind, culture, thinking of another country which even the best computer translation simply cannot give you.

It's a bit like saying that just because some bot will be able to speak everything to you through your phone, there is no need to learn to read.

It may be technically true but in what sense is it advanced for adults to end up - or even want to end up - with the skills of a two year old?

• Options
    https://twitter.com/skynewsbreak/status/826834155392602112

How soon could the big showdown between Trump and the UN come?
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,075
    As it is getting harder to squeeze improvements in processors (a recent fab had a 10% yield, meaning that 90% of everything it made was unsaleable), these are the techs that will be truly transformative:

*) A way of parallelising all tasks.
    *) Widespread, consumer-grade quantum communications.
    *) Ditto quantum computing
    *) Widespread, home-based multi-material 3D printing.
    *) 'Real' AI.

Some of these may be a very long way away.
  • Options
    Mr. F, I do wonder how the asexual would get along in that group. Seems a bit like putting atheists in with the Amish.
  • Options
    wasdwasd Posts: 276

https://twitter.com/skynewsbreak/status/826834155392602112

How soon could the big showdown between Trump and the UN come?

The heavily US funded UN?
  • Options

Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

Don't you have to be living there when you fill in and sign the form?

• Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869
    SeanT said:

welshowl said:

SeanT said:

ON-topic I just watched a Fox News report on self drive cars. Google have got a new version. The Fox News lady inside said it scared her - but no one died.

Google told Fox they expect these cars to be widely on sale within 6 years, or less.

Cost? The basic model is $2000

Yes, two thousand dollars. For a car that will safely and automatically drive you around urban streets. Electric and sustainable. $2000.

This is a revolution and it will be here within 6 years. It's gonna destroy tens of thousands of jobs, from the off, it will eventually destroy millions of jobs.

I've no doubt we will find alternative ways to give people work, but, Wow.

The interesting thing is are you in charge of it, or is it in charge of it? Difference being if it's in charge of it you could presumably be as drunk as a skunk on the way back from the pub and all would be well. Bad day for taxis is that.
    Yes, the car is in charge. You just have to slur your address. It will be great for pubs - no more worries about drink driving. But terrible news for cabbies and Uber drivers, as you say.

I reckon a personal car driver will eventually become a status symbol for the very rich, like a butler. Otherwise cars and buses as we know them will go extinct, as the horse and carriage did, before.
    Cheap, and sustainable, no buses or taxis - how about trains? Personal conveyances a necessity. Each child has one to get to school?

All the extra vehicles will need to be parked somewhere. Parking is difficult enough now, without every single person having their own individual vehicle.

Good evening, everyone.
  • Options
    isam said:

TOPPING said:

isam said:

Pong said:

isam said:

Pong said:

It's pretty simple.

Your address.

The one where you live.

It's not a conspiracy.

Sorry I am using "normal" in this context as "not politically obsessed enough to post on here"
    hahaha fair enough. That brings in 99.9999% of the nation.
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

Crick's worried. The wretched Snell can't be going over at the doorstep.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Cyclefree said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

I agree. I like driving, I like owning a car, I like speeding down an empty road, the sense of freedom and autonomy.

Similarly, I liked keeping letters from people I loved. And no doubt there were people who loved a horse and carriage, and the culture that went with it. Some authors still prefer typewriters to laptops, others prefer longhand.

But in each case there is a vastly superior beneficial tech which will just overwhelm.

Think of the benefits of electric, driverless cars in London. No fumes, no pollution, no drives, no garages,no worries about parking, no need for petrol stations, no need for tyre shops - they will all go the way of horse manure, and pure finders, and livery, and coaching inns.
    I’m still mind-boggl;ing over a mix of driverless cars and motor-si taxis in Bangkok.
    These things will be revolutionary, in a good way, for massive "third world" cities like Bangkok - or Jakarta, or Lagos, or Mexico City (or Beijing or Shanghai for that matter).

In one go you solve half your pollution problems, and most of your traffic problems. Miraculous.
    If people are still driving but in driverless - and apparently much cheaper - cars, how will traffic problems have been solved?

There will probably be advances in pollution control. That is a good thing. But a bit of healthy scepticism is in order. Remember when diesel cars were seen as the answer to our pollution issues?

• Options
    Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

Crick is stoking the flames.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Cyclefree said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

These things will be revolutionary, in a good way, for massive "third world" cities like Bangkok - or Jakarta, or Lagos, or Mexico City (or Beijing or Shanghai for that matter).

In one go you solve half your pollution problems, and most of your traffic problems. Miraculous.
    what, by getting rid of half the urban population in those places via horrific road traffic accidents?
  • Options
    Pong said:

Pong said:

isam said:

Pong said:

It's pretty simple.

Your address.

The one where you live.

It's not a conspiracy.
    It's clear as mud.

From what I can tell, if he has a tenancy agreement for the address he put on his form, he's fine.

In fact if there isn't a story there then Crick is in the sin bin for posting a photo of a politicians house on twitter.
    Seems pretty clear that he *now* lives there, but that he didn't at the time of nomination. Which I think is a breach of the rules, though not necessarily a determinative one.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

IIRC the form does say 'current home'
  • Options
    isam said:

Pong said:

isam said:

Pong said:

It's pretty simple.

Your address.

The one where you live.

It's not a conspiracy.

Some people will think it's a conspiracy. Most will understand that if the rule says you have to put down your home address on a form you have to put down your home address. They might ask why such rules should not apply to UKIP Parliamentary candidates.

As for the Supreme Court decision, why would anyone think it stinks?

• Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    This is so spot on

Virginia Dare
    We've got a right wing president who fights like a leftist. And boy, the activists LARPing as journalists don't like that. https://t.co/dQLpEvmxyX
  • Options

Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

My experience suggests that that is so. And by ‘living’ it means permanently, not just for the purposes of the election.
    However, I’m sure that in the evnt of a Nuttal win m’learned friends will consider what the law actually means.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

SeanT said:

Quite so. Knowing a foreign language gives you an insight into the mind, culture, thinking of another country which even the best computer translation simply cannot give you.

It's a bit like saying that just because some bot will be able to speak everything to you through your phone, there is no need to learn to read.

It may be technically true but in what sense is it advanced for adults to end up - or even want to end up - with the skills of a two year old?

Ah yes.

The USA and GB . Two nations separated by a common language.
  • Options
    This is the kind of 'mistake' I'd expect from Winston Mckenzie
  • Options
    edited February 2017

isam said:

Pong said:

isam said:

Pong said:

It's pretty simple.

Your address.

The one where you live.

It's not a conspiracy.

Some people will think it's a conspiracy. Most will understand that if the rule says you have to put down your home address on a form you have to put down your home address. They might ask why such rules should not apply to UKIP Parliamentary candidates.

As for the Supreme Court decision, why would anyone think it stinks?

The "their" in my post rather than "the" or "my" was the giveaway that I was referring to UKIP not me. I was commenting on what I think would happen if UKIP won the seat and were disqualified
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

IIRC, you're the guy that used to argue with me, on here, that I was deluded in thinking that computers would ever master translation. Oops.
    They haven't 'mastered' it, although they've improve more than I thought they would. And besides, that's a very different problem domain with radically different consequences of failure.

But if we're in that sort of mood, you're the guy, a few weeks ago, who said that the Turing test was nearly passed ... :)
    You're hopeless. The Turing test had been passed, in all kinds of ways

https://sciencealert.com/these-artificial-cells-are-not-alive-but-they-just-passed-the-turing-test

http://robohub.org/mits-ai-passes-turing-test-for-sound/

I'll try and make it easier for you, by posing the question in simpler terms.

What would you say to her? Well, of course. As a good and decent Father you'd firmly steer her away from that option, Likewise, her Plan B - "becoming a truck driver'.

And on this clairvoyant note, night night from sultry Bangkok
    No, no, no. You need to apply some (need I say it) intelligence to this. Please read those links and work out why you're being a bit silly.

As for your question: I'd say go for it. Learn a language. If you love it, do it; besides, most people I know who did a degree in one topic ended up working in another area. Concentrate on learning the language, but learn widely.

If your daughter wanted to be a painter, would you discourage her?
    Haven' they automated thriller writing yet?
  • Options

You've only just realised?
    Sums up Sky's presenters
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Cyclefree said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

If people are still driving but in driverless - and apparently much cheaper - cars, how will traffic problems have been solved?

There will probably be advances in pollution control. That is a good thing. But a bit of healthy scepticism is in order. Remember when diesel cars were seen as the answer to our pollution issues?

Even if driverless cars do work, change might be much slower than some people think. In a some Western countries, horse ownership per head of population peaked in the Fifties and Sixties, long after cars had become common. But, owning a horse had been a status symbol for centuries, so people who were growing richer wanted to own horses.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    John Turner from the Association of Elect Administrators says "Whatever address you are living at time of nomination is what should appear on nomination paper."
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

PlatoSaid said:

Jeremy Corbyn MP

Seems kind of exclusive. What about Furries?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Animal_pb said:

Sean_F said:

PlatoSaid said:

Jeremy Corbyn MP

"B"?
  • Options
    Animal_pb said:

Sean_F said:

PlatoSaid said:

Jeremy Corbyn MP

I'll probably regret asking this, but what are Furries?
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,077
    RobD said:

TOPPING said:

isam said:

Pong said:

isam said:

Pong said:

It's pretty simple.

Your address.

The one where you live.

It's not a conspiracy.

We'e part of the PB elite, don't you know?
    Rob , do you not mean effete
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Animal_pb said:

Sean_F said:

PlatoSaid said:

Jeremy Corbyn MP

"B"?

Bisexual?

Poor old Cisgender's left out in the cold... again :wink:
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Sean_F said:

Animal_pb said:

Sean_F said:

PlatoSaid said:

Jeremy Corbyn MP

I'll probably regret asking this, but what are Furries?
    People that likes to dress up like animals
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

Stoke has gone potty over the byelection!

All the publicity over Nuttall will highlight his carpetbagging.

In other UKIP news:

https://twitter.com/TotalPolitics/status/826832176700387328
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

@SeanT is right. The simple truth is that human beings are lousy drivers – they get distracted, drive drunk, kiss their girlfriend or fiddle with the stereo when they are supposed to be concentrating on the road, and drive when tired – hence the billions spent by governments on road safety worldwide (there are about 1.25 million road deaths worldwide annually) and ever harder driving tests. It is quite possible that those who are under seven years of age now will never learn to drive because by the time they come of age, there will be no need. It is even possible that human drivers will be banned within their lifetimes. I like driving but it will become a niche body activity fairly soon.
  • Options
    Gareth Snell's Ratners moment... it was always going to happen, Glad I didn't go all in on Labour

Still 50/50 in my book
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    Jobabob said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

@SeanT is right. The simple truth is that human beings are lousy drivers – they get distracted, drive drunk, kiss their girlfriend or fiddle with the stereo when they are supposed to be concentrating on the road, and drive when tired – hence the billions spent by governments on road safety worldwide (there are about 1.25 million road deaths worldwide annually) and ever harder driving tests. It is quite possible that those who are under seven years of age now will never learn to drive because by the time they come of age, there will be no need. It is even possible that human drivers will be banned within their lifetimes. I like driving but it will become a niche body activity fairly soon.
    @SeanT is right. The simple truth is that human beings are lousy drivers – they get distracted, drive drunk, kiss their girlfriend or fiddle with the stereo when they are supposed to be concentrating on the road, and drive when tired – hence the billions spent by governments on road safety worldwide (there are about 1.25 million road deaths worldwide annually) and ever harder driving tests. It is quite possible that those who are under seven years of age now will never learn to drive because by the time they come of age, there will be no need. It is even possible that human drivers will be banned within their lifetimes. I like driving but it will become a niche hobby activity fairly soon.
  • Options
    isam said:

TOPPING said:

Animal_pb said:

Sean_F said:

PlatoSaid said:

Jeremy Corbyn MP

"B"?
    Bisexual?

I suppose "I" could also stand for Incestuous.
  • Options

Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

In other UKIP news:

That really is childish behaviour from the other MEP.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

In other UKIP news:

Why's he still shouting? He's won, hasn't he??
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Jobabob said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

It's not fair on the minority of very good drivers. My dad has been driving since 1961 and he's never been involved in an accident.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    isam said:

Bisexual?

*best trump impression* WRONG

You know that's a gender "identity" :D
  • Options
    King Filip of Belgium launches attack on UK and US.

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english/News/1.2879830

"2016 is a year that we will remember as the year in which two great friends decided to focus their policies chiefly upon themselves.... They seem to wish to turn the course of history - and this conflicts with their own traditions of openness and generosity, of joining our common dream and commitment."
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

RobD said:

Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

In other UKIP news:

According to the article, they weren't debating Brexit.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,144
    Sean_F said:

isam said:

TOPPING said:

Animal_pb said:

Sean_F said:

PlatoSaid said:

Jeremy Corbyn MP

"B"?
    Bisexual?

I suppose "I" could also stand for Incestuous.

Would be fun to find that Jeremy had signed up to support that....
  • Options

John Turner from the Association of Elect Administrators says "Whatever address you are living at time of nomination is what should appear on nomination paper."

Begs the question; what does living mean.. I’ve got to say that I had a lot of sympathy with the view of the RO who challenged me; where does the candidate ordinarily with his/her(etc) family (if any).
    Perhaps address from which they ordinarily pay Council Tax and/or appear on the Electoral Register!
  • Options
    RobD said:

TOPPING said:

RobD said:

Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

In other UKIP news:

So what? What's he doing in the European Parliament at all?
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

RobD said:

TOPPING said:

RobD said:

Mortimer said:

Another Crick non story?

In other UKIP news:

So what? What's he doing in the European Parliament at all?
    As we keep getting told, we are still members of the EU, and with that comes rights and responsibilities.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,144
    edited February 2017

King Filip of Belgium launches attack on UK and US.

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english/News/1.2879830

"2016 is a year that we will remember as the year in which two great friends decided to focus their policies chiefly upon themselves.... They seem to wish to turn the course of history - and this conflicts with their own traditions of openness and generosity, of joining our common dream and commitment."

The King of the Belgians speaks.

The world pauses - wonders if that noise it heard was a mouse farting - and goes about its business...
This discussion has been closed.